Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, Sept. 6th, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down
our enemies." (Psalm 108:13)
On 9/11/16: CRY OUT AMERICA!
On 9/11/16: CRY OUT AMERICA!
Cry Out America is an annual day of prayer initiated after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Our goal is to join every state, every county, every church, and every heart together in earnest prayer for America. On September 11th, believers from across the nation gather at state capitols, county courthouses, churches, and community centers to pray for a spiritual awakening.
Awaken our nation
"Then he returned to the disciples and found them asleep. He said to Peter, "Couldn't you watch with me even one hour?" (Matthew 26:40)
> > > NATIONAL PRAYER ACCORD < < <
We strongly urge all churches and followers of Jesus in America to unite in seeking the face of God through prayer and fasting, persistently asking our Father to send revival to the Church and spiritual awakening to our nation so that Christ's Great Commission might be fulfilled worldwide in our generation.
This voluntary agreement in prayer seems "good to the Holy Spirit and to us" (Acts 15:28) in light of the promise of Jesus in Matthew 18:19 and the unity for which Jesus prayed in John 17. This prayer accord presupposes a spirit of freedom to adjust its component parts as local Christians see need. Though many are seeking God more often than this prayer accord outlines, calling millions of others around focused times of prayer is an urgent need.
A Message from Kay Horner,
National COA Coordinator, Executive Director
"If you have not yet taken the opportunity to register as a participating ministry with CRY OUT AMERICA, we would love for you to take a few moments and click here, then select your state and county.
We would love for everyone to acknowledge their engagement in prayer with thousands of other ministries throughout the nation. This makes a huge statement about our desire for unified, prevailing prayer."
> > > To learn more about the ministry of CRY OUT AMERICA, please go here.
The Middle East in Focus
1. Netanyahu Decision to Halt Train Construction on Sabbath Causes Crisis - Breaking Israel News
After Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ordered Sabbath construction work halted on Israel's railroad lines, Israeli parliament descended into crisis, with political leaders accusing each other of flip-flopping, neglecting the public's needs, and kowtowing to religious factions. Hundreds of thousands of commuters were affected as well as the stoppages led to major traffic jams on Sunday.
The issue of halting work on the Sabbath has been a contentious one. Work permits were issued for twenty Israel Railways projects this weekend. However, after pressure from Ultra-Orthodox political parties who demanded the cessation of all work on the grounds of Sabbath desecration, Netanyahu agreed to a compromise, ordering work on 17 of the 20 projects stopped over the Jewish holy day. (Read more)
2. Knesset to convene emergency session over railway crisis - Israel Hayom
The opposition on Saturday presented Knesset Speaker Yuli Edelstein with a motion to call an emergency recess session over the ongoing railway construction crisis. The motion, presented by the Meretz party, was signed by 25 opposition MKs, meaning Edelstein will have to call parliament into session.
Meretz faction head MK Ilan Gilon said, "The white flag waved by Netanyahu in the face of the haredi factions' extortion, while disrupting train service and hurting the commuting public, is a scandal the Knesset must address." (Read more)
3. Israel targets Syrian army after errant fire hits Golan- Fox News
JERUSALEM - The Israeli military says it has fired at Syrian army cannons in the Syrian Golan Heights in response to mortar fire from Syria that hit the Israeli-held Golan Heights.
The army says that the mortars appeared to be errant fire from Syria's civil war, and were not deliberately targeting Israeli-held territory.
No injuries were reported Sunday. (Read more)
4. Israeli Government Has Stake in, Capability of Creating 'Blue and White' Communications Satellites, Says Space Industry Source in Wake of Amos 6 Explosion - Algemeiner
A space industry source told the website Defense News on Sunday that it was "not for nothing" that the Israeli government invested so much in the satellite that was destroyed last week when the rocket set to carry it into orbit exploded on a launch pad at Cape Canaveral in Florida. (Read more)
5. Netanyahu tells Israeli students: Study the Bible - WND
WASHINGTON - In America, public school students aren't likely to hear about the Bible on the first day of classes.
But, in Israel, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu met with 200 students, along with Education Minister Naftali Bennett, and urged them to be serious about Bible study - in the public schools. (Read more)
6. Hebrew Nation News - Weekly Prayer Letter
To read this alert, go here.
7. Bridges for Peace: Weekly Prayer Update
To read this update, please go here.
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Back to Work: Congress Faces Five Looming Issues Following Summer Recess - NBC News
When Congress returns to work in D.C. on Tuesday, members will have to brush off the dust accumulated on a stack of bills left undone prior to their summer recess.
A tense partisan climate has led to inaction on several issues like funding research for the mosquito-borne Zika virus and moving forward with an anti-terrorism package in response to the nightclub shooting massacre in Orlando.
Though Congress was able to pass a Puerto Rico bankruptcy relief and opioid relief bill before their August recess, several politicians, including President Barack Obama, are hoping they will pass other stalled legislation before their month-long break beginning in October.
But members will have to act quickly if they plan on passing legislation that would prevent a government shutdown. Both chambers will have fewer than 20 days to complete this work before taking off for their month-long election season recess.
Here are the issues Congress is likely to address upon returning from vacation, or risk not providing a solution before year's end. (Read more)
- Father, there are many actions pending in Congress and there is so much arguing, lying, personal financial enrichments, and other distractions from the business at hand. Lord, only You know the truth on all of these mattes. Bring Your truth into the light as Congress makes decisions for the people of the United States. Let Your light go forth in the halls of Congress. Thank you, Jesus.
- "Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful." (Psalm 1:1)
2. September 7, 1774: First Prayer in Congress - The American Minute
The First Session of the Continental Congress opened the beginning of September in the year 1774 with prayer in Carpenter's Hall, Philadelphia.
Threatened by the most powerful monarch in the world, Britain's King George III, America's founding fathers heard Rev. Jacob Duche' read Psalm 35, the Anglican Book of Common Prayer's "Psalter" for that day September 7, 1774:
"Plead my cause, Oh, Lord, with them that strive with me, fight against them that fight against me. Take hold of buckler and shield, and rise up for my help. Draw also the spear and the battle-axe to meet those who pursue me; Say to my soul, 'I am your salvation.' Let those be ashamed and dishonored who seek my life; Let those be turned back and humiliated who devise evil against me."
Then Rev. Jacob Duche' prayed:
"Be Thou present, O God of Wisdom, and direct the counsel of this Honorable Assembly; enable them to settle all things on the best and surest foundations; that the scene of blood may be speedily closed; that Order, Harmony and Peace may be effectually restored, and that Truth and Justice, Religion and Piety, prevail and flourish among the people . . . Preserve the health of their bodies, and the vigor of their minds, shower down on them, and the millions they here represent, such temporal Blessings as Thou seest expedient for them in this world, and crown them with everlasting Glory in the world to come. All this we ask in the name and through the merits of Jesus Christ, Thy Son and our Saviour, Amen." (Read more)
- Father God, as our people bent their knee to You on this date many years ago, we do the same today. Abba Father God, please deliver us from those who seek to rob us of our freedom to worship You, and You only, in Spirit and in Truth. Grant us strength to stand against the wicked, showing each one Your grace and Your forgiveness, as You gave us on the Cross. Lead us, in repentance, to turn from our own wicked ways, and to return to follow You, and You only, now and forevermore. In Your Name, amen.
- Plead my cause, O Lord, with those who strive with me; Fight against those who fight against me. Take hold of shield and buckler, And stand up for my help. Also draw out the spear, And stop those who pursue me. Say to my soul, "I am your salvation." (Psalm 35:1-3)
3. Donald Trump Receives Jewish Prayer Shawl From Detroit Pastor - Breaking Israel News
Republican presidential Donald Trump spoke at a black Church in Detroit on Saturday and was rewarded with a tallit (fringed four-cornered prayer shawl) by the pastor. Bishop Wayne T. Jackson, pastor of Great Faith Ministries International, gave Trump the tallit, imported from Israel, along with a Jewish Heritage Study Bible. Before putting the tallit on Trump, the pastor said to him, "There are going to be some times in your life that you are going to feel forsaken, you are going to feel down, but the anointing is going to lift you up."
"The African American faith community is one of God's greatest gifts to America and to its people," Trump said to the congregation. "There is perhaps no action our leaders can take that would do more to heal our country and support our people than to provide a greater platform to the black churches and church-goers. Our nation is too divided," said Trump. "We talk past each other and not to each other. And those who seek office do not do enough to step into the community and learn what's going on. I'm here today to learn, so that we can together remedy injustice in any form, and so that we can also remedy economics so that the African-American community can benefit economically through jobs and income and so many other different ways." (Read more)
- Lord, thank You for Bishop Wayne T. Jackson's blessings on Donald Trump and his words of encouragement. The tallit and the Jewish Heritage Study Bible will serve Mr. Trump well. He can depend on Your word and the anointing to carry him through the rest of his life. Bless him as he learns more and more about the tallit, the Bible and the anointing. The Bishop has planted the seed. we ask Your blessing of stronger faith for Mr. Trump as he faces difficult times and may You be His joy unspeakable. Be his guide as he makes decisions. Protect him from all of his enemies and all evil. In Your precious name.
- "Thou shalt make thee twisted cords upon the four corners of thy covering, wherewith thou coverest thyself." (Deuteronomy 22:12)
4. Trump cuts into Clinton's lead as crucial stretch begins - POLITICO
Both teams prepare for the biggest moment of 2016 - the Sept. 26 debate.
The final stretch of the longest presidential campaign in history opens this week. Think it's been ugly? You've seen nothing yet.
Both Hillary Clinton's and Donald Trump's teams see September as the month that will make - or break - their candidate's case for the White House. A confident Clinton fighting to keep expectations in check will ratchet up her get-out-the-vote operation while courting more Republicans to her camp. A defiant Trump will double down on the America-first message that he thinks got him this far in the first place. The Democrat's allies will continue to blanket the battleground airwaves with stinging attacks on Trump's character. And three weeks into the month, early voting periods will open, state by state. (Read more)
- Father God, as today marks the official beginning of the race for the White House, we ask that You would cause both candidates to "come up higher" in the realm of their public discourse. We ask, dear Lord, that this campaign season would reflect the best that America has to offer: demonstrations of true statesmanship as each candidate states his or her policy decisions on the campaign trail. We ask for a miracle, Lord, in Your name, amen.
- "Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name."
5. U.S. investigating potential covert Russian plan to disrupt November elections - The Washington Post
U.S. intelligence and law enforcement agencies are investigating what they see as a broad covert Russian operation in the United States to sow public distrust in the upcoming presidential election and in U.S. political institutions, intelligence and congressional officials said.
The aim is to understand the scope and intent of the Russian campaign, which incorporates cyber-tools to hack systems used in the political process, enhancing Russia's ability to spread disinformation.
The effort to better understand Russia's covert influence operations is being coordinated by James R. Clapper Jr., the director of national intelligence. "This is something of concern for the DNI," said Charles Allen, a former longtime CIA officer who has been briefed on some of these issues. "It is being addressed."
The official cautioned that the intelligence community is not saying it has "definitive proof" of such tampering, or any Russian plans to do so. "But even the hint of something impacting the security of our election system would be of significant concern," the official said. "It's the key to our democracy, that people have confidence in the election system." (Read more)
- Lord, let all hidden things be revealed in this critical matter we pray, in Your name, amen.
- "He uncovers deep things out of darkness . . ." (Job 12:22a)
6. Hillary Clinton needs to end the nightmare Israel National News
. . . the FBI released a bucketful of notes, over the weekend, related to the bureau's investigation of Hillary Clinton. They interviewed her for three and a half hours. Her answers are startling for their disdain to truth and reckless approach to national security. The Rosenbergs were given the electric chair for something like this. (Read more)
- Father God, even the Israelis see that justice must be done in the case of Mrs. Clinton's email activities. Father, let Your Mighty Hand be revealed in this case, and let justice rule in America once again. We ask in Your name, amen.
- "But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream!"
7. Obama downplays alleged diplomatic snub by China - USA Today
President Obama tried to downplay talk of an orchestrated diplomatic snub by China on Sunday as leaders from the G-20 major world economies began a summit in the east Chinese city of Hangzhou.
Speaking ahead of the opening ceremony on Sunday afternoon, Obama said people should not "over-crank" a serious of heated altercations between U.S. and Chinese officials in the 24 hours since he arrived in the communist country.
"I think this time maybe . . . the seams are showing a little more than usual in terms of some of the negotiations and jostling that takes place behind the scenes," he said. "And, in fairness, when delegations travel to the United States, sometimes there are issues about our security procedures and protocols that they're aggravated with but don't always get reported on."
Tensions over protocol began almost as soon as Air Force One touched down in Hangzhou on Saturday. No mobile staircase was prepared for the U.S. president to exit the front door of the plane, forcing him to leave via the lower back door, which has its own stairs. He also was the only national leader not to be provided with red carpet on arrival.
Obama said it was not the first time "things like this had happened," saying they have also occurred whilst visiting close allies. (Read more)
- Our Father, the President of the United States was humbled and embarrassed when Air Force one landed in China and there was no red carpet nor was there anyone from Chinese delegation to meet him. He had to exit from the rear door of the plane with no mobile staircase. The Chinese were probably making a point and did not apologize. The light of the world is You, oh God. Let men stop playing games of who is the most important and look to Your leadership in all things. We ask that their focus not be on themselves but on You. Bless us with Your peaceful reign in the world. We love you Lord.
- "For sometime ago Theudas rose up, claiming to be somebody. A number of men, about four hundred, joined him. He was slain, and all who obeyed him were scattered and came to nothing." (Acts 5:36)
8. Obama, Putin meet on sidelines of G20, vow to keep working toward Syria deal - Fox News
A "candid, blunt" meeting between President Obama and Russian leader Vladimir Putin failed to yield a deal to end bloodshed between U.S.-backed rebels in Syria and the country's Russian-aligned regime, though the sides vowed to continue negotiations as the G20 summit in China came to a close.
Obama and Putin attended the economic summit as pressure mounted to get a deal done, huddling for 90 minutes on the sidelines, according to a senior White House official. The official told the Associated Press that the two sides clarified some of the large gaps in how a deal would be implemented and directed their respective teams to schedule a meeting for some time later this week. (Read more)
- Father, we simply ask that Your will shall be done in this very complex issue. May the saber-rattling of war be defused, and may peace rule in Syria and its neighboring countries. In Your name, amen.
- "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)
9. N. Korea fires 3 rockets hours after Seoul justifies US anti-missiles as 'inevitable self-defense' - RT.com
North Korea has launched three ballistic missiles off its east coast into the sea, South Korean news agency Yonhap reports. The latest test comes just hours after the issue of potential threat from Pyongyang was discussed among regional powers at the G20 summit in China.
The launch on Monday is the latest in a series of more than 10 ballistic tests the North has conducted so far this year. In late August, the Pyongyang military fired a submarine-launched ballistic missile off North Korea's east coast, a day after US and South Korea started their annual Ulchi Freedom Guardian military drills. The North test-fired the three ballistic missiles from Hwangju in North Hwanghae Province at around 12:14 p.m. local time, South Korean Joint Chiefs of Staff said in a text message, Yonhap reports. The type of missiles fired and how far they flew was not immediately available.(Read more)
- Our Holy God, why are the North Koreans allowed to fire missiles into the sea with no repercussions from other nations? Where is protection of Your beautiful creation, the seas? Let North Korea be held accountable for the firing of these missiles and stop firing them immediately. Our prayer is for the North Koreans to repent and come to You for salvation so Your name will be going forth and not missiles. Praise You Lord.
- "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds." (2 Corinthians 10:4)
"The Lord is a man of war; The Lord is His name." (Exodus 15:3)
The Daily Jot
Friday, September 2, 2016
Evidence mounts against H Clinton
Another story has revealed that Democratic Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was in violation of both Federal government and State Department policy and broke the law as Secretary of State. Circa.com investigative reporters John Solomon and Kellan Howell report that "FBI agents who investigated Hillary Clinton's email collected significant evidence suggesting she and her team violated federal record-keeping laws, including persisting to use a private Blackberry and server to conduct State Department business after being warned they posed legal and security risks." FBI sources told Circa.com that each email that transmitted a government document could be in violation of the Federal Records Act.
Circa reports: "Other federal laws make it a felony to intentionally conceal, remove or destroy federal records as defined under the Act, punishable with a fine and imprisonment of up to three years. A single conviction also carries a devastating impact for anyone looking to work again in government because the law declares that any violator "shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States."...The FBI "indirectly documented hundreds, and likely thousands, of violations of the Records Act," one source with direct knowledge of the FBI's investigation told Circa. Using forensics, the FBI recovered from computer drives and other witnesses about 15,000 emails from Mrs. Clinton's private account that dealt with government business, most that had not been turned over by her or her aides."
The Daily Jot's own investigation of the Clinton email caper reveals that several long-term government sources, who wished to remain anonymous, said that if they had done what Clinton did, they may be in jail. One source said, "that requirement [is] in the US Code of Federal Regulations: 5 CFR 930.301, Subpart C. There is NO excuse for Clinton and staff not to have known they were violating security protocols--they are lying. Executive agencies are required to have this training...the requirement has been around for a long time: This particular CFR was issued Jan 1, 2011. Para (a)(1) states, "All users of Federal Information systems must be exposed to security awareness materials at least annually."
He continued, "Plus paragraph (a)(2) says, "Executives must receive training in information security basics and policy level training in security planning and management." Hillary's position as Secretary of State was a senior executive position. She herself was responsible that she and her staff were appropriately informed and trained. How many years was Hillary the Secretary of State? That's how many times minimum she was exposed to these requirements...Not to mention common sense for a person in that position and who was in the White House for 8 years." Yet, the FBI recommends no prosecution for Clinton. As in Isaiah 59:14, "And justice is turned back, and righteousness stands afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter." But you can enter the voting booth come November.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
In Memoriam: Phyllis Schlafly
Family Research Council Statement on Passing of Phyllis Schlafly
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Family Research Council President Tony Perkins released the following statement on the passing of Phyllis Schlafly:
"Phyllis Schlafly will be remembered for her courageous leadership in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds. With the political establishment, the media, and academia all arrayed against her, she organized a grassroots movement that not only stopped the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) but became the foundation for the pro-life, pro-family movement we have today.
"I have little doubt that the political and cultural landscape of America today would have long ago been devoid of true conservatism if not for her leadership. She never surrendered her principles and she never gave in to intimidation.
"Her love for God and this country drove her to fight for the Constitutional principles that founded this nation. We honor Phyllis for the lessons that she taught us all. I'm proud to have stood alongside her for faith, family and freedom," concluded Perkins.
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, Sept. 4 - Saturday, Sept. 10
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
Fulani Fighters Kill Pastor and Four Christians in Kenya
KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA (ANS --September 1, 2016) -- As farmers lamented policies designating land for cattlemen in northern Nigeria, suspected Muslim Fulani herdsmen killed a pastor and four other Christians in Kaduna state on Friday, August 19, 2016.
Pastor Luka Ubangari of Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) at Angwan Anjo village, near Godogodo in the Jema'a Local Government Area (LGA), was shot and killed while returning from an evangelistic outreach in Golkofa village, a resident of Gidan Waya, Emmanuel Garba, told Morning Star News
"The pastor was ambushed and murdered as he was returning to his village," he said. (Read more)
JESUS PAID IT ALL
"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow." (Isaiah 1:18)
I hear the Savior say, "Thy strength indeed is small; Child of weakness, watch and pray, Find in Me thine all in all."
Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.
For nothing good have I Whereby Thy grace to claim, I'll wash my garments white In the blood of Calv'ry's Lamb.
And now complete in Him My robe His righteousness, Close sheltered 'neath His side, I am divinely blest.
Lord, now indeed I find Thy power and Thine alone, Can change the leper's spots And melt the heart of stone.
When from my dying bed My ransomed soul shall rise, "Jesus died my soul to save," Shall rend the vaulted skies.
And when before the throne I stand in Him complete, I'll lay my trophies down All down at Jesus' feet.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Elvina M. Hall, 1865.
Music:John T. Grape
Signs and Wonders
NASA spacecraft captures rare double eclipse on video
NASA captured a rare space event Friday when Earth and the moon crossed in front of the sun.
NASA'S Solar Dynamics Observatory captured the stunning double eclipse. It was also visible in parts of southern and central Africa.
The space agency said early Friday morning Earth completely eclipsed the sun from the satellite's perspective just as the moon began its journey across the face of the sun.
Observers can tell the Earth and the moon apart by their edges: Earth's is fuzzy, while the moon's is sharp and distinct.
The video clip released by NASA lasts 34 seconds. (Fox News) Read more here.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Evangelicals Unite to Offer Support to Italians After Earthquake:
Wants "Profound, Lasting Impact"
Following the tragic earthquake which claimed 294 lives in Central Italy last week, a coalition of evangelicals have united at a summit to offer support and relief.
Representatives of 40 national and global evangelical organisations have gathered "in a spirit of Christian fellowship and passion to act together"; the meeting was convened on the 29th August by the Italian Evangelical Alliance (AEI), the Federation of Pentecostal Churches in Italy (FCP) and Coevema, an evangelical relief agency.
The meeting, in Borbona, near Amatrice, discussed evangelical witness in the affected area and proposed solutions of how to help those in need, saying, "The participants agreed that it is not useful to act in randomly or in disjointed order, with the consequent marginalization of the interventions." (Read more)
"How Great Is Our God" - Chris Tomlin
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
"So the nations will fear the name of the Lord And all the kings of the earth Your glory." (Psalm 102:15)
God is using His people to build a Canopy of Prayer across our nation, to stand in the gap before His Throne of Grace in repentance for our personal and national sins; and to pray against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
We meet at 7:00 p.m. EDT, Monday through Friday, in an "open forum." We have no set agenda, but to seek Him daily for the burdens of His heart, and to pray them through . . .
All are welcome to join us in this exciting new venture!
We meet every evening, Monday through Friday
Time: 7:00 p.m. EDT/6:00 p.m.CDT/5:00 p.m.MDT/4:00 p.m. PDT
Conference number: 605-562-3140
Access Code: 290787#
You can learn more about the history of Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, as well as how Abba has now birthed our Prayer Canopy, by going here.