Please note: We will not publish
the Israel Report this weekend.
ALSO: David's Tent is Back! See below . . .
AND, Governor Rick Perry Signs
Texas Pro-Life Bill into Law!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Friday, July 19, 2013
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things." (Phil. 4:8 NIV)
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at email@example.com, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
VISIT OUR BLOG!
CHPP's blog includes archives of past editions of all of our alerts, as well as features on praying for the government, Israel, and other key issues.
Come visit us by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. Congressman: Obama Admin Forced Benghazi Survivors To Sign Non-Disclosure Agreements - Weekly Standard
. . "On Tuesday I raised the question of why none of the Benghazi survivors, whether State Department, CIA, or private security contract employees have testified publicly before Congress," said Wolf. "According to trusted sources that have contacted my office, many if not all of the survivors of the Benghazi attacks along with others at the Department of Defense, the CIA have been asked or directed to sign additional non-disclosure agreements about their involvement in the Benghazi attacks. Some of these new NDAs, as they call them, I have been told were signed as recently as this summer." (Read more)
- Lord, we thank You for bringing this to our attention concerning the cover-up in Benghazi, and our government's attempt to keep the truth from being told, by those who were there. We understand "Non Disclosure Agreements" when it deals with our national security, but this does not appear to be in that category. We ask that You reveal the truth of these happenings, resulting in the unnecessary deaths of our Ambassador and the Navy Seal team members. We ask You to "blow the lid off" these cover-ups, and that the truth will prevail. We also ask that procedures would be put in place, and acted upon, so that this kind of incident will not happen again. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "There is nothing covered up that will not be uncovered, or hidden that will not become known. What you have spoken in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered behind closed doors will be proclaimed on the housetops." (Luke 12:2,3)
2. Benghazi discharge petition announced, Stockman to force action on Benghazi investigation - Press Office of Congressman Steve Stockman
Congressman Steve Stockman (R-TX 36) will seek to force a vote in Congress on creating a select committee to investigate the Obama administration's handling of the Sept. 11, 2012 terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya. Following the cancellation of a House hearing this week on the Benghazi attacks, Rep. Stockman announced his intention to file a discharge petition to force a vote on Rep. Frank Wolf's H. Res. 36, which would establish a Select Committee to investigate the Benghazi attacks.
"Congressman Wolf has fearlessly led the fight for justice on this issue. The whole nation owes Congressman Wolf a deep debt of gratitude. Some House Democrats now appear to be openly interfering with the investigation and intimidating witnesses, which only raises more questions about the White House's involvement," said Stockman. "The only way we're going to get a clean and thorough investigation is by forcing a vote with a discharge petition."
The House Foreign Affairs Committee, of which Rep. Stockman is a member, had originally scheduled a hearing, entitled "Benghazi: Progress on State Department Accountability," for Thursday, July 18 at 10 a.m. According to Rep. Wolf, a Select Committee is the only way to effectively conduct an investigation the attacks. If 218 House members, a majority of the chamber, sign the discharge petition H. Res. 36 would be recalled from committee and considered on the floor. (Jul 17, 2013 Press Release) Read more.
- Father, Who sees in secret all the doings of mankind, we ask that the freedom of truth would come forth regarding this investigation. We ask for favor for Congressmen Wolf and Stockman, as they attempt to circumvent the conspiracy of hiding the truth, and the misdeeds of those accountable for this travesty committed against our Ambassador and Seal team members. We ask that You would be their Advisor, and guide them through the labyrinth of the lies and deceit, and reveal the truth that sets men free. We do ask that the investigation will come to fruition, and reveal that which needs to be revealed. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "Send out Your Light and Your Truth, let them be my Guide; let them lead me to Your holy mountain, to the places where You live." (Psalm 43:3)
3. Detroit emergency manager files largest municipal bankruptcy in US history - AP
Detroit has become the largest city in U.S. history to file for bankruptcy. State-appointed emergency manager Kevyn Orr on Thursday asked a federal judge permission to place the city into Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection.
If approved, the filing would allow Orr to liquidate city assets to satisfy a host of creditors and city pensioners lined up to recoup losses from bad bond investments and unpaid contracts. A number of factors - most notably steep population and tax base falls - have been blamed on Detroit's tumble toward insolvency.(Read more)
- Father, we are saddened to hear of Detroit's bankruptcy. They have gone from the prosperity of the car industry, to a place of violence and poverty. Over the years these changes have been occurring, as gangs and lawlessness, have taken over the society, and driven those with funds to flee to the suburbs and other cities. Now they just have poverty and lawlessness abounding. We know that spiritually they are also bankrupt, having embraced Islam, and all that it involves. We ask that You would enable them to see the cause of their present situation, and, instead, move themselves into a new path that will produce life, and health to the city. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "Only you be strong and very courageous, that you may do according to all the law which Moses, My servant, commanded you. Turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success."
4. Report: After re-election, Obama asked aides how to govern without Congress - Washington Examiner
Politico's Glenn Thrush reports that after President Obama won re-election, he tried to find out ways of pushing his second term agenda without the Republican-led Congress:
"Guys, I don't want politics to be a limit of what you recommend to me," Obama told senior aides David Plouffe, Lew, Dan Pfeiffer and Pete Rouse a couple of weeks after his reelection, according to a White House aide with direct knowledge of the meeting. "Let's come up with an agenda, then let's figure it out from there as best we can," he said, prodding them to adopt a more muscular approach to the use of executive power. "We can't let the driving force of what we pass be Congress." (Read more)
- Father, we are not surprised, but very disappointed, that our President would try to circumvent Congress and our Constitutional mandate of government being a system of "checks and balances", in order to avoid having a dictator in the White House. No one man should be that powerful, as all mankind is fallible, regardless of their position. We pray that You would expose all attempts to push through personal agendas, and return us to a government that is OF the people, FOR the people and BY the people, we pray, Amen.
- "The balance and scales of justice have their origin in Adonai; all the weights in the bag are His doing. It is an abomination for a king to do evil, for the throne is made secure by righteousness. The king should delight in righteous lips, and he should love someone who speaks what is right." (Proverbs 16:11-13)
5. Churches Fear Lawsuits over Gay Weddings - Fox News
Alliance Defending Freedom, a religious liberty legal organization, has already provided churches with sample bylaws that define marriage.
"I think we're in a day where every church needs to have a statement in its bylaws of its doctrinal beliefs on marriage and sexuality," attorney Erik Stanley told Baptist Press. "This is a proactive approach that churches can take to head off any claims of discrimination in the future, should they occur." (Read more)
- Abba, we thank You for this wisdom from "Alliance Defending Freedom", in advising churches to state and define marriage, and what their position is, in order to avoid possible lawsuits by "gay couples", who may wish to challenge those by-laws. We ask that You would give Your wisdom to these churches, as to how to write such a by-law, and state it clearly, to avoid any future litigation. We thank You for bringing this to their attention, and may they act upon it, and bring glory to You alone, Amen.
- "So God created humankind in His own image; in the image of God He created him: male and female He created them."Marriage should be honored by everyone, and husband and wife should keep their marriage pure. God will judge as guilty those who take part in sexual sin." (Genesis 1:27; Hebrews 13:4)
6. Obama Addresses Zimmerman Verdict - Fox News
In surprise appearance in White House briefing room, President Obama talks about challenges young black men face in light of Trayvon Martin case, questions so-called 'Stand-Your-Ground' laws. (To view this surprise press briefing and to read the text of Obama's remarks, please go here.)
- Cast down any remarks made by President Obama today that would serve to fuel the simmering flames of racial hatred and division in our land, asking our Lord to forgive him for he knows not what he does. Ask our Lord to bring healing to Obama from the wounds of his own past, so that the bitter waters in his soul would be made sweet by the Blood of the Lamb. Speak peace, grace, and mercy to America in our time of desperate need. Pray!- "So Moses brought Israel from the Red Sea; then they went out into the Wilderness of Shur. And they went three days in the wilderness and found no water. Now when they came to Marah, they could not drink the waters of Marah, for they were bitter. Therefore the name of it was called Marah. And the people complained against Moses, saying, "What shall we drink?" So he cried out to the Lord, and the Lord showed him a tree ["the Branch"]. When he cast it into the waters, the waters were made sweet." (Exodus 15:22-25)
7. Now Texas Law: Gov. Rick Perry signs Texas Abortion Restriction Bill - Breaking Christian News
(Austin, TX)-Governor Rick Perry has signed into law a pro-life bill that captured the imagination of both sides of the abortion issue and touched off days of tense confrontation in the state capitol. (Read more)
- Offer praise to the LORD for this victory for LIFE in the State of Texas!
- "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord!" (Psalm 150:6)
8. Senate votes 59-40 to confirm McCarthy as EPA administrator - The Hill
The Senate voted 59-40 Thursday to confirm the controversial nomination of Gina McCarthy to lead the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
GOP Sens. Lamar Alexander (Tenn.), Susan Collins (Maine), Bob Corker (Tenn.), Jeff Flake (Ariz.), Kelly Ayotte (N.H.) and John McCain (Ariz.) voted for McCarthy's confirmation, while Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) joined most Republicans in voting against her nomination.
"My fight is not with her, it's with the agency and the president," Manchin said ahead of the vote. "And the fight will continue until the EPA stops its over-regulatory rampage."
McCarthy will formally take the reins at EPA at a time when the Obama administration is stepping up work on controversial greenhouse gas regulations. (Read more)
- Father God, we ask that You would lead, guide and direct Ms.McCarthy in her new position, so that the EPA would not be used as an agency to strangle our people, but to bless us. May Your Hand of mercy rest upon her as she directs the affairs of this critical agency. We ask in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."
9. Senate confirms Tom Perez as secretary of Labor - The Hill
The Senate on Thursday voted 54-46 to confirm Tom Perez as secretary of Labor. It was a party-line vote, with no Republicans supporting Obama's nominee.
Several GOP senators charged that Perez has engaged in "ethically questionable" actions while heading the Civil Rights division of the Department of Justice. (Read more)
- Lift up Mr. Perez in prayer as he prepares to assume his new responsibilities as Secretary of Labor. In today's economic climate, we need one in that position who is truly led of the Lord in every decision he must make while in office. Amen.
- "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
10. The Sign of Warsaw, Poland: Echoes of 1942 Emerging in 2013 - Hebrew Nation News Alert
The EU has issued a new directive forbidding its member states from cooperating or transferring funds with any entities in Judea, Samaria, eastern Jerusalem, and the Golan Heights. In essence, the EU has redrawn the borders of Israel to the 1949 lines, and is commanding its member states to cut off financial support and ties to the very heartland of Israel. This is sending shockwaves throughout the region. Netanyahu has lashed out at the EU, and has stated "we will not accept any foreign dictates about our borders."
- Please don't miss the HN News Analysis, The Sign of Warsaw, Poland: Echoes of 1942 Emerging in 2013. Lord, help us to remain ON WATCH so that these signs of a new holocaust will disappear. We say "NEVER AGAIN! Not on our watch!" Amen!
- "But You, O Yahweh, shall be enthroned forever,
and the remembrance of You be to all generations.
You Yourself shall arise and have compassion on Zion,
for the time to favor her,
The appointed time, has come!
For your servants have been pleased with her stones,
and they favor her dust.
And the nations shall fear the Name of Yahweh,
and all the kings of the earth Your esteem,
For Yahweh shall build up Zion,
He shall appear in His esteem." (Psalm 102: 12-16)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
" It is because of YHWH's covenantal love that we are not destroyed, because His mercies never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23)
1. Israel 'readying peace gestures' to Palestinians - Fox News
The Israeli military is preparing to lift some restrictions on Palestinian movement in advance of possible renewed peace talks, army radio said on Thursday.
2. Wall Street Journal: Netanyahu Has Red Lines, Obama Doesn't - Wall Street Journal / Arutz Sheva
A Wall Street Journal editorial has claimed that Israel has attacked Syria at least four times in 2013.
3. Archeologists dig up King David's palace - Jerusalem Post
A joint excavation led by the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and the Israel Antiquities Authorities discovered two of the largest structures ever uncovered from the Kingdom of Judea, the Israel Antiquities Authorities announced on Thursday.
4. Netanyahu denies agreeing to peace talks based on '67 lines - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu denied on Tuesday an official's remarks that Israel had agreed to resume peace talks based on the borders of a Palestinian state being drawn along lines from before a 1967 Middle East war, and agreed land swaps.
5. Muslims Demonstrate for Morsi on Temple Mount, Call for Destruction of U.S., Europe (VIDEO) - Algemeiner
Upon the Temple Mount, on the first Friday of Ramadan, last week, a demonstration was held in favor of restoring the recently deposed Egyptian President Muhamed Morsi to power.
6. Palestinians will resume talks if US specifies goal is state based on '67 lines - Times of Israel
The PLO leadership decided in principle Thursday to return to peace talks with Israel on condition that the American invitation to such talks specifies that the negotiations will be for the establishment of a Palestinian state based on the pre-1967 lines, a senior Palestinian source told The Times of Israel on Thursday evening.
7. Palestinians: Israel must agree on borders - Times of Israel
A stormy, high-level meeting of senior Palestinian leaders called to discuss US Secretary of State John Kerry's latest peace proposal ended with a decision early Friday to demand guarantees that Israel agree on the general border of a future Palestinian state, officials said.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
1. USCIRF: Incidents of Religious Persecution in Pakistan on the Rise - Daily Times
In the last 18 months, 203 incidents of sectarian violence in Pakistan resulted in 1,800 casualties, including 717 deaths, of which 635 were Shia.
Sectarian and religious violence in Pakistan is on the rise, and between January 2012 and June 2013, the Shia community has been the worst victim of these incidents, disclosed a detailed Fact Sheet issued by US Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) on Thursday.
The fact sheet prepared under the Pakistan Religious Violence Project, an undertaking of the USCIRF, took into account publicly reported attacks against religious communities in Pakistan during the past 18 months.
The report stated that while Shias are more at risk of becoming victims of suicide bombings and targeted shootings, the already poor religious freedom environment for Hindus, Christians, and Ahmadis continued to deteriorate, with a number violent incidents occurring against members of these communities.
"The Shia bore the brunt of attacks from militants and terrorist organisations, with some of the deadliest attacks occurring during holy months and pilgrimages," said the report.
2. Kentucky Schools Threatened with Lawsuits for Refusing to Ban Bible Distribution - Charisma News
Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) has sent 174 school districts in Kentucky a legal letter after the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) threatened them with litigation if any of them refuse to ban Gideon Bible distribution at their schools. The letter corrects the ACLU's arguments that such distribution is unconstitutional.
Also signing the letter are eight Kentucky attorneys who are among the nearly 2,300 ADF allied attorneys worldwide.
"Public schools should encourage, not shut down, the free exchange of ideas," says litigation staff counsel Rory Gray. "That's why the schools frequently allow a wide array of groups to distribute literature of various sorts to students. Singling out the Gideons while allowing other groups to distribute literature would be clearly unconstitutional."
3. CAN Calls on Nigeria to Stop the Killing of Christians in Northern Nigeria - Nigerian Tribune
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Plateau State chapter, has called on the Federal Government to stop the incessant killing of Christians by Boko Haram in the Northern part of the country.
Reverend Julius Oyebola, dropped this hint at the annual memorial lecture in memory of Pastor Bature Adams, in Jos, last weekend.
Pastor Adams, the general overseer of Liberty Bible Church, located on Abubakar Street, Zakalio village, was killed alongside his family members and some church members during a vigil, when members of the Boko Haram sect set the church premises on fire.
Reverend Adeoye urged the Federal Government not to relent in its effort to arrest and prosecute members of this group for peace to reign in Nigeria.
"The Federal Government cannot just keep quiet like that; a whole family was wiped out in an attack during a church service, just as some other members lost their breadwinners to the attack. It can't continue this way; the perpetrators must be brought to book and sanity must be brought back to the society," Adeoye said.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The REAL story on Prop 8
The REAL story on Prop 8
Confused about what is really going on with Proposition 8? You're not alone.
When the U.S. Supreme Court announced its decision in Hollingsworth v. Perry, we fully expected it would do one of two things: either (1) uphold the voters' right to protect traditional marriage, or (2) declare a new constitutional "right" to homosexual marriage.
Either way, it would have given us a clear-cut, definitive answer.
But the Court did not reach either result. Instead, it left us in legal limbo, allowing hostile government officials to capitalize on the resulting confusion, and then lawlessly cease to enforce Proposition 8 throughout California.
Let me try to explain. It is a difficult task, because frankly it doesn't make much sense.
1. First of all, the Supreme Court did not rule against Proposition 8.
2. Second, by finding there was no jurisdiction, the Supreme Court also vacated (erased) the Ninth Circuit's decision declaring Prop 8 unconstitutional.
3. Third, the Governor's attempt to force all 58 of California's County Clerks to disobey the State Constitution is a lawless act.
4. Finally, our new appeal to the California Supreme Court could be our last chance to restore the rule of law.
. . . when our government becomes one of "men" rather than of "law," the fight becomes all the more difficult . . . and all the more important.
Thank you for your continued support.
Very truly yours,
Prop 8 General Counsel
To read all the details on this case, please go here.
News from the CPC Foundation
News from the Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation:
National Religious Liberty Issues
1. Military Chaplains Launching Campaign To Protect Religious Liberty
The Chaplain Alliance for Religious Liberty said it planned to reach out to Christian members of the military in coming months to inform them of their "constitutionally guaranteed religious liberties." The alliance will connect with those soldiers through its 2,400 member chaplains - which represent nearly half of the total number of chaplains in the military. (Read more here.)
2. Despite Public Concern, Administration Goes Full Steam Ahead With HHS Mandate
(CNSNews.com) - As the Obama adminstration delays a key part of the Affordable Care Act -- the requirement that businesses provide affordable insurance to employees -- it is moving aggressively on the requirement that all Americans buy health insurance or else pay a penalty. (Read more here.)
3. ENDA : Growing Republican Support For the Freedom To Work Impacts Religious Liberty
Wednesday, July 10, in a historic first, the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions passed, in bipartisan fashion, the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) in a 15-7 vote. (Read more here.)
4. To Fight Religious Monuments, Atheists Plan Their Own Symbols
Atheists unveiled the nation's first public monument to secularism outside a county courthouse in Florida last week - a 1,500-pound gray granite bench engraved with quotations extolling the separation of church and state. (Read more here)
David's Tent DC is Back!
David's Tent Returns to the Ellipse:
Beginning on September 24th, 2013!!
David's Tent DC 2012 - Documentary -
What He does is worthy of remembrance.
In a loud voice they were saying: "Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!" (Rev. 5:12)
The story of how God made a way, gathered worshipers from around the nation, and then came and met with His people here in the capital city is a testimony worth telling! Jesus was truly with us through the whole process, and that gave us a lot of hope for America! Below is a link for the shorter web version and a link to information on ordering the full length DVD. Please forward, Facebook, tweet and otherwise share the link to the the web version so that it reaches every home in America. Let's disciple a nation!
Check out the shortened version of the Documentary! Don't forget to forward it to friends!
David's Tent DC 2013
- First Love Reloaded
- A Call to Joyful Assembly
- The Hebrews 12:22 Mountain!
We had a miracle moment with David's Tent 2012 when the National Park Service (NPS) invited this 40-day worship volcano onto the White House Ellipse. We were asking for permitting for a local park some distance away -- they suggested the Ellipse location by the White House! Then, at the end of last years David's Tent, one of the Rangers from NPS asked me a question: "Have you considered making this an annual event?" She then went on to counsel me on how to be sure to get the permit for another year!
Last year during David's Tent, a new White House Christmas tree was planted on the ellipse. (The old one had died.) Every year there is a huge White House Christmas tree lighting ceremony and people from all over the nation flock to the Ellipse to see this tree during the weeks following. It's just part of the culture of America and Washington, DC.
In like manner, we believe it is on the heart of the Lord to make David's Tent an annual part of the culture of America. As I've pondered making this an annual event, Paraclete (Holy Spirit) has confirmed to me that David's Tent is about redefining a lifestyle of Presence-Centeredness for America! This isn't about a one-year urgency or desperation for the Lord. It's about a "new normal" being set: "In America, we celebrate Jesus 40 days every fall in our Capital, Washington DC! This is just what we do now! This is who we are as Americans that love Jesus! Our culture is changing!
We are calling America to joyfully gather, with all hope and trust in our hearts, and express to Jesus that our first love is simply Him! Just Praise for 40 days! The oval altar (the Ellipse) by the oval office! Let's vote for Jesus as Lord by enthroning him on our praise 24-7 for 40 days (Psalm 22:3)! Let's redefine the primary purpose for our Capital to be a gathering place for the nation to praise the name of the Lord (Psalm 122:4)! This is a revolution worth dying for! Only for the Lamb! His Presence must be central in our Nation!
Help us raise the tent again! He is still worthy of it all!
We are beckoning the nation's worship leaders to come to DC as a congress of worship. We believe there are to be worship teams that represent - at some point during the 40 days - each of the 50 states! Come as a royal priesthood and minister to the Lord on behalf of your state and on behalf of America!
1. To sign up or to receive information on leading worship from the main stage, scheduled in two-hour time slots, switching on the odd hour, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Night-watch - The night-watch is unplugged and is particularly anointed. There is a city ordinance that disallows amplification from 9pm-7am. But, the worship goes on! We have a good old-fashioned strings-and-hammers piano along with hand drums and acoustic guitars. We figure David didn't have electricity and He still got it done! Due to the uniqueness of acoustic sets and the draw of an intimate time with Jesus during the night-watch we have set up an email address specifically for those jealous to lead worship during the night hour. email@example.com
David's Tent DC
3855 Massachusetts Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20016
Prayers During Ramadan
Shaikh Muslims of India
For Day 11, Friday, July 19
One-third of Shaikh Muslims live in India
There are over 200 million Shaikh Muslims in the world; more than a third of them live in India. Most of the others live in Pakistan and Bangladesh. The Shaikh Muslims form the major portion of the Sunni Muslim population in the Deccan plateau of Central India. Konkani is the official language of the Indian State of Goa, and from what research has shown, Konkani-speaking Shaikh Muslims live primarily along the coastal areas between Mumbai and Goa in western India. Their total population is around 2 million.
. . . Virtually all Shaikh are Sunni Muslims, though their practices may be far from orthodox. As a whole, Islam in India includes strong elements of mysticism. Veneration of local Muslim saints is very common and the extravagant decorations over their graves, where worship, playing devotional music and singing at saints' graves is common, attract even Hindus. A sense of devotion is deeply felt. To a large extent, Sufi teachings have led to universalism - a sense that all religious paths ultimately lead to Allah.
There is no Bible or related literature in the Shaikh version of the Konkani language, though a traditional Konkani language Bible is available. Some Shaikh also speak Urdu or Hindi, and Bibles and the Jesus film are available in those languages.
Pray that God would provide labourers to go among the fishing villages to proclaim Jesus among the Konkani-speaking Shaikh.
Pray for the recent believers, that they may grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ and that they would be bold to share their faith despite harassment.
Pray that the recent believers would be equipped to make new disciples from among their Konkani Shaikh communities.
Pray that the existing traditional believers would welcome these new brothers and sisters in Christ with love and open arms.
(Read more here.)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
US National Anthem by the Academy Choirs
Praise the Lord with us today for this beautiful nation He has given into our hands! Amen!
I am so thankful to report from Central Florida that all is well, and all is quiet. In fact, instead of the mass rioting that the evil among us were hoping for, there is actually a closeness, a gentleness appearing ever stronger here. From the trail system to the grocery store to the neighborhoods, people are greeting one another with genuine well wishes. Thank You, Father! - 'Tricia -- our worship editor!
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
The More I Seek You w/lyrics
The more I seek you,
The more I find you
The more I find you, the more I love you
I wanna sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breathe, feel your heart beat
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming