We wish a Happy Birthday today
to Justice Antonin Scalia
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you." (Deuteronomy 30:6)
The Daily Brief
1. Hillary Clinton: I sent personal emails to my husband. Bill: I don't use email - The Telegraph UK
Hillary says her controversial private server contained 'personal communications from my husband and me', while Bill has claimed he doesn't use email. (Read more)
- Lord, this is so sad . . . such a clear example of leaders in our government not being able to tell the truth, and hence contradicting each other in the process. Moreover, this story comes to us from a newspaper in England -- making us a mockery in the world. Help us, O Lord we pray. We as a people have clearly lost our way. In Your name we pray, amen and amen.
- "Do not lie." (Lev. 19:18)
2. Key lawmakers close to deal on education law - USA Today
A bipartisan deal to overhaul the No Child Left Behind education law is nearly complete and will be ready for a committee vote on April 13, two key Senate lawmakers said Monday.
Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., chairman of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions committee, has been working with the top Democrat on the panel, Sen. Patty Murray of Washington.
"We are making significant progress in our negotiations," the pair said in a joint statement. (Read more)
- Father, how we educate our children is such a serious matter, and has been on Your heart since the beginning of time. We ask that, before this bill leaves Congress, only language that is pleasing in Your sight be included in its text, and all other words be stripped from the final version. We ask for Your wisdom in this critical matter, dear Lord, we pray, amen and amen.
- "Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them." (Deuteronomy 4:9)
3. Eric Holder's Speech Police - Wall Street Journal
You know the 2016 election is heating up when the Justice Department announces it's gearing up to prosecute campaign-finance "coordination" between candidates and outside groups. If you thought the IRS targeting of conservative nonprofits was troubling, watch what Justice can do to criminalize political speech.
Justice said in a recent statement that it plans to "aggressively pursue coordination offenses at every appropriate opportunity." That's a warning for Republican candidates and the SuperPacs that support them. Note to major players: The federal government can subpoena your documents, email, computers and bank records in a political fishing expedition conducted by the FBI. (Read more)
- Lord, as Your children, we appeal to the High Court of Heaven to rule and to reign over the courts of man, when they are acting outside of Your will. We ask for the grace to withstand the hand of tyranny, and for the resources to be able to do so. We thank You, Lord, that Your resources are much greater than that of man, so we entrust this matter to you, for our protection and for our well-being as citizens of the United States of America. In Your name we offer this prayer, amen and amen.
- "Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken." (Psalm 55:22)
4. Conservative Black Leaders: Obama's Likening Selma to Gay Activism 'Ridiculous,' 'An Insult' - CNSNews.com
Conservative black leaders are calling President Barack Obama's likening of homosexual activism to the 1965 Selma to Montgomery civil rights march "ridiculous" and "an insult."
"We're the gay Americans whose blood ran in the streets of San Francisco and New York, just as blood ran down this bridge," President Obama said in a speech delivered Saturday at the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Ala.
The speech was given at an event commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Selma to Montgomery civil rights marches. Obama spoke on "what America is," and referenced what he considered to be defining moments in our nation's history.
"There were some good things in it," Bishop E.W. Jackson of STAND (Staying True to America's National Destiny) acknowledged of the president's speech. "But I think the thesis of the president's speech seems to be that what makes America great is protest, what makes America great is criticism of our country and he's wrong." (Read more)
- O Lord, once again we cry out for You to forgive Barack Hussein Obama, for he knows not what he does. We bind the spirits of racism in our nation; and we bind the spirit of perversion that was stirred up in this speech, too. Come Lord Jesus. As we repent, please visit us and show us Your ways again. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."
5. NSA sued by Wikimedia, rights groups over mass surveillance - Reuters
The U.S. National Security Agency was sued on Tuesday by Wikimedia and other groups challenging one of its mass surveillance programs that they said violates Americans' privacy and makes individuals worldwide less likely to share sensitive information.
