CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Friday, January 29, 2016
Prayers for Iowa Caucus
TONIGHT at 9:00 p.m. EST!
Begins 24 Hours of Prayer
for the Persecuted Church
For details, go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, January 29, 2016
"Fire and hail, snow and clouds; Stormy wind, fulfilling His word; Kings of the earth and all peoples; Princes and all judges of the earth; Let them praise the name of the LORD, For His name alone is exalted; His glory is above the earth and heaven." (Job 148: 8, 11,13)
"When the whirlwind (blizzard) passes by, the wicked is no more, but the righteous has an everlasting foundation." (Proverbs 10:25)
Abide in Me . . .
Abide in Me . . .
"Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest."
Saturday, January 30, 2015
Thought for the Day:
Of course, you'll encounter trouble. . . but behold, a God of power who can take any evil and turn it into a door of hope.
-- Catherine Marshall
A Verse for Reflection:
"Do not let your heart envy sinners, But be zealous for the fear of the Lord all the day; For surely there is a hereafter, And your hope will not be cut off." (Proverbs 23: 17,18)
Join us tomorrow night as we abide together in His presence.
Conference number: 605-562-3140
Access Code: 290787# Time: 9:00 p.m. EDT/8:00 p.m. CDT/7:00 p.m. MDT/ 6:00 p.m. PDT
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Settlers tell Netanyahu: Block Palestinian media broadcasts - YNET News
Yesha Council head Avi Roeh on Tuesday wrote to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, calling on him, Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon and Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan to block official Palestinian media broadcasts.
The request came following the testimony of the 15-year-old terrorist who stabbed Dafna Meir to death in Otniel, in which he admitted he had been incited to murder a Jew after watching Palestinian television. (Read more)
2. Is compromise imminent on Western Wall egalitarian prayer space?
- Israel Hayom
After nearly two decades of public disputes and court battles, the final draft of a compromise is currently being hammered out regarding egalitarian prayer space at the Western Wall in Jerusalem.
It appears the compromise plan will see the establishment of a gender-mixed prayer space at the southern end of the Western Wall. Groups pushing for egalitarian prayer space at the Western Wall include the Conservative and Reform movements and Women of the Wall.
The plan is set to be brought to the cabinet for approval on Sunday. (Read more)
3. Power: Anger over 'settlements' shouldn't lead to violence - Israel National News
Both the United States and the European Union (EU) on Tuesday reiterated their opposition to Israeli "settlement activities" in Judea and Samaria.
But, speaking after UN chief Ban Ki-moon appeared to express sympathy for Palestinian terrorism during a UN Security Council session, American Ambassador Samantha Power said that anger over "settlements" should not lead to violence.
"Steps aimed at advancing the Israeli settlement program ... are fundamentally incompatible with the two-state solution and raise legitimate questions about Israel's long-term intentions," Power told the council, according to the Reuters news agency. (Read more)
4. NPR apologizes for map that erased Israel - Times of Israel
WASHINGTON - National Public Radio's (NPR) ombudsman Elizabeth Jensen released an explanation and apology Monday for a map published on the news organization's website that erased Israel from the Middle East.
On January 24, NPR's blog Goats and Soda, which covers health and culture issues around the world, ran a piece titled, "What Are You Afraid Of In 2016? Globetrotters Share Their Fears." The post focused on travelers' anxieties for the coming year, and included an illustration of the Middle East and North Africa, the region of the world that travelers most perceive as being at risk. (Read more)
5. Israel believes Russia's intervention decreases chance of Israel-Hezbollah conflict - Jerusalem Post
Russia's intervention in Syria and close interaction with Hezbollah may actually decrease the likelihood of an Israel-Hezbollah conflict erupting in the near future, according to IDF assessments.
For example, dialogue between Russia and Hezbollah could provide an opportunity to rein in Hezbollah responses to reported Israeli air strikes on weapons-trafficking runs in Syria. The assessments are part of a broader look at Israel's strategic environment.
Russian President Vladimir Putin is seeking the survival of a pro-Moscow regime in Syria where he also has an economic interest. Moscow also wants to keep Islamic State away from the country's 20 million Russian- Muslim citizens. (Read more)
6. IDF Warns Hamas: Stop Recruiting for Terror or We Will Close Gaza Crossings - Breaking Israel News
If Hamas does not cease recruiting Gazan citizens with travel permits for terror, Israel will close all crossings out of Gaza, IDF Maj.-Gen. Yoav Mordechai warned in an interview with a Palestinian newspaper.
