CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Thursday, September 1, 2016
CHPP and PrayerSurgeNow join
in a Labor Day Weekend call this
Saturday at 10:00 a.m. For details,
please go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, September 1, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"A wise man scales the city of the mighty, And brings down the trusted stronghold." (Proverbs 21:22)
We will not publish the Daily Brief on Monday, September 5, 2016 -- Labor Day. Please join us in "standing down" from hearing the "talking heads" on TV, that we might hear the voice of our own "talking Head," our dear Lord Jesus, in these perilous times. Amen.
" . . . pray without ceasing . . ." (I Thess. 5:17)
The Middle East in Focus
1. ALERT! Sanhedrin Appoints High Priest in Preparation for Third Temple - Breaking Israel News
A significant step was recently taken towards reinstating the Temple service when the nascent Sanhedrin selected Rabbi Baruch Kahane as the next Kohen Gadol (high priest). The selection was made as a precaution for Yom Kippur. If the political conditions should change, allowing the Jews access to the Temple Mount, they will be required by Torah law to bring the sacrifices. Rabbi Kahane is confident that if that should happen, Temple service could begin in less than one week.(Read more)
"For the priest's lips should keep knowledge and they should seek the law at his mouth; for he is the messenger of Hashem of hosts." Malachi 2:7 (The Israel Bible)
2. 'Free Pass for Terrorists' as US Court Cancels $654 Million Verdict Against PLO - United with Israel
A U.S. appeals court on Wednesday tossed out a $654 million jury verdict against the Palestine Liberation Organization for terrorist attacks in the early 2000s in Israel that killed or wounded Americans, saying the U.S. courts lack jurisdiction because the attacks were random and not aimed at the United States.
The United States government had said last year that the case threatened to financially destabilize the Palestinian government and harm the region.
Wednesday's written decision by the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan said the attacks in 2002 and 2004 that killed 33 people and wounded hundreds more were "unquestionably horrific." But the three-judge panel said they were fortuitous and "not expressly aimed at the United States." (Read more)
3. Danon: Time to expel Hezbollah from southern Lebanon - Israel National News
The UN Security Council on Tuesday renewed the mandate of the UN's Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), which will continue to operate with 11,000 peacekeepers and observers, with a total annual budget of $100 million U.S.
According to the renewed mandate, the force will continue to operate in southern Lebanon to implement Security Council Resolution 1701, which ended the Second Lebanon War in 2006.
According to the resolution, Hezbollah must not be allowed operate in southern Lebanon and the entire area of southern Lebanon must be free of any armed personnel and weapons other than those of the Government of Lebanon. (Read more)
4. With school year around corner, Netanyahu says 'study Bible' - Jerusalem Post
"Excellence and Zionism," with an emphasis on Bible study, is the root of an education "revolution" the government wants to bring about, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said at a cabinet meeting held on Tuesday, two days before the start of the new school year.
"Our objective is to carry out an education revolution," Netanyahu said. "This revolution will be based on two things: excellence and Zionism."
Excellence, he said, to enable every child to realize their potential; and Zionism, based on the study of the Bible and Jewish heritage, to understand why the Jews are in Israel.
"First of all, the study of the Bible," he said. "We must make a major effort - this is the basis for why we are here, why we have returned here, why we stay here." (Read here)
5. Israel lambastes UN Mideast envoy for 'distorting history' - Israel Hayom
The Prime Minister's Office on Monday lambasted the U.N.'s Middle East envoy after he leveled harsh criticism at the government's Judea and Samaria settlement construction policies.
Briefing the U.N. Security Council via video conference, Nikolay Mladenov urged Israel to end settlement construction and called for joint efforts to restore hope for the two-state solution.
He accused Israel of "ignoring" the recommendations by the Middle East Quartet, comprising the U.S., Russia, the EU and the U.N., seeking to ensure a return to meaningful negotiations. (Read more)
6. In first since reconciliation, Erdogan meets with Israeli diplomat - Times of Israel
Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Tuesday shook the hand of an Israeli diplomatic official for the first time since Jerusalem and Ankara agreed on a reconciliation deal in June. The meeting was the first of its kind in two years.
