"Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared." (Proverbs 3:25,26)
1. Official: Voice on video belongs to bin Laden - CNN
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Early analysis indicates the voice on a recently released videotape is that of Osama bin Laden, a U.S. official said Friday, as President Bush called the tape "a reminder of the dangerous world in which we live." Bin Laden also urges Americans to "embrace Islam" as a way to end the war in Iraq, according to the transcript.
· Lord, we pray that as we enter the 6 year observance of the 9/11 attack on our nation, You will keep us all focused and united to be vigilant and do all we can to keep our nation safe by using prayers as our first offense! No divisions! Let our nation never forget!
· You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for in Yahweh, the Lord, is everlasting strength. (Isaiah 26:3, 4)
2. Kurds Launch Secret War In Iran - NY Sun
Kurdish guerrillas have launched a clandestine war in northwestern Iran, ambushing troops as they seek Western backing to secure an ethnic homeland. A loose alliance of guerrillas, styling itself the Kurdistan Democratic Federation, is fighting for an independent state which would cover the Kurdish-majority areas of Turkey, Iran, Iraq, and Syria.
· Lord, in all the turmoil in the Middle East, You have the perfect plan for every person and every nation. We pray for Your perfect will to be done in everyone! Let Christians have favor with the nations and be free to share the gospel!
· The blind see and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear; the dead are raised up and the poor have the gospel preached to them. And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me." (Matthew 11:5, 6)
3. Iraq surge goals being met: US general - SMH
In Baghdad, the number of deaths due to "ethno-sectarian violence" - defined as incidents involving one ethnic group against another, and motivated by ethnic differences - had dropped by 80 per cent since December, General Petraeus said. He said that the number of security incidents over the past two weeks has been the lowest since June last year and violence had declined in eight of the past 12 weeks.
· Lord, despite all the naysayers, let the Iraqi people feel secure, and let them be loyal to the American troops and the U.S. May Americans see there is hope for victory in Iraq! Lift Gen. Petraeus and the troops to great successes.
· And they helped David against the bands of raiders, for they were all mighty men of valor, and they were captains in the army. For at that time they came to David day by day to help him, until it was a great army, like the army of God. (1 Chronicles 12:21, 22)
4. Iran's nuclear foes 'racing to hell': Ahmadinejad - AFP
TEHRAN (AFP) - President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Sunday lashed out at his Western foes which demand Iran halt its sensitive nuclear activities, saying they were "racing to hell". The UN Security Council has issued two sanctions resolutions against Tehran for its refusal to suspend uranium enrichment, a key part of an atomic program that the United States alleges is aimed at making nuclear weapons.
· Lord, the Middle East is "racing to hell" with a leader like Ahmadinejad! We pray that You will have a leader in Iran who has interest in peace. Let the gospel of Jesus Christ go out through Iran without hindrance as the people seek peace!
· Do not fret because of evildoers, nor be envious of the wicked; for there will be no prospect for the evil man; the lamp of the wicked will be put out. (Proverbs 24:19, 20)
5. Sharif Arrested on Arrival in Pakistan - ABC News
Former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif was arrested on corruption charges Monday soon after his return from exile to Pakistan, where he had planned to campaign against the U.S.-allied military ruler, Musharraf, who ousted him eight years ago, officials said. His arrest increases political tensions ahead of presidential and legislative elections. It comes as Musharraf's grip on power has faltered and his government struggles to combat surging Islamic extremism that has spread from the Afghan border.
· Lord, we ask that you give Musharraf favor with the people of Pakistan. He has been an ally with us, and as we pray for Pakistan, we ask that you give us righteous leaders throughout the world who will be strong allies with us!
· Do not lie in wait, O wicked man, against the dwelling of the righteous; Do not plunder his resting place; for a righteous man may fall seven times and rise again, but the wicked shall fall by calamity. (Proverbs 24:15, 16)
6. Dollar Falls to 15-Year Low - Fox News
The dollar fell to a 15-year low against major currencies on Friday as data showed U.S. payrolls fell last month for the first time in four years, raising recession fears and pressure for an interest-rate cut. But the greenback has looked increasingly vulnerable this week as liquidity remained scarce and housing and employment data sagged. Analysts said a Fed rate cut could further weaken the dollar, and yields spreads have moved decisively in favor of the euro in recent sessions.
