Join CHPP and PrayerSurgeNow
on a Labor Day Weekend conference call
next Saturday, Sept. 3 at 10:00 a.m.
For details, please go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, August 31, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest . . ." (Hebrews 4:11 KJV)
Tomorrow: A Major Sign in the Heavens!
On Sept. 1, the moon will pass in front of the sun, creating a brilliant ring of sunlight visible from areas around the southern Indian Ocean. The best place to view the Sept. 1 annular eclipse will be southern Africa. Read more.
" . . . pray without ceasing . . ." (I Thess. 5:17)
Focus on the Election
Focus on the Election
1. FBI alert sparks fears that state voting systems are under digital assault - POLITICO The FBI's decision to issue a nationwide alert about the possible hacking of state election offices after breaches in Illinois and Arizona is raising concerns that a nationwide attack could be afoot, with the potential for creating havoc on Election Day. It's possible that the motivation behind the two state hacks was less about the political system and more about cash. Voter registration data sets include valuable information - such as names, birth dates, phone numbers and physical and email addresses - that criminal hackers can bundle and flip on the black-market "dark web" for thousands of dollars. (Read more)
- Father, we come against this "hacking" of our individual voting systems throughout our states. We know there are those groups and individuals who would wish to tamper with the results of this Presidential election this November. We thank You that You are our Sovereign King, and the King of all Kings! We ask that You would involve Yourself, in this, the affairs of men. We ask You to protect these accounts from being hacked, regardless of the motivation, be that financial or political. We look to You for Your protection, we pray, Amen!
- "Of the Hebronites: Hashabiah and his relatives, 1,700 capable men, were in charge of the affairs of men, for all the work of the Lord, and service of the king."
(I Chronicles 28:30)
> > > For all reports below, please agree with this prayer:
- "Father God, we bring these needs before Your Throne of Grace, and we ask You to intervene as needed. Abba Father God, we thank You for the amazing mercy You have shown our nation over many years, in spite of our iniquity. Lord, show us Your mercy again, we pray, in Your Name, amen.
- "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." Amen.
2. Obama's top doc: Hillary should have neurological exam - WND
President Obama's former doctor says Democratic Party nominee Hillary Clinton should have a neurological exam, indicating the checkup would ensure she isn't losing her cognitive abilities due to her history of brain injury.
Dr. David Scheiner, Obama's physician for 22 years, told CNN Tuesday that a two-page note Clinton provided from her doctor after follow-up testing in 2013 is simply not enough to show she's fully recovered.
"There are a number of questions I have. First of all, she's almost 68 years old. While I think that medical letter was well written and was very professional - it's not enough. For example, she is on Coumadin, a medication to prevent blood clots. You have to monitor that. It says she's being monitored regularly. I'd like to know how well she is being controlled. That's a difficult drug to use.
Scheiner continued, "I think she should have had a neurological examination, a thorough neurological examination in 2016. We know what happens to football players who have had concussions, how they begin to lose some of their cognitive ability." (Read more)
3. A Candidate's Death Could Delay or Eliminate the Presidential Election - USNews
The presidential election could be delayed or scrapped altogether if conspiracy theories become predictive and a candidate dies or drops out before Nov. 8. The perhaps equally startling alternative, if there's enough time: Small groups of people hand-picking a replacement pursuant to obscure party rules. The scenarios have been seriously considered by few outside of the legal community and likely are too morbid for polite discussion in politically mixed company. But prominent law professors have pondered the effects and possible ways to address a late-date vacancy.
"There's nothing in the Constitution which requires a popular election for the electors serving in the Electoral College," says John Nagle, a law professor at the University of Notre Dame, meaning the body that officially elects presidents could convene without the general public voting. "It's up to each state legislature to decide how they want to choose the state's electors," Nagle says. "It may be a situation in which the fact that we have an Electoral College, rather than direct voting for presidential candidates, may prove to be helpful."
