Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Wednesday, April 24, 2013
"Anyone who goes through me will be cared for-will freely go in and out, and find pasture. A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of."
(John 10:10 Message Bible)
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
Today's Daily Jot can be found by going to: www.dailyjot.com or by using
The Daily Brief
1. Al-Qaida's terror plans posted on Facebook - WND
Man accused of plotting to derail train exposes shocking details. The Tunisian man arrested this week on charges of plotting to derail a Canadian train posted all the chilling details of the inner workings of al-Qaida on his Facebook page - including numerous links to other notorious terror groups. Chiheb Esseghaier's Facebook page was captured by Walid Shoebat, a Palestinian former Muslim who converted to Christianity, just moments before it was deleted.
- Father, thank You that this Facebook page was captured before it was deleted. Continue to reveal evil plots before they take place. Thank You for leading and guiding our officials and protecting us, In Jesus Name.
- Teach me Your way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain and even path because of my enemies [those who lie in wait for me]. (Psalm 27: 11)
2. Boston bombing suspects built explosives with help of online Al Qaeda magazine, official says - Fox News
The brothers suspected of planting deadly bombs at the Boston Marathon may have gotten their ideas -- and even instructions on how to make explosives from household items -- from an English-language online magazine that Al Qaeda uses to radicalize and recruit Westerners.
- Father God, You are the great God of the Universe, and are to be honored by all mankind world-wide. We implore You because You are Lord of all, to instantly put a ban on this English-language online magazine that al-Qaeda uses to radicalize and recruit Westerners to become terrorists. Remove it from computers and all websites. Father, put the Blood of Jesus Christ around America, its borders, its computers, its cell phones, its vulnerable areas that terrorists could access to infiltrate personal lives and entice them to become a godless, blood-thirsty, hate-filled-heart, wicked killer. Deliver America, and fill our hearts with the holiness and love of God. In Jesus' Name.
- "Love suffers long, and is kind; love envies not; love does not push itself forward, is not puffed up, Does not behave itself unseemly, seeks not her own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil; rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth." (I Corinthians 13:4-6)
3. US Treasury takes new action against Hezbollah funders - Jerusalem Post
The US Treasury Department on Tuesday listed two Lebanese exchange houses as institutions of "primary money laundering concern" for their work with Hezbollah, invoking Section 311 of the USA PATRIOT Act to effectively shut them out of the American economy.
- Oh Lord God, You are moving by the power of Your holy judgment and justice to effectively shut out Hezbollah terrorists from the American economy. We ask that the proud never oppress us, as You raise up the Word of Your righteousness over America. We esteem all Your precepts concerning all things to be right, and we hate every false way. Thank You, Lord. In Jesus' Name.
- "The entrance of Your Words gives light; it gives understanding unto the simple. Order our steps in Your Word: and let not any iniquity have domination over America." (Psalm 119:130, 133)
4. Republican report says Obama, Clinton blew Benghazi response - Washington Times
House Republicans have concluded that the Pentagon and U.S. intelligence agencies bear no blame for failing to halt the terrorist assault on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, last year, releasing a report Tuesday that said President Obama and the State Department set up the military for failure.
- We thank You Lord, that You have uncovered the truth and brought it out of hiding and have exposed who is responsible for the innocent blood of four Americans being murdered by terrorists with the consent of the American government. As they sow, so shall they reap the reward of their deeds. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavors: give them after the work of their hands; render to them their desert. Because they regard not and pay no attention to the works of the Lord, nor the operation of His hands, He shall destroy them, and not build them up." (Psalm 28:4-5)
5. Russia studying U.S. missile defense moves, still seeks guarantees - Reuters
Russia is studying changes to the U.S. missile defense program, but still wants guarantees that the system would not be used against Russia, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Tuesday.
- Father, where there is guilt for evil deeds and destructive advances toward America, so shall there be retaliation against their enemies. No guarantee can be drawn up before a possible attack that would leave America vulnerable. We pray for the arm of the Lord to be extended toward our Defense Department that they not be impressionable to any deals that Russia may put before them. Uncover the underlying truth of Russia's intent and let nothing be hidden from our people. In Jesus' Name we pray.
- "Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God." (I Corinthians 4:5)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
""Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession."" (Psalms 2:8)
1. No bunker-buster bombs in Israel-US weapons deal - Ynet News
The deal signed this week between the US and Israel includes advanced weapons systems, but the interesting note is in the item left out of the deal, the New York Times reported Tuesday.
2. 'Iran already past nuclear red line,' expert says - Times of Israel
Iran has essentially crossed the "red line" set by Israel for its nuclear activity, and the coming few months will be a crucial period, Maj. Gen. (res.) Amos Yadlin, a former head of IDF Military Intelligence, said on Tuesday.
3. U.S. Sees No Hard Evidence of Syrian Chemical Weapons Use - Bloomberg
The Obama administration is challenging an Israeli intelligence assessment that Bashar al- Assad's regime has attacked rebels with sarin or other toxic substances.
