The "Peace Talks begin
tomorrow in Washington, D.C.
Decree Isaiah 8:10 over the
entire process. When the talks
stop, the process of releasing
Palestinian prisoners will also stop.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Monday, July 29, 2013
"And He said, 'My presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest.'" (Exodus 33:14)
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
VISIT OUR BLOG!
CHPP's blog includes archives of past editions of all of our alerts, as well as features on praying for the government, Israel, and other key issues.
Come visit us by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. 4 in 5 in US face near-poverty, no work - AP
Four out of 5 U.S. adults struggle with joblessness, near poverty or reliance on welfare for at least parts of their lives, a sign of deteriorating economic security and an elusive American dream. Survey data exclusive to The Associated Press points to an increasingly globalized U.S. economy, the widening gap between rich and poor and loss of good-paying manufacturing jobs as reasons for the trend.
- Abba Father, this report reflects how far as a nation we have fallen, as to standard of living. We repent for our nation and seek mercy, Lord.
Here are some prayer points:
- Pray for more people to recognize how widespread the problem is
- Pray for people to recognize their need for the Lord
- Pray for a return to self responsibility and ownership of actions and their consequences
- Pray for communities and neighborhoods to rise up more in mutual support and assistance.
In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- It is time for You to act, O Lord, for they have regarded Your law as void.
2. National Treasury Employees Union Urges Members to Oppose Obamacare . . . For Themselves - CNS News
The National Treasury Employees Union is urging its members to oppose legislation that would force federal employees off their government healthcare plans and onto the state and national healthcare exchanges established under Obamacare. Members of Congress and their staffers are already required to participate in the exchanges, which will go into effect next October 1st under the Affordable Care Act. However, a bill (HR 1780) introduced in April by Rep. David Camp (R-Mich.) would extend that requirement to all federal employees, an idea that does not sit well with the union.
- Lord, it appears more and more people are realizing how poorly designed this destructive healthcare bill is, and how invasive of our private lives. Father, if the law is mandated for most of the nation, then it should be mandated for all the people in the nation. Not only should all be included but the entire law still needs massive review, revision, and repeal of various parts. Lord, even some who supported it, now know it is not workable. It violates Your ways and encourages a culture of death. Help us Lord! In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. (Romans 7:14)
3. GOP Steps Up Fight as Obamacare Price Tag Grows - CBN
Republicans are stepping up their opposition against the president's costly healthcare overhaul, and it could leave Congress with a tough decision in just a matter of weeks: de-fund Obamacare or shut down the government. Meanwhile, the price tag for the president's healthcare overhaul is getting bigger. "The cost of Obamacare is now three times what they originally expected it to be and getting higher every day," Kereakos Zuras, a former adviser to President George W. Bush, said. Twelve senators and 66 congressmen have signed letters to their leaders, declaring they will not support a new government funding bill in September if it includes funds for the healthcare law.
- Abba Father, the cost of this healthcare law is beyond what the nation has to spend - for its agencies and administration, as well as individuals and families. The US is already essentially bankrupt, and so many people are out of work, and/or greatly struggling to survive. We repent for all the spirits of lawlessness, arrogance, greed and pride - which set up this nation - so that such a law could be passed. We ask for You, Father, to rise up and cause this evil, destructive law to be struck down. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- Evil men do not understand justice, but those who see the Lord understand all. (Proverbs 28:5)
4. Graham Audit Prompts House to Widen IRS Probe - CBN
Although the Obama administration blamed rogue IRS agents in the Cincinnati office for the Tea Party targeting scandal, a House oversight committee says it's appearing more as if the abuse is rooted in Washington.
The news comes as House Republicans indicate they may look into the use of audits against non-profit groups like the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, the Family Research Council, and the Virginia-based Leadership Institute. Franklin Graham says his organization was audited after taking out full-page ads supporting a same-sex marriage ban. In a letter to President Obama, he wrote, "I am bringing this to your attention because I believe that someone in the administration was targeting and attempting to intimidate us." "This is morally wrong and unethical - indeed some would call it 'un-American,'" Graham said.
White House press secretary Jay Carney has called the IRS pursuit a phony scandal. The president did likewise, implying it's hurting the economy.
- Heavenly Father, when our leadership tries to pass off the IRA audits against conservative groups as 'phony scandals', it causes money to be used for defense of the ministry instead of for the charity purposes for which it was contributed. Father, we ask You to confront these leaders fully in the night and daytime hours, to stop their lies and excuses. Instill in them a Holy Fear of God into every part of their being. In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- It is God who avenges me, and subdues the people under me. He delivers me from my enemies. You also lift me up above those who rise against me; You have delivered me from the violent man.(Psalm 18:47-48)
5. Texas, NC Bans Herald Growing Pro-Life Sentiment - CBN
Texas' battle to ban abortions at 20 weeks is now a talking point for politicians testing the presidential waters. CBN News obtained exclusive access to a July 19 gathering of Iowa pastors. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, was found firing up the audience with his take on the Lone Star showdown. "I'll tell you the pro-life protestors came to the Capitol, arm-in-arm, singing 'Amazing Grace' and the pro-abortion supporters responding by chanting, 'Hail, Satan.' You can't make this stuff up," Cruz told the audience.
