CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Wednesday, Sept. 7th, 2016
Special PrayerSurgeNow Conference Call on Sunday, 9/11 from 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. EDT. For details, go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, Sept. 7th, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies." (Psalm 108:13)
9/11: "If My People"
9/11: "If My People"
Live Simulcast This Sunday, Sept. 11th, from David's Tent in Washington, D.C., beginning at 7:00 p.m.
Join national prayer leaders as they lead us in words of REPENTANCE for our national sins.
Keynote speaker: Rabbi Jonathan Cahn
> > > To learn more, please go here.
The Middle East in Focus
1. Netanyahu considering offer of talks with Palestinian president in Moscow - Reuters
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is considering an offer by Russian President Vladimir Putin to host talks in Moscow between the Israeli leader and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, Netanyahu's office said on Monday.
It said in a statement Netanyahu, at a meeting with Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov, "presented Israel's position whereby he is always ready to meet (Abbas) without preconditions and is therefore considering the Russian president's proposal and the timing for a possible meeting".
A spokesman for Abbas, who is on a visit to Europe, declined immediate comment. (Read more)
2. 'Iran, aided by proxy terrorist groups, biggest existential threat to Israel' - Jerusalem Post
Citing Iran and its proxy terrorist organizations, Hamas and Hezbollah, as the greatest existential threats to Israel, former Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) head and current chairman of the Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee, Avi Dichter, said the Middle East is undergoing "tectonic movements."
"We used to have three enemy countries: Syria, Jordan and Egypt," said Dichter Monday during an international press briefing at The Israel Project's headquarters in Jerusalem.
"We signed a peace treaty with Egypt and Jordan, and today we have four enemy countries - Syria, Lebanon, the Gaza Strip, which has an army of terrorists, and Iran, an enemy state."
While Israel has historically engendered a robust level of deterrence against hostile neighbors by winning several damaging wars, he contended that a recently empowered Iran, aided by its allies, now poses the most imminent danger to Israel's security. (Read more)
3. Gaza-bound Turkish aid ship arrives in Ashdod - Times of Israel
Some 120 containers of food and equipment arrived at Israel's Ashdod port from Turkey on Sunday prior to entering the Gaza Strip, the second such shipment since a detente deal between Jerusalem and Ankara.
The containers will bring basic items such as rice, sugar, flour, clothing, school equipment, bicycles and children's toys to the Strip, according to Channel 10 news. (Read more)
4. Hamas and Fatah spar ahead of upcoming municipal elections - Jerusalem Post
Tensions between Hamas and Fatah are heating up over the disqualification of four Fatah lists running in separate locales in the Gaza Strip ahead of the upcoming municipal elections set to take place on October 8 in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
The Palestinian Central Elections Commission (CEC) announced on Sunday that it received 163 objections to various candidates in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, but only disqualified seven candidates on separate lists including four Fatah candidates in the Gazan locales of Nuseirat, Umm al-Nasr, Beit Hanun, and al-Zahra. (Read more)
5. As time runs out, frantic rescue efforts continue at Tel Aviv collapse site - Israel Hayom
Rescue efforts to save those trapped under the rubble of a collapsed parking facility in Tel Aviv became frantic Tuesday, as concerns possible survivors were running out of oxygen mounted.
Four people were killed and 23 others were wounded Monday when an underground parking facility in the north Tel Aviv neighborhood of Ramat Hahayal collapsed. Authorities believe there are three people trapped under the debris. There are also concerns that as the site is excavated, the work may cause a secondary collapse of the remaining walls. (Read more)
6. 'Hezbollah, Syrian army preparing large operation near Israel border' - Jerusalem Post
Troops loyal to the Syrian regime along with Hezbollah fighters have allegedly been finalizing plans to launch a large-scale operation against Syrian opposition forces near the border with Israel, according to Iranian media.
"The Syrian army and Hezbollah fighters have been working on a joint plan to end militancy in Southern Syria, particularly near the Golan Heights," Iran's Fars news agency quoted unnamed military sources as saying Monday. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Every Network CUTS Live Feed Of Trump's Speech To Black Church When THIS Happened - thefederalistpapers.org
Trump received a standing ovation from members of a black church in Detroit after his moving speech on the importance of the black faith community in American life. And when the pastor took the stage to present Trump and his wife with their own bible and draped a prayer shawl over his shoulders, the video feed cut out - from every major network.