Erdogan met and shook hands with Shani Cooper, the diplomatic attache to the Israeli mission in Ankara, during a reception with diplomats to mark Turkey's Victory Day, a celebration of the nation's independence. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Supreme Court won't reinstate North Carolina voter ID law - CNN
The Supreme Court denied a request Wednesday from North Carolina to allow provisions of its controversial voting rights law to go back into effect. In a 4-4 split, justices left undisturbed a lower court opinion that struck down the law.
The Supreme Court's order means provisions of the law -- concerning a tightening in voter ID requirements, cutbacks on early voting and the preregistration of 16-year-olds -- will remain off the books for November's election. (Read more)
- Father, as we near the 2016 election, concerns grow over voter fraud, and this is a major reason. We pray that You will protect the election from spurious voting, and station your Angelic host at the polls. We've already seen hacks as reported yesterday, so we ask for Your mighty Power to prevail.
- "Why do you boast in evil, O might man? The goodness of God endures continually." (Psalm 52:1)
2. In Strange Confluence of Events, Muslims Will Celebrate Sacrifice of Ishmael on 9/11 This Year - BIN
In a very strange set of coincidences, this September 11th may see Muslim Americans celebrating their holiest sacrificial festival while the rest of the country mourns one of the most horrific days in United States history.
Like all Muslim holidays, the festival of Eid al-Adha, known as Eid, is determined by the Muslim calendar, which varies greatly from year to year. The calendar is set in Mecca and based on the sighting of the new moon. If the moon is sighted on September first, then Eid, the Feast of the Sacrifice, will fall on the anniversary of one of America's worst terror attacks. (Read more)
- Lord we pray Your protection over America and Western interests during these three days of the Muslim Eid-Al-Adha holiday.
- "You will not deliver him to the will of his enemies." (Psalm 41:2c)
3. George Soros' quiet overhaul of the U.S. justice system - Politico
While America's political kingmakers inject their millions into high-profile presidential and congressional contests, Democratic mega-donor George Soros has directed his wealth into an under-the-radar 2016 campaign to advance one of the progressive movement's core goals - reshaping the American justice system.
The billionaire financier has channeled more than $3 million into seven local district-attorney campaigns in six states over the past year - a sum that exceeds the total spent on the 2016 presidential campaign by all but a handful of rival super-donors. (Read more)
- Lord, let our nation's law enforcement not fall under this plan of George Soros. This man who turned his back on Your people so long ago must face judgment. We pray that his plan will not come to fruition.
- "Through You we will push down our enemies; through Your Name we will trample those who rise up against us." (Psalm 44:5)
4. Leaked Memo Reveals Soros Plan for Federally Controlled Police - Breitbart
A leaked document from George Soros's Open Society Foundations exposes the billionaire's level of involvement in attempting to build what his organization describes as a "national movement" to reform local police forces across the U.S. The reform largely consists of federal guidelines for local police forces. (Read more)
- Father, as Soros plows forward with his evil, and uses his money to influence our leaders, we pray that You will break that relationship so that he cannot operate any more.
- "Arise for our help, and redeem us for Your mercies' sake." (Psalm 44:26)
5. States, religious groups sue HHS over transgender treatment requirements - Fox News
Five states, joined by Christian health care providers, have filed a lawsuit challenging the Obama administration over new federal rules they say could force doctors to perform gender-transition procedures that violate their religious beliefs or medical judgment.
Texas, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Nebraska, and Kansas filed the suit at a Texas federal court last Tuesday, along with the Christian Medical and Dental Association and the Franciscan Alliance - a network of religious hospitals. (Read more)
- Father we pray that this lawsuit will prevail in the courts in spite of the missed bag of judges across the nation. Help them to see the truth, Lord, and guide them in wisdom.
- "Keep me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked." (Psalm 140:4)
6. ALBERT EDWARDS: The crutch holding up the US economy is about to be 'kicked away' - Business Insider
Albert Edwards doesn't think that the consumer can keep the US economy afloat for very long. The über-bearish strategist for Societe Generale said in a note Thursday that the US economy is perilously near "stall speed" and a recession is near.
Edwards argued that declining business investment and profits are presaging a recession, a point that he has made a number of times, and that the only thing supporting the economy is the consumer, which comprises about 70% of US GDP. This support that consumers are providing for the economy, according to Edwards, is "about to be kicked away."