A new Washington Post-ABC News poll found that 56 percent support restricting abortion after 20 weeks.
Another 10 percent of those surveyed would prefer to outlaw abortion in the United States altogether or limit it earlier than 20 weeks after fertilization. More than half -- 54 percent -- say they oppose state laws that make it more difficult for abortion clinics to operate compared to 45 percent who support such legislation. An NBC News-Wall Street Journal poll found similar results. Meanwhile, 55 percent of respondents say abortion should be illegal in all or most cases.
- Heavenly Father, the number of states are increasing which have voted in a law against this slaughter of the unborn, and per the polls, more should join this position. We thank you Lord for this news, and ask You to stay in the midst of the legal challenges that are arising to fight these new laws.
- Pray that the will of the people who voted in laws in Texas, North Carolina, Arkansas and North Dakota be heard and honored as the battles continue up through the layers of the legal system
- Pray that awareness of the evil darkness, and violent death and injury involved with abortion will expand so more and more people awaken to the need for these laws.
In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble; may the name of the God of Jacob defend you; may He send you help from the sanctuary, and strengthen you out of Zion. (Psalm 20:1-2)
6. Software experts attack cars, to release code as hackers meet - Reuters
Car hacking is not a new field, but its secrets have long been closely guarded. That is about to change, thanks to two well-known computer software hackers who got bored finding bugs in software from Microsoft and Apple. Charlie Miller and Chris Valasek say they will publish detailed blueprints of techniques for attacking critical systems in the Toyota Prius and Ford Escape in a 100-page white paper, following several months of research they conducted with a grant from the U.S. government.
The two "white hats" - hackers who try to uncover software vulnerabilities before criminals can exploit them - will also release the software they built for hacking the cars at the Def Con hacking convention in Las Vegas this week.
They said they devised ways to force a Toyota Prius to brake suddenly at 80 miles an hour, jerk its steering wheel, or accelerate the engine. They also say they can disable the brakes of a Ford Escape traveling at very slow speeds, so that the car keeps moving no matter how hard the driver presses the pedal.
- Abba Father, this news of how cars can be 'reprogrammed' to do dangerous, destructive things is awful. There have been other reports of remote hacking to control cars against what the driver wants, and death and/or violent accidents have occurred.
- We pray that car companies understand and address these dangers and develop security to block these access portals
- We pray that the public can awaken to these dangers and be more sensitive to any changes, listening to Your guidance
- We pray that You, Father, will be in the midst of these attacks and protect Your people.
In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. (Psalm 118:8)
7. Plastic Bag Bans Increase Crime - Townhall.com
Several large cities throughout the country have enacted plastic bag bans in recent years to become more environmentally friendly. Unfortunately, these bans appear to be affecting communities in a more negative way.
Ah, the hazards of the nanny state. . . This is yet another example of why paternalism just doesn't work. Urban social engineers may be well-intentioned (though many actually aren't), but the policy they craft tends to turn out rather badly. When you start policing the small daily choices people make -- the cars they drive, the soft drinks they imbibe, the bags with which they pick up groceries -- you can't predict what's going to happen. People might accept the intrusion, or they could circumvent it and choose something that's even worse for society than before. So listen up, Bloomberg-ites!
- Heavenly Father, this article reflects what can happen when those in power positions think only their views and choices are to be followed, and that they know better than any of us about even small aspects of our lives. Some of these decisions are made with good intentions but many are power and control games being enforced. Lord, we ask You to deliver us from these people. Have mercy and save them if they will turn to You, but move them aside. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- It is not good to show partiality to the wicked, or to overthrow the righteous in judgment (Proverbs 18:5)
8. FBI Rescues More than 100 Teenage Children from Trafficking Ring over Weekend - Fox News
A sweeping operation by the FBI, called "Operation Cross Country VII," has proved to be successful as 105 children who were trafficked and exploited in 76 cities across the US, were rescued this weekend. In addition, there were 150 pimps who were arrested in the sting.
The 3-day operation is part of a larger FBI initiative called, "Innocence Lost," which has rescued 2,700 trafficked children to date, throughout the USA since 2003. "Child prostitution remains a persistent threat to children across America," noted the FBI's Ron Hosko, the assistant director of the Criminal Investigative Division.
