"And the eyes of them that see shall not be dim, and the ears of them that hear shall hearken. The heart also of the rash shall understand knowledge, and the tongue of the stammerers shall be ready to speak plainly." (Isaiah 32:3,4)
1. Special Prayer Request for President Bush
· Please pray for the safety and God's protection of our President as he attends events in NYC and at the UN. Ask the Lord also to give wisdom to his words and strength to his soul, body, and spirit. Ask the Lord to make George W., His light in a very dark institution.
· "When I cry unto Thee, then shalt mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is with me." (Psalm 56:9)
2.. Armed Children in Iraq Featured in New Propaganda Video - ABC News
A new propaganda video from the al Qaeda-linked Islamic State of Iraq (ISI), features small children with AK-47 assault rifles. The narrator of the video refers to these young boys as the "new generation" of mujahedeen.
· To teach young children to hate and to fight war as adults is an abomination to the Lord, for He wanted little children to come unto Him to learn of His love. Pray for these children featured in this video and for all those being abused in like manner - that their souls are cleansed by the Lord so that each can fulfill the destiny that God has shaped for each life.
· "Bless them that curse you, and pray for them that despitefully use you."(Luke 6:28)
3. Bush meets with Palestinian leaders in New York - Ynet News
Trying to breathe new life into the Mideast peace process, President George W. Bush got an immediate reminder Monday of the difficulty of his task when Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas insisted a US-brokered conference should deal with ''issues of substance.''
· "Issues of substance" can only mean Israel's giving up more land for the new Palestinian state. Fervently pray that President Bush will stand firm against any agreements that further divide Israel and ultimately give more access to terrorism thriving under the Palestinian umbrella. Decree null and void any agreement that may have been made touching this subject.
· "The wicked worketh a deceitful work; but to him that soweth righteousness shall be a sure reward." (Proverbs 11:18)
4. Archaeologists find 2nd Temple quarry - Jerusalem Post
An ancient quarry where King Herod's workers chiseled huge high-quality limestones for the construction of the Second Temple, including the Western Wall, has been uncovered in Jerusalem, the Israel Antiquities Authority announced Sunday.
· Praise the Lord for exposing more evidence of His temple in Jerusalem, a building that the Moslems are working so hard to obliterate! Pray that the secular Jews and the Moslems will be convicted that God really does exist, still loves His children, and still wants them to love Him. Pray that people throughout the world will see this discovery not as a source of a building but as a sign of God's presence.
· "...that after three days they found Him [Jesus] in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions." (Luke 2:46)
5. Bush Admin. Urges Social Security Fix - ABC News
The Bush administration said in a new report Monday that Social Security is facing a $13.6 trillion shortfall in coming years and that delaying reforms is not fair to younger workers.
· Pray that the need for Social Security reform can be addressed, not as a political football generating much heat but no light. Of course, those 45 million aborted babies would now all be adding to the SS funds had they been allowed to live. America can no longer afford to be crisis-fixing and shortsighted. Nor can we pay the SS funds for the Mexicans that NAU demands!
· America needs to tithe and repent, for then the Lord says: "I will open the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." (Malachi 3:10b)
6. House bill would nullify controversial broadcast decency ruling - One News Now
The Parents Television Council is backing a House bill aimed at restoring the FCC's ability to prohibit profanity and indecency on television during children's viewing hours.
· Pray for the right sponsorship of this bill and its passage so that our children can keep their innocence throughout their youth and that their minds can be relieved from the confusion that wrongful viewing and images cause.
· "Hate the evil and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate [eyegate]..." (Amos 5:15a)