The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul; The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple . . . (Psalm 19:7)
1. Romney Letter to U.N. - Bar Iranian President Next Week! - Washington Post
Mitt Romney, a Republican presidential candidate, is sending a letter to the United Nations Secretary General tomorrow, calling for him to bar Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad from addressing the General Assembly next week and instead hand him an indictment under the Genocide Convention.
· Lord, let the UN move against Iran's President and not allow him to speak because of his past actions. We pray that those who stand for righteousness will prevail. Make our nation a strong Christian nation that spreads the gospel.
· Yet they seek Me daily, and delight to know My ways, As a nation that did righteousness, and did not forsake the ordinance of their God. They ask of Me the ordinances of justice; They take delight in approaching God. (Isaiah 58:2)
2. 600 Iranian missiles pointed at Israel - Jerusalem Post
Six hundred Iranian Shihab-3 missiles are pointed at targets throughout Israel, and will be launched if either Iran or Syria are attacked, an Iranian website affiliated with the regime reported on Monday.
· Lord, we pray that You will change circumstances of those who would attack Israel to be confused and abandon their ambition to wipe out the Israelis. We stand as one with Israel as we acknowledge that Israel is the apple of Your eye.
· And who is like Your people Israel, the one nation on the earth whom God went to redeem for Himself as a people; to make for Yourself a name by great and awesome deeds, by driving out nations from before Your people whom You redeemed from Egypt? (1 Chronicles 17:21)
3. Rice may present US draft for deal - Ynet News
US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will set out for Israel Tuesday and is scheduled to hold meetings with Israeli and Palestinian leaders in Jerusalem and Ramallah on Wednesday and Thursday.
· Lord, we pray that throughout all these negotiations, we will not force Israel to give up anything that You have said is hers. Let us be a strong ally of Israel forever.
· For You have made Your people Israel Your very own people forever; and You, Lord, have become their God. (1 Chronicles 17:22)
4. Bush Picks Ex-Judge for Attorney General - ABC News
Former federal judge Michael Mukasey, a tough-on-terrorism jurist with an independent streak, was tapped by President Bush on Monday to take over as attorney general and lead a Justice Department accused of being too close to White House politics.
· We pray that no one will be in a position of authority in our land whether leaders or judges that do not recognize the laws of God and that do not judge fairly. Lord, we pray for righteous leaders.
· You shall not show partiality in judgment; you shall hear the small as well as the great; you shall not be afraid in any man's presence, for the judgment is God's. The case that is too hard for you, bring to me, and I will hear it.' (Deuteronomy 1:17)
5. Al Qaeda Steps Up Violence, Kills 41 in Attacks Throughout Iraq - Fox News
Dozens of fighters linked to Al-Qaeda in Iraq streamed into Shiite villages north of Baghdad on Sunday, torching homes and killing at least 15 people before Iraqi police and defiant residents drove them away, police and army officials said.
· Lord, we pray that every day more citizens of Iraq and their police will stand strong against al-Qaeda. Let their government leaders be loyal to our troops and our nation. Let Iraqis come to salvation and Iraq be a strong Christian nation.
· The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, And will say, 'Destroy!' (Deuteronomy 33:27)
6. U.S. economy weakens further - Washington Times
The economy weakened further last month amid housing and credit market turmoil, with consumers feeling less confident and pulling back spending at shopping malls while output at the nation's factories fell for the first time since February.
· Lord, give us godly leaders who have Your wisdom to make great decisions in all our affairs. Strengthen the dollar throughout the world and not allow any recession or inflation in our nation's economy.
· I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently will find me. Riches and honor are with me, enduring riches and righteousness . . . That I may cause those who love me to inherit wealth, that I may fill their treasuries. (Proverbs 8:17, 21)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"I love the Lord, for He heard my voice; He heard my cry for mercy. Because He turned His ear to me, I will call on Him as long as I live." (Psalm 116:1-2)
1. US Hopes for Modest Mideast Progress - AP
The United States is pushing Israeli and Palestinian leaders to put some modest agreements in writing even though they'll probably fall short of a full framework for peace.
2. Olmert 'ready for unconditional peace talks with Syria - Ynet News
Israel is interested in holding peace talks with Syria under the right conditions, Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Monday.
3. France accused of stoking crisis with Iran- ICEJ News
On Sunday, French Foreign Minister, Bernard Kouchner, warned that the world must "prepare for the worst"- including the possibility of war - in light of the unresolved Iranian nuclear crisis.