Both major parties do have rules for presidential ticket replacements, however, and Congress has the power to change the election date under Article II of the Constitution, which allows federal lawmakers to set dates for the selection of presidential electors and when those electors will vote. (Read more)
4. ALERT! Homeland eyes special declaration to take charge of elections - Washington Examiner
Even before the FBI identified new cyber attacks on two separate state election boards, the Department of Homeland Security began considering declaring the election a "critical infrastructure," giving it the same control over security it has over Wall Street and and the electric power grid. The latest admissions of attacks could speed up that effort possibly including the upcoming presidential election, according to officials. "We should carefully consider whether our election system, our election process, is critical infrastructure like the financial sector, like the power grid," Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said. "There's a vital national interest in our election process, so I do think we need to consider whether it should be considered by my department and others critical infrastructure," he said at media conference earlier this month hosted by the Christian Science Monitor. (Read more)
SEE ALSO: The Daily Jot's commentary on this news. Go here.
The Middle East in Focus
1. Insight for Intercessors: Weekly Prayer Update
To read this alert, please go here.
2.UN Security Council to convene meeting on Israeli settlement building - Jerusalem Post
NEW YORK - The UN Security Council will hold a meeting on October 14 to address Israeli settlement building.
News of the upcoming meeting emerged after UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process Nickolay Mladenov appeared in front of the Security Council on Monday and slammed Israel for continuing to build settlements in the West Bank and east Jerusalem. (Read more)
3. Report: Netanyahu Warns Visiting US Delegation Against Lame-Duck Moves by Obama on Israel-Palestinian Track - Algemeiner
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu conveyed a message of warning to US President Barack Obama not to make any moves on the Israeli-Palestinian front during his lame-duck period between November and January, the Hebrew news site Walla reported on Monday.
According to the report, Netanyahu expressed his concerns on Sunday, during a meeting at his summer house in Caesarea with a delegation of American hard-hitters from both sides of the political aisle, who are in the region on a fact-finding mission. Among members of the delegation visiting the Middle East (with stops in the Palestinian Authority, Saudi Arabia and Turkey) are Democrats Dennis Ross and Philip Gordon, and Republicans James Jeffrey, Meghan O'Sullivan, Zalmay Khalilzad and Robert Danin. As one senior official told Walla, some of these are likely to hold key positions in the next American administration, whichever candidate wins. (Read more)
4. Rights group accuses PA, Hamas of abusing journalists - Times of Israel
Palestinian authorities are silencing dissent by cracking down on free speech and abusing local journalists and activists critical of their policies, a leading international human rights group said Tuesday.
Human Rights Watch said both the Western-backed Palestinian Authority led by President Mahmoud Abbas in the West Bank and its rival, the ruling Islamist group Hamas in the Gaza Strip, are "arresting, abusing, and criminally charging journalists and activists who express peaceful criticism of the authorities." (Read more)
5. iPhone spyware spotlights Israel's secretive surveillance industry - Ynet News
Israel boasts some 27 surveillance firms, a high number for a country of 8 million. Most deal with cyber defense, with less than 10% pursuing the offensive niche. But while these spyware tools are developed in democracy, some make their way to countries with a notorious record of human rights violations. (Read more)
6. PA willing to participate in any peace initiative - Israel National News
Palestinian Authority (PA) chairman Mahmoud Abbas's office said Monday that the PA is ready to participate in any peace initiative aimed at a "comprehensive and fair solution", following speculation of a meeting organized by Russia.
"We are ready to participate in any regional or international initiative with the objective of a comprehensive and fair solution," Abbas's spokesman, Nabil Abu Rudeina, said in a statement quoted by the AFP news agency.
The statement comes amid talk of a possible meeting between Abbas and Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu to be organized by Russian President Vladimir Putin. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Surprise: FBI Recovers Another 30 Benghazi Emails Hillary Clinton Deleted - TIME
The State Department says about 30 emails involving the 2012 attack on U.S. compounds in Benghazi, Libya, are among the thousands of Hillary Clinton emails recovered during the FBI's recently closed investigation into her use of a private server.
