Today we join in prayer with all of you on behalf of the victims of the Boston bombings. May they be comforted, healed and restored . . . in His time, and in His Name, amen.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Tuesday, April 16, 2013
"The LORD will protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul." (Psalm 121:7)
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
Today's Daily Jot can be found by going to: www.dailyjot.com or by using
The Daily Brief
1. 3 Dead, At Least 183 Hurt In Explosions At Boston Marathon Finish Line
- CBS Boston
Three people are dead and more than 130 injured after two bombs went off near the Boston Marathon finish line Monday afternoon. WBZ-TV has confirmed an 8-year-old boy is among the dead.
- Lord, we pray for all those affected by this attack. We join with all those praying for Boston and the New England area that a great work would be done by You through this. Let the Comforter come and be with them. We pray that Your church will arise to minister to those needing help and lead them to the sanctuary of the Lord. Let it be a further wake up call to Boston, New England, and the country. And, Lord, may whoever is responsible for this be revealed and justice be done. Pour out Your Spirit in that Northeastern area. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- "When I thought how to understand this, it was too painful for me--until I went into the sanctuary of God; then I understood their end." (Psalm 73:16-17)
2. Obama: We don't know who was behind 'heinous, cowardly attack'
- The Hill; NY Post
President Obama today labeled the attacks "an act of terrorism" and praised Americans who "refuse to be terrorized." "This was a heinous and cowardly act," Obama told the nation this morning, less than 24 hours since two bombs ripped apart Boston streets. "The FBI is investigating it as an act of terrorism," Obama said in remarks from the White House press room. "Any time bombs are used, it is a terrorist act. "What we don't yet know, however, is who carried out this attack or why, whether it was planned and executed by a terrorist organization, foreign or domestic, or was the act of a malevolent individual," Obama said.
- Yesterday, too, the president said he would be praying for the victims of this tragedy, stating that America would be praying, too. Thank the Lord that when disaster strikes, this nation knows where to go for help -- not to the DHS, not to the FBI, not to local authorities, but to God. May we all return to Him now, and may a mighty revival begin to break forth from the ashes of this calamity. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)
3. Massachusetts Governor: "Only Two Devices Were Found" - The Hill
"It's important to clarify that two and only explosive devices were found yesterday," Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick (D) said. "Other parcels have been examined but there are no unexploded bombs. There were no unexploded devices found." Patrick was flanked by the lead agents in the investigation for the FBI and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, as well as Boston Mayor Tom Menino (D) and Massachusetts Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D) and Mo Cowan (D).
Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis said updated casualty figures indicate three people were killed and 183 were hurt by the bombings. He said 23 of those injured are in critical condition. (Read more)
- Lift up Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, Boston Mayor Tom Menino, Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis and all who are working with them to solve this crime, in prayer. Ask that they be granted "wisdom from on high" as they pursue this case, and that God would comfort and strengthen their hearts as they gaze upon the horrific evidence involved. May each one be comforted in this hour of trial. In Jesus Name, amen."
- "I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness." (I Timothy 2:1,2)
4. Boston Bombing Attack Underscores Growing Threat of IEDs in America - Fox News
Security experts say the deadly bomb attack on the Boston Marathon yesterday that left 3 dead and 183 wounded highlights what may be a growing threat to American cities - the use of IEDs to target large gatherings, inflicting mass damage with a device that is difficult to detect. (Read more)
- Continue in prayer for all in authority as they seek to find who did this act, and to prevent further IED attacks in the future. As we stand in unity and in repentance, the enemy will not be able to "break through" in the spirit, allowing for further acts of sabotage. It may be that all Americans will not know, understand, or take heed to this call to repentance, but we do. Let's stand together as a people through whom the Lord may move in order to bring protection to our country. Amen.
- "They do not break rank." (Joel 2:8)
5. Points system in bill would reward and select immigrants - Washington Times
The immigration reform bill that senators are writing in secret would move U.S. policy to a points-based system that would reward immigrants who are taking care of disabled parents at the same level as those who have earned master's degrees in high-tech fields, according to a draft of the legislation reviewed by The Washington Times.
- Lord, we pray about this whole immigration bill. We pray for the Holy Spirit's guidance of the senators and all working on the bill that they may know the just things to do. Whatever hidden agenda that is not according to Your will we ask to be destroyed. We ask for justice to move forward. We pray for Harry Reid as the Senate majority leader that he take the right course. May those who are speaking truth be heard and have favor. You, Lord, have the answers on what should be done about the immigration problem "with liberty and justice for all." In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- "The Lord executes righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed." (Psalm 103:6)
"'Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know." (Jer. 33:3)
6. High court may decide if carrying guns in public a right - USA Today
As Congress and state legislatures debate gun control, the high court is likely to hear a case in the near future challenging state restrictions on carrying guns outside the home.
