CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Thursday, January 28, 2016
8:30 p.m. on Saturday with Allan Parker
Go here for details.
Don't miss today's Daily Jot!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, January 28, 2016
"Fire and hail, snow and clouds; Stormy wind, fulfilling His word; Kings of the earth and all peoples; Princes and all judges of the earth; Let them praise the name of the LORD, For His name alone is exalted; His glory is above the earth and heaven." (Job 148: 8, 11,13)
"When the whirlwind (blizzard) passes by, the wicked is no more, but the righteous has an everlasting foundation." (Proverbs 10:25)
The Standoff in Oregon
Oregon Standoff in the News
1. Oregon standoff: Ammon Bundy in custody, 1 dead (live updates)- Oregonlive
One militant is dead and seven are in custody after state and federal officials moved to arrest the leaders of the anti-government group behind the takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. Ammon Bundy and his followers seized the Harney County wildlife refuge on Jan. 2, insisting they wouldn't leave until two local ranchers were released from federal prison and other demands were met. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for the family of Mr. Finicum, who died during this arrest. We pray that somehow You will bring good from this entire situation for not only the citizens involved, but for the nation: justice for the ranchers and for the people of Burns, justice and mercy for the men and women who were arrested. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "And we know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)
2. Eyewitness to LaVoy Finicum's Murder: All Gun Shots were fired by Feds as He had His Hands in the Air, Snipers in Trees - It was an Ambush -- Freedom Outpost
An eyewitness said that the shooting that took place on Tuesday that resulted in the death of Robert "LaVoy" Finicum all happened as a result of federal agents firing their weapons unlawfully. The woman claims that not one of the people who were stopped drew their gun. All of the bullets fired were from federal agents. (Read more)
- Lord, if the government agents and police fire their weapons before thinking, we pray that You will touch their lives, removing all angst, and anger towards others. We release Your Spirit to purge all law enforcement of anything that is not in Your perfect will. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "Though You were angry with me, Your anger is turned away, and you comfort me. Behold, God is my salvation." (Isaiah 12:1,2a)
3. Ammon Bundy tells Oregon occupiers to stand down and go home - The Hill
Ammon Bundy is encouraging his followers to abandon the occupation of a federal wildlife refuge in Oregon following his arrest on Tuesday night.
Through his attorney, Bundy asked the remaining occupiers to leave the refuge and go home, KATU in Portland reported Wednesday evening.
Bundy and five others - including his brother, Ryan - were arrested Tuesday night on charges of impeding the investigation of law enforcement officials. A seventh occupier was killed by policy during a traffic stop, while two others were arrested elsewhere.
Bundy and six co-defendants were order held without bail on Wednesday night, Reuters reported. The FBI told the occupiers earlier Wednesday that they should leave the area after its leaders were arrested. (Read more)
- Father, we ask that Your Spirit flow through both sides of this situation, through the townspeople of Burns, Oregon, the police, the federal agents, and the people who occupied the refuge. Only You can bring truth not only for each of them, but to heal the rifts that have been caused during this standoff. We thank You, Lord, for Your grace, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "With a strong hand and an outstretched arm, for His mercy endures forever." (Psalm 136:12)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Rouhani in Europe: 'Zionist lobby' blocking friendlier US-Iran ties - Times of Israel
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani accused the "Zionist lobby" of torpedoing potentially positive ties between Tehran and Washington Wednesday.
Rouhani's comments, which coincided with International Holocaust Remembrance Day, were made to reporters in Italy before he took off for France during his first trip to Europe as president. "It's possible that Iran and the United States might have friendly relations. But the key to that is in Washington's hands, not Tehran's," he said, according to Reuters. (Read more)
2. VIDEO: 'It's not clear if the Holocaust is a reality or not,' Iran's supreme leader says - Jerusalem Post
Iran's supreme leader on Wednesday once again repeated provocative assertions about the Holocaust, defying the world on a day that it paused to remember the victims of the Nazi genocide in Europe.
