"Not One Bomb for Iran"
Sign this petition: go here.
[Sponsored by ICEJ]
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, March 6, 2015
"Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool." (Isaiah 1:18)
"For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways." (Psalm 91:11)
The Daily Brief
1. More Than 300 Republicans Call on Supreme Court to Recognize Gay Marriage Nationally - TIME.com
More than 300 veteran Republican lawmakers, operatives and consultants have filed a friend of the court brief at the Supreme Court in support of same-sex marriage late Thursday. The amicus brief, organized by former Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman, was filed for the four same-sex marriage cases the Court will hear on April 28 that could legalize the unions nationwide. In 2013, Mehlman marshaled a similar effort for the case that overturned California's Proposition 8, which had banned same-sex marriage in the state.
Among the signatories are 23 current and former Republicans members of the House of Representatives and Senate and seven current and former Governors. Sens. Susan Collins and Mark Kirk have signed onto the brief, as has Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker and former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman. Other notables include former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal and billionaire GOP mega-donor David Koch. (Read more)
- Father, we intercede over this brief that has been brought to the Supreme Court by the 300 Republican lawmakers in support of same-sex marriage. We seek forgiveness for our nation that has gone against Your Word on this issue. Touch them with Your Word, we ask in Jesus Name, amen.
- "Indeed, in their case the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled that says: ''You will indeed hear but never understand, and you will indeed see but never perceive. For this people's heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.'" (Matthew 13: 14-15)
2. Senate Majority Leader Agrees to Delay Vote on Iran Bill - Israel National News
Feeling the heat from a Democratic rebellion, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has decided to reverse course on a plan to move forward next week with a controversial Iran bill, The Huffington Post reported Thursday.
The bill, introduced by Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Bob Corker (R-TN), would give Congress 60 days to review - and potentially reject - any deal that scales back sanctions on Iran. The measure has bipartisan support, but Democrats said on Wednesday they would vote against the bill if it is brought up next week, insisting the bill should come to a vote until after the March 31 deadline for a deal. (Read more)
- Father, we pray over this Iran Bill. Open the eyes and ears of our lawmakers and heed the words and warnings of Benjamin Netanyahu concerning Iran. Help them to vote with their conscience and not vote for political gain. Give them wisdom and revelation on Iran. In Jesus Name. We send Your Word to them during this critical decision. May they allow the Word to give them discernment as they vote.
- "For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)
3. GOP Lawmaker Introduces Resolution Urging Obama to Act on Religious Persecution - CNSNews.com
Rep. Diane Black (R-Tenn.) introduced a resolution in the House Wednesday calling "on the governments of the Middle East to uphold the internationally recognized human right to freedom from religious persecution." The resolution also urges the Obama administration to appoint a special envoy to promote religious freedom of religious minorities in the Middle East and South Central Asia.
"While President Obama quibbles about the most politically correct way to describe our enemies and uses the National Prayer Breakfast to criticize Christianity, religious minorities continue to face extreme persecution in the Middle East and far corners of the world," Black said in a statement. "From the kidnapping of Christian schoolgirls in Nigeria by Boko Haram, to the unjust imprisonment of Pastor Saeed Abedini in Iran, to the savage beheading of 21 Coptic Christians at the hands of ISIS [the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria], there is an urgent need for both Congress and this administration to speak out and engage in this fight to protect religious freedom abroad." (Read more)
- Father, we do pray with this resolution to engage in this fight to protect religious freedom abroad. Send help to all our brothers and sisters in Christ who are undergoing persecution. We pray for the release of Pastor Saeed Abedini and plead the blood of Jesus over all those in harm's way from ISIS. Place a wall of protection around them, in Jesus Name. May the life of Jesus be manifested in their lives so brightly that the persecutors are converted to the Lord. May the persecutors drop their weapons and fall to their knees in repentance. Amen, so be it!
- "We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. So death is at work in us, but life in you." (2 Corinthians 4:8-12)
4. Economy adds 295K jobs as rate hits 5.5 percent - The Hill
Employers added a better-than-expected 295,000 jobs in February as the unemployment rate edged down to 5.5 percent, the lowest level in nearly seven years, according to numbers out Friday.
