CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Wednesday, September 28, 2016
PrayerSurgeNow is sponsoring calls for
the election, and much more. Go here
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of all the kingdoms under heaven will be handed over to the holy people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him.' (Daniel 7:27)
You're invited! . . . to attend the National Prayer Assembly in Washington, D.C., sponsored by John Robb and a host of national prayer leaders. The dates are October 27 and 28. For details and registration information, please go here.
"I will instruct you in the power of God; What is with the Almighty I will not conceal." (Job 27:11)
The Middle East in Focus
1. World leaders mourn loss of Shimon Peres - Ynet News
Dozens of statements of condolences were issued Wednesday following the death of Israel's ninth President and former Prime Minister Shimon Peres, who passed away overnight Tuesday after a two-battle having suffered a stroke.
US President Barack Obama released a statement in which he praised Peres for his visions of peace, decribed him as the very essene of Israel and referred to him as a friend. (Read more)
2. Netanyahu mourns loss of Peres as Israel bids farewell to a founding father - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his wife expressed their condolences early Wednesday morning at the passing of Israel's ninth president and internationally cherished diplomat emeritus Shimon Peres.
Few are the people in Israel's history who have done as much for the state and the Jewish people as Shimon Peres, Netanyahu said in a statement released just before a special cabinet meeting he is convening to honor the former president.
"Like all the citizens of Israel, the whole Jewish people, and many in the world, I bow my head in memory of our beloved Shimon Peres," he said in a statement. (Read more)
3. 'Trump won't jettison Judea and Samaria,' advisor says - Jerusalem Post
Donald Trump would fight "eternally" to keep Jews in Judea and Samaria if he makes it to the White House, according to one of the Republican contender's top advisors.
"The Republican platform on Israel is the strongest that either party has ever developed in the history of this country," Trump's aid on Israeli affairs David Friedman.
During a closed door meeting with Israelis two weeks ago, Friedman spoke of the unprecedented support that Trump intends to provide to the Jewish state should he be elected president of the United States in November. Evidence of that support, he said, can be seen in the significant changes made to the Republican party's platform this year. (Read more)
4. Beloved abroad, polarizing at home, Peres was the peace-making face of Israel - Times of Israel
Shimon Peres, one of Israel's most eminent politicians and the last of the state's founding generation to wield power, died early Wednesday in Tel Aviv two weeks after suffering a stroke. He was 93.
When he ended his presidency in 2014, Peres was the world's oldest head of state, and the only person to have served as both Israel's prime minister and its president.
Although his long and illustrious career was full of internal rivalries and professional disappointments - including a leadership ploy that entered the history books as "the stinking maneuver" - in his later decades Peres became known as Israel's elder statesman, admired by leaders across the globe and more widely respected at home than at any point in his turbulent political career. (Read more)
- Father God, we pray for the family of former Prime Minister Shimon Peres as well as the nation of Israel, and ask that You comfort them in their loss. May their hearts be united in love and may Your Name be glorified. In the name of Yeshua we pray, amen.
5. Tel Aviv aims to become beta site for smart city tech - Times of Israel
Tel Aviv plans to earmark one of its neighborhoods as a beta site to test out new technologies with the goal of developing smarter cities, a municipality official said in an interview.
"I believe this will happen in 2017," Eytan Schwartz, who heads the Tel Aviv Global and Tourism company at the municipality of Tel Aviv-Jaffa, said in an interview. "We are in the very initial stages of planning the project. Ideally we'd allow startups to test these technologies here in Tel Aviv and perhaps also adapt them for the use of the people of the city of Tel Aviv eventually." (Read more)
6. Israel consortium signs 'historic' 15-year, $10b gas deal with Jordan - Times of Israel
An Israeli gas consortium on Monday signed what Israel called a "historic" $10 billion deal with the Jordan Electric Power Company to supply the Hashemite Kingdom with natural gas for 15 years.
The agreement will provide Jordan with a total of approximately 45 billion cubic meters of gas from the Leviathan offshore gas field, turning Israel into its largest gas supplier. (Read more)
7. Abbas urged not to dismiss Netanyahu's invitation - Israel National News
Saudi Arabian-based media has appealed to Palestinian Authority (PA) chairman Mahmoud Abbas not to dismiss the invitation extended by Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu for him to address the Knesset.