The terror organization which runs the Gaza Strip has been attempting to coerce Gaza residents with Israeli entry permits into smuggling and committing terror acts against Israel, said Mordechai, who acts as the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories. (Read more)
- "Let them be ashamed and brought to confusion that seek after my soul; let them be turned back and be abashed that devise my hurt." (Psalms 35:4)
7. Israeli Organization Combats BDS by Buying Local Products for Customers Abroad - Breaking Israel News
A Samaria-based organization is taking action to protect businesses in Judea, Samaria, and the Golan from boycott campaigns by purchasing goods produced in small businesses there and marketing them to thousands around the world.
The initiative was made by the Lev HaOlam (Heart of the World) organization, founded two and a half years ago by Nati Rom, who lives in a hilltop community east of Shilo in Samaria.
"We saw that there were no efforts using the story of Judea and Samaria to combat the boycott movement working so hard against us," said Rom in an interview to Tazpit Press Service. (Read more)
- "Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them: When ye are come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring the sheaf of the first-fruits of your harvest unto the priest." (Leviticus 23:10)
8. EgyptAir mechanic with ISIS ties planted bomb in Sinai plane crash - Jerusalem Post
An EgyptAir mechanic whose cousin joined Islamic state in Syria is suspected of planting a bomb on a Russian passenger plane that was blown out of Egypt's skies in late October, according to sources familiar with the matter.
So far Egypt has publicly said it has found no evidence that the MetroJet flight, which crashed in the Sinai Peninsula after takeoff from Sharm el-Sheikh airport, killing all 224 people on board, was brought down by terrorism.
A senior security official at the airline denied that any of its employees had been arrested or were under suspicion, and an Interior Ministry official also said there had been no arrests. (Read more)
9. Syria peace talks derailed as opposition stays away - Reuters
The Syrian opposition said it will not attend peace talks due to begin in Geneva on Friday, derailing the first attempt in two years to hold negotiations aimed at ending the five-year-long war.
An opposition council convening in Riyadh said its delegation would "certainly" not be in Geneva on Friday, saying it had not received convincing answers to its demands for goodwill steps including an end to air strikes and blockades.
The failure to get talks off the ground on time reflects the challenges facing peace-making as the conflict rages unabated on the ground. (Read more)
10. Breitbart's Klein Warns Shiite-Sunni Mega Confrontation 'Coming' - Breitbart
The Islamic State, Al-Qaida, and the Muslim Brotherhood are preparing for a major confrontation with Western-backed forces in Libya, Syria, and beyond, reported Breitbart Jerusalem bureau chief Aaron Klein.
Speaking during his regular segment on John Batchelor's popular nighttime radio program, Klein highlighted recent events that he said indicate a looming confrontation between Shiite and Sunni-armed forces.
Klein pointed to a recent report at Breitbart Jerusalem indicting the Libyan branches of the Islamic State, Al-Qaida, and the Muslim Brotherhood are in discussions to complete a "mega merger" in the country. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. Illegal alien children arrive at Holloman - GOPUSA.com
HOLLOMAN AIR FORCE BASE - The first group of unaccompanied minors from different parts of Central America arrived at Holloman Air Force Base early Monday morning. The children come primarily from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador. (Read more)
- Lord, we pray that You will be a comfort to these children, and also to the parents who have allowed them to come. We ask, Lord, that these children will be treated well, and ultimately come to know You as Savior and Lord. Give wisdom and organization skills to those who are tasked with receiving these children, and to those who will care for them. We ask these things in Jesus Name. Amen.
- "Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me. Don't stop them, because the kingdom of heaven belongs to people who are like these children.'" (Matthew 19:14)
2. Oklahoma Dem: Obamacare is a 'Cuss Word' In This State - Townhall.com
So, by the Obama White House standards, Oklahoma has decided to be a health care rebel: The state declined to set up its own insurance exchange or to expand its Medicaid program, which has some of the nation's most restrictive eligibility criteria. State officials say the number of private insurers participating on the federal insurance exchange here has fallen, and the premiums of the insurance plans on offer have increased. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for the boldness of Oklahoma, in their efforts to solve their healthcare dilemma. We ask for wisdom for those that must deal with this problem. May they find creative ways to meet the needs of Oklahomans, and still comply with the law. We ask this in Jesus' Name, Amen.