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei released a video in which he said America "assists the fake Zionist regime" and that when "they say in their slogans that they are opposed to terrorism and ISIS they are lying," according to a translation by the Middle East Media Research Institute. (Read more)
3. Hamas says militants missing in Gaza tunnel collapse - Fox News
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The Islamic militant group Hamas says a group of militants have gone missing inside a tunnel built to attack Israel that collapsed due to heavy rainfall.
Hamas confirmed the incident in a statement Wednesday, a day after Palestinian social media activists publicized the matter. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we thank you that the tunnels are being destroyed, but we know that You do not desire life to be lost. We pray for the members of Hamas that are missing. God we pray that wherever they are You would show yourself and hold them in Your hand. We pray for the salvation of their souls. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
4. 'Planes may be shot down, Ben-Gurion airport could be closed' - Israel Hayom
In 2016, the Israel Defense Forces will have to prepare more intensely for war; not because a war is more likely, but because certain scenarios can lead to one, according to a recent situation assessment conducted by the army.
The next war, according to the assessments, will be different from those the country has become accustomed to over the past 20-30 years: Naval vessels could be targeted, planes could be shot down and Ben-Gurion International Airport will possibly be closed. IDF officials said the army has the ability to "hit hard" at anyone who targets Israel, but that no one should think the army can finish the next round of fighting in a matter of 48 hours.
According to the general hypothesis within the IDF, five main factors will determine the face of the Middle East in 2016: Russian intervention in Syria, the nuclear deal with Iran, the Islamic State group, the changes in Saudi Arabia and tensions on the Palestinian front (which does not fundamentally affect the Middle East, despite its importance to Israel). (Read more)
- Father God, we read this article and do not fear. We thank You that You are in control. We lift up the IDF and pray that You give them wisdom to plan for future events. You show them the potential enemy maneuvers so they may have counter plans made up. We thank You for the protection of all the members and leaders of the IDF. Bless them, Yahweh, in the holy name of Yeshua, amen.
5. Israel and Greece send message to Turkey: Our friendship is not aimed against you - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his Greek counterpart, Alexis Tsipras, sent a message to Ankara on Wednesday, saying the growing alliance between the two states, together with Cyprus, is not aimed against Turkey, with whom all three have tense ties. "Our cooperation with Greece and Cyprus stands on its own," Netanyahu said at a joint press conference in Jerusalem with Tsipras. "We believe it is long overdue, and are very happy about the progress. It is independent of efforts to normalize relations with Turkey." (Read more)
6. PM: Israel is a leading world cyber power - Israel Hayom
Addressing the 2016 Cybertech conference in Tel Aviv on Tuesday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu highlighted the vital importance of cybersecurity. "On the national level, first in the military we created a cyber force," Netanyahu said. "This is like the air force or like the navy or like the ground forces. This is an arm of the military."
The prime minister added that Israel has also created a "national cybersecurity authority." (Read more)
7. UN's Ban stands firm on Israeli-Palestinian remarks after Netanyahu rebuke - Jerusalem Post
After Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu blasted UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon earlier this week for remarks that Netanyahu said provided a "tailwind for terrorism," the UN top diplomat, a day after being rebuked, seemed to stand firmly by the views he expressed on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
In his speech to the Security Council a day earlier, which he said included condemnations of violence targeting Israeli civilians, Ban said Wednesday he could "understand why Palestinians living the reality on the ground may dismiss it. Because they have heard so much of it before." (Read more)
8. At Holocaust event, Obama casts himself as defender of the Tribe - Times of Israel
US President Barack Obama joined members of the American Jewish community Wednesday night for a ceremony honoring four individuals who were recognized as Righteous Among the Nations, an honorific bestowed by the State of Israel on non-Jews who risked their lives to save Jews in the Holocaust.
The ceremony at the Israeli Embassy in Washington was the first of its kind to be held in the United States, and thus the first to be addressed by a sitting US president. Held on International Holocaust Remembrance Day and the 71st anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz, Obama said, the unusual gathering was to "make real the call to 'never forget.'"