Bishop Wayne Jackson began to address Trump and the parishioners:
"This is a prayer shawl straight from Israel. Whenever you're flying from coast to coast - I know you just came back from Mexico and you'll be flying from city to city - there is an anointing. And anointing is the power of God," the pastor said. "It's going to be sometimes in your life that you're going to feel forsaken, you're going to feel down, but the anointing is going to lift you up. I prayed over this personally and I fasted over it and I want to just put this on you."
At that point, the bishop put the shawl over Trump and handed him the bibles: ""When things seem like it's almost impossible, you will read Mark 9:23 - 'If thou can believe, all things are possible'," he said.
And right then - poof - the cameras cut off. (Read more)
- Dear Lord, We know that many folks who do not like Trump, also do not like prayer shawls, and what they represent. We ask, Lord, for the anointing that accompanies the tallit, would also accompany this one that the Pastor gave to Mr. Trump, and, of course, the Bibles. We do pray for the salvation of the Trumps, if they do not already know You. We ask You to forgive the producer who "pulled the plug" on this televised broadcast, for he knows not what He does. We ask You to draw attention to this situation, and that it would be rectified. In Your Name, Amen.
- "This shall be tzitzit [prayer shawl] for you, and when you see it, you will remember all the commandments of God to perform them, and you shall not wander after your hearts and after your eyes after which you are going astray. So that you shall remember and perform all My commandments, and you shall be holy to your Lord". (Numbers 15: 38-40)
2. MSNBC Cuts Live Coverage As Hillary Has "One Of The Worst Coughing Fits Ever" - Blames 'Seasonal Allergies' - ZeroHedge.com
As Hillary Clinton began her speech at a rally in Cleveland, Ohio this afternoon, the Democratic presidential candidate suffered what MSNBC anchor Ari Melber described as "one of the worst coughing fits I have ever seen." She coughed and cleared her throat through over 4 minutes of almost incoherent babble before MSNBC cut away, joking that Hillary had quipped "every time I think about Trump I get allergic."
Unfortunately for Hillary, her earlier coughing fit was not a lone wolf attack. Right in the middle of her "Russia-Trump Conspiracy" lecture to reporters aboard her plane, she was forced to cut short her story by another "seasonal allergy" attack (odd aboard was is likely a heavily filtered air cabin), retreating to the safety of the front seats with the reappearance of her African American 'handler' once again. Upon her return she explained that "we went back and checked and this happens to me every Labor day." (Read more)
- Abba, we are concerned for Hillary's health, and pray that her "seasonal allergies", or throat irritations, would cease. We pray that her coughing fits would quiet down and You would heal her throat, so she may clearly be heard to speak her mind. We ask that she will be able to communicate clearly and articulately, so that her message would be clearly spoken and understood. We ask that the voting public be granted wise discernment to understand what is really being spoken. We ask this in your Name, Amen.
- "It is the same with you. Unless you speak clearly with your tongue, no one can understand what you are saying. You will be talking into the air!" (I Corinthians 14:9)
3. 10 Prominent Doctors Question Hillary's Health - WND
Despite what one physician described as an "outbreak of vituperation and anger" against those with opinions about Hillary Clinton's health, more doctors are expressing concerns during the 2016 race to the White House. And now GOP nominee Donald Trump has raised the issue to a new level, CNN reported, by challenging Clinton to release "detailed medical records," insisting he would have "no problem" with his own becoming public.
Trump tweeted: "I think that both candidates, Crooked Hillary and myself, should release detailed medical records. I have no problem in doing so! Hillary?"
Clinton's campaign spokesman Glen Caplin, noting Clinton provided a letter from a doctor last year certifying she was in good health, said Trump "has put forward a laughable letter that omits basic health information including the date of his exam, past medications, family medical history, heart rate, respiratory rate, EKG, or cholesterol level." (Read more)
- Father, we are not told who these prominent doctors are, their credentials, specialties, and/or education, nor the results of their studies, but we do submit them to Your "credentailing committee" and we ask for the truth of these facts to come forth. Whatever information that needs to come to light and be revealed, needs to do so under Your watchful eye. Father, reveal that which needs to be made known, and bring glory to Yourself. In Jesus Name, Amen.
- "The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, tat we ay follow all the words of this law." (Deuteronomy29:29)
"What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs." (Luke 12:3)
4. 80 Percent Captured at Border Set Free in U.S., Says Agent - Breitbart
Border Patrol Agent Hector Garza . . . president of the National Border Patrol Council, Local 2455, appeared on Fox News Channel to discuss border security and the need for building a wall.
"Eight out of ten people that are caught entering our country illegally are allowed to stay in the United States," Garza explained. "Unfortunately, we are trying to do our jobs as best we can with the very limited resources that we have."
Garza expressed his frustration at the lack of resources made available to the agents charged with defending this nation's borders.
"We do not have enough vehicles for our agents to patrol with, we do not get the manpower that we need." He continued by discussing the lack of proper infrastructure to safely do their jobs - including communications equipment, tower cameras and weapons. Through executive orders and prosecutorial discretion. Most of the people that we apprehend end up getting released into the country," he said while expressing his frustration. He explained that with the limited amount of manpower available, "It is very difficult to adequately patrol the border." (Read more)
- Father, this is unacceptable to us, and to You. Lord, please intervene so that our Border Patrol agents are fully equipped to do the job they have been called to do. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:22)
5. Floods, landslides caused by a tropical depression wreak havoc on Mexico's Acapulco resort - AFP
Acapulco (Mexico) (AFP) - Floods and landslides caused by a tropical depression have damaged or affected some 70 homes and schools and trapped around 200 people in the Mexican resort town of Acapulco, authorities said Sunday.
Torrential rains which began Saturday morning caused 33 rock and landslides on interstate highways and the Ayutla-Cruz Grande federal highway, Guerrero state authorities said.
The downpour also caused a road to collapse in central Acapulco, sending two cars falling downward and injuring at least three passengers, the city's Civil Protection Coordination reported. Heavy rainfall also trapped around 200 people in their housing complex, who had to be air evacuated by police, marines and the army. The residents were taken to a temporary shelter, according to Guerrero Governor Astudillo Flores. The state has already deployed Mexican army troops under a disaster plan. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You that no one was killed in this latest devastation, and we ask that the troops that have been sent in will be successful in restoring order and in rebuilding roads and bridges in its wake. Thank You for Your mercy, O Lord we pray, amen.
- "Shew us thy mercy, O LORD, and grant us thy salvation." (Psalm 85:7)
6. Massive 6.2 magnitude earthquake hits Russia - Daily Star UK
The earthquake struck in the Pacific Ocean near the Commander Islands, just off Russia's Kamchatka Peninsula, on Tuesday. The epicenter was shallow - just 8 miles below the surface.
No tsunami warning has been issued yet. But the quake is situated right on the "Ring of Fire" - which is known for it's fearsome volcanoes. The epicentre is not far from Japan or Alaska.
- Father, the news today about this earthquake that took place on the waters off the eastern rim of Russia has been sketchy. We pray that no lives have been lost, and we ask for Your hand of mercy to rest upon all other nations that make up the "Ring of Fire." Instead, let the fire of Your Glory visit each one, bringing many to Christ. In Your name, amen.
- "Shew us thy mercy, O LORD, and grant us thy salvation." (Psalm 85:7)
7. Khamenei: Muslims should reconsider letting Saudis run Mecca pilgrimage - Jerusalem Post
DUBAI - Iranian supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei renewed criticism of Saudi Arabia over how it runs the haj after a crush last year killed hundreds of pilgrims, and suggested Muslim countries think about ending Riyadh's control of the annual pilgrimage.
"Because of these (Saudi) rulers' oppressive behavior towards God's guests (pilgrims), the world of Islam must fundamentally reconsider the management of the two holy places and the issue of haj," Khamenei said in a message carried by his Website and Iran's state media. (Read more)
- Father, when You said that in the latter days, "everything that can be shaken" includes the world of Islam. As these Moslems begin striving against each other for control of their own special sites, we thank You that, in the end, all will fail and they will come to You. We call forth these souls into Your Kingdom now, amen.
- "The words "once more" indicate the removing of what can be shaken--that is, created things--so that what cannot be shaken may remain." (Hebrews 12:27)
8. 2015 Hajj stampede: Iran leader says Saudis 'murdered' pilgrims - BBC
Iran's supreme leader has launched a blistering attack on Saudi Arabia, urging Muslims to "reconsider" its custodianship of Islam's holiest sites. Ayatollah Ali Khamenei accused the Saudi authorities of "murdering" pilgrims who were caught up in a deadly stampede during last year's Hajj.
The injured were locked in containers and not provided medical treatment, he alleged, without providing evidence. The stampede killed 2,426 people, according to an unofficial tally.
The Saudi authorities, who say only 769 died, have made few details of the official investigation into the incident public but have previously rejected criticism of their management of the Hajj. (Read more)
- Lord God, we see clearly the bitterness that exists between these two sects of Islam. We call forth Your kingdom purposes, so that when Islam implodes upon itself, many will be saved. Thank You, Lord, amen.
- "Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: "Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall." (Luke 11:17)
9. Saudi Arabia, Russia sign oil pact, may limit output in future - Reuters
HANGZHOU, China Saudi Arabia and Russia agreed on Monday to cooperate in world oil markets, saying they will not act immediately but could limit output in the future, sending prices higher on hopes the two top oil producers would work together to tackle a global glut.
The joint statement was signed by the country's energy ministers in China on the sidelines of a Group of 20 summit and followed a meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and Saudi Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak said the two countries were moving toward a strategic energy partnership and that a high level of trust would allow them to address global challenges. Saudi Energy Minister Khalid al-Falih said the agreement would also encourage other producers to cooperate. (Read more)
- Lord God, it's still all about "oil." We call forth the oil of Your Holy Spirit to break forth in the hearts of those who are lost, for only Your oil can bring us life. We ask that You buffer any negative fallout against the U.S. from this new agreement, in Your name, amen.
- "But he said to them, "I have food to eat that you know nothing about." (John 4:32)
10. Sen. Menendez: Flights to Cuba 'Enriching the Castro Regime at the Expense of Human Rights and Democracy'- CNSNews.com
Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) said last week that commercial flights from the United States to Cuba are "propping up a regime that oppresses its people" and "enriching the Castro regime at the expense of human rights and democracy."
"All we're doing is enriching the Castro regime at the expense of human rights and democracy. So, if we could create, for example, business opportunities with the average Cuban person - if the average Cuban person was free to decide, you know, that I want to start up a little business, a little barber shop or restaurant or a repair shop and be able to profit from that and then because of their economic freedom see greater freedoms from the government. That might be a catalyst." Sen. Menendez said in an interview with NJTV. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You for this senator, who represents the state that includes the greatest population in our country of Cuban refugees. We ask for wisdom for both the private and the public sectors in all of our business dealings with the nation of Cuba, so that we might encourage the development of capitalism -- not Communism -- in their regime. In Your name, amen.
- "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
12. Iran's nuclear timetable -- right now! - WND
NEW YORK - Amid the disclosure this week that the Obama administration has allowed Iran to continue secret efforts to enrich uranium and stockpile the heavy water needed to produce a plutonium nuclear weapon, a leading expert on the Iranian nuclear program remains concerned that Tehran could build a deliverable atomic bomb now.
"I believe Iran already has a nuclear weapons capability," Clare Lopez, a former CIA career operations officer who serves as the vice president for research and analysis at the Washington-based Center for Security Policy and a senior fellow at the London Center for Policy Research, told WND.
On Tuesday, Iranian officials announced the country is preparing to launch into space three new satellites, prompting U.S. defense experts to speculate the Iranian satellite program is a cover for pursuing illicit intercontinental ballistic missile technology the Islamic Republic could use to deliver a nuclear weapon over long distances. (Read more)
- Lord God, we would be so happy if this report were not true, but the reverse seems to be the case. Father God, this horrific weapon, in the hands of the insane leaders in Iran, is a recipe for disaster. Only You, Abba, can spare us from this threat. Lord God, we cry out to You and ask that You would dispatch Your own Heavenly Host to do battle for us, keeping us safe from harm. We ask this prayer in Your name, amen.
- "I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill."
The Daily Jot
Tuesday, September 6, 2016
Hillary's vain words and irony on bad decisions
While trying to enjoy the first weekend of college football, a political ad interrupted my gridiron bliss. Hillary Clinton ran a negative ad during the Ohio State-Bowling Green game. It featured excerpts from Donald Trump speeches where he said that he knew more about ISIS than most generals; that he would eradicate ISIS; that he would bomb the [explicative] out of them. After showing images of what many would consider a nuclear blast, Clinton's tag line was that "it only takes one bad decision." If it only took one bad decision, Hillary Clinton would not be running for president. Any number of her bad decisions could have and should have disqualified her from public office. And that's the irony of this very negative ad.
A similar ad could be written about Benghazi. It could have shown how US-supported al Qaeda terrorists (yes, those the US supported in Libya to overthrow Kaddafi were al Qaeda who had returned from killing US troops in Iraq-let's keep our memory hats on) stormed the US complex in Benghazi; how Ambassador Chris Stevens was sodomized, tortured, murdered, and his body dragged in the streets; how Foreign Officer Sean Smith was similarly killed; how several hours later CIA contractors Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were killed defending the US compound; how Hillary Clinton refused to send military assistance; how she perpetuated the lie that the whole thing was caused by an anti-Islam movie.
But if it takes only one bad decision, Clinton refused to own up to it. Testifying before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Clinton was pressed about the lie she and the White House perpetuated. She angrily responded: "With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they'd they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make?" The difference at this point, and at any other point, is that she had the authority and the power to possibly prevent these unfortunate deaths by deploying military that was standing by to save American lives. She instead lied while Americans died.
This is just one bad decision by Hillary Clinton where Americans died. Dozens of other bad Clinton decisions are well documented. Here, Clinton is trying to demonize her opponent for saying that he knows who the enemy is and he will eliminate the enemy. That enemy is the Islamic State and its atrocities against men, women, children, Christians, Kurds, and Muslims are well known. Clinton is saying that Trump's wanting to get rid of ISIS is a dangerous, possibly bad decision. We know the bad decisions of Clinton and how she has lied to cover them. Ephesians 5:6 says, "Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things comes the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience." Our decision comes on election day. Let's make it a good one.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
A Picture is Worth . . .
. . . a Thousand Words
. . . a Thousand Words
The photo above was taken at the G20 Conference, which was held this weekend in Beijing, China.
As you can see, President Obama is standing at the end of the line, far to the left. . .
Meanwhile, at the opposite end of the line you will see Turkey's President Erdogan listening intently to Russian President Vladimir Putin, who is apparently making a key point in their conversation.
And so we wonder . . .
What was Putin saying to Erdogan and . . .
why was Obama clearly left out of this conversation?
Only God knows!
Infamous UK Muslim Preacher Sent to Prison for Supporting ISIS
Anjem Choudary, who has been one of the best-known faces of radical Islam in Britain for years, has finally been sent to prison for five-and-a-half years.
A UK court has sentenced one of Britain's best-known radical Islamic preachers to 5½ years in prison for encouraging support for the Islamic State (ISIS) terror group.
The 49-year-old Anjem Choudary, who has been one of the best-known faces of radical Islam in Britain for years, was convicted in July.
Authorities see the firebrand as a key voice radicalizing young Muslims.
He gained attention for headline-grabbing statements that provoked outrage but stayed within the bounds of the law, such as protesting outside the US Embassy on the anniversary of the September 11 terror attacks.
But the London-born preacher ran into trouble in 2014 after his name appeared on an oath declaring the legitimacy of the "proclaimed Islamic Caliphate State."
Choudary said the oath had been made without his knowledge. (United With Israel) Read more here.
- Father, we offer up a great chorus of PRAISE over this news, and we ask that our judges in the USA would render the same verdicts upon the heads of all ISIS leaders that are apprehended here. In Your name, amen!
- "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord!" (Psalm 150:6)
This week! FRC's Values Voters Summit
Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson to Address 11th Annual Values Voter Summit
Donald Trump to speak on September 10
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson will address the 11th annual Values Voter Summit on Friday, September 9th. The next day, Saturday, September 10, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will speak at the event that draws thousands of grassroots activists to the nation's capital. Both major party nominees have been invited to make their case to social conservative voters.
Confirmed speakers also include Senators Tim Scott and James Lankford, along with Governor Matt Bevin, and U.S. Reps. John Fleming, Jim Jordan, Marsha Blackburn, and Louie Gohmert. Additionally, North Carolina Lt. Gov. Dan Forest, Dr. James Dobson, actor Jon Voight, Lt. Col. (Ret.) Oliver North, Duck Dynasty's Al Robertson, Lt. Col. (Ret.) Allen West, Michele Bachmann, Rick Santorum, Lt. General (Ret.) Jerry Boykin, Sebastian Gorka, Philip Haney, and Zuhdi Jasser are among many other speakers to address attendees.
> > > For more details, please go here.
New! Who's Who in the Campaigns!
Intercessors for America Presents:
Top 20 Most Influence People in Election 2016 Prayer Guide
Intercessors for America has produced a very well researched and documented guide to the names of those who are steering both of this year's presidential campaigns.
This one is a "keeper," for sure!
To view this prayer guide, please go here.
More Daily Features
I SURRENDER ALL
"Any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be My disciple." (Luke 14:33)
All to Jesus I surrender; all to him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust him, in his presence daily live.
I surrender all, I surrender all,
all to thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.
All to Jesus I surrender; humbly at his feet I bow, worldly pleasures all forsaken; take me, Jesus, take me now. (Refrain)
All to Jesus I surrender; make me, Savior, wholly thine; fill me with thy love and power; truly know that thou art mine.
All to Jesus I surrender; Lord, I give myself to thee; fill me with thy love and power; let thy blessing fall on me.
All to Jesus I surrender; now I feel the sacred flame. O the joy of full salvation! Glory, glory, to his name!
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Judson W. Van DeVenter, 1896
Music:Winfield S. Weeden, 1896
About the hymn:
The song was written while I was conducting a meeting at East Palestine, Ohio, in the home of George Sebring (founder of the Sebring Campmeeting Bible Conference in Sebring, Ohio, and later developer of the town of Sebring, Florida). For some time, I had struggled between developing my talents in the field of art and going into full-time evangelistic work. At last the pivotal hour of my life came, and I surrendered all. A new day was ushered into my life. I became an evangelist and discovered down deep in my soul a talent hitherto unknown to me. God had hidden a song in my heart, and touching a tender chord, He caused me to sing.
- Judson W. Van DeVenter
Signs and Wonders
DIAMOND DUST ICE HALOS IN ANTARCTICA
In the icy lands around the south pole, ordinary things take on an exotic quality. Count sundogs among them. B. Sudarsan Patro photographed these from the Bharati Indian Base Station in the Larsemann Hills of Antarctica on Sept. 5th:(Go here).
Sundogs--that is, rainbow colored splashes of light on either side of the sun--are seen around the world on a daily basis. They are caused by ice crystals in high cirrus clouds.
Ice crystals in the air around Antarctica, however, are special. They are "diamond dust." These tiny, jewel-like crystals of ice form on cold days in the air near ground level. When they catch the rays of the low-hanging sun, the results can be spectacular, with sundogs that glitter intensely as the dust drifts by.
Each speck and circle of light in this image is sunlight glistening through an individual crystal of diamond dust. (SpaceWeather.com)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
"So the nations will fear the name of the Lord And all the kings of the earth Your glory." (Psalm 102:15)
God is using His people to build a Canopy of Prayer across our nation, to stand in the gap before His Throne of Grace in repentance for our personal and national sins; and to pray against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
We meet at 7:00 p.m. EDT, Monday through Friday, in an "open forum." We have no set agenda, but to seek Him daily for the burdens of His heart, and to pray them through . . .
All are welcome to join us in this exciting new venture!
We meet every evening, Monday through Friday
Time: 7:00 p.m. EDT/6:00 p.m.CDT/5:00 p.m.MDT/4:00 p.m. PDT
Conference number: 605-562-3140
Access Code: 290787#
You can learn more about the history of Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, as well as how Abba has now birthed our Prayer Canopy, by going here.