CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Tuesday, February 23, 2016
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
"The LORD will cause His voice of authority
to be heard." (Isaiah 30:30)
"His sovereignty rules over all." (Psalm 103:19)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Storms, heavy rains hit Israel from north to south - YNET News
Stormy weather hit the country Monday morning from north to south, with significant flooding in the Ein Gedi region as well as in Safed.
The rainfall in Safed broke all records with 18 hours of non-stop rain and no less than 70 mm of rain - about a fifth of the total amount that has fallen from the beginning of winter.
2. Army intelligence warns Fatah militants may join terror wave - Times of Israel
Military Intelligence officials warned last month that with no peace process on the horizon, the armed wing of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah movement and members of the PA security forces could join the near-daily attacks on Israeli soldiers and civilians in the West Bank.
Briefing the security cabinet, the army officials said that the terror wave that began in October 2015 would escalate if Israel did not make efforts to engage diplomatically with the Palestinians, Channel 10 reported. Military Intelligence chief Major-General Herzl Halevi and other security officials presented this assessment on January 24, as part of an annual evaluation of the security situation.
Fatah's Tanzim terror group has "thousands" of operatives in the West Bank, the report said, while several recent stabbing and shooting attacks, some of them deadly, were carried out by PA policemen.
3. Chilling Details Emerge From Thwarted Jerusalem Hamas Plot to Assassinate Netanyahu in Terror Attack - Algemeiner
Details of a thwarted Hamas-hatched plan to assassinate Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu were revealed for the first time on Sunday, after a two-month interrogation of the suspects involved, the Hebrew news site Walla reported.
According to the report, the plot was made public with the Attorney General's indictment last month of two of the terrorists, including the head of the cell, a 25-year-old from Kfar Yassuf in the West Bank who had rented an apartment in the Abu Dis neighborhood of east Jerusalem.
Ahmed Azzam was in the advanced stages of establishing Hamas infrastructure in the West Bank and east Jerusalem, with funding and direction from Hamas in Gaza, the indictment said. To this end, he had purchased chemical materials and rented the apartment in east Jerusalem, where he set up an explosives lab. Also, according to the indictment, Azzam recruited the terrorist who was tasked with transporting the bombs beyond the Green Line.
- Abba, we thank You that this plot was revealed. We thank You that it was not allowed to happen. We lift up Prime Minister Netanyahu before Your throne and we ask for continued protection for him and his family. We ask that You send legions of angels to stand guard at his residence and his office. Bless him, guide him, give him revelation and discernment for Your will. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
4.Rash of Gaza suicides points to rising poverty, despair - Times of Israel
Media in Gaza reported on Friday that a Palestinian fell to his death from the sixth floor of a building in Rafah in the southern Strip. Less than 24 hours later, reports emerged to the effect that the man, who was in his 20s, had committed suicide.
A week earlier, a 33-year-old Palestinian, a resident of Bani Suhaila, near Khan Younis, doused himself with flammable liquid and set himself on fire. At first it was reported that he had done so because of a financial dispute with his father. His parents denied this.
A few days before that, there were reports of another young Palestinian man, from the center of the Gaza Strip, found dead in a field. The circumstances of his death were not immediately clear.
- Father God, we ask for Your mercy and love to be shown to all of the Arab Israelis. We ask for the money that has been given to improve conditions in those areas to be used for the purposes it was given for. Father, we ask for forgiveness for the leaders of Hamas. Please show them Your truth and convict their hearts of wrong doings and lies they have told. We ask that You pour out Your love to all the Arab Israelis and Jewish people living in the land. May they feel the love of Yahweh in their lives, and have their eyes opened to Yeshua. We pray these things in the name of Yeshua, amen.
5. Israel intercepts Gaza-bound drone shipment - Israel Hayom
Israeli security personnel at Kerem Shalom crossing uncover shipment of drones disguised as toys bound for Gaza. It is believed the drones, all of which were equipped with quality cameras, were meant to be used to gather intelligence on IDF activities.
- Heavenly Father, we ask for Your protection over the IDF. We pray that You strengthen them, protect them, and their technology, and give them revelations of enemy plots to attack. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
6. Battle of the Bible: Knesset members stand divided on origin of the Jews - Jerusalem Post
Sorry for the triviality, but shouldn't the Education Minister know that according to the Torah, we came here from Egypt?" asked Stav Shafir.
Education Minister Naftali Bennett's announcement on Monday that next year's theme for the education system will be a "United Jerusalem" sparked sharp criticism from opposition leader Isaac Herzog.
"I am proud to announce that on the 50th anniversary of the liberation of Jerusalem, next year the school system will dedicate the year to our united capital," Bennett wrote on Facebook.
Each year the Education Ministry chooses a theme for the school year. Last year's theme was "Meaningful Learning" and this year's theme is "The Other is Me."
As part of the theme, Bennett announced that pupils will take field trips to the capital and tour numerous sites including the Old City, the Knesset, the High Court and memorial sites.
- Abba, we pray for unity among the members of the Knesset. We pray against pride, arrogance, and selfish ambitions. We pray for our brothers- Your sons and daughters- whom have forgotten their history. We pray that You would cause them to remember the stories of their ancestors. Cause them to seek Your truth and study Your Word. We pray that You would guide their path back to You, Your teachings, and instructions. May their hearts long for You just as David's did. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
The Daily Brief
1. Obama presents plan to close Guantanamo, move detainees to US - Fox News
President Obama detailed Tuesday a four-point plan he'll submit to Congress to eventually close the detention facility at Guantanamo, Cuba -- a plan that includes releasing more of the remaining 91 detainees, while transferring others to an as-yet determined facility on U.S. soil.
Much of the president's plan, which represents a final effort to fulfill his 2008 campaign pledge to close the facility, still must be approved by Congress . . . (Read more)
- Lord God, even though Obama has now announced these plans, we thank You that none of these actions will be taken tomorrow, but will instead occur over a period of time. We cover each detainee that will be released upon our soil, or deported to other countries, in the blood of the Lamb, that their actions will be restrained by Your Hand. We ask wisdom for Congress when it, too, is consulted. Save us, O Lord, from our enemies, and help our nation remain in peace. In Jesus' name, amen.
- " You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." (John 14:14)
2. Obama: National Debt Problem 'Is Very Simple': 'We Use A Lot of Healthcare' - CNSNews.com
"The real problem that we have when it comes to debt is very simple," President Obama told the nation's governors on Monday. "It is that our population's getting older, and we use a lot of health care. And health care -- we spend more for less, frankly, than most other advanced nations, partly because we do a lot of emergency room care. Some of it is because we, you know, overprescribe, we over-test. Some of it is we drive innovation and technology, and people always want the best stuff, but that costs money. "Some of it is because -- the accident of how our health care system evolved means that we got private-sector involvement, and they've got to make a profit, and they've got overhead, and so forth. So there are a whole bunch of reasons, but essentially, we spend about 6 to 8 percent more than our wealthy nation counterparts, per capita, on health care. That delta -- that difference -- is our debt." (Read more)
- Father God, we lift up our nation's finances to You and pray our leaders would act in Godly wisdom, in the precious Name of Jesus, we pray, Amen.
- "For wisdom is protection just as money is protection, but the advantage of knowledge is that wisdom preserves the lives of its possessors." (Ecclesiastes 7:12)
3. The U.S. States Where Recession Is Already a Reality - Bloomberg
As economists size up the chances of the first nationwide slump since 2009, pockets of the country are already contracting. Four states -- Alaska, North Dakota, West Virginia and Wyoming -- are in a recession, and three others are at risk of prolonged declines, according to indexes of state economic performance tracked by Moody's Analytics.
The regions suffering the most are in the flop stage of the energy industry's boom-to-bust cycle, and manufacturing-dependent areas hurt by a rising dollar are at risk of receding. Whether the weak links break the entire U.S. economy will hinge largely on a group that's benefited from the energy price collapse: American consumers. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we pray for Your help in preparing for this coming season. We also pray for You to increase our faith; help us to rely upon You for all our needs, in Jesus Name, Amen.
- But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who long for your saving help always say, "The Lord is great!" But as for me, I am poor and needy; come quickly to me, O God. You are my help and my deliverer; Lord, do not delay. (Psalms 70:4-5)
4. The Obama Administration Wants to Make Sure Non-Citizens Vote in the Upcoming Election - National Review
Several well-funded organizations - including the League of Women Voters and the NAACP - are fighting efforts to prevent non-citizens from voting illegally in the upcoming presidential election. And the United States Department of Justice, under the direction of Attorney General Loretta Lynch, is helping them.
On February 12, these groups filed a lawsuit in D.C. federal court seeking to reverse a recent decision by the U.S. Election Assistance Commission (EAC). The Commission's decision allows Kansas and other states, including Arizona and Georgia, to enforce state laws ensuring that only citizens register to vote when they use a federally designed registration form. An initial hearing in the case was set for Monday afternoon, February 22. (Read more)
- Father God, we cover our elections with the blood of Jesus of Nazareth and we pray that the true will of only eligible voters will be expressed in each election throughout our nation, we pray in Your Name Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son." (Colossians 1:13)
5. FBI Confirms Act of Terror in Ohio: Muslim Machete Attacker on Terror Watchlist - Breitbart
Authorities have confirmed that the machete-wielding attacker, who slashed guests at an Ohio restaurant, was an immigrant and that the incident is being investigated as an terror attack. Mohamed Barry, a Muslim immigrant from Guinea, charged into the Nazareth Restaurant and Deli in Columbus, Ohio, on Feb. 11 and immediately began attacking innocent patrons with a machete, according to reports.
The Columbus Dispatch reported, 'The owner of the Nazareth Restaurant and Deli said he believes his business was targeted because of his Israeli descent.' He and others immediately said the attack was an act of terror. The suspect allegedly shouted 'Allahu Akbar' as he hacked at patrons with his machete, and the scene of the attack was called a "bloodbath" by the victims. Police soon arrived on the scene, but the suspect lunged at them with a knife, at which point they fired their service weapons hitting him and killing him.
Tragically, the owner of the restaurant, Hany Baransi, has announced he will permanently close his restaurant. Some of the victims of the attack, all of whom are expected to make a successful recovery, recently returned to the restaurant for a celebration of life. (Read more)
- Thank You Lord, that the FBI now sees that this was an act of terrorism. Praise you, Jesus , that those who were injured are now recovering and celebrating life! We speak peace and blessings over Hany Baranse as he closes his restaurant and begins his new journey. Hover over our land, Holy Spirit, and search out those who would cause us harm. In Jesus name. Amen.
- "A little while and the wicked will be no more, though you look for them, they will be no more." (Psalm 37: 10)
6. CIA Director Warns Islamic State Attack on U.S. "Inevitable" - Breitbart
In his 60 Minutes interview last Sunday, CIA Director John Brennan warned that Islamic State attacks (ISIS/ISIL) on U.S. soil are 'inevitable.' He came close to blaming political correctness for interfering with efforts to detect and thwart terror plots.
When interviewer Scott Pelley asked if Brennan expects an Islamic State attack in the United States, the CIA director replied, 'I'm expecting them to try to put in place the operatives, the material or whatever else that they need to do or to incite people to carry out these attacks, clearly. I don't think their successes necessarily are." (Read more)
- Father, we come before You and cancel the words of our CIA director about an attack being inevitable in the US. God You are our defense in perilous times and we look to You to give our intelligence agencies supernatural wisdom and our great military strength and knowledge. JEHOVAH JIREH provide our defense! In Jesus name we pray, Amen.
- "Because your rage against me and your tumult have come up to my ears, Therefore I will put My hook in your nose, And My bridle in your lips, And I will turn you back By the way which you came." (2 Kings 19: 28)
7. ISIS releases 43 Assyrian Christian hostages in Syria - Christian Today
ISIS has today released 43 Assyrian Christians, the last remaining hostages of a group abducted in northern Syria almost exactly one year ago.
The Assyrian Church of the East's Diocese of Syria has confirmed that the 43 were among more than 200 people abducted from villages along the Khabour River on 23 February 2015. ISIS militants undertook raids on a number of Assyrian villages near Tel Hmar, burning churches and forcing hundreds of families to flee.
ISIS has now released all of the captives, many of whom were women and children. 'No hostages remain and any reports quoting other figures to the contrary are unsubstantiated,' the Assyrian Church of the East Relief Organisation (ACERO) said today. "ACERO wishes to extend its unreserved thanks to all those supporters, both institutional and individual, who have stood with the Assyrians of Syria in this arduous 12-month period," a statement from the organization added.
"While this news thankfully marks the end of the most recent tribulation, we mourn the tremendous losses, both human and material, suffered by the indigenous Assyrians of Syria. The destruction of their livelihoods in the historic Khabur villages is a loss for the Assyrian nation and for Syria as a whole." (Read more)
- We rejoice, Dear Lord, at the release of these hostages and cry out that no more will be successfully taken from this war- and terrorist-ravaged area. We pray for them to be healed of the abuse they have suffered in captivity. Lord, send your protective angels to surround those who remain who worship you in Spirit and in truth. May the Presence of the Holy Spirit in them be so strong as to deter any more attacks from this enemy.
- "And I say also unto thee, thou are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." (Matthew 16:18)
8. EU police chief warns that 5,000 jihadists returned from Middle East - and new attack is likely - The National Post
Up to 5,000 jihadists trained in the Middle East could be at large in Europe, the EU's police chief has warned. "Europe is currently facing the highest terror threat in more than 10 years," said Rob Wainwright, the British head of Europol, the EU's police agency.
Thousands of EU citizens have returned to their home countries after being trained by Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), Wainwright said. "We can expect ISIL or other religious terror groups to stage an attack somewhere in Europe with the aim of achieving mass casualties among the civilian population," he told Germany's Neue Osnabrucker Zeitung newspaper. (Read more)
- Oh, Lord, these European nations need the help of protective angels as they face the result of their leaders' leniency toward Moslem migrants. Instead of misplaced sympathy, Lord, give the leaders wisdom as to the true nature of their mission in these countries. Instead of trust that the migrants all mean well toward their host nations, Lord, bring a reliance on You, Dear Lord, for strength and wisdom to prevail over these hostile people groups. Thank You, Lord, for raising up a standard against this assault on European, Western, and Christian culture. Amen!
- "Deliver me, O Lord, from the evil man: preserve me from the violent man . . ." (Psalms 140:1)
9. Malaysia, south-east Asia nations warned of terror attacks - The Sydney Morning Herald
The US has warned south-east Asian nations of potential Islamic State terrorist attacks in the region, as the Australian government issued a specific warning about possible strikes in Malaysia. US intelligence agencies have told regional nations of a potential terror strike by people linked to Islamic State, prompting heightened security in countries like Thailand, where authorities have stepped up patrols and security checks in areas frequented by large groups of people and foreigners.
Australia's travel advisory website smartraveller.gov.au warned of a possible attack in the Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur on Sunday, indicating Australian agencies have received specific information about a potential terrorist plot. "Terrorists may be planning attacks in and around Kuala Lumpur. Attacks could be indiscriminate and may target Western interests or locations frequented by Westerners," the advisory read. (Read more)
- Precious Lord, we call all plans to terrorize Southeast Asia into confusion and failure. When the enemy tries to acquire and use explosives, bring malfunction to their equipment. When they try to plan a terrorist event, bring it to complete revelation to the authorities. Thank You, Father, for how you value life and how you hate destruction. Bring these terrorists to complete salvation in You and the people of this area to the putting away their false gods. In the name of Jesus we pray, Amen.
- "Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord God; repent, and turn yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations." (Ezekiel 14:6)
10. Iraq says it located missing radioactive material - Times of Israel
Iraqi authorities on Sunday recovered radioactive material that had gone missing in the country's south more than three months earlier, the environment ministry's spokesman said. "We found the radioactive material that was lost by a Turkish . . . company," Amir Ali Hassoun told AFP.
The material "still had the same properties and did not lead to the injury of anyone," Hassoun said.
He said the environment ministry will keep the material - Iridium-192 - until it can be returned to its owner, which another official earlier said was Turkish firm SGS. The material was found near a wall at a gas station in Zubair, a town near the southern port city of Basra," Hassoun said. (Read more)
- Father we ponder over why such a material would be left unattended in the first place. Nevertheless, we give You our praise, that this radioactive material was found before it got into the hands of Iran or any other nation. We ask You, Lord to allow us to see the plans of the wicked and cancel them under Your authority. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.
- "But the end of all things is at hand, therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers." ( 1 Peter 3: 17 )
The Daily Jot (Part One)
Monday, February 22, 2016
A time for indictment
In May 2013, the left-leaning Washington Post published the details of the Benghazi cover up by Hillary Clinton and the White House. Information provided by US Diplomat Gregory Hicks, who on that night was dealing with the attack 600 miles away in Tripoli, indicated that the several military options available were purposely told to stand down by Hillary Clinton's State Department and the Pentagon. The Democratic leadership tried to say that a Republican-led inquiry was politically motivated. The White House touted the credentials of the men charged with conducting the State Department Investigation of Benghazi -- as if the government investigating itself was remotely credible. As we know, it wasn't. (Read more)
The Daily Jot (Part Two)
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
Tick Tock the prophetic Debt Clock
In this day of political speak, there are many issues that Americans face as the consequences of selecting bad leaders. The presidential debate has been focussed on illegal immigration. This issue has people divided in their political parties as well as in their churches. Liberals and progressives (socialists) believe that the borders should be open to give opportunity to all. Conservatives believe there should be control of the borders because America is facing a costly invasion. The argument goes on and on. But there is one issue looming as a dark cloud over the country that if it is not addressed, there will be great and terrible consequences suffered by American citizens. A prophetic people must arise and boldly speak. (Read more)
Evangelicals & Trump
Evangelicals & Trump
Seventy-two percent of Republican voters Saturday identified as born-again evangelical Christians. They split 33% for Trump, 27% for Cruz and 22% for Rubio. There is a lot of angst about how an electorate that was so overwhelmingly evangelical could give a plurality of its votes to Donald Trump when his views on values issues are at best murky. I have a theory.
For years many pro-family leaders have been warning the Republican Party that there are a lot of voters out there who vote for Republican candidates solely on issues like the sanctity of life, the meaning of marriage and the general sense that Republicans stand for social conservatism.
We have warned party elites that if those issues are off the table, a lot of these folks will vote based on other issues, such as their perception of their own economic interests. That could lead them to vote for Democrats or populist candidates.
Just consider two main issues for values voters -- abortion and the meaning of marriage -- and where we stand today. After 40 years of voting for pro-life candidates, we are beginning to make some progress. But we have yet to fully restore rights to the unborn, and we are fighting over whether taxpayers should be forced to pay for abortions.
On marriage, social conservatives did everything they were asked to do. We were told that a federal marriage amendment was a bridge too far, and that marriage was a state issue. So, more than 30 states voted to protect the definition of traditional marriage. But then the federal courts invalidated their votes.
When the Supreme Court ruled that marriage only between a man and a woman was unconstitutional, there was little pushback from Republican leaders in Washington. Some quarters of the party actually seemed relieved that the court had "settled" the issue, even though it was settled in a manner contrary to the values of most Republican voters.
So what does this have to do with South Carolina? Well, if you are an evangelical blue collar worker and you conclude that no major political force is going to fight for your social values, you start voting based on other issues, if you vote at all.
Did Donald Trump win a plurality of evangelical votes? Yes he did. They were overwhelmingly blue collar evangelicals who chose him for his opposition to illegal immigration, his opposition to trade deals, which they perceive as trading away their jobs, his economic populism and his full-throated "America First" nationalism.
Several conservative media outlets this morning, including the increasingly influential Breibart.com, are suggesting that what is happening now may be a blue collar takeover of the Republican Party. (Gary Bauer)
Factions Speak Louder than Words
Factions Speak Louder than Words
f there's one thing President Obama has done for evangelicals, it's motivate them. Frustrated by almost eight years of attacks on their faith and their values, America's Christians are fired up to make a difference in the 2016 election. And with record turnout numbers, they are. In South Carolina, conservative voting was up 12 points -- shattering the marks set in 2012. In the southern states where the race rolls next, schools in Virginia and elsewhere are so concerned about the number of primary voters that they're canceling classes -- a move usually reserved for the general election. (Family Research Council) (Read more)
Scalia Laid To Rest (Part One)
Scalia Laid To Rest
Justice Antonin Scalia was laid to rest Saturday. His death reflects the loss of another conservative Reagan icon leaving the scene and passing into the pages of history. He left behind a tremendous legacy and became the gold standard of judicial conservatism.
It was utterly classless of President Obama to skip Scalia's funeral. He had time to meet with activists from the Black Lives Matter movement last week, but he could not make time to attend the funeral of this judicial giant.
Justice Scalia's son, Reverend Paul Scalia, delivered an incredibly moving homily at the funeral. You can watch Rev. Paul Scalia's homily here. Commenting on how his father's faith influenced his life, Rev. Scalia said: "He knew well what a close-run thing the founding of our country was. And he saw in that founding, as did the founders, a blessing -- a blessing quickly lost when faith is lost from the public square or when we refuse to bring it there. Dad understood that the deeper he went in his Catholic faith, the better a citizen and public servant he became."
I share these remarks with you because I do not believe one's faith is a purely personal matter. I believe faith has a tremendous impact on the very nature of our country. You can read more of my thoughts in my latest opinion piece at The Daily Caller. (Gary Bauer)
Scalia Laid to Rest (Part Two)
Scalia's Son Points to God in Moving Tribute
"We cannot depart here unchanged." How right Father Paul Scalia was. His homily at the funeral of his father, perhaps the greatest Supreme Court justice of a generation, may have been one of the most powerful events Washington has ever seen. From the first minute of the ceremony, it was obvious to everyone that something was different. Chief Justice William Rehnquist's funeral was not like it. President Reagan's, though large and presidential and "stately," was not like it. This was the Gospel of Jesus Christ on display in a service so inspirational that even the liberal media stood in awe. (Family Research Council) Read more.
Judge Orders California Pregnancy Centers to Give Abortion Info
- Christian Headlines.com
(Including a corrected prayer)
A federal judge refused to grant a preliminary injunction on Feb. 12 against a California law that forces pro-life pregnancy centers to advocate for abortion.
Under the law, pro-life pregnancy centers must give information about abortion even though they exist to offer abortion alternatives, Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) attorney Matt Bowman argued during a Jan. 28 hearing.
The National Institute of Family and Life Advocates (NIFLA) has sought an injunction with ADF's help since October. NIFLA includes 1,350 pro-life pregnancy resource centers, including 115 in California.
But Judge John A. Houston refused to put the law on hold while the lawsuit proceeds, becoming the third federal judge to do so. He indicated during the hearing that he thought the required information was necessary for women to make "an informed decision." (Read more)
- Father, we stand in the gap for this decision, and the two that have preceded it, which will force pro-life care centers to inform their clients of options to terminate their pregnancies. We call forth an appeal to a higher court, so that these findings can be overruled, and life can be preserved in the State of California. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." (Luke 23:34)
The Persecuted Church
China to Force Religious Leaders to Carry Religious Identification Credentials
The atheist Communist Party has recently made clear its latest strategy for controlling religious groups across China. Beijing has started to assign certificates detailing the secular name, religious name, national ID card number and a new, unique faith number to Buddhist monks across the country.
By the end of this year, authorities will require the same of Catholic and Taoist priests, state-run broadcaster CCTV and nationalist tabloid Global Times reported earlier this month. Protestantism and Islam - the other two of China's five officially recognized religions - will surely face orders to follow suit in the near future.
Those religious personnel without certificates will be barred from engaging in religious activities, according to the State Administration for Religious Affairs, the government body that manages religious activity across China.(Read more)
OH HOW I LOVE THE SAVIOUR'S NAME
"And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)
There is a name I love to hear I love to speak its worth It sounds like music in my ear The sweetest name on earth
O, how I love the Saviour's name
O, how I love the Saviour's name
O, how I love the Saviour's name
The sweetest name on earth
It tells me of a Saviour's love Who died to set me free It tells me of His precious blood The sinner's perfect plea Refrain:
It tells of One whose loving heart Can feel my deepest woe Who in my sorrow bears a part That none can bear below Refrain:
It bids my trembling heart rejoice It dries each rising tear It tells me in a still, small voice To trust and never fear Refrain:
Jesus, the name I love so well The name I love to hear! No saint on earth its worth can tell No heart conceive how dear! Refrain:
Please go here.
Words: Frederick Whitfield
About the Author:
Frederick Whitfield was educated at Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland (B.A. 1859). After taking Holy Orders, he was successively Curate of Otley, Vicar of Kirby-Ravenscroft, senior Curate of Greenwich, and Vicar of St. John's, Bexley. In 1875, he went to St. Mary's, Hastings. Whitfield wrote over 30 prose and poetical works.
Signs and Wonders
Largest fireball since Chelyabinsk falls into the ocean: Nasa reports huge explosion of seven meter space rock over the Atlantic
A huge fireball crashed into the Atlantic earlier this month - and went almost unseen. The event took place on February 6 at 14:00 UTC when a meteor exploded in the air 620 miles (1,000km) off the coast of Brazil. It released energy equivalent to 13,000 tons of TNT, which is the same as the energy used in the first atomic weapon that leveled Hiroshima in 1945. (Daily Telegraph UK) Read more
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Ark Encounter a "Jaw-Dropping" Experience
(Williamstown, KY)-[CBN News] Did you ever doubt that Noah could have built an ark so large all those animals could have fit on it?
Well, visual proof is here as the Noah's ark re-creation near Williamstown is close to completion. CBN News went behind the scenes at Ark Encounter on an invitation-only sneak peek at the giant ark as it comes together. Ken Ham, founder of Answers in Genesis and head of the Creation Museum, gave the long and winding tour up, down and all around this structure that's almost the length of two football fields. With the ark looming far into the sky behind him, Ham told CBN News, "This is 510 feet long, 85 feet wide, 51 feet high."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Brian Johnson - "We Will Not Be Shaken"