Friday's Eclipse May Endanger
Europe's Power Grid. Go here.
Also on Friday, a call to united prayer
at 6:18 a.m. EDT for two minutes --
recite Isaiah 11:9. A global event!
For details, Go here..
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
"Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision." (Joel 3:14)
The Daily Brief
1. Netanyahu Statement: "Against All Odds a Major Victory for the People of Israel" - Times of Israel
As voting ended in Israel's Knesset elections Tuesday night, TV exit polls showed Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu well placed to retain the premiership, with his Likud party neck and neck with rival Isaac Herzog's Zionist Union but better positioned to build a coalition. Netanyahu hailed a Likud victory, though Herzog refused to concede.
Netanyahu claimed a victory "against all odds" and promised to form a new government without delay. But Herzog also said he would make "every effort" to build a coalition. Either will likely need the support of Moshe Kahlon, whose new Kulanu party captured nine or 10 seats, according to polls. Kahlon, whose campaign focused almost entirely on bread-and-butter economic issues, refused to take sides, but he is a former Likud minister. (Read more)
- O Lord, God of Israel, we are rejoicing with You in Your miraculous work of silencing the enemies of Your Chosen People, and Land! We are so grateful that Your Word is always true, and You watch over it to perform it! Truly, Your Word says that when a "man's ways please the Lord, You make even his enemies to be at peace with him" (Proverbs 16:7) We bless You for Your faithfulness, and for rewarding Prime Minister Netanyahu with the victory in this election. Truly, he is Your choice for "such a time as this"! Strengthen and protect him and his family and staff, we pray, Amen!
- "I love the Lord, because He has heard my voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I will call upon His name, as long as I live." (Psalm 116:1-2)
2. Netanyahu scores crushing victory in Israeli elections; 30 seats for Likud - Times of Israel
By 6 a.m., with some 99% of votes counted, the Central Elections Committee was indicating a dramatic victory for Netanyahu, with the Likud heading for 30 seats, compared to Zionist Union's 24 seats.
Next came the Joint (Arab) List on 14 seats, Yesh Atid on 11, Kulanu on 10 and the Jewish Home on 8. They were followed by Shas, 7, United Torah Judaism on 6, Yisrael Beytenu on 6, and Meretz on 4 seats. (Read more)
- Father God, again we praise You, O Holy One, for this great victory. Abba, we prayed last night and asked that, if it be Your will, in the end Likud would hold 30 seats in the new government . . . and that is exactly what has happened. We are humbled, Lord, to know that when we cry, You do answer, and we give You all the praise, all the honor, and all the glory for what has now happened in the nation of Israel. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill." (Psalm 3:4)
3. US chides Netanyahu's party after Israeli election win - YahooNews.com
The Obama administration admonished Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's political party on Wednesday, accusing it of using anti-Arab rhetoric ahead of Israel's election. A spokesman said President Barack Obama still believes in Palestinian statehood - even if Netanyahu no longer does.
In its first public response to Netanyahu's triumph in the election, the spokesman said the White House was "deeply concerned" about divisive language emanating from Netanyahu's Likud Party. White House press secretary Josh Earnest said the party had sought to marginalize Israel's minority Arabs, an apparent reference to social media posts the Likud distributed that warned Israelis about the danger of high turnout by Arab voters.
"These are views the administration intends to convey directly to the Israelis," Earnest said. (Read more)
- Father God, we are ashamed at this statement made by the Obama administration in light of the glorious victory that was just won by the Likud Party in Israel. Lord, this behavior is so boorish; even over time, enemies at least offer an olive branch -- however briefly -- to the winner of any election. Father, our nation has hit a new "low" in the annals of public diplomacy. Forgive us, Lord . . . forgive us we pray in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "It is not what enters into the mouth that defiles the man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man." (Matthew 15:11)
4. Israel votes: 71.8% turnout - Ynet News
An estimated 71.8 percent of Israel's eligible voters cast their ballots at polling stations throughout Israel on Tuesday, the highest since 1999, meeting forecasts that predicted Israel would cross the 70 percent turnout by 10 pm when polls close. Earlier in the day, another new record turnout was recorded when some 13.7 percent voted in the first three hours of polling, the highest since the 1999 elections. (Read more)
- Abba, we are impressed and grateful for the desire of Your people to vote their consciences in this election, and to acknowledge their responsibility and accountability to You and to Israel to express their opinions at such a critical time in their history. Surely, the recent celebration of Purim, and the deliverance of Your people from the evil of Haman was a timely reminder of Your faithfulness and care, as You envelop Your precious people under the protection of Your tallit. You are, indeed, our Rock and Defender, our Protector, and Provider! Amen!
"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand].I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean andrely, and in Him I [confidently] trust!" (Psalm 91:1,2)
5. BENJAMIN NETANYAHU vows: "If I am re-elected, there will be no Palestinian state." Period. - YouTube
View his speech here.
- Lord, we thank You for this promise from PM Netanyahu, and we ask that You remind him of his word when necessary, and that he will continue to act with integrity and fufill his word to his people. When the enemies of Israel try to apply pressure upon him to violate his word, including our president, we ask that You will strengthen his resolve to please and serve You! In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "Let your "Yes" be simply "Yes" and your "No" be simply "No"; anything more than that comes from the evil one." (Matthew 5:37)
6. Treasury IG's Office: We Now Can Submit All Lois Lerner Emails - Newsmax
Treasury Department investigators reportedly are finally able to hand over to Congress all of the emails belonging to Lois Lerner, the retired IRS official at the center of a tea party targeting scandal. "What we're looking at is potential criminal wrongdoing. This has the looks, feel and smells of being criminal, and the IG confirmed tonight that's what they're looking into." (Read more)
- Abba, we thank You for the finding of Lois Lerner's emails from when she was in the IRS, and we ask that truth will prevail in the findings. Give wisdom and discernment we pray, to those who are tasked with examining these emails. We ask that justice be served, and that Ms Lerner will accept responsibility for her actions, and be accountable to those in charge, we pray, Amen.
- "My son, tell the truth. Confess to the LORD, the God of Israel. Tell me what you did, and don't try to hide anything from me." Achan answered, "It is true! I have sinned against the LORD, the God of Israel. This is what I did." (Joshua 7:9,10)
7. Democrats Ready to Side with GOP and Override Obama Veto of Iran Bill - Jewish Press
Republican senators may have a veto-proof majority from Democrats backing a bill that would require President Barack Obama to submit any deal with Iran to Congressional review, Politico reported. Almost all 54 Republican senators are on board as are more than 12 Democrats, which comes out to more than the two-thirds majority that is needed to override a presidential veto. (Read more)
- Lord of the Nations, and our Father, we thank You for this "veto-proof majority" that has been obtained to override Obama submitting to any deal with Iran, without first submitting it to congressional review. We know this is a wise thing to do when dealing with one's enemy, who vows to annihilate you (us) as a nation. We ask for Your clear wisdom and direction, and Your protection over us and Israel. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "So now if you obey Me and keep My agreement, you will be My own possession, chosen from all nations. Even though the whole earth is mine." (Exodus 19:5)
8. 2 gunmen killed following deadly Tunisian museum attack that left 21 dead - Fox News
Two gunmen who opened fire on a popular museum in Tunisia Wednesday -- killing 21, including 17 tourists -- were killed by security forces after what was the deadliest attack on civilians in the North African country in 13 years.
The gunmen had opened fire on the National Bardo Museum in Tunis earlier Wednesday. At least 44 people were wounded Tunisian Prime Minister Habib Essid had said earlier Wednesday that two or three other gunmen had escaped and were possible at large. (Read more)
- Lord God, in this report, we see that British, Italian, French and Spanish nationals were among those taken captive or killed in this violent attack. Tonight, once again, we lift up those who mourn, and we ask for Your hand of comfort to rest upon each one. Lord, we pray for the redemptive purpose to come forth out of this episode of terror, so that those who have not yet found You as their personal Savior and Lord may do so now. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
- "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." (Matthew 5:4)
9. Russia Starts Large-Scale Communications Drills in Nine Regions - Rapture Ready News
"The drills envision the use of advanced relay broadcast stations, mobile video-conferencing systems, modern radio stations and satellite communications that were put in service with the Eastern Military District in 2014-2015," the press service said in a statement. On March 12, Eastern Military District press head Col. Alexander Gordeyev said that a military exercise involving anti-air defense troops started in the region. (Read more)
- Lord of the nations, we exalt You, O God, above the nations! You are our Creator, and the only true and living God! We thank You for Your great power, wisdom, and strength, and that You do all things well, and in the fullness of time. You are the God Who keeps Covenant, and Your faithfulness extends to all generations. We submit this situation into Your hands regarding Russian "drills" throughout the world. You alone know the "thoughts and intents of the heart". We ask for the results in each case that would please You, as You "jockey" the nations into position for the final battles. May we be found faithful to do Your will and in Your timing, we pray. Protect Your people. Give us supernatural wisdom and understanding we pray, Amen.
- "The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, My enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army may encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; Though war may rise against me, In this I will be confident." (Psalm 27:1-3)
10. Europe braces for 'unprecedented' power issues from solar eclipse - YahooNews.com
Europe's power operators are bracing for potential disruption from the solar eclipse expected Friday, which will knock out almost all solar-generated electricity in an "unprecedented" test for the network. "The risk of an incident cannot be completely ruled out," the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity (Entso-e) said recently, as 100 times more power is generated from the sun now than during the last eclipse in 1999.
"Solar eclipses have happened before but with the increase of installed photovoltaic energy generation, the risk of an incident could be serious without appropriate countermeasures," the group said.
"For the first time this is expected to have a relevant impact on the secure operation of the European power system," warned Entso-e. (Read more)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Netanyahu has already contacted Bennet - Jerusalem Online
The Likud party celebrating the gap closing with Herzog's Zionist Camp, as tonight's voting samples indicate. Netanyahu and Bennett discussed and agreed on joint increased efforts in order to form a right-wing government. Party officials estimated that they could form a non-unity government. Erdan: "We have a moral obligation to bring Bennet into the Likud led government." (Read more)
2. Cost of Living and Security Among Leading Factors as Israelis Explain Voting Choices - the Alegemeiner
The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) published reactions from Israeli voters to Tuesday's elections following the release of exit polls late in the day showing a tie between the two main parties. Voters gave the WSJ explanations behind their votes, which included survival of the Jewish State, improved relations with the Palestinians, and Israel's economic problems. (Read more)
3. Cash-strapped PA adopts emergency budget - YnetNews
Gripped by financial crisis, the Palestinian government said on Tuesday it was putting an emergency budget in place for 2015 due to the absence of pledged international aid and Israel withholding its tax revenues.
"The general budget law for 2015 comes amid complicated and tough conditions, as the treasury is suffering a choking financial crisis," a Palestinian cabinet statement said. (Read more)
4. US media focuses on turn to the right in Likud win - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's surprise landslide re-election led the headlines in American media early Wednesday morning, with many outlets playing up Netanyahu's statements during the final days of campaigning and suggesting that US-Israel relations could hit a new low.
As returns came in, outlets like CNN were forced to do a quick headline reversal, from "Netanyahu to Lose?" to "Netanyahu Claims Victory." (Read more)
5. Americans Favor Strength Against Iran, Glad Congress Invited Bibi
- Jewish Press
A poll conducted for Fox News by Democratic and Republican research teams just before and on the day of Israeli Prime Minster Benjamin Netanyahu's speech to the joint session of Congress on March 3, shows that Americans believe the United States is not doing enough to fight back against Islamic extremism, and think that U.S. President Barack Obama has been a weak negotiator with foreign leaders. (Read more)
6. Syrian, Iraqi Christians plead for international assistance - AP
BEIRUT (AP) - Syrian and Iraqi Christians pleaded for more international assistance Tuesday from new homes in Lebanon where they recently arrived after fleeing attack by militants from the Islamic State group. They spoke in two Beirut churches where they lined up to receive food baskets and other humanitarian assistance from a non-profit organization called In Defense of Christians (IDC), whose mission is to protect Christians in the Middle East. (Read more)
7. Two Prayer Reqeusts for Israel: After the Elections - (CHPP)
--Bibi is physically and emotionally exhausted. He was poured out continually week after week, but especially during these last three days before the election. The trip to Washington, the first week of March, would have been enough to deplete most leaders; considering all the conflict that surrounded his speech. Bibi had no opportunity to rest following that momentous event, before heading into the campaign battle. Never before has an Israeli leader, seeking re-election, been so slandered, disrespected, and brutalized in the media (and from those vying for the premiership), as Bibi has been.