Netanyahu's appeal to Abbas, one of several he has made to the PA chairman, came at his speech at the UN General Assembly last week.
An editorial published on September 25 by the Saudi English-language daily Saudi Gazette and quoted by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) said that Netanyahu's invitation was reminiscent of the one extended by then-prime minister Menachem Begin to Egyptian president Anwar Sadat to visit Israel. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Obama, world leaders to attend Peres's funeral in Jerusalem - Times of Israel
Israeli authorities were gearing up for the funeral of its ninth president, Shimon Peres, who died early Wednesday morning at the age of 93.
US President Barack Obama would attend the Friday event, the Foreign Ministry said, along with Secretary of State John Kerry. Presidential nominee Hillary Clinton will also take a break from campaigning to attend the funeral with her husband, former president Bill Clinton.
In addition, the UK's Prince Charles, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, French President Francois Hollande, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and President of Mexico Enrique Peña Nieto confirmed their attendance. (Read more)
- Father, as these world leaders meet together this week in Jerusalem, we thank You that You will cause each one to stand upon holy ground. As each one honors the life and the legacy of former Prime Minister Shimon Peres, may their hearts be turned also to eternity, and that which will await each one in his or her own time. Father, we ask that You comfort the hearts of those who grieve, and soften the hearts of those who need to meet You as their own Savior, Lord and Messiah. May the Ruach Ha Kodesh, the very Breath of God, breathe upon this gathering, we ask in Your name, amen.
- "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." (Matthew 5:4)
2. Congress Rejects Obama Veto Of 9/11 Bill, In First Override Of Presidency - Fox News
Congress on Wednesday overwhelmingly rejected President Obama's veto of a bipartisan bill letting families of Sept. 11 victims sue the Saudi Arabian government, in the first successful veto override of Obama's presidency.
Marking a significant defeat for the White House, the House ensured the bill will become law after voting 348-77 to override Wednesday afternoon. This followed a 97-1 vote hours earlier in the Senate.
With elections just over a month away, many lawmakers were reluctant to oppose a measure backed by 9/11 families who say they are still seeking justice 15 years after the attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people. A group of senators pledged to find ways to improve the measure during a post-election, lame-duck session of Congress.
With the override, the bill will now become law. During his nearly two full terms in office, Obama had never had a veto overridden by Congress. (Read more)
- Father, we say HALLELUJAH to this good news today! We praise You, O Holy One, that the law of the land -- the United States Constitution -- has been followed, and that the hand of tyranny coming from the Executive Branch has now been brought under control. Thank You, Lord, in Your name, amen!
- "The LORD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; This is my God, and I will praise Him; My father's God, and I will extol Him." (Exodus 15:2)
3. Comey: Cheryl Mills' Laptop Contained 'Some' Classified Information - Fox News
FBI Director James Comey testified Wednesday that former Hillary Clinton chief of staff Cheryl Mills and another top aide had "some" classified material on laptops they turned over to the bureau in its probe of Clinton's private server use as secretary of state -- yet the aides still received immunity.
Comey made the acknowledgment while testifying before the House Judiciary Committee, where Republicans had tough questions about a newly revealed set of immunity deals in the Clinton case. The director claimed the findings did not constitute a crime but declined to directly answer a question on whether having classified material on a laptop or other private electronic device was against federal regulations.
"You'd have to know the circumstances," Comey told committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va. (Read more)
- Father, we continue to ask that all hidden things be revealed in the matter of Secretary Clinton's laptops and emails. May justice rule, in Your name, amen!
- "He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings utter darkness into the light." (Job 12:22)
4. After New York Attack, Congress Wants TSA to Secure Amtrak, Buses - Bloomberg
The U.S. Transportation Security Administration is one of those federal agencies that tends to inspire intense reactions among the traveling public. It's a bureaucracy that interacts with millions of passengers each day, requiring their shoes, jackets, laptops-and time. (Read more)
- Father, while this may be an impossible undertaking for TSA to secure train stations and buses, we pray that a plan would come forth to secure these modes of transportation which have been attacked.
- "Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed."
5. U.N. Demands U.S. Pay Reparations To African-Americans - Daily Caller
A new report released by the United Nations concludes the United States owes reparations to African-Americans for slavery and recent police-involved shooting deaths. The report was produced by the United Nations' Working Group of Experts on African Descent and strongly condemned America's "racist" history. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for a peaceful solution for our country on this issue. We pray for unity, clarity of thinking, and understanding for our response to this U.N. conclusion. We come against the plans of the globalists to destroy the sovereignty of our nation, in Your name, amen.
- "Do we not all have one father? Has not one God created us? Why do we deal treacherously each against his brother so as to profane the covenant of our fathers?" (Malachi 2:10)
6. Autocratic Un Agency Head Broke Rules With Sensitive Cybersecurity Contract Award, Report Shows - Fox News
EXCLUSIVE: "The head of a low profile but important United Nations agency based in Geneva bent the organization's rules and steered an ultrasensitive cybersecurity contract to a company headed by a business acquaintance, according to a heavily redacted UN report obtained by Fox News.
The report says that the autocratic Francis Gurry, controversial head of the U.N.'s World Intellectual Property Organization, or WIPO, defended his actions to rewrite normal procurement procedures by pointing out that WIPO "manages the world's leading public databases of patent disclosures, brands, and designs, as well as a variety of IT [information technology] platforms linking the Intellectual Property Offices of the world."
The U.S. and a number of other countries that are part of WIPO's 189-nation membership have been waging a behind-the-scenes struggle for months to get even a glimpse of the redacted, 51-page report by the U.N.'s watchdog Office of Internal Oversight Services, which was finally distributed to WIPO member states this week, but is still marked "Strictly Confidential."
. . . The document, the result of an 11-month probe, was written last March, and examines alleged Gurry wrongdoings dating back to 2008. It will likely be discussed at a meeting of WIPO's 189-member General Assembly meeting next week. (Read more)
- Father, when the General Assembly meets on this matter next week, we ask that all facts related to this case come to light, and for Mr. Gurry be held accountable for his wrongdoings. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap." (Gal.6:7)
7. Michael Fallon: UK will oppose plans for EU army - BBC
The UK will oppose any attempts to create an EU army because it could "undermine" the role of Nato, Defence Secretary Sir Michael Fallon has said. Nato "must remain the cornerstone of our defence and the defence of Europe", he said, ahead of informal talks with EU defence ministers in Bratislava. Sir Michael said the UK was not alone in opposing a common EU defence policy. (Read more)
- Father, thank You for this response from Michael Fallon regarding opposing plans for an EU army which would affect the sovereignty of individual nation states."
- "He makes nations great, and he destroys them; he enlarges nations, and leads them away." (Job 12:23)
8. NATO is reviewing 'nuclear playbook' to deter 'terrible attacks' by Russia - Pentagon chief - rt.com
Addressing US servicemen, missile units and B-52 crews at Minot Base, Defense Secretary Ash Carter stated that the US and its allies had not built any new nuclear weapons or delivery systems in the last 25 years - and said that American nuclear forces must be ready to engage in a possible nuclear confrontation with Russia. (Read more)
- Father, we pray that our leaders would see the need to be up to date in all security procedurs of our own weapons so that America be protected from those who are actively increasing their own arsenal of weapons. In Your name, amen.
- "Then I proclaimed a fast there at the river of Ahava, that we might humble ourselves before our God to seek from Him a safe journey for us, our little ones, and all our possessions." (Ezra 8:21)
9. Ahead of MH17 report, Russia says if plane shot down, Ukraine pulled trigger - CNN
Just days before the release of a report into the investigation into the fate of Malaysian Airlines Flight 17, Russia's defense ministry released radar data which, it alleges, shows that if the plane was shot down, it was done so by Ukrainian forces.
At a news conference Monday, the head of Russian air and Space forces, Andrei Koban, said that analysis of the data refuted the widely-accepted conclusion that the aircraft was shot down by a BUK missile from within territory held by Russian-backed rebels.
