PASSOVER PRAYER SURGE:
All-night prayer: April 3/4, next weekend.
Midnight to 9:00 a.m.
Call 712-432-0075; 6149782#.
(Details here) WELCOME!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, March 30, 2015
"Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord!" (Mark 11:9)
THE TEMPLE INSTITUTE CONDUCTS UNPRECEDENTED PASSOVER OFFERING PRACTICE DRILL
For details, see our Good News Section, below.
Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision . . . (Joel 3:14)
The Daily Brief
1. Senate Votes 100-0 To Hold Iran Accountable - Western Journalism
The U.S. Senate voted unanimously Thursday on a measure that would reimpose sanctions on Iran if it was found that they were not holding their end of a nuclear deal with the United States government. In a 100 to 0 vote on Senate Amendment 545 Thursday, the upper chamber voted "To establish a deficit-neutral reserve fund relating to reimposing waived sanctions and imposing new sanctions against Iran for violations of the Joint Plan of Action or a comprehensive nuclear agreement."
The bill was co-authored by Sens. Mark Kirk, R-Ill. and Bob Menendez, D-N.J. It was sponsored by Kirk and Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio.
"By passing the bipartisan Kirk-Brown amendment to impose sanctions on Iran, the Senate voted for the security of the United States and Israel and against making dangerous nuclear concessions to Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei," Kirk said in a statement Thursday.
This comes after Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei addressed a domestic crowd chanting, "death to America," to which he responded, "Of course yes, death to America, because America, because America is the original source of this pressure." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up a great chorus of praise for this vote by the Senate. May this bill be heard and enforced legally in the future. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Where there is no counsel, the people fall; but in the multitude of counselors there is safety." (Proverbs 11:14 NKJV)
2. Boehner expresses 'serious doubts' about reaching nuke deal with Iran - Fox News
House Speaker John Boehner says he has 'serious doubts' on whether the Obama administration and five other world powers can reach an agreement with Iran to curtail that country's nuclear program and that Congress will move to impose new sanctions on Tehran if no deal is reached.
Boehner said Congress would move "very quickly" to impose sanctions if the deal falls apart and argued that the United States should never have agreed to loosen existing sanctions because they are what brought Iran to the negotiating table.
"We should have kept the sanctions in place, so that we could have gotten to a real agreement," he said. "The sanctions are going to come, and they're going to come quick."(Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that in our nation we still have three branches of government -- and power -- in place so that no one branch can truly assume dictatorial power over all. We thank You for these strong words, spoken by the Speaker of the House, and we ask that action will follow in Congress when they return from their two week District Work Period on April 14. Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayer, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "For the Lord is our judge,
the Lord is our lawgiver,
the Lord is our king;
it is he who will save us." (Isaiah 33:22)
3. Obama Admin Threatens U.S. Allies for Disagreeing with Iran Nuke Deal - Washington Free Beacon
Efforts by the Obama administration to stem criticism of its diplomacy with Iran have included threats to nations involved in the talks, including U.S. allies, according to Western sources familiar with White House efforts to quell fears it will permit Iran to retain aspects of its nuclear weapons program. He also said the French "don't trust Iran and believe an ambiguous deal would lead to regional proliferation."
Another Western source familiar with the talks said the White House is sacrificing longstanding alliances to cement a contentious deal with Iran before Obama's term in office ends. "The President could be hammering out the best deal in the history of diplomacy, and it still wouldn't be worth sacrificing our alliances with France, Israel, and Saudi Arabia-key partners in Europe, the eastern Mediterranean, and the Gulf," the source said. "But he's blowing up our alliances to secure a deal that paves Iran's way to a bomb."
. . . Meanwhile, talks between the United States and Iran reached a critical juncture Thursday, as Secretary of State John Kerry met with his Iranian counterpoint to hash out differences over key points concerning Iran's nuclear program. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we bring this negotiation with the nation of Iran before You alone and ask that it be shattered into little pieces where it cannot be re-established. Help us, Father, as we know with You nothing is impossible. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "A man will be commended according to his wisdom, but he who is of a perverse heart will be despised." (Proverbs 12:8 NKJV)
4. Obama's latest concession guts what's left of the Iran nuclear deal - Business Insider
As the Wall Street Journal reported this morning, the Iranians were holding their ground on yet another key point in the negotiations and, to no one's surprise, the Obama administration is preparing to give in to them again.