Mere months after a tumultuous showdown with Israel's government over his signature foreign policy priority - an Iranian nuclear accord that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has blasted as a "historic mistake" that poses an existential threat to Israel - Obama sought to showcase the US's enduring ties with the Jewish state, undergirded by a genuine solicitude for the Jewish people.
"We are all Jews," he said, paying homage to one of the four individuals being honored. (Read more)
To read the full text of Obama's speech at the Embassy of Israel, go here.
- Lord God, as we study the full text of Obama's address last night, we see very strong comments to support Israel against terrorism and to work to combat the growing trend of antisemitism, even in our own country. Lord God, these are words we ask You to bless, as we stand as a nation with Israel in this hour.
Father, we note, too, that one year ago, when heads of state from all over the world took time to attend the 70th Anniversary of the Liberation of Auschwitz, our president stayed home, choosing instead to send a member of his cabinet to represent the U.S. at this historic gathering. (For details, go here.)
Lord God, we pray that Obama's remarks last night demonstrate a new heart that respects the Jewish people and their suffering over centuries. We ask, too, that he would re-examine his policy on Iran's nuclear deal . . . even retracting the recent veto he placed on Congress's actions to cancel that agreement. We ask all of this in the name of our Lord Yeshua, Jesus Christ, amen.
- "Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right." (Proverbs 20:11)
The Daily Brief
1. Activists Who Exposed Planned Parenthood Horrors Indicted in Texas - DA's Office has Planned Parenthood Board Member Working For Them - Freedom Outpost
Talk about being upside down and bringing injustice upon those who are doing what is right while protecting the guilty! The activists at Center of Medical Progress, who exposed the atrocities of Planned Parenthood and its partners engaging in open murder of the unborn and selling the child's body parts, have been indicted by a grand jury in Houston, Texas. However, there's clearly an issue of impropriety and a conflict of interest in the matter, as a Planned Parenthood Board Member works in the office of the District Attorney that brought the indictment. (Read more)
- Lord we are grieved that the very people who exposed the situation have been charged. Law Enforcement and other journalists do secret taping all the time exactly like this, so it is obvious that they have done this because the group is Christian. We cry out for justice and turning this back on the heads of the accusers.
- "Now salvation, and strength, and the Kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down." (Rev. 12:10)
2. Naghmeh Abedini, Wife of Freed Pastor, Saeed Abedini, Files for Legal Separation - AssistNews
The wife of Saeed Abedini, the Iran-American pastor freed this month from an Iranian prison as part of a prisoner swap, has filed for legal separation from her husband, according to an Idaho state judiciary website.
Naghmeh Abedini previously had said in a message to supporters, that became public last fall, that her husband had been abusive and suffered from a pornography addiction. According to Ben Klayman of Reuters, Reuters has not been able to independently confirm her allegations, and the husband could not be reached for comment through a spokesman.
Naghmeh Abedini said on Wednesday that her husband, freed earlier this month, had threatened the end of their marriage. (Read more)
- Lord we pray for this family that went through so much for the last 3 years. We ask for a heart change in both Naghmeh and Saeed so that they can come together in peace and harmony. Whatever he went through during his captivity, and whatever he did previously, we pray that truth will reign over his life. We ask this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "Also to You, O Lord, belongs mercy; for You render to each one according to his work." (Psalm 62:12)
3. Hundreds of DHS badges, guns, cell phones lost or stolen since 2012 - Fox News
Hundreds of badges, credentials, cell phones and guns belonging to Department of Homeland Security employees have been lost or stolen in recent years -- raising serious security concerns about the potential damage these missing items could do in the wrong hands.
Inventory reports, obtained by the news site Complete Colorado and shared with FoxNews.com, show that over 1,300 badges, 165 firearms and 589 cell phones were lost or stolen over the span of 31 months between 2012 and 2015.
The majority of the credentials belonged to employees of Customs and Border Protection (CBP), while others belonged to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) employees. (Read more)
- Lord we pray that You will help our agents find any of these items that may have been used against Americans over the last 3+ years. We pray for wisdom on the part of the agents that had them, to not lose them again.
- " Reproof is more effective for a wise man than a hundred blows on a fool." (Proverbs 17:10)
4. Court Weighs Practice of Christian Prayers at Meetings - ABC News
A federal appeals court wrestled on Wednesday with whether local government leaders in North Carolina are violating the Constitution by holding exclusively Christian prayers at their meetings - the first time a court at that level has addressed the issue since the U.S.Supreme Court ruled in a town government's favor in a similar case in 2014.
An attorney for the American Civil Liberties Union urged a three-judge panel of the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to uphold the lower court's ruling that the Rowan County Commissioner's practice of opening their meetings with prayers that almost always referred to Christianity was "unconstitutionality coercive." (Read more)
- Father, our nation is continually attempting to remove You from all parts of society and practices. We ask Your intervention to stop this situation from destroying our cities from praying to You.
- "The Lord and your God, Who pleads the cause of His people: See I have taken out of your hand the cup of trembling, the dregs of the cup of My fury; you shall no longer drink it." (Isaiah 51:22)
5. Clinton: The Money to Help Americans Pay Their Bills 'Should Come From Those Who Have It' - CNSNews.com
"We have to change the tax system so that it is fairer," Hillary Clinton said on Wednesday. To her, that means taking more money from the rich and spending it on other people's college tuition, child care, and paid family leave.
"There are things we can do that will relieve the burdens on middle-class families, and the money should come from those who have it," Clinton told a gathering in Marshalltown, Iowa, Wednesday. (Read more)
- Father God, no matter who spews forth this kind of rhetoric and this kind of reasoning . . . it is still the socialist agenda. We pray that the American people not be deceived by "smooth sounding words" in this election year, but would be guided by Your Hand as they judge each candidate for the Oval Office. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
6. Next U.S. Commander in Afghanistan Will 'Re-Look' at Troop Levels to Deny Terrorists Sanctuary - CNSNews.com
The Obama administration's goal in Afghanistan was "to destroy the core al-Qaida cell that had planned and supported the worst terrorist attack on American soil back in 2001. And that objective was achieved," White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters on Wednesday.
Earnest said the Obama administration still expects to reduce troop levels to about 5,500, down from the current 9,800, by the end of this year.
But one day later, Lt. Gen. John Nicholson, President Obama's nominee to be the next commander in Afghanistan, told the Senate Armed Services Committee, "I view it incumbent upon me to estimate for our political leadership the necessary (troop) capability" to accomplish U.S. goals in Afghanistan. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that this administration, and Congress, will heed the counsel of this incoming General, that we might use wisdom as we deploy our troops in Afghanistan. In Your Name, amen.
- "And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:22)
7. Officials confirm at least 6 cases of Zika in US residents - Fox News
At least six U.S. residents have tested positive for the Zika virus, with officials in New York, Arkansas and Virginia confirming cases in each state.
Four people who had returned from travel abroad have tested positive in New York state with infections with the mosquito-transmitted Zika virus, local health officials said on Wednesday.
Two tested positive in New York City, city health officials said. Neither had severe complications, they said. A person who resides in Nassau County had traveled to a country with documented transmission of the virus and developed symptoms in August, had a mild illness, was not hospitalized and has completely recovered, a county health department spokeswoman said. (Read more)
- Father we take authority over this disease and bind it by the Power of the Blood of Jesus and the Authority of His Name. We loose Your healing and life to the victims, and build a hedge around America to protect us. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- " . . . whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." (Matthew 16:19)
8. Sweden to deport up to 80,000 refugees - Fox News
Up to 80,000 refugees who arrived in Sweden last year will be expelled from the country over the next few years, the country's interior minister said Thursday. Anders Ygeman told newspaper Dagens Industri that since about 45 percent of asylum applications are currently rejected, the country must get ready to send back tens of thousands of the 163,000 who sought shelter in Sweden in 2015.