"The fact that Ukrainian authorities have still not published the information they have, we can concluded that if it was a BUK that was launched at the (Malaysian Airlines flight), this must have been launched from a location with the Ukrainian forces," Koban said. Ukrainian officials have not responded to the allegation. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for a peaceful solution for our country on this issue. We pray for unity, clarity of thinking, and understanding for our response to this U.N. conclusion. We come against all plans of the globalists to bring destruction to our national sovereignty, and we do this in Your Mighty Name, amen.
- "Do we not all have one father? Has not one God created us? Why do we deal treacherously each against his brother so as to profane the covenant of our fathers?" (Malachi 2:10)
10. Swarm Of Small Quakes Shake Salton Sea Area - CBSLocal/Los Angeles
Numerous aftershocks are expected over the next few days after a swarm of small earthquakes struck the Salton Sea area in Imperial County Monday, the U.S. Geological Survey reported. The quakes ranged from magnitude 1.4 to the 4.3-magnitude quake during the swarm that began at 4:03 a.m., according to a Southern California Seismic Network report written by Jennifer Andrews of the Caltech Seismological Laboratory. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for this area that is experiencing aftershocks. We speak "Peace, Be Still" to these aftershocks. In Your name, amen.
- He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. (Mark 4:39)
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
The truth behind police and lethal force
A comprehensive and exhausting Harvard study of police data indicates that the narrative of police targeting black civilians with lethal force is patently false while Police using non-lethal force on black suspects, however, is significantly higher than that used against white suspects. The most extensive study to date on police data regarding racial differences is contained in AN EMPIRICAL ANALYSIS OF RACIAL DIFFERENCES IN POLICE USE OF FORCE by National Bureau of Economic Research's Roland G. Fryer, Jr., Harvard professor of economics, July 2016. The study found that Blacks are 23.8% less likely to be shot at by police relative to whites. The rest of the study is equally revealing.
Some highlights of the Harvard study are: Black civilians are 30.9% less likely to be shot with a pistol (rather than a taser) relative to non-black suspects. Officers are 47.4% less likely to discharge their firearms before being attacked if the suspect is black; Blacks are 53% more likely to experience any use of non-lethal force; Blacks are 21.3% more likely to endure some form of force; Blacks are 19.4% more likely to be involved in an interaction with police in which at least a weapon is drawn than whites; Officers decisions to use lethal force are not correlated with the race of the suspect. There are no differences in the use of lethal force for black suspects compared with white. There is no evidence of racial differences of the officers who use lethal force.
Fryer Studied 1,332 shootings between 2000-2015 using detailed data from police reports in Houston; Austin, Tex.; Dallas; Los Angeles; Orlando, Fla.; Jacksonville, Fla.; and four other counties in Florida; 3.5 million arrests from New York City stop and frisk records 2003-2013; and 500,000 observations from 1996-2011 in the Police-Public Contact Survey by the Bureau of Justice. Fryer, an African American, concludes: "It is plausible that racial differences in lower level uses of force are simply a distraction and movements such as Black Lives Matter should seek solutions within their own communities rather than changing the behaviors of police and other external forces."
Fryer said, "Much more troubling, due to their frequency and potential impact on minority belief formation, is the possibility that racial differences in police use of non-lethal force have spillovers on myriad dimensions of racial inequality." This means that Blacks live in a form of soft tyranny that doesn't allow them to feel as free and equal to others. As I have written before, it is a vicious cycle. Notwithstanding, the study demonstrates that lethal force is not racially motivated, but harassment may well be. It is in this where there is frustration and the perception to reality of being treated unfairly. What is our response as Christians? Jesus Christ said in Matthew 7:12, "Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets." It's the Golden Rule and we should employ it in all our relations-Black, White and Blue!
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton met last night at Hofstra University for their first one-on-one debate of the 2016 presidential campaign. There were pluses and minuses throughout the exchange. Here's my take:
- Donald Trump accomplished what he had to last night. He stood on the debate stage for 90 minutes with a career politician. Hillary Clinton is a lawyer. She has participated in dozens of debates as a Senate candidate and as a two-time presidential contender. She is one of the most prominent political figures of our age, and Donald Trump held his own. He showed that while his arena is the business world, he can handle the serious issues confronting our country.