This time the issue is Iran's refusal to open its facilities up to International Atomic Energy Agency inspectors eager to see how much progress they've made on military research for the nuclear program.
But instead of threatening to walk away from a process that appears on track to ending sanctions on the Islamist regime over this key point, the administration is preparing to amend the current draft of the deal to allow the Iranians several years' leeway before they'd be required to give a full reckoning about how close they are to a bomb.
What this amounts to is the West waving the white flag on effective verification of Iran's nuclear activities. And that means that not only will Iran be able to cheat their way to a bomb, but they may very well get there even while observing the agreement that is expected to be finalized by the end of the month. (Read more)
- Abba Father, have mercy on all of us for this so called agreement which is full of lies and deceptions. We take the blood bought cross of Jesus Christ and put it through all parts of this 'false' agreement, and ask You to fully crush and smash to bits the entire 'agreement', exposing all 'secrets' for the world to hear and see. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered; let those also who hate Him flee before Him." (Psalm 68:1 NKJV)
5. Army issues troops safety instructions following Islamic State kill list threat - Washington Times
The U.S. Army has issued a worldwide urgent "security awareness message" to soldiers on how to protect their social media accounts, and their homes, from attacks by the Islamic State terrorists or other extremists.The message lists over a dozen safety steps, including to make sure personnel check the door peephole before letting someone in their homes, to fortify doors, to hold family meetings on security and to greatly tone down social media postings so terrorists do not know personal connections or daily comings and goings.
The Army issued the warning on Friday in reaction to the Islamic State, also called ISIL and ISIS, publishing the names of 100 U.S. military personnel as targets for assassination. "It appears the list specifically targeted military members who are pilots or aircraft crew members in retaliation for airstrike in Iraq and Syria," the Army message said, a copy of which was obtained by The Washington Times.
This appears to be the most extensive security warning to date from the Defense Department, a sign that it takes the Islamic State's threat to its personnel extremely seriously. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise for this action by the Army which seeks to protect their military families against the threats issued by the Islamic State. At this time the key targets are military members who are pilots or aircraft crew members in retaliation for the airstrikes in Iraq and Syria. We ask You to keep these families fully surrounded and protected by Your special angels, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "A good man obtains favor from the Lord, but a man of wicked intentions He will condemn." (Proverbs 12:2 NKJV)
6. Anti-Israel sentiments force Virginia Bar to cancel trip to Jerusalem - Washington Times
The Virginia State Bar Association has canceled a trip for its members to learn in Jerusalem later this year after some members campaigned against it, accusing Israel of "unacceptable discriminatory policies and practices" in how it ensures its border security.
The episode, confirmed in an email from Bar President Kevin Martingayle that was obtained by The Washington Times, is the latest example of the impact of an anti-Israel fervor that has swept across some parts of America in recent months as President Obama has feuded with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
"Certain members of the Virginia State Bar and other individuals have expressed objections to the VSB's plan to take the Midyear Legal Seminar trip in November to Jerusalem," Mr. Martingayle wrote in the email. "It was stated that there are some unacceptable discriminatory policies and practices pertaining to border security that affect travelers to the nation. Upon review of U.S. State Department advisories and other research, and after consultation with our leaders, it has been determined that there is enough legitimate concern to warrant cancellation of the Israel trip and exploration of alternative locations."
Lanny J. Davis, a prominent Democratic lawyer in Washington, said he was disgusted by the Bar's decision and believed it was an outgrowth of recent comments made by President Obama's chief of staff Denis McDonough. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we stand in the gap before You, repenting for this decision by the Virginia State Bar Association for not going to Jerusalem for the planned legal seminar. Their cancellation of this trip appears to be based upon the spreading anti-semitic judgments arising increasingly across our nation. Have mercy upon us, Father, as we repent for this sin against You and Your special land and people, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "He who troubles his own house will inherit the wind..." (Proverbs 11:29a NKJV)
7. Hillary Clinton wiped email server clean, refuses to turn it over - Washington Times
Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has refused to turn her email server over to an independent third party and claims she has wiped the server clean, dealing a setback to the special investigative committee looking into the 2012 Benghazi terrorist attack, the probe said late Friday.
Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy said the whole House will have to decide what the next steps are in the push to pry information from Mrs. Clinton, but said she will likely have to appear and testify on her decision-making about her emails, setting up another dramatic showdown between the former first lady and her congressional critics.
"Not only was the secretary the sole arbiter of what was a public record, she also summarily decided to delete all emails from her server ensuring no one could check behind her analysis in the public interest," Mr. Gowdy said in a statement excoriating Mrs. Clinton's actions.
Mr. Gowdy said Mrs. Clinton's response to his subpoena was to re-transmit several hundred pages of emails that the State Department has already turned over. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we ask for mercy, Father, as so much is done by Mrs. Clinton that is questionable and perhaps illegal. May this email server be turned over as requested and may it be checked for the 'deleted' emails which can be 'recovered' if the mother board of the computer has not been scrubbed clean by special software. We ask that any questionable or treasonous emails be exposed, and appropriate legal action be taken based upon the findings of any illegalities within the emails themselves and upon the violation of email storage regulations. We ask this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "The wicked are overthrown and are no more, but the house of the righteous will stand." (Proverbs 12:7 NKJV)
8. Senate GOP asking new questions about emails for Clinton and Abedin, who has special employment status - Fox News
Senate Republicans are renewing efforts to learn why Huma Abedin, a top assistant to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, was allowed to keep working at the agency under a special, part-time status while also being employed at a politically-connected consulting firm.
The new requests are being made by Iowa GOP Sen. Chuck Grassley, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, following revelations that both women used a private Internet server and email accounts for State Department correspondence.
July 2013 letter from the department to Grassley, provide by the senator's office, states Abedin worked full-time from January 2009 to June 2012. It states Abedin did not list outside employment upon ending her full-time employment and that the department retained her as an adviser-expert at the hourly rate of a SGA GS-15/10. The most recent available federal documents show the rate as $74.51 with a maximum pay of $155,500 annually.
"A number of conflict-of-interest concerns arise when a government employee is simultaneously being paid by a private company, especially when that company (is) Teneo," Grassley said in the March 19 letter to Kerry that also raised concerns Abedin and other department employees appearing to have been "improperly categorized" as special government employees, or SGEs.
"It is unclear what special knowledge or skills Ms. Abedin possessed that the government could not have easily obtained otherwise from regular government employees," Grassley wrote. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we bring this questionable job relationship before Your throne so that any deceptions, lies and treasonable actions will be exposed and prosecuted legally as appropriate. Help us, Father, we pray, to expose all that is hidden, praying in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light." (Luke 8:17 NKJV)
9. Lawsuits Filed To Block FCC's New 'Net Neutrality' Order - Western Journalism
Two organizations filed lawsuits earlier this week seeking to block implementation of the new "net neutrality" regulations adopted by the Federal Communications Commission last month.
As reported by Western Journalism, the FCC, in a 3-to-2 vote, decided to re-classify Internet providers as public utilities, and therefore subject them to greater oversight by the agency. Internet providers, under the new rules, fall into the same Title II utility classification by which cell phone companies are governed. Critics of the new classification state that it will stifle the innovation that has characterized the Internet during its first decades of development. They also point out that it will likely subject customers to new taxes, such as the Universal Service fee cell phone users must pay, as well as state and local utility taxes. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise that these lawsuits have been filed. May the courts hear them and honor them so that the internet can continue as an open and 'legitimate' source for news and information. We do not need stifling of innovation, repression of information nor further taxes imposed on all users of the Net. Have mercy, Father, we pray in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Blessed is he who blesses you, and cursed is he who curses you." (Numbers 24:9b NKJV)
10. Pence: Indiana law on religious freedom 'not about discrimination . . . not going to change' - Fox News
Indiana Gov. Mike Pence said Sunday that a new state law that attempts to protect long-standing religious freedoms "is not about discrimination" and that he and other state lawmakers do not intend to change the legislation. Pence, a Republican, said the legislation that he signed last week prohibits Indiana laws that "substantially burden" a person's ability to follow his or her religious beliefs.
