Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
"The Lord sat enthroned at the Flood, And the Lord sits as King forever. The Lord will give strength to His people; The Lord will bless His people with peace." (Psalm 29:10,11)
Our Abbreviated Edition:
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
GOD SENDS A SIGN OF LIFE IN THE SKIES OVER ISRAEL
Amazing. Above Israel, "Chai" shines -- the Hebrew symbol of life!
Even though some of the headlines we bring you are naming "Palestine" as a state, in the Word of God there is no "Palestine." Rather, the correct terminology is "the West Bank" or "Judea and Samaria." The only state is the state of Israel.
Due to legal constraints, we are not allowed to change text we are forwarding to you. Thank you for hearing our heart in this critical matter.
Sara Ballenger, President and Senior Editor
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
1. Jerusalem church vandalized with crude anti-Christian slogans- Jerusalem Post
The capital's Dormition Abbey compound of the Orthodox Church of Jerusalem, located near Zion Gate outside the Old City, was vandalized early Sunday morning by alleged Jewish extremists for the second time in nearly a year.
The Benedictine monastery, on Mount Zion, is near a site where many Christians believe Jesus held the Last Supper, as well as a tomb revered as the resting place of the biblical King David, which draws many Jewish worshipers.
The words "Christians to Hell," "Death to the heathen Christians the enemies of Israel," and "May his name be obliterated," accompanied by a Star of David, were crudely scrawled in red ink on a wall in the compound.
2. Otniel stabbing victim Dafna Meir laid to rest in Jerusalem - Times of Israel
Dafna Meir was buried in Jerusalem on Monday, a day after she was stabbed to death at the entrance to her home in the West Bank settlement of Otniel.
Hundreds joined the funeral procession for the mother of six, two of them foster children, which set out from Otniel toward the Har Hamenuhot cemetery in Jerusalem.
Meir, 39, a nurse by profession, wrestled with the attacker with three of her children in the house. She was stabbed and left for dead as the attacker fled.
Media reports said her daughter Renana, 17, witnessed the attack, which took place at around 5 p.m., and described the terrorist to authorities.
3. Israel Navy closely watching Hamas force build up, preparing for underwater threats from Gaza- Jerusalem Post
The Israel Navy is keeping a close eye on Hamas in Gaza as the terrorist organization busily rebuilds its offensive capabilities, which now appear to include a potential to wage underwater combat.
Read more If fighting breaks out with Hamas, the IDF assesses that the Islamist organization would likely seek to surprise Israel from multiple directions, including from the sea. The IDF feels it must prepare, accordingly, for a wide range of possible seaborne assaults, including bomb-laden boat attacks.
The Israel Navy has been developing swift underwater detection and alert systems in the event that Hamas divers, such as the sea commando unit that went into action during Operation Protective Edge in 2014, were to be employed again.
4. IDF West Bank Commander: Don't Be Lulled Into False Sense of Security by Drop in Stabbing Attacks - Algemeiner
A senior IDF officer told Israel's Army Radio on Sunday that the public should not be lulled into a false sense of security by the apparent dip in Palestinian terrorism.
Col. Roman Gofman, commander of the Gush Etzion Brigade, said that though the data indicates a decrease in the number of terrorist attacks in the West Bank, it is temporary.
"Even if there has been a reduction in stabbings and car-rammings, there has been an increase in shootings on the roads and at IDF checkpoints," he said. "These cases, too, are usually instigated by very young lone-[wolves], incited to act."
5. Palestinians arrest negotiations aide suspected of spying for Israel - Israel Hayom
Palestinian officials say staffer in the office of chief Palestinian Authority negotiator Saeb Erekat has confessed to providing information to Israel * Suspect is said to have worked for 20 years in the negotiations department.
6. Top Turkish official: Ties with Israel to be normalized soon - Times of Israel
A senior official in the Turkish government says that the country's eroded ties with Israel will be normalized again soon, with a return of ambassadors following immediately after, Turkish newspaper Hurriyet reported Saturday.
Read more The breakthrough in restoring frayed relations between the former allies came last month, when officials from the two sides held a secret meeting in Switzerland, on the heels of a declaration by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan that he would like to see the breach healed. Ties between Jerusalem and Ankara broke down after the Israeli Navy intercepted a May 2010 flotilla led by the Mavi Marmara, which was seeking to breach Israel's security blockage on the Hamas-run Gaza Strip. The Israeli raid ended with nine dead Turkish activists and dozens wounded, after the Naval commandos were attacked with clubs and poles as they boarded the vessel. Another activist died in May 2014, after a four-year coma.
7. PM vows to 'monitor' Iran as sanctions officially lifted - Israel Hayom
Iran emerged from years of economic isolation on Saturday when world powers lifted sanctions against the Islamic Republic in return for it complying with a deal to curb its nuclear ambitions.
In a dramatic move scheduled to coincide with the scrapping of the sanctions, Iran also announced the release of five Americans including Washington Post reporter Jason Rezaian as part of a prisoner swap with the United States.
8. Controversial Doomsday Theory Gaining New Support - Breaking Israel News
A bizarre apocalyptic scenario that originated decades ago is being raised again by autistic religious Jews in Israel who reportedly communicate spiritual messages through facilitated communication. Every aspect of this story is shrouded in controversy.
The Original Theory of Nibiru
Zechariah Sitchin (1920-2010) was a Russian-born Jewish scientist and author who suggested that there is a planet beyond Pluto called Nibiru (sometimes referred to as Planet X) which passes through our solar system every 3,600 years.
Approximately 50 years ago, Sitchin determined that Nibiru was about 50 years away from coming close again. According to the theory, its anticipated reappearance is expected to result in extensive damage to Earth's land masses and death to millions. This kind of dramatic End of Days event could be seen as the fulfillment of these dark verses from the first chapter of Zephaniah:
"That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness." (Zephaniah 1:15)
The Daily Brief
1. ISIS Massacre: Militants Behead 300 Women, Children and Elderly in Day-Long Attack - Christian Post
The Islamic State terror group has massacred nearly 300 people, most of them women, children and the elderly, in a day-long attack on the town of Deir el-Zour in Syria. The government-run SANA news agency revealed in a report on Sunday that the shootings and beheadings were among the worst carried out by the terrorist organization, which continues to hold significant territory across the country. (Read more)
- Father God, we continue to be shocked by the brutality of our enemy. You warned us about him, and he is very much like a ravenous lion. Lord, we pray for Your divine protection to cover the people of this region. We pray Lord, especially for our brothers and sisters in Christ, to be effective in their witness for you.
- "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings." (1 Peter 5:8-9)
2. Syrian Refugees Admitted Since Paris Attack:1 Christian, 482 Muslims; 0.2% Christian - CNS News
The United States has approved the settlement of 483 Syrian refugees since the Paris terror attacks last November heightened concerns about potential security risks in the refugee admission program - and only one of them (0.2 percent) is a Christian. One-quarter of the 483 Syrian refugees admitted into the United States since Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS/ISIL) terrorists attacked the French capital on November 13--125 of them--are men between the ages of 14 and 50.
The sole Christian among the 483 is identified in State Department Refugee Processing Center data as an adherent of the Greek Orthodox Church.
Christians account for an estimated 10 percent of the Syrian population. ISIS has frequently singled out Christians and other non-Muslim minorities in its brutal campaign in both Syria and Iraq. (Read more)
- Father God, we pray for your people, who are called by your Name to reach out to these people without fear with the witness of Jesus in their actions and words. Help us Lord take what the enemy means for harm and see this as an opportunity to evangelize these precious people who You love and desire to be in a right relationship with You. Lord, we join with Your Spirit in asking for the harvest of these people into Your Kingdom!
