A Special Song for Your Listening Pleasure: "I Believe"
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Friday, July 26, 2013
"Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around
like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." (1 Peter 5:8)
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at email@example.com, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
VISIT OUR BLOG!
CHPP's blog includes archives of past editions of all of our alerts, as well as features on praying for the government, Israel, and other key issues.
Come visit us by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. Sex, money and lies: 'Culture of Corruption' boomerangs on Democrats as scandals blossom nationwide - Washington Times
The Democratic Party is battling scandals from New York to San Diego and from city hall to Capitol Hill, as the party finds itself on the defensive over embarrassing lapses ranging from sexual misconduct to multiple scandals ensnaring the Obama administration.
- Abba, we are truly living in the last days, as You said that man will call good evil, and evil good. We are grieved to see this "Culture of Corruption" unfold before our eyes, but we stand in agreement with You that truth will prevail. We thank You that You are peeling back the darkness and exposing it to Your light, and we ask You to please continue to do so. We pray for those in our government to put away the deception and any 'underhanded' doings, and embrace light and truth, and come to know You experientially. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who change darkness into light and light into darkness, who change bitter into sweet and sweet into bitter! Woe to those seeing themselves as wise, esteeming themselves as clever, who acquit the guilty for bribes but deny justice to the righteous!" (Isaiah 5:20,21,23)
2. Obama's 'phony' scandals line draws GOP retort - Washington Times
With his job-approval numbers plummeting, President Obama is trying to reclaim the advantage in Washington by convincing the public that congressional Republicans are obsessed with "phony" scandals such as Benghazi and the Internal Revenue Service at the expense of economic progress.
- Father, we ask that those who wish to cover up their works of darkness, will be unable to do so, as You shine Your light of truth into those dark corners, and they become exposed. We ask that there be no "false flags", trying to divert attention away from the truth, wanting men to believe the lies. We thank You that the truth sets men free! Amen.
- "He who speaks truth declares righteousness, But a false witness, deceit. There is one who speaks like the piercings of a sword, But the tongue of the wise promotes health." (Proverbs 12:17,18)
3. Hatch to Newsmax: White House Like 'Despots' With Holder Move on Civil Rights - Newsmax
Eric Holder's plan to ask a federal court to reinstate the Justice Department's authority over voting laws in Texas smacks of despotism by the Obama White House, Sen. Orrin Hatch tells Newsmax TV in an exclusive interview. "The court has already ruled - and he's trying to reinstitute the Voting Rights Act in Texas," the Utah Republican tells Newsmax. "If I were a Texan, I'd be so doggone livid that I don't think I'd ever get over it. That's not the thing to do, and it just shows how this administration ignores the law.
- Father, we thank You for the courage of the citizens and Governor of Texas, who have voted to limit abortions after 20 weeks, and, seemingly have incurred the wrath of our administration, wanting revenge. We thank You that the Supreme Court has ruled in favor of Texas laws concerning voting; and we admire Senator Hatch for his boldness in declaring the administration's desire to circumvent the law, to 'punish' Texas. We ask, Lord, that the nation will take note of the "strong arm" bullying tactics of Eric Holder and our government, and that the administration's efforts to change that law will be stopped. We do not want a dictatorship in this nation, and we call upon You to frustrate their desire to do so. In Your Awesome Name we pray, Amen.
- "Just so, you also outwardly seem to people to be just and upright, but inside you are full of pretense and lawlessness and iniquity." (Matthew 23:28)
4. Feds tell Web firms to turn over user account passwords - C-net
The U.S. government has demanded that major Internet companies divulge users' stored passwords, according to two industry sources familiar with these orders, which represent an escalation in surveillance techniques that has not previously been disclosed.
- Abba, we are concerned that our Constitutional rights are being trampled by the NSA, as they are being instructed to violate our privacy in the name of "national security". We know that the vast majority of citizens being scrutinized, are innocent of any desire to harm our nation, and so, this "harassment" seems unnecessary in most cases. We ask for wisdom to come forth, so that only those who wish to subvert our nation, would be scrutinized in this way. We ask that this tactic will be exposed to all our citizenry, and that there would be a "groundswell" of opposition to the targeting of innocent people. We ask, that this would cause Congress to readdress the recent vote to allow the NSA such blatant powers, and that they will "rein in" this uncontrolled intrusion into the lives of innocent people. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow His precepts have good understanding. To Him belongs eternal praise." (Psalm 111:10)
5. Report: Two Americans Enrolled in Food Stamps For Every Job Obama 'Created' - Breitbart
The White House has been touting the success of its economic agenda recently, claiming to have created 7.2 million jobs. But a look at the growing rolls of the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) shows that for every job the administration says it created, two Americans have been added to the food stamp rolls.