"The only thing keeping the US out of recession is the US consumer," wrote Edwards. "It is difficult to say consumption is driving the economy forward rather it is like a wood worm-ridden crutch creaking under the strain of holding up a dead weight economy. This recovery the fourth longest in history is surely nearing its end." (Read more)
- Lord, we have been warned continually of an impending economic collapse in America. We once again pray for Your mercy over our nation, and Your people in it. You are our God and our refuge.
- "God is our refuge and strength, ad very present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1)
7. Landmark US commercial flight lands in Cuba - CNN
JetBlue Flight 387 has landed in Santa Clara, Cuba, from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, the first direct commercial flight between the U.S. and the island in more than a half-century. The Fort Lauderdale, Florida, to Santa Clara, Cuba, flight is the latest symbol of the thawing of relations between the former Cold War adversaries, who restored diplomatic ties in 2015.
Until now, Santa Clara was most famous for being the site of the tomb of Ernesto "Che" Guevara, the Argentine revolutionary who fought alongside Fidel Castro and was later killed with the help of the CIA while leading an insurrection in Bolivia. Soon up to a maximum of 110 daily flights operated by such carriers as JetBlue, American Airlines, Delta, Frontier, Southwest and Silver Airways are due to begin flying to the communist-run island, according to the US Department of Transportation. (Read more)
- Father, you alone know the implications of the thawing of relations between a Communist regime and America. We pray that You will use it to the benefit of the people and Your Kingdom. We bind up any negative outcome of this situation.
- "So shall My Word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void." (Isaiah 55:11a)
8. Exclusive: U.S., others agreed to 'secret' exemptions for Iran after nuclear deal - report - Reuters
The United States and its negotiating partners agreed "in secret" to allow Iran to evade some restrictions in last year's landmark nuclear agreement in order to meet the deadline for it to start getting relief from economic sanctions, according to a report reviewed by Reuters.
The report is to be published on Thursday by the Washington-based Institute for Science and International Security, said the think tank's president David Albright, a former U.N. weapons inspector and co-author of the report. It is based on information provided by several officials of governments involved in the negotiations, who Albright declined to identify. (Read more)
- Lord, the secret deals that were involved in this agreement with Iran are abhorrent. Regardless of the deal made by nefarious men, we ask that You stand between America and the evils of Iran. We ask for a move of Your Spirit there to change the heart of leaders both in Iran and America.
- "The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes." (Proverbs 21:1)
9. Clinton sent classified material over email after leaving State Department - Fox News
The file in question is a May 2013 email Clinton sent from her private account to State Department officials and aides discussing the "123 deal" with the United Arab Emirates. Much of the message is redacted due to classified information. The markings list the material as "confidential" and say it can only be declassified in 2033. The email was first reported by The New York Post.
Though the nature of the email exchange is unclear due to the redactions, the "123 deal" referred to a 2009 agreement with the UAE to share material and technology for nuclear energy. As reported by the Post, the email came from Clinton's email@example.com account, and was sent to Deputy Secretary of State William Burns, State Department chief of staff Cheryl Mills, top Clinton aide Huma Abedin and others. It was sent months after Clinton left the department. (Read more)
- Father, it seems that we hear more and more daily of the carelessness or intentional laziness of Hillary Clinton with regard to her handling of classified information. We pray that You will not just bring these things to light, but that You will move on the American people to understand the implications and find the wisdom to deal with this potentially criminal activity. In Your name, amen.
- "Do not be afraid of sudden terror, nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes, for the Lord will be your confidence." (Proverbs 3:25,26a)
10. SpaceX rocket blows up on pad during test - Fox News
An explosion rocked the SpaceX launch site in Florida. SpaceX was conducting a test firing of its unmanned rocket when the blast occurred shortly after 9 a.m., according to NASA. The test was in advance of a planned Saturday launch from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, which is next to NASA's Kennedy Space Center.
Buildings several miles away shook from the blast, and multiple explosions continued for several minutes. Dark smoke filled the overcast sky. A half-hour later, a black cloud hung low across the eastern horizon.
The rocket was supposed to hoist an Israeli satellite this weekend. It was unclear whether or not the satellite was on the rocket at the time of the explosion. (Read more)
- Father, the SpaceX vehicle was to carry an Israeli satellite. We do not know if the "anomaly" that was on the launching pad was something normal or not. We pray that any nefarious deed would be exposed, and we thank You that no one was hurt in this incident, amen.
