Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, March 9, 2015
"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you." (Deuteronomy 30:6)
The Daily Brief
1. Senator Jeff Sessions Leaves EPA Chief Unable to Justify Money Grab - Breitbart
At a Senate Environment and Public Works Committee hearing, Senator Jeff Sessions grilled EPA chief Gina McCarthy and left her unable to justify her money grab, showing that she could not explain whether climate change models were correct or not. SESSIONS: I think EPA this year should be flat spending, or at least no more than 2.5 percent increase, you're proposing a 6 percent increase. I mean, where does the money come from? Are you proposing to break the limitations? (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we raise up praise that Senator Jeff Sessions challenged EPA chief Gina McCarthy as to why she is asking for a 6% increase for this year out of the budget, especially since this nation is operating with a budget that is way beyond the income being received. We also bind the spirits behind the many new EPA regulations which she is trying to implement that are derived from the executive branch of government. Lord, we seek more congressional oversight over all EPA regulations before they can be implemented. We pray this in Jesus' Name, amen and amen.
- "Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; nor His ear heavy,that it cannot hear." (Isaiah 59:1 NKJV)
2. Obama's Amnesty Projected To Grant $1.7 Billion Of Taxpayer Funds To Illegals - Daily Caller
President Barack Obama's November amnesty will give $1.7 billion in taxpayers' cash to illegal immigrants, according to a congressional study. The news emerged two days after top Republican leaders overcame GOP opposition to a 2015 budget bill that allows Obama to fund his unpopular amnesty for roughly 5 million illegals.
"The program could cost taxpayers $1.7 billion over 10 years, almost all of it in the first five years," according to a report by the McClatchy Washington Bureau. The rebates are allowed by the IRS' interpretation of existing laws governing the Earned Income Tax Credit program, which was designed to subsidize low-wage employment in the United States.
The Joint Committee on Taxation compiled the estimate, which was obtained by McClatchy. "Those who were working illegally in the United States shouldn't be rewarded for doing so," said a statement to McClatchy from Republican Iowa Sen. Charles Grassley, who is pushing a bill that would bar tax payments to illegals. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we come before You and ask You to rise up, supporting the passage of Republican Iowa Sen. Charles Grassley's bill that would bar tax payments to illegal immigrants using the IRS department's Earned Income Tax Credit program. Clearly, even though the illegal immigrants may have worked here, they did not pay any money as taxes to the IRS so they should not qualify for a 'refund'. Help us, Father, to stop this disgraceful action, in Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "The way of the Lord is strength for the upright, but destruction will come to the workers of iniquity." (Proverbs 10:29 NKJV)
3. FBI Director: ISIS Tentacles Reach into All 50 U.S. States - Breitbart
The presence of the Islamic State (ISIS, ISIL) in the United States can be felt in all 50 states, according to the director of the FBI. FBI Director James Comey told the National Association of Attorneys General that ISIS is a "chaotic spider web" that avidly uses social media to radicalize people across the United States. "We have investigations of people in various stages of radicalizing in all 50 states," said Comey, adding, "This isn't a New York phenomenon or a Washington phenomenon. This is all 50 states and in ways that are very hard to see."