"I think that it could be about 60,000 people, but it could also be up to 80,000," Ygeman was quoted as saying. (Read more)
- Father, we do not know the reason these people were rejected by a liberal nation like Sweden. We pray for Your Spirit to move among them, and protect all Western nations from whatever caused the problem. If any of them belong to You we ask for mercy and placement where You have chosen them to flee. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "Then the nations which are left all around you shall know that I, the Lord, have rebuilt the ruined places and planted what was desolate." (Ezekiel 36:36)
9. North Korea may be readying long-range missile launch soon: Kyodo - Reuters
North Korea may be preparing to launch a long-range missile as soon as within a week, Japan's Kyodo news agency reported early on Thursday, citing an unnamed Japanese government official.
The official cited signs of possible preparations for a missile launch, based on analysis of satellite imagery of the North's Tongchang-ri missile test site on its west coast.
The report came as U.N. Security Council members discuss fresh sanctions against the North after it conducted its fourth nuclear test on Jan. 6. The North is already under sanctions for its nuclear and missile programs. (Read more)
- Father, You alone know the true capability of this rogue nation. We thank You for Your protection against this missile launch, may it fail miserably. In the name of Jesus Christ, we pray, amen.
-"No weapon formed against you shall prosper." (Isaiah 54:17)
10. Two arrested at Disneyland Paris after guns, ammo, Koran found in suitcase - Fox News
French police arrested a man and woman at a Disneyland Paris theme park hotel after the man was found with two handguns, ammo and a Koran inside his suitcase. Disney security staff stopped the 28-year-old man after his suitcase passed through an X-ray machine, local media report. The man did not resist arrest.
French media report he is from Paris, but not known to the local police or French intelligence. (Read more)
- Father, we offer You praise that these two were apprehended by French security forces before more citizens were killed or injured. Thank You, Lord, in Your name, amen.
- "For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to destruction." (Psalm 1:6)
The Daily Jot
Thursday, January 28, 2016
The love of many waxes cold
Over the past seven years, the "president's" promise of bringing Americans together has failed miserably. The "change" that he sought to accomplish has been to pit Black against White, government authority against citizens, social class against social class, and cultural differences against one another. There has been Islamic-inspired terror and Christians are lectured. There are crimes committed and when police respond, they are demonized. There are the accused and the accusers. There are the citizens and an overpowering government armed with a handful of Executive Orders and legal loopholes. There is frustration mounting at just about every juncture of American society.
This is both a spiritual condition and a physical condition. When socialism, translated: a form of communism, is instituted as it has been, the soul of a nation is at stake. People may think they are doing the right thing, being more compassionate to others, whatever, by accepting the tax and spend, heavy handed leviathan of socialism in their government. In reality, this is the relinquishing of the soul to idolatry. You see, communism, by virtue of its very own manifesto, "abolishes eternal truths, it abolishes all religion, and all morality, instead of constituting them on a new basis; it therefore acts in contradiction to all past historical experience." It attempts to replace God with government. It robs a nation of its very soul.
When we look at the current crop of candidates for President, one a proclaimed socialist; another by her actions, a communist; others various degrees of socialism by virtue of their votes and actions; there is little to choose from that will turn the good ship America back to the safe harbor of Constitutional foundations. The court system has been infiltrated by communists and socialists. Congress is full of people who claim to share America values, but have proven their faith in socialism either by their votes or by their willful inaction to oppose such. There is a dialectic conflict created--this new norm of socialism, and its heavy handed implementation, is in conflict with common sense Americans.