- "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." (James 1:5)
3. Judge Carolyn Walker-Diallo threatened after taking oath of office with Koran: reports - Washington Times
Carolyn Walker-Diallo, one of the newest judges in New York City, has been receiving threats after taking her oath of office last week with her hand placed on a Koran, police sources said this week.
Judge Walker-Diallo was elected last month to preside over Brooklyn's 7th Municipal District and took her oath of office last Thursday using the Muslim holy book. While judges typically opt to "swear" their pledge, individuals with religious objections to invoking God in an oath are allowed to "affirm" their oath, as did Judge Walker-Diallo. (Read more)
- Father, we are concerned about this situation concerning Judge Walker-Diallo's ability to judge by U.S. law, or shariah law. We ask that her true intentions will be revealed. May she realize that she must obey U.S. laws, and make her judgments based on those laws, and not according to the Koran. May she come to know the One true God, and serve You with humility and integrity. We ask this in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
- "You shall have no other gods before Me." (Exodus 20:3)
4. Former House Oversight chairman: 'FBI director would like to indict Clinton and Abedin' - Washington Examiner
California Congressman Darrell Issa, who previously led an investigation into Benghazi as former chairman of the House Oversight Committee, says the FBI "would like to indict both Huma [Abedin] and Hillary Clinton" for conducting sensitive government business on an unsecure, private email server.
"I think the FBI director would like to indict both Huma and Hillary as we speak," the Republican heavyweight told the Washington Examiner Thursday, during a debate watch-party at Florida Sen. Marco Rubio's New Hampshire campaign headquarters.
"I think he's in a position where he's being forced to triple-time make a case of what would otherwise be, what they call, a slam dunk," Issa said, referring to FBI Director James Comey, who previously told the Senate Judiciary Committee he would conduct a "competent," "honest" and "independent" probe into Clinton's handling of classified information during her tenure as secretary of state. (Read more)
- Father, as we continue to cry out to You that justice be rendered in this case, on behalf of our national security, we note that Ms. Clinton arrogantly recently stated that, "after all of these accusations, I am still standing." Let Your justice rule, we ask in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, amen and amen.
- "But let justice roll down like waters And righteousness like an ever-flowing stream." (Amos 5:24)
"The eyes of the arrogant will be humbled and human pride brought low; the LORD alone will be exalted in that day." (Isaiah 2:11)
5. Feinstein, Boxer to call for federal review of Porter Ranch gas leak - LA Times
U.S. Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer want Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz to review the cause of and response to the natural gas leak at Southern California Gas Co.'s Aliso Canyon Natural Gas Storage Facility.
Next week the California Democrats will try to add an amendment to energy legislation under consideration in the Senate. It would require Moniz to conduct a review and make recommendations about stopping the leak and preventing future ones.
"It has been very frustrating to watch this Aliso Canyon crisis unfold -- almost in slow motion --- without any clear remedy," Boxer said in a statement. "It is time to put our brightest minds to work to analyze and make recommendations that would not only assist in Aliso Canyon, but would also help us prevent and respond to similar incidents across the country."
The leak, which began in October, has forced some 3,000 Porter Ranch families from their homes. State officials have halted Southern California Gas Co.'s operations, but the leak hasn't been stopped. On Thursday, state lawmakers moved to ban the injection of new gas into 1950s-era wells in Aliso Canyon until experts can certify it is safe.
The California Public Utilities Commission is studying the effects of permanently shutting down the gas field. (Read more)
- Father, local reports are that thousands are now being evacuated out of their homes because of this gas leak, which has caused many to become ill. We ask for a full investigation of this matter, and reparation to those affected. We ask, too, that the mainstream media now begin to broadcast this news across the nation, so that many of Your people will take note, and pray. We ask this in Your name, amen and amen.
- "For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light." (Mark 4:22)
6. Senate Committee Advances North Korea Sanctions - NRB
Bipartisan legislation to impose tighter sanctions on North Korea advanced out of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee this week. Spurred by the Communist country's latest nuclear test earlier this month, Chairman Bob Corker (R-TN) and Ranking Member Ben Cardin (D-MD) developed the North Korea Sanctions and Policy Enhancement Act to make more effective America's non-military efforts to disarm and advance human rights in that nation.
Chairman Corker stated, "We need a proactive approach that will more effectively isolate the regime instead of continuing to respond to mounting threats and provocation." Senator Cory Gardener (R-CO), another key leader in this effort, was more blunt in his assessment. He called the Obama Administration's efforts to date to be a "strategic failure" and declared, "Despite North Korea's repeated nuclear tests and long record of gross human rights atrocities, which represent a grave threat to global security, North Korea's Forgotten Maniac has been met with indifference instead of strength." They touted this bill as offering important new tools.
