'EU report urges sanctions against Israel
over Jerusalem policies'
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, March 20, 2015
"The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come." (Joel 2:31)
The Daily Brief
1. "Breathtaking" solar eclipse witnessed by millions - BBC
Millions of people in the UK and northern Europe have glimpsed the best solar eclipse in years. A great swathe of the Earth's surface was plunged into darkness as the Moon came between us and the Sun.
From an aeroplane above the Faroe Islands, a BBC camera crew captured startling footage of the event reaching totality at 09:41 GMT. The deep shadow formed first in the North Atlantic and then swept up into the Arctic, ending at the North Pole. Experiencing a genuine total eclipse required a trip north of the British Isles - such as the flight taken by a BBC camera crew and Stargazing Live's Liz Bonnin, above the clouds in the Faroes. "We have a pretty spectacular view," Bonnin said. "This is extraordinary."
Few land areas were directly in the path of the Moon's deepest shadow - its so-called umbra - and seabirds probably had the some of the most dramatic eclipse experiences. Many professional and amateur astronomers positioned themselves in the Faroe Islands, where the capital city of Torshavn got totality for a full two minutes, beginning just before 09:41 GMT. (Read more) -- Note: this link includes the video footage of the eclipse, noted in this article.
- Lord of the Universe, how we bless Your Holy Name! You have formed and created all the Heavens, and all that exists was spoken into being through Your mouth!! Your Word is true and from everlasting to everlasting. What an awesome privilege to be part of Your creation, and be loved by You! You have promised in Joel 2:31 and Acts 2:20 that the "sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the great and terrible day of the Lord comes." Father, we ask that this awesome phenomenon will attract much attention, and that, as a result, many will seek You out, and find You, before it is too late. In Your Name we pray, Amen!
- "When I look at Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and stars that You set in place -- what are mere mortals, that You concern Yourself with them; humans, that You watch over them with such care?" (Psalm 8:4,5)
NOTE: To learn more about the prophetic implications of today's eclipse, please see the PULSE report, below.
2. US House Speaker John Boehner to visit Netanyahu - BBC
US House Speaker John Boehner plans to visit Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu in Israel. Republicans have been highly critical of President Barack Obama over the deteriorating relationship with Israel.Mr Boehner's visit will take place in April, weeks after a clear election victory for Mr Netanyahu's Likud party.
During the campaign, Mr Netanyahu vowed not to allow the establishment of a Palestinian state, angering the White House. Mr Netanyahu has since tempered those remarks, but the White House still warned there would be "consequences."
President Obama called Mr Netanyahu on Thursday to congratulate him on his election victory, but warned him that the US was reassessing its approach to Israeli-Palestine peace in the wake of Mr Netanyahu's comments. (Read more)
- Father, we realize that Obama is not used to not getting his way, and, hence, the "temper tantrum" over PM Netanyahu's reelection. We ask You to deal firmly with our president, in showing him his humanity, and the good news that he does not rule the world. His performance in the aftermath of the election in Israel is embarrassing to us as a nation. We ask that he would get the revelation that this is Your world, and he cannot issue any "executive orders" or "fatwas" to circumvent You. You alone are God, and we praise You, and worship You alone. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "Sing to the LORD, all the earth; proclaim His salvation day after day. Declare His glory among the nations, His marvelous deeds among all people. For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; He is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the LORD made the heavens." (I Chronicles 16:24-26)
3. Iran nuclear talks reportedly hit snag over lifting of sanctions as Obama makes appeal to Iran's people - Fox News
A dispute over when international sanctions against Iran would be lifted following a potential nuclear agreement reportedly is the latest issue to bog down negotiations.
According to The Wall Street Journal, Iran's negotiators say that sanctions must be lifted almost immediately after a deal is concluded. U.S. and European diplomats, for their part, hold that sanctions should only be lifted once Tehran accounts for its past nuclear activity and is confirmed to be using nuclear energy for peaceful means by the United Nations' nuclear watchdog. (Read more)
- Abba, we remember our awesome President, Ronald Reagan, who used to say "trust, but verify". We know that fallen human nature is such that trust without verification, leads to disaster. We therefore pray that verification stays a part of any agreement between Iran and any other nations(s) involved in this "nuclear deal". We ask that all hidden things be revealed, and exposed, and dealt with appropriately. We put our trust in You alone, and thank You for the truth, which, shall keep us free!! Amen!!