The lawsuit filed in federal court in Maryland, where the spy agency is based, said the NSA is violating U.S. constitutional protections and the law by tapping into high-capacity cables, switches and routers that move Internet traffic through the United States. The case is a new potential legal front for privacy advocates who have challenged U.S. spying programs several times since 2013, when documents leaked by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden revealed the long reach of government surveillance.
Other lawsuits have challenged the bulk collection of telephone metadata and are pending in U.S. appeals courts. (Read more)
- Abba Father, this lawsuit against the NSA opens up the challenges that the USA has in gathering information to keep us safe versus the security risk when information is leaked outside our borders. Lord, we ask that You give godly insight, wisdom and understanding to the judges who are hearing this case. In His Name we pray, Amen
- "The Spirit of the LORD will rest on Him, The spirit of wisdom and understanding, The spirit of counsel and strength, The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD." (Isaiah 11:2)
6. Al-Aqsa Mosque Address: May the Muslims Wage War on America - Israel National News
In a recent address at the Al-Aqsa Mosque, a Palestinian Arab political researcher launched a verbal tirade against the United States. The researcher, Ahmad Al-Khatwani, also known as "Abu Hamza", declared that Muslims should pray that Allah will enable them to wage war on America and vanquish it. Abu Hamza also expressed his desire that the Muslims "raid America on its own land." The address was given on February 18, 2015, and was translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI). (Read more)
- Lord, Your Body of Christ in America declares that these words will fall and not come into being. We declare that these curses fall back on those who curse us, and that they will be no more. We silence these lying tongues in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen
- "Let the lying lips be mute, Which speak arrogantly against the righteous With pride and contempt." (Psalm 31:18)
7. Rep. King on Iran Nuke Deal: 'If It's a Treaty, You Have To Go To The Senate' - CNSNews.com
Representative Peter King (R-N.Y.) said the nuclear deal President Barack Obama is negotiating with Iran, if it is a treaty, should be submitted to the Senate for a ratification vote, which would require two-thirds of the senators to vote in favor for it to pass, as required by the Constitution.
n Washington, D.C. on Tuesday, CNSNews.com asked Rep. King if he believed President Obama should submit the Iranian nuclear deal to the Senate for a vote.
King said, "I think he surely should." (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that we still have leaders on Capitol Hill who know the Constitution and seek to obey its law. We ask that You would raise up more voices to stand alongside Rep. Peter King, demanding that no action be taken regarding a treaty with Iran, without congressional approval. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it." (John 14:14)
8. Obama mocks Republican letter to Iran over nuclear talks - BBC
US President Barack Obama has criticised a letter from Republican senators to Iran, accusing them of "interfering" in ongoing nuclear talks. He said the 47 senators made an "unusual coalition" with Iran's hard-line religious leaders. The letter reminds Iran that any deal is just an executive agreement unless it gets congressional approval. (Read more)
- Abba Father, the freshman senator from Oklahoma, Tom Cotton, has led 47 senators into what Obama calls an "unusual coalition" with Iran's hard-line religious leaders. Abba we are trying to get a good deal that will dismantle Iran's nuclear facilities. Lord, we want a good deal so that Israel and the rest of the world will be safe. We humbly ask that Your angels intervene in these meetings so that Your will is done. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen.