The definition of "person" includes religious institutions, businesses and associations, which is being interpreted as allowing a cake maker, for example, to legally refuse an order for a wedding cake for a gay couple.
Pence told ABC's "This Week" the original federal law is more than 20 years old and that the purpose of the new Indiana one is to expand individual rights for those who feel government has impinged on their personal rights. "This is not about discrimination," he said. "This is about empowering people to confront government overreach." (Read More)
- Lord God, we thank You that the state assembly in Indiana, and its Governor, Mike Pence, has passed a law to secure its citizens from the overreaching of government when matters of religious freedom are at stake. We take the Blood-stained Cross of Christ, and we thrust it into the gears of any agenda that would seek to nullify this law; and we ask You to place a firewall of protection around Governor Mike Pence, his family, and this law, in Jesus' name. We pray that other governors will stand with him and that he will not retreat in any form or fashion in the face of those hostile to biblical truth and morality.
- "And I myself will be a wall of fire around it,' declares the LORD, 'and I will be its glory within.'" (Zech. 2:5)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Assad 'open' to negotiations with US, says ISIS strengthening despite airstrikes - Fox News
Syrian President Bashar Assad said in an interview Sunday that he's "open" to negotiations with the United States and that airstrikes conducted by the U.S. in the region are not defeating Islamic State.
"We didn't attack the American population. We didn't support terrorists who did anything in the United States," Assad said on CBS News' "60 Minutes." "We always wanted to have good relation with the United States. We never thought in the other direction."
Assad said that Islamic State, which has taken up swaths of territory in Syria, has been strengthening despite U.S.-led airstrikes against the terror group.
"Sometimes you could have local benefit but in general if you want to talk in terms of ISIS, actually ISIS has expanded since the beginning of the strikes." (Read more)
2. Plans for an Arab joint intervention force - AP
CAIRO (AP) - Arab League member nations formally announced on Sunday an agreement to form a joint military force. While details of how such a force would actually operate remain thin, the agreement is a telling sign of a new determination among Saudi Arabia, Egypt and their allies to intervene aggressively in regional hotspots, whether against Islamic militants or Iran-backed groups. (Read more)
3. Hotovely: Netanyahu Will Form a Nationalist Government - Israel National News
MK Tzipi Hotovely (Likud) dismissed claims that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu would look to form a unity government with the Labor party. In a post on Facebook before Shabbat, Hotovely said that Netanyahu will keep his promises from before the elections to form a coalition with the Likud's "natural partners". A government that is good for the people of Israel will be established within the next month," she wrote. "[Naftali] Bennett will be a senior minister, [Moshe] Kahlon will be finance minister."
Hotovely added that the new government's policy will be "political right with social sensitivity and addressing the cost of living." She further said that the next justice minister will be from the Likud and will "promote nationalist legislation." (Read more)
4. UN says Israel, not Iran, North Korea or Syria worst violator of human rights - Fox News
What country deserves more condemnation for violating human rights than any other nation on earth? According to the U.N.'s top human rights body, that would be Israel. Last week, Israel was the U.N.'s number one women's rights violator. This week it is the U.N.'s all-round human rights villain.
The U.N. Human Rights Council wrapped up its latest session in Geneva on Friday, March 27 by adopting four resolutions condemning Israel. That's four times more than any of the other 192 UN member states. (Read more)
5. Exclusive: In exchange for freed tax funds, PA won't pursue Israel over settlements at ICC - Jerusalem Post
The Palestinian Authority will formally join the International Criminal Court on April 1, but - following Israel's decision on Friday to release frozen tax revenues - is not expected at this time to take steps against Israel in the ICC regarding settlement construction.