- "As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive." (Genesis 50:20)
3. Germany Seeks Help for 59,000 Unaccompanied Refugee Children - Associated Press
BERLIN (AP) - Germany's family minister is calling on the country's citizens to volunteer to mentor some 59,000 refugee children who came to the country without parents in 2015. Manuela Schwesig says a free hotline was activated Tuesday to help Germans connect with unaccompanied minors from Syria and other countries. The minister said refugee children and teenagers need lots of help with practical matters, legal questions, in school and everyday support. She said even before the hotline was activated, many Germans had signaled they wanted to help the children.
Prospective mentors must undergo police checks. Some unaccompanied children are fostered in Germany, but many live together in special centers. Germany saw an influx of some 1.1 million asylum-seekers in 2015. (Read more)
- Father God, we pray for Your Body, the Church, to bring these children and young adults into their lives. Again Lord, we see the challenges and opportunities within this story. We pray that not one of these minors will be lost, but all will be brought into relationship with You for emotional healing and Your Divine purpose. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "For the Lord your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality nor take a bribe. He executes justice for the orphan and the widow, and shows His love for the alien by giving him food and clothing." (Deuteronomy 10:17-18)
4. Iran says new US sanctions illegitimate, citing 'war crimes' against Palestinians - Jerusalem Post
Iran on Monday said new US curbs on the Islamic Republic's ballistic missile program were illegitimate, vowing to continue developing its conventional military deterrent. The United States imposed sanctions on 11 companies and individuals on Sunday for supplying Iran's ballistic missile program in a move delayed by over two weeks so as not to endanger this weekend's release of US prisoners. The new measures also came after the lifting of far more comprehensive nuclear sanctions.
"The Islamic Republic will respond to these aggravating and propagandistic measures by pursuing its legal missile program stronger than before and developing its defensive capabilities," a foreign ministry statement said. (Read more)
- Forgive us, Oh, Lord, for being weak in our negotiating with Iran during this past year and beyond. Forgive our leaders for not consulting You. We must look to You for scattering the plans of Iran to develop even more deadly weapons instead of using the relief sanctions given to make life better for the average Iranian. Lord, we pray that the world will awaken to the violations of the agreements that have been made and that Iran will be held accountable. Thank You, Lord, for stopping Iran's monstrous plans. We pray they will learn Your ways instead of continually lying about their plans. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- "Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee." (Psalms 51:13)
5. Iran sanctions: Middle East stock crash wipes £27bn off markets as Tehran enters oil war - TheTelegraph UK
Prospect of the Islamic Republic pumping an additional 500,000 barrels a day sends stock markets in Dubai and Saudi Arabia into tailspin
Stock markets across the Middle East saw more than £27bn wiped off their value as the lifting of economic sanctions against Iran threatened to unleash a fresh wave of oil onto global markets that are already drowning in excess supply. All seven stock markets in the Gulf states tumbled as panic gripped traders. London shares are now braced for a second wave of crisis to hit when they open on Monday morning after contagion from China sent the FTSE 100 to its worst start in history last week. (Read more)
- Although fear may grip those who do not fully trust in You, we know that You provide for Your own! Thank You, Father, for Your provision for Your children as the world markets adjust to the influx of Iranian oil. We speak stability to the US markets and by extension to those of the world as this new action is factored into global finances. May the fact that our markets were closed on Monday be a blessing to our own nation. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked."