--The combined Arab list gained enough seats to become the third most populous party in the Knesset. If they ever joined Herzog in the opposition role, Bibi's government would be more at risk for a take down from a "no confidence" vote. But, most important is the fact that the nation would be greatly at risk. In the event of war, or dealing with major security issues, the opposition must be included in the briefings, as decisions are made. Can you imagine what would happen if the hostile Arab members of the Knesset are given the secret information about Israeli troop movements, capabilities, and strategies. Every bit of information would be immediately in the hands of Israel's (Submitted by our friend, K)
The Daily Jot
Prophetic implications of Netanyahu victory
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu won a decisive victory in the Israeli elections despite the US "president's" efforts to unseat him, and having to fight a hostile media. Netanyahu's Likud party won 30 seats to the leftist Zionist Union's 24 seats, affording Netanyahu the opportunity to form a conservative coalition government. In the immediate short term, these results have significant prophetic implications. First and foremost, the pace rushing toward apocalyptic confrontation with Islamic/Arab traditional enemies of Israel appears to have been slowed by the human factor that impacts prophecy--at least from electing those opposing appeasement to Islamic objectives. The impact, however, may be the opposite.
The victory means, if Netanyahu keeps his pre-election promise, that the world's folly of having a Palestinian state living side by side with Israel, actually cutting Israel in half, will not be realized any time soon. The so-called "peacemakers" will have a much more difficult time coopting Israel's support for allowing Iran nuclear capabilities. The pace of "all things Islam" kept by the US "president" may be slowed in the short term, hindered by a newly realized public perception in Israel that enemies should be kept at bay. All this could bring tensions to a head faster. The Islamic side would seemingly be more energized, more blatantly (if that is possible) aggressive, culminating in hostilities.
Already the spin-masters at the White House and Democratic Party circles are putting on the face that US-Israel relations are too strong and deep to be affected by any animosity between the "president" and his foreign policy nemesis Netanyahu. As of the time of this writing, there is no message of congratulations from the White House. What this all means is that the Islamic human factor will be inflamed, energized and spoiling for a fight with Israel. As events play out, hardliners against appeasement will likely take strong and emboldened stands against Islamic aggression, accelerating hostilities. This, in contrast to having appeasers give in to Islamists, fomenting a faster establishment/stronghold of Islam.
Irrespective of the election, God will have His way. The players on the world stage are such that prophecy will continue to march ahead, the layers revealing themselves with each passing day. On one hand, the dark side appears to be dealt a human setback with the Israeli elections. On the other hand, the circle of darkness and the evil intent of many leaders hearts' will be eager to press Israel and force their way. Nahum 1:3 says, "The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD has his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet." We must remain focused on the mission. Make disciples. Explain the times. Bring people to the full knowledge of the Lord.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Bibi's Miraculous Surge!
MIRACULOUS SURGE PUTS NETANYAHU FIVE-SEATS AHEAD.
What a difference a few hours make.
The Israeli media was completely wrong. The newspaper polls were completely wrong. The exit polls were completely wrong. The Obama team efforts to unseat an American ally were a complete failure.
Netanyahu wasn't losing. He wasn't about to be shipped off to retirement in disgrace.
This wasn't close -- this was a landslide. Bibi's blow out.
- A "crushing victory," says the Times of Israel.
- A "sweeping victory," says the Jerusalem Post.
- A "shock election victory," says Ynet News.
- "Benjamin Netanyahu's Lkud party is set to emerge as the election's big winner," says Haaretz.
It's now 5:30am in Israel. The sun will soon be rising here, and as it does Israelis -- and the world -- will be awakening to a miracle.
. . . in the end, a result like this cannot be fully explained in human terms. This was a miracle. Unexpected. Unexplainable. Unbelievable. But true.
"Then the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven; Daniel said, 'Let the name of God be blessed forever and ever, for wisdom and power belong to Him. It is He who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings." (Biblical Book of Daniel, chapter two, verses 19 through 21)
Abba's "Secret Weapon"
Abba's "Secret Weapon" - Prayer!!
A special report from Hebrew Nation News!
"The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."
Glean the Voters! Netanayahu Scores Crushing Victory In Israeli Election
Special note from HN News editor: I received this email from a close associate and intercessor yesterday about TWO HOURS before the polls in Israel closed. Much prayer had been lifted up over the election from this prayer network. This is what was shared in the email:
I just had a "flash vision" from the LORD NOW, as we move into the final 3 hours of the vote, which will close at 3:00 p.m. EDT today.
I SAW BUNCHES OF ANGELS GOING FORTH OVER THE HARVEST FIELDS OF ISRAEL, AND PICKING UP THOSE WHO WERE GLEANING THOSE FIELDS, SEARCHING FOR "LEFTOVER" FOOD!
THE LORD SAID THAT, IF WE PRAY AND ASK HIM, THAT HE WILL SEND FORTH THE "HARVESTERS" OF HIS ANGELS TO GO FORTH "AT THE LAST MINUTE" AND TO PICK UP THOSE "LOST VOTES" AND TO BRING THEM IN!
ABBA ALSO ASSURED ME THAT, IF ARE OBEDIENT TO DO THIS IN THE SPIRIT OF UNITY, HE WILL MOVE AND THERE WILL BE A SUDDEN SURGE IN THE LAST HOUR OF THIS VOTING, WHICH WILL BEGIN AT 2:00 P.M. EDT.
We do this in faith, believing, amen and amen!"
Shortly after this intercessor received and acted upon this vision, sending it on to many others for prayers of agreement, she received a totally unexpected conference call from ISRAEL - from a ministry that was new to her! They were waiting to sound the SHOFAR over the election (now in its closing hours) and had been instructed to call this one in agreement. So, this decree was also released on the land of Zion, itself!
AND HERE ARE THE RESULTS FROM THE POLLS:
With almost 99% of votes tallied, Likud climbs to 30-24 seat win over Zionist Union in overnight dramatic development; PM promises new coalition with other 'nationalist parties'; Meretz head to quit party over poor showing
"Mahapach" - translated as upheaval or revolution, was the headline used by the Israeli media immediately following the 1977 elections when the Likud, led by Menachem Begin, won for the first time, changing the face of Israeli politics forever.
The overwhelming electoral victory yesterday by the Likud, led by Benjamin Netanyahu, was nothing less than that, a revolution and upheaval, and most importantly, an absolutely clear mandate from the people to lead the coalition and the State of Israel.
PRAISE ABBA! WHAT AN ANSWER TO PRAYER!
HN News editor/Program Asst
Hebrew Nation Radio
Voting with His Last Breath
Voting with His Last Breath:
Grandfather of Likud Member Votes; then Passes on
Likud MK's grandfather dies at ballot booth
90-year-old relative of Ze'ev Elkin collapses after casting vote in Jerusalem
he 90-year-old grandfather of senior Likud MK Ze'ev Elkin died on Tuesday while leaving a Jerusalem polling station, The Times of Israel learned.
The elderly man collapsed and hit his head after casting his vote in the Neve Yaakov neighborhood in the capital.
Elkin, number eight on the Likud slate, is a former deputy foreign minister and chairman of the Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee.
(Times of Israel) Read more.
> > > WE DEDICATE TONIGHT'S EDITION OF THE DAILY BRIEF TO THE MEMORY OF THIS PRECIOUS GRANDFATHER, WHO GAVE HIS VERY LIFE AT THE POLLS. MAY HE REST IN PEACE, AMEN.
