Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Wednesday, April 10, 2013
"And now, Lord, take note of their threats, and grant that Your bond-servants may speak Your word with all confidence . . ." (Acts 4:29)
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
Today's Daily Jot can be found by going to: www.dailyjot.com or by using
The Daily Brief
1. Chinese colonel says latest bird flu virus is U.S. biological weapon - freebeacon
A Chinese Air Force officer on Saturday accused the U.S. government of creating the new strain of bird flu now afflicting parts of China as a biological warfare attack. People's Liberation Army Sr. Col. Dai Xu said the United States released the H7N9 bird flu virus into China in an act of biological warfare, according to a posting on his blog on Saturday.
- Father, may the words from this colonel fall null and void. Words and ideas plant seeds into our minds and influence our actions. May these words have no effect on the international community.
- No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me," Says the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17)
2. Iran: Dozens of aftershocks follow deadly earthquake- BBC
More than 80 aftershocks have hit south-west Iran following Tuesday's 6.1 magnitude earthquake, which killed at least 37 people and injured 850. Twelve villages were completely destroyed and terrified residents spent the night in the open, reports say. Iran's Red Crescent says the search and rescue operation is now over and affected families are being relocated.
- Father, we pray safety over the Iranian people. Help them rebuild and relocate their homes. Provide their every need during this time of devastation.
- "The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace."(Numbers 6:24-26)
3. Obamacare architect Rockefeller: It's 'beyond comprehension' - Washington Examiner
West Virginia Democratic Sen. Jay Rockefeller, one of the towering architects of Obamacare, on Tuesday openly criticized program managers for not moving quickly enough to build the system, warning that if it gets off to a bumpy start it will just get worse. Decrying the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act as way too complex, he warned. . . Obamacare is "so complicated. . . if it isn't done right the first time, it will just simply get worse."
- Father, we release this concern of Obamacare over on You. Yes, Obamacare is "so complicated." You are ruler over all, and You have all the answers we need. Thank you for wisdom and ability upon all the program managers. We continue to seek Your intervention in this matter of Obamacare, and its effect on businesses and the American people.
- and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with ability and intelligence, with knowledge and all craftsmanship, (Exodus 31:3)
4. New York Police Confiscating Firearms from People Taking Anti-anxiety Medication - infowars
The New York State Police are suspending the handgun permits of people in the state who are prescribed anti-anxiety medication, according to Jim Tresmond of the Tresmond Law Firm in Hamburg, New York. Tresmond Law specializes in firearm litigation. ..."We were flummoxed by this whole matter," the attorney said. "The HIPPA act is supposed to prevent this kind of thing from happening. It's a gross invasion of our privacy rights."
- Lord, we speak calm to this situation regarding firearms. Reveal responsible solutions to our officials. Anti-anxiety medication is used by many people; (1 study shows 1 out of 10 people). Guide our leaders to the right answer. Give them a calm and well balanced mind. Protect our rights as citizens, In Jesus Name.
- But whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm. (Proverbs 1:33)
5. FCC set to drop ban on f-word, nudity on television and radio stations nationwide - American Family Association
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) announced it is considering dropping current broadcast decency standards that ban explicit profanity and "non-sexual" nudity. You can read the press release from the FCC here.
Specifically, if enacted, the new FCC policy would allow network television and local radio stations to air the f-word, the s-word and to allow programs to show frontal female nudity, even during hours when they know children will be watching and listening. It is accepting comments on the proposal from the viewing public until the end of April. (Read more)
> > > To sign learn how to submit your comments to the FCC, go here.
- Holy God, we are grieved by the news of this unconscionable policy! What has happened to the leaders in our nation -- those who have been charged with maintaining healthy standards of ethical behavior in our communications industry? Holy God, we ask You to visit them in their beds, and terrorize them with your presence. We ask for an immediate overruling of this pending change in FCC rules; and for a massive groundswell of support to see that change occur. Help us, Mighty God, we pray! In Jesus' Name, amen!
