CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Monday, September 26, 2016
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, September 26, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, And Your right hand will save me." (Psalm 138:7)
Please note: Updated resource materials for the national election are included at the end of this Brief.
"I will instruct you in the power of God; What is with the Almighty I will not conceal." (Job 27:11)
The Middle East in Focus
1. Syria says Israeli 'terrorism' threatens entire region - Times of Israel
Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Muallem on Saturday condemned Israel's strikes in southern Syria, saying the IDF's "aggressive policies do not only threaten Syria but the whole region."
Speaking before the United Nations General Assembly, Muallem said the Syrian state was dealing not only with "mercenary terrorists on its territory" in its five-year civil war, but also "has long confronted a different kind of terrorism; the terrorism of Israel that has occupied a precious part of our land in the Syrian Golan since 4 June 1967."
Israel's "oppressive and aggressive practices," he said, "are no longer confined to the Occupied Golan, and are currently affecting the security and life of Syrians in the southern part of the country." (Read more)
2. Syrian troops advance in Aleppo amid war's heaviest bombing - Times of Israel
BEIRUT (AP) - Syrian troops captured a rebel-held area on the edge of Aleppo on Saturday, tightening their siege on opposition-held neighborhoods in the northern city after what residents described as the heaviest air bombardment of the 5 ½-year civil war.
The UN meanwhile said that nearly 2 million people in Aleppo, Syria's largest city and onetime commercial center, are without running water following the escalation in fighting over the past few days. (Read more)
3. Christian, Jewish and Muslim youth from Jerusalem take a stand in the Old City - Jerusalem Post
Jerusalem's Old City was filled with police on Friday as part of a surge following last week's violence in the capital and the West Bank.
Numerous young Arab men were stopped and frisked around Damascus Gate as Muslims made their way through crowded streets for afternoon prayer. Yet, among the tense atmosphere, a group of around 80 Christian, Jewish and Muslim youth - almost all from Jerusalem - toured the perimeter of the Old City, hoping to display the possibility of a truly shared city.
"We already postponed the trip once. Tensions are high in Jerusalem, but Jerusalem is a tense city and we are taking the challenge to reclaim Jerusalem from extremists," said Mohammad Joulany, co-director of Kids4Peace Jerusalem, which led the eager youth on the just over 4-km. trek around the Old City's perimeter.
"We are sending a clear and strong message of peace and determination despite what is happening around us," he said. (Read more)
4. Politics: The man who could unseat Netanyahu? - Jerusalem Post
The most common question asked of Israeli political analysts by audiences in America is about who could come after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, assuming he ever leaves his job. The usual response is a joke: Netanyahu. Yair Netanyahu is only 25, but in the Middle East, King Bibi passing on his mantle to the next generation would certainly not be unprecedented.
But what if the successor to Benjamin Netanyahu is not a Netanyahu but a Benjamin? That scenario of former IDF chief of staff Benjamin "Benny" Gantz becoming the main alternative candidate to Netanyahu in the next election becomes more plausible as time passes. The reason that time is of the essence is that Gantz is currently prohibited by law from running, due to a three-year cooling-off period for former generals and heads of security and intelligence agencies. (Read more)
5. Jordan's king asks PM to form new govt - Jerusalem Post
AMMAN - Jordan's Prime Minister Hani Mulki submitted his resignation to King Abdullah in a customary step after Tuesday's parliamentary elections and has been asked to form a new government, an official source said on Sunday.
Mulki, who was appointed last May and charged with conducting new elections, is expected to lead a caretaker government until a new cabinet is formed by the end of this week, a government source said. (Read more)
6. Report: Hamas political leader Mashaal to step down in 2017 - Israel Hayom
Qatar-based Hamas political bureau chief Khaled Mashaal has been leading the terrorist group for 20 years. Arab media says former Gaza Strip PM Ismail Haniyeh most likely to succeed him. Israel official: Mashaal likely to vie for Palestinian presidency. (Read more)
7. ALERT! Syrian buildup with Druze OC for major Golan Operation - DebkaFile
Six steps by the Assad regime in the last few days, reported by DEBKAfile's military sources, point to preparations for a massive Syrian army offensive, backed by Hizballah, pro- Iranian Shiite militias and Iranian Rev Guards officers, for clearing the strong rebel presence out of the Syrian Golan. (Read entire article here.)