- Lord, we pray that our Congress, state legislatures, and those in the Supreme Court look into the perfect laws of liberty and continue in it. May they know Your perfect law and will and then do the work that our country may be blessed. May they have revelation, eyes opened to see, and ears opened to hear how to protect that liberty. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- "But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does." (James 1:25)
7. U.S. tells North Korea new missile launch would be "huge mistake" - Reuters
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry warned North Korea on Friday that it would be a "huge mistake" to test launch a medium-range missile and said the United States would never accept the reclusive country as a nuclear power.
- Lord, we thank You and we praise You that there was no launch yesterday. We ask continued prayer that You would touch the heart of Kim Jong-Un, heal him from his anger, rage, and fear . . . and bring him to salvation through the Blood of the Lamb.
We pray for U.S. Secretary of State Kerry as he works on peaceful solutions. We continue to pray that North Korea comes into alignment with Your will. We pray that Your will be done in North Korea. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- "Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"The Lord builds up Jerusalem; He gathers together the outcasts of Israel." (Psalm 147:2)
1. Israel lights Independence Day torches, segues from sorrow to celebration - Times of Israel
Israel on Monday evening officially transitioned from Memorial Day, one of sorrow and remembrance, to Independence Day celebrations. Civilian dignitaries and military brass attended the country's closing memorial ceremony at Jerusalem's Mt. Herzl, in which 12 torches were lit commemorating the 12 tribes of Israel.
2. Israeli NGO to sue PA for terrorism - Ynet News
An Israeli civil rights NGO is preparing to sue the Palestinian Authority in the International Criminal Court (ICC) for its alleged responsibility for thousands of terrorist attacks on Israel.
3. Salaam Fayyad resigns as Palestinian Prime Minister - UK Telegraph
The Palestinian prime minister, Salaam Fayyad, has resigned, leaving the Palestinians without one of their most moderate and well-respected voices just as the US is launching a new push for Middle East peace.
4. PM: Israel has been forced to fight for its right to exist - Jerusalem Post
"We've been forced as a nation to fight for our right to exist," said Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Sunday afternoon at the opening ceremony to honor the fallen IDF soldiers, ahead of Remembrance Day that takes place on Monday.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"Bow down Your ear to me,
Deliver me speedily;
Be my rock of refuge,
A fortress of defense to save me."
1. Long Trial: Martyr Case in Turkey Leaves Lawyer with Death Threat - BosNewsLife
A lawyer supporting relatives of three Christians killed in southeastern Turkey remained in life danger Friday, April 12, after receiving death threats, rights activists said.
Erdal Dogan, a human rights defender, has played a key role in the trial against those suspected of murdering Turkish citizens Necati Aydin and Ugur Yuksel and Tillman Geske, a German citizen.
They were tortured and killed April 18, 2007, at the offices of Zirve Publishing House, a Christian publisher in Malatya, by five young Muslims, according to investigators.
2. Christians in Nigeria Appeal to Militants not to Attacks Mosques and Muslims - AfriqueJet
The Catholic Church and a socio-political organisation in Nigeria's predominantly-Muslim north have appealed to the country's oil militants not to attack mosques and Muslim clerics, as they have threatened to do in retaliation for the incessant attacks on Christians in the north.
MEND said in a statement emailed to journalists on Sunday that the attacks would start on 31 May, unless the umbrella Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) and MEND leader Henry Okah appeals against it.
Mr. Anthony Sani, a spokesman for the organisation, Arewa Consultative Forum, advised MEND not to attack mosques.
3. Advocacy Group Takes up Case of Chinese Christian Sentenced to 7 Years - CHINAaid News
Zhu Yufu, a Christian dissident in his 60s, has been sentenced again by the Chinese Communist government, this time because he posted a poem he'd written called "It's Time" during the Arab Spring revolutions in the Middle East. The international community immediately responded to the ridiculously heavy sentence of seven years' imprisonment (and three-year deprivation of political rights) and expressed concern about worsening human rights situation in China. In hopes of bringing about Zhu's early release, the Texas-based Christian human rights group China Aid Association and Zhu's family, who had made a special trip to the United States from China, were in Washington, D.C. last week to meet with key U.S. government officials and Congressional leaders.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
Jay Sekulow: Thoughts on Boston
Thoughts on Boston:
A Day of Terror, a Day of Courage
As we mourn those who died yesterday and pray for those who are now battling through horrific injuries, I am thankful that we serve a God who is righteous and merciful.
It is part of God's great mercy that on a day where we were reminded once again that evil is all too real and present, we were reminded even more that this nation is still full of men and women who demonstrate courage and compassion in the face of danger. By all accounts, the first responders, bystanders, and even uninjured runners responded immediately to the bomb blasts, with the first responders doing what they do best - run straight into harm's way to deliver aid.