- "In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they slumber in their beds, he may speak in their ears and terrify them with warnings, to turn them from wrongdoing and keep them from pride, to preserve them from the pit, their lives from perishing by the sword." (Job 33:15-18)
6. AFA Promotes "Day of Silence Walkout" in Public Schools - American Family Association
The Day of Silence, which is sponsored by the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), fast approaches. This year it will take place in most public schools on April 19. On this day, thousands of public high schools and increasing numbers of middle schools will allow students to remain silent throughout an entire day-even during instructional time-to promote GLSEN's socio-political goals.
Parents must actively oppose this hijacking of the classroom for political purposes. Please join the national effort to restore to public education a proper understanding of the role of government-subsidized schools. You can help de-politicize the learning environment by calling your child out of school if your child's school allows students to remain silent during instructional time on the Day of Silence. (To learn more, go here.)
- Edmund Burke once said, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." This is that time. If your own children or teenagers are in these schools, it is time to take action. Pray and act. Amen.
- "Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them." (Eph. 5:11)
7. Senators unveil deal on gun sales background check - CNS News.com
Two pivotal senators announced a bipartisan deal Wednesday on expanding background checks to more gun buyers, an agreement that could build support for President Barack Obama's drive to curb firearms violence.
Sens. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., and Patrick Toomey, R-Pa., said their accord would help keep firearms from criminals and the mentally ill. Subjecting more firearms purchases to federal background checks has been the chief goal of Obama and gun control supporters, who promote the system as a way to prevent criminals and other potentially dangerous people from getting the weapons.
The agreement between two of the most conservative members of each party was expected to make it even likelier that the Senate's initial vote Thursday to begin debating gun legislation will succeed, despite an effort by conservatives to block consideration of the measure. (Read more)
- Please see commentary by Faye Higbee, below. America, it is time to wake up and to repent from our own wicked, selfish, self-centered ways. Our problem is not gun control; it is "soul control." Let's invite Christ into our lives, and allow Him to live through us. This action, and this alone, will save our nation. Repent, pray, and "clean house!" In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death." (Proverbs 14:12)
8. Iraqi al Qaeda wing merges with Syrian counterpart - Reuters
Iraq's al Qaeda wing has united with a kindred Syrian group in the frontline of a struggle to oust President Bashar al-Assad, sharpening a dilemma for nations that back the revolt, but fear rising Islamist militancy.
The leader of the Islamic State of Iraq, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, said his group had trained and funded fighters from Syria's al-Nusra Front - which is blacklisted by the United States - since the early days of the two-year-old uprising. He said in a statement posted on Islamist websites and seen by Reuters on Tuesday that the two groups would operate under the joint title of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. "It's now time to declare in front of the people of the Levant and the world that al-Nusra Front is but an extension of the Islamic State of Iraq and part of it," Baghdadi said. "We thus declare . . . the cancellation of the name of the Islamic State of Iraq and the name of al-Nusra Front and grouping them together under one name, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant," he added. (Read more)
- The tension in this region has just jumped up another dangerous notch with this news from Reuters today. Continue to pray in the Spirit over all matters related to Syria and its neighbors; Russia is also allied with the Assad regime in the background. Lord, teach us to pray!
- " . . . the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don't know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God's own will." (Romans 8:26,27 NLT)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Yahweh is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous." (Proverbs 15:29)
1. Kerry in Israel: No 'open-ended, endless' Iran nuke talks - Jerusalem Post
US Secretary of State John Kerry said Tuesday after meeting with Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu that Iran will not be able to drag out the negotiations over its nuclear program indefinitely.
2. Kerry Offers P.A. 'Incentives' to Restart Peace Talks - CBN News
Secretary of State John Kerry began his second visit to Israel Sunday afternoon in Ramallah, where he reportedly offered Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas incentives to restart negotiations with Israel, the P.A.'s official Ma'an News Agency reported Sunday.