- "Everything that is hidden will be shown, and everything that is secret will be made known. What you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in an inner room will be shouted from the housetops. "I tell you, my friends, don't be afraid of people who can kill the body but after that can do nothing more to hurt you." (Luke 12:2-4)
4. Benghazi panel chairman to Hillary: Give us the email server - or else - Fox News
Rep. Trey Gowdy - the chairman of the congressional committee probing the Benghazi terror attacks - formally asks that Hillary Clinton turn over her personal server for review, warning that if Clinton won't comply, he will tell House Speaker John Boehner so he can use the 'full powers' of the House to take the 'necessary steps.' (Read more)
- Father, we pray that Mrs. Clinton will cooperate with these demands. The American people deserve to know the truth surrounding Benghazi. We desire truth and integrity among our leaders. We pray for any of our leaders, who may be hiding the truth, and ask You to convict them of their sins. Amen.
- "No, I tell you; unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."(Luke 13:5)ESV
5. 'Like an idiot I believed that': Judge blasts DOJ over immigration claims, threatens sanctions - Fox News
A federal judge sharply scolded a Justice Department attorney at a hearing on President Obama's immigration executive actions, suggesting that the administration misled him on a key part of the program -- and that he fell for it, "like an idiot."
The testy court hearing was held Thursday in Texas by U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen. The judge suggested he could order sanctions against the administration if he finds they indeed misrepresented the facts.
At issue is whether the DOJ misled the judge into believing that a plank of the Obama program -- giving deportation reprieves to thousands of young illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as children -- would not go forward before he made a ruling on a request to halt it. In fact, federal officials had given more than 108,000 people three-year reprieves before that date and granted them work permits under the program. (Read more)
- Father, we are saddened at this administration deceiving and hiding facts at every turn. Father, we continue to cry out for righteous leaders with integrity. Sweep through our government with truth, repentance, and revival. In Jesus name.
- Lying lips [are] abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly [are] his delight. (Proverbs 12:22)
6. Growing numbers seek faith-based alternative to ObamaCare - Fox News
Faced with the rising cost of insuring their family of five, Lisa and Jonathan Adams canceled their high-deductible health insurance policy and put their faith in Medi-Share, a Christian organization whose members help pay one another's major medical expenses. (Read more)
- Lord as the costs for insurance sky-rocket, we thank You for an alternative that appears to so far be free from government regulation. We pray that You will guard Medi-share and all Christian based groups from intervention by the federal government.
- "The house of the wicked will be overthrown, but the tent of the upright will flourish." (Proverbs 14:11)
7. House Approves Bill Granting Asylum to Families Persecuted for Homeschooling Children - ChristianHeadlines.com
A bill that will allow families who are persecuted by their governments for homeschooling children to be granted asylum in the U.S. was passed Wednesday. According to USA Today, the bill, which was brought on by Rep. Jason Chaffetz, will also make it more difficult for children fleeing gang violence in Central America to be granted asylum.
Supporters of the bill include Michael Farris, chairman of the Home School Legal Defense Association. He said, "No one should be forced to flee their homeland in order to homeschool. But that is what... families have had to do in order to escape crushing fines, criminal penalties and even the seizure of their children in countries like Germany and Sweden." (Read more)
- Father, thank You for this bill to grant families asylum who choose to homeschool their children. We are grateful for the support of the right to choose how families raise their children.
- Jacob answered, "They are the children God has graciously given your servant."(Genesis 33:5)
8. NASA: California Has One Year of Water Left - Newsweek
Plagued by prolonged drought, California now has only enough water to get it through the next year, according to NASA.
In an op-ed published Thursday by the Los Angeles Times, Jay Famiglietti, a senior water scientist at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California, painted a dire picture of the state's water crisis. California, he writes, has lost around 12 million acre-feet of stored water every year since 2011. In the Sacramento and San Joaquin river basins, the combined water sources of snow, rivers, reservoirs, soil water and groundwater amounted to a volume that was 34 million acre-feet below normal levels in 2014. And there is no relief in sight.
