Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
"But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober." (1 Thess. 5: 4-6)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. PA Official Threatens: If World Not Sympathetic to Arab Cause, Arabs Will Hijack More Planes, Cut off Oil Supply [VIDEO] - Breaking Israel News
Senior Palestinian official and former peace negotiator Nabil Shaath said in an recent interview that if the Western world does not pay attention to the Arab cause, it risks more plane hijackings and global economic crises emanating from the Middle East.
In the interview, translated and released by MEMRI, Shaath slammed efforts to make peace between Israel and the Palestinian Authority and had special criticism for the American role in peace negotiations, saying, "Anything is better than American control of the negotiations. Anything. The US has never been a reliable honest broker. Never."
He added that the US was "the strategic ally of Israel. Period."
2. Don't wait for next president to sign aid deal, US urges Israel - Times of Israel
A senior American official has reportedly urged the Israeli government to sign a 10-year military aid agreement that the Obama administration is offering and not wait for the next US president in the hopes of securing a better deal.
Despite a "particularly challenging budget environment" in the US, the administration is willing to sign a memorandum of understanding for "the largest single pledge of military assistance to any country in US history," a senior US official told the Haaretz newspaper Sunday night.
The official spoke after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told ministers at the weekly cabinet meeting earlier in the day that "perhaps we won't succeed in reaching agreement with this administration and will have to reach an agreement with the next administration."
3. Hamas and Fatah make yet another try at reconciliation - Jerusalem Post
Hamas and Fatah representatives were scheduled to begin talks in Doha, Qatar, on Sunday in yet another bid to end their dispute and implement previous reconciliation agreements signed between the two sides.
On the eve of the talks, both Hamas and Fatah expressed cautious optimism regarding the prospects of reaching a deal that would end their rift.
The Fatah team is led by Azzam al-Ahmed and Sakher Bsaisso, while Hamas dispatched a delegation to the talks headed by Musa Abu Marzouk.
Some reports suggested that Hamas leader Khaled Marshal may participate in the discussions.
4. Herzog: 'Messianic' Bennett would love to kill two-state idea - Israel National News
The Labor party's convention on Sunday evening officially approved its chairman Yitzhak Herzog's "separation" peace plan.
Herzog's plan, which he recently discussed with Secretary of State John Kerry, would form a regional security committee consisting of Egypt, Jordan and Israel together with other Arab states in an effort to eventually establish a Palestinian state.
This committee would coordinate a joint fight against radical Islamic terror and likewise advance "confidence building measures" in the Middle East.
5. Controversial NGO transparency bill passes first vote - Times of Israel
The Knesset on Monday passed the first reading of a controversial NGO transparency bill which seeks to force groups to declare foreign funding.
The draft legislation passed with 50 lawmakers voting in favor and 43 against.
During a fierce debate in the Knesset ahead of the vote, MK Hanin Zoabi was removed from the podium after exceeding her allotted time. Zoabi defended her decision to meet last week with the families of Palestinian terrorists, speaking just hours after the Knesset ethics committee voted to suspend her and two other Arab MKs.
6. Israel mulling twin gas pipelines to Turkey, Greece - Times of Israel
Israel is looking to exploit its substantial natural gas reserves with two potential pipeline projects to Turkey and Greece, its Energy Minister Yuval Steinitz announced Sunday.
"If things improve with Turkey. . . gas could both be sold to Turkey, and to Greece via Turkey," Steinitz told Kathimerini daily.
Israel and Turkey have reportedly been working on a rapprochement after falling out over the storming by Israeli commandos in 2010 of a Turkish flotilla to Gaza.
7. S & P's confirms Israel's A+ credit rating with a stable outlook - YNET News
International credit rating company Standard & Poor's on Friday said that it was leaving Israel's credit rating unchanged at A+ with a stable outlook.
This was S & P's second rating confirmation since their representative's last annual visit of Israel in June, 2015.
The company's announcement stated that "the stable outlook reflects our expectation that the government will maintain stable public finances and that the impact of security risks on the Israeli economy will be contained over the next two years."
The Daily Brief
1. North Korea rocket launch may spur U.S. missile defense buildup in Asia - Reuters
North Korea's latest rocket launch might kick off a buildup of U.S. missile defense systems in Asia, U.S. officials and missile defense experts said, something that could further strain U.S.-China ties and also hurt relations between Beijing and Seoul. North Korea says it put a satellite into orbit on Sunday, but the United States and its allies see the launch as cover for Pyongyang's development of ballistic missile technology that could be used to deliver a nuclear weapon.
Washington sought to reassure its allies South Korea and Japan of its commitment to their defense after the launch, which followed a North Korean nuclear test on Jan. 6. The United States and South Korea said they would begin formal talks about deploying the sophisticated Terminal High Altitude Area Defense system, or THAAD, to the Korean peninsula "at the earliest possible date."
South Korea had been reluctant to publicly discuss the possibility due to worries about upsetting China, its biggest trading partner. (Read more)
- We look to You, Our Lord, for protection from this renegade country that wants to dominate the area and terrorize countries far away. In the mighty name of Jesus, we bind up the nuclear ambitions of Kim Jong Un and call him into the obedience of the Lord. Please work in his life as only You can, Dear Lord, and bring sanity to this horribly oppressed and poverty stricken country. We speak wisdom to our leaders and a spirit of cooperation among the nations who are being threatened by this totally unreasonable man. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ." (2 Corinthians 10:5)
2. North Korea's "successful" satellite in orbit, but tumbling and useless - ARS Technica
On Sunday, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea) launched a rocket carrying a satellite into orbit despite protests from neighboring countries and the US that it is a violation of previous agreements on missile testing. The Kwangmyŏngsŏng-4 satellite, an "earth observation satellite" ostensibly for monitoring agricultural output, apparently reached orbit. But the satellite is apparently tumbling out of control, according to a US Department of Defense official. (Read more)
- "The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
3. Border agent: 'We might as well abolish our immigration laws altogether' - Washington Examiner
In a shocking reversal of policy, U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents are being told to release illegal immigrants and no longer order them to appear at deportation hearings, essentially a license to stay in the United States, a key agent testified Thursday. What's more, the stand down order includes a requirement that the whereabouts of illegals released are not to be tracked. "We might as well abolish our immigration laws altogether," suggested agent Brandon Judd, president of the National Border Patrol Council.
Testifying on the two-year border surge of immigrant youths, Judd said the policy shift was prompted by Obama administration "embarrassment" that just over half of illegals ordered to appear in court actually do. "The willful failure to show up for court appearances by persons that were arrested and released by the Border Patrol has become an extreme embarrassment for the Department of Homeland Security. It has been so embarrassing that DHS and the U.S. attorney's office has come up with a new policy," he testified before the immigration subcommittee of the House Judiciary Committee. (Read more)
- Dear God, This country's immigration laws are just foolish. The illegals are told not to appear at the deportation hearings and our Border patrol agents are told not to track them. Father, even a child can see the ignorance of this policy as it puts our citizens at risk. We now do not know where they are because they are hidden in darkness. Lord Jesus, we rely on you to bring things hidden into Your marvelous light. We ask You to deliver this nation and its people from every evil work that has come from the kingdom of darkness. We decree that truth and knowledge will overcome evil! In the Mighty name of Jesus we pray, Amen.
- "Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will stand up for me against those who practice iniquity? Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul would soon have settled in silence." (Psalm 94:16-17)
"But You have saved us from our enemies, And have put to shame those who hated us." (Psalm 44:7)
4. Obama DHS scrubs records of hundreds of Muslim terrorists - WND
Not only did the Obama administration scrub counter-terror programs of jihad and Islam, now we find out that his administration scrubbed the records of Muslim terrorists. If the enemedia were not aligned with the jihad force, this would be front-page news across the nation.
An agent of the Department of Homeland Security, or DHS, for 15 years, Philip Haney, reported Friday that after the Christmas Day underwear bomber, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, tried to blow up a crowded passenger jet over Detroit, "President Obama threw the intelligence community under the bus for its failure to 'connect the dots.' He said, 'This was not a failure to collect intelligence; it was a failure to integrate and understand the intelligence that we already had.'"
Haney revealed: "Most Americans were unaware of the enormous damage to morale at the Department of Homeland Security, where I worked, his condemnation caused. His words infuriated many of us because we knew his administration had been engaged in a bureaucratic effort to destroy the raw material - the actual intelligence we had collected for years, and erase those dots. The dots constitute the intelligence needed to keep Americans safe, and the Obama administration was ordering they be wiped away." (Read more)
- We thank You, Father, that Phil Haney has brought this to the attention of the American people. We ask for divine protection over him and his family. Keep them from any retaliation by the government for revealing the destroying of the records of Muslim terrorists and the counter terror programs that our DHS has been gathering for years. We ask You, God, to give courage to the media so that they ignore their gag order and come forward with the truth that Mr. Haney has uncovered.
Father we ask that You bless our Homeland Security agents with supernatural wisdom and knowledge as they try to protect us from all terrorist attacks. Restore their morale and give them strength. God, forgive our president for putting our nation at risk once again. Arise, oh Lord with protection in Your wings! In Jesus name we pray, Amen
- "For rebellion is like the sin of divination and arrogance, like the evil of idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He will reject you as King." (1 Samuel 15:23)
5. Twitter takes cyber battle to ISIS, shuts down over 125,000 terrorist accounts - Fox News
Twitter has suspended over 125,000 accounts for threatening or promoting terrorist acts since mid-2015, the social media site announced Friday.
The sites were primarily related to Islamic State, Twitter explained, in a blog post. "We condemn the use of Twitter to promote terrorism and the Twitter Rules make it clear that this type of behavior, or any violent threat, is not permitted on our service," it said. "As the nature of the terrorist threat has changed, so has our ongoing work in this area."
ISIS is adept at using social media, including Twitter, as a propaganda and recruitment tool. In its blog post, Twitter explained that it has also increased the size of the teams that review reports, significantly reducing its response time. "We also look into other accounts similar to those reported and leverage proprietary spam-fighting tools to surface other potentially violating accounts for review by our agents," it said. "We have already seen results, including an increase in account suspensions and this type of activity shifting off of Twitter." (Read more)
- Praise You, Lord, for this wise action from Twitter. We pray that ALL accounts that inspire and facilitate terrorism will be discovered and deleted. We pray that those involved will be brought to justice. Lord, use this form of communication to instead build Your Kingdom. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.
- "For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." (Ecclesiastes 12:14)
6. Swine flu to KILL OFF ISIS: Panicked Daesh issues urgent health warning after dozens die - Express UK
Panicking ISIS could be crippled by the deadly virus after residents living under the ISIS reign - also known as Daesh - reported a "mysterious epidemic" sweeping through the region.
A human rights monitor group based in ISIS-ruled territories revealed the outbreak had infected "dozens of civilians in the countryside of Raqqa", where the terror group has set up its headquarters.
The reported death toll, which rose to "around 20 people" this week, has put the panicked terrorists on edge and prompted a desperate health shut down.
According to watchdog Raqqa Is Being Slaughtered Silently (RIBSS), the epidemic had triggered "panic among civilians" and taken the lives of at least two children so far. (Read more)
- Father God, we know that You find no pleasure in the death of the wicked. We pray for Your protection to rest upon the innocent civilians in this region, who are not a part of ISIS. And for those who are ISIS barbarians, we ask the You would use this outbreak to strike the fear of God into their hearts, leading to repentance and salvation. We ask this in Your name, amen and amen.
- "It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God." (Hebrews 10:31)
7. Obama to release $4 trillion-plus budget for 2017 - AP
President Barack Obama is unveiling his eighth and final budget, a $4 trillion-plus proposal that's freighted with liberal policy initiatives and new and familiar tax hikes - all sent to a dismissive Republican-controlled Congress that simply wants to move on from his presidency.
The budget will be released Tuesday morning, the same day as the New Hampshire primary when it's likely to get little attention. It comes as the deficit, which had been falling over the duration of Obama's two terms, has begun to creep up, above the half-trillion mark. The budget deficit, after hitting a whopping $1.4 trillion in Obama's first year, dropped to a relatively manageable $439 billion last year. But a softening economic outlook, combined with a round of tax cuts and increased spending enacted by Congress last year, will make the deficit problem about $1.5 trillion worse over the coming 10 years, according to the latest Congressional Budget Office estimate. (Read more)
- Father God, we repent for continuing to live beyond our means. We pray for leaders on both sides of the aisle to develop a budget that honors the sacrifice made by citizens of this country through taxation. We pray that those in authority would resist the urge to feel entitled to the labor of the citizens of this nation and truly use restraint in spending. Deliver us, O Lord, from this national debt and deficit spending for the sake of our children and grandchildren, in Jesus Name, Amen.
- "Pray for rulers and for all who have authority so that we can have quiet and peaceful lives full of worship and respect for God. This is good, and it pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to know the truth." (1 Timothy 2:2-4)
8. Global stocks hit the rocks after Asian markets slump - Reuters
A drop in bank shares kept European shares under pressure on Tuesday, after losses in Asian markets sent investors scurrying for safe havens. Turmoil in Asia set the tone for the session, as yields on longer-term Japanese bonds fell below zero for the first time, the yen surged to a 15-month peak and gold reached its highest since June.
"There is a high probability of a further correction in equity prices, led by banking and energy stocks. There could be a wave of defaults in the energy sector and that will damage the balance sheet of the banking sector," said Lorne Baring, managing director of B Capital Wealth Management. Slowing global growth was clouding the outlook further, he added. "We are advising our investors to drastically reduce risk and build protection." (Read more)
- Father God, we know life savings are being impacted and a great transfer of wealth is happening in and through this market volatility. Lord, we pray for Your plan and purpose to be accomplished, and for futility on the part of those who would manipulate the markets to their own desires. Bring Your Peace, Lord Jesus, in Your name, Amen.
- "Honest scales and balances belong to the Lord; all the weights in the bag are of his making." (Proverbs 16:11)
9. Un-Mosquing Obama's Fairytale Version of American History - Eagle Rising
Nearly one year ago to the day, "Obama's Fictional History About Islam and the Crusades" was published in response to Obama's false remarks about Christianity, the Crusades, and Islam- at a national prayer breakfast. Around the same time Obama refused to aid Jordan in its fight against ISIS- modern-day Islamic crusaders.
Obama's lies about Islam, denial of historical facts and invention of entirely fictional ones continue. Contrary to Obama's claims, historical facts reveal that Islam has never been a friend of America. Ever.
The early Americans knew full well world history, which meant they were well aware that their new enemy had been invading the West since the 7th Century. (Read more)
- Jehovah-Nissi, come and give us victory over the lies of Islam. You are our Most High God and we worship and adore You. Once again we ask you to visit Barack Obama and teach him Your Truth. Forgive him for speaking only lies about Islam. Father, show him that there is nothing peaceful about Islam. We ask that the Light of the Gospel invade the darkness of the heart of Barack Hussein Obama, leading him to You. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, we pray, Amen.
- "Truly, these times of ignorance, God overlooked, But now commands all men everywhere to repent." (Acts 17:30)
10. Wheaton College, 'Same God' Professor Agree to Part Ways After 9 Years - Christian Post
Wheaton College and Associate Professor of Political Science Dr. Larycia Hawkins, who was facing disciplinary action for saying that Muslims and Christians worship the same God, have reached a confidential agreement, according to which Hawkins will leave the college, the evangelical institution said on Saturday. The college and Hawkins "have come together and found a mutual place of resolution and reconciliation" and have reached "a confidential agreement under which they will part ways," Wheaton College and the professor announced in a joint statement.
"Wheaton College sincerely appreciates Dr. Hawkins' contributions to this institution over the last nine years," said Wheaton College President Dr. Philip Graham Ryken. "We are grateful for her passionate teaching, scholarship, community service and mentorship of our students."
Hawkins, whose tenure was suspended after she wrote in a Facebook post on Dec. 10 that Muslims and Christians "worship the same God," was also quoted in the joint statement. "I appreciate and have great respect for the Christian liberal arts and the ways that Wheaton College exudes that in its mission, programs, and in the caliber of its employees and students," she said. (Read more)
- Father God, as Your plumbline is held up as a standard for Christians, especially in education, we pray that Your people will remain loyal to what You have taught us in Your Word and revealed to us in matters of everyday living. You have written Your laws on our hearts so that we can discern between eternal truth and a deceitful lie. We pray that those who think that You, O Lord, are the same as a god who demands bondage and bloodshed, will see clearly how very different You truly are. Turn compassion for these people into efforts to evangelize them. We ask this in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ, amen.
- "And the Lord said to me, 'Amos, what do you see?' I answered, 'A plumb line.' And the Lord replied, 'I will test my people with this plumb line.' I will no longer ignore their sins.'" (Amos 7:8)
11. Colombia: 3,177 Pregnant Women With Zika; No Microcephaly - ABC News
Colombia's President Juan Manuel Santos said Saturday that there's no evidence Zika has caused any cases of the birth defect known as microcephaly in his country, though it has diagnosed 3,177 pregnant women with the virus.
Santos also announced that a U.S. medical-scientific team will arrive in Colombia to help investigate the mosquito-borne virus.
Brazilian officials say they suspect Zika is behind a seemingly unusual number of microcephaly cases, in which children are born with unusually small heads. The link is not confirmed, but it has helped prompt the World Health Organization to declare an emergency over the virus. (Read more)
- Father God, we know pregnant women with the Zika virus in South America are being encouraged to abort their babies. We pray Lord, that they will trust You with the lives of their little ones and bring these babies to term. Help them not to be afraid or to believe lies from the enemy. Protect these little ones, in Jesus Holy Name, Amen.
- "I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him." (Deuteronomy 30:19-20, excerpt)
The Daily Jot
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Race, politics, and God's word
Galatians 3:28 says, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22 says, "Even the righteousness of God which is by faith in Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference." Joel 2:29 says, "And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit." It is obvious that the Lord sees no distinction between men and women, also Jew or Gentile (meaning creed or color), or station in life when it comes to how he views those who believe. So why then is it so difficult for those in the human race to view people in that same way?
There are some who will read this and lecture about there being only one race--the human race. I get that and believe it to be true. Notwithstanding, we still have in this nation and, quite frankly, around the world, problems with dealing with those who look differently than we do. It makes it a little easier if we know we are dealing with believers, but there are still barriers a lot of the time. This is a very difficult and tender subject to approach. Society is divisive. Politicians, especially politicians, are divisive as they benefit from pitting people against one another. They fan the flames and fuel the fires rather than contributing to meaningful dialogue that brings people together.
This is the season of politics in America. There are a lot of people who are making political statements. There are many out there who unknowingly are manipulated into a way of thinking that is not in accordance with the word of God. There are many who want to control others and the way they do it is through propagating a victim mentality. The problem is, people fall for it, no matter the color of their skin or their station in life or their religious persuasion. But there is a greater mandate that those of us who call ourselves Christian must follow, especially as the times grow darker. It is a higher standard--one to which we must aspire.
Jesus said in Matthew 7:1-2, "Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you measure, it shall be measured to you again." I often rephrase this in my mind to say: don't judge from the content of my own heart. Our job is, as Jesus said in John 13:34, "A new commandment I give unto you, That you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another." And we are to, as Jesus said in Mark 16:15, "go into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." When you are faced with what society calls racism or political division, use it as an opportunity to educate about the Word of God in a way that folks can understand and receive it (not by lecturing or by being judgmental or self righteous). The world needs light, we have it. Let's shine it!
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Statement from FRC
Presidential Candidates Should Oppose Forcing Women to Register for Selective Service Says FRC Action's General Boykin
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Lt. Gen. (Ret.) Jerry Boykin, Family Research Council Action's Executive Vice President, released the following statement regarding comments made during Saturday's presidential debate in which several candidates expressed support for requiring women to register for Selective Service:
"Some of the presidential candidates appear to be espousing the politically correct position that women should be required to register with Selective Service. In supporting this draft registration policy, these candidates demonstrate a serious misunderstanding of the imperative for combat effectiveness and of the American people. Ask the question of why America, since the passage of the Selective Service Act, has never required women to register for the military draft. Americans do not want the government to send our daughters into battle against their will, and it is frankly shocking that any Republican candidate for president would not oppose the suggestion in the strongest terms.
"The real issue is whether we should place women in Infantry and Special Operations units where the mission is to close with and destroy the enemy. Removing the restrictions on the types of jobs women may hold means necessarily that some women who are drafted will be involuntarily assigned to units that will be directly engaged in combat with enemy ground forces. Every candidate who wants to earn the trust of the American people should oppose the Obama administration's policy that is paving the way for requiring our daughters to go to war against their will," concluded Boykin.
Source: Family Research Council Read more here.
Failing Our Children . . .
Failing Our Children; Failing America
I saw this depressing headline recently: "U.S. Schools Get Failing Grade For Financial Literacy Education." According the report, fewer than half of the states require high school students to take a basic economics class. Even fewer require students to take courses in personal finance.
Needless to say, this lack of basic education helps to explain this headline: "Young Voters Prefer Bernie Sanders. . ."
Exit polls from the Iowa caucuses found Sanders winning the Millennial generation by margins that would have made members of the Soviet Politburo blush. One columnist declared that even though the candidates tied, "Sanders won the future" of the Democrat Party.
I don't know about you, but I don't want to turn America into another failed "workers' paradise" like Cuba, where toilet paper can be hard to find.
But there is good news. Guess what 55% of college students said was their most trusted source for financial information? It wasn't Google. It wasn't their friends or even liberal college professors. It was PARENTS!
So, here's your homework assignment for the weekend: Please, please, please talk to your children, especially if they are voting-age high school seniors or college students.
Remind them that the government does not produce wealth. The only money it has is what it takes from the people who do create wealth. (Gary Bauer, End-of-Day, Friday, Feb. 5, 2016)
NDP Guide to Election Prayers
NDP Guide to Election Prayers
The National Day of Prayer Task Force has released this excellent guide to prayer for the elections, for use throughout this year.
This prayer guide was written by Dave Butts, Chairman, National Prayer Committee.
To access this guide to intercession, please go here.
The Persecuted Church
Iranian-Backed Militias Displace Iraqi Christians From Their Homes
Iran-backed militias have seized homes, businesses and cultural sites, including churches belonging to Baghdad's Christian communities, forcing individuals to resettle and forfeit all their belongings, according to members of the Christian members of the Iraqi Parliament.
The militias have targeted properties belonging to Christians, forcing individuals to leave the area, according to Christian community leaders, including representatives from the Assyrian, Chaldean and Syriac minorities, as well as the Chaldean Patriarch of Iraq who have condemned the attacks, calling them a form of ethnic cleansing aimed to rid Baghdad of its Christians.
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
ONWARD, CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS
"Do not be discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's." (2 Chronicles 20:15)
Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war, With the cross of Jesus going on before. Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe; Forward into battle see His banners go!
Refrain Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war, With the cross of Jesus going on before.
At the sign of triumph Satan's host doth flee; On then, Christian soldiers, on to victory! Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise; Brothers lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
Like a mighty army moves the church of God; Brothers, we are treading where the saints have trod. We are not divided, all one body we, One in hope and doctrine, one in charity.
What the saints established that I hold for true. What the saints believèd, that I believe too. Long as earth endureth, men the faith will hold, Kingdoms, nations, empires, in destruction rolled.
Crowns and thrones may perish, kingdoms rise and wane, But the church of Jesus constant will remain. Gates of hell can never gainst that church prevail; We have Christ's own promise, and that cannot fail.
Onward then, ye people, join our happy throng, Blend with ours your voices in the triumph song. Glory, laud and honor unto Christ the King, This through countless ages men and angels sing.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Sabine Baring-Gould, 1865
Music: Arthur S. Sullivan, 1871
This hymn was sung at the funeral of American president Dwight Eisenhower at the National Cathedral, Washington, DC, March 1969.
About the Hymn:
Baring-Gould wrote about this hymn:
"Whit-Monday is a great day for school festivals in Yorkshire. One Whit-Monday, thirty years ago, it was arranged that our school should join forces with that of a neighboring village. I wanted the children to sing when marching from one village to another, but couldn't think of anything quite suitable; so I sat up at night, resolved that I would write something myself. "Onward, Christian Soldiers" was the result. It was written in great haste, and I am afraid some of the rhymes are faulty. Certainly nothing has surprised me more than its popularity. I don't remember how it got printed first, but I know that very soon it found its way into several collections. I have written a few other hymns since then, but only two or three have become at all well-known."
Signs and Wonders
NASA releases stunning 360-degree Mars video
Want to know what life is like on Mars? NASA has released an incredible 360-degree video that lets you scroll around the red planet's surface.
The video, which was taken by a camera on NASA's Curiosity rover, was posted to YouTube Monday by the space agency's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
"This view of the downwind face of 'Namib Dune' on Mars covers 360 degrees, including a portion of Mount Sharp on the horizon," explained the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory. "The site is part of the dark-sand 'Bagnold Dunes' field along the northwestern flank of Mount Sharp."
The component images of the scene were taken on Dec. 18, 2015 by the Curiosity rover's Mast Camera, according to NASA. (Fox News) Read more and view footage here.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Incredible Divine Appointments Among Muslims: Missionaries' New Documentary Has College Students Blown Away
(Iraq)-Tyler Connell with the Ekballo Project has been touring college campuses around the U.S., sharing stories and videos from his most recent trip to Middle East, where he documented a dramatic move of God among Muslims, particularly with refugees.
In the last few months, he and his team visited Harvard, MIT, Iowa State, Clemson, and the University of Georgia, among other campuses. "In every stop we saw the presence of Jesus break in to these college campuses and touch students, with bodies healed, people saved, and people giving their lives to serve in the mission field," Connell exclaims.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Come Alive" (Dry Bones)