This creates class warfare--yet another strategy of the Communist Manifesto--to abolish class, abolish marriage, and abolish family. So where are we headed? As Jesus said in Matthew 24:12, "And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." If America has a chance, it has to begin with a turn to God and to his law, not the laws and precepts of men who seek to deceive and destroy. It starts with what Jesus said in Mark 12:29, "The Lord our God is one Lord." Our God is not the US government. Jesus continued in verses 30-31: "And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Please note: This article was published by Gary Bauer yesterday, Wednesday, Jan. 27th, on his End-of-Day alert. Please adjust his comments accordingly. We agree by saying: NEVER AGAIN.
Seventy-one years ago today, Soviet forces liberated the Nazi concentration camps at Auschwitz, revealing some of the worst horrors of the Holocaust. More than one million people were systematically murdered at Auschwitz. Nearly all of them were Jews, killed as part of Hitler's "final solution to the Jewish question," which ultimately claimed six million Jewish lives.
In 2005, as then-Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was threatening a second Holocaust by vowing to "wipe Israel off the map," the United Nations voted to recognize January 27th as International Holocaust Remembrance Day.
This week, Iran's current president, Hassan Rouhani, is touring Europe drumming up business contracts. He should visit Auschwitz to see firsthand the evil that Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, denies.
Meanwhile, German Chancellor Angela Merkel is warning about a disturbing rise in anti-Semitism coming from the massive influx of Muslim migrants now flooding Europe.
Over the weekend, Merkel said, "Anti-Semitism is more widespread than we imagined. And that is why we must act intensively against it." Merkel added that it was particularly prevalent among young people from countries "where hatred of Israel and anti-Semitism is widespread."
Signs & Wonders: Part 1
Incredible cloud formation above Portugal looks like hand of God
- The incredible cloud formation dubbed the 'Hand of God' was spotted over the Portuguese island of Madeira
- It was snapped by weather blogger Rogerio Pacheco who saw the unusual clouds out of his bedroom window
- Amazed onlookers have compared the bright orange cloud from everything from a fist from heaven to a comet
An incredible cloud formation which appeared over the skies of Portugal has been dubbed the 'hand of God'. The cloud took the form of a fist from Heaven with a hand holding a fireball as it dominated the skyline across the island of Madeira on Monday. And weather blogger Rogerio Pacheco, 32, could not believe his luck when he looked up at the clouds while commuters made their way to work in the morning rush hour.
The awe-inspiring snaps have since been shared online after Mr Pacheco opted to post them on his blog. Amazed onlookers have compared the bright orange cloud to everything from a flaming fist of fury to the iconic comet featured in the classic video game Final Fantasy VII. Mr Pachero said: 'As soon as I saw the sky, I was immediately intrigued and I just had to grab my camera to take photo.'
The unusual cloud formation that was spotted over the Portuguese island of Madeira, which has been compared to the 'Hand of God' Weather blogger Rogerio Pacheco could not believe his luck when he looked up at the cloud while commuters made their way to work in the morning rush hour Amazed onlookers have compared the bright orange cloud to everything from a flaming fist of fury to the iconic comet featured in the classic video game Final Fantasy VII. (Daily Mail UK)
> > > To view more photos and to read more, go here.
> > > Editor's comment:
Please ignore other items on this web page. We wish only to cite what GOD is doing these days in the heavens! Thank you.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Persecuted Church
Birthplace of Confucius Calls for Ban on Christian Churches
A Confucian scholar in Qufu, the Chinese sage's birthplace, has provoked accusations of religious exclusion after calling for Christian churches to be banned from the town.
Zeng Zhenyu, a political adviser in Qufu, Shandong province, complained of plans to turn a temporary Protestant church into a permanent structure accommodating 3,000 worshipers after the Chinese New Year in February.
"According to historical records, foreigners planned to build a church in the west of Qufu in the early 20th century, triggering opposition from Confucius' descendants and local residents," Zeng wrote in an article published online on Jan. 21.