- Trump reiterated that America is on the edge of an abyss and that Hillary Clinton is part of the problem. Because of the failed policies of career politicians like Clinton, America is $20 trillion in debt, our manufacturing base has been gutted, race relations are deteriorating, crime is rising and after eight years of Obama/Clinton foreign policies the world is a far more dangerous place.
- And while Hillary Clinton is campaigning on her experience, Trump repeatedly asked her, "Where have you been for the past 30 years?" She has virtually no accomplishments. Even her supporters struggle to name them.
- Trump hammered the point that if voters want change -- REAL CHANGE -- you don't put someone who is a fixture of the political establishment in charge. You do what major corporations do when they need to shake things up -- you bring in someone from the outside. In this election, Donald Trump is the agent of change who will make America great again. (Gary Bauer; 9/27/16))
More on that Debate
Trump-Clinton Debate Put on Holt
Last night was supposed to belong to Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. But the biggest story of the first debate wasn't the candidates answering the questions -- it was the person asking them. In one of the most talked-about plots of the first head-to-head, moderator Lester Holt seemed intent on making the debate a three-person affair -- injecting himself with almost as many challenges to Trump as the person officially opposing him.
Meanwhile, the former Secretary of State, who's probably spent as much time under investigation by Congress as she did as a Member of it, skated by virtually unscathed by Holt's one-sided fact-checking. While he fiercely pressed Trump on his tax returns and concerns over President Obama's birthplace, he couldn't spare a single question on the corruption of the Clinton Foundation, her role in Benghazi, or the intentional deletion of tens of thousands of sensitive emails, or her outrageous "basket of deplorables" comment. Social media lit up with criticism for the NBC anchor, who many accused of shilling for the Clintons.
Holt's bias is difficult to argue when you consider that he interrupted Trump 41 times demanding clarification -- six times the amount he interrupted Clinton (seven). He "emerged as bruised and partisan," The Hill argued. "Holt entered the evening largely respected as non-partisan. He [exits] as the toast of left-leaning media..." Part of the problem was Holt's lack of focus. At a time when America is dealing with terror attacks on our own soil, a military in complete disarray, and a culture melting down before our very eyes, voters deserved to hear about more important things than Trump's tax returns. (Family Research Council)
> > > Read more here.
Exciting News from Israel!
Sanhedrin Revives 2,000-Year-Old Blessing for Counting of Jubilee Year
"And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a Jubilee unto you." (Leviticus 25:10)
Amidst the shofar blasts, this Rosh Hashana will include a mitzvah (Biblical commandment) that hasn't been performed by the Jews in almost 2,000 years: counting the Jubilee. It is a simple mitzvah, reciting just a few lines, but performing this mitzvah is a declaration that the prophesied return of the Jews to Israel has been fulfilled, thereby establishing a basis for the rebuilding of the Jewish Temple.
Unbeknownst to all but a few witnesses, as Rosh Hashana ended eleven months ago, the nascent Sanhedrin concluded months of deliberation by ruling that certain conditions had been met requiring the Nation of Israel to begin counting the Jubilee cycle. Rabbi Avraham Dov Ben Shor recited the blessing and the 49-year cycle began again.
When Rosh Hashana - the Jewish New Year - ends next Tuesday evening, it will be time for Jews to count the second year of the Jubilee cycle. (Read more)
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
House Churches in China undergo heightened oppression
Christians In China Forbidden From Singing Hymns And Praying
Another church in China has been issued with a legal notice to quit Christian activities in the latest of a spate of actions against house churches.
The house church in Sichuan province has been ordered to stop meeting under rules that govern religious gatherings. The church has been subjected to a clamp down because its pastors are not government-appointed and it is not an officially-licensed church. (Christian Today) Read more
IN THE SWEET BY AND BY
"In My Father's house there are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you." (John 14:2)
There's a land that is fairer than day,
And by faith we can see it afar;
For the Father waits over the way
To prepare us a dwelling place there.
In the sweet by and by,
We shall meet on that beautiful shore;
In the sweet by and by,
We shall meet on that beautiful shore.