3. Israeli - Turkish reconciliation talks postponed - Ynet News
Israel may have apologized, but it seems that normalization of relations is still far off. A few hours after the families of Marmara fatalities announced they would not drop their suit even if they receive compensation, it turns out the meeting between the Israeli and Turkish delegations, who were set to discuss several central issues for the return to normalization, will be put off till April 22, at the request of the Turks.
4. Israeli official: Hagel to visit this month - jpost
US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel will pay a first visit to Israel since taking office later this month to bolster the allies' cooperation in the Middle East, an Israeli official told Reuters on Tuesday. Hagel and his Israeli counterpart, Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon who is also newly appointed, discussed the visit by phone last month... The official said Hagel would visit between April 21-23.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"And now, Lord, take note of their threats, and grant that Your bond-servants may speak Your word with all confidence . . ." (Acts 4:29)
1. Muslim Mob Uses Cell-Phone Music as an Excuse to Attack Christians in Pakistan - WND
A mob of Muslims, apparently angered by Christian youths playing music on their phones from the back of a rickshaw taxi, responded by attacking residents of the mostly Christian Francis Colony section of Gujranwala, near Pakistan's city of Lahore.
The incident started after the prayer leader of the Lahore suburb's largest mosque accused the teenagers of playing their music too loudly.
2. Young People in Bangladesh Resist a "Taliban State" in Bangladesh - The Bangladesh Today
DHAKA : Gonojagaran Mancha on Tuesday said they would wage a massive campaign to resist the radical Hefazat- e-Islam and their 13-point demands as the youngsters staged a stick march parading through the city streets, reports BSS.
"We would resist the radical group and their 13-point demands though massive movement. . .people resisted the Hefazat's attack on our peaceful rally on April 6. . . as we take sticks in hand, we would prevent attacks with these sticks," spokesman Dr Imran H Sarker told after completion of stick procession on Tuesday evening. He added: "We would not remain silent . . .the new generation will resist attempts turn Bangladesh a Taliban state."
3. Christian Trafficking Victims from Eritrea Describe Their Suffering - Christian Today
It was in the Sinai desert that the nation of Israel received God's law. Consequently we tend to think of the Sinai as a place of law-giving. Today, however, under Egyptian control, the Sinai (particularly the north-east) is absolutely lawless -- a place of law-breaking. Not only has al-Qaeda established a presence, but Bedouin criminal gangs and human traffickers operate with impunity.
The Egyptian government knows that the clusters of concrete buildings dotting the Sinai desert are being used as torture chambers by human traffickers. The traffickers relay their victims' agony to family members or diaspora groups via mobile phone to facilitate payment of ransom. Even when ransom is paid it is not uncommon to find that victims are subsequently sold on to other traffickers who repeat the process. Failure to pay will result in death by torture, including through the extraction of saleable organs. New York Times (NYT) estimates that some 7,000 refugees have been abused this way in the past four years and that 4,000 of them may have died.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
Insane leaders, insane world
Just take a moment and think about the leadership in the world. We have this "president" of Iran, Ahmadinejad, saying that Israel should be wiped off the face of the earth, that Jews are pigs, and that America is the "great Satan." There is the Un leader in North Korea who is running around in a poorly tailored military uniform saying he is going to nuke South Korea and the United States. The European Union, with whoever that is led by, is confiscating bank accounts of its member countries to pay for bad debt racked up by "elected" politicians. The world is like a bad mix of the "Airplane," "Police Academy," and Austin Powers Dr. Evil movies rolled into one. Then there is the occupant of the Oval Office.
Here is a guy who wants to abolish marriage by instituting gay marriage; thinks it's OK to abort babies up until it is time for them to be born; thinks it's OK to sell semi-automatic weapons to Mexican drug dealers, but wants to disarm the American public; spends millions of taxpayer dollars to support the very terrorists in Egypt, Libya, Yemen, Tunisia and Syria that we are trying to defeat in Afghanistan and Iraq; has presided over 90 million Americans giving up on ever finding a job, 50 million living in poverty, and the highest deficits and national debt of most all the president's combined. Yet, he spends over a million taxpayer dollars for a golf outing with Tiger Woods, takes lavish vacations and throws parties at the White House costing taxpayers millions each.
Most people consider the Un leader in North Korea insane. What does that make the un-leader in the United States? The occupant of the Oval Office has submitted his budget to Congress. Given the backdrop of this bad economy and the suffering of the American people, the budget, his budget, calls for $3.77 trillion in spending and $1.8 trillion in "deficit reduction." Carefully characterizing tax increases as "deficit reduction," the occupant is trying to pull the wool over peoples' eyes that somehow he is being responsible. Let's do the math. 1.8 trillion divided by the US population of 330 million, means a tax increase of $5,454 per man, woman and child. This is truly "UN Leadership." It also seems insane.
Jesus said in Matthew 7:15-16, "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits." He said in John 10:11, "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd gives his life for the sheep. But he that is a hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, sees the wolf coming, and leaves the sheep, and flees: and the wolf catches them, and scatters the sheep. The hireling flees, because he is a hireling, and cares not for the sheep." Leadership is important. We can see the type of leaders in the world, in our country, by what they do. If we all would truly follow Jesus Christ as our leader, the wolves and hirelings would have no place.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Congresswoman Confronts Planned Parenthood
Congresswoman Blackburn Demands Answers from Planned Parenthood
on Post-Birth Abortion Lobbying Controversy
WASHINGTON - Congressman Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) on Wednesday sent a letter to Planned Parenthood in response to their advocacy in support of post-birth abortion before the Florida state legislature. Video of the disturbing exchange between the Planned Parenthood lobbyist and several Florida state legislators can be seen here. Congressman Blackburn sponsored the first pro-life bill of the 113th Congress - the Title X Abortion Provider Prohibition Act (H.R. 61) - to stop taxpayer money from going to big, profitable abortion businesses.
"Planned Parenthood owes the American taxpayers answers to some very basic questions. Any organization receiving taxpayer funding should not lobby in support of expanding abortions, especially controversial propositions like infanticide which dramatically calls into question the way Constitutional rights are bestowed upon every person born in this country," Blackburn said. "Planned Parenthood's disturbing testimony is just one more reason why we must pass H.R. 61 - to end taxpayer funding for big abortion businesses through the Title X grant program."
Congressman Blackburn is Vice Chair of the Energy and Commerce Committee, which oversees Title X of the Public Health Service Act. (Christian Coalition of America) Read more.
- Offer praise for this report, and pray for protection for Rep. Blackburn and her family and staff. Pray for passage of the bill she has sponsored that stop our taxpayer money from being used to fund abortion providers, under Title X. Pray!
- (For Rep. Blackburn) "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." (Phil. 1:6)
So word has it that Thursday April 11, is the big day when Congress blasts through new gun control legislation to "Fix" what's "wrong" with gun availability in America. And many Republicans are set to vote for it mostly because they are intimidated by the media and deceived by gun control advocates.
First, I am extremely aware that gun violence is real. I've read enough books and seen enough media controlled TV to understand that America is chock full of wackos. The issue here isn't that there is gun violence, but what CAUSES gun violence? The current crop of gun legislation is like handing an aspirin to a sick person. It treats the symptom for a while (until they take too many and get a brain bleed- speaking from personal experience).
Violence is a symptom of a society in desperate need of help. As fear of the crazy people grows, so too will the desire to restrict, limit, and contain law abiding citizens. Symptoms, not causes. Fear, not faith.
This blog was created because I told everyone that what is unseen influences what is seen with the eyes. Bad guys don't obey laws. Crazy people can't think like "normal" people. The symptom is violence, the cause is a society that hates God and has allowed a different crop of spirits to run it. Selfish, self-centered, without conscience, all of those things breed violence. We've put it on television, in movies, in music, in books, and on video games. We don't spend time with our kids to help them understand such things; we shove them in a corner with their earphones and let them fend for themselves because we're too busy or plain selfish to care. We murder babies by the thousands every day because we're too self-centered to take the time to deal with a child. Hey, it interferes with our lives. So if you're wondering why all the violence? It's by design, the design of the forces of evil. And it's only going to get worse until we repent and change our ways of thinking. Get a clue, America!
-- Pastor Faye Higbee; Post Falls, Idaho
To read Faye's Blog, "Shakin' in the Nation," go here.
News from Bahrain
Bahrain Labels Hezbollah Terrorists
Noted earlier last week, Hezbollah's alliance with dictator Bashar al-Assad in Syria's bloody civil war has left the Shia organization politically weakened.
Investigations also have found Hezbollah responsible for a terrorist bombing in Bulgaria last year and for sending an operative to Cyprus to scout targets for attacks on Israeli tourists. But that has yet to be enough for the European Union (EU) to designate Hezbollah a terrorist group. The parliament in a Persian Gulf state, Bahrain, voted this week to do what the EU won't. The terrorist designation is believed to be driven by sectarian factors - Bahrain's ruling class is Sunni, but its population is mostly Shia, the Times of Israel reports. Bahraini officials blame Hezbollah for stoking anti-government protests since the Arab Spring began. But they also blame Hezbollah for bombings last fall in the capital Manama that killed two people.
President Obama called on the EU to designate Hezbollah a terrorist group during last week's trip to Israel. He cited the Bulgaria bombing, saying Israelis were targeted "because of where they came from; robbed of the ability to live and love and raise families. That's why every country that values justice should call Hezbollah what it truly is: a terrorist organization."
Hezbollah replied by saying Obama "speaks like an employee of the Zionist entity [Israel]." A Bulgarian investigation found Hezbollah responsible for last July's a bombing attack that killed five Israelis and the Bulgarian bus driver. Interim Bulgarian Prime Minister Marin Raykov said he won't push the EU to designate Hezbollah, but will release more information about the investigation.
Under that standard, no evidence would prove sufficient. Coddling Hezbollah has only allowed it to stockpile tens of thousands of missiles capable of striking the heart of Israel. Its forces are fighting in Syria and training forces to buck up a ruthless dictator. That, in turn, is stoking sectarian tension in Lebanon. And its operatives continue to plot terror in Europe and elsewhere. Investigations tie Hezbollah to plots and attacks on Israeli diplomatic officials in Asia and Europe starting in 2011.In addition to the Bulgarian investigation, a court in Cyprus last week convicted a Hezbollah operative guilty on five charges relating to his work scouting travel patterns of Israeli tourists. Hezbollah paid Hossam Taleb Yaccoub for six missions in Cyprus between 2011 and his arrest last summer, just days before the Bulgarian attack. His mission echoed aspects of the Bulgarian bombing, including tracking Israeli flight schedules, identifying tour buses which carry Israelis and more.
This is not enough for the EU to act. It would be difficult to imagine writing this under other circumstances, but if only the Europeans could be as clear-eyed about terrorists as Bahrain. (International Project on Terrorism)
- Bahrain has strong ties to western Europe and the USA has a large naval base located on Bahrain. It has been a friend to the USA and has been a peaceable country. Pray that the western powers do their duty and protect Bahraini citizens Pray against the demonic forces working in the terrorists and stirring up instability in Bahrain We can already see how terrorists are attacking Bulgaria and Cyprus.
- "And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, so that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground; nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field." (Malachi 3: 11)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Pennsylvania Calls For National Fast Day:
April 30th, 2013
Congratulations Pennsylvania on the successful passage of "A Resolution recognizing April 30, 2013, as "National Fast Day" in honor of the 150th anniversary of President Abraham Lincoln's Proclamation Appointing a National Fast Day. " Let's support their effort by answering the call to pray and fast for America. (Source: Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation)
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Draw near to me for I have drawn near to You
And pull on the strings of my heart
for I long to respond to You
All my love is for You, and all my love is Yours
All my love is for You, and all my love is Yours