- We offer all glory and honor and praise to our King of Kings and our Lord of Lords for this awesome answer to prayer. Praise the Lord! Continue to lift up the FBI and all other agencies working with them to rescue these children, and bind the spirit of backlash that would come against these agents as a result of their work. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble." (Luke 17:2)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised
In the city of our God,
In His holy mountain.
Beautiful in elevation,
The joy of the whole earth,
Is Mount Zion on the sides of the north,
The city of the great King."
1. Talks with Palestinians to begin informally on Monday - Jerusalem Post
The cabinet paved the way on Sunday for negotiations with the Palestinians to start informally in Washington on Monday, as it voted 13-7 to approve the talks and empower a ministerial committee to release 104 Palestinian prisoners over the next nine months.
2. Israel agrees to free 104 Palestinians as peace gesture - USA Today
An official says Israel's Cabinet has approved the release of 104 long-held Palestinian prisoners, clearing a hurdle toward a possible resumption of Israeli-Palestinian peace talks after five years of paralysis.
3. US confirms: Peace talks to begin Monday - Ynet News
The US has confirmed that peace negations between Israel and the Palestinians will begin Monday. Palestinians have also confirmed the reports. Both Palestinian and Israeli senior official sources, however, said there was little chance the talks would lead to meaningful results.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you." (Matthew 5:11-12)
1. Christian Tragedy in the Muslim World - Hoover Institution
Few people realize that we are today living through the largest persecution of Christians in history, worse even than the famous attacks under ancient Roman emperors like Diocletian and Nero. Estimates of the numbers of Christians under assault range from 100-200 million. According to one estimate, a Christian is martyred every five minutes. And most of this persecution is taking place at the hands of Muslims. Of the top fifty countries persecuting Christians, forty-two have either a Muslim majority or have sizeable Muslim populations.
2. Erasing Turkey's Christian Past - Economist
ON JULY 5th the mufti of Trabzon gathered with other citizens for the first Friday prayers of the holy fasting month of Ramadan, not at a mosque but at an ancient Byzantine church. The gathering was a symbolic re-enactment of the conquest in 1462 of this ancient Greek Black Sea port by Mehmet II, the Ottoman sultan who had wrested Constantinople from the Byzantines in 1453. He marked his victory by converting the Haghia Sophia cathedral of today's Istanbul into a mosque.
Haghia Sophia's sister of the same name in Trabzon is less grand. Yet with its dazzling frescoes and magnificent setting overlooking the sea, the 13th-century building is regarded as one of the finest examples of Byzantine architecture. As with other Christian monuments, the Haghia Sophia in Trabzon has become a symbol in the battle between secularists and Islamists. It was converted into a mosque around the 16th century and, after other incarnations, became a museum in 1964. But the Islamists won the last round in 2012 when a local court accepted the claim by the General Directorate of the Pious Foundations, the government body responsible for Turkey's historic mosques, that the Haghia Sophia belonged to the foundation of Mehmet II and was being "illegally occupied" by the culture ministry.
3. Proposal for Bible Class at Delaware High School Sparks Debate - The Blaze
There's debate over a proposed high school class in one Delaware community. The course, one that would explore the Bible's role in both history and society, would be optional for students - but that hasn't halted the controversy surrounding it.
The elective class is spawning angst among those who fear separation of church and state violations. Supporters, however, believe that the educational experience will offer a viable way to teach students about the massive impact the book has had on society.
In taking the course, students would read the Bible, but they would also rely upon an accompany textbook, Delaware Online reports. Rather than a religious study, the class is being dubbed by supporters as offering an academic lens through which the historical book can be examined.
"An educated person needs to know about the Bible. It's a great course," resident Betsy Glover said at a past board meeting, according to CapeGazette.com. "If Cape does it, it would be the first school in the state."
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
Of society and personal responsibility
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
The political agenda of the liberal left has been since its inception to disarm the public. In this way, there is great control by the government. People become very complacent about anything the government wants to do because they have no real leverage of the lifeblood of their existence. Our nation is marred by murder-suicides, shootings at schools and malls, suicides and other violence. Picking up the leftist mantra of never wasting a good crisis, the politicians have plied the good hearts and sympathies of the American people into thinking that the problem is guns. Guns are not the problem, society is. Or is it?
We live in a society where the top TV shows depict homosexuality, violence, murder, and sexual content as normal. Our children are bombarded with agendas all day, everyday. Video games are increasingly violent and sexual, filling young minds with dark concepts and desires that are beyond the thought of many, if not most, parents. The nightly news if filled with murders, kidnappings, thefts, political corruption and liberal brainwashing. The government has made it so difficult to make a living because of taxes, regulations, political pressures that the two income family is not only the norm, but folks are looked down upon if both husband and wife do not have "careers." This leaves the care of children to someone else.
Yes, society is a mess. Guns don't kill people, people do. Homosexuality wouldn't destroy lives if homosexuals didn't practice it. Abortion wouldn't kill a single baby if doctors didn't perform them on willing mothers convinced there is no other way. Suicide would not take one life, if the person didn't commit it. I know these are oversimplifications, but it is true. Somewhere along the line, there must be individual responsibility. Life is not sterile labels that cause us to do things. It is our responsibility unto God to do what is right. If we do well, and engage society with true righteousness, things can ultimately change for the better.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
[Editor's Note: Bill Wilson will be offline the next three days due to the fact that he is moving his office to a new location. We will take this opportunity to catch up on some recent editions of the Daily Jot that we have missed. Thank you.]
News from the CPC Foundation
News from the Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation
Note: here are this week's headlines from the Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation. Please visit their website for more information on national and state religious liberty issues. Their website is located at:
1. House Passes Rep. Fleming's Measure To Ban Atheist Military Chaplains
Take a minute to pray for and show your appreciation to these leaders that are drawing a line in the sand. The amendment was cosponsored by Prayer Caucus Members Representatives Forbes, Jordan, Lankford, Pitts, and Bridenstine. The amendment passed the House by a vote of 253-173 on July 23, 2013. The U.S. House has approved a measure that bars the Defense Department from appointing atheist chaplains.
2. Only 24% Of Americans Aware That Religious Freedom Is 1st Amendment Right
An annual survey of over 1,000 Americans has found that only 24% of respondents are able to identify religious freedom as a First Amendment right.
3. Chaplain Ordered To Remove Religious Essay From Military Website
A chaplain at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Alaska was ordered to remove a religious column he had written titled, "No Atheists in Foxholes: Chaplains Gave all in World War II," because it allegedly offended atheists serving on the Air Force base.
4. Military Censors Christian Chaplain, Atheists Call For Punishment
A Christian chaplain in the military is being officially censored for engaging in free speech, and anti-Christian activists are demanding he be punished.
5. Catholic Company Temporarily Forced To Comply With HHS Mandate
WASHINGTON - While its lawsuit continues through the court system, Mersino Management Co. will be forced to offer contraceptive coverage to its workers under the HHS mandate, despite its owners' Catholic faith.
Prayers During Ramadan
Welcome newcomers: hospitality opens hearts
For Tuesday July 30, Ramadan 2013 - Day 22.
"Loving Muslims Through Prayer"
In 2008 a newcomer centre was opened in Canada. The idea was simply to welcome Muslims and give them practical assistance in their new country. Friendships were forged as the newcomers got help with home-building, child-care, tutoring, homework or to learn English.
Today, baby showers for new mothers, football camps for boys and girls, and community festivals for the whole family are but a few more things the centre does to welcome newcomers.
- Muslims who have been uprooted generally come ill-prepared to cope with new people, culture and language. Pray that mature Christians come alongside them to be their friends and new family.
- Pray that God would direct believers to meet people of peace (Luke 10), and in turn be the instrument to introduce Muslims to the Prince of Peace.
- Many Muslims in North America are shocked when a Westerner greets them with a "Hi." Yet often it only takes a "Hi" to establish a life-long friendship. Give it a try!
Complete article, video, audio, comments is here.
The Good News Corner
Saved From the Bowels of a Perverted Industry
Meet a young girl who could be your daughter, or granddaughter. Someone who desperately needed to be loved, but was lied to and manipulated by the wrong people who preyed on her youth and naiveté. Had no one cared, had no one dug their heels in to pursue her for Christ, she'd still be living a life of abuse and degradation. But today, she's free-thanks' to some truly courageous Christians.
Ministering to the porn industry is a not calling everyone is equipped to do. In fact, while every Christian is equipped to witness Christ's love and redemption to every person we meet, my guess is that very few are equipped to succeed in this particular business.
I'm pretty sure I'm not. I don't have the limitless patience, strength and conviction it would take to make it to the finish line. I'm the mom who sheltered my children, averts my eyes at all costs, and is adept at living in denial. Worse, I get so enraged at the thought of children being abused, neglected, enslaved and killed that my reaction to perpetrators of those crimes is as un-Christlike as you can get.
I don't confess all this to reap rebuke from Christians who are stronger than me and, no doubt at this very moment, composing arguments to shame or convict me. Don't bother; I've heard them all. . . .
Enter ex-porn actress named Brittni as an example. Through the dedication of XXXChurch ministries, this young girl-who was manipulated and taken advantage of like so many youth in our country-finally found the true love she'd been looking for. I stumbled across her video testimony (below) and was convicted to pray for her, and for this important ministry.
Because, as I'm sure many of you would also be quick to remind me, we may not all be called to minister in specific areas of life, but we can all pray. We MUST pray. (Breaking Christian News) Read more.
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
How Great is our God
Gadol Elohai by Joshua Aaron