- "Therefore do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known." (Matthew 10:26)
The Daily Jot
Thursday, September 1, 2016
Your tax money used to enrich Clintons
There is apparently no end to the dishonesty of Bill and Hillary Clinton. The email hacks have pulled back the curtain on the Clinton's longstanding dirty deals, exposing what many have known for a long time, but what others refuse to believe. Those who won't suspend their disbelief and look at the truth, believe that the news media and a right-wing conspiracy have fabricated stories about the Clinton corruption, despite the well-documented facts. And they just keep coming in like a flood of deceit. Politico now reports that the Clintons used tax dollars to subsidize the Clinton Foundation, an associated business, and to support Hillary Clinton's controversial email server-in short, you and I paid in part for Clinton corruption.
Politico's investigation found: "Bill Clinton's staff used a decades-old federal government program, originally created to keep former presidents out of the poorhouse, to subsidize his family's foundation and an associated business, and to support his wife's private email server. Taxpayer cash was used to buy IT equipment--including servers--housed at the Clinton Foundation, and also to supplement the pay and benefits of several aides now at the center of the email and cash-for-access scandals dogging Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign...The thousands of pages of newly uncovered records reveal sometimes granular detail about how Bill Clinton's representatives directed the spending of taxpayer cash allocated by the GSA under the Former President's Act."
Politico found that: Bill Clinton received more money from the Former President's Act than any other living president. After Hillary Clinton claimed to have left the White House "dead broke," the Clintons parleyed their contacts and taxpayer money to accumulate wealth of over $2 billion from their foundation and other businesses. Tax money from the Former President's Act was used to subsidize salaries of Hillary Clinton's aides. But wait, there's more. The Chairman of the House Select Committee on Benghazi Trey Gowdy confirmed that Hillary Clinton's lawyers used Bleachbit, a computer software that prevents recovery of files, to delete emails from her personal server. We may have paid for part of that, too.
Notwithstanding, the State Department reports that there are at least another 30 Benghazi documents previously withheld by Clinton. These are the revelations on Clinton that have occurred in just the last two weeks. There are countless other scandals and even deaths associated with the Clintons over the past 30 years. That any sane person can consider this woman and her husband are fit to hold an elected office is beyond reason. Proverbs 29:2 says, "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked bear rule, the people mourn." Proverbs 20:17 says, "Bread of deceit is sweet to a man; but afterwards his mouth shall be filled with gravel." Let's not be chewing on gravel come November 9.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Persecution in Russia
Christian Leader Arrested in Russia as Law Banning Evangelism Outside of Churches Goes Into Effect
The first reports of Christian leaders being arrested in Russia following the passing of new anti-terrorism laws that ban evangelism outside of churches have started coming in.
The Moscow Times reports that Sergei Zhuravlyov, a representative of the Ukrainian Reformed Orthodox Church of Christ the Savior, was arrested earlier this month while he was preaching before the St. Petersburg Messianic Jewish community, and was charged with violating a provision of the law that bans illegal missionary activity.
Law enforcement officials later told Interfax news agency that Zhuravlyov is being accused of "fomenting negative attitudes toward the Russian Orthodox Church," and of having ties to the Ukrainian nationalist political party called Right Sector, which is banned in Russia. (Christian Post) Read more here.
- Father, we who saw what Russia was before understood that this was bound to happen once again. We pray Your Strength for the people of Your Kingdom. Let faith arise in Your people, and Your Holy Spirit arise within Russia.
- "And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved." (Acts 2:47)
Hurricane Heads to Florida
Thousands brace for Hermine's landfall, forecasters warn it could reach hurricane strength
People from the Florida Panhandle down to the Tampa area braced Thursday for Tropical Storm Hermine, which forecasters warned could strengthen into a hurricane as it lashes the area with strong winds and potentially dangerous storm surge.
Hermine was set to make landfall late Thursday or early Friday, forecasters said. A hurricane warning was in effect for Florida's Big Bend from the Suwannee River to Mexico Beach. And on the East Coast, a tropical storm warning was issued for an area that extended from Marineland, Florida, northward to the South Santee River in South Carolina.
Hermine marked part of a one-two punch of severe storms hitting the U.S. as Tropical Storm Madeline pummeled shorelines of Hawaii's Big Island. The storm was downgraded from hurricane strength on Wednesday but still packed winds reaching 50 mph on Thursday as it passed by the island. (Read more)
- Father, we continue to lift up all those who are now in the path of this looming storm as it approaches the western coast of Florida. Abba, we also understand that this same storm system is now forecast to continue to churn all up the Atlantic Coast, going as far north as New York and Boston. Thank You, Abba, that You are our shelter in the storm, amen.
- "You are a refuge from the storm . . ." (Isaiah 25:4)
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
Islamic State-inspired attack leaves local Priest injured
and hundreds of Churches frightened
A teenage Islamic State terror group supporter attacked a Roman Catholic priest with an axe at a church in Medan, the capital of North Sumatra in Indonesia, but failed to set off explosives that could have killed hundreds of worshipers during Sunday mass.
"A terrorism act was carried out Sunday morning at the Saint Joseph Catholic Church," said Rina Sari Ginting, spokeswoman for Medan police in a statement. "Police are interrogating the perpetrator... and will search his house for any bomb-making materials."
MailOnline reported that the 18-year-old IS attacker was carrying a backpack bomb when he attacked 60-year-old priest Albert Pandiangan inside St Yoseph Church in Medan. The explosives failed to go off, however, which prompted the attacker to pull out an axe from the bag, and slash the priest's arm.
National police spokesman Major General Boy Rafli Amar told Reuters that the IS supporter was apprehended by churchgoers before he could cause serious harm. Both the attacker and the priest sustained minor injuries in the incident. (Read more)
"Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith." (Hebrews 10:21-22)
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.
This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long;
this is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long.
Perfect submission, perfect delight,
visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
angels descending bring from above
echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
Perfect submission, all is at rest;
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
watching and waiting, looking above,
filled with his goodness, lost in his love.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Fanny J. Crosby
Music: Phoebe P. Knapp
Signs and Wonders
'Like it's been nuked':
Millions of bees dead after South Carolina sprays for Zika mosquitoes
A single bee farm lost 46 hives after an airplane sprayed the mosquito pesticide Naled.
On Sunday morning, the South Carolina honey bees began to die in massive numbers.
Death came suddenly to Dorchester County, S.C. Stressed insects tried to flee their nests, only to surrender in little clumps at hive entrances. The dead worker bees littering the farms suggested that colony collapse disorder was not the culprit - in that odd phenomenon, workers vanish as though raptured, leaving a living queen and young bees behind.
Instead, the dead heaps signaled the killer was less mysterious, but no less devastating. The pattern matched acute pesticide poisoning. By one estimate, at a single apiary - Flowertown Bee Farm and Supply, in Summerville - 46 hives died on the spot, totaling about 2.5 million bees. (The Washington Post) Read more
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
World Series Veteran Shares His Faith in Jesus with Fans
"I know that Jesus loves me as much in this moment," Murphy said as he held up the news story with the negative headline, "as He does in this moment . . ."
Professional baseball player Daniel Murphy recently shared his Christian testimony with fans after a baseball game on August 27. The Christian Examiner reports that Murphy, who now plays for the Washington Nationals, participated in the Nationals' recent Faith and Family Night at the ballpark. Murphy, along with teammates Blake Treinen and Anthony Rendon, spoke about their faith in Christ.
Murphy told fans that he has had highs and lows in his career, but it reminds him that Jesus does not value people based on their performance. (Christian Headlines) Read more.
Chris Tomlin - "I Lift My Hands"
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
"So the nations will fear the name of the Lord And all the kings of the earth Your glory." (Psalm 102:15)
God is using His people to build a Canopy of Prayer across our nation, to stand in the gap before His Throne of Grace in repentance for our personal and national sins; and to pray against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
We meet at 7:00 p.m. EDT, Monday through Friday, in an "open forum." We have no set agenda, but to seek Him daily for the burdens of His heart, and to pray them through . . .
All are welcome to join us in this exciting new venture!
We meet every evening, Monday through Friday
Time: 7:00 p.m. EDT/6:00 p.m.CDT/5:00 p.m.MDT/4:00 p.m. PDT
Conference number: 605-562-3140
Access Code: 290787#
You can learn more about the history of Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, as well as how Abba has now birthed our Prayer Canopy, by going here.