8. Hebrew Nation News: Weekly Alert
To read this weekly report, go here.
9. Bridges for Peace: Weekly News Update To read this report, please go here.
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Bibi's Fiery Speech at the U.N.! - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday invited Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to speak at the Knesset and offered to speak at the PA headquarters in Ramallah to advance peace.
But alongside the overture at the 71st session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York, Netanyahu also delivered a scathing rebuke of the Palestinian leadership, accusing it of "poisoning the future" by inciting terror through educational and TV programs and blasting it for its refusal to recognize Israel as the Jewish state.
The prime minister insisted that peace talks should resume though direct contact, telling Abbas that he is invited to speak "to the Israeli people in the Knesset in Jerusalem" and that he "would gladly come to speak [at] the Palestinian parliament in Ramallah. You have a choice to make," Netanyahu said, still addressing Abbas, who had spoken in the plenum only minutes before. "You can continue to stoke hatred, as you did today. Or you can confront hatred and work with me to establish peace between our two nations."
Reiterating that he remains "committed to a vision of peace based on two states for two people," Netanyahu said that "Israel is ready to negotiate all final status issues," and that "the road to peace is through Jerusalem and Ramallah, not New York." (Read more)
(To view this speech, please go here.)
- Father God, we lift up our voice in prayer asking You to break down the division between Abbas and Netanyahu and pull down all warfare spirits that would adhere to dividing Israel into two states. The Lord God of Israel has so written in His Word that Jerusalem is never to be divided, for it is the homeland of the Jewish people. God, we ask that truth will prevail and the voices of these leaders will stand for truth and that which promotes hatred and division will be taken out by the mighty hand of the Lord God of Israel. Let the voice of the Lord be heard in the ears of the leaders of Israel, and Netanyahu and Abbas come to a God-given agreement. In the Name of Jesus we pray, amen.
- "Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man. Through God we shall do valiantly: for He it is that shall tread down our enemies." (Psalm 60:11-12)
2. Trump to Netanyahu: I will recognize Jerusalem as Israel's united capital - Jerusalem Post
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump hosted Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu privately in his gilded Trump Tower apartment for nearly an hour and a half on Sunday morning.
Under a Trump presidency, the United States will "finally accept the longstanding congressional mandate to recognize Jerusalem as the undivided capital of the State of Israel," his campaign said in a description of the meeting, which was closed to the press.
The two figures also discussed "at length Israel's successful experience with a security fence," which Trump has cited as a model for his proposed US border wall with Mexico, the campaign said, as well as "the nuclear deal with Iran, the battle against ISIS and many other regional security concerns." (Read more)
- Father, we invite Your presence to come upon Donald Trump that he forever recognize Jerusalem as the undivided capital of the State of Israel. Keep him solid and unmovable on this issue. Keep both Donald Trump and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in full agreement regarding a security fence in Israel as well as the proposed border wall in the United States with Mexico. God, move these men to work together on a precise plan of shutting down all negotiations with Iran's nuclear activities. Break the evil powers of ISIS by the striking force coming down from heaven upon every ISIS group in the world that they can no longer exist. Render them totally lifeless. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Behold, I have set the Land before you: go in and possess the Land which the Lord sware unto your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give unto them and to their seed after them. Behold, the Lord your God has set the Land before you: go up and possess it, as the Lord God of your fathers has said unto you; fear not, neither be discouraged." (Deuteronomy 1:8, 21)
3. Britain, France, US seek urgent Security Council meeting on Syria - Times of Israel
Britain, France and the United States have requested an urgent UN Security Council meeting on the escalating campaign in Syria's largest city of Aleppo, diplomats said Saturday. The meeting is likely to be held at 10 am New York time on Sunday, the diplomats said.
Intense air strikes toppled buildings and killed at least 45 civilians in Aleppo on Saturday, two days after the Syrian army announced an offensive to retake the rebel-held east of the city.UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon earlier said he was appalled by the "chilling" upsurge in fighting in Aleppo and warned that the use of advanced weaponry in the battleground city could amount to war crimes. (Read more)
-Lord God Almighty, Satan continues to interrupt Your time table of events, as we clearly see it here in this article that reeks "war crimes," against the civilians of Aleppo, possibly with the intent to start WWIII. We pray You are attentive to their outcries, and supply The Syrian Army with a strategy to retake the rebel-held area east of the city. We ask Your intervention, when Britain, France and the United States come together to seek a very urgent Security Council meeting on Syria, in hopes of an agreement of "cease fire" and of "peace."
- "He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder. He stops wars from the ends of the Earth; he breaks the bows and breaks spears and burns chariots in fire." (Psalm 46:9 )
4. US probes 'IS chemical rocket attack' on American troops in Iraq - BBC
Islamic State militants may have fired a chemical rocket at American troops based in Iraq, the US military says. A rocket that landed within several hundred yards of US troops at Qayyarah air base near Mosul may have contained mustard agent, it said. No-one was hurt in Tuesday's attack on the base, which is home to several hundred US soldiers. If confirmed, it would be the first chemical weapons attack on coalition forces in Iraq. Troops stationed at the base are equipped to deal with chemical attacks.
"On September 20, mid-afternoon Iraq time, the Iraqi air base at [Qayyarah] West came under attack by indirect fire," the Pentagon said in a statement. "An initial test of the remnants of the weapon used returned a positive test for a mustard agent. The device, likely a rocket or mortar, was imprecise and crude."
Following decontamination, no service personnel showed signs or symptoms of mustard exposure, the Pentagon said. "This attack has not impacted our mission in any way, nor have we changed our security posture in the area around [the base]," the statement added. "We train and equip ourselves and our partners for just this type of eventuality." (Read more)
- Father, thank you for protecting the several hundred US soldiers in Iraq from any injury from the IS chemical rocket that was fired recently. Your protection is over these troops. You are glorified for stopping the deadly intentions of those firing this rocket and all other harmful plans of the enemy. Give our troops Your eyes, ears and wisdom to deal with the enemy according to Your plan. You reign in heaven and on earth. You faithfully protect Your people. We thank you and we love you, Lord Jesus, amen.
- "Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms." (Psalm 95:2)
5. Lawmakers vow to override Obama's veto of Sept. 11 bill - Washington Post
Democrats and Republicans are vowing to decisively override President Barack Obama's veto of a bill to allow families of Sept. 11 victims to sue the government of Saudi Arabia for the kingdom's alleged backing of the terrorists who killed nearly 3,000 people.
Obama rejected the bill Friday, warning of a host of unintended and severe consequences if it were enacted. The legislation, according to Obama, could leave American troops and diplomats overseas vulnerable to lawsuits in foreign courts from people seeking redress for actions taken by armed groups that are backed or trained by the United States.
The bill's proponents disputed Obama's rationale, arguing the measure is narrowly tailored and applies only to acts of terrorism that occur on U.S. soil. "This is a disappointing decision that will be swiftly and soundly overturned in Congress," said Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., who sponsored the bill. "If the Saudis did nothing wrong, they should not fear this legislation. If they were culpable in 9/11, they should be held accountable." Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, another of the bill's sponsor, criticized Obama for failing to listen to the families of the victims and said he looked forward to the opportunity for Congress to override the veto.
The bill, which has strained already tense relations with a key Middle East ally, passed the House by voice vote earlier this month. The measure cleared the Senate in May, also by voice vote. (Read more)
- All knowing Father, You are the only one who knows what Congress should do with the bill that would allow the families of Sept. 11 victims to sue Saudi Arabia, as needed. An honest person can only do his best on his own. But with Your wisdom and knowledge all things are possible through You. Our prayer is that every Congressman will seek You for guidance before voting on this bill. Give them courage to do the right thing with no retaliation. Your help is so needed in our nation and we call upon You that Your will be done in this matter. Comfort the families of the victims with Your peace that passes all understanding. We honor You as the true God of all people in all nations. Amen.
- "You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem! Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you." (2 Chronicles 20:17)
6. Charlotte Police Says 70% Of Arrested Protesters Had Out Of State IDs - ZeroHedge.com
Confirming what many had suspected when viewing the sudden and intense collapse into anarchy that occurred in Charlotte this week, Todd Walther, spokesman for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Fraternal Order of Police told CNN's Erin Burnett: "This is not Charlotte that's out here. These are outside entities that are coming in and causing these problems. These are not protestors, these are criminals." (Read more)
- Lord, thank You for the outspoken honesty of Todd Walther regarding the would-be protestors in Charlotte. He calls them criminals for good reason. They are not only causing havoc in Charlotte, but they have destroyed businesses, personal property, stolen whatever they wished and walked about doing criminal acts under the guise of, "It is our right."