Unemployment hit a high of 10 percent in October 2009, and the current level is the lowest since May 2008. (Read more)
- We thank You, Lord, that more of our citizens are now finding jobs. May we use our resources to further the work of your Kingdom in the days ahead, and not to satisfy our own selfish pleasures. We pray this in Jesus name, amen and amen.
- "Honor the Lord from your wealth And from the first of all your produce; So your barns will be filled with plenty And your vats will overflow with new wine." (Proverbs 3:9,10)
5. Justice Department Preparing Criminal Corruption Charges Against NJ Senator Robert Menendez - Fox News
. . . The Justice Department is preparing to file corruption charges against the powerful Democratic lawmaker in a case involving allegations he used his office to help a Democratic donor - at a time when Menendez has become a leading critic of the Obama administration's Iran talks. (Read more)
- Lord God, forgive us . . . but here we go again. Just like in Hitler's Germany, whenever the voice of one in governing authority is lifted up against the "king," suddenly these kinds of charges surface to discredit that voice. We ask for justice, O Lord, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "He is the Rock, His work is perfect; For all His ways are justice, A God of truth and without injustice; Righteous and upright is He." (Deuteronomy 32:4)
6. Justice Scalia boosts Republican hopes in ObamaCare challenge - The Hill
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia has given Republicans new ammunition in the fight over ObamaCare by endorsing the idea that Congress is certain to act if the court deals a blow to the law.
The conservative justice contended Wednesday that lawmakers would move quickly if the court, in the case of King v. Burwell, were to strike down subsidies that are helping millions of people purchase insurance through the federal exchange, HealthCare.gov. [IMPORTANT! Read more here.]
- Father, we thank You for these very encouraging words spoken by one of our Supreme Court Justices: Antonin Scalia. We continue to ask that Your wisdom would rest upon the Supreme Court justices as they weight the legality of the use of Obamacare exchanges in all 50 states. Grant them Your wisdom, O Lord, we pray. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The LORD has broken the rod of the wicked, the scepter of the rulers . . ." (Isaiah 14:5)
7. Islamic State militants bulldoze ancient Nimrud city - Reuters
Islamic State fighters have looted and bulldozed the ancient Assyrian city of Nimrud, the Iraqi government said, in their latest assault on some of the world's greatest archaeological and cultural treasures.
A tribal source from the nearby city of Mosul told Reuters the ultra-radical Sunni Islamists, who dismiss Iraq's pre-Islamic heritage as idolatrous, had pillaged the 3,000-year-old site on the banks of the Tigris river, once capital of the world's most powerful empire.
The United Nations cultural agency UNESCO condemned Islamic State's actions as "cultural cleansing" and a war crime. The government in Baghdad said the fighters were defying "the will of the world and the feelings of humanity."
"In a new crime in their series of reckless offences they assaulted the ancient city of Nimrud and bulldozed it with heavy machinery, appropriating archaeological attractions dating back 13 centuries BC," the tourism and antiquities ministry said. (Read more)
- Lord God, even though Nimrod was not a city that honored You, even so, this is an invaluable historic site, and one that is mentioned in Your Word. Father God, whatever You can do to stop these beasts of ISIS from continuing their rampage of destruction of life and property, we ask that You do this, in Jesus' name. Amen.
- "If you ask anything in My name, I will do it." (John 14:14)
8. Iraq official: Iraqi forces battle against IS, expect to reach Tikrit outskirts soon - Fox News
An Iraqi provincial governor says Iraqi forces are pushing their offensive against the Islamic State group and expect to reach the outskirts of the militant-held city of Tikrit soon. The battle to wrest Tikrit - Saddam Hussein's hometown - from IS is a major test for the Iraqi forces and allied Shiite militias.
The governor of Salahuddin, Raed al-Jabouri, says that fighters expect to reach Tikrit later Friday. He told The Associated Press the Iraqi forces still have not made it to the Tikrit airport as some reports have suggested.
ikrit, 130 kilometers (80 miles) north of Baghdad, has been under the control of the Islamic State group since June, when the Sunni militants made a lightning advance across northern Iraq prompting security forces to flee and abandon their weapons. (Read more)
- Father, we ask for Your strength to rest upon these Iraqi fighters as they seek to regain this lost territory. We ask for Your Mighty Hand to be displayed among them, that the ISIS "beasts" be defeated. We ask this in Your Name, amen.