6. Iran moves from pariah state to regional power - Reuters
Iran's release from sanctions testifies to its new relationship with the United States as it moves from pariah state to regional power, a status that could come at the cost of Saudi Arabia, Washington's chief Arab ally. Enemies and allies alike must adjust to Iran becoming an uninhibited power broker in the Middle East after its nuclear deal with world powers and Saturday's lifting of sanctions that bring it to the top table of international politics. The swift release last week of U.S. Navy sailors after they drifted into Iranian waters marked the new era in relations following decades of hostility with the West. After the 1979 revolution that brought Shi'ite Muslim clerics to power, Iran would typically use hostages to extract concessions from its western adversaries. (Read more)
- As we see the shift of economics and power in the Middle East, we must look to You to build Your Kingdom in the midst of the world situation. May these pagan men, who think they have control, come to a realization that You control the universe and all those who dwell in the earth. We look to You to bring all wicked plans to naught and for those who do not know You to be visited by dreams and visions as a witness to Your Lordship. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "Let the wicked change their ways and banish the very thought of doing wrong. Let them turn to the Lord that he may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for he will forgive generously." (Isaiah 55:7)
7. Israeli minister: PA collapse imminent, result will be 'anarchy' - Times of Israel
In a rare, candid interview about Israeli thinking on the condition of the Palestinian Authority, a member of Israel's security cabinet warned that the authority is already collapsing, and what follows will be "anarchy."
"This is a reality we may wake up to tomorrow morning, within months or perhaps after a year or two of collapse," Absorption Minister Ze'ev Elkin, a member of the security cabinet and considered close to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, told the right-wing Makor Rishon newspaper for its weekend edition.
"In my view, the train has already left the station, and it's important to understand that the post-Abbas era is around the corner. He's grown tired and weak, and there are forces working against him," Elkin said. (Read more)
- Father God, You are the only one who knows what will happen to the Palestinian Authority. Your word says that " A house divided will not stand" and evil is now rising up against evil for control. When this does happen, Lord, we ask You to grant to Israel and PM Netanyahu supernatural wisdom to combat this evil. Let them be alert and on guard preparing for all possibilities.. In Jesus Name, Amen.
- "Behold, I Am going to send and angel before you to guard you along the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared " Be on guard before him and obey his voice; " But if you truly obey his voice and do all that I say, then I will be an army to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries."
8. Pope Francis Makes Proclamation For a One World Religion - FaithLife/TRUNews
Pope Francis just released his first video message Tuesday, calling for all faiths to come together.
Subtitles on the bottom of the footage claim "most of the planet's inhabitants declare themselves believers", suggesting that based on that belief, there should be a dialogue between people of different religions. The pope is shown requesting collaboration with "those who think differently", but meet God in "different ways".
The video, complete with patriotic sounding music, shows Christians, Muslims, Buddhists and Jews declaring "I believe in love" and then coming together as they proclaim their belief in God, or "confidence in Buddha."
It was put together by the Jesuit global prayer network, Apostleship of Prayer, to highlight the Pope's prayer intentions for the month. (Read more and view video here)
- Father, we ask forgiveness for this man, because surely he knows not what he is saying. Your Word says to test the spirits and we thank you Lord that we see the truth. You say "Beware of false prophets who speak lies. There is no different way to meet God and come into His presence except through repentance and accepting Him as our Lord and Savior. Open the eyes of all who would see this as 'the way" and join themselves with other gods. Let truth and discernment pave the way in seeing into this false doctrine. You alone, Father, are our God!!!!!! In Jesus name, Amen.
- "Beware, lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ." (Col. 2:8)
9. Major Winter Storm Increasingly Likely in East, Including Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, New York and Boston - Weather.com
The biggest snowstorm of the winter season thus far is increasingly likely to hammer parts of the East late this week into the weekend with heavy snow, high winds and coastal flooding.
The big five cities of the Northeast corridor - Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York, and Boston - need to pay attention to the forecast this week as a high-impact storm with moderate to heavy snow and strong winds may affect one or more of those metropolitan areas from late Friday into early Sunday. (Read more)
> > > Editor's note: Local forecasters are predicting that this storm will hit the D.C. area with a magnitude of "historic proportions," with a snowfall predicted in some areas as heavy as 26 inches. Because this storm will hit on the exact day as the 43rd Annual March for Life, we offer the intercession that follows. Thank you.