Government lawyers told U.S. District Court Judge Amit P. Mehta Tuesday that an undetermined number of the emails among the 30 were not included in the 55,000 pages previously provided by Clinton to the State Department. The agency said it would need until the end of September to review the emails and redact potentially classified information before they are released.
Mehta questioned why it would take so long to release so few documents, and urged that the process be sped up. He ordered the department to report to him in a week with more details about why the review process would take a full month. (Read more)
- Lord, we come to You regarding these Benghazi "lost" emails, and ask You to uncover and expose where these emails are, and what they entail. Especially in light of the murder of our Ambassador there and three Navy Seals, we want the full truth to be exposed, and dealt with accordingly. We ask for the secret things to be revealed, for Your glory, and the good of our nation. Amen.
- "For nothing is hidden, except to be revealed; nor has anything been kept secret, but that it should come to light [that is, things are hidden only temporarily, until the appropriate time comes for them to be known]. The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things which are revealed and disclosed belong to us and to our children forever, so that we may do all the words of this law." (Mark 4:22;Deuteronomy 29:29)
2. Obama will bypass Senate, ratify Paris climate accord himself during trip to China - Washington Times
The White House on Monday defended President Obama's decision to enter into the Paris climate accord without Senate ratification but stopped short of confirming a Chinese report that he will do so this week during his trip to China. Still, it would surprise no one if Mr. Obama and Chinese President Xi Jinping were to announce the ratification of the sweeping climate change agreement before the Sunday opening of the Group of 20 summit in Hangzhou, Zhejiang.
White House senior adviser Brian Deese said the president has the legal authority to ratify the accord without the two-thirds Senate vote required for treaties. He said the pact negotiated by 195 countries in December is merely an "executive agreement." "The president will use his authority that has been used in dozens of executive agreements in the past to join and formally deposit our instrument of acceptance, and therefore put our country as a party to the Paris Agreement," Mr. Deese, said at a White House press conference. (Read more)
- Abba, we are weary of President Obama's "executive orders" to bypass Congress, and act as "king". We ask that You would stop him from entering into "unholy alliances", especially as it regards our nation. May he find himself unable to do so, we pray. Give wisdom and understanding, and, most of all, the fear of the Lord to this president, we pray. Thank You for Your intervention. Amen.
- "Let all things be done decently and in order." (I Corinthians 14:40)
3. EU-U.S. trade deal in doubt as France urges end to talks - Reuters
PARIS/BRUSSELS France cast serious doubt on Tuesday on the prospects of an EU free trade deal with the United States, adding to opposition within Germany and growing skepticism among Americans. Washington and Brussels are officially committed to sealing the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) before U.S. President Barack Obama leaves office in January, but their chances of doing so are being eroded by approaching elections on both sides of the Atlantic and Britain's vote in June to leave the European Union.
"Everything is moving. In this situation it's just not going to happen," said Peter van Ham, senior research fellow at Dutch think tank Clingendael and author of a paper on Tuesday called "TTIP is dead, long live transatlantic trade". French Trade Minister Matthias Fekl said he would request a halt to TTIP talks at next month's EU trade ministers' meeting in Bratislava after German Economy Minister Sigmar Gabriel declared at the weekend that talks were "de facto dead". (Read more)
- Lord, we thank You for this good news, and pray that, indeed, this agreement does not take place. We do pray that France will withdraw its vote from this Transatlantic Trade deal, and keep jobs here in the U.S., where they need to be. We praise You, our King, and our Father! We thank You for Your rule over us. May You be glorified, we pray. Amen.
- "I will praise and give thanks to You, O Lord, among the people; I will sing praises to You among the nations. For Your faithfulness and lovingkindness are great reaching to the heavens, and Your truth to the clouds." (Psalm 57:9,10)
4. John Kerry: You Media People Should Stop Reporting on Terrorism So People Don't Know What's Going On - TownHall.com
Speaking from Bangladesh Tuesday morning, Secretary of State John Kerry suggested members of the media stop covering (Islamic) terrorism so people won't "know what's going on." Kerry attempted to preempt his statement by implying media coverage creates copy cats and promotes more terrorism.
"If you decide one day you're going to be a terrorist and you're willing to kill yourself, you can go out and kill some people. You can make some noise...perhaps the media would do us all a service if they didn't cover it quite as much. People wouldn't know what's going on," Kerry said.
While the copy cat, attention seeker argument may be true in a handful of cases, the media ignoring terrorism as the Obama administration has arguably chosen to do for nearly a decade, isn't going to make terrorism go away. (Read more)
- So "ignorance is bliss"? We thank You, Lord for our freedom of the press, one of our basic Constitutional rights. We need to know what is going on, and respond appropriately with self defense. We see this desire to keep people in ignorance, to be an encouragement to terrorists. Shine Your bright light upon those whose works are done in darkness, bring them into the light, and make them accountable for their actions we pray. Amen.
- "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who change darkness into light and light into darkness, who change bitter into sweet and sweet into bitter! Woe to those seeing themselves as wise, esteeming themselves as clever." (Isaiah 5:20,21)
5. 10,000th Syrian reaches US this week in resettlement program - AP
AMMAN, Jordan (AP) - The U.S. will reach its target this week of taking in 10,000 Syrian war refugees in a year-old resettlement program, the U.S. ambassador to Jordan said Sunday, after meeting families headed to California and Virginia.
The resettlement program has emerged as an issue in the U.S. presidential campaign, with Republican nominee Donald Trump alleging displaced Syrians pose a potential security threat.
Alice Wells, the U.S. ambassador to Jordan, said Sunday that keeping Americans safe and taking in some of the world's most vulnerable people are not mutually exclusive. (Read more)
- Lord God, we know from numerous sources that, indeed, the opposite is true: these "refugees" are not vetted at all, as any record-keeping system that had been maintained by the Assad regime in Syria collapsed years ago when their civil war broke out. Abba, we are tired of these lies, and we ask that you give these leaders no rest until they repent, come to you, and lead godly lives, in Your name, amen.
- "There is no peace," says the LORD, "for the wicked." (Isaiah 48:22)
6. Trump in Mexico calls for end to 'humanitarian disaster' of illegal immigration - The Hill
Donald Trump called for the end to the "humanitarian disaster" of illegal immigration as he sought to strike a statesmanlike tone during a visit to Mexico on Wednesday. Standing alongside Mexican president Enrique Pena Nieto, the GOP presidential nominee read from a prepared statement touting the "shared objective" of ending illegal immigration.
"This is a humanitarian disaster - the dangerous treks, the abuse by gangs and cartels and the extreme physical dangers - and it must be solved," Trump said. "It must be solved quickly. He added that neither country can "win" when the border is filled with "human smugglers and drug traffickers," or when illegal weapons and cash flow into Mexico from the north while immigrants come into America from the south.
The brief appearance, arranged in just a matter of days, tried to show a different side of Trump -- that of a man vying to become America's next chief diplomat. His remarks centered on the joint responsibility between the two countries, and he appeared to barely deviate from those scripted remarks. (Read more)
- Father God, once again, Donald Trump is "telling it like it is." We ask that America would take heed to his words and to his wisdom. In Your name, amen.
- " A wise man will hear and increase in learning, And a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel." (Proverbs 1:5)
7. Military Intel Confirms JW Reporting: Muslim Terrorists Entering U.S. Via Mexico - Family Security Matters
Corroborating what Judicial Watch uncovered years ago, a U.S. military intelligence report discloses that Muslim terrorists are being smuggled into the country through Mexico. The government calls them Special Interest Aliens (SIA) and Latin American smuggling networks are helping them cross the border, according to information obtained from a U.S. Southern Command (SOUTHCOM) Intelligence dispatch.
Located in Miami, Florida SOUTHCOM is one of nine unified combat commands in the Department of Defense (DOD). It's responsible for providing contingency planning operations and security cooperation in Central and South America as well as the Caribbean. The internal assessment on SIA smuggling has not been made public, but a conservative Washington D.C. online newspaper obtained key points from the command's J-2 intelligence directorate. A SOUTHCOM Army colonel told the paper that in 2015 more than 30,000 migrants who entered the U.S. through the southwestern border were from countries of "terrorist concern."
The new SOUTHCOM report specifically mentions Sunni extremists, the news article states. The terrorists are using a known alien smuggling network in Latin America to reach the U.S. but the network has not been identified by military officials. "Networks that specialize in smuggling individuals from regions of terrorist concern, mainly from the Afghanistan-Pakistan region, the Middle East, and East Africa, are indeed a concern for SOUTHCOM and other interagency security partners who support our country's national security," a SOUTHCOM Army Colonel, Lisa A. Garcia, says in the story. "There are major hubs that serve as entry points into the region for migrants from those areas of concern attempting to enter the U.S. along our border with Mexico." (Read more)
- Father God, once again, the government may call them Special Interest Aliens (SIA), but we know they are actually ILLEGAL ALIENS. Each one that enters our nation brings the spirit of lawlessness with him, which is now increasing by the day. Father God, we pray You stop this insanity, reverse this policy, and help us to live as "One Nation Under God' and under Your law, once again.
- "How blessed are those whose way is blameless, Who walk in the law of the LORD." (Psalm 119:1)
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people he chose for his inheritance." (Psalm 33:12)
8. White House: No Evidence Russian Air Strike Killed ISIS Leader - Huffington Post
The White House does not have evidence suggesting Russia was involved in an air strike that killed Islamic State leader Abu Muhammad al-Adnani, a spokesman said on Wednesday.
The United States and its coalition partners carried out a strike on Tuesday against Adnani, one of the last living senior members of the Islamic State militant group. Moscow has claimed that Russian airstrikes in Syria on Tuesday had killed Adnani, who served as a spokesman for Islamic State. "I am not aware of any facts that would substantiate a claim like that," White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters on Air Force One.
Earnest said Adnani "has been a leading proponent of a strategy that encourages individuals to carry out lone wolf attacks around the world," and that he played an active role in recruiting support for Islamic State.
Islamic State said on Tuesday that Adnani was killed in an air strike in Aleppo province. (Read more)
- Father, some of us have been sensing a need to pray Psalm 91 over key targets in our land . . . even before we received this report. If this ISIS leader has indeed been killed (as ISIS claims), then an act of retalation is sure to follow. We come to You, O Lord, in time of need, for protection and safety, in Your name, amen.
- Please decree PSALM 91 over your loved ones, and over other "prayer targets" as the Spirit leads.
9. Third breakdown in year for $360M US Navy combat ships - CNN
For the third time in a year, one of the US Navy's $360 million littoral combat ships has been knocked out of action by mechanical problems.
The latest victim is the USS Freedom, which had seawater leak into one of its two main diesel propulsion systems on July 11, according to a Navy press release.
The Navy said seawater entered the engine oil lube system through a leak in a seawater pump's mechanical seal. The leak occurred when the Freedom was participating in the 26-nation Rim of the Pacific exercises, the Navy said.
The ship returned to its San Diego home port for seawater decontamination on July 13 and then returned to the exercises under power of its gas turbine engines, rather than the main diesel propulsion systems, the Navy said. (Read more)
- O Lord God, we repent that we have not taken better care of our naval vessels, which leaves our sailors weakened in their ability to defend our people. We call forth everything needed to be set in place quickly so that the USS Freedom can be repaired and set out to sea again safely. May the USS Freedom sail proudly on our seas, once again, in Your name, amen.
- "You will also declare a thing, And it will be established for you; So light will shine on your ways." (Job 22:28)
10. Iran's Launch of Shia Army Threatens to Escalate Sectarian Tensions - VOA
The Iranian government's launch of a "United Shia Liberation Army" is sending signals that Tehran wants to expand its political and military role in Middle East conflicts along sectarian lines, analysts say.
"Using a sectarian Shi'ite identifier with the title of the new army will inflame sectarian tensions in the region," Talha Abdulrazaq, a researcher at the University of Exeter's Strategy and Security Institute, told VOA. "Iran is asserting itself as a regional or even an imperialistic power."
The new force, announced Thursday by a veteran military commander who leads Iranian forces in Syria, is designed to fight in Arab countries and would recruit heavily from non-Iranian Shi'ite Muslims across the region. (Read more)
- Father God, once again we see the tensions between the two sects of Islam - Shi'ia and Sunni - increasing. It is only a matter of time before these two armies, located throughout the Middle East, turn on each other and destroy each other. We worship You, Holy One, and we thank You that, just as in the days of old, as we worship, You will cause the spirit of confusion to fall upon our enemies, so that they will turn upon each other and destroy each other . . . after which we will spend three days picking up the spoil. Hallelujah, Lord, and amen!
- "Now when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushes against the people of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, who had come against Judah; and they were defeated." (2 Chronicles 20:22)
TWO DAILY JOTS!!
Tuesday, August 30, 2016
The Pollsters are polling, deceivers deceiving
> > > To read this alert, go here.
Wednesday, August 31, 2016
Homeland Security hints at taking over elections
> > > To read this edition. go here.
URGENT: PLEASE READ TODAY'S JOT! THANK YOU.
Mega Signs and Wonders!
1. Scientists in Iceland are on alert after two earthquakes shake 'Katla,' one of the island's largest volcanoes
Iceland's Meteorological Office says two earthquakes early Monday rocked the caldera of Katla, one of the country's largest volcanoes. Gunnar Gudmundsson, a geophysicist, said authorities are monitoring the situation at the volcano in southern Iceland and described it as "a little bit unusual." The quakes measured magnitude 4.2 and magnitude 4.5 and were followed by some 20 aftershocks.
"People have been waiting for an eruption for 50 years," Gudmundsson said of Katla. "But there is no sign of an eruption."
Katla, named after an evil troll, is in southern Iceland about 140 kilometres from the capital, Reykjavik. (National Post) Read more.
2. Freak lightning bolts kill 300 reindeer in Norway
More than 300 wild reindeer have been killed after they were struck by lightning at a nature park in southern Norway. The deaths were linked to a thunderstorm which battered the Hardangervidda region on Friday. A further five reindeer had to be euthanised, according to the Norwegian Nature Inspectorate.
Gamekeepers said they had already counted the lightning-charred bodies of 323 reindeer, which a spokesman described as an "unusually high" death toll.
Knut Nylend, a spokesman for the Norwegian Nature Inspectorate, said the reindeer probably died in such high numbers because they were standing close to each other. (Read more)
3. Snow plows used in recovery after storm hammers Colorado Springs area with floodwaters, hail
Knee-high water, stranded cars, road closures, water rescues and thick hail were just some of the byproducts of a powerful storm that hammered Colorado Springs and other parts of El Paso County on Monday afternoon.
The flooding outside of Milt's Coffee Shop on East Platte Avenue surged in ocean-like waves toward the building when cars drove by Monday afternoon, according to one of its owners, Sharon Miyamoto. "We've got water, we've got hail, we've got dirt, we've got everything from outside on the inside now," Miyamoto said.
Central Colorado Springs was hit the worst, according to Brian Bledsoe, chief meteorologist for Gazette news partner KKTV. Between two and three inches hit that area in about an hour's time, and "rainfall rate is a huge deal," Bledsoe said, especially because flooding worsens when drainages can't handle the flow.
During this storm, some drainages were clogged by hail. (The Gazette) Read more.
4. Significant extraterrestrial signal detected from space
Aug. 30, 2016 - 1:55 - A significant extraterrestrial signal spike detected from space, raising the question, 'Are we alone in the universe?' (Fox News) Video only;go here.