Since then, debate has raged on Chinese social media over Zeng's call for a ban on churches to prevent "intense controversy." (UCA News)
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
ALL THE WAY MY SAVIOR LEADS ME
"The Lamb . . . will lead them to springs of living water." (Revelation 7:17)
All the way my Savior leads me, Cheers each winding path I tread; Gives me grace for every trial, Feeds me with the living Bread. Though my weary steps may falter, And my soul athirst may be, Gushing from the Rock before me, Lo! A spring of joy I see; Gushing from the Rock before me, Lo! A spring of joy I see.
All the way my Savior leads me O the fullness of His love! Perfect rest to me is promised In my Father's house above. When my spirit, clothed immortal, Wings its flight to realms of day This my song through endless ages- Jesus led me all the way; This my song through endless ages- Jesus led me all the way.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Fanny Crosby, 1875
Music: Robert Lowry
About this Hymn: > > > Please be sure to read this one!!!!!!!!!!!!
"All The Way My Savior Leads Me" was written by one of the most prolific songwriters in history. Fanny Crosby wrote over 8,000 Christian hymns despite the handicapped she struggled with during her life. An inept doctor left Fanny without her eyesight at six weeks of age after a botched procedure. She said, " If perfect earthly sight were offered me tomorrow I would not accept it. I might not have sung hymns to the praise of God if I had been distracted by the beautiful and interesting things about me." "All The Way My Savior Leads Me" is one of her songwriting masterpieces.
This beloved hymn came to Fanny as a result of a prayer. Struggling financially, she desperately needed some money. As her usual custom, Fanny began to pray. A few minutes later, a gentleman offered her five dollars, the exact amount she needed. Later recalling the incident, she said, "I have no way of accounting for this except to believe that God put it into the heart of this good man to bring the money." The poem she wrote afterward became "All The Way My Savior Leads Me." As both a songwriter and a woman of faith, Fanny Crosby serves as an example to all.
When she died in 1915, Fanny Crosby had written hymns in a large variety of different pen names. On her tombstone lies a line from one of her many hymns "Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine. Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine." "All The Way My Savior Leads Me" is one of the most beloved of her songwriting work.
Signs & Wonders: Part 2
Villagers flee as monster volcano starts exploding AGAIN just days after warning
Scores of people have had to evacuate their homes after a monster volcano they were warned about days beforehand started exploding once again.
The Colima volcano in western Mexico experienced three new explosions and a series of minor expulsions just days after earlier volcanic rumblings which led to the initial evacuation warnings.
It is the second Mexican volcano to be placed under an evacuation warning after the Popocatépetl Volcano, both near Mexico City and Peubla, sent a mile-high plume of ash and smoke into the air during an unexpected eruption.
According to the US-based Gazette Review, which tracks eruptions, several people living in the shadow of Colima and the Popocatépetl volcano, have fled already amid fears it is too dangerous to stay put until any official evacuations.
The Mexican Disaster Prevention Center confirmed in the past 48 hours the Colima Volcano, which is by several populated areas, emitted the three explosions and sixteen lower intensity expulsions.
Gazette Review reported that the latest eruptions followed last Tuesday's "minor explosion events", when Colima "filled the sky with smoke and incandescent rock".
It said it came just two days after a mile high plume of ash and smoke spewed from Popocatépetl Volcano.
(Source: Express Co. UK)
Read more here.
The Good News Corner
Couple Hurries to Put Toddler to Bed Neglecting Prayers, but She Didn't Forget!
What the Baby Monitor Captures Goes Viral . . .
"Through the praise of children and infants You have established a stronghold against Your enemies . . ." (Psalm 8:2)
[CBN News] A South Carolina couple rushed to get their daughter to bed Sunday so they could get back to cheering on the Panthers in the NFC championship game. They neglected to say bedtime prayers, but their daughter didn't forget.
Kathryn and Caleb Whitt heard her praying on her own on the baby monitor. They recorded the moment and shared the two-minute prayer online.
Mom was shocked as her toddler named everyone she wanted to pray for-without any help.
Be SURE to watch the video here.
Reported by: Breaking Christian News. Go here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Jesus Culture - Alive in You
Yes, Abba, we ARE "alive in You!" AMEN!