He made those comments as the FBI arrested three men in Brooklyn, New York for attempting to provide support to ISIS. Comey said his agency is investigating suspected ISIS supporters who reside in all 50 states. "Those people exist in every state. I have homegrown violent extremist investigations in every single state. Until a few weeks ago there was 49 states. Alaska had none which I couldn't quite figure out. But Alaska has now joined the group so we have investigations of people in various stages of radicalizing in all 50 states," Comey said. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, this confirmation of how ISIS is already in every state of our nation is so very serious. We are thankful that FBI Director James Comey affirms that they are being watched and investigated. We decree, Father, that the blood bought stake of the cross of Jesus Christ be jammed into the 'gears' of this demonic organization so that it cannot expand or carry out its dark, violent plans in our nation; and we pray for those who now suffer under ISIS' grip in nations overseas. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered; let those also who hate Him flee before Him." (Psalm 68:1 NKJV)
4. U.S. Justice Department Hires Radical Imam Fouad ElBayly to Teach Federal Inmates about Islam - Daily Caller
An Egyptian-born imam who in 2007 said that Somali-born activist Ayaan Hirsi Ali should receive the death penalty for her criticism of Islam is now a Department of Justice contractor hired to teach classes to Muslims who are in federal prison. According to federal spending records, Fouad ElBayly, the imam at Islamic Center of Johnstown in Pennsylvania, was contracted by the DOJ's Bureau of Prisons beginning last year to teach the classes to Muslim inmates at Cumberland Federal Correctional Institution in Cumberland, Md. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, have mercy on us that the DOJ has hired this imam to teach Moslems in the US prison system. We stand in the gap and repent for this affront to You alone, Father, for this action. Forgive us Lord! We take the blood bought cross of Jesus Christ as a stake and drive it through these teaching sessions, decreeing for them to cease and desist by being totally thrown into chaos and confusion, achieving nothing. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "To do evil is like sport to a fool, but a man of understanding has wisdom." (Proverbs 10:23 NKJV)
5. DNI: 'Confirmed' That 116 Former Gitmo Detainees Returned to Terror or Insurgencies - CNSNews.com
The Director of National Intelligence released a report this week indicating that the United States has "confirmed" that 116 detainees "transferred" out of the prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, subsequently reengaged in terrorist or insurgent activities. The report also warned: "Based on trends identified during the past eleven years, we assess that some detainees currently at GTMO will seek to reengage in terrorist or insurgent activities after they are transferred."
The DNI first publicly warned more than four years ago--in December 2010--that the number of then already "transferred" Guantanamo detainees returning to terror and insurgent activity would increase as time passed and that if additional detainees were released in the future some of those would also return to terrorist and insurgent activities. Despite this warning, the DNI's new report indicates that between Jan. 14, 2014 and Jan. 15, 2015 the U.S. government released an additional 33 Guantanamo detainees. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, this report confirms what a number of people have tried to report about the release of Gitmo prisoners. Many of the detainees who have been released are active again in terrorist activities, fueled more strongly by their anger at having been incarcerated inside Gitmo. We ask for mercy, Father, and that the release of the remaining prisoners be re-considered, based upon this report. We ask this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "'There is no peace,' says the Lord, 'for the wicked.'" (Isaiah 48:22 NKJV)
6. Emails show Clinton aides running interference during Benghazi attack - Fox News
Emails obtained through a federal lawsuit show that two top aides to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton were running interference internally during the 2012 Benghazi terror attack. The aides were Philippe Reines, widely described as Clinton's principal gate-keeper, and Cheryl Mills, who has been at Clinton's side for decades.
The emails show that while receiving updates about the assault as it happened, Mills told then-State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland to stop answering reporter questions about the status of Ambassador Chris Stevens, who was missing and later found dead.
Also littered throughout the State Department emails, obtained by conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch, are references to a so-called Benghazi Group. A diplomatic source told Fox News that was code inside the department for the so-called Cheryl Mills task force, whose job was damage control. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we thank You that these emails are now being exposed and available for review by various investigative groups. May these 'privately saved' emails regarding the tragedy that took place at Benghazi be utilized to fully investigate the illegalities of this event. We ask for justice, in Jesus' name, Amen and Amen.
- "It is a joy for the just to do justice, But destruction will come to the workers of iniquity." (Proverbs 21:15)
7. Egypt's El-Sisi Closing 27,000 Mosques in Effort to Fight Islamic Terror -Shoebat Foundation
Egyptian President Gen. Abdel Fatah el-Sisi continues to demonstrate leadership on a world stage. As his country is surrounded by ISIS terrorists and threatened by Turkey, the el-Sisi government is closing more than 25,000 Mosques in Egypt. Known as smaller, "local places of worship" the closure of these facilities indicates that el-Sisi is taking steps to "revolutionize" Islam, which he called for during a speech at al-Azhar University in Cairo late last year. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise to You for what Egyptian President el-Sisi continues to do to show how he is truly concerned with reigning in the thugs of the Moslem Brotherhood in his country. Father, may these actions continue and may they influence other nations - including our own -- to follow his example. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "He will bring justice to the poor of the people; He will save the children of the needy, and He will break in pieces the oppressor." (Psalm 72:4 NKJV)
8. Russia begins month-long military drills in Urals - PressTv (Iran)
Russia has launched month-long military drills in three regions of the Urals, involving 4,500 servicemen, as the country is boosting its defense capabilities amid NATO expansion in Eastern Europe. The Russian Defense Ministry released a statement on Wednesday, saying the drills will include "more than 30 controlled exercises with rocket strikes and firing artillery," using Grad and Uragan rocket complexes.