- Lord, we are really sorry to hear this news. We pray that it will become widely known and acknowledged, so that it can be changed. We do not yet understand the cause of these numbers of jobs vs food stamps, but we ask You to reveal the relevance to those in our government who can correct the situation. It seems that the battle to get the economy back on track is not going well, and those who make these economic decisions need to know why, as do the rest of us. We ask, in this situation, that "cause and effect" will become known, so that the appropriate changes can be made to improve the economy. In Your Name, we pray, Amen.
- " There is a way which seems right to a man and appears straight before him, but at the end of it is the way of death." (Proverbs 14:12)
6. President Obama: Republicans Opposing Debt Limit Increase Are 'Deadbeat' - ABC News
Setting the stage for the looming debt debate, President Obama today accused his Republican opponents of being "deadbeat" for refusing to raise the nation's debt limit this fall without cuts in spending.
- Lord, are we missing something here? With the economy ailing, why would we want to raise the debt limit, increasing our indebtedness? We ask that Your godly wisdom will be given to our President, and that You would cause him to understand the basic law of "cause and effect". When we run out of money, we stop spending . . . because we cannot spend what we don't have; and therefore have to "prioritize"; not print more money, which then becomes worthless. We ask that his Advisors would have wisdom and Your courageous boldness to point out these facts. We pray that this government would learn to live within its means, just like we, the citizenry, must do. Thank You for Your wonderful wisdom and understanding, Amen.
- "He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much. Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon (earthly money), who will commit to your trust the 'true riches'? And, if you have not been faithful in what is another man's, who will give you what is your own?" (Luke 16:11,12)
7. Army Giving Up Stopping Power for 'Green' Bullets - Breitbart
The Army is switching from lead bullets in many small caliber arms to "environmentally friendly" rounds in 2014, even through the lead bullets are tried and true while the stopping power of the "green" bullets is already being questioned.
- Abba, we do come to You again, on behalf of our military, and those who make these decisions regarding weaponry and its effectiveness. We would ask that no changes be made in these bullets, until all avenues are explored, including the long-term effects of the "green bullets". Yes, we want to save our resources, but our military is one of our greatest resources, and we want to save and protect them. At the same time, we want our dealings with our enemies to also be effective in stopping their advancement against us. We thank You for Your wisdom in dealing with this situation, in Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "It is I Who created the craftsman, who blows on the coals and forges weapons suited to their purpose." (Isaiah 54:15)
8. NETANYAHU SET TO GIVE UP 86% OF WEST BANK, SAYS DEPUTY ISRAELI FOREIGN MINISTER. - Joel C. Rosenberg
PEACE TALKS MAY BEGIN NEXT WEEK
Is Prime Minister Netanyahu preparing to give away 86% of the West Bank to create a sovereign Palestinian state? That's what Israel's Deputy Foreign Minister says.
Israel's Intelligence Minister is also telling the media that Netanyahu is willing to make "serious territorial concessions."
Peace talks are set to begin here in Washington next week, possibly as early as Tuesday. Full details and links to major stories are on the blog.
- Begin to pray NOW over the peace talks that will take place here in Washington next week. Let's get ahead of the curve; Abba knows what He has in store for Israel and for the Middle East in this next round of negotiations. Pray in the Spirit; and rejoice always in our King of Kings.
- "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
'Thus says the Lord God, "When I gather the house of Israel from the peoples among whom they are scattered, and will manifest My holiness in them in the sight of the nations, then they will live in their land which I gave to My servant Jacob. They will live in it securely; and they will build houses, plant vineyards and live securely when I execute judgments upon all who scorn them round about them. Then they will know that I am the Lord their God."
1. Israel willing to make 'serious territorial concessions' to secure Middle East peace - UK Telegraph
Yuval Steinitz, the intelligence and strategic affairs minister, told The Daily Telegraph that a "demilitarised" Palestinian state was the "only possible solution" to the conflict.
2. PM reportedly agreed to limit settlement building during talks - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reportedly committed to cap settlement building during peace talks with the Palestinians to 1,000 homes within existing settlement blocs.
