PrayerSurgeNow will sponsor a Global Conference Call for Supreme Court on 43rd Anniversary of Roe v Wade
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Conference Number: 712-432-0075
For details, go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, January 21, 2016
"The Lord sat enthroned at the Flood, And the Lord sits as King forever. The Lord will give strength to His people; The Lord will bless His people with peace." (Psalm 29:10,11)
Thank you for your prayers for the safety of everyone in this city, and up and down the East Coast who will also be impacted by this historic storm.
Abide in Me . . .
Abide with Me . . .
"Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." (Mark 6:31)
Saturday, January 23, 2016
9:00 p.m. EST
Come and abide along with us in the midst of an historic blizzard in Washington, D.C. The LORD will carry us through!
Time: 9:00 p.m. EST/8:00 p.m. CST/7:00 p.m. MST/ 6:00 p.m. PST
Conference Number: 605-562-3140#
Access Code: 290787#
Come join us as be abide in Him . . . together . . .
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
GOD SENDS A SIGN OF LIFE IN THE SKIES OVER ISRAEL
Amazing. Above Israel, "Chai" shines -- the Hebrew symbol of life!
Even though some of the headlines we bring you are naming "Palestine" as a state, in the Word of God there is no "Palestine." Rather, the correct terminology is "the West Bank" or "Judea and Samaria." The only state is the state of Israel.
Due to legal constraints, we are not allowed to change text we are forwarding to you. Thank you for hearing our heart in this critical matter.
Sara Ballenger, President and Senior Editor
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
1. 'We will protect interfaith coexistence in Israel' - Israel Hayom
"We will not allow anyone to undermine the coexistence between religions in Israel," Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan said on Sunday, after police discovered Hebrew graffiti on the walls of a famous Jerusalem church, in what appeared to be the latest vandalism attack by extremist Jews.
"We will show zero tolerance to whomever harms the democratic foundations of Israel and its freedom of religion and we will apprehend those who carried out this heinous act," Erdan said.
He said he had instructed police to give the vandalism case top priority.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu also condemned the vandalism. Read more
2. IDF Special Forces and Shin Bet Capture Palestinian Who Killed Otniel Mother - Algemeiner
Following a two-day manhunt, Israeli security services arrested a Palestinian teenager suspected of committing Sunday evening's terrorist attack in which a 38-year-old woman was stabbed in front of her children, the IDF Spokesman's Office reported on Tuesday.
The Palestinian suspect, identified as 16-year-old Morad Bader Abdullah Adais, was apprehended at his home in the village of Beit Amra, a little over a mile from the settlement of Otniel, where the murder of Dafna Meir took place.
Contrary to initial assessments, Adais did not possess a permit to work in the community.
3. Netanyahu: Israel strives for quiet, and 'ultimately, for peace' - Times of Israel
Israel strives for quiet, and "ultimately for peace," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told the Knesset on Tuesday, during a speech that saw Arab lawmakers walk out of the plenum in protest.
In the event to mark the 67th anniversary of the first Knesset plenum session, Knesset Speaker Yuli Edelstein (Likud) warned that Israel's democracy is "in danger," while President Reuven Rivlin cautioned that Israeli society is increasingly fractured, with each group viewing itself "as a persecuted, criticized minority."
In his remarks, the prime minister praised Israeli democracy, saying it was firm, while noting that in comparison to Israel's early governments, "it has what to be improved, it has what to aspire to." The Knesset and Israeli democracy requires "political maturity," he said.Read more
4. Israel to announce major land appropriation in Jordan Valley -Times of Israel
The Israeli government will announce the allocation of 370 acres of West Bank agricultural land near the Palestinian city of Jericho as state lands, the largest such land appropriation since August 2014.
The area, part of which has been worked in recent years by Israeli farmers, is situated north of the West Bank settlement of Almog, in the Jordan Valley, according to an Army Radio report on Tuesday. Additional details about the move were to be published Wednesday morning.
Israel has previously used an 1858 Ottoman law stating that land which lies fallow for several years could revert to government property as the legal basis for such moves. Read more
5. Top Israeli official welcomes new Egyptian envoy - Israel Hayom
Foreign Ministry Director General Dore Gold met on Monday with the new Egyptian ambassador to Israel, Hazem Khairat, who arrived in Israel at the start of this month.