Notably, the House of Representatives approved a sanctions bill earlier this month. The Obama Administration, too, has been weighing options and was in talks with China this week about efforts that could be accomplished through the United Nations. (Read more)
- Father, we pray that this bill will be passed by the full Senate when it comes to a vote on the Senate floor. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "If you ask anything in My name, I will do it." (John 14:14)
7. Report: US, UK intelligence hacked into Israeli drones under operation 'Anarchist' - Jerusalem Post
The United States and British intelligence services hacked into Israeli drones in order to monitor their activity under a classified program code-named "Anarchist," Internet publication The Intercept reported Friday.
The UK's intelligence services known as the Governments Communication Headquarters (GCHQ), working in conjunction with the National Security Agency (NSA), systematically surveyed Israeli drones from Cyprus in order to collect information on military operations in Gaza, watch out for potential strikes on Iran, and monitor drone technology the Jewish State was exporting around the world.
According to The Intercept, leaked documents provided by Edward Snowden show that under the auspices of the "Anarchist" program, UK and US intelligence services collected snapshot images from the Israeli drones and data mapping pinpointing the paths taken by the unmanned aircraft devices. (Read more)
- Lord God, is this a way to treat an ally? Father, forgive us, for we know not what we do. This sneaky, back-handed tactic, Lord, is bound to come back and hit us on our own back side. Allies share intelligence; we do not spy upon our own to gain intelligence. Help us, O Lord, for as a nation, we have surely lost our way. We pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- (For Israel) - " . . .those who curse you, I will curse . . ." (Genesis 12:3)
8. Iraq's Mosul dam could face catastrophic collapse - top US general - YnetNews
He said the military was working with the government on a plan to protect Iraqi civilians from the impact of a collapse, which would send a surge of water down the heavily populated Tigris river valley. (Read more)
- Abba, we bring this difficult situation to You, asking again for wisdom for those who need to strengthen this dam, and thereby save the lives of many. We ask for success for those involved in making decisions to secure this dam, and protect those who would be impacted, should the dam fail. We thank You for Your protection, in Jesus Name, Amen.
- "I will steady him with My hand, and strengthen him with My arm." (Psalm 89:21)
9. Iran says warns U.S. warship to leave waters near Strait of Hormuz - YahooNews
Iran's navy warned a U.S. warship on Wednesday to leave waters near the Strait of Hormuz where the Iranians were testing submarines, destroyers and missile launchers, news agencies reported. The commander of Iran's fleet, Rear-Admiral Habibollah Sayyari, told Tasnim news agency the U.S. ship was trying to collect information in the Sea of Oman . . .and said it left quickly after the alert.(Read more)
- Abba, we thank You that there was no violence in this confrontation between Iran's navy, and ours. We ask that we will be able to gain the information we need without causing any violence or act of war. Thank You, Father, in Jesus Name, Amen.
- "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves." (Matthew 10:16)"
10. Netanyahu: Where's Europe when Iran, ISIS, Hamas call for another Holocaust? - Jerusalem Post
"Unfortunately in Europe and elsewhere Jews are once again being target once again just for being Jews," he said. "Around the world Jewish communities are increasingly living in fear as we see anti-Semitism directed against individual Jews, and we also see this hatred directed against the collective Jew, against the Jewish state," he said. (Read more)
- O Lord God of Israel, and our God, we bring this situation to You, and ask You to protect Your People, and bring them back to the Land You have given them. We ask that You stand guard between Your people, and those who hate them. Bring glory to Yourself, we pray, Amen.
- "For the wrath of man shall praise You; With a remnant of wrath You will clothe and arm Yourself." (Psalm 76:10)
Prayers for Iowa Caucus
Prayers for Iowa Caucus
The Iowa Caucus, Feb. 1st and New Hampshire caucus, Feb. 9th
WHAT IS OUR JOB?
SCRIPTURE AND PRAYER
Isaiah 28:6 - "You're the source of strength for those who turn the battle back at the gate." We lift up, Lord, your choice in these primaries. We ask that you give us Your choice, not man's choice and we ask that you strengthen your choice physically and politically. We ask for a suddenly and a surprise.
Job 5:12 - "You frustrate the plotting of the shrewd so their hands not attain success." Whoever is classified as "shrewd" - the media, a candidate - his plans and his words, we ask that You, Lord, frustrate their path and Your choice to come forth.