We shall sing on that beautiful shore
The melodious songs of the blessed;
And our spirits shall sorrow no more,
Not a sigh for the blessing of rest.
To our bountiful Father above,
We will offer our tribute of praise
For the glorious gift of His love
And the blessings that hallow our days.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Sanford F. Bennett, 1868
Music: Joseph P. Webster
This song was sung in the Academy Award winning movie Sergeant York (1941).
About the hymn:
Mr. Webster, like many musicians, was of an exceedingly nervous and sensitive nature, and subject to periods of depression, in which he looked upon the dark side of all things in life. I had learned his peculiarities so well that on meeting him I could tell at a glance if he was melancholy, and had found that I could rouse him up by giving him a new song to work on.
He came into my place of business [in Elkhorn, Wisconsin], walked down to the stove, and turned his back on me without speaking. I was at my desk. Turning to him, I said, "Webster, what is the matter now?" "It's no matter," he replied, "it will be all right by and by." The idea of the hymn came me like a flash of sunlight, and I replied, "The Sweet By and By! Why would not that make a good hymn?" "Maybe it would," he said indifferently. Turning to my desk I penned the words of the hymn as fast as I could write. I handed the words to Webster. As he read his eyes kindled, and stepping to the desk he began writing the notes. Taking his violin, he played the melody and then jotted down the notes of the chorus. It was not over thirty minutes from the time I took my pen to write the words before two friends with Webster and myself were singing the hymn.
Sanford Fillmore Bennett (1836-1898)
Signs and Wonders
Massive typhoon Megi envelops all of Taiwan, will hit Chinese mainland next
Typhoon Megi, an unusually large storm, is about to wrap the entirety of Taiwan within its swirling winds, high waves and flooding rains.
The storm, which was packing maximum sustained winds of 115 miles per hour as of Monday evening eastern time, was poised to make landfall along Taiwan's east-central coast on mid-to-late afternoon Tuesday, local time. This makes it a Category 3-equivalent storm.
The storm is the fifth to make landfall in Taiwan (or come close enough to affect the island) so far this year.
The biggest risk from the storm may be heavy rainfall, since Taiwan's mountainous terrain is notorious for wringing out many feet of rainfall from landfalling storms.
Social media posts from Taiwan on Tuesday morning show the winds already intensifying, high waves pounding the coastline, and heavy rain beginning to fall.
The storm is not likely to let up in Taiwan until sometime on Wednesday, due to its unusually expansive size. The storm is larger than typical western Pacific typhoons, which means it will spread its wrath over a wider area, and that its winds are pushing more water - both in the ocean and in the air - toward landfall.
Satellite imagery and radar scans show the storm intensifying shortly before landfall, raising the possibility it could hit land as a Category 4 super typhoon. (Read more here)
- Father, we ask for safety for all the people of Taiwan, who even now are encountering the wrath of this mega storm. In Your name, amen.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Monumental Forgotten Gardens of Petra Rediscovered After 2,000 Years
Recent excavations at Petra have revealed a startlingly advanced irrigation system and water storage system that enabled the desert city's people to survive - and to maintain a magnificent garden featuring fountains, ponds and a huge swimming pool. The engineering feats and other luxuries attest to the ancient Nabatean capital's former splendor and wealth some 2,000 years ago. (Haaretz) Read more here.
Ryan Stevenson - "Eye of the Storm"
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.
You can review our "Election 2016 Special Edition" by going here, published on Sept. 24, 2016.
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
"So the nations will fear the name of the Lord
And all the kings of the earth Your glory." (Psalm 102:15)
God is using His people to build a Canopy of Prayer across our nation, to stand in the gap before His Throne of Grace in repentance for our personal and national sins; and to pray against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
We meet at 7:00 p.m. EDT, Monday through Friday, in an "open forum." We have no set agenda, but to seek Him daily for the burdens of His heart, and to pray them through . . .
All are welcome to join us in this exciting new venture!
We meet every evening, Monday through Friday.
Time: 7:00 p.m. EDT/6:00 p.m.CDT/5:00 p.m.MDT/4:00 p.m. PDT
Conference number: 605-562-3140
Access Code: 290787#