5. Madeline bears down on Big Isle; Maui County under tropical storm warning
The east side of Hawaii island is under a flood advisory this morning as the outer bands of rain from Hurricane Madeline begin to reach the island.
The National Weather issued the advisory until 10:15 am after "radar and rain gauges indicated heavy rain associated with the outer bands of Hurricane Madeline over the South Hilo and Puna districts. Rain was falling at a rate of 1 to 2 inches per hour. Additional rainfall is expected to move over the eastern slopes of the Big Island through the day."
Forecasters said the advisory includes Hilo, Hawaiian Paradise Park, Keaau, Pahoa, Pepeekeo, Glenwood, Hawaiian Acres, Mountain View, Papaikou, Volcano, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and Orchidland Estates. (Star Advertiser) Read more.
6. Tropical systems threatening Outer Banks and Gulf Coast - AccuWeather.com (Video)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
First American Citizen Charged under Russia's Anti-Missionary Law
Three individuals - two of them foreign citizens - are the first known victims of Russia's new amendments punishing sharing beliefs, which came into force on 20 July. All were fined. A Russian citizen is due in court on 29 August. An earlier prosecution ended in acquittal.
The first known punishments have now been handed down under Russia's new amendments punishing sharing beliefs, which came into force on 20 July. In the first known case, a Baptist pastor was fined in Noyabrsk in Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Region. In cases in Tver and Oryol, two individuals - both foreign citizens legally resident in Russia - were heavily fined, but neither was ordered deported. Their convictions and the grounds for them leave an ever more confused picture of how this new legislation will be put into practice, Forum 18 notes. In the Mari-El Republic a Pentecostal leader is due to face a Magistrate's Court on the afternoon of 29 August.
Six individuals are known to have been charged so far under the new provisions of the Administrative Code, Article 5.26, Part 4 and Part 5.
PEACE TO MY SOUL
"Peace be unto you." (Luke 24:36)
O Jesus, my Savior,
All glory to Thee;
Sweet peace in believing
Thou givest to me.
Peace, peace to my soul
Flows like a beautiful river;
Peace, hallowed and pure,
Constant abiding forever.
What heights of enjoyment,
What rapture is mine;
While faithfully trusting
Thy promise divine.
Should sorrow o'ertake me,
Thy Word is my stay;
Should trials befall me
Thou guidest my way.
O loving Redeemer,
Whatever Thy will,
In tempests or sunshine,
I'll follow Thee still.
About the Author:
Words: Fanny Crosby
Music: John R. Sweney
The Good News Corner
Record-Breaking Astronaut, Shares God's 'Creative Work' from the Lens of His Camera While in Space
[CBN News] NASA astronaut and commander for Expedition 48 of the International Space Station, Jeff Williams set a record after surpassing Scott Kelly's record (520 days) of spending the most cumulative days in space as an American.
Williams spoke with Southern Baptist Theological Seminary President R. Albert Mohler Jr. and students on Tuesday Aug. 30 during their chapel service.
After four spaceflights and an extensive spacewalk experience, Williams says his career has only strengthened his faith.
"It's one thing to be inside here, look out the window, and view the elements of God's creation in deep space as well as the planet," Williams said of spacewalking.
Chris Tomlin - "Jesus"
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
"So the nations will fear the name of the Lord And all the kings of the earth Your glory." (Psalm 102:15)
God is using His people to build a Canopy of Prayer across our nation, to stand in the gap before His Throne of Grace in repentance for our personal and national sins; and to pray against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
We meet at 7:00 p.m. EDT, Monday through Friday, in an "open forum." We have no set agenda, but to seek Him daily for the burdens of His heart, and to pray them through . . .
All are welcome to join us in this exciting new venture!
We meet every evening, Monday through Friday
Time: 7:00 p.m. EDT/6:00 p.m.CDT/5:00 p.m.MDT/4:00 p.m. PDT
Conference number: 605-562-3140
Access Code: 290787#
You can learn more about the history of Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, as well as how Abba has now birthed our Prayer Canopy, by going here.