4. Two Syrian rockets hit Lebanon as tensions rise - - AP
Two Syrian rockets struck Lebanon on Tuesday, causing damage and heightening tensions between Lebanese Shiite and Sunni communities over neighboring Syria's civil war, security officials in Beirut said.
5. Lebanese Hizbollah leading Assad offensive in Syria - UK Telegraph
A major attack by the Syrian regime on a town west of Homs is being led by the Lebanese Shia militia Hizbollah, according to the opposition Syrian National Coalition and activists.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"And now, Lord, take note of their threats, and grant that Your bond-servants may speak Your word with all confidence . . ." (Acts 4:29)
1. Syria's beleaguered Christians - BBC
Hundreds of thousands of Christians have been displaced by the fighting or left the country in the past two years. Melkite Greek Catholic Patriarch Gregorios III Laham recently said more than 1,000 Christians had been killed, "entire villages cleared of their Christian inhabitants", and more than 40 churches and Christian centres damaged or destroyed.
2. Kidnapped bishops raise fears of Christian nightmare in Syria - National Catholic Reporter
Rome on Tuesday reacted with alarm to the kidnapping of two Orthodox bishops in Syria, fearing it may mark the beginning of the nightmare scenario: that Syria will become the next Iraq, meaning the next Middle Eastern country where Christians emerge as primary victims of the chaos following the disintegration of a police state.
A Vatican spokesman called the kidnappings "a dramatic confirmation of the tragic situation in which the Syrian people and its Christian community are living."
According to a report from the Asia News agency, the two bishops were stopped at gunpoint by armed men Monday on their way to the city of Aleppo. A catechist traveling with them was shot to death while the two bishops were forced out of the car and taken away.
3. Police Accused of Siding with Muslim Rioters during Attack on Coptic Cathedral in Egypt - National Catholic Register
A media representative for Egypt's Catholic bishops echoed concerns that police sided with Islamic extremists who attacked a funeral service en masse at St. Mark's Coptic Orthodox Cathedral in Cairo.
"The police must have been aware of the situation, so why were the police not in front of the cathedral?" asked Father Rafik Greiche of the Egyptian Catholic bishops' conference.
He told the Catholic charity Aid to the Church in Need that the police "only arrived two hours later, and then they protected the attackers." Muslim extremists had previously threatened to disrupt the service, the priest said.
The April 7 funeral was for four Christians killed in a gunfight that followed a dispute in the town of Khusus near Cairo. A Muslim was also killed in that clash.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Madison Report
The Madison Report
Believe it or not, Republicans plan to bring a bill to the House floor this week that will expand an Obamacare program that Obama has actually begun to wind down. On Wednesday, the House will consider the Helping Sick Americans Now Act, H.R. 1549, which will pump $4 billion into Obamacare's federally managed and manipulated high-risk pool for those with pre-existing conditions - Pre-Existing Conditions Insurance Plan (PCIP).
- At a time when we are trying to starve the Obamacare beast, why are we expanding it and giving moral cover to the premise of the law? It is these very market-distorting programs that make the cost of health insurance unaffordable for everyone - not just those with pre-existing conditions.
- This bill would eliminate the requirement that enrollees be uninsured for 6 months prior to applying for the program. So they can wait until they get sick and immediately get insurance. This is like applying for fire insurance after your house burns down. The House should instead offer numerous free market ideas that will directly address the barriers to coverage for those with pre-existing conditions, with the most limited impact on the broader market. We should eliminate the ridiculous "community rating" rules that make insurers offer limited services and options for the same price irrespective of condition. We should have options targeted for chronically-ill people that don't include mandated AIDS and fertility coverage, yet provides for their needs with a higher premium.
With the threat of many conservative defections, will Boehner and Cantor violate the Hastert rule for the 5th time this year, and pass the bill with minority Republican/majority Democrat support?
The Boston Bombing and the FBI
The Boston Bombing and the Case for FBI Stings
By Steve Emerson, Investigative Project on Terrorism
April 22, 2013
With a few lucky breaks, last week's Boston Marathon bombing could have had a dramatically different outcome. Had Tamerlan or Dzhokhar Tsarnaev sought help building their bombs on jihadist web forums, FBI agents likely would have detected it.
They would have sent in an undercover operative or an informant. And the Tsarnaevs would have been arrested as they tried to detonate their bombs, which had been rendered inert by the FBI.
And it would have elicited howls of protest from Islamists and their supporters.
Instead, four people are dead, including the MIT police officer killed in Friday's shootout, and more than 150 people are injured. Many have lost limbs. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was charged Monday with using a weapon of mass destruction.
It is easy to imagine the reaction had investigators discovered him and his brother sooner.
"Entrapment!" defense attorneys would argue. "The FBI is fabricating terror threats, using hapless stooges incapable of harming anyone," Islamist advocacy groups would say.
We know this because this is how the scenario has played out dozens of times in recent years. But last week's bombing shows you don't need to be a master criminal to murder and maim innocent people. The ingredients to build the pressure-cooker bombs came straight out of al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula's Inspire magazine. The brainchild of American-born operative Samir Khan - killed in a 2011 drone strike along with fellow American Anwar al-Awlaki - Inspire offered suggestions for small-scale, homegrown jihadi attacks in each issue. (Read more)
Honoring Kansas Governor Sam Brownback
FRC Congratulates Kansas, Gov. Brownback
for Authorizing Stem Cell Research Center
April 22, 2013
Family Research Council (FRC) congratulated Kansas Governor Sam Brownback and the state of Kansas for the passage and signing of Kansas SB 199. The law establishes a new adult stem cell research and treatment center at the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City's medical school.
. . . The Center will be unique as a comprehensive stem cell center. It will focus first on treating patients with adult stem cells, which have a proven track record as life savers and life extenders, treating over 60,000 people a year for dozens of diseases around the globe. The Center will also train doctors on the use of adult stem cells for treatments, conduct research and clinical trials to develop more patient therapies, educate people about stem cell treatments, and create a global database of available therapies for use by physicians and patients. (Family Research Council)
Boy Scouts Compromise
Boy Scouts Compromise
The Boy Scouts of America, under pressure from the militant homosexual rights lobby and its big business allies, recently put forward a compromise on its membership policy. Trying to "cut the baby in half," the proposed new policy will allow openly homosexual scouts but not openly homosexual scout masters.
Given that the vast majority of scouting chapters are sponsored by churches or religiously affiliated organizations, this proposed compromise will hurt the Scouts and cost them members and chapters.
Predictably, all of the leftwing groups, led by the Human Rights Campaign, immediately made it clear that this compromise was not enough. If anyone at the BSA thought this would end the pressure, they haven't been paying attention to the culture wars in America.
This may be shocking to our friends at the BSA, but even if they announced a total reversal of the entire policy, the left's assault would not end. It would instead intensify.
Surrender would only be greeted by more demands for sensitivity training to guarantee that tolerance was being enforced, resulting in the indoctrination of young scouts into the homosexual rights agenda. All that the BSA accomplished with this move was to demoralize its supporters and encourage its opponents.
For readers who may be confronted by friends with the "tolerance" argument, let me remind you once again that this is not about tolerance. If tolerance is the yardstick, then where is the tolerance for the BSA and its values?
The left has no tolerance for the values of men and women of faith. Like the debate over marriage, this is about the left forcing its "morality" on the rest of society. It is the left that will not tolerate a traditional group for young men.
No one in America is saying, "You can't start a group similar to scouting for gay kids." Anyone can do that, but I doubt the group would have many members.
Meanwhile, the BSA only has to look to its Canadian counterpart to see what the future holds if it continues to surrender to the demands of the left. (Gary Bauer)
Pastor Saeed Prays for America
Beaten American Pastor Saeed Prays for America in Wake of Boston Bombings as Medical Care for Him Delayed
American Pastor Saeed Abedini, a U.S. citizen who is suffering from serious injuries at the hands of his Iranian captors, has told family members he is praying for America in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombings. Pastor Saeed Abedini According to a story by Jordan Sekulow for the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ), during a brief visit with family members, Abedini reported that he is experiencing intense pain as a result of untreated internal bleeding - injuries he sustained from repeated beatings and torture in Iran.
The ACLJ said Iranian prison authorities have told Abedini he will not receive any medical treatment for his injuries for another two months. The ACLJ said that even as his medical condition worsens, Abedini told family members he had heard about the terrorist bombings in Boston on the prison radio. He expressed his concern, and told them he is praying for the victims and their families during this difficult time for Boston and the nation.
Abedini became an American citizen on March 11 2010. His wife told a Congressional panel last month that becoming an American citizen was one of the proudest moments in his life. The ACLJ said that, in another example of the emotional and physical torture Abedini is enduring, he was recently taken to a hospital only to be turned away and returned to his prison cell untreated. He was then beaten again.
The ACLJ said Abedini explained that during the course of his trial and intense interrogations, Iranian authorities continually accused him of engaging in a "soft war" against the regime through his Christian activities.
The ACLJ said Abedini has never been involved in political activities. His heart has been for the people of Iran, and he has always cooperated with Iranian authorities. He kept his promise to stop working with house churches, and worked with Iranian authorities on a non-religious orphanage.
The ACLJ commented, "Iran continues its violation of human rights - imprisoning, torturing, and refusing medical care for Pastor Saeed merely because of his faith. His faith is clearly keeping him alive, giving him the strength to endure this persecution."
The ACLJ continued, "As Pastor Saeed prays for us, pray for him, and let him know he is not forgotten. Join tens of thousands of others in writing Pastor Saeed a letter at www.SaveSaeed.org for his May 7 birthday."
The ACLJ said they will deliver all the letters written. "Let this persecuted pastor know you care, and are praying for his freedom. It can make a tremendous difference. Help strengthen Pastor Saeed's spirits and let his captors know the world is watching Iran."
For more information go to www.aclj.org
(Source: ASSIST News Service)
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
The Names of God
(set to "Show Me Your Glory" by Third Day)