3. Israel, Palestinians to launch talks Tuesday - Ynet News
Senior state officials confirmed Thursday morning that after three years of nearly total disconnect, peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians will be renewed next week in Washington.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"Preserve me, O God, for I take refuge in You." (Psalm 16:1)
1. Catholic Nurse in Pakistan Faces Persecution after Rejecting Marriage Proposal from Muslim Man- Asia News
Pakistan's small Catholic community has been shaken again by another case of violence. An influential Muslim businessman in the district of Sanghar has repeatedly threatened a Catholic nurse who has refused to marry him, filing a case against her when she became engaged to another man. Despite the threats, the situation seems under control for now. Police, which so far aided and abetted the Muslim man, has been forced to provide protection to the Catholic woman thanks to pressure from Christian groups and moderate Muslims.
2. Christian Pastor Wrongly Imprisoned in Kazakhstan Goes on Hunger Strike - Radio Free Europe
A jailed Christian pastor in Kazakhstan accused of using mind-altering drinks to pry donations from a member of his congregation has gone on a hunger strike to protest his treatment by authorities.
Bakhtzhan Kashkumbaev announced in a letter on July 18 that he was launching a hunger strike. The action came amid reports that authorities were planning to transfer him to a psychiatric facility to undergo a compulsory mental-health examination.
The pastor says the examination is aimed at locking him up in a psychiatric hospital.
The 67-year-old Kashkumbaev was arrested in May on charges of "intentionally inflicting serious harm" on the health of a member of his Blagodat Baptist church two years ago. If found guilty, he could face up to seven years in prison.
Kazakhstan has Central Asia's largest population of evangelical Christian Baptists, estimated at more than 10,000. Kashkumbaev, an ethnic Kazakh and Christian convert, has been a pastor at the church in Astana since 1995.
According to Kashkumbaev's arrest order, he is accused of exerting "psychological influence" on church member Lyazzat Almenova through the use of mind-altering drinks, sermons, and prayers in order to compel her to donate money to the church.
Kazakh media have reported that testing revealed that the mind-altering drink in question turned out to be red tea purchased from local suppliers.
3. Bill Passes in India Jailing Converts, Clergy for Failure to Give Prior Notice of Conversion - Morning Star News
India's Madhya Pradesh state has passed legislation that would send those who convert and their religious leaders to prison for failing to obtain permission from authorities at least one month prior to conversion.
The bill requires the governor's signature before becoming law. Existing law in Madhya Pradesh requires those who convert to notify government officials after conversion; the new legislation not only requires prior permission but also obligates religious leaders to report the conversions, and it increases prison terms from one to three years for clergy and converts who fail to do so.
Under the bill in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-ruled state, religious leaders must fill out an application form giving details of the venue and date of conversion ceremonies and provide a list of names and addresses of those seeking conversion. This application has to be submitted at the district magistrate's office a month before conversion.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
Prayers During Ramadan
The frustrating path of women's education
For Saturday July 27, Ramadan 2013 - Day 19.
"Loving Muslims Through Prayer"
In September 2006, UNESCO recorded startling statistics in their study of adult literacy rates and illiterate population by country/ gender (1). In Egypt, only 59.4 per cent of women were considered literate, with numbers getting lower and lower as one reads down the list of Middle-Eastern countries: Morocco, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Yemen. UNESCO reported that in some places, the gap between literate males and females was as high as 90 per cent.
- Pray for efforts to build schools for girls in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Pray for protection for girls attending school in locations where they can be harassed or threatened for doing so.
- Pray for those who advocate on behalf of women's education in Muslim nations, for protection, courage and opportunities to promote their cause.
Complete article, video, audio, comments is here.
Time to DEFUND "Obamacare!"
IT IS TIME TO DEFUND OBAMACARE!
FOUR ARTICLES OF INTEREST . . .
Saints of God:
The House and the Senate will go on recess at the end of next week, for the summer District Work Period. They return the day after Labor Day . . . When they go back to DC in September, they will engage in the always-contentious funding of the government for the next year. What you will read below is probably the last chance to do away with Obamacare. If you agree with that effort, it is imperative that pressure be put on Republicans to stand firm against the bill no matter what is threatened. It is also imperative that Democrats take the opportunity to redeem themselves. So please pray, contact your Representatives and Senators and let others know so they can do the same. The below information needs to go viral so a grass-roots effort will take place. After all, we don't need Civil War; we just need we the people to stand up.