Where are the laws protecting against this criminal behavior? Where is the law stating, "You destroy it or cause damage to any property or person, you will be prosecuted and you will pay the cost of rebuilding and restitution of all loss to the property owner." There don't seem to be any consequences for the behavior of these criminals.
Protect the citizens of Charlotte and the law enforcement personnel. Please bring Your laws to our nation. Let Your peace reign. We ask in Your name.
- "Oh that you had headed My commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, And your righteousness like the waves of the sea." (Isaiah 48:18)
7. Homeland Security Chair: 'Good Chance' Mall Shooting is Islamic Terror - Breitbart
Rep. Michael McCaul (R-TX), chair of the House Committee on Homeland Security, told Fox News' Maria Bartiromo on Sunday morning that "there's a good chance" Friday's mass shooting at mall in Washington "could be" Islamic terrorism. McCaul appeared on Sunday Morning Futures to discuss the latest developments in a week of violence, from last weekend's bombings in New York and New Jersey, which were allegedly carried out by Muslim immigrant Ahmad Khan Rahami, to the shooting at the Cascade Mall in Burlington, Washington.
On Saturday evening, police arrested Arcan Cetin, 20, a Muslim immigrant and permanent resident from Turkey, for the shootings, in which four women and one man were killed. Cetin was unarmed at his arrest, though he allegedly used three guns stolen from his father in the shooting.
Thus far, police have suggested that a likely motive for Cetin could have been personal, as his ex-girlfriend worked at the Macy's store in the mall where the shooting began. (Read more)
- Almighty God, as the evil race for power to rule the world and its people escalate, we ask that You aid us in opening doors to bring about a change in our government leadership, so that there is a turning of the tide on the ever increasing random terror attacks.
Father God, those who call American their home, have been lied to long enough! It's high time we as Citizens of the United States of America do our part in voicing our choices in the right kind of government leadership. We must vote in men and women who will be dedicated to accepting this challenge.
Lord, we ask Your guidance in bringing to justice, those individuals who are responsible for fueling the fires of terror, for we say "NO MORE," it's time for changes, "As in heaven, so on earth."
Luke 12:10 "And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do."
8. Team Obama Launches A Shocking Broadside Against Religious Faith - Fox News
"The phrases 'religious liberty' and 'religious freedom' will stand for nothing except hypocrisy so long as they remain code words for discrimination, intolerance, racism, sexism, homophobia, Islamophobia, Christian supremacy or any form of intolerance." -- Those were the word uttered by one Mr. Castro.
Rather, one Martin Castro, the chairman of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, who launched a broadside recently against religious faith, degrading the vision of the Founding Fathers that made this country the envy of the world.
Castro's America would not be recognized by James Madison, who argued that religious conviction ought to be placed ahead of - not behind - the agenda of the State.
Castro, an Obama appointee, released a report on September 7 on protections against discrimination. His finding, in part, is that Americans need to be protected from Bible-thumpers, and anyone else whose beliefs run afoul of the administration's PC police. Religious folk need not apply.
. . . Commissioner Castro has another vision. In the letter addressed to the president, the vice president, and the Speaker of the House, he wrote, "Religious exemptions to the protections of civil rights based upon classifications such as race, color, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, and gender identity, when they are permissible, significantly infringe upon these civil rights." What he is saying is that in 2016 it's Big Brother's responsibility to curtail those exemptions. If that isn't to your liking, you can always move. Maybe to Tripoli. (Read more)
> > > See also: "'Religious freedom' is just a code word for intolerance, says U.S. Civil Rights chairman" - Washington Examiner. Go here.
- Father God, we thank You that this "hidden" report has now come out in the open, and we ask that this move by the U.S. Civil Rights Commission would become a major issue in the remaining weeks of this campaign. For the Obama administration to give these labels to Your people is an abomination, and is against the Constitution of the United States of America. We silence the mouths of those who would speak and/or legislate these lies, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- " . . . the mouths of those who speak lies will be stopped." (Psalm 63:11)
9. Clinton, Trump take distinct paths to debate, now a prime-time, mega event - Fox News
The final hours before the first 2016 presidential debate on Sunday seemed more like the eve of Super Bowl -- with experts offering predictions and strategies, the Clinton and Trump campaigns posturing and Americans wondering who indeed has first-row tickets.
Arguments about whether Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump or Democratic rival Hillary Clinton would do better on substance or style were indeed largely overshadowed this weekend by Trump suggesting Saturday that he'd invite Gennifer Flower, with whom Clinton's husband, former President Bill Clinton, has acknowledged having a sexual encounter. GOP vice-presidential nominee Mike Pence told "Fox News Sunday" that Trump was merely mocking the Clinton campaign for confirming that Trump nemesis-entrepreneur Mark Cuban was indeed invited to a front-row seat at the Hofstra University debate. He argued the campaign was really trying to "distract attention from where the American people are going to be focused," which is picking a president to chart the future of America. (Read more)
- Lord God, we raise up a mighty prayer of intercession over this major debate to be held tonight. Lord God, we ask that You hover over each candidate, keeping each one safe from harm . . . and the moderator, too.
We ask that their messages be clear and easily understood by the voting public, and that the voters be given "wisdom from above" to discern truth from error. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
The Daily Jot
Friday, September 23, 2016
Finding a better way
[ To read this edition of the Jot, go here. ]
Pray for the Debates!
Pray for the Debates!
Submitted by: Cindy Jacobs
Reformation Prayer Network
The Presidential and Vice-Presidential debates have had tremendous influence on elections of the past. We imagine that this will be the case for our upcoming elections in November.
We think there are things that need to be seen and heard from each candidate and their party's platform that will help us know how to vote.
Our job, as always, is to pray and ask God for His wisdom and insight in how to cast our vote. Let's begin by praying for these public debates where many things may be revealed and a nation may see which path to choose.
Please see the prayer guide below that has been put together in a collaborative effort with many other ministries. Christians across the United States from many streams will be praying together with us on this important matter. Feel free to forward this email to everyone you know who will pray.
May God's grace abound,
Mike and Cindy Jacobs
PRAYER FOR OUR NATIONAL PRESIDENTIAL AND VICE-PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES
These upcoming national elections are crucial for America. They will either make or break the nation. The only possible hope for America is PRAYER.
The 2016 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES will have a big impact on what happens in this country for many years to come.
Below is the 2016 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE SCHEDULE:
FIRST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE: MONDAY, SEPT. 26, 2016, AT HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY IN HEMPSTEAD, N.Y.
Moderated by Lester Holt (NBC)
THE FIRST DEBATE WILL CONSIST OF SIX 15-MINUTE SEGMENTS SELECTED BY THE MODERATOR AND ANNOUNCED AHEAD OF THE DEBATE.
VICE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE: TUESDAY, OCT. 4, 2016, AT LONGWOOD UNIVERSITY IN FARMVILLE, VA.
Moderated by Elaine Quijono (CBSN)
THE VICE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE WILL BE DIVIDED INTO NINE 10-MINUTE SEGMENTS.
SECOND PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE: SUNDAY, OCT. 9, 2016, AT WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY IN ST. LOUIS
Moderated by Martha Raddatz (ABC) and Anderson Cooper (CNN)
THE SECOND PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE WILL BE A TOWN MEETING, WHERE HALF OF THE QUESTIONS WILL COME FROM PARTICIPANTS AND THE OTHER FROM THE MODERATORS. THE MODERATORS' QUESTIONS WILL BE BASED ON PUBLIC INTEREST TOPICS DETERMINED VIA SOCIAL MEDIA AND OTHER SOURCES.
THIRD PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE: WEDNESDAY, OCT. 19, 2016 AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA, LAS VEGAS
Moderated by Chris Wallace (FOX news)
THE THIRD PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE WILL HAVE THE SAME FORMAT AS THE FIRST, WITH SIX 15-MINUTE SEGMENTS.
> > > To read the strategic prayer points offered by Cindy Jacobs, please go here.
Thank you, Cindy!
"History belongs to the intercessors who believe the future into being." (Walter Wink)
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
New Pro-Biafra Group Threatens Churches in Nigeria
A new pro-Biafra group, Ancestors Warriors of Biafra (AWOB), has emerged with a threat against churches which encourage their followers to pray for the political and economic survival of Nigeria.
In a statement to journalists in Onitsha, Abia State, the General Commander of the group, General Nworie Onyeabo Ukwani said that the warning had become pertinent as most churches in 'Biafra land' preach for the survival of Nigeria as a country through their crusades, fellowships, regular worship and other intercessory sessions.