In addition, The Jerusalem Post has learned that while the ICC prosecutor has - at the PA's request - opened a preliminary examination on alleged Israeli war crimes during Operation Protective Edge over the summer, the PA is not expected at this time to take additional legal steps in the ICC regarding the Gaza operation.
As a result of Israel's decision to free up the funds, the PA also does not intend now to stop its security cooperation with Israel, the Post also learned. (Read more)
6. EU keeps Hamas on terror list despite court ruling - YNET News
The European Union kept Hamas on its terrorism blacklist Friday despite a controversial court decision ordering Brussels to remove the Palestinian Islamist group from the register.
Brussels has lodged an appeal against a December ruling by the bloc's second highest court that Hamas should be delisted for the first time since 2001. "Hamas stays on list during Council's appeal to December judgement," Susanne Kiefer, a spokeswoman for the European Council said on Twitter. (Read more)
7. Hezbollah Leader Calls To Wipe Out 'Cancerous' Israel - United With Israel
Hassan Nasrallah, leader of the Hezbollah terror organization, emerged from hideout on Friday to deliver his first major speech in years, addressing a rally in his southern Beirut stronghold in support of the Palestinian war against Israel.
"Israel poses a danger on all people of this region . . . including Lebanon, and removing it is a Lebanese national interest," Nasrallah told hundreds of supporters in his half-hour speech. Israel is "a cancerous growth" that must be wiped out, he said. "The only solution is to destroy it without giving it the opportunity to surrender." (Read more)
8. Abbas: Yemen policy should extend to Palestine - YNET News
The 26th Arab League Summit opened Saturday in Sharm el-Sheikh on Saturday as Arab states gathered to discuss the region's many questions - the Saudi-led campaign in Yemen, the fight against Islamic State militants, talks to form a united military force, and of course, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas caused a furor before he even made a speech, when he used the strikes in Yemen as an opportunity to slam Hamas: "I hope the Arab states carry out the same policy that they are in Yemen in the case of all Arab nations that suffer from internal conflicts - such as Palestine, Syria, Libya, and Iraq." (Read more)
9. Ya'alon: You don't have to be in intelligence to know that Iran is lying - Jerusalem Post
Addressing talks between the P5+1 group of world powers and Iran in Switzerland, Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon said Sunday that "one does not have to be an intelligence agency member to know that Iran is lying without blinking, that today it is the biggest danger to the stability of the Middle East and the entire world."
Ya'alon added that the "Iranian appetite to export the revolution through terrorism will only get bigger, and with the seal of approval it receives as a legitimate state that is a touching distance away from being nuclear - the danger to the West and its allies in the Middle East will be enormous." (Read more)
10. Iran deal worse than Israel feared, Netanyahu says - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned Sunday against the emerging nuclear deal with Iran, as Iranian and Western officials in Lausanne, Switzerland were rushing to reach a framework agreement by an end-of-month deadline.
"After the Beirut-Damascus-Baghdad axis, Iran is maneuvering from the south to take over the entire Middle East," Netanyahu said at a cabinet meeting, one of the last for his outgoing government. "The Iran-Lausanne-Yemen axis is dangerous for mankind and must be stopped."
Netanyahu told ministers that he had spoken with Republican leaders in the US Senate and "conveyed our serious concern regarding the arrangement with Iran at the nuclear talks. This agreement confirms all our fears and exceeds them. (Read more)
11. BREAKING! Rouhani Aide Defects While Covering Iran Nuclear Talks - Israel National News
Close media aide to Iran's President seeking political asylum in Switzerland after travelling there to cover nuclear talks. (Read more)
An Interview of Interest
An Interview of Interest:
The Patriotic Remnant Interviews Laura Densmore
with news about the Passover Prayer Surge, and more!
Yesterday, the Patriotic Remnant in Burbank, California, broadcast another "PrayerCast" with a focus on the upcoming Passover Prayer Surge.
We encourage all of you to "listen in" to this 8-minute broadcast to learn more about the Passover Prayer Surge and the history of the Blood moons over Israel.
To listen to this interview, please go here.
Congress Enters the Spring District Work Period
Congress has now gone into recess so that its members might return to their districts for the next two weeks, to meet with their constituents (i.e., YOU), and to hear what is on your hearts.
Please check your local news for information about where your own member of Congress or your two senators might be hosting town hall meetings while they are home.
We also ask special prayer for these men and women, and their spouses, that each one might hear the whisper of the Holy Spirit and be drawn to consider the work of the Cross -- our salvation.
Please join us in claiming this promise for each member who may not know our Lord as his or her personal savior. Thank you.
""I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.'" (Isaiah 65:1)
Breaking! Iran Deal May be Reached
AFP: Iran Deal Reached in Switzerland
Though the terms were not released as the news broke at roughly 9:15 a.m. EDT, the framework is thought to be generous to Iran, as the U.S. and other western nations had caved on key positions in the days leading up to a March 31 deadline.
Breitbart News had predicted that a deal would be reached Sunday, as the travel schedules of senior world leaders in Switzerland for the negotiations made it virtually impossible for all of them to be present after Sunday's deliberations.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has called the terms of the emerging deal "even worse" than expected.
One unconfirmed source reports that the deal includes an agreement to cut Iran's centrifuges by two-thirds, "more or less."
Iran is reportedly resisting reports that a deal has been reached, citing them as efforts by the Western powers to use the media to pressure it into signing an agreement. (Breitbart) Read more
Iran and P5+1 have reached an interim nuclear agreement
(Jerusalem Online) Go here.
The Good News Corner
Oklahoma Teen Shares Inspirational Image of Cross Formed from Wreckage of Wednesday's Tornadoes [Hand of God Cloud Photo]
To read this article, go here.
(Source: The Gospel Herald)
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
"The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." (Matthew 7:25-26)
In these perilous times, when all that can be shaken is being shaken, let us return to the "faith of our fathers" and sing the hymns and songs of old.
May we each draw strength in our own time, as we "dig the wells of treasure" to draw upon the strength that carried our ancestors through their own perilous times. Amen.
On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
(Also called: MY HOPE)
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus' Name.
On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.
When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
To hear the melody, go here.
Or to sing with GodTube, go here.
About the Author:
Words: Edward Mote, circa 1834
Music: William B. Bradbury, 1863
About the hymn
To learn the story of how this hymn was written, please go here.
Signs and Wonders
THE TEMPLE INSTITUTE CONDUCTS UNPRECEDENTED PASSOVER OFFERING PRACTICE DRILL
In preparation for the upcoming festival of Passover, this past Wednesday (5 Nisan - 25 March) the 'Priestly Training Academy' established by the Temple Institute held a Passover offering practice drill that was documented by professional photographers. This was the most accurate and authentic reenactment of this service to have taken place in nearly 2,000 years.
The Temple Institute is currently producing an educational documentary film which will depict the various stages of the Passover offering. A DVD is also in the works for the benefit of yeshivot, seminaries and schools, and all who wish to study the details of this important subject.
The Kohanim who participated in this drill, all true descendants of Aaron, all wore authentic Priestly garments and recited the appropriate 'blessings' ( in practice mode) which applied to each stage of the commandment's fulfillment. The event was accompanied by blasts from silver trumpets, and the song of the Levitical choir.
Other stages of the drill included: examination of the lamb for blemishes, the priests bringing the animal to the Temple courtyard, the shechita and receiving the blood which is brought to the corner of the altar, skinning and separation of the inner parts, and the roasting of the whole lamb as required by the Divine command, in a special Passover oven designed and built for this purpose.
During 'chol hamoed', the intermediary days of Passover, the Temple Institute's Holy Temple Visitors Center is open to the public until 9:00 PM. Special presentations for children and Passover-oriented guided tours are planned! For details call 02-6264545
(Facebook for the Temple Institute) For more details and to see photos of this event, please go here.
Today's Birthdays on the Hill
Today we wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Rep. Janice Hahn (CA)
Rep. Patrick Murphy (FL)
Rep. Gerry Connolly (VA)
God bless you!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Lamb of God"
Please join Twila Paris in worshipping our King by going here.
Two Daily Conference Calls
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!