1. Sen. Mike Lee: 'The House Must Refuse to Fund Obamacare'
BREAKING! Senator Mike Lee is sponsoring a petition to DEFUND Obamacare. Please go here if you agree that this bill must not be funded in the next budget for 2014.
(CNSNews.com) - Sen. Mike Lee (R.-Utah) is calling for the House Republican leadership to force a showdown with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and President Barack Obama when this fiscal year ends on Sept. 30 by refusing to permit funding for the implementation of Obamacare in whatever legislation-likely a continuing resolution-authorizes funding of the government after that date.
In an interview with CNSNews.com about his new e-book (Why John Roberts Was Wrong About Healthcare), Lee said Obama was violating his constitutional obligation to faithfully execute the law by suspending the statutory Dec. 31, 2013 deadline for the Obamacare mandate that requires large employers to provide health insurance for their workers. Lee noted that Obama is not similarly suspending the same Dec. 31 deadline that requires individuals to buy health insurance.
"The remedy is for Congress to refuse to fund the implementation of the program that the president insists is not ready to be implemented," said Lee. "Look, the American people are being told: You've got to comply even though the big corporations don't have to. You've got to do this or you'll be punished. But if [the big corporations] don't do what they are supposed to do under the law, nothing will happen to them." "So, Congress has not only the authority but a solemn obligation in this circumstance to say if the law's not ready to be implemented and enforced, as it was written, the American people shouldn't be paying to have it implemented and enforced--not at all," said Lee.
"It would be irresponsible at this point for Congress to pass any appropriations measure and any continuing resolution that would contain funding for the ongoing, further enforcement and implementation of Obamacare as long as these conditions remain in place," he said.
Lee said that House Speaker John Boehner and other House Republican leaders should join with Republicans in the Senate in blocking any funding after Sept. 30 for implementation of Obamacare. "I'm drafting an amendment for the Senate to attach to any continuing resolution here," said Lee. "Republicans in the Senate and Republicans in the House need to stand on this issue, need to refuse to budge, because we will be complicit in Obamacare, we will be responsible for what happens to the country with Obamacare as the government selectively enforces this law, as the administration has now re-written it, if we provide funding for the administration to do that."
Article 1, Section 9, Clause 7 of the Constitution says: "No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law." A law cannot be enacted unless it is approved by the House. The current law authorizing the administration to spend money expires on Sept. 30.
"I want to make very clear: There's no need to shut down the government here," said Lee. "I don't want a government shutdown, and I don't think we have to have one."
"It would be most unfortunate if they refused to keep the rest of the government functioning, just because they are so insistent on the Obama administration having all the funds it wants to be able to selectively enforce this provision," he said.
"No American who is concerned about individual liberty, no American who is concerned about all the horrible things that Obamacare is going to do to our economy would ever want that taint [of having funded Obamacare even after the administration announced it was not going to enforce its health-insurance mandate equally on individuals and businesses]," said Lee. "No one would want to be complicit in that, and that is exactly why the House must refuse to fund ObamaCare." "This is the moment," Lee said. "This is the moment when Americans stand together and say: We don't want this." (Read more.)
2. Open Mike: Lee Sounds off on ObamaCare
After a nudge from President Obama, Hollywoodis learning its lines -- on ObamaCare. Desperate to get more Americans on board with its increasingly unpopular law, the White House is meeting with celebrities about a new script on health care before the state insurance exchanges kick off on October 1. According to CNN, senior advisors have already met with Amy Poehler, Jennifer Hudson, Oprah Winfrey, Jon Bon Jovi, Alicia Keys, Will Farrell, and others who "expressed an interest in helping to educate the public about the benefits of the new health law."
For HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, the PR effort for ObamaCare has already been a major production. As The Hill explained last month, the agency was already trying to score points for the law through partnerships with the NBA and NFL. So far, neither of the deals -- which would openly politicize two of America's biggest sports leagues -- is final.
Fortunately for voters, House and Senate conservatives are putting together their own team to block the law so many Americans despise. Banking on the President's plummeting approval ratings (41%) and the outcry over ObamaCare's early effects, Republican Senator Mike Lee (R-Utah) is leading the charge to starve the bill in the next budget resolution. "This is the last stop before ObamaCare fully kicks in on January 1 of next year for us to refuse to fund it," Lee said on "Fox and Friends." "Congress, of course, has to pass a law to continue funding government. Lately we've been doing that through a funding mechanism called a continuing resolution [or CR]. If Republicans in both houses simply refuse to vote for any continuing resolution that contains future funding for further enforcement of ObamaCare, we can stop it. We can stop the individual mandate from going into effect."