STAND UP, STAND UP FOR JESUS
"Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (Ephesians 6:11-12)
Stand up, stand up for Jesus, ye soldiers of the cross; Lift high His royal banner, it must not suffer loss. From victory unto victory His army shall He lead, Till every foe is vanquished, and Christ is Lord indeed.
Stand up, stand up for Jesus, the solemn watchword hear; If while ye sleep He suffers, away with shame and fear; Where'er ye meet with evil, within you or without, Charge for the God of battles, and put the foe to rout.
Stand up, stand up for Jesus, the trumpet call obey; Forth to the mighty conflict, in this His glorious day. Ye that are brave now serve Him against unnumbered foes; Let courage rise with danger, and strength to strength oppose.
Stand up, stand up for Jesus, stand in His strength alone; The arm of flesh will fail you, ye dare not trust your own. Put on the Gospel armor, each piece put on with prayer; Where duty calls or danger, be never wanting there.
Stand up, stand up for Jesus, each soldier to his post, Close up the broken column, and shout through all the host: Make good the loss so heavy, in those that still remain, And prove to all around you that death itself is gain.
Stand up, stand up for Jesus, the strife will not be long; This day the noise of battle, the next the victor's song. To those who vanquish evil a crown of life shall be; They with the King of Glory shall reign eternally.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: George Duffield, Jr., 1858.
Music:George J. Webb, 1830
Signs and Wonders
Coronal Hole Turning Toward Earth
A vast "coronal hole" has opened up in the sun's atmosphere, and it is spewing solar wind into space. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory is monitoring the structure as it turns toward Earth.
Coronal holes are regions in the sun's atmosphere where the magnetic field peels back and allows solar wind to escape. Today's coronal hole is a big one, and the emerging solar wind stream is broad. It is very unlikely to miss Earth when it arrives on Sept. 28-29. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras later this week.
Earlier today, Sept. 25th, Earth crossed through a fold in the heliospheric current sheet--a vast wavy structure in interplanetary space separating regions of opposite magnetic polarity. The crossing sparked a G1-class geomagnetic storm and auroras around the Arctic Circle. Browse the photo gallery for sightings. (Source: Spaceweather.com)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
How One Man Took Up His Cross Against Baal
With little fanfare, a replica arch from the Temple of Baal was unveiled in a New York park, but one righteous man took a stand.
Robert Boatwright quite literally took up his cross in City Hall Park in New York City to protest of the arch this week.
"I felt led to carry a representation of the cross that the Son of God spilled His blood on that we might again dwell in the kingdom of God," Boatwright tells Charisma News. "I also wanted to call attention to the absurdity involved in a tribute to Baal by any affiliation. A temple that involved the sacrifice of infants does not reflect the God-given instinct to survive in humanity. It is akin to placing a reconstructed gate to Auschwitz after it was destroyed and stating it represents humankind's most endearing qualities."
Boatwright says he initially planned to carry the cross by the arch, also known as the Arch of Palmyra, when plans were unveiled for an April arch placement in Times Square. However, plans for that arch where scrapped.
Chris Tomlin - "I Will Rise"
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.
You can review our "Election 2016 Special Edition" by going here, published on Sept. 24, 2016.
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
"So the nations will fear the name of the Lord
And all the kings of the earth Your glory." (Psalm 102:15)
God is using His people to build a Canopy of Prayer across our nation, to stand in the gap before His Throne of Grace in repentance for our personal and national sins; and to pray against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
We meet at 7:00 p.m. EDT, Monday through Friday, in an "open forum." We have no set agenda, but to seek Him daily for the burdens of His heart, and to pray them through . . .
All are welcome to join us in this exciting new venture!
We meet every evening, Monday through Friday.
Time: 7:00 p.m. EDT/6:00 p.m.CDT/5:00 p.m.MDT/4:00 p.m. PDT
Conference number: 605-562-3140
Access Code: 290787#
You can learn more about the history of Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, as well as how Abba has now birthed our Prayer Canopy, by going here.
A Canopy of Worship!
Join us every Saturday evening at 9:00 p.m. as we end our week
by lifting our voices unto Him in song!
All are welcome . . . including everyone!
Date: Every Saturday Night
Time: 9:00 p.m. (NOT 7:00 p.m.!)
Conference Number: 605-562-3140
Access Code: 290787#
"Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the Lord is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations." (Psalm 100)