Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Wednesday, April 3, 2013
"By His stripes, we are healed." (Isaiah 53:5)
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
Today's Daily Jot can be found by going to: www.dailyjot.com or by using
The Daily Brief
1. SYRIAN REBELS SAID CLOSE TO CHEMICAL WEAPONS CACHE - Times of Israel
Syrian opposition forces on Monday night reportedly captured the northern city of Al-Safira, which is close to many ammunition factories and what is believed to be the regime's largest cache of chemical weapons.
- Heavenly father, this is extremely dangerous news for all involved - of the Syrian people, and for the nations around them. Lord, if these rebels who have so much rage and hatred gain chemical weapons, then some nation will have to rise up and stop them from destroying all those around them. It most likely will be Your nation, Israel. We ask You to be in the midst of all of this, along with Your warrior angels. Direct the Israeli leaders as to when, where, and how to stop the use of chemical weapons. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- To do evil is like sport to a fool, but a man of understanding has wisdom. (Proverbs 10:23)
2. UN NUKE CHIEF FEARS IRAN SECRETLY WORKING ON A BOMB - Times of Israel
The UN's top nuclear official expressed concern Tuesday that Iran may be secretly continuing work on nuclear weapons while his agency is tied up in protracted negotiations with the country on restarting an investigation into past suspected research and development of such arms.
- Abba Father, we are so thankful that this UN Official admits that Iran cannot be trusted, and is most likely developing a nuclear weapon. Lord, other nations need to address this threat before it is too late. Direct us how to pray, Father, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death. (Proverbs 14:12)
3. NORTH KOREA BLOCKS ENTRY TO KAESONG INDUSTRIAL ZONE - TheTelegraph
At 8.30am when hundreds of South Koreans were queuing up for the six mile journey into the North to start work at the Kaesong Industrial Park, permission for their entry was first delayed and then denied. It was the first time since 2009, when North Korea also declared "a state of war" in the wake of a nuclear test, that workers have been turned away from Kaesong.
- Lord, North Korea's leaders have blocked from entering Kaesong Industrial Park the workers for the new work shift who come from South Korea. They cannot enter the area and the former shift workers - most of them - have not been allowed to leave. This worksite has generally functioned despite tensions between the 2 nations. Now it appears that these South Korean workers are endangered by whatever is being acted out by North Korea's leader. Lord, we plead mercy from You over this; that this blockage by the North will not accelerate into war or some form of violence. We pray the workers will be allowed to leave without harm. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil. (Isaiah 5:20a)
4. U.S. ON ALERT FOR NUCLEAR BLAST OVERHEAD- WND
U.S. officials quietly are expressing concern that North Korea could use its "space launch vehicle" to explode a high-altitude nuclear device over the United States, creating an electromagnetic pulse that would destroy major portions of the U.S. electrical grid system as well as the nation's critical infrastructures. The concern is so great that U.S. officials who watch North Korea closely are continually monitoring the status of the North Korean "space launch vehicle," whose status could suggest a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the United States.
- Have mercy on us, Lord! Protect us from an EMP attack by this rogue nation! May our leaders be on high alert to intercept any attempt made against us for that purpose. Awaken them Lord and keep them alert, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; and in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, until these calamities have passed by. (Psalm 57:1)
5. OBAMA CALLS ON CONGRESS TO SPEND $100M NEXT YEAR TO MAP BRAIN- CBS
President Barack Obama on Tuesday proposed an effort to map the brain's activity in unprecedented detail, as a step toward finding better ways to treat such conditions as Alzheimer's, autism, stroke and traumatic brain injuries.
- Abba Father, may the purpose of this research be as stated, to fight against these disabling medical conditions. We bind and rebuke in the Name of Jesus, any schemes by anyone involved, whether scientists, doctors or governmental staff, to use the knowledge gained to harm people deliberately and/or to use it as a format for controlling people's minds and actions. We plead Lord, that You will rise up and have mercy on us Lord, if these findings are used for evil. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light. (Mark 4:22)
6. BREAKING: 'CLEAR DANGER': US Builds Up Defenses in Face of Korean Threats - Fox News
N. Korea Warns Military Cleared to Wage Nuclear Attack Against US
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Wednesday that North Korea's rising threats pose a "real and clear danger," as the Pentagon continued to take precautions with a plan to deploy a missile-defense system to Guam.
At the same time, North Korea seemed to ramp up its rhetoric even further Wednesday, warning that it's military had been cleared to attack the U.S. with "smaller, lighter and diversified nuclear" weapons. The National Security Council responded by saying such "unhelpful and unconstructive threats ... only serve to further isolate North Korea." (Read more)
- The Lord often will warn His people of imminent danger through dreams and visions. Our office continues to receive numerous reports of such "visitations in the night" from our Lord -- too many by now to ignore. Lord, please send your angels to turn the heads of those who need to know about this and to see what is hidden in plain sight and deal with it according to your strategy. God have mercy!!!
- "Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets." (Amos 3:7)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Be still, and know that I am God! I will be praised among the nations. I will be praised in the land. YHWH of Hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah." (Psalm 46: 10,11)
1. Worst sandstorm in four years engulfs Israel as heavy air pollution recorded across country - Ha'aretz
Heavy haze from sandstorms in the Negev area engulfed most parts of Israel on Monday, limiting visibility to approximately a kilometer. Conditions improved on Monday evening. The Environment Ministry issued a statement warning of high levels of air pollution.
2. Ya'alon: We'll prevent arms from reaching terrorists - Jerusalem Post
Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon toured the Golan Heights on Tuesday afternoon, and vowed that Israel would prevent the proliferation of weapons "that could threaten us in the future" to radical elements in Syria.
3. Israel hits Syrian outpost in response to cross-border fire - Times of Israel
Israeli troops fired tank shells at a Syrian army post Tuesday night after Syrian fighting spilled over into Israel in two separate incidents.
4. Israeli planes strike Gaza for first time since Pillar of Defense - Times of Israel
Israeli planes carried out bombing sorties over the Gaza Strip late Tuesday night, responding to rocket attacks out of the Palestinian enclave earlier in the day.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens."
( 2 Corinthians 5:1) )
1. 40% of Pakistan's Youth Supports Islamic Sharia, Survey Says - hindustantimes
Ahead of crucial elections marking the first democratic transition in Pakistan's history, more than 90% of the youth believe the country is heading in the wrong direction while nearly 40 per cent think Shariah or Islamic law would be the best political system, a survey said. These are among the key findings of a new survey by the British Council that focussed on youths between 18 and 29 years, who are expected to play an important role in the May 11 general election.
2. Christians Leaders Call for Peace in Tanzania - allAfrica
The Archbishop of Dar es Salaam, Cardinal Polycarp Pengo, has called on religious leaders and the government to work together to ensure peaceful co-existence between Christians and Muslims in the country.
According to Vatican Radio, the call follows attacks in the past weeks by Islamic fundamentalists against Christians on the island of Zanzibar in which a Catholic priest was seriously wounded and another one killed.
3. Nigerian Christians Killed in Religiously Linked Violence - BosNewsLife
Nigerian Christians appealed for prayers Tuesday, April 2, after Easter season violence in troubled central Nigeria left as many as 80 people dead and displaced some 4,500 others.
At least 19 people were killed since Easter Sunday when gunmen believed to be nomadic Muslim cattle herders attacked the mostly Christian Atakar group in Kaura district, a remote area of Kaduna state, officials said.
Witnesses said the attacks on three communities, including the Mafang and Zilang villages, killed many women and children. Kaduna police spokesman Aminu Lawan told reporters his forces were still investigating.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
A Rodeo Cowboy's Fight to Survive
As you watch this amazing video be especially alert to what prayer looks like in the spirit realm . . . this man died and he saw the prayers that people were praying for him go up to heaven. Also, pay attention to what happens when multiply people pray.
Out of the mouth of two or more witnesses everything is confirmed!
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
The More I Seek You
The more I seek you,
The more I find you
The more I find you, the more I love you
I wanna sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breathe, feel your heart beat
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming