Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Israel Report Volume I, Number 7a
July 14, 2013
News in the Region
"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting."
Egypt: Headlines for Prayer
- WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN EGYPT?
- ANALYSIS: TURMOIL AND LAWLESSNESS IN EGYPT
- MORSI'S OUSTER SPELLS TROUBLE FOR REGION'S OTHER ISLAMIST MOVEMENTS
- EGYPT PROSECUTOR ORDERS ARREST OF MB LEADERS
- EGYPTIAN MILITARY TARGETING HAMAS TERRORISTS
1. WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN EGYPT?
Al Sharq Al Wasat, one of many Arabic newspapers, wrote on July 5, "How could a president, his cabinet, ministers and advisors all be ousted and arrested overnight?"
Questions continue to fill headlines in the Middle East and elsewhere. Most of the world was taken by surprise, even after seeing millions of Egyptians in the streets demanding the end of Muslim Brotherhood oppression and injustice.
What Really Happened?
Politicians have attempted to explain. Only the church in Egypt can tell us really what happened. . .
To discover the keys to this victory, please go here. Thank you.
(Source: Dr. Victor Khalil, Ministries International)
- Offer praise to the Lord for the thousands of Coptic Christians who gathered and did not pray against the enemy. Instead, they agreed in their declaration "that the Most High rules in the kingdom of men" (Daniel 4:17) and that Christ will be glorified and show Himself to the world through the land of Egypt.
Theirs is a message to the body of Christ in other lands. What does it take to change kingdoms?
- " . . . the Most High rules in the kingdom of men" (Daniel 4:17)
2. ANALYSIS: TURMOIL AND LAWLESSNESS IN EGYPT
Great "leader" nations in the Middle East continue to erupt in volitile tumultuous upheaval, with each day presenting new and often unexpected faces to the situations, faces which may be quite different tomorrow. Last week Egypt's first democratically-elected President Islamist Mohamed Morsi was deposed, after the cries of millions of disgruntled citizens, angry at a collapsing economy, broken promises and what they see as a bullying takeover by the Islamist Muslim Brotherhood, spurred the military to step in and remove the President after his having served only one year in office. As a safety measure, not only was Morsi placed in confinement, so were the top five leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood. Counter demonstrations by Brotherhood and other Morsi supporters have kept the streets of Cairo seething and the death toll rising. Although the military has proposed an interim government and new elections in which the Brotherhood may be again represented, at this point they seem in no way inclined to agree to this.
Meanwhile, an Islamist party called Al Nour has risen into a surprisingly influential position with the military leaders. Made up of ultraconservatives known as Salafis, Al Nour's sheik leader was carefully positioned behind the general who announced the military takeover on television, presumably to assure the populace that the action was not an attack on Islam. Since then, Al Nour has already wielded its new enfluence by nixing the military's proposal of liberal Nobel-winning diplomat Mohamed ElBaradei for interim prime minister. That this Islamist party might itself come to replace the more moderate Muslim Brotherhood is worrisome indeed for those who had hoped for more separation between religion and politics. Al Nour and other Salafist groups have already been active in a campaign for constitutional provisions enshrining Islamic Law, and against its containing a new express guarantee of equality for women ("Islamist Party a Surprise Force in a New Egypt": The New York Times, 7 July 2013).
The fall of the Brotherhood in Egypt has had repercussions in Gaza, where the rogue-rulers Hamas are looking with dismay at what this probably means regarding the support they've enjoyed under Morsi's regime. (Hamas itself came into existence as a militant offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood.) And in Syria, where the Brotherhood forces, although by no means in the majority, have been the most influtential faction and only truly organized group in the Sunni opposition seeking to overthrow Assad, it is feared that the toppling of their "mother branch" in Egypt may so weaken their influence that the more militant factions who have no interest in even a semblance of democratic order may take the ascendancy.
Meanwhile, the international community, within which many have strong economic/military ties with Egypt, is steering clear of labeling the shake-up a "coup." (The military claimed it didn't carry out a coup, but rather merely enforced the will of the people.)
- God's mercy over the 84 million souls in Egypt; that His Kingdom Come in that land.
- Against a spirit of lawlessness which is running rampant in Egypt. Besides the battles between warring factions, there have reportedly been hundreds of women assaulted by bands of thugs roaming the squares where the demonstrations are taking place.
- All of Isaiah 19, including the portion quoted below.
- For the thousands of believers in Egypt-that they will be led in truth and courage; granted angelic protection, and divine strategy and counsel.
- For a Christian reporter and his cameraman we know who God has led into the midst of Egypt this week; that he will have the protection and guidance and assistance necessary to record and chronicle exactly what God is sending him there to report.
- For leaders in Israel to see and understand and have insight from heaven into what is taking place in her neighbor to the south, and how best and most wisely to respond. That the treaty between Israel and Egypt will be preserved.
- "I will set Egyptians against Egyptians; everyone will fight against his brother, and everyone against his neighbor, city against city, kingdom against kingdom. The spirit of Egypt will fail in its midst; I will destroy their counsel.for they will cry to YHVH because of the oppressors, and He will send them a Savior and a Mighty One, and He will deliver them. Then YHVH will be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians will know YHVH in that day." (Isaiah 19: 2-3b, 20b-21a)
(Source: Prayer Update From Israel, July 8, 2013, Martin and Norma Sarvis, Jerusalem)
3. MORSI'S OUSTER SPELLS TROUBLE FOR REGION'S OTHER ISLAMIST MOVEMENTS
The ouster a week ago of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood government represents a significant setback for the Islamist movements that have proved the biggest beneficiaries so far of the Arab Spring revolts. From Tunisia to war-torn Syria, anti-Islamist activists have begun expressing unhappiness with the religious parties empowered by freedoms the turmoil unleashed. That the backlash has crescendo in Egypt - the Arab world's political and cultural trendsetter and the birthplace of the Muslim Brotherhood 80 years ago - is likely to resonate far beyond, perhaps most forcefully in Syria.
The specter of the Arab world's most populous nation rising up in unprecedented numbers against an Islamist leader has likely tainted the Brotherhood's long effort to present itself as a viable alternative to the region's mostly repressive regimes, in ways it will find hard to redress. In the Gaza Strip, for one, a source close to the Islamist Hamas government said of Morsi's downfall that Hamas officials were, "in complete and utter shock."
Those in the Gaza Strip not affiliated with Hamas, an offspring of the Muslim Brotherhood, have expressed optimism that events in Egypt would encourage a similar overthrow of Gaza's repressive Hamas government. (Ynet/Washington Post)
- Oh Lord God, we glory in the glorious work from heaven that has defeated the Muslim Brotherhood and the Islamist movements and we trust that Your great power will continue to rise in complete victory over the evil in Egypt, Tunisia, Syria and the Gaza Strip and the holy banner of our God will be hailed as the reigning spirit over the Middle East. In Jesus' Name.
- "That then the Lord thy God will turn your captivity, and have compassion upon you, and will return and gather you from all nations, whither the Lord your God has scattered you. If any of you be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from there will He fetch you." (Deuteronomy 30:3-4)
4. EGYPT PROSECUTOR ORDERS ARREST OF MB LEADERS
Egypt's prosecutor this week ordered the arrest of leaders of ousted President Mohamed Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood, including its supreme guide Mohamed Badie. The leaders were charged with inciting violence that saw 55 of their members shot dead. A week after the army toppled Egypt's first democratically elected president, the bloodshed on Monday has opened fissures in the Arab world's most populous country, with levels of bitterness unseen in its modern history. The past week's violence alarmed Western donors and Israel, which has a 1979 peace treaty with Egypt. Washington has neither welcomed Morsi's removal nor denounced it as a "coup," which under US law would require it to halt aid including the $1.3 billion it gives the army each year. (INN)
- The Brotherhood's spiritual leader Mohamed Badie arrested Wednesday is considered by critics to be the actual power behind Morsi's recent rule. Among many inflammatory statements against Israel made by Brotherhood heads, Badie in 2010 deemed it "the duty of all Muslims to carry out jihad against Israel - and the US." Pray for sound government leaders to be raised up in Egypt; ones not dominated by an Islamist agenda.
- "The Spirit of the Lord will rest on Him,
The spirit of wisdom and understanding,
The spirit of counsel and strength,
The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.
And He will delight in the fear of the Lord,
And He will not judge by what His eyes see,
Nor make a decision by what His ears hear;
But with righteousness He will judge the poor,
And decide with fairness for the afflicted of the earth . . ." (Isaiah 11:2 - 4)
(Source: JNN News)
5. EGYPTIAN MILITARY TARGETING HAMAS TERRORISTS
An Egyptian military source said Thursday the army had killed and arrested some 200 terrorists in the Sinai. He said 32 Hamas members were killed and 45 activists were held. "Hamas is flaring up the situation in Sinai after Mohammed Morsi's ouster," he explained. Military heads in Cairo are said to be planning a wider offensive in Sinai. They are requesting of Israel to allow a sizable military force into that region for a limited period of time. Current treaties between the two countries prohibit large-scale military mobilizations in the Sinai Peninsula, but Israel is unlikely to oppose such an operation, intended to clear Sinai from extremist terror groups that have gained a foothold there since the fall of the Mubarak regime in 2011, and who pose a serious threat to Israel's southern regions. (Arutz-7)
- Hamas, an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood, has been responsible for thousands of rocket and mortar attacks on Israel. The attacks have killed several dozen people and injured hundreds, but their main effect is the creation of widespread psychological trauma and disruption of daily life among the Israeli populace.
Pray the Hamas terrorist organization and its affiliates will be rendered utterly powerless in its violent goals and tactics. Pray against renewed rocket attacks against Israel's southern communities.
(Source: JNN News)
Syria, Iran: Headlines for Prayer
- UK WARNS OF CHEMICAL CATASTROPHE IN SYRIA IF ASSAD REGIME FALLS
- SYRIAN REBELS HINT ISRAEL BEHIND ATTACK ON MISSILE CACHE
- IDF REINFORCES GOLAN BORDER WITH EYE ON HIZBULLAH
- NEW FRONT OPENS IN SYRIA
- PENTAGON: IRANIAN NUKES COULD REACH U.S. BY 2015
- BREAKING: RUSSIA MOBILIZES 160,000 TROOPS
1. UK WARNS OF CHEMICAL CATASTROPHE IN SYRIA IF ASSAD REGIME FALLS
Syria's huge array of chemical weapons could fall into the hands of terrorist organizations if President Bashar Assad is toppled, with "catastrophic" consequences, according to a report by British lawmakers this week.
Britain's foreign intelligence service says Syria owns "vast stockpiles" of such weapons, including mustard gas, sarin, and VX, the deadliest nerve agent. "There is a significant risk some of the country's chemical weapons stockpile could fall into the hands of those with links to terrorism in Syria or elsewhere in the region. If this happens, the consequences could be catastrophic," the committee said.
The conflict in Syria has killed over 100,000 people, driven 1.7 million more abroad as refugees and left swathes of urban Syria in ruins. Last month, the US said Assad's forces had used the nerve agent sarin on a small scale multiple times against opposition fighters, an assessment with which the British government agrees. The committee said the most worrying point about their intelligence on Syria's attitude to chemical weapons is "how low a threshold they have for its use." (Ha'aretz)
- As the nations work together to share their intelligence resources, understanding the true threat posed by Syria, pray that appropriate responses be taken according to the perfect will of God. The chemical weapons cited in this report are truly horrific; ask our Lord to move upon the hearts of the leaders of the nations of the free world to know how to contain this threat. If we all upon Him, He will answer. Amen.
- "Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know." (Jer. 33:3)
2. SYRIAN REBELS HINT ISRAEL BEHIND ATTACK ON MISSILE CACHE
Syrian rebels are hinting that Israel was behind the recent attack on a Russian anti-missile cache. Qassem Saadeddine, spokesman for the Free Syrian Army's Military Council, said a pre-dawn strike on July 5, hit a Syrian navy barracks near the port of Latakia. He said the rebel forces' intelligence network had identified newly supplied Yakhont missiles being stored there. "However, it was not the FSA that targeted this," Saadeddine said. "This attack was either by air raid or long range missiles fired from boats in the Mediterranean." Israel's Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon has denied Israeli ties to the Latakia explosion. He said in reference to the strike that killed between 10 and 20 Syrian soldiers, "For a long time we have continued to say we are not involving ourselves in the bloody civil war in Syria. We have established our red lines and are sticking to them." (J.Post)
See also: "U.S. Officials: Israel Behind Recent Syria Airstrike"
Unnamed U.S. officials tell CNN that Israel struck Russian-made missiles in Latakia, Syria last Friday. (Read more)
- Pray against any false reports coming out of this region that would serve to fuel the tension already in place. Ask our Lord to forgive the report cited by certain "unnamed U.S. officials," for they know not what they do. In Yeshua's name, amen.
- " . . . all unrighteousness shuts its mouth. . . " (Psalm 107:42b)
3. IDF REINFORCES GOLAN BORDER WITH EYE ON HIZBULLAH
Israel is bolstering its forces on the once-quiet frontier with Syria where it believes Lebanese Hizbullah terrorists are preparing for the hour when they could fight Israel. Hizbullah leader, Hassan Nasrallah, threatened in May to turn the Golan into a new front against Israel. An Israeli military source said this week, "We're not waiting for an attack from Syria. We're building the border fence, we have sent up tanks, more regiments, field intelligence and increased observations." Israel is particularly worried the Hizbullah terrorist group will get hold of advanced weapon systems or chemical arms in Syria. Hizbullah, which is also backed by Iran, has sent thousands of its own fighters to combat Syrian rebels. Among other concerns is the knowledge that Hizbullah is accruing valuable combat experience on the Syrian battlefield. (J.Post/Yet)
- Continue to pray for the safety of Israel's northern borders and communities.
- "The Lord will protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul." (Psalm 121:7)
(Source: JNN News)
4. NEW FRONT OPENS IN SYRIA
Al-Qaida assassinated commander, rebels say attack means war
Syrian rebels said on Friday the assassination of one of their top commanders by al-Qaida-linked militants was tantamount to a declaration of war, opening a new front for the Western-backed fighters struggling against President Bashar Assad's forces.
Rivalries have been growing between the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and the Islamists, whose smaller but more effective forces control most of the rebel-held parts of northern Syria more than two years after pro-democracy protests became an uprising.
"We will not let them get away with it because they want to target us," a senior FSA commander said on condition of anonymity after members of the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant killed Kamal Hamami on Thursday.
"We are going to wipe the floor with them," he said. (Watch.org)
- Ask our Lord, Who is high and lifted up and Whose train fills the temple, to command His angels to stand guard over Israel and the innocent people of the Middle East, that each one might be protected unto salvation. Man can make his plans (going to war), but God directs his steps. In Yeshua's mighty, mighty name, amen.
- "Bless the Lord, you His angels, Mighty in strength, who perform His word, Obeying the voice of His word!" (Psalm 103:20)
5. PENTAGON: IRANIAN NUKES COULD REACH U.S. BY 2015
A recent report released by the US Department of Defense claims that Iran is already capable of launching missiles up to 2,000 km, as Iran continues its race to achieve nuclear capability. US intelligence agencies have assessed that as early as 2015, Iran will be set to test an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), that has the capability to strike the United States, a released Pentagon report states. "Iran has ambitious ballistic missile and space launch development programs and continues to attempt to increase the range, lethality, and accuracy of its ballistic missile force," the report says. "Iran could develop and test an ICBM capable of reaching the United States by 2015." (Jerusalem Post) Read more.
- Father in heaven, we claim the scriptures that Iran will be defeated just as Russia will be, and that Your strong hand will mix up the testing of the ballistic missile and space launch development programs and that all evil power attempting to escalate these programs be defeated by the Blood of Jesus Christ just as they were defeated at the Cross. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "And God shall judge among many people and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plow-shares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore."
6. BREAKING: RUSSIA MOBILIZES 160,000 TROOPS
Action Taken After US Officials Confirm Israel Took Out Russian Missiles At Latakia Arsenal in Syria
MOSCOW, July 13 (RIA Novosti) Russia's defense minister on Saturday said that up to 160,000 servicemen are involved in the large-scale exercises in the Eastern Military District, double the number initially reported.
"The total number of servicemen involved in the snap drills was up to 81,000 last night, the figure this morning was up to 160,000 servicemen," Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said.
The exercises also involve about 1,000 tanks and armored vehicles, 130 aircraft and 70 warships from the Pacific Fleet, Shoigu confirmed. These latter figures remain unchanged.
Russia has staged large-scale military exercises in the country's Eastern military district aimed at enhancing the defense capabilities of its armed forces, Defense Ministry says.
The drills, which are the largest surprise check of combat readiness of the Russian military in the post-Soviet period, started on Saturday. (Investment Watch) Read more.
- Once again, we come before our Lord, thanking Him for being in control of the affairs of men. Although the armies of a great nation are now marching towards Syria, the armies of Heaven are watching, and will intervene in this situation if it is His will. Pray in the spirit over this report, and praise Him for His sovereignty among the nations.
- "In my distress I called upon the Lord, And cried to my God for help; He heard my voice out of His temple, And my cry for help before Him came into His ears."
The Israel Report Volume I, Number 7b
Israel: Headlines for Prayer
Israel: Headlines for Prayer
- NEW AMBASSADOR APPOINTED TO EMBASSY IN WASHINGTON
- OBAMA NAMES LGBT ACTIVIST AS LIAISON TO JEWISH COMMUNITY
- ONE MILLION PALESTINIANS TO ENTER ISRAEL DURING RAMADAN
- SECRETARY KERRY'S INITIATIVE AND MIDDLE EAST REALITY
- ABBAS: WE'RE NOT MAKING ANY CONCESSIONS
- NEW CHRISTIAN ARAB PARTY ANNOUNCED IN ISRAEL
- IDF FINDS REMAINS OF ROCKET FIRED FROM EGYPT
- PHOTOS SUGGEST SAUDIS TARGETING ISRAEL, IRAN WITH MISSILES
- PART OF ANCIENT SPHINX FOUND IN NORTHERN ISRAEL
1. NEW AMBASSADOR APPOINTED TO EMBASSY IN WASHINGTON
PM Netanyahu Appoints Ron Dermer as Next Ambassador to the United States
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu appointed Ron Dermer as Israel's next Ambassador to the U.S. earlier this week. Over the past four years, Dermer has served as Prime Minister Netanyahu's senior adviser and previously served as the economic attaché at the Israeli Embassy in Washington from 2005 to 2008.
Prime Minister Netanyahu praised his advisor, "Ron Dermer has all the qualities necessary to successfully fill this important post. I have known him for many years and I know that Ron will faithfully represent the State of Israel in the capital of our greatest ally - the USA. On behalf of the citizens of Israel, I wish him great success.
"After more than four years, during which I had the honor of serving as Israel's ambassador to our most important ally, I will conclude my term this fall," Ambassador Michael Oren said. "I wish to express my warmest congratulations to Ron Dermer. .As a close friend and a long-time colleague of Ron's, I know that he is uniquely qualified for this position and is deeply committed to the historic U.S.-Israel alliance." (The Embassy of Israel to the United States) Read more.
- We thank the Lord for the leadership of Ambassador Michael Oren over these past four years, as he has truly sought to help our American people understand the heart of Israel, as well as the threats she currently faces. We pray, too, for the new ambassador-appointee, Ron Dermer, as he prepares to assume this position in September. Thank You, Lord, for our many friends who work here inside the Embassy of Israel in Washington, D.C. Please bless them all, amen.
- "The Lord bless you and keep you . . ." (Numbers 6:24)
2. OBAMA NAMES LGBT ACTIVIST AS LIAISON TO JEWISH COMMUNITY
The White House is set to name Matt Nosanchuk, a lawyer who has been prominent in advancing the Obama administration's gay rights policies, as its new full-time Jewish liaison.
JTA learned Wednesday that Nosanchuk will replace Zach Kelly, who has held the job part time since the last full-time liaison to the Jewish community, Jarrod Bernstein, left for the private sector in January.
From 2009 to 2012, Nosanchuk was a top staffer in the Justice Department's civil rights division, where he helped shape the Obama administration's response to a challenge to the Defense of Marriage Act. That challenge last month successfully nullified the act, extending federal rights to same-sex couples.
Nosanchuk also oversaw implementation of the Matthew Shephard Hate Crimes Act, passed in 2009, that expanded hate crimes to include those motivated by gender, gender identification and disability. Hate crimes generally mandate tougher sentences for crimes in which bias is part of the motivation.
Since 2012, Nosanchuk has worked at the Department of Homeland Security. (Times of Israel) Read more
- Stand in repentance for an administration that continues to push the gay agenda down our throats at every chance it gets. May God yet have mercy upon our nation. Amen.
- "It was the same in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building. But the day Lot left Sodom, fire and sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all. It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed." (Luke 17:28-30)
ONE MILLION PALESTINIANS TO ENTER ISRAEL DURING RAMADAN
For devout Muslims in Israel and abroad, Wednesday [July 10] ushers in a month-long endurance test of faith and resolve. Not only will religious Muslim believers fast for a month in the scorching heat, because of the lunar-based calendar used by Islam, this year's Ramadan will be the longest in 33 years, with each daily fast spanning 16 hours.
The police and defense establishment are already bracing themselves for a testing month of their own. For the police, Ramadan falls on the summer recess, leaving a large number of youths out and about; and for security forces, more than a million Palestinians from the West Bank [Judea and Samaria] are planning to arrive in Israel to visit their loved ones and partake in Temple Mount prayer services. With their children's well-being in mind, leaders of Israel's Muslim Arab community have already begun to coordinate with the police in a preemptive bid to prevent violence among spring breakers. A number of days ago, together with a handful of imams [Islamic leadership position], the head of the Interior Ministry's Muslim desk, Dr. Ziad Abu Mokh, held a meeting with police representatives. . .
Palestinian police officers are expected to aid in screening the Palestinians attempting to enter Israel and remove those likely to be involved in unlawful activity. Soldiers manning the checkpoints have been instructed to exhibit sensitivity and flexibility when interacting with worshipers, and it has also been requested they refrain from smoking, eating or drinking while in the presence of worshipers, all of which are forbidden during Ramadan. (Bridges for Peace) Read more.
- Pray for peace in Jerusalem during the month of Ramadan. Pray for the safety of those coming and going and for the soldiers manning the security checkpoints.
- "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: May they prosper who love you. Peace be within your walls, Prosperity within your palaces." (Psalm 122:6,7)
4. SECRETARY KERRY'S INITIATIVE AND MIDDLE EAST REALITY
However, John Kerry, the well-intentioned US Secretary of State, just paid his fifth visit-since February-to the Middle East, preoccupying himself with the Palestinian issue, which is a sideshow in the volcanic Middle East. The Secretary has ignored this advice: when smothered by lethal sandstorms, one should not be preoccupied with tumbleweeds. . .
US-Israel relations have not evolved around the Palestinian issue, but around shared values (dating back to the 17th century), mutual threats and joint commercial, defense, and homeland security interests. US interests in the Middle East are not centered on the Palestinian issue, as demonstrated by the recently imploding Arab Street. Vital US interests, US-Israel relations and the pursuit of peace would be best served by the US lowering its profile in the pursuit of Israel-Arab peace, while upgrading its profile in much more critical parts of the Middle East. (Bridges for Peace) Read more.
- Pray that the foreign leaders who are working to influence the State of Israel and construct a peace plan for the Middle East will line up with God's plans. Pray for godly protection of Israel and His insight for her leaders.
- "Moreover I will appoint a place for My people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own and move no more; nor shall the sons of wickedness oppress them anymore." (2 Samuel 7:10)
5. ABBAS: WE'RE NOT MAKING ANY CONCESSIONS
Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas, who is often touted by the West as a "moderate peace partner", has once again indicated that he is willing to resume negotiations with Israel - but not give up on even one of his never-ending preconditions. In an interview with the pan-Arab Al-Hayat newspaper which was published on Saturday, Abbas expressed hope that U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, who has been pushing the sides to return to the negotiating table, will make another visit to the region soon.
The negotiations, he stressed, will be a starting point, and "while we may not get everything, we will fight to realize our national aspirations, especially the issue of Al-Quds (the Arab name for Jerusalem), which is an issue on which we will not give up, because if it is not the capital of the State of Palestine, there will be no solution." Abbas rejected the claims that the Palestinian Authority has made any concessions to Kerry. "Show me one concession we made," he said, adding, "When we present the demand for a Palestinian state on 1967 borders, it is not a condition. This issue appears in all the UN documents."
. . . The optimism displayed by Abbas was not reflected on the ground, with a new Israel-PA survey showing most people held little hope the talks would result in a resumption of direct talks after a hiatus of nearly three years. According to a poll jointly conducted by the Harry S. Truman Research Institute for the Advancement of Peace at Jerusalem's Hebrew University and the Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research in Ramallah, just over a quarter of PA Arabs -- 27 percent -- and only one in 10 Israelis, believe that talks will resume and violence will end. Just over two thirds of both peoples -- 68 percent of Israelis and 69 percent of PA Arabs -- view the likelihood of a Palestinian state emerging in the next five years as low or non-existent. (INN) Read more.
- Father, we plead with the Lord God of Israel that nothing John Kerry proposes will be agreed upon by Prime Minister Netanyahu, but that You will hold fast Jerusalem to remain forever the center of the Jewish nation of Israel, that no more land will be given up for peace since history proves this has never been successful. Put Your hands around Israel and the Jewish people and hold them safe from division and harm. In Jesus' Name, amen.
"That you should enter into covenant with the Lord your God, and into His oath, which the Lord your God makes with you this day; That He may establish you today for a people unto Himself, and that He may be unto you a God, as He has said unto you, and as He has sworn unto your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob." (Deut. 29:12-13)
6. NEW CHRISTIAN ARAB PARTY ANNOUNCED IN ISRAEL
Arab Christians from northern Israel who are tired of being lumped in with other Arabs who are antagonistic toward the Jewish state have launched a new political party that aims to make a positive contribution to the Jewish state. Under the banner "Sons of the New Covenant - the Israeli Christian Party," the faction hopes to take part in future Knesset elections. [Note - In Hebrew the name of the party is Brit Hahadashah, the Hebrew translation of New Testament]
In an interview with Israeli daily newspaper Israel Hayom, party founder Bishara Shlayan said that after encountering difficulties in helping his son and nephew join the Israeli army, he and other like-minded Christians established a forum to encourage Christian enlistment in the IDF.
"We saw that we have to establish a political party, so we advertised in local Arab newspapers and the initiative took off [attracting] Christians who recognize that the Land of Israel belongs to the Jews," Shlayan explained to the newspaper.
Shlayan insisted that even if one does not agree with every political decision, "a man belongs to his state. This is integrity. You must be a true citizen...and the first requirement [of a citizen] of Israel, and I support this, is the need to understand that this is the land of the Jewish people." (Israel Today) Read more. [Reported by: Breaking Christian News.]
- Father, we praise the Name of Jesus that You are moving in the hearts of Arabic Christians to lock arms with Israel by supporting Israel to remain the Jewish State and homeland of the Jewish people, who are the descendants of Abraham. Bless them and Israel and they walk together in unity. In Jesus' Name.
- "Arise shine; for Your light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people, but the Lord shall arise upon you, and His glory shall be seen upon you." (Isaiah 60:1-2)
7. IDF FINDS REMAINS OF ROCKET FIRED FROM EGYPT
Israel Defense Forces [IDF] detected the remains of a rocket in an open area north of Eilat Tuesday [July 9] night. According to a preliminary probe, the rocket was most likely fired from Sinai last Thursday.
IThe rocket remnants were found 15 kilometers [9.3 miles] north of Eilat, following a civilian's report.
Eilat residents reported several blasts sounded in the southern city last Thursday. Unlike the previous incident in which blasts sounded in Eilat, no air raid siren was heard, nor were flashes seen in the area.
The Jamaat Ansar Bayt Al-Maqdis group, which operates in the Sinai Peninsula, took responsibility on Friday evening for the alleged launch of two Grad missiles toward Eilat on Thursday. In an internet statement, the group boasted the bangs "frightened Allah's Jewish enemies" and made them run for shelter.
Against the backdrop of Egypt's revolution and the ouster of President Mohamed Morsi, which raised concerns for the already volatile Sinai Peninsula, the group said: "The situation in Egypt, which the Jews' long hand has a part in, will under no circumstances stop the wheels of jihad. With Allah's help, this situation will increase the determination to act for this religion and enforce Allah's Sharia." (Reported by Bridges for Peace) Read more.
- Pray that Egyptians will see that the Lord God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is the only true and living God. Pray that peace will reign in the Sinai and on Israel's southern borders.
- "And the Egyptians shall know that I am the Lord, when I stretch out My hand on Egypt and bring out the children of Israel from among them." (Exodus 7:5)
8. PHOTOS SUGGEST SAUDIS TARGETING ISRAEL, IRAN WITH MISSILES
Satellite images indicate that Saudi Arabia has deployed ballistic missiles that are pointed towards Israel and Iran, the Daily Telegraph reported Wednesday [July 10] evening.According to the report, images analyzed by experts at IHS Jane's Intelligence Review [IHS Jane's] have revealed an undisclosed surface-to-surface missile base deep in the Saudi desert, with capabilities for hitting both countries.The British daily said analysts who examined the photos spotted two launch pads with markings pointing north-west towards Tel Aviv and north-east towards Tehran. They are designed for Saudi Arabia's arsenal of lorry-launched DF 3 missiles, which have a range of 1,500-2,500 miles [2414-4023 km] and can carry a two-ton payload, the experts said. The report said the base, believed to have been built within the last five years, gives an insight into Saudi strategic thinking at a time of heightened tensions in the Gulf.
The newspaper mentioned that while Saudi Arabia does not have formal diplomatic relations with Israel, it has long maintained discreet back channel communications as part of attempts to promote stability in the region. "The two countries also have a mutual enemy in Iran, though, which has long seen Saudi Arabia as a rival power in the Gulf. Experts fear that if Iran obtains a nuclear weapon, Saudi Arabia would seek to follow suit," the report said. According to The Telegraph, analysts at IHS Jane's believe that the kingdom is currently in the process of upgrading its missiles, although even the DF3, which dates back to the 1980s, is itself potentially big enough to carry a nuclear device.
David Butter, an associate fellow with the Middle East and North Africa program at Chatham House, the London-based foreign affairs think-tank, said there was "little surprise" that the Saudis had the missiles in place. "It would seem that they are looking towards some sort of deterrent capability, which is an obvious thing for them to be doing, given that Iran, too, is developing its own ballistic missiles," he said. He added, though, that the Saudis would know that the site would come to the attention of foreign intelligence agencies, and that the missile pad pointed in the direction of Israel could be partly just for "for show." (Ynet News) Read more.
(Reported by Bridges for Peace)
- Pray that those who live in the land of Israel will not live in fear. Pray that the Lord's hand of protection will cover all the Land of Israel.
- "And the Lord appeared to him the same night and said, I am the God of your father Abraham; do not fear, for I am with you. I will bless you and multiply your descendants for My servant Abraham's sake." (Genesis 26:24)
9. PART OF ANCIENT SPHINX FOUND IN NORTHERN ISRAEL
Tel Hazor is an archaeological site located in the Upper Galilee, north of the Kinneret (Sea of Galilee). It is the largest archaeological site in northern Israel and will always be associated with the distinguished archaeologist, the late Professor Yigal Yadin, who undertook [an] important excavation at the site in the mid 1950s, a few years after the foundation of the modern State of Israel. In 2005 Tel Hazor was designated a "UNESCO World Heritage Site." As far back as 18th century BC, Hazor is described as an "important Canaanite city." It is mentioned in the book of Joshua and the book of Judges. .
Documents discovered at Hazor, and at sites in Egypt and Iraq, attest that Hazor maintained cultural and trade relations with both Egypt and Babylon. Artistic artifacts, including those imported to Hazor from near and far, have been unearthed at the site. Hazor is currently one of Israel's national parks. (INN) Read more.
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise to You for this report. The world can now see that this area is indeed a key to the tie between Babylon and Egypt under the ancient Canaanites in the land You gave to Your people. We thank You, Lord, that Biblical archaeology continues to prove that Your Word is true. Amen and amen!
- "The LORD lives! Blessed be my Rock! Let the God of my salvation be exalted. It is God who avenges me, And subdues the peoples under me; He delivers me from my enemies. You also lift me up above those who rise against me; You have delivered me from the violent man. Therefore I will give thanks to You, O LORD, among the Gentiles, and sing praises to Your name. Great deliverance He gives to His king, And shows mercy to His anointed, To David and his descendants forevermore." (Psalm 18:46-50)
Prayers During Ramadan
Prayers During Ramadan
Changing the Destiny of Malawi
For Monday July 15, Ramadan 2013 - Day 07. "Loving Muslims Through Prayer"
In southern Africa, east of Zambia, one of the poorest countries in the world swings between an almost endless cycle of hunger and disease. The country is Malawi, which caught the world's attention when pop star Madonna began the "Raising Malawi" orphan programme.
Despite the influence of Christianity, spiritism, worship of ancestors, belief in "black magic" and secret societies are a major part of any Malawian's daily life. Muslim organisations, with oil money to spend, have found it easy to buy land and win converts in Malawi. Mosques and Islamic centres are being erected all over the country.
- Radio is the chief source of information for many Malawians. State-run MBC is the main national broadcaster. Television was introduced in 1999. Pray for Christian programming.
- Pray for practical projects to open doors. Some medical missions work to bring clean, piped water to people who normally could not afford it. These projects speak volumes.
- Pray for the predominantly Muslim Yao people, that Yao churches of faith and love will open.
Complete article, video, audio, comments is here.
This Week, Worship Our Lord As . . .
This Week, Worship Our Lord As . . .
SON OF DAVID
Thank You Father for the mysteries of Your bloodline. It is a blessing to know the Son of David. May I be worthy to be called Your child; I thank You that it is not through my merit, but only through the Blood of Yeshua. Thank You for this royal inheritance. In Your name, amen.
"Let the name of the Lord be praised, both now and forevermore." (Psalm 113:2)
(Source: THE NAME- HaShem: Daily Devotional Worship by Dr. Barri Cae Mallin)
Available on Amazon.com by going here.
About This Alert
About This Alert
The Israel Report is published weekly by Capitol Hill Prayer Partners.
Permission is granted to distribute this bulletin at will. HOWEVER, WE ASK THAT YOU NOT POST ANY OF OUR PUBLICATIONS ON ANY WEBSITE WITHOUT PERMISSION. Please cite Capitol Hill Prayer Partners as the source for this information. Thank you for praying with us for our leaders and for the nation of Israel.
Editorial opinions that are occasionally cited on the Israel Report reflect the beliefs of the author and are not necessarily our own.