The Good News Corner
The "Jewish Indiana Jones" Describes His Fascinating Search for the Ark of the Covenant - and Where He Believes it May Be - in This Special Interview with Breaking Christian News
"...My hope is that all this media that I'm coming out with can inspire people, and give them hope for the future of Israel, and the world. I personally would not venture in there even if I DID find the opening, as who would go into such a place uninvited? After the Tabernacle was built in the desert, even Moses couldn't enter uninvited!" -Harry Moskoff
In a previous BCN article, partially reprinted from Breaking Israel News, IT specialist, musician, film maker, author and researcher; Harry Moskoff was introduced as the "Jewish Indiana Jones," regarding his quest to find the Biblical Ark of the Covenant. Recently, Mr. Moskoff granted us an interview on how his search is progressing, and-considering the tinderbox that is the political and religious atmosphere surrounding Israel-how he must be creative in disclosing what he's found. . .
Searching for the Holy Ark came out of my original desire to find out for myself the real location of the Temples on the Temple Mount, which began over 20 years ago. After researching through all the most popular theories, I realized that many of them cancelled themselves out, and at the same time, I read about this incredible discovery in a book called: In the Shadow of the Temple by the famous Israeli archeologist, Meir Ben Dov. In the early 1980's, he discovered this tunnel that went under the southern gates of the Temple Mount and into a ritual bath (a mikveh in Hebrew). This was exactly the same tunnel as described in the Talmud, the other end of which leading to the exact spot where a certain large chamber was in the Second Temple. After putting all the clues and proofs together, which later became The A.R.K. Report, I realized that it is unlikely that the Temples were located where the Dome of the Rock is today, and must have been further to the southwest of that spot. This in turn led me to discover some of the key entrances to the tunnels beneath the mount, and into the mystery of where the Ark may be hidden. All of the archeological, topographical, historical and Scriptural proofs sort-of came together. The project has only gained momentum over time, but I must say it has become more political, especially now that elections are upon us in Israel. Unfortunately, with sensitive subject matter like this, you simply can't avoid the politics.
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang
In these perilous times, when all that can be shaken is being shaken, let us return to the "faith of our fathers" and sing the hymns and songs of old.
May we each draw strength in our own time, as we "dig the wells of treasure" to draw upon the strength that carried our ancestors through their own perilous times. Amen.
ROCK OF AGES
"The Lord is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer." (Psalm 18:2)
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure;
Save from wrath and make me pure.
Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law's demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.
Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to the cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.
While I draw this fleeting breath,
When mine eyes shall close in death,
When I soar to worlds unknown,
See Thee on Thy judgment throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.
About the Author:
Words: Augustus M. Toplady, 1776.
Music: Thomas Hastings, 1830
The hymn was reportedly sung at the funeral of American President Benjamin Harrison because it was his favorite hymn, and the only one he ever tried to sing.
To learn more about the history of this classic hymn, please go here.
Signs and Wonders
Solar eclipse, Supermoon, Spring equinox:
Friday will see three rare celestial events
As the eclipse plunges the UK and other places into darkness this Friday, two other...celestial events will be taking place, too: a Supermoon and the Spring equinox. A Supermoon, or perigee moon, happens when the full or new moon does its closest fly-by of the Earth...And the spring equinox refers to the time of the year when the day and night are of equal duration, mid-way between the longest and shortest days. (The Independent UK) Read more here.
> > > SEE ALSO:
A very rare supermoon eclipse of the sun is happening this week that won't take place again until 2034
This Friday, March 20, marks this year's first and only total eclipse of the sun, when the moon passes directly between Earth and the sun.
Not only that, this is an extremely rare type of solar eclipse because it takes place on the first day of spring and when the moon is at its closest distance to Earth, known as a supermoon.
(The supermoon, however, is a new moon, and will therefore be invisible to Earth.)
This is the first time since the turn of the century that a total solar eclipse has fallen on the same day as the start of spring, known as the vernal equinox. We won't see an event like this again until the year 2034. And after that, the only other two such events will be in 2053 and 2072. (Ynet News) Read more here.
Today's Birthday on the Hill
Today we wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Rep. Mike Bishop (MI)
God bless you!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today! "Your Presence Is Heaven"
Two Daily Conference Calls
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!