- Abba Father God, we know that You are the one who controls all weather patterns, and that the wind and the waves obey You. We ask that You would cause this looming system to weaken and to dissipate, so that, by Friday, all are safe and sound on the East Coast. We ask for this miracle, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The disciples saw Jesus do many other miraculous signs in addition to the ones recorded in this book." (John 20:30)
The Daily Jot (Part One)
Monday, January 18, 2016
Don't misinterpret Iran's "goodwill" gesture
Praise God that Pastor Saeed Abednini was among the five Americans that the Iranian government released as a "goodwill" gesture. His plight at the hands of an Islamic government has been well documented and hats off to the American Center for Law and Justice for keeping his story in front of the American people. Prayers have been answered and families reunited. Notwithstanding, the "president" actually traded seven Iranians for the five Americans that he left in chains during his landmark negotiations with the Iranians that will likely help accelerate their nuclear weapons program, not deter it. A five for seven swap and $100 billion in assets to gain a nuclear weapon is not a bad day if you are Iran.
ACLJ's Jay Sekulow reported Sunday, "For more than three years, Pastor Saeed - a U.S. citizen - has endured imprisonment in Iran. We can now officially confirm that Pastor Saeed has been freed. In addition there are reports that 3 other Americans imprisoned in Iran have also been released. News broke late last night that Pastor Saeed had been taken from his prison cell to Iran's Central Intelligence agency. While the details are still coming in, we can confirm that this morning he was released. This is a major victory. We are incredibly grateful to the more than 1.1 million people who have joined us in fighting across the globe for Pastor Saeed's freedom.
"We're delighted this day has finally arrived. American Pastor Saeed Abedini spent more than three years in an Iranian prison. We're grateful for the millions of people who have stood with us in our ongoing efforts - both in this country and abroad - to secure his release. We have worked and prayed that this day would finally arrive. And now, Pastor Saeed can return home." According to Sekulow, Pastor Saeed's wife Naghmeh, responded:"This has been an answer to prayer. This is a critical time for me and my family. We look forward to Saeed's return and want to thank the millions of people who have stood with us in prayer during this most difficult time."
Let us rejoice for Pastor Saeed's and the others' release. Let us not, however, begin to think that the Islamic government or America's "president" are good guys in this story. The $100 billion in sanctions money that the "president" is allowing to flow into Iran will empower the country to boost its support of worldwide terror and will eventually enable it to have a nuclear weapon. The world has become a much more dangerous place as US leadership has embraced all things Islam in the past seven years. And let us be reminded that Persia, modern day Iran, is among those "beast" nations that attack Israel in the end time. But also be reminded that, as Ezekiel 38:23 says, the Lord, "will be known in the eyes of many nations and they shall know that I am the Lord." The Lord has answered prayers for Pastor Saeed, and God will not be mocked.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Bill Wilson www.dailyjot.com
The Daily Jot (Part Two)
Tuesday January 19, 2016
It's like an end-time plague spreading across America
Revelation 9 speaks of the locusts that come from the bottomless pit who were given power to torment those who do not have the seal of God. Verse 6 says, "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them." There is a disease that, while it could never measure up to the horrors of these creatures, torments all who are infected with it, believers and nonbelievers, and it is spreading across the United States at a rapid rate. This disease is so insidious that it hides itself from detection and slowly, but surely debilitates its victims using their weakest points against them. It now has spread to half the counties in America.
Lyme disease is caused by the Borrelia bacteria found in ticks. These ticks have spread from the Eastern seaboard across the South and Southwest. According to the Centers for Disease Control the number of counties in the northeastern US that are considered high-risk for Lyme disease has increased by more than 320%. Some 95% of the 300,000 cases a year come from 14 states in the Northeast and upper Midwest. Lyme is now the most commonly reported vector-borne disease in the Northern Hemisphere. If diagnosed early-a rash commonly appears around the site of the tick bite-Lyme can be treated with antibiotics, but longer term infections can produce joint stiffness, brain inflammation, and nerve pain.
But that's not the worst of it. Some people never know they have been bitten by such a tick. Months or years later, depending on how strong their immune system is, they start having symptoms. It could be anything from just not feeling right to strange neurological problems to severe reflux to complete debilitation. World class athletes in the prime of their careers end up in wheelchairs. In the case of my wife Chris, she almost died, wasting away to skin and bones under 100 pounds. I would lay awake at night making sure she was breathing. Doctors think they can treat it with antibiotics, and in some cases that may work if detected early. But much of the time, they just call it a virus or surmise that the person is imagining the symptoms, leaving the disease to progress in their patients for lack of treatment.
It wasn't until we found a naturalpathic doctor that Chris began to recover. He used natural herbs to kill the bacteria. But even then, it masked itself as something else. It was a long process taking over five years. Things that Chris thought she would never do again, she is able to today thanks to answers to prayer and God's natural provisions to combat this tormenting disease. Chris began each day by reciting Psalm 118:24, "This is the day which the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." She drew on the strength of the Lord and her faith in him just to survive each day. Little by little, she got better. I would wish this on no one. So please be aware and get second opinions if you think you are infected. This is an evil permeating our nation and trying to take abundant life away from many.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
AIPAC Press Release
AIPAC Press Release:
AIPAC STATEMENT ON IMPLEMENTATION OF IRAN NUCLEAR AGREEMENT
Implementation Day of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) is a turning point in Iran's strength as a terrorist state and in its ability to pursue regional dominance. Starting today, Iran can repatriate tens of billions of dollars from frozen foreign accounts, fueling its efforts to expand its reach across the region. The international community will dismantle its elaborate sanctions regime, and Iran will start down the path to legitimize its illicit nuclear program.
Before Implementation Day arrived, Iran brazenly violated mandatory United Nations Security Council resolutions by conducting prohibited ballistic missile tests. Iran also stepped up its support for Syria's Assad, Hezbollah, and Tehran's other terrorist allies. Moreover, the International Atomic Energy Agency closed the files on the possible military dimensions of Iran's nuclear program despite the failure by Tehran to explain its past illicit nuclear activities. These failures to penalize Iran for its irresponsible behavior, violations of international restrictions and failure to come clean on its past nuclear activities hardly inspire confidence for the strict implementation of the JCPOA.
This is a dangerous moment for America and our allies. We need to hold Iran to the commitments it made when it accepted the JCPOA. Congress and the executive branch must also live up to their own commitments, responding to Iranian violations of the JCPOA with certain, swift and severe penalties. In addition, we must confront Iran's continued support for terrorism and arming of regional proxies and take firm action to support our regional allies, especially Israel.
A peaceful and secure world requires that Iran never attain a nuclear weapon nor dominate its neighbors. Today, AIPAC urges the President and Congress to resolutely pursue those objectives.
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
The Week of Sunday, January 17 - Saturday, January 23
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter,go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
The Good News Corner
An Orthodox Jew Discovers Yeshua in Israel, as Miracles Begin Unfolding
in His Life
He grew up in the former Soviet Union, but at 17 his Jewish family fled the crumbling communist system and immigrated to Israel.
"When I first came to Israel, I fell in love with the country," says Neriyah Arabov. "The first thing that touched my heart was the amazing sense of patriotism in everyone that I met," he told Chosen People Ministries.
At first he didn't fully understand why his family moved to Israel. But as God's plan unfolded in his life, he began to see their relocation as part of God's plan for "restoring His people."
In the former Soviet Union, he was the only Jewish student in his Uzbeki school. "My name-Neriyah-stuck out starkly amongst the Mashas, Sashas and Pashas. I was different in many other respects," he recounts.
"My skin was darker than that of my classmates, and I was not allowed to eat outside my home because our family kept kosher."
He rejoiced in one thing after his arrival in Israel, that he "would never again be called a dirty Jew by my countrymen. I was no longer persecuted on account of my race and beliefs."
When he joined the Israel Defense Forces, his connection to the Israeli people deepened. After he finished his service and found work at the Tel Aviv municipality he met a Russian man who shared with him the surprising news that Jesus is the Messiah of Israel.