Plenty of his colleagues agree. Already, Lee has two of the top three ranking Senate Republicans on board, including Whip John Cornyn (Texas) and Senator John Thune (S.D.). Another big-name conservative, Senator Marco Rubio (Fla.) refused to give a single penny to the President's health care money pit. "I will not vote for a continuing resolution unless it defunds ObamaCare," he told a crowd two weeks ago. "You want to delay implementation? Don't fund it." With so many Senators willing to go "all in" on the proposal, Senator Lee is confident he could find the votes to keep a filibuster going. While we applaud the bill, the Senate must also take action to protect conscience rights -- which this proposal does not do.
In the House, the drumbeat to kill ObamaCare is nothing new. Last week, the chamber took its 39th vote to repeal all or part of the health care law since Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) gaveled in his majority. Now conservatives are asking House leaders to put it all on the line and use the power of the purse to suffocate ObamaCare before it takes effect. Sixty-four Republicans, prompted by FRC's good friend Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), signed a letter urging Speaker Boehner not to bring any legislation to the floor that funds ObamaCare.
"More and more Americans are feeling [ObamaCare's] impact," they write, "from job losses and part-time downgrades, to insurance policy changes and violations of religious liberties, to state budget strains caused by Medicaid expansions. . . . Since much of the implementation of ObamaCare is a function of the discretionary appropriations process . . . and since most of the citizens we represent believe ObamaCare should never go into effect, we urge you to affirmatively defund the implementation and enforcement of ObamaCare in any relevant appropriations bill brought to the House floor."
With news that the law will cost almost triple what the President promised, conservatives are right to demand a "redress of every grievance," as Congressman Meadows puts it. "I've got a little over 1,200 days left in office," President Obama reminded people yesterday. If conservatives can stand their ground, ObamaCare could be gone before he is! (Family Research Council)
3. IRS agents beg out of Obamacare
Even though they'll be charged with enforcing its mandates, employees of the Internal Revenue Service are petitioning Congress to be exempted from Obamacare. The National Treasury Employees Union, which represents employees of the IRS and several other federal agencies, is asking its members to sign letters to Congress objecting to H.R. 1780, a new bill proposed by Rep. Dave Camp, R-Mich., which would compel federal employees, including the president, Congress and IRS, to participate in the health plans and health insurance exchanges created by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare.
"I am very concerned about legislation that has been introduced by Congressman Dave Camp to push federal employees out of the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) and into the insurance exchanges established under the Affordable Care Act," the form letters state. "The primary purpose of the Affordable Care Act was to provide a marketplace for the sale and purchase of health insurance for those who do not have such coverage - not to take coverage away from employees who already receive it through their employers." (WND) Read more
4. GOP increases fight as Obamacare costs grow
Republicans are stepping up their opposition against the president's costly healthcare overhaul, and it could leave Congress with a tough decision in just a matter of weeks: de-fund Obamacare or shut down the government. Meanwhile, the price tag for the president's healthcare overhaul is getting bigger. "The cost of Obamacare is now three times what they originally expected it to be and getting higher every day," Kereakos Zuras, a former adviser to President George W. Bush, said.
Twelve senators and 66 congressmen have signed letters to their leaders, declaring they will not support a new government funding bill in September if it includes funds for the healthcare law.
This comes as the White House delays the implementation for some of the reforms and launches a new healthcare advertising campaign.
The new ads target an audience that's tough to reach: the working poor, young people, and those who gave up their insurance because of the cost. The price tag for this push is nearly $700 million. (Christian Coalition of America) Read more.
- Ask our Lord to send forth a withering spirit to dry up any and all funding for every aspect of the Affordable Health Care Act both next year and in all years to come. Offer a chorus of praise that many are now awakening to the disastrous effects of this law should it be implemented next year. Praise our God . . . He is always on time!
- "No sooner are they planted, no sooner are they sown, no sooner do they take root in the ground, than he blows on them and they wither, and a whirlwind sweeps them away like chaff." (Isaiah 40:24)
> > > Please note: The Christian Coalition is sponsoring a petition demanding the repeal of the Affordable Health Care Act (i.e., "Obamacare"). You can sign this petition by going here.
Religious freedom - a secondary right?
Religious freedom - a secondary right?
By Congressman J. Randy Forbes
The First Amendment is a promise that we are free to live holistically, according to the dictates of our conscience. Last month, however, the First Amendment was subjected to assaults seeking to force the fully free exercise of faith into the most private of places: our homes and houses of worship.
The intent is simple and fatal: redefine the meaning of religious freedom, making it a secondary right when exercised in the public square or marketplace.
If religious freedom becomes a secondary right, how will it affect you and your family? What challenges would you face if pressured to choose between your religious convictions and your job, business or livelihood?
. . . Under the new health care law you will be forced to pay significant fines if your insurance coverage does not include contraceptive and abortive services. Such services, which violate your religious belief that all life is precious, have never been covered under your company insurance plan. You request an exemption but are told your religious beliefs are irrelevant because you are making a profit. You will be fined less money if you offer no insurance, but ceasing coverage would harm your employees. What do you do?
These scenarios are based on real cases happening across the country -- a country where people originally came to escape religious persecution. They demonstrate a trend toward a dangerous redefinition of "freedom of religion" to mean simply "freedom of worship."
The forced compartmentalization of faith fundamentally conflicts with the protection of religious freedom. Our First Amendment freedoms are deemed subordinate, when in fact our Founding Fathers revered religious freedom by giving it the highest form of protection under law. Thomas Jefferson emphasized the value of freedom of conscience when he stated that "no provision in our Constitution ought to be dearer to man than that which protects the rights of conscience against the enterprises of the civil authority."
Freedom of religion is more than freedom of worship. Freedom of religion is the freedom to live every aspect of our lives according to our faith. When individuals are faced with choosing between exercising their faith or defending a lawsuit or paying a fine, they are being deprived of a guaranteed constitutional right.
(To read this article in its entirety, go here.)
The Good News Corner (1)
The Good News Corner (1)
Planned Parenthood Settles in Fraud Case
The Texas Attorney General's office announced Wednesday that the nation's largest abortion seller must pay $1.4 million for overbilling the state's Medicaid program.
Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast submitted "repeated false, fraudulent, and ineligible claims for Medicaid reimbursements" through the Texas Women's Health Program, according to a federal lawsuit made public last week.
"No matter where a person stands on abortion, everyone should agree that Planned Parenthood has to play by the same rules as everyone else," said Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) Senior Counsel Michael J. Norton. "It certainly isn't entitled to a penny of public funds, especially if it is committing Medicaid fraud. (CitizenLink) Read more.
Federal Pro-Life Measure Moves Forward
The U.S. House Appropriations Committee approved the legislation Wednesday. A House vote has not been scheduled.
"(These measures are) critical to protecting the conscience rights of pro-life taxpayers and also advance a pro-life human rights agenda," said Mallory Quigley, communications director for Susan B. Anthony List.
The bill contains two pro-life choices, which are not currently in law:
- The Mexico City Policy draws a distinct separation between abortion and family planning. It only funds foreign nongovernmental organizations that do not promote of perform abortions. The policy was in effect under presidents George W. Bush, George W.H. Bush and Ronald Reagan. President Obama rescinded it.
- De-funding the United Nations Populations Fund (UNFPA). The organization has a history of working with the Chinese Population Control Program.
"Under President Obama, we have sent nearly 200 million U.S. taxpayer dollars per year to the UNFPA, which is linked to China's coercive One-Child policy," Quigley told CitizenLink. "This makes us complicit in the deaths of unborn children and the brutalization of women and even sabotages the efforts of human rights activists fighting to end this horrible policy. Women in China and around the world deserve better from us." (CitizenLink) Read more.
The Good News Corner (2)
The Good News Corner:
The Voice Finalist: Why She Sings for God
Former contestant from NBC's The Voice shares how faith keeps her strong in challenging times.
To view this video, go here.
(Source: CBN News)
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
HE NEVER SLEEPS (With Lyrics)
When you've prayed every prayer that you know how to pray
Just remember the Lord will hear and the answer in on it's way
Our God is able
He is mighty
He is faithful
And He never sleeps He never slumbers
He never tires of hearing our prayer
Just remember the Lord will hear and the answer in on it's way
Our God is able
He is mighty
He is faithful
And He never sleeps He never slumbers
He never tires of hearing our prayer