The ministry added that half of the drills will be conducted at night in the regions of Kemerovo, Chelyabinsk and Orenburg. The war games come as Russia has announced plans to boost the country's military capabilities. On Monday, Russia's navy chief, Admiral Viktor Chirkov, said Moscow plans to expand its naval fleet with 50 vessels this year.
The decision to strengthen Russia's defense capabilities comes as the Western military alliance NATO plans to expand its military presence in Eastern Europe amid the crisis in Ukraine. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, this report of Russian military drills in the Urals is a warning sign, a 'red flag', which should alert the rest of the world to a serious threat of war arising. Help us, Father! We pray in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- For thus has the Lord said to me: "Go, set a watchman, Let him declare what he sees." (Isaiah 21:6)
9. Putin to Visit Iran Soon, Says Tehran - Newsweek
Russian President Vladimir Putin is due to visit Iran in the "near future" according to Iran's official spokeswoman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Marzieh Afkham, Iranian news channel Press TV reported today. Russian parliamentary advisor and founder of Russia's Contemporary Iran Institute Radjab Safarov has estimated that Putin's visit to Tehran could take place as soon as next month, telling Russian newspaper Rossiskaya Gazeta it would take place between April and May.
Afkham did not say what the meeting would focus on, but it comes shortly after Russia's state arms contractor Rostec issued a statement that it was considering selling Iran aircraft and Antey 2500 ballistic air missiles, which are capable of taking down ballistic and cruise missiles. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, here is a further warning that the possibility of war is rising up from actions by Russia. We seek Your mercy, Lord, for the Middle East nations upon which these Russian weapons may be used, especially praying for Your special land, Israel. We ask that You rise up as spoken in Your Word and keep Israel miraculously protected, praying this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you." (Isaiah 43:2 NKJV)
10. Syrian Christians Plead for Help as ISIS Launches New Attack - Breitbart
Syrian Christians have this morning put out a desperate appeal for help as ISIS launches new attacks against them along the Khabour River in northeast Syria. According to Rima Tüzün of the European Syriac Union, members of the community who have taken up arms to defend themselves are without ammunition, and 17 Syriac Military Council fighters are surrounded by ISIS in the town of Tel Maghasneh.
Yesterday, March 6, several news outlets reported that all the remaining prisoners had been released. But today the European Syriac Union is reporting that is not true. (Read more)
Please also read: "ISIS Crosses River in New Attacks on Assyrian Villages in Syria" - The Counter Jihad Report (Go here)
- Father God, from these two reports it is clear that ISIS wants this area so that they can control the border with Turkey and have another front to invade Iran from the north, and that the lives of all Christians in this region are in danger. Given these facts, we offer these needs to you in prayer:
- for the preservation of the lives of the residents and defenders of these villages and cities
- for the miraculous ability to defend themselves against ISIS
- for the ability of refugees to flee across border with Turkey (currently closed)
- for humanitarian and military supplies to reach these fighters
- for ISIS to turn and flee,
- and for ISIS to turn and flee, miracles of deliverance.
Lord God, we pray that that the US and its international partners to get serious about protecting Christians and other minorities and to reconsider the current strategy of just pushing ISIS in Iraq back across the Syrian border. We cry out in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "O Lord my God, in You I put my trust; Save me from all those who persecute me; And deliver me . . ." (Psalm 7:2)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Dennis Ross: 'Netanyahu never agreed to '67 borders or division of Jerusalem' - Israel Hayom
Dennis Ross, the man allegedly behind the "concessions document" published by Yedioth Ahronoth over the weekend, told Israel Hayom that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu "never agreed to Israeli withdrawal to 1967 borders, dividing Jerusalem or the right of return."