"Israel considers Egypt an important country in the region and relations with it are vital to Israel," Gold said.
Egypt withdrew its ambassador in November 2012, in protest against Operation Pillar of Defense, the eight-day Israeli military campaign against terrorist groups in the Gaza Strip. The decision was made by then-President Mohammed Morsi, affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood. Read more
6. Putin: Jews fleeing Western Europe should move to Russia - Times of Israel
Vladimir Putin said Tuesday that Jews who flee Western Europe due to anti-Semitic violence should move to Russia.
"Let them come to us. In the Soviet Union they used to go away, now let them come back," Putin said with a smile after he heard that Western Europe faces a "very real prospect of an exodus of Jews."
European Jewish Congress President Moshe Kantor issued the warning during a meeting between the Russian president and delegates from seven European Union member states, the EJC said in a statement. Read more
The Daily Brief
1. Winter Storm Jonas to Become Major East Coast Snowstorm; Blizzard Watch for D.C., Baltimore - Weather.com
The nation's capital is now under a blizzard watch, the first watch of its kind issued in advance of Winter Storm Jonas. Now is the time to prepare for Winter Storm Jonas, which is expected to kick into high gear Friday and pummel parts of the East through the weekend with heavy accumulations of snow and ice. (Weather.com) For updates, please go here.
- Father, we ask that Your hand of help will be available for this region as the main snow storm hits tomorrow. We thank You for helping the people not only prepare but be safe in the midst of it. We ask that Your angels would go ahead of us, preventing any power outages through this weekend, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man." (Psalm 118:8)
2. Pentagon: ISIS destruction of Christian monastery is "savagery vs. decency" - Fox News
The Islamic State terror group's destruction of the oldest Christian monastery in Iraq represents "a battle of savagery against decency," U.S. Col. Steve Warren told Fox News from Baghdad.
Satellite photos obtained exclusively by The Associated Press confirm the worst fears of church authorities and preservationists -- St. Elijah's Monastery of Mosul has been completely wiped out.
For 1,400 years the compound survived assaults by nature and man, standing as a place of worship recently for U.S. troops. In earlier centuries, generations of monks tucked candles in the niches and prayed in the cool chapel. The Greek letters chi and rho, representing the first two letters of Christ's name, were carved near the entrance. (Read more)
- Lord, ISIS has been on a rampage to destroy historical places, as well as places of worships to You, for two years. We pray that You will punish the wicked, putting an end to this engine of destruction. We ask this in Your name, amen and amen.
- "All the horns of the wicked I will cut off . . ." (Psalm 75:10a)
3. At least 19 killed in attack on Bacha Khan University in Pakistan - CNN
Militants raided a university in northwest Pakistan Wednesday, timing their attack to a ceremony at the school to ensure maximum casualties. They slaughtered at least 19 people, authorities said. (Read more)
- Father may Your Spirit hover over this tragedy and touch the lives of these people who do not know You. In Your Name we pray, amen.
- "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life." (John 3:16)
4. FBI reportedly investigating Kent State professor for ties to ISIS - Fox News
A Kent State professor long known for fiery anti-Israel rhetoric is under investigation for alleged links to ISIS, and an independent probe Tuesday turned up disturbing posts on his purported Facebook page praising Usama bin Laden and urging Al Qaeda fighters to merge with the black-clad terror army.
"Sheik Osama (May Allah be Pleased with Him) was the greatest, and desrves (sic) praise for kicking off this jihad," one post from an account in Julio Cesar Pino's name begins. The post, which has since been deleted, was preserved in a screenshot by The Clarion Project, a New York-based research institute that monitors international terrorism. (Read more)
- Lord we pray for the removal of this terrorist from among the students at Kent State. The school has kept him for many years and done nothing. We ask that NOW he will be fired. In Jesus' Name, amen and amen.