"As our 'wet' season draws to a close, it is clear that the paltry rain and snowfall have done almost nothing to alleviate epic drought conditions. January was the driest in California since record-keeping began in 1895. Groundwater and snowpack levels are at all-time lows" Famiglietti writes. "We're not just up a creek without a paddle in California, we're losing the creek too." (Read more)
- Lord God Almighty, as we read this report, we are concerned, but as we view the photo therein, we are truly alarmed. Lord God, only You can rescue this state from disaster. We bring to Your remembrance, Holy One, the countless prayers and acts of repentance rendered by Your remnant Bride living in California, as they have stood in the gap for the sins of their state. Lord, would You show them Your mercy, for only You are able to cause the rains to fall over the Sunshine State. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles." (Psalm 34:17)
9. Sen. Cotton: 'Rather Than Confront Our Adversaries, Our President Apologizes' - CNSNews.com
The freshman GOP senator who catapulted into the headlines this month with a controversial letter to Iran's leaders delivered a stinging attack on the administration's foreign policy Monday evening, charging that it was conducting an "experiment with retreat" that has emboldened America's foes and is deeply troubling its friends.
Delivering his maiden speech on the Senate floor, Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) appealed for a defense budget that reflects "the threats we face." Opening with a quote from Winston Churchill warning of Western disarming and weakness even as the Nazis were rising in the 1930s, Cotton said the U.S. was today "again engaged in something of a grand experiment of the kind we saw in the 1930s." (Read more)
- Precious Lord, and Supreme Judge, we thank You for the courage and bravery You have given to Senator Tom Cotton, freshman Republican from Arkansas, to boldly speak forth the truth on the Senate floor. We thank You that he is forthright in his assessment of his beliefs concerning our president, and is not afraid to express those opinions. We thank You for the Constitutional right to free speech, and that with it, he would show wisdom, and temperance. We ask, even now, for a president to be elected next year here, who truly loves America, the Constitution, and more importantly, You! May He walk in Your integrity and grace and mercy! Amen.
-"The time has come," He said. "The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news." (Mark1:15)
10. Breaking! 'EU report urges sanctions against Israel over Jerusalem policies' - Jerusalem Post
The European Union has produced an explosive new report recommending sanctions against Israel over its construction policies and security measures in Jerusalem, the British daily Guardian reported on its website on Friday.
The leaked report, which comes just days after incumbent Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu handily won re-election, describes Israel's capital as a city gripped by the worst "polarization and violence" since the Second Intifada of a decade ago.
The document, which is an amalgamation of recommendations prepared by European diplomats stationed in the region, accuses the Israeli government of exacerbating tensions in the city by accelerating construction in the contest eastern part of the capital.
According to the Guardian, the city has been beset by a "vicious cycle of violence . . . increasingly threatening the viability of the two-state solution." The report goes on to say that Israel's "systematic" construction of housing in "sensitive areas" has compounded the problem. (Read more)
- Holy God, our Father in heaven, we are so grieved to read this report tonight. It is not a coincidence that, on the very day that the EU released this report, You place a sign in the heavens of judgment over Europe . . . a solar eclipse that darkened much of their land this morning. We ask that You would visit these leaders with a "terror in the night" that would soften their hearts and turn them to You and to Your land. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they slumber in their beds, he may speak in their ears and terrify them with warnings, to turn them from wrongdoing and keep them from pride, to preserve them from the pit, their lives from perishing by the sword." (Job 33:15-18)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. After wait, Obama congratulates Netanyahu on election victory - Times of Israel
US President Barack Obama on Thursday called Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to congratulate him on his recent election win, after a campaign that seemed to sour relations between the two allies. Obama spoke to the Israeli leader "to congratulate him on his party's success in winning a plurality of Knesset seats," the National Security Council said in a statement. (Read more)
2. AIPAC urges Obama to strengthen ties with Netanyahu - Times of Israel
The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) on Thursday night called on Washington to strengthen its ties with Israel following the reelection of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and castigated the White House for its cool response to the Israeli leader's statements that - contrary to his preelection stance - he supports the two-state solution. "Today, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu strongly and clearly reaffirmed his commitment to a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict," a statement by AIPAC said. "Unfortunately, administration spokespersons rebuffed the prime minister's efforts to improve the understandings between Israel and the US," it continued. "In contrast to their comments, we urge the administration to further strengthen ties with America's most reliable and only truly democratic ally in the Middle East. (Read more)
3. Syrian rebel groups congratulate Netanyahu on his election victory - Jerusalem Post
Various Syrian rebel group leaders have sent congratulatory messages to newly re-elected Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, according to an Israeli Druse who has acted as a go-between with Israel. "We extend to you and the great leadership of the Israeli people our warmest congratulations and blessings in the democratic wedding witnessed by the State of Israel," wrote one opposition political activist, Musa Al-Nabhan, in a letter sent to Mendi Safadi and shared with The Jerusalem Post. (Read more)
4. At least 16 dead in Yemen as suicide bombers detonate inside mosques during Friday prayers - Jerusalem Post
SANAA - Two suicide bombers blew themselves up in two mosques in the Yemeni capital Sanaa on Friday during noon prayers, killing and wounding dozens of worshippers, a police source and witnesses told Reuters.(Read more)
5. ALERT! US may withdraw support for Israel at Security Council - Jerusalem Post
The US is reconsidering its staunch support of Israel at the United Nations and has not automatically accepted Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's statement to the American media affirming his support of two states for two peoples after pre-election comments that appeared to reject it.