· Our lives are in Your hands, Lord, And every good gift comes from You! We pray You will strengthen the dollar, and that You will give the wealth of nations to the obedient, righteous ones in order to expand Your Kingdom!
· To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. (Ecclesiastes 2:26 NIV)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation. Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD." (Leviticus 23:24)
1. Ancient Escape Hatch Found in Israel - AP
Under threat from Romans ransacking Jerusalem 2,000 years ago, many of the city's Jewish residents crowded into an underground drainage channel to hide and later flee the chaos through Jerusalem's southern end.
2. IDF thwarts planned Tel Aviv suicide bombing - Ynet News
A Palestinian teen detained by an IDF force at a checkpoint near Nablus Sunday was found to be carrying three pipe bombs meant to be used in a suicide bombing in Tel Aviv.
3. Fatah promises to topple Hamas rule - Jerusalem Post
Buoyed by the growing street protests against Hamas, Fatah leaders vowed over the weekend to step up their efforts to end the Islamist movement's rule in the Gaza Strip.
4. Syrian VP: 'We will respond soon enough' - Jerusalem Post
"Top [Syrian] political and military men are examining a series of potential responses. The results will come soon enough," Syrian Vice President Farouk a-Shara said Saturday evening, referring to the alleged IAF foray into Syrian airspace undertaken, so Syria claims, Wednesday overnight.
5. Report: Israeli aircraft had Russian missile system in sights - Ynet News
Israeli aircraft that reportedly flew over Syrian territory two days ago were sent on a mission to destroy Russian-made missile systems recently acquired by Damascus, the Al-Arabiya news channel reported on Saturday.
California Legislature Defruads Electorate;
Violates Constitution With Same Sex Marriage Bill
The California legislature has once again passed legislation to destroy the definition of marriage by redefining marriage in the California code as a civil contract between two persons. The last time the legislature passed such a bill in 2005, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger vetoed it. This is a clear case where the immoral elected majority of the California state legislature is defrauding those who elected them by going against the clear will of the electorate and divine will as outlined in the California constitution and is placing the citizens of California at risk.
The preamble of the California constitution states, "We, the People of the State of California, grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, in order to secure and perpetuate its blessings, do establish this Constitution." Section 4 of the California constitution grants: "The free exercise and enjoyment of religious profession and worship, without discrimination or preference, shall forever be allowed in this State; and no person shall be rendered incompetent to be a witness on account of his opinions on matters of religious belief; but the liberty of conscience, hereby secured, shall not be so construed as to acts of licentiousness, or justify practices inconsistent with the peace or safety of this State."
Here, the California constitution is very specific-it gives gratitude to Almighty God for freedom and establishes the constitution to perpetuate the benefits of God's blessings. In Section 4, the California constitution guarantees religious freedom, but says that religion cannot be used to justify licentiousness or practices inconsistent with the safety of the state. Licentiousness means "Lacking moral discipline or ignoring legal restraint, especially in sexual conduct." Same sex marriage violates both Biblical and religious morality because homosexuality is immoral and presents a public safety hazard because of AIDS and dozens of other sexually transmitted diseases associated with the homosexual lifestyle.
Throughout the Bible, homosexuality is condemned as immoral. Both Romans and 1st Corinthians in the New Testament condemn homosexuality. In the Old Testament Leviticus 18:22 says, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination." So the California constitution already bans same sex marriage. In 2000, 61.4 percent of Californian's voted that "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California." Yet immoral elected officials in California seek to force this unconstitutional "licentiousness" upon their citizens. This underscores the importance of electing moral people to office and how the immoral attempt to legitimize themselves by forcing their radical beliefs on others.
Word of Life Ministry
"Can You Sleep When the Wind Blows?"
On the sixth anniversary of 9/11, we offer this beautiful thought for the day.
Click here to learn if you, too, can sleep . . . when the wind blows!
[Hint: This beautiful story scrolls by itself after you start it.]
With blessings in His Name,
Your friends at Capitol Hill Prayer Partners