-"Cast out the scoffers and contention will leave; yes strife and reproach will cease." (Proverbs 22:10)
5. Court Requires NYPD to Purge Docs on Terrorists Inside U.S.- Washington Free Beacon
The New York Police Department has been directed by a U.S. court to remove from its online records an investigation pertaining to the rise of Islamic extremists in the West and the threats these individuals pose to American safety, according to legal documents.
As part of a settlement agreement reached earlier this month with Muslim community advocates in U.S. District Court, the NYPD will purge from its website an extensive report that experts say has been critical to the department's understanding of radical Islam and its efforts to police the threat.
The court settlement also stipulates that the NYPD make a concerted effort to mitigate the impact of future terror investigations on certain religious and political groups, according to a copy of the court documents published by the American Civil Liberties Union, which has spearheaded the case since June 2013. (Read more)
- Father, we ask that You keep the ability of police agencies to monitor Muslim activity in an effort to protect the citizens while at the same time preserving the First Amendment. The safety of our citizens must come first. In Jesus' Name, Amen
- "For still my prayer is against the deeds of the wicked . . ." (Psalm 141:5d)
6. Judge rejects Obama's executive privilege claim over Fast and Furious records - Politico
A federal judge has rejected President Barack Obama's assertion of executive privilege to deny Congress access to records pertaining to Operation Fast and Furious, a gunrunning probe that allegedly allowed thousands of weapons to flow across the border into Mexico.
U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson ruled Tuesday that the Justice Department's public disclosures about its response to the so-called "gun walking" controversy undercut Obama's executive privilege claim. (Read more)
- Lord, we thank You for this short rebuke against Obama's Executive Order. We ask that more and more You will use the courts to show the president that he must follow the Constitution and the law rather than go around it. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The wicked in his proud countenance does not seek God; God is in none of his thoughts." (Psalm 10:4)
7. S.C. lawmaker proposes registry for journalists - GreenvilleOnline
State Rep. Mike Pitts, R-Laurens, filed a bill in the S.C. State House Tuesday to establish a "responsible journalism registry." The registry would be run by the S.C. Secretary of State's office.
The bill would "establish requirements for persons before working as a journalist for a media outlet and for media outlets before hiring a journalist," a summary of the bill reads. The bill, if passed, would include registration fees and set fines and criminal penalties. (Read more)
- Lord on the surface this seems like an outrageous bill that definitely goes against the Constitution. But it appears to be designed to show the liberal media that their anti-gun stance is wrong. We ask that it not be passed, but that the message will be clear. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Fearfulness has seized the hypocrites . . ." (Isaiah 33:14b)
8. Europe on the verge of collapse: Soros - CNBC
Billionaire financier George Soros has warned that the European Union is on the "verge of collapse" over the migrant crisis and is in "danger of kicking the ball further up the hill" in its management of the issue which has seen more than a million migrants and refugees arrive in the region in 2015. (Read more)
- Father we ask that Your Spirit move across Europe, and especially to the heart of George Soros. You alone can preserve the continent of Europe, which once held a Christian heritage. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and contrite heart - these O Lord, You will not despise." (Psalm 51:17)
9. When Russia's money runs out, the 'real trouble starts' - CNBC
Stuck in a recession and with no sign of a reprieve in the oil price, Russia could quickly descend into chaos if the money runs out, William Browder, a well-known critic of the Kremlin and chief executive of Hermitage Capital, told CNBC.
"I don't think you can underestimate how bad the situation in Russia is right now, you've got oil below any measure where the budget can survive and you've got sanctions from the West. Russia is in what I'd call a real serious economic crisis," he said on Thursday.
Speaking to CNBC in Davos where global business and political leaders are attending the World Economic Forum (WEF), Browder said the central bank of Russia was "running out of money." (Read more)
- Father God, only You know what lies in store for Russia's future, so we commend this nation to You. We ask that You would cause their fluctuating economy to move many to find comfort in You as Savior and as Lord. In Jesus name, amen and amen.
- "The words "once more" indicate the removing of what can be shaken--that is, created things--so that what cannot be shaken may remain." (Hebrews 12:27)
10. Researchers find possible ninth planet beyond Neptune - Reuters
The solar system may host a ninth planet that is about 10 times bigger than Earth and orbiting far beyond Neptune, according to research published on Wednesday.
