CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Monday, February 1, 2016
IOWA CAUCUSES ARE TONIGHT
To learn how they work,go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, February 1, 2016
"The path of the righteous is like the morning sun,
shining ever brighter till the full light of day." (Proverbs 4:18)
Capital Prayer Alert
Capital Prayer Alert
Submitted by: Carol Bauer
Friday, January 29, 2016
As the people of Iowa prepare to go to the polls today to vote in their caucus, and the people of the State of New Hampshire prepare for their upcoming primary, we wish to share these insights from Carol Bauer, posted late last week. [Carol Bauer is the wife of Gary Bauer.]
As Washington digs out from a historic snowstorm, those of us living here who have been stuck in our homes for a few days have had more time than most to reflect on the state of the presidential race. When you pull back from the daily onslaught of news, town hall soundbites and breathlessly reported poll results, the state of the race becomes clear.
-- First, there is growing support for candidates viewed as party outsiders or anti-establishment. There is a real sense that the American public is fed up with the status quo and is looking for ways to send a message. We all know there is no perfect candidate and the criteria for selecting a president would not necessarily align completely with the attributes we know our Savior embodies.
We are not selecting a pastor-in-chief, we are selecting a leader who can change the trajectory of the country with ideas, principles and leadership skills. If the country chooses the wrong president some of our most cherished values could be in jeopardy. When two-thirds of the public says the country is headed in the wrong direction, change is clearly called for.
-- Second, voters seem very engaged in the process. Interest is high and debate viewership continues at impressive levels. More than in the recent past, voters are looking for ways to translate their concerns about the country into action on their part -- but watching a debate or responding to a poll are only the first steps.
Actually showing up for several hours on a cold Iowa caucus night or trudging through the snow in New Hampshire to vote a week later will begin to show the depth of that commitment. Will tens of thousands more show up than in the past? Stay tuned.
-- Third, it's nasty out there on the campaign trail. Yes, there have been policy discussions and differences among the candidates have been highlighted. But the nature of the race this time around seems particularly personal.
Some of it, like the discussions about the nature of leadership and conflicting policy outlooks, are completely justified and should be front and center. Other aspects seem like interactions on a school yard playground. Those are the ones that can do long-term damage to a candidate, leaving him or her entering the general election wounded and limping.
As you know, Gary has recently endorsed Senator Ted Cruz as the individual who he feels embodies the best combination of policy views and leadership attributes we are seeking. But he will not tear down the other candidates. He feels we must get through the primary and then unite behind the candidate who can turn this country in a new direction.
Dear Lord, the majority of the American people are yearning for a new direction and new leadership. The consensus ends there. Prompt us to take stock of where we are as a country -- looking back at our path to this point and looking ahead to the country our children and grandchildren will inherit.
We thank you, Lord, for guiding our country since its founding. Never let us forget that our roots go back to those seeking to practice their faith in you. They left lives and families behind to reach a new world where they could live out their faith. We have been the beneficiaries of their hard work and dependence on you from generation to generation.
As we come to the time when we can actually vote, prompt us to prayerfully consider the leadership attributes most important for our country in the next four years. Help us to weigh the views of the candidates and their leadership styles in the context of the dangerous world in which we live. Finally, lead us to vote in the primary or caucus in our state and to encourage those in our circle of influence to do the same.
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Israel approves mixed-sex Jewish prayer site at Western Wall - Reuters
The Israeli government approved on Sunday the creation of a mixed-sex plaza at Jerusalem's Western Wall to accommodate Jews who contest Orthodox curbs on worship by women there.
The wall is revered as a vestige of Judaism's two ancient temples and access to it is segregated by gender. Most religious rites take place in the men's section in accordance with centuries-old Orthodox standards that hold sway in Israel.
The new area will be located at a separate expanse of the wall that, when seen from the plaza looking toward the wall, stands to the right of the current Orthodox-administered compound where men and women will still worship separately. (Read more)
2. 3 soldiers wounded by PA gunman at West Bank checkpoint - Times of Israel
Three Israeli soldiers were wounded on Sunday when a member of the Palestinian Authority security forces opened fire at an IDF checkpoint near Beit El in the West Bank. He was shot dead by forces at the scene.
Magen David Adom emergency services said that two victims were in serious condition with wounds to the neck and thigh, respectively, and one was lightly hurt.
The shooter drove up to the Focus checkpoint in a car, was asked for his ID, got out and opened fire with a handgun, injuring the three soldiers. Palestinian reports named him as Amjad Sakari, 35, and said he was a member of the Palestinian Authority security forces who was working as a bodyguard for the Ramallah district attorney. (Read more)
3. Gaza prepares for war - Times of Israel
After quite a few attempts at concealment and denial, Hamas's military wing, the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, on Thursday released the names of "the seven heroes, men of Allah" who were killed earlier in the week in the collapse of an attack tunnel in the Tufah neighborhood in the northeastern part of Gaza City, only a few hundred yards from the Israeli border.
At first, Hamas leaders tried to hide the fact that any of its members had been killed in the tunnel. Then they claimed that the men were merely missing. Finally, they released the names of seven of the 11 excavators who were there at the time of the collapse.
Hamas's statement read in part: "We trod the path of death for your lives' sake." (Read more)
4. PA announces new UN campaign to renew peace talks - Israel National News
Palestinian Authority (PA) officials are continuing their diplomatic offensive against Israel and are waging a new campaign at the United Nations to revive peace prospects, the PA's UN envoy Riyad Mansour declared on Friday, according to AFP.
The first step to this campaign, he said, is a Security Council resolution condemning Israeli communities in Judea and Samaria.
Mansour rejected the suggestion that prospects for progress were slim because of the election campaign in the United States, which could make Washington more reluctant to put pressure on Israel to compromise.
"We will not accept that the year 2016 is a year when we cannot do anything," Mansour was quoted by AFP as having told reporters. (Read more)
5. BREAKING - Abbas welcomes France's peace proposal - Israel National News
Palestinian Authority (PA) chairman Mahmoud Abbas on Saturday welcomed a French initiative to jumpstart the peace process between Israel and the PA through the convening of an international peace conference.
Speaking at a summit of African countries in the Ethiopian capital of Addis Ababa and quoted by Haaretz, Abbas called on African nations to support the French initiative.
Vowing not to return to the negotiating table with Israel simply for the sake of negotiations, he also stated the Palestinians will not be unilaterally bound to their agreements with Israel and will not agree to temporary or interim measures, according to Haaretz. (Read more)
6. UK official slams Israel after criticizing Rouhani during Holocaust memorial ceremony - Jerusalem Post
The UK's representative to the European Council this week rebuked the Israeli government for criticizing Iranian President Hassan Rouhani during a Holocaust commemoration event held in Strasbourg, France, British daily The Telegraph reported Thursday.
Alex Salmond told members of the Coucil of Europe, a regional intergovernmental organization with 47 member states under its auspices, that it was "inappropriate" for the representative of Israel to criticize the Iranian president during the Holocaust memorial ceremony while Rouhani was in France.
Former ambassador to the United states and current MK Michael Oren (Kulanu) was Israel's emissary at the Strasourg meeting held Wednesday.
The reproach came just hours after Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the Supreme Leader of Iran, released a video in which he said it was "not clear whether the core of this matter is a reality or not, even if it is a reality, it is not clear how it happened." (Read more)
7. Israeli, Turkish officials set to hold fresh détente talks - Times of Israel
Israeli and Turkish officials will meet in the next two weeks for further talks on a detente between the once close allies, Channel 2 television reported Saturday.
The report came a day after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke with Vice President Joe Biden about the reconciliation efforts.
According to a statement by Biden's office, the two discussed "ongoing efforts to improve Israel-Turkey relations and advance energy cooperation in the eastern Mediterranean." (Read more)
8. Insight for Intercessors
To read this report, go here.
The Daily Brief
1. Iowans kick off US election process with complex caucus - Times of Israel
On Monday, residents of the US state of Iowa will cast the first votes in the months-long 2016 race for the White House.
Instead of holding primaries, the state hosts local meetings known as caucuses, which are organized by the Democratic and Republican parties as they launch the process to determine who will be their nominees in November's general election.
The parties use distinct and different methods. Here's a look at the crucial process, which can seem like a byzantine puzzle to those not familiar with it. (Read more)
- Father God, we take note that the first ballots being cast in what will become this presidential election are being cast in "the heart of the country" - Iowa. We note, too, that these caucuses are just that - caucuses, instead of showing a "true vote" among the people.
We ask, Lord, for a "true vote" to be cast tonight from the heart of our nation, for both parties, and we bind spirits of confusion, deception, and misinformation both during, and after, the voting takes place tonight in the State of Iowa. Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayer, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you. Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men, from men whose words are perverse, who have left the straight paths to walk in dark ways, who delight in doing wrong and rejoice in the perverseness of evil, whose paths are crooked and who are devious in their ways." (Proverbs 2: 11-15)
2. Public prayer reviewed; 1st case since Supreme Court ruling - CNSNews.com
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - A federal appeals court will consider whether county commissioners in North Carolina violated the Constitution by delivering Christian prayers at their meetings and inviting audience members to join. The case marks the first time a federal appeals court has considered how local councils conduct prayers since a 2014 U.S. Supreme Court ruling upheld a New York town's use of predominantly Christian invocations at its meetings.
A three-judge panel of the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals is scheduled on Wednesday to hear Rowan County's effort to overturn a federal judge's ruling that local officials ran afoul of constitutional requirements separating church and state.
There is a key difference between the two cases: Rowan County commissioners delivered the prayers themselves, while the Town Board in Greece, New York, invited local clergy or laypeople to do so, according to a previous ruling by a federal judge in North Carolina. The plaintiffs in the lawsuit filed in North Carolina claim the elected officials' delivery of the prayers was coercive, while the defendants argue that it's not unconstitutional for lawmakers to lead prayers.
The original lawsuit, filed by the American Civil Liberties Union on behalf of three residents, said nearly all prayers that opened Rowan County Commission meetings between 2007 and 2013 were Christian. Prayers typically ended with phrases such as "in the name of Jesus" or "in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ," their lawsuit said. (Read more)
- Gracious Heavenly Father, how thankful we are that our Lawmakers seek You prior to and at the close of their meetings, asking and thanking You for Your wisdom and understanding as they discuss and plan out the days, weeks, months and even years for those dwelling in their Community. We ask in Jesus name and by the Power of the Holy Spirit, that this issue of "unconstitutional Christian invocations" at their meetings be resolved in a honest manner. In Jesus' name we pray, amen.
- ". . . then let God weigh me on a truly balanced set of scales, He will know and see my integrity." (Job 31:6)
3. Satanists to do invocation at Phoenix City Council meeting - CNSNews.com
Members of a satanic group will give the opening prayer at an upcoming Phoenix City Council meeting. Some council members have objected, but city attorney Brad Holm says the government cannot exclude a religion from praying under such circumstances.
Satanic Temple member Stu de Haan says the group doesn't intend to do anything offensive. He says the Satanic Temple doesn't believe in a literal Satan but see the biblical Satan as a metaphor for rebellion against tyranny. The Arizona Republic reports that the temple will perform the invocation on Feb. 17.
The city's invocation has been delivered by Christians, Jews, Muslims, Sikhs and people of other faiths. The temple submitted a request in December to give the prayer. (Read more)
- El Elyon, our Most High God of all creation, forgive America for tipping the scales to accept evil as good, and good as evil. What are we thinking! By this decision, we are giving consent for a satanic group to invoke an evil power to preside over a City Council meeting on this date. We ask You to forgive city attorney Brad Holm, as the gatekeeper, for approving this decision, for he knows not what he does. In the Mighty name of Jesus, we ask You, Father God, to reverse this decision. We pray for the souls of each member of this satanic group, delivering from darkness to Your glorious Light. We are thanking You in advance for this forthcoming decision and announcement . . . All in agreement saying an Amen!!!!!!
- "You shall have no other gods before Me." (Exodus 20:3)
4. US to withhold some Clinton emails with top secret information - Reuters
The U.S. State Department conceded for the first time on Friday that intelligence officials were correct to say that at least 22 emails sent through Hillary Clinton's private server contain some of the government's most sensitive secrets. The seven email chains from Clinton's time as secretary of state, amounting to 22 separate messages, will be withheld from the public as a result because the information in them is classified at the highest level as "top secret," State Department spokesman John Kirby said. (Read more)
- Praise You LORD that light and truth will prevail in these matters. It is these, Your ways, that we earnestly desire upon the throne of our nation. We pray Mrs Clinton will cry as David cried, "You, God, know my folly; my guilt is not hidden from you." (Psalm 69:5), That she might see her folly and turn to You, for "Your mercy is endures forever." (Psalm 118:1)
- "Justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before thy face." (Psalm 89:14 )
5. Obama to make first visit of his presidency to a U.S. mosque next week - Washington Post
President Obama will make the first visit during his presidency to a U.S. mosque next week, the White House announced Saturday, as the administration tries to promote religious tolerance at a time when rhetoric linking Islam with terrorism is becoming more voluminous.
On Wednesday the president will visit the Islamic Society of Baltimore, a sprawling community center in the city's western suburbs, that serves thousands of people with a place of worship, a housing complex and schools, according to its website. It is one of the Mid-Atlantic region's largest Muslim centers and describes itself as aspiring "to be the anchor of a growing Muslim community with diverse backgrounds, democratically governed, relating to one another with inclusiveness and tolerance, and interacting with neighbors in an Islamic exemplary manner."
On Saturday, a White House official said in an e-mail that the president is making the visit: "to celebrate the contributions Muslim Americans make to our nation and reaffirm the importance of religious freedom to our way of life.
"The President believes that one of our nation's greatest strengths is our rich diversity and the very idea that Americans of different faiths and backgrounds can thrive together - that we're all part of the same American family. As the President has said, Muslim Americans are our friends, and neighbors; our co-workers, and sports heroes - and our men and women in uniform defending our country."
- Father, the Constitution was written for all people based on Your Word. Past presidents have governed by the Constitution. Muslims were not contributors to that document nor do they believe in religious freedom. We pray they will come to know You and love You as the One true and living God. Restore our nation to the purpose You created it to be, "One nation under God."
For the present President, we pray that his heart will be opened to your light, Father, and that salvation will be his choice. Praise the blessed name of El Elyon. Amen.
- "And they rejected His statutes and His covenant that He had made with their fathers, and His testimonies which He had testified against them; they followed idols, became idolaters, and went after the nations who were all around them, concerning whom the Lord had charged them that they should not do like them." (2 Kings 17:15)
6. The US Mosque Obama Has Chosen For His First Presidential Visit Has Deep Extremist Ties - Daily Caller
The Baltimore mosque President Obama has chosen as the first U.S.-based mosque to visit during his presidency has deep ties to extremist elements, including to the Muslim Brotherhood.
The White House announced on Saturday that Obama will visit the Islamic Society of Baltimore (ISB) on Wednesday.
The mosque is a member of a network of mosques controlled by the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), a Muslim civil rights group named as an unindicted co-conspirator in the 2008 Holy Land Foundation terror case. Several executives with that organization were convicted of sending money to aid the terrorist group Hamas. (RELATED: Here's A Map Of Radical Mosques In The U.S. [Interactive]) Read more
- Lord, our President, our Commander-in-Chief chooses to visit, and thereby honor, a mosque with "deep ties to extremist elements".. to "reaffirm the importance of religious freedom to our way of life." We clearly recognize these contradictory concepts. Words may be postured and championed as religious freedom, yet we are not deceived.
- Lord Your Word has much to say about the tongue that frames deceit, thus we pray that Truth will be restored to the heart of our nation. O Lord, let it be said of the United States, "We have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have [we] laid before [us]." (Psalm 119:30)
7. Iranian leader gives out medals for detention of US sailors - Times of Israel
Iran's supreme leader on Sunday awarded "medals of conquest" to five naval commanders of Iran's Revolutionary Guards for their arrest earlier this month of 10 US sailors whose two vessels strayed into Iranian waters. Ayatollah Khamenei, whose duties also make him head of the army, presented the awards to Navy Commander Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi and other commanders, the Iranian Tasnim news agency reported. He also gave the green light for others involved in the operation to be promoted.
The American sailors were detained on January 12 and released a day later. The US Navy said the crew members were returned safely and there were no indications they had been harmed while in custody, but the incident, and Iranian boasting about it, served to chill ties between Tehran and Washington that had recently thawed slightly. (Read more)
- " Castigated the US over the incident, gloating" ... ""The Americans humbly admitted our might and power."
Lord, we weep over the blindness of men and nations that do not have a saving knowledge of You; that serve other gods.
- We see, "The god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not." Thus we earnestly pray "The light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." (2 Corin. 4:4) "Whereas the object and purpose of our instruction and charge is love, which springs from a pure heart and a good (clear) conscience and sincere (unfeigned) faith." (1 Timothy 1:5) "Be it done unto [them O Lord] according to Your word." (Luke 1:48 b)
8. US, UK spy program 'Anarchist' targeted Israeli missiles - Israel National News
In addition to spying on Israeli drones, the US and UK joint spy program was spying on Israeli 'black anchor' missile program.
Newly released files leaked by Edward Snowden over the revelation the United States and Britain have spied on the Israeli drone program for the past 18 years, are beginning to show the full extent of the countries' activities. Apparently, a major part of infiltration mission, entitled "Anarchist, was to spy on the Israeli "black anchor" - a missile which is part of the "Arrow" missile defense program.
"Black anchor" is a missile which acts like a fully developed ballistic missile that can be launched from F-15 fighter jets and was developed by Rafael industries. Its purpose is to act as enemy ballistic missiles so that the Arrow defense system known as "wall" can destroy them. (Read more)
- Lord Jesus, intercessors have prayed that things hidden would be revealed. Thank you for this revelation. It is an embarrassment to the citizens of the U.S. to have a program named "Anarchist" approved by the NSA. We ask forgiveness for the deceit that our nation has demonstrated against Israel for the past 18 years in your precious name. Show us Your mercy, O Lord, we pray, amen.
- "Indeed, therefore, I will stretch out My hand against you and give you as plunder to the nations; I will cut you off from the peoples, and I will cause you to perish from the countries; I will destroy you, and you shall know that I am the Lord." (Ezekiel 25:7)
9. Analysis: No surprises in report of US, UK spying on Israel - Jerusalem Post
Israel's defense establishment will probably not view reports of US and British intelligence agencies tapping into Israel Air Force video transmissions as being particularly dramatic or surprising revelations. The gathering of signals intelligence by the US and Britain did not jeopardize Israeli military operations. In Israel, it's a given that foreign intelligence agencies active in the Middle East monitor Israeli military activities. Similarly, it is reasonable to assume that Israel tracks the activities of other states that deploy forces around the region.
The spying, as detailed in the recent report, does not constitute a breach of Israel's most classified military secrets. It does, however, provide a strong impetus to continue to improve the encryption of air force transmissions. (Read more)
- Father God, whether this spying was meant to be a breach of Israel's military secrets it is shocking that The U.S. would participate in this program. We take the authority that You have given us and ask that a peaceful solution is found for restoration of trust between the U.S. and Israel. In Your name we leave this situation at Your feet to be handled as You see fit. Thank You, Lord for hearing our prayers. Amen.
- "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22)
10. 30 Killed, 40 More Wounded as ISIS Bombs Suburban Neighborhood in Syria - Times of Israel
A series of blasts have struck the outskirts of Syria's capital, Damascus. At least 45 people were killed in the mainly Shiite neighbourhood, Syria's Interior Ministry reported. The Islamic State terrorist group has taken responsibility for the attacks.
According to the ministry, "more than 45 people were killed and dozens were injured." Police say that the death toll is set to rise because "some of those injured are in a critical condition."
More than 20 militia fighters, who have been fighting alongside government forces in Syria, are among those killed, TASS reported. According to the television station of Lebanon's militant Shiite Hezbollah group, the attacks took place in the Sayeda Zeinab district, where Syria's major Shiite shrine is located. (Read more)
- Lord God, we are grieved at this report. As the various Moslem sects begin to turn upon each other and destroy each other, lives are being lost in eternity. We cry out for the salvation of all Moslem people, no matter which sect they follow, for there is only One Way to know You, the true and the living God. In Your name, amen.
- "Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked," declares the Lord GOD, "rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?" (Ezekiel 18:23)
"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)
11. Deadly winter storm lashes California with powerful wind gusts - Fox News
Powerful winds lashed Southern California on Monday at the tail end of a winter storm that also brought heavy rain and mountain snow. Wind advisories remained in place in Southern California a day after strong gusts downed trees and power poles and ripped off rooftops -- and in one case, solar panels -- across the region. A motorist was killed Sunday when a tree fell on his car in San Diego County. Wind gusts Sunday topped 50 mph in the San Diego area and 65 mph in Malibu, according to the National Weather Service. The highest reading of the day was at Whitaker Peak, north of Castaic, where a gust was recorded at 115 mph. The storm dropped more than an inch of rain in some places. (Read more)
- Father God, we ask for calm to return to this region today, and for hearts to be turned to You in time of need. We pray for the family of the motorist who died in this storm, that You would comfort them in their time of sorrow. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "The men were amazed and asked, 'What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!'" (Matthew 8:27)
Israel Update: Special Report
Israel Update: Special Report
"The burden of the word of the Lord for Israel, saith the Lord, which stretches forth the heavens, and lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him. Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, When they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: All that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, Though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it." (Zechariah 12:1-3)
To read this special report from a friend in Israel, please go here.
The Daily Jot
Monday, February 1, 2016
Iowa and evil fruit
The Iowa Caucuses are upon us. Tuesday Democrats and Republicans will caucus and determine who Iowans will support for their party's presidential candidate. Democrats have a poor choice between an admitted socialist (pleasant word for communist) and a progressive (contemporary word for communist) crook. Pre-caucus polls show virtually a dead heat between socialist Bernie Sanders and progressive Hillary Clinton. Sanders appears to be an "honest" socialist, if there is such a thing. Clinton, however, is defined by her body of work. On the weekend's eve of the caucus, the State Department had to refuse to release emails from her private server because they were too Top Secret--a crime.
Clinton has been lying about the private server she kept at her house where she conducted top secret State Department business when she was the current "president's" Secretary of State. The "president" has also lied about his knowledge of the email server that used "clintonemail.com." We know he lied because the State Department has release information indicating that there were 18 emails from the "president" on the server, and on March 7, 2015, he told CBS News that he found out about the personal email system "The same time everybody else learned it through news reports." The State Department withheld release of the emails, citing a "longstanding" practice of preserving presidential communications.
Also on Friday, the State Department said for the first time that "top secret" emails had been sent through Clinton's private email server, and that it would not make public 22 of her emails because they contained so much secret information that redacting it would still expose national security to great risk. The New York Times, reported very bluntly the State Department actions: "It is against the law for officials to discuss classified information on unclassified networks used for routine business or on private servers and the FBI is looking into whether such information was mishandled." Unnamed sources repeatedly have indicated the FBI is building a case for prosecution of Clinton, but is running into political roadblocks.
That Clinton is running in a dead heat or slightly ahead of a 74 year old socialist who says he "generally" believes in God, is a testament to the Democratic Party. At least Sanders is giving a clear picture of who he is. Clinton, whose body of work includes a long list of scandals with the Benghazi deaths somewhere in the top five, is using every tactic she can to hide what she has done and what type of person she really is. Aside from Clinton's support of abortion and homosexuality, she has been involved with scurrilous activities since her days at the Rose law firm in Arkansas. Jesus said in Matthew 7:20, "Wherefore by their fruits you shall know them." If there is anyone all Americans should know by her fruits, it's Clinton.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study
Week of Sunday, Jan. 31 - Saturday, Feb. 6, 2016
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
The Persecuted Church
Canadian Christian Aid Worker Charged with Spying after 18 Months in Chinese Jail
A Canadian Christian aid worker who ran a coffee shop on China's border with North Korea has been charged with spying and stealing state secrets. Following a year and a half of detention in the border city of Dandong in Liaoning province, Kevin Garratt is due to face trial, China's official news agency Xinhua said Jan. 28.
"During the investigation, Chinese authorities also found evidence that implicates Garratt in accepting tasks from Canadian espionage agencies to gather intelligence in China," Xinhua reported, citing unnamed state prosecutors in Dandong. The report gave no date for the trial.
James Zimmerman, the Beijing-based attorney for the Garratt family, had no immediate comment before waiting to receive official documents from the court.
Garratt and his wife Julia were detained in August, 2014, with Julia Garratt later released on bail last February but still barred from leaving the country. (UCA News) Read more.
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
HOLY HOLY HOLY
"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty." (Isaiah 6:3)
Holy, holy, holy! All the saints adore Thee, Casting down their golden crowns around the glassy sea; Cherubim and seraphim falling down before Thee, Who was, and is, and evermore shall be.
Holy, holy, holy! though the darkness hide Thee, Though the eye of sinful man Thy glory may not see; Only Thou art holy; there is none beside Thee, Perfect in power, in love, and purity.
Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty! All Thy works shall praise Thy Name, in earth, and sky, and sea; Holy, holy, holy; merciful and mighty! God in three Persons, blessèd Trinity!
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Reginald Heber, 1826
Music:John B. Dykes, 1876
Signs and Wonders
'It's a monster for sure':
Rare, massive sinkhole closes part of Oregon highway
Oregon officials closed a stretch of coastal highway after the formation of what one official called "a monster" sinkhole larger than any the region has seen in 20 years.
The Oregon Department of Transportation announced the closing in a series of posts to Twitter, which included photos of the giant hole in the ground and one aerial video recorded by Kyle Rice, a local drone hobbyist.
"It's a monster for sure," said Jared Castle, Oregon DOT spokesman for southwest Oregon. "This is a very unusual event and is a sinkhole of a magnitude that we don't see but once every couple decades."
Castle said officials expect the sinkhole that emerged Thursday to join up with an existing sinkhole nearby, which measures 50 feet in diameter with a depth of 50 to 70 feet. Castle could not provide an estimate for the size of the new sinkhole, but said it is the largest southwest Oregon has seen since 1996. (MSN) Read more.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
The Island of Tears on Vimeo
From a friend in Israel: I highly recommend watching this very uplifting video about Israeli's reaching out to suffering humanity right in our midst.
I must ask where are the Saudi's and other Islamic nations? Where are the British who want to ban all Israeli doctors from the world medical association? This video speaks volumes about where the hearts and minds of the leaders of this world are today! Pray for mercy and grace for these refugees and pray for the Israeli's who the Lord has raised up to help them in their hour of need.
Watch this video report by going here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
By Kirk Dearman
We worship You, Adonai . . .
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.