The document, which the Likud party claims is part of an orchestrated campaign to topple the current leadership, purports to have been presented in August 2013 and appears to detail the framework for peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians, suggesting a willingness by the Netanyahu-led government to make dramatic concessions.
According to Ross, the American diplomat who mediated the talks between Israeli negotiator Isaac Molho and Palestinian negotiator Hussein Agha, which included the document in question, "I always felt the best way to [negotiate] would be in a brainstorming set of discussions that could be informal. To that end, starting before I left the administration and continuing after I left, I worked with two long-time friends of mine, Isaac Molho and Hussein Agha, with the aim of coming up with a U.S. proposal for a framework. The idea was that both sides would agree to negotiate using the U.S. proposal, while making clear that they had reservations about provisions that ran counter to their positions." (Read more)
2. Steinitz says document allegedly offering Israeli concessions to PA is an American one that Israel never agreed to - Israel National News
Intelligence Minister Yuval Steinitz, a close associate of Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, insisted on Friday that a report in Yedioth Aharonoth, outlining supposed land concessions offered to the Palestinian Authority by Netanyahu, was false.
According to the report, in secret talks with the PA, Netanyahu's representative presented a document offering a bevy of concessions, including a return to the 1949 Armistice lines with land swaps on a meter for meter basis, certain recognition of PA aspirations for Jerusalem, a PA hold in the Jordan Valley, a possibility for "Palestinian refugee" return on an individual basis, the evacuation of Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria, and leaving some Jewish residents under PA rule.
The document in question, Steinitz claimed in an interview with Channel 2 News, is an American proposal "that presents what we do not agree with."
"Despite agreeing in principle to the two-state formula, we say unequivocally that in the situation in the Middle East today, any withdrawal from Judea and Samaria or Jerusalem is not a recipe for peace, but rather a recipe for disaster," he said.
"The way this document was presented is suitable for Purim - we never agreed to anything in the document, and Attorney Molcho (Netanyahu's representative in the talks) did not agree either," Steinitz continued. (Read more)
3. Obama planning to pressure Israel? Likud officials say, 'Bring it on' - Jerusalem Post
Amid reports that US President Barack Obama plans to utilize the final 20 months of his term in office to push through a major diplomatic initiative in the Israeli-Palestinian sphere, officials in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's ruling Likud party on Friday privately expressed glee over the prospect.
Likud officials reacted to a report in the liberal daily Haaretz which cited White House sources as saying that Obama has every intention of revisiting the issue after a new government is formed in Jerusalem.
"We would like to see the formation of the new government in Israel and its attitude to this issue," a US official told Haaretz. "But in the year and a half to two years that Obama has left in the White House, we will have to deal with this issue because time is working against us." (Read more)
4. Israel fires at Gaza boats, kills Palestinian fisherman - Jerusalem Post
The Israeli navy opened fire on boats off the coast of the Gaza Strip on Saturday, killing one Palestinian fisherman, Gaza hospital officials said.
Citing security concerns, Israel keeps a naval blockade on Gaza, which is ruled by the Islamist Hamas movement, and has designated a six nautical-mile fishing zone off the enclave's coast.
An Israeli military spokeswoman said four vessels had strayed from the fishing zone and that the Israeli army opened fire after the boats did not heed calls to halt. (Read more)
5. 'Dampened by Iron Dome, Hamas shifts to short-range rockets' - Times of Israel
Faced with the high success rate of Israel's Iron Dome defense system against mid-range rockets, Hamas in the Gaza Strip has reportedly been redoubling its efforts to produce shorter-range projectiles, which proved deadlier during its summer 2014 war with Israel.
According to a report in the Hebrew-language newspaper Makor Rishon over the weekend, Hamas's decision to focus on producing and testing - by firing out to sea - rockets with a range of up to 30 kilometers is also due to a shortage in explosives.