Computer simulations show that the mystery planet, if it exists, would orbit between about 200 and 1,000 times farther from the sun than Earth, astronomers with the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena said.
So far, the planet has not been observed directly.
"It's a pretty substantial chunk of our solar system that's still out there to be found, which is pretty exciting," said astronomer Mike Brown, whose discovery was published in this week's Astronomical Journal. (Read more)
- Thank You, Lord, for this exciting discovery!
- "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands." (Psalm 19:1)
The Daily Jot
Thursday, January 21, 2016
The marketplace of fear, entitlement and prophecy
Last year, many were pointing to the Shemitah and God's judgment on America for the reason the stock market declined in August and September. Some implied total collapse of the American economy during the time frame. But it didn't happen. These emulated from interpretations of the Shemitah, the seven year cycle where Jewish law requires a year of rest, of land to remain fallow, and debt to be remitted. At the end of the Shemitah, there is a blessing. When Israel didn't keep the Shemitah for seven cycles, God judged Israel with the Babylonian captivity. Some were applying this to the US. In recent days, the market has declined precipitously, not just in the US, but globally. Interesting how the analysts view it.
The Wall Street Journal writes that "Global stocks plunged, driven by heightened concerns about growth and fading confidence in the willingness or the ability of central banks to boost their economies. They are further concerned that weak economies have failed to stimulate inflation and that lower oil prices are a concern for economic woes. In the 1980s, we were taught that inflation was a bad thing and that it was kept under control with lower oil prices--both of which the Carter Administration policies had undermined. Now traders on the world stock exchanges want inflation and higher oil prices. The narrative has changed and it is designed to instill fear into the world population. Fear results in control.
Central banks have been "managing" or controlling economies by propping up banking interests through a process called quantitative easing. It's wealth redistribution from the nation's treasury (read taxpayers) to the investment banking world. Keep feeding the market and it remains happy. But when the Federal Reserve raised interest rates in December it signaled to the bankers that the gravy train is coming to an end. They showed the Fed, global central banks, the rest of the world, and you and me that they didn't like it. The result of their entitlement mentality is seen as the Dow has declined from 17,128 to 15,766 since. China, Japan and others are similar. But they can't keep robbing Peter to pay Paul.
The actions of these leaders, who abandoned Biblical principles of good stewardship, have caused a global market problem. The entitlement crowd wants their money for free to keep coming. Fear of the market crash is their tool. We are seeing that having integrated economies and central banks coordinating them leads to a problematic world. When governments accumulate debt greater than their citizens can pay, collapse is a possibility. Smart men do dumb things. And we are seeing the result of it. Notwithstanding, there is a prophetic angle that may be in play--a type and shadow of the global economy of the Beast Empire. Revelation 13:17 says, "And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." Fear and entitlement could hasten this prophetic economy.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
March for Life Not Canceled
The March for Life will go on no matter the weather.
For details, please go here.
Update from David's Tent
Update from David's Tent:
Valley Forge Winter is Here!
To read this article, please go here.
IFA Sponsors Pro-Life Prayer Call
National Sanctity of Life Prayer Conference Call and Webcast
Friday, January 22 from 12:15 - 12:45 p.m. (ET)
Dear Praying Friend,
The March for Life will take place tomorrow in Washington, D.C. Hundreds of thousands from all over the nation will take to the streets of Washington to pray and declare that life-no matter how young, including those not yet born-is valuable and God-given. Tomorrow, Intercessors for America will be hosting an opportunity for you to participate in that time of prayer and declaration from wherever you are, through our National Sanctity of Life Prayer Conference Call and Webcast. If you have never taken the time to join us to pray on our Conference Calls, let this call be the one you make time for.
- Dr. Alveda King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Allan Parker of The Justice Foundation
- Ryan Bomberger of The Radiance Foundation
- We will also have IFA staff on site at the March for Life to share what is happening in Washington, D.C.
And, as the Lord would have it, on the same day as the March and the Prayer Conference Call are taking place, the Supreme Court will be conferencing to consider taking a precedent-setting pro-life case from North Dakota. To say this is a critical day for prayer is an understatement.
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.