"I never retracted my speech in Bar-Ilan University six years ago calling for a demilitarized Palestinian state that recognized the Jewish state," Netanyahu said in an interview with MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell. "I want a sustainable peaceful two-state solution," he said. "But for that, circumstances have to change." (Read more)
6. Netanyahu insists no flip-flopping on Palestinian state - Fox News
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu insisted Thursday on "The Kelly File" that he didn't reverse his campaign pledge earlier this week when he said he wouldn't support a two-state solution.
In a wide-ranging interview, Netanyahu, who will become prime minister for a third consecutive term, his fourth overall, also touched upon the Iran nuclear negotiations and the controversy surrounding comments he made Tuesday about Arab influence in the Israeli elections. (Read more)
7. PM visits Western Wall, says 'moved' by public's support - Israel Hayom
"I will do everything in my power to ensure the welfare and security of all the citizens of Israel," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says after resounding Likud electoral win * Victory came "against all odds and against large forces," Netanyahu says. (Read more)
8. Solar eclipse Friday has some looking for signs from God - Times of Israel
While some Christian leaders debate whether the current celestial tetrad phenomenon - four blood moons in two years - signals the end of times, ahead of this Friday's once-in-100,000-years full solar eclipse over the North Pole, a fledgling Israeli-American interfaith organization is ascribing to the heavenly displays a decidedly optimistic and universal spin. (Read more)
9. Insight for Intercessors: Post Election Analysis - (CHPP)
To read this article, go here.
10. Hebrew Nation News: Weekly Alert - HNN
To read this newsletter, go here.
11. Intercessors for Israel: Weekly Prayer Letter - IFI
To read this alert, go here.
12. Senator Slams Obama's 'Historic Mistake' on Israel - Israel National News
Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) on Thursday night delivered a powerful speech against US President Barack Obama's increasing hostility towards Israel after Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's elections victory, as the White House threatened to pull support for Israel at the UN. (Read more and view the speech here.)
The Daily Jot
Friday, March 20, 2015
Witnessing the gears of prophecy turn
As we look back on the events leading up to this week and what occurred in Israel with the elections, I hesitate to invoke an oft too used Christian cliche', but it seems appropriate--God is in control. He really is. It doesn't minimize that we have free will to make our decisions--both good and bad--suffer the consequences--both good and bad--but there is perspective. And God is in control. He has a prophetic plan for the return of Christ, and that plan is playing out before our very eyes. When evil attempts to storm in outside of that plan, the Lord steps in and puts his plan to work that we all might see that He is the LORD God. That we might be reminded of Galatians 6:7 to not be deceived, God is not mocked.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had the cards stacked against him. The "president" of the United States was doing all in his power to make sure Netanyahu did not get reelected. While there was the obvious media reports of the "president's" open feud over Netanyahu's stirring speech before the US joint session of Congress, there was much more at play. There are unconfirmed reports that the "president's" henchmen were in Israel helping organize the opposition. A congressional investigation has been launched into some $350,000 sent by the State Department to a pro-Palestinian non profit when Netanyahu declared his candidacy. Knowing politics, there was much more chicanery that wasn't reported.
It would have been easy for Netanyahu to give up. It is difficult to imagine just how much pressure was applied to convince him that it was a bad idea to address Congress when the "president" was so publicly against it. He had it coming from all directions--from the Democratic Party here in America to the Arabs, the Iranians, the Caliphate builders, the liberals in Israel, and the terrorists throughout the Middle East, including the so-called Palestinians. But he didn't budge. One man stood up to all this pressure. Now I have been told that Netanyahu isn't perfect, but I can say from observing his actions, he showed the world what it means to stand in the gap--having done all, to stand. And God honored that stand.
The Beast; the time of Jacob's Trouble (what many refer to as the tribulation); The return of Jesus Christ; the end time battle against the enemies of Israel and of God; the Millennial reign; the new heaven and new earth are coming. They are not here yet. These events will occur on God's time as Jesus said in Acts 1:7, "It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father has put in his own power." But be sure of this--we are to be ready and to stand, overcoming evil with good. We are to make disciples. As Christ said in Matthew 24:14, "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." Meantime, we have watched the gears of prophecy turn this week and we have seen an example of how to stand, and how God honors such action.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day! Bill Wilson
The left and the media went ballistic when Senator Tom Cotton and 46 senators dared to remind the Iranians that the elected representatives of the American people also had a say on binding treaties negotiated by our presidents. For all the handwringing and furrowed brows over Senator Cotton's letter, he is the clear winner in that public battle with the Obama White House.
It got almost no news coverage, but 363 members of the House of Representatives -- that's 83% of the chamber -- sent their own letter to Obama yesterday saying essentially the exact same thing as Senator Cotton's letter. Here's an excerpt:
"Should an agreement with Iran be reached, permanent sanctions relief from congressionally-mandated sanctions would require new legislation. In reviewing such an agreement, Congress must be convinced that its terms foreclose any pathway to a bomb, and only then will Congress be able to consider permanent sanctions relief."
(Source: Gary Bauer)
How Small Can You Get?
How Small Can You Get?
(Posted on Thursday, March 19th)
President Obama sends letters to Iran's ayatollah. He wishes Iranians a happy new year. He had time yesterday to pick brackets for the NCAA basketball tournament.
But the president is testing the limits of smallness. During his remarks to reporters yesterday, Earnest made it clear that the president has not found time yet to pick up the phone and congratulate the newly-elected prime minister of Israel, our most reliable ally in the Middle East. Earnest said he expected the president would make a call "in the coming days."
Make no mistake about why Obama is finding this so hard to do. Netanyahu not only beat Obama, but in the process he exposed the terrible nuclear deal Obama is ready to make with Iran. He also exposed the ludicrous demands for a Palestinian state in the middle of a region where such a state would quickly become just another jihadist nation dedicated to Israel's destruction and ours.
This is yet another in a long list of embarrassments by the president who can't hide his vitriol for our allies or his affection for our enemies.
Yet as irritating as this is, much worse may be coming. Politico reports that administration officials may punish Israel by no longer blocking anti-Israel resolutions at U.N. forums.
The dictators and thugs who run some of the U.N.'s international bodies must be salivating at the chance to attack Israel -- with Obama's implicit permission. (Gary Bauer)
Lessons For America
Lessons For America
I was wondering . . . if there were any lessons in Netanyahu's surprise victory for conservatives here in the United States. Israeli and American politics are very different.
But they are alike in this respect: In both nations there are large numbers of conservative voters who have grown increasingly frustrated that no matter how many times they cast ballots for conservative candidates things never change. I hear this concern almost every day.
There has been frustration among Israeli conservatives that Netanyahu was not being strong enough in recent years. Many were planning to vote for smaller, more conservative parties or just stay home.
Netanyahu's understood that problem, and in the closing days of the campaign he did not try to move further to the center. Instead, he staked out solidly conservative positions that energized these frustrated voters. I'm sure there's a lesson here for us in 2016. (Gary Bauer)
Government Takeover of the Internet
Government Takeover of the Internet
The internet has been a major factor in keeping America free. FRC and numerous Christian and conservative voices have been able to neutralize the near monopoly of the liberal media and reach large audiences because of an open internet. On February 26, the FCC, under the rubric of "protecting an open internet," claimed the internet subject to FCC regulation like the telephone industry, effectively downgrading it to a public utility.
Minority Republican commissioner Ajit Pai wrote in his dissent, "Why is the FCC turning its back on internet freedom? . . . For one reason and one reason alone. President Obama told us to do so."
Experts say it is just a matter of time before the federal government levies a tax on the internet. And while Netflix watchers may benefit in the short run, the now government control of the internet, especially with an administrations that use the pen and phone to create binding law to advance its agenda, is deeply troubling.