"Almost all of the tests that are aimed at the sea are of short-range rockets," a senior IDF officer was quoted by the report as saying. "They've recently been putting a lot of effort into short-range rockets." (Read more)
6. From 'Peace Now' to the Jewish Home Party - Israel National News
Anat Roth tells of her remarkable journey from the far-left to the nationalist camp, and how she's symbolic of a wider Israeli awakening. (Read more)
- Lord God Jehovah, we American people were able to witness first-hand last week the amazing gift of statesmanship that You have given to P.M. Benyamin Netanyahu. We ask, dear Lord, that You awaken many more Israeli citizens to see the truth that Anat Roth and now the American people have seen, and that they would vote accordingly in their elections next week. In Your name, amen.
- "Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
Pastor Saeed 'Shaken'
Pastor Saeed 'Shaken' as Iranian Authorities Execute His Six Fellow Prisoners
U.S. Pastor Saeed Abedini, who has now been in an Iranian jail for his Christian faith for nearly two-and-a-half years, is "shaken" as six of his fellow prisoners were executed around him this week, his wife, Naghmeh, says.
"Saeed was quite shaken as he had to witness 6 fellow prisoners being beaten and taken to be executed (hanged) that day," Naghmeh was quoted as saying in a report by American Center for Law and Justice on Saturday.
"It was a hard and dark day having witnessed that and seeing life being taken. The prison visit was also very hard as the families of those who were executed were crying and wailing," she added. (Christian Post) Read more
- Father God, we cry out for the release of this dear brother in Christ. We ask that his life not become a political pawn in the tension that now exists between the United States and Iran. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "They gather together against the life of the righteous,
And condemn innocent blood.
But the Lord has been my defense,
And my God the rock of my refuge.
He has brought on them their own iniquity,
And shall cut them off in their own wickedness;
The Lord our God shall cut them off." (Psalm 94:21-23)
The Good News Corner
US Christian Millionaire Joins the Fight Against ISIS
He's at least a half-billionaire, a committed Christian and, for the Islamic State (ISIS), Foster Friess may be their worst nightmare. Friess, a Republican mega-donor, has been waging a quiet one-man private war against ISIS, which is launching murderous onslaughts on the Kurds in Iraq, by funding Peshmerga Kurdish fighters.
In a recent email to Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., who has opposed further U.S. military involvement, Friess wrote: "Rand, I respect your reluctance to put Americans in harm's way by providing doctors, nurses, and mechanics to fix busted axles, technicians to deactivate booby traps, anti-tank weapons and personnel to protect them. Anti-war liberals can support these measures. But I wish I could dissuade you," Friess wrote.
"Maybe you are influenced by those who believe, 'they are all crazies over there, so why not stay out and let them kill each other?' It is understandably confusing to sort the good guys from the bad guys.
"America's blocking aid to the Kurds embarrasses me - No, I am ashamed," Friess said, according to The Washington Examiner. (Newsmax) Read more
Signs and Wonders
Dawn Orbiter Reaches Dwarf-Planet Ceres
The long-distance traveler has finally arrived at the first dwarf planet (and largest asteroid) yet studied by spacecraft.
If the best things in life are worth waiting for, then it's been totally worth it for the team of scientists and engineers involved in NASA's Dawn mission. After a 7½-year journey that covered 3.1 billion miles (4.9 billion km), the spacecraft has finally settled into orbit around its second and final destination: the giant asteroid 1 Ceres.
The orbital capture occurred today at 4:39 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (12:39 Universal Time), with the spacecraft about 38,000 miles (61,000 km) from Ceres and out of contact with Earth.
Mission flight controllers at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory received telemetry from Dawn about an hour later, confirming that the spacecraft was healthy and its ion thruster firing as planned. This thruster, which expels a steady stream of xenon ions at roughly 25 miles per second, has provided the gentle, continuous thrust that propelled Dawn first to asteroid 4 Vesta and now to Ceres. (Sky and Telescope) Read more.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"It Is Well With My Soul"
By Wesley Pritchard & David Phelps
Thank You, Lord . . . it IS well with my soul!
Two Daily Conference Calls
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!