James 1:5 - "Just ask for wisdom and the Lord gives liberally without reproach." We ask, Lord, that you give Your choice excellent and prudent wisdom to come forth the winner in these primaries.
Deut. 20:4 - "The Lord your God goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you the victory."
2 Kings 6:17 - "Then Elisha prayed, Lord, I pray You, open his eyes that he may see. And the Lord opened the young man's eyes, and he saw, and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha." Lord, we ask that you open Christians' eyes to see and assess the candidates and open their ears to hear your instruction. We pray they will vote for righteousness and for the person who will turn this country around.
Acts 9:18 - "And instantly something like scales fell from [Saul's] eyes, and he recovered his sight." Lord, we ask that the "scales" fall from the eyes of the electorate and Christians so they may see through the campaign rhetoric and practice prudence, penetrating consideration which precedes action. We ask for a break out in the Iowa primary for your candidate.
FOR THE CAUCUSES
- That issues and things come to light for the Christian community and for the unbelieving community as well to vote with wisdom and to see clearly how to vote wisely.
- That what is right will be clear to Christians and to others and people will vote using wisdom and demanding honesty and uprightness from the candidates.
- That citizens of this nation become so weary of sin and degradation that they will seek out and vote for godly leaders.
The Persecuted Church
Vatican Pleas for Syria Talks to Remember Christians
Meetings and talks of meetings are taking place that a year ago seemed improbable, but will they lead to peace in Syria?
Pope Francis and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani have met at the Vatican, discussing human rights and Iran's role in the Middle East, in part of a push by Tehran to reintroduce itself to the West after years of stringent sanctions.
On the same day the United Nations Special Envoy for Syria, Staffan de Mistura, invited the Syrian government and opposition to peace talks due to start in Geneva on Jan. 29.
The news came in a UN statement on Jan. 26 but it didn't specify exactly which groups have been invited, and the matter is already the subject of disagreement.
The meeting between the Pope and President Rouhani is the first of its kind since 1999 when Pope St. John Paul II received in audience at the Vatican the then Iranian president Mohammad Khatami, Vatican Radio reported. (Read more)
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
HE HIDETH MY SOUL
"And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by . . ." (Exodus 33:22)
A wonderful Savior is Jesus my Lord, A wonderful Savior to me; He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock, Where rivers of pleasure I see.
He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock,
That shadows a dry, thirsty land;
He hideth my life in the depths of His love,
And covers me there with His hand,
And covers me there with His hand.
A wonderful Savior is Jesus my Lord, He taketh my burden away, He holdeth me up and I shall not be moved, He giveth me strength as my day.
With numberless blessings each moment He crowns, And filled with His fullness divine, I sing in my rapture, oh, glory to God! For such a Redeemer as mine.
When clothed with His brightness transported I rise To meet Him in clouds of the sky, His perfect salvation, His wonderful love, I'll shout with the millions on high.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Frances J. Crosby, 1890
Music: William J. Kirkpatrick, 1890
Signs and Wonders
A BBC journalist in Israel pointed his camera up to the sky
and caught something amazing
The video depicts a beautiful image of murmuration as all True Believers become connected together having the ability to move and change direction at a moment's notice. As we continue learning to move in the spirit, we will flow together in synchronous, ever-changing patterns proclaiming, declaring and setting things in order to amaze ourselves and delight our Heavenly Father. How do hundreds or even thousands of birds coordinate such complicated movement while in flight? Watch the first video for a beautiful depiction of murmuration.
This may be the first time the BBC is actually sharing the beauty of Israel . . . go here . . .
(Source: Israel Video Network)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
"A Night to Honor Our Christian Allies": Israel's Knesset Takes Christian Support for Their Country Very, Very Seriously
(Israel)-The Israeli Knesset's Christian Allies Caucus and the World Jewish Congress on Thursday presented special awards to Christian leaders Jay Rawlings and Duke Westover for their commitment to Israel at the 10th annual "Night to Honor Our Christian Allies" ceremony.
Rawlings, who has produced more than 130 documentary films about Israel and runs the Israel Vision TV network, was recognized for his efforts to educate a global audience about anti-Israel bigotry.
Westover received a tourism award for organizing, with his wife Carlene, more than 75 trips to Israel for thousands of Christians, politicians, and advocacy organizations. (Read more)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"The Essence" - Julie True
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.