- "Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. 'Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:9-10)
9. Iran selects new head of body in charge of 'Supreme Leader' position - Jerusalem Post
Iran has selected a new figure to head its national Assembly of Experts, a body that governs the tenure of the Supreme leader... Ayatollah Mohammad Yazdi, a cleric who had served as the head of Iran's Judiciary branch between 1989 and 1999, was among other candidates considered for the position, both of whom are senior clerics in the Islamic Republic's regime and hold the title of Ayatollah. Yazdi's selection to this new position comes in light of reports that the current Supreme leader, Ayatollah Khamenei, who suffers from stage four prostate cancer, was hospitalized last week after his health began deteriorating rapidly. Iran has been fending off accusations that Khamenei is on his death-bed amid foreign speculation of who might replace him. The country, an Islamic Republic at whose helm is an Islamic scholar who prescribes law according to his expertise, would be left with a gap in its leadership if the current leader were to die without a clear replacement. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we pray for Ayatollah Mohammad Yazdi and we ask for his salvation. We ask that You give him dreams and visions that he may come to know Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. We also pray the same miracle for Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. May their salvation together lead Iran out of darkness into the light of Your glory. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- " . . . open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.'" (Acts 26:18)
10. Russia's anti-American fever goes beyond the Soviet era's - Washington Post
Thought the Soviet Union was anti-American? Try today's Russia. After a year in which furious rhetoric has been pumped across Russian airwaves, anger toward the United States is at its worst since opinion polls began tracking it. From ordinary street vendors all the way up to the Kremlin, a wave of anti-U.S. bile has swept the country, surpassing any time since the Stalin era, observers say. (Read more)
- Abba, It seems that Vladimir Putin is stoking the fires of anti-Americanism because of all the sanctions that have been put on Russia due to robbing the Crimea and invading the Ukraine. The propaganda machine fed by the Kremlin wants to point the finger at the USA for all of its problems. Russia seems consumed with a "passionate, conspiracy-laden fascination with the methods that Washington is supposedly using to foment unrest in the Ukraine and Russia." Abba Father, we bind and silence the lying spirits that are attempting to destroy the USA/Russia relationship in the name of Jesus Christ. And we ask that You release the spirit of Truth over Russia. We ask that You would silence the voice of aggression against the USA that is starting to come to a crescendo. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "Let me not beput to shame, O LORD, for I call upon You; Let the wicked be put to shame, let them be silent in Sheol. Let the lying lips be mute, Which speak arrogantly against the righteous with pride and contempt." (Psalm 31:17-18)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Netanyahu: There is a worldwide effort to topple Likud rule - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu suggested Monday to a meeting of Likud activists in Kiryat Gat that there is an international effort to remove him from power.
In a recording of the meeting obtained by Army Radio and aired on Tuesday, Netanyahu is heard saying of the current election campaign, "This a very close battle. Nothing is ensured because there is a great, worldwide effort to topple Likud rule." (Read more)
2. US 'counts' on Israel to be committed to 2-state solution - Times of Israel
The US government said it remains committed to a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and expects to have Israeli and Palestinian partners who are committed to that goal as well.
A day after a confusing back and forth in which the Prime Minister's Office denied that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had backed away from his support in principle for a two-state solution and that he had ruled out ceding any territory to the Palestinians, State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said Monday that US "commitment to achieving an end to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through a two-state negotiated solution remains strong" and that the US "count[s] on having Israeli and Palestinian partners who are also committed to that goal." (Read more)
- Abba, we pray for the US government and ask that You show them the importance of standing with Israel. We ask that You would convict their hearts of turning against Israel. Father, we pray for Your Will to be done and nothing that goes outside of Your plan be allowed to happen. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
3. 'There will be no concessions, no withdrawals; it is simply irrelevant' - Israel Hayom
"There will be no concessions and no withdrawals. It is simply irrelevant," the Likud party said in a statement on Sunday regarding Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's outlook on the peace process with the Palestinians.
The Likud statement came after Likud MK Tzipi Hotovely told a brochure distributed at religious Zionist synagogues that Netanyahu's 2009 Bar-Ilan address, in which he expressed support for the establishment of a Palestinian state, was "null and void."
"Netanyahu's entire political biography is a struggle against the establishment of an Arab state in Israeli territory," Hotovely said. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we thank You for the strength You have given to Prime Minister Netanyahu in standing firm on keeping Israel's land. We ask that You continue to guide his every thought and action. May he seek You and Your Will in protecting Israel and Your people. We ask that You fill him with Your Shalom peace and joy. Give him wisdom and discernment. Father, we also ask that You renew his mind and refresh his spirit. We ask that Your mighty hand be upon him now and in the coming week before election. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
4. South Africa Protests Target Israel Trade Event - Jewish Daily Forward
Protesters shouted anti-Israel epithets and threats outside of a South African Zionist Federation event in a Johannesburg suburb.
"You think this is Israel, we are going to kill you," protesters from the Israeli Apartheid Week and Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement shouted outside the Zionist Federation SA - Israel Expo in Sandton on Sunday. Other shouted statements included: "You Jews do not belong in South Africa" and "no Zionist conference be held on our soil." (Read more)
5. Palestinian Human Rights Abuses Revealed - Israel Today
"Hidden Injustices" remains the title of a groundbreaking and now updated report uncovering the extensive, atrocious and "hidden" abuses of human rights by the Palestinian Authority.
Palestinian censorship and threats of retribution have traditionally prevented most human rights organizations and governments from revealing the full-blown picture of the suffering of the Palestinian people by their own leadership.
Researchers at the Jerusalem Institute of Justice (JIJ) spent hundreds of hours documenting the PA's state sponsored abuse of human rights of the Palestinian people. "Sadly the Palestinian people have been (and remain) subject to numerous, severe violations of basic (human) rights -not primarily at the hands of Israelis, but from their own leaders," concludes the bold and extensive report subtitled, "Palestinian Authority andHamas Human Rights Violations in the West Bank and Gaza." (Read more)
The Daily Jot
Prophetic Analysis--White House Emboldens Ezekiel 38 Coalition
Irrespective of whether a "deal" can be reached between Iran and the White House that in theory delays Iran's nuclear ambitions ten years, there are tremendous prophetic implications. The president has accelerated prophecy by unlocking a 35 year ban of negotiating with the terrorist-sponsoring state in such a way that directly impacts Israel and promotes Iran as a main-stage player on the evil side in the Middle East. These negotiations are so important to advancing Islam against Israel, that the president is going dark, telling reporters that he will make the case to the American people about the Iranian deal after it is done.
The Weekly Standard reports that the president responded to a letter sent to Iran by nearly 50 Senators saying the "president" does not have the authority or political backing to cut the deal. He tried to tie the Senators to the Iranian terrorists saying, "I think it's somewhat ironic to see some members of Congress wanting to make common cause with the hardliners in Iran. It's an unusual coalition." Then the president said he would make the deal and then reveal what's in it: "And once we do--if we do--then we'll be able to make the case to the American people, and I'm confident we'll be able to implement it." In other words, the president will do his deal irrespective of the danger it poses to America or to Israel.
The mere elevation of Iran to a level of prominence as this White House has done, accelerates the prophecy clock. Iran's leadership has repeatedly stated that Israel must be eliminated from the face of the earth. The president's actions embolden, not discourage, the coalition of the nations mentioned in Ezekiel 38 to come against Israel "as a cloud to cover the land. (Ezekiel 38:15)." A study of ancient maps and historic texts reveal these nations today are: Turkey (Magog, Meshech, Tubal, Gomar, Togarmah); Iran (Persia); Sudan and North Eastern Africa (Ethiopia) and Libya (Libya and North Western Africa). The "president's" support of Arab Spring starting in 2010 already destabilized Libya and Northern Africa.
Irrespective of whether Iran has a nuclear weapon, recent actions accelerate the Ezekiel 38 prophecy toward reality. Some believe that the Ezekiel 38 battle involves a man-made nuclear weapon. This is not likely because the account of Ezekiel 38 says that Adonai Elohim (Hebrew for "Lord God," the Creator and Judge) himself causes a great earthquake in Israel, rain, hailstones, fire, and brimstone. God says he does these things "that the heathen may know me (verse 16)" and "I will be known in the eyes of many nations and they shall know that I am God. (verse 23)" Iran having a nuclear weapon may embolden the Ezekiel 38 coalition to attack Israel, but the world will know it is God who defeats the coalition with His own power. The "president's" actions appear to be emboldening the Ezekiel 38 coalition against Israel.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Gaza War 2014
The Gaza War 2014
The War Israel Did Not Want and the Disaster It Averted - See more at: http://jcpa.org/the-gaza-war-2014/#sthash.bqX6QIg9.dpuf
This excellent, detailed Executive Summary, covering the "Gaza War" last summer in Israel, was prepared by the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs.
To read this article, go here.
Urgent Prayer Alert
BREAKING NEWS: 7 Marines, 4 soldiers missing after Army helicopter
crashes in Florida
Remains wash up as officials fear missing Marines, soldiers are dead
HUMAN REMAINS have washed ashore near the Florida coast following the crash of a UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter carrying seven Marines and four soldiers, an Eglin Air Force Base spokeswoman says, while stating the military is still conducting a search-and-rescue operation in the area.
The 11 service members that include seven Marines and four soldiers who vanished after their Black Hawk helicopter crashed Tuesday night on the Florida Panhandle coastline are presumed dead, a military official told The Associated Press.
Search crews struggled with dense fog Wednesday morning but were able to locate debris believed to be from the Army National Guard helicopter-- a UH-60 Black Hawk-- that crashed during a routine exercise at about 8:20 p.m. Tuesday.
"At this time all are missing," Andy Bourland, a spokesman for Eglin Air Force Base, said.
Bourland told "Fox & Friends" that debris was found near the Navarre Bridge, which is located on a small strip of land between Choctawhatchee Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.
A spokeswoman from the base said in an e-mail that human remains washed ashore but said it is still considered a search-and-rescue mission.
- Father, we pray for successful search and rescue efforts for these marines and soldiers. We pray You bring to light all evidence pertaining to the cause of this crash. We pray comfort for all the families. Surround them with Your love. In Jesus Name.
- "Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. (Matthew 18:19)
A Special Blessing
A Special Blessing
21 Years on Capitol Hill
Last month, our prayer team quietly celebrated 21 years of standing "on the wall," in intercession for "all in authority" on Capitol Hill!
Coincidentally, and by the Hand of God, we were also approached at the same time by a ministry out of southern California, called Patriotic Remnant. When "PR" learned of our work, they asked if they might interview me during their short, weekly broadcast!
And so today, our anniversary gift to you, is this eight-minute audio interview, telling the story of the birth of our ministry, its vision, and where we are today.
To listen to this audio, please go here.
To visit the website for Patriotic Remnant, go here.
The Patriotic Remnant team sends out links to their weekly interviews via emails. To sign up for this wonderful service (a short prayer each week on a timely topic of interest), please send your own email address to:
The Good News Corner
New Israeli Cancer Vaccine Triggers Response In 90% Of Cancer Types
For decades, scientists have been trying to find a cure for cancer, a terminal illness that kills 8 million people worldwide every year. With 14 million new cancer cases diagnosed around the globe every year, according to the World Health Organization, the need for prevention is vital. Now, an Israeli biotechnology company is developing a vaccine for cancer, which is not designed to treat the disease - but to prevent it from returning.
Signs and Wonders
3 Tropical Cyclone Warnings/Alerts:
Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Vanuatu
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
There are three tropical cyclone/potential cyclone systems current in our area/neighbourhood.
Click on Fijian website www.met.gov.fj (you may find connection to website slow) and check details on left side of webpage re Severe Tropical Cyclone Pam which is currently Category 3 and forecasted to intensify to Category 4 as it moves south on the eastern side of all the islands of Vanuatu.
Click on our Bureau of Meteorology at www.bom.gov.au/cyclone/index.shtml to access tropical cyclone advices and forecast track maps for Tropical Cyclone Lathan, currently Category 1, off the North Queensland coast, and Tropical Low 1 off the WA coast which has the potential to cross the Pilbara coast as a cyclone.
Please pray in each case for the Lord to have mercy on man and beast and life and limb.
Prayer for Severe Tropical Cyclone Pam off Vanuatu should be our priority at this time
With love in Christ Jesus,
Australian Indigenous Prayer Network
PO Box 27, Mapleton, 4560, QLD
Ph: (07) 5478 6765
Today's Birthday on the Hill
Today we wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Justice Antonin Scalia
Governor Matt Mead (WY)
God bless you!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Rooftops" - Jesus Culture
Two Daily Conference Calls
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!