Some runners ran immediately to hospitals, moments after finishing a 26-mile race, to give blood to help save the injured.
Boston medical professionals responded magnificently. Press reports described hospitals that responded with calm and competence to an unexpected mass casualty event. None were overwhelmed. All gave outstanding care. Other countries struggle to respond to violent attacks, but the people of Boston rose to the occasion. They deserve our praise.
Today, as I pray for the victims, I also pray that evil will be defeated and deterred by a response that is as swift and decisive as possible. I am reminded of the words of the psalmist:
My eyes have seen the defeat of my adversaries; my ears have heard the rout of my wicked foes.
And for those who are suffering:
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
May God bless the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing. May God help us find those responsible for this horrific attack.
American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ)
Obama and the Word: "Terror"
Obama Chokes On "Terror" Word Again
President Obama made a public statement yesterday afternoon and promised justice would be done. But once again, just as he did after the Fort Hood shooting by jihadist Major Nidal Hasan and Benghazi, Obama notably did not describe the event as terrorism. Why on earth is he constantly reluctant to use the word? No matter who is found to be responsible, blowing up civilians obviously constitutes terrorism.
Fortunately, we don't have to speculate about his "phobia" of saying the word. Top Obama operative and former White House advisor David Axelrod explained Obama's mindset. Axelrod said:
"The word [terrorist] has taken on a different meaning since 9/11. You use those words and it means something very specific in people's mind. And I'm sure what was going through the president's mind is -- we really don't know who did this -- it was tax day. Was it someone who was pro -- you know, you just don't know. And so I think his attitude is, let's not put any interference into this, let's just make clear that we're going to get the people responsible."
In other words, Obama thinks the attack might have been from a right-wing anti-tax fanatic, but if the word "terrorism" were used it might cause people to jump to the conclusion it was done by radical Islamists.
Remember when New York's Mayor Bloomberg speculated that a car bomb found in Times Square was probably the work of a right-winger angry at Obamacare? Of course it wasn't. Just like the other 16 failed plots to attack New York, the car bomb was the work of a radical Muslim.
Feeling the heat overnight, Obama decided to make a statement this morning and did describe the bombing as "an act of terror." We don't know who is responsible for this attack, but the left's tendency (or is it hope?) to blame the right instead of jihadists is striking. (Gary Bauer)
U.S. Was Warned of Terror Attacks
U.S. WAS WARNED OF TERROR ATTACKS
Although it is not known yet who is responsible for Monday's heinous bombings at the Boston Marathon that killed three and injured more than 100 people, a source within Iranian intelligence services told WND the Islamic regime was behind them and to look for trails through Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
The source said the bombs were planted near the end of the race so that the horrific images of the blasts would be captured by all the media there and be replayed over and over throughout the world.
A senior commander of the Islamic regime had warned less than two months ago that terrorism was coming to America.
"If the people of America and Europe do not confront the aggressive policies of their governments, they cannot then remain far from the possible future events (terror attacks)," the regime's armed forces deputy chief of staff, Brig. Gen. Masoud Jazayeri, said in a Feb. 23 interview with Fars News Agency, a media outlet run by the Revolutionary Guards. "Al-Qaida groups and other services which operate for the interests of America (in Syria) will soon change the region of their operations and thereafter create new problems for America and Europe."
Jazayeri, objecting to U.S. involvement in the Syrian civil war, warned that explosions similar to those in Syria would take place in other countries. With information from a source in the supreme leader's office, WND reported exclusively on Dec. 11, 2012, that a team of Quds Force terrorist leaders had infiltrated the United States to attack from within in 2013. The source said the team is to create instability in America through terrorism should the U.S. fail to accept the regime's illicit nuclear program or increase sanctions, confront Iran militarily or intervene in the Syrian civil war.
In a WND exclusive report on Feb. 28, the source said that a six-member team, including an explosives specialist, was to join 10 Quds Force commanders who already have a cell of 50 terrorists in the U.S. The source added that Iran is working with al-Qaida factions because al-Qaida attacks would not leave behind a link to Tehran.
The source for today's information blamed the Islamic regime for the Boston attack and pointed to the collaboration of the regime's Quds Forces with Hezbollah and elements of al-Qaida with links to individuals in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. He said that under Quds Force guidance, Hezbollah recruited Sunni terrorists allied with al-Qaida factions in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, who then entered the U.S. for terrorist activities.
The information has been shared with U.S. officials.
But until the FBI and other U.S. agencies complete their investigations, all information regarding the bombings must be considered with great caution and any conclusions would be premature.
If the source is correct, however, then three individuals will likely have had a hand in planning and preparing for the attack:
- Mustafa Badr Al Din, the brother-in-law and cousin of the dead terrorist Imad Mugniyah, who now serves as Mugnyiah's replacement as the military leader of Hezbollah and who also serves as the deputy of Qasem Soliemani, the head of the Islamic regime's Quds Forces.
- Mohammad Ali Hamadei, on the FBI's most-wanted list, a Hezbollah operator responsible for operation and infiltration of forces into America who was based in New Mexico with a Latin American passport and who was also seen last year in England.
- Talal Hamieh, the head of Hezbollah's External Security Organization responsible for operations outside of Lebanon. He has been in Mexico collaborating with drug cartels to raise funds for Hezbollah cells and facilitates the transfer of arms and terrorists into the U.S.
In the aftermath of the Boston bombings, Fars News Agency put out a piece headlined, "Obama in deep trouble if Boston bombing was by Salafis (ultraconservative Sunni Muslims)."
Fars said one reason that Obama has not linked the Boston bombing to al-Qaida is that his administration wants to show it has defeated al-Qaida and any mention of the terrorist group would undermine his position.
It ominously mentioned that America is now allied with the Salafis and al-Qaida in confronting Syria's Bashar Assad and that if it's proven that the same elements were responsible for the bombings in Boston, then Obama would be severely criticized by the American public.
Fars, as with the earlier warning by Jazayeri, denounced Obama's decision to help the opposition in Syria and hinted that the Boston attack is related to al-Qaida and the hardcore Sunnis. It concluded that Obama would likely not name them as the guilty party to save face.
Although the Islamic regime has long warned that America will not be safe from its reach and that it must not only accept Iran's nuclear program but also end its support for the opposition in Syria, there is no proven link yet between Boston and Tehran. (WorldNetDaily) Read more.
Stand on the Wall!
ALERT! Stand on the Wall!
By George Whitten, Editor
Ecc. 1:5-6;9 The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises. 6 The wind blows to the south and turns to the north; round and round it goes, ever returning on its course. 9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
In light of the tragedy that just took place during the Boston Marathon yesterday, I wanted to remind our readers of the historical significance of this week.
The writer of Ecclesiastes was aware of cycles in nature, how they repeat themselves. Some have noticed another interesting historical cycle which awakens our awareness at this time of year. The dates April 19th-20th contain an interesting pattern. This is a time frame which has seen the birth of much havoc in the world. Historically this is when the birth of Rome and the Roman empire took place, the birth of Muhammed and Islam took place, the birth of Napoleon and more recently the birth of Hitler and Nazi Germany occurred.
This time frame is also key in American history as these dates mark times when wars have begun; among them, The Revolutionary war, the Civil War, the Mexican-American War, and the Spanish-American War. It is also the time frame during which America abandoned the gold standard, the Waco Branch Davidian debacle occurred, as well as the Oklahoma City Bombing, the Columbine High school massacre, the Virginia Tech shootings, the LA riots and finally, the ecological disaster of BP Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico took place.
Anniversaries can be positive, and awaken joyful memories, or . . . they can recall difficult moments which cause us to brace inwardly and wonder if some kind of trouble will arrive once again. God is the Lord of history and His purposes stand for our good in any case, so we needn't fear the future under His care. During this season when much trouble has been seen in history, we'll be watching and ready to stand in the gap and to unleash prayers as the need arises.
> > > Editor's Note:
We at CHPP are standing on the wall with George Whitten. Indeed, Worthy News is actually the source for most of the headlines we post every day on our Briefs.
George is on tour now on the East Coast, and is available to speak to churches and to groups that have a heart for Israel. You can reach George by sending an email to:
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Israel May Open Women's Access to Western Wall
Different factions of orthodox and liberal Jews are in the throes of making a ground-breaking decision concerning coed seating at the Western Wall.
Israel)-Currently, at Jerusalem's sacred Wailing Wall, men and women can pray together only in the small designated area of Robinson's Arch. But as reported on various news sites, Prime Minister Netanyahu has requested that the head of the Jewish Agency, Natan Sharansky, submit a review of the gender segregation policies after the arrests of several women who defied the coed seating restrictions.
According to a Jerusalem Post report, a new plan could call for "the current prayer area at Robinson's Arch...to be elevated to the same level as the current plaza area, and for the area running along the Western Wall to be divided into three equal parts...with one entrance to the entire complex set to be created."
Calling the possible establishment of new seating at the Western Wall "groundbreaking," a report in NewsTimes also concedes that the push to change the status-quo at the Holy Site is driven in no small part by American women.
The Orthodox rabbinate in Jerusalem, the report states, "has fiercely resisted inroads by the progressive Reform and Conservative streams of Judaism, refusing to recognize their rulings, conversions or ceremonies as religiously valid. This has led to a deepening rift with American Jews, most of whom are affiliated with the liberal streams. Nowhere has this conflict been more visible that at the Western Wall."
(Source: Jeremy Sharon - The Jerusalem Post) Read more.
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
For Your Name is Holy
I enter the Holy of Holies