- "Let God arise, Let His enemies be scattered; Let those also who hate Him flee before Him." (Psalm 68:1)
9. Speculation over successor after Iran's Khamenei reportedly hospitalized in serious condition - Jerusalem Post
Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is currently hospitalized in serious condition at a hospital in Tehran, according to unofficial reports circulating. Khamenei is suffering from prostate cancer that has reportedly spread to the rest of his body. (Read more)
- Father, we give the care of this situation over on You. We trust You to place the next leader in Iran to succeed Ayatollah Khamenei. This is a critical time in history and we know all things are aligning toward the end times. Our desire is for the next leader to stop being a threat to Israel, and to stop the quest for a nuclear bomb. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "It is an abomination for kings to commit wickedness, for the throne is established by righteousness." (Proverbs 16:12)
10. US challenges Israel to sharpen alternative path on Iranian nuclear negotiations - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's proposal to Congress on a holistic approach in talks with Iran over its aggressive behavior is "not in any way a realistic alternative," the Obama administration said on Wednesday. Iran changing "everything under the sun in an ideal world" cannot be the negotiating position of the United States, State Department deputy spokeswoman Marie Harf said, questioned by The Jerusalem Post.
Harf was responding to the prime minister's assertion to the contrary once he landed back in Israel. His address on Tuesday was his third to a joint meeting of the US legislature. (Read more)
- Father God, we repent for the "bullying attitude" that our president continues to exhibit towards the sovereign nation of Israel. How dare we insist upon a "diplomatic solution" to a nation that, day by day, is preparing a nuclear arsenal to destroy Israel?? Forgive us, Lord, and may we find the grace to allow Israel its right to defend its own people. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
- "Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matthew 3:2)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Israeli ambassador is persona non grata to US administration - Haaretz
Israel's Haaretz newspaper said that the US views the Israeli ambassador to American, Ron Dermer, as a persona non grata due to his role in coordinating a controversial speech delivered by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to Congress two days ago. In a report published today by Haaretz, the newspaper noted that "if Netanyahu wants to continue working with the White House, then he has no choice but to replace Dermer, who was seen by Washington as a persona non grata, even if the American administration did not explicitly say this." The newspaper also reported that "Dermer is seen as an 'instigator' who concocted Netanyahu's Congress speech behind Obama's back with John Boehner, the Republican speaker of the House of Representatives." (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that You "shut the lion's mouth" from the lies being quoted in this article. We thank You for the excellent service rendered by Ambassador Dermer in representing Israel in our nation, and serving as its spokesman. We cancel all schemes of the enemy against him now, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst." (Matthew 18:19)
2. Zarif: The Netanyahu regime 'should be annihilated' - Times of Israel
Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif acknowledged that his country seeks the annihilation of the "Netanyahu regime" but denied that it seeks to wipe out Israel.
In an NBC interview on Wednesday, Zarif finessed a series of questions raised by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in his speech to Congress Tuesday, including over Iranian supreme leader Ali Khamenei's tweet last year urging the annihilation of Israel, and about his own laying of a wreath at the grave of Imad Mughniyeh, the arch-Hezbollah terrorist responsible for the killings of hundreds of Americans.
Zarif said Netanyahu had been fanning "hysteria" since 1992 with the claim that Iran was two years from the bomb. "Once this fear mongering is out, then we can have a deal," he said. Zarif also denied stalling the IAEA's efforts to probe alleged nuclear weapons work. He spent much of the extensive interview castigating Israel for a series of alleged vicious crimes, while insisting on Iran's tolerant and peaceful nature. (Read more)
3. IDF unveils new method for destroying terror tunnels - YNET News
Army expects Hezbollah to fight underground in the event of another war, conducts training for detonating tunnel openings and develops new communication equipment.
Less than a year after operations to destroy tunnels built by Hamas, the IDF has been training extensively to prepare for the possibility of similar structures being used by Hezbollah. Sources in the IDF estimate that the Shiite organization will, like Hamas, exploit the advantages of underground tunnels and attempt to kidnap soldiers. (Read more)
4. Yadlin: the PA has Chosen a 'Diplomatic Intifada' - Israel National News
Former Military Intelligence chief Amos Yadlin spoke to Arutz Sheva at the American-Israel Policy Conference (AIPAC) on Tuesday, where he opined on Iran, peace talks, and the elections, among other issues.
"Iran is a bitter enemy of Israel," Yadlin asserted. "Iran wants to reach a military nuclear capability. Fortunately it is not there yet, but if it was there, it would be a significant threat to Israel's security and we need to do everything to prevent Iran from attaining a nuclear bomb."
Yadlin also noted that Iran's terror network throughout the Middle East is not only a global problem, but specifically that "all of these are challenges for the State of Israel." (Read more)
5. Egypt interior minister removed in cabinet reshuffle -Times of Israel
The Egyptian government minister who spearheaded a bloody post-revolt crackdown was replaced in a cabinet reshuffle on Thursday as the security forces struggle to curb Islamist attacks.
The removal of Mohammed Ibrahim, who had been appointed interior minister by now ousted Islamist president Mohammed Morsi and survived an assassination attempt in 2013, follows mounting concern over a surge in deadly militancy.
The presidency announced the 61-year-old was being reassigned to the post of deputy prime minister, in a move just days before an international conference Cairo is organizing to attract investment. (Read more)
6. Jewish graves desecrated on Mount of Olives - Times of Israel
Several Jewish gravestones at the cemetery on the Mount of Olives were found desecrated Friday afternoon, hours after a Palestinian man from East Jerusalem's Ras al-Amud, which is adjacent to the site, injured five people in a car attack.
It is not clear if the two incidents were connected but police said there would be "zero tolerance" for any attempts of public disturbances. (Read more)
7. Purim Terror Attack in Jerusalem Leaves Injured Victims and Residents Shaken - United With Israel
As the residents of Jerusalem celebrated Purim Friday morning, a car-ramming and knifing terror attack injured 5 Israelis near a Jerusalem light rail station.
A terror attack in Jerusalem on Friday morning March 6 left five people injured when a car drove into them at a light rail station.
Israel's emergency services organization Magen David Adom (MDA) was alerted that a number of people were injured on Shimon HaTzadik street when a car slammed into a group of people including three female police officers, according to early reports.
MDA spokesman Zaki Heller said that paramedics immediately arrived on scene and treated the five who were injured, all who were conscious. Early reports indicate that two of the victims were moderately injured. (Read more)
8. Today's Weekly Newsletter from Intercessors for Israel
The Daily Jot
Friday, March 6, 2015
NBC News Interview--Iran says Israel should be annihilated
While NBC News' Ann Curry seemingly conducted a timely interview with Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, the purpose from the Iranian side was to paint Israeli Prime Minister as a child killer and an obstacle to peace. The spin was in full motion for Iran to look reasonable and to discount concerns that Iran was developing a nuclear weapon. It was full of denials from the man known to shout at those negotiating with him, including Secretary of State John Kerry. Breitbat, however, reported found buried in the transcript of the interview that Zarif once again, at Curry's persistent questioning, said that Israel "should be annihilated. That this regime is a threat."
Zarif at first denied that Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Hosseini Khamenei had tweeted that Israel should be annihilated. Then Zarif admitted to that and went on to say that the Netanyahu regime is a threat that should be annihilated. This is the story that didn't make the headlines at a time when the US "president" is trying to convince Americans that it is all right to allow Iran to enrich uranium for nuclear purposes because the terrorist sponsoring state has given its word that it will not develop a nuclear bomb. Netanyahu says otherwise, pointing out that the deal being cooked up by the White House and negotiated by Kerry, is the very path for a nuclear Iran.
This is an example of how the fourth estate, the free press, is not doing its job. NBC has been long considered a shill for this Islamist Marxist White House, and once again is proven its reputation. All week, Iran and the US "president" have done their best to discredit the leader of the primary state at risk if Iran gets the bomb--Israel. Iran has repeatedly, along with its terrorist allies--Hamas, Hezbollah, al Qaeda, and a host of other Islamic terrorist arms both Shiite and Suni, said that Israel must be annihilated. Yet the American White House chimes in with virtually the same rhetoric trying to discredit the leader that says Iran is lying. So who is lying?
The Apostle Paul writes about the coming end times in 2 Timothy. Verses 1-5 say, "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, truce-breakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God: Having the form of godliness, but denying the power thereof." Does this not describe the players in this Iranian nuclear deal? It is insane to think that a terrorist sponsoring state would tell the truth, or that an Islamist Marxist "president" would know the truth. The last four words of verse 5 are: "from such turn away."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Sign a Petition: "Not One Bomb for Iran"
Grassroots Campaign Launched to Tell the President:
"Not One Bomb For Iran"
The International Christian Embassy Jerusalem (ICEJ), US Division, is sponsoring a grassroots letter-writing campaign to say to President Obama: "Not One Bomb for Iran."
The text of this letter, and information to sign up, follows.
Please spread the word about this critical campaign. NOW is the time to act! Thank you.
TEXT OF LETTER:
Dear President Obama:
We the people of the United States of America are deeply concerned about the impending threat a nuclear capable Iran poses for both Israel and the United States. We believe that America and its allies must demand that Iran fully dismantle its nuclear program. We do not believe Iran can be trusted to simply keep its word. Consequently, we believe any agreement between the United States and Iran must conform to the following two standards.
1. ) Any agreement the Administration signs with Iran must completely dismantle the regime's ability to build a nuclear bomb.
2. ) Congress must ratify any agreement proposed by the Administration with regard to Iran's nuclear program.
As the people of the United States we must settle for nothing less.
> > > To learn more about this project, and how you can sign your own name to this petition, please go here.
The Good News Corner
Congressional Message to the Saudi King: "Improve Religious Freedom!"-Signed by 67 Members, Find Out Which Ones. . . .
In a new letter endorsed by International Christian Concern and Amnesty International, 63 Members of Congress today called upon King Salman of Saudi Arabia to make significant reforms in the area of human rights and religious freedom. The letter, led by Congressmen Jim McGovern (D-MA) and Peter Roskam (R-IL), is the first of its kind sent to the newly installed monarch and sends a strong message to a nation widely considered one of the most restrictive on earth.
The letter, after expressing condolences at the death of the King's brother, includes a list of recommendations for human rights improvements. "In this moment of transition... you have an historic opportunity... to strengthen education and initiate judicial reform, by ending the ban on women driving... lifting restrictions on public gatherings and social media; reforming "anti-terror" laws that have criminalized some who peacefully express criticism; ensuring due process in criminal proceedings and ending the use of torture; and allowing religious minorities to exercise their faiths..." the letter reads.
In addition to Members of Congress, the letter was also endorsed by a broad coalition of 15 non-governmental organizations (NGO's), including International Christian Concern, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, and Equality Now. The unusually broad coalition of NGO's, and the bi-partisan make-up of the letter, is indicative of the widespread concern for human rights abuses taking place in Saudi Arabia.
CC's Advocacy Director, Isaac Six, said, "There are few nations on earth more emphatically determined to suppress religious freedom than the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, yet few people around the world understand just how repressive the regime actually is. This letter is significant for two reasons. First, it sends a clear message to the Saudi leadership that they must very carefully consider their policies on religious freedom and human rights in the calculus of the U.S.-Saudi bilateral relationship. This in and of itself could alleviate some of the suffering of religious and other minorities in the country. Secondly, it reminds the world that these restrictions are not a joke, that they deeply impact the lives of millions of men, women, and children who deserve to be treated with the same respect that many of us enjoy on a daily basis, and that a significant number of our elected representatives have and will continue to make removing these restrictions a high priority of our nation's foreign policy. ICC is honored to have been a contributor to this initiative, and we must express our sincere gratitude to our other NGO partners as well as Members of Congress who took the time to endorse this important letter." (International Christian Concern)
Click here to view the letter, and those who signed it.
[Reported by: Breaking Christian News]
Signs and Wonders
MASSIVE eruptions in Japan -
Sakurajima Volcano blows its top
Sakurajima volcano, located in South Japan, just experienced two very large eruptions within an hour of each other. The first blast, itself impressive to see , is dwarfed by the 2nd blast which follows. (Dates: March 3rd and 4th)
To view this eruption, go here. [Eruption begins to explode at about 1:30 seconds into this video.]
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
SINGING OVER ME
- Kari Jobe
Worship Our Lord in the Beauty of His Holiness