May violations of the law on the internet be prosecuted; but may the federal government never be allowed to control the internet in a way that restrains religious liberty or free speech, already under assault by many "political correct" internet services and sites.
Verse to Decree:
"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord."
(Source: Rev. Pierre Bynum, Chaplain & National Prayer Director, Family Research Council, firstname.lastname@example.org)
The PULSE: About the Eclipse
3/19/2015 - THE SUN WILL BE TURNED TO DARKNESS
. . . and HAPPY NEW YEAR on 3/20-21!
AND . . . The Solar Eclipse Over Norway: BACKLASH for the Oslo Accords??
(An Excerpt from THE PULSE)
(Noting that Norway was darkened today . . .)
. . . This judgment coming may also backlash against those who spawned and forced the Oslo Accords upon Israel (Bill Clinton), founded on the Camp David Accords (how counterfeit is this name?) (Jimmy Carter) . . . and against those who brought continuing immense pressure against Israel including the Madrid Conference (GHW Bush) (New Madrid fault line), the Two State (final) Solution (GW Bush) . . . all led by the US and those presidents in particular that have obsessed on dividing His land. Carter, GHW Bush, Bill Clinton, GW Bush, Obama.
But lest we forget, the Quartet as well, spawned also by the GW Bush administration, with Tony Blair as lead, who by the way wants to re-emerge in that role. The UN, the US, the former USSR, the UK. Note the little black spot, arrow on the first picture above . . . which depicts the most concentrated part of the eclipse, and this points to the British Isles.
So again, even as in 2009, the eclipse of the sun saw the Magen David, Star of David, emerge . . . so this is to be a sign to us as this event on 3/20/2015 targets certain places, ie EUROPE, Oslo, Norway . . . and what that clearly implies . . . as the sun is darkened over that region . . . on the first day of His year.
Note: this is an excerpt of a lengthy and very well documented article tracking the specific alignments and timings of today's events with other historical data. Surely, God is watching over His land and His people tonight, for their protection.
Please go to this link to read this excellent, detailed report by Constance Fischer about the celebration of the "New Year" and the Solar Eclipse we witnessed today. Thank you, Constance, for your very valuable work!
The Good News Corner
Pro-life Leaders to Stage Sit-in/Pray-in at the Office of House Speaker John Boehner in Washington, DC
"The pro-life community is asking you to reaffirm your commitment to ending abortion and immediately schedule a vote on the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act. It is our added hope and prayer that bill language will ban all abortions after 20 weeks."
(Washington, DC)-A peaceful civil disobedience [is scheduled to] take place on Wednesday, March 25, at 11:00 A.M. at US House Speaker Boehner's office, located at 1011 in the Longworth House Office Building in Washington, DC.
The name of the event is #FreeTheBan. Here is the link to the Facebook Event Page: www.facebook.com/events/815628878485325
The planned activities are in response to Republicans reneging on their promise to vote on "The Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act" this past January 22, which was the Roe v. Wade Memorial.
After this betrayal of American's children and the pro-life movement, republican leadership promised they would reschedule a vote immediately. Sadly, this has not happened. In fact, TWO MONTHS have now passed.
Organizers are inviting pro-life activists from around the nation to join with them as they stand in solidarity with our nation's children and call upon Speaker Boehner to reschedule a vote.
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
LEANING ON THE EVERLASTING ARMS
"The eternal God is your Refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms." (Deuteronomy 33:27)
What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
What a blessedness, what a peace is mine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.
O how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
O how bright the path grows from day to day,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
About the Author:
Words: Elisha A. Hoffman, 1887
Music: Anthony J. Showalter
Signs and Wonders
2,000 snow geese die from illness in Idaho wildlife areas
Some 2,000 migrating snow geese have died recently in eastern Idaho, likely from a disease that comes on quickly and can kill birds in midflight, wildlife officials say.
The Idaho Department of Fish and Game says staff and volunteers collected the dead birds over the past several days at wildlife management areas near the towns of Terreton and Roberts. The cause of death likely was avian cholera, which can cause convulsions and erratic flight, the agency said. (AOL) Read more.
- Lord we bind up this avian cholera and command it to go no farther. We plead the blood of Jesus over this situation and ask that no more birds be destroyed and no humans affected in any way.
- "And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." (Matthew 16:19)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"I Give You My Heart" - Hillsong
Two Daily Conference Calls
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!