March of Remembrance
Sunday, April 7, 2013
in 150 cities across America!
See the GOOD NEWS section for details.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Tuesday, April 2, 2013
"By His stripes, we are healed." (Isaiah 53:5)
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
Today's Daily Jot can be found by going to: www.dailyjot.com or by using
The Daily Brief
1. Ship carrying Iranian weapons en route to Syria - Times of Israel
A ship carrying Iranian weapons was sailing through the Red Sea making its way to Syria, al-Arabiya reported on Saturday, citing opposition sources.
- Lord, we pray these weapons would not be used for evil purposes. Lord, we ask for Your intervention in this situation with Iran and Syria - and we pray - Your will be done. You know the way and the purposes of this ship. We do not understand all the hidden plans and purposes that are happening in Syria, but You do. In the name of Jesus we intercede for these two nations.
- There are three things which are too wonderful for me, yes, four which I do not understand: the way of an eagle in the air, the way of a serpent on a rock, the way of a ship in the midst of the sea. (Proverbs 30:18-19)
2. South Korea vows fast response to North; U.S. positions destroyer - Reuters
South Korea's new president vowed on Monday to strike back quickly if North Korea stages any attack, but the United States said it has seen no worrisome mobilization of armed forces by the North Koreans despite their bellicose rhetoric.
- Lord, we pray for the presidents of North and South Korea. You know the hearts of these two leaders. We pray their hearts be open to truth, righteousness, and You. Lord, You can change the hearts as they are needed so these leaders can make right decisions. In the name of Jesus, we pray for changed hearts and minds. Amen.
- The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; Who can know it? I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings. (Jeremiah 17:9-10)
3. Homeland Security buying pricey ammo as department-wide cuts take hold - Fox News
The Department of Homeland Security is spending more and more on pricey hollow-point bullets for law-enforcement officers -- even as it plans to enforce furloughs and other cuts on Customs and Border Protection employees due to sequestration.
- Lord, make peace in and at our borders. Lead those making many wrong decisions about our security to the way of wisdom. Guide their hearts continually in making wise decisions for our protection. We pray for divine security of our borders, in the name of Jesus. Amen.
- He makes peace in your borders, and fills you with the finest wheat. (Psalm 147:14)
4. US 'facing more bank bail-outs' - UK Telegraph
US authorities must urgently implement a rule preventing large banks from gambling with their own money or risk having to bail out Wall Street again, a leading regulator has said.
- Lord, we pray You grant our authorities discernment, knowledge, understanding, and discretion, to make just and right laws and decisions. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- Yes, if you cry out for discernment, and lift up your voice for understanding, if you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures; Then you will understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding. (Proverbs 2:2-6)
5. How the US oil, gas boom could shake up global order - NBC News
Without fanfare, China passed the United States in December to become the world's leading importer of oil -- the first time in nearly 40 years that the U.S. didn't own that dubious distinction. That same month, North Dakota, Ohio and Pennsylvania together produced 1.5 million barrels of oil a day -- more than Iran exported.
- Lord, thank you for the provision of oil. We pray for honest and just distribution of the oil, for the earth is Yours and all the fullness therein. We pray You open the way for America to produce all the oil it needs, and not rely on other countries. May we be a distributor of oil to bless other nations. In the name of Jesus we thank you for our provision. Amen.
- So Moses said to him, "As soon as I have gone out of the city, I will spread out my hands to the Lord; the thunder will cease, and there will be no more hail, that you may know that the earth is the Lord's. (Exodus 9:29)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Be still, and know that I am God! I will be praised among the nations. I will be praised in the land. YHWH of Hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah." (Psalm 46: 10,11)
1. Khaled Mashaal re-elected as Hamas leader - Jerusalem Post
Khaled Mashaal was re-elected to his fourth term as chairman of Hamas's Political Bureau, AFP cited a Hamas official as saying on Monday evening.
2. Abbas and Abdullah sign Jerusalem protection pact - Times of Israel
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and Jordanian King Abdullah II have signed an agreement to "defend Jerusalem and its holy sites," the Ma'an news agency reported on Sunday afternoon.
3. Natural gas from Tamar field reaches Israel - Times of Israel
Natural gas from the offshore Tamar field reached Ashdod on Sunday night after it was pumped to Israeli shores for the first time Saturday, four years after its discovery.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens."
( 2 Corinthians 5:1) )
1. Kazakhstan--Court Orders the Destruction of Christian Literature
- Forum 18 News Service
A court recently ordered the destruction of 121 Christian books that police confiscated from a Christian in the northern Akmola Region. On Oct. 20, 2012, Vyacheslav Cherkasov was arrested for offering Christian literature to passersby on a street in his town. During the arrest, police seized a suitcase containing Christian literature from his parked car. The printed materials included Bibles, children's Bibles, and other books and leaflets on the Christian faith, primarily in the Kazakh language. A justice ministry official in the capital of Astana explained that all the confiscated books, including the Bibles, will most likely be burned.
2. Sri Lanka--Repeat Attack on Persecuted Pastor's Home - Release International
A large mob attacked a Sri Lankan pastor's home recently, while he was away at a court hearing related to a previous attack on his home. Pastor Pradeep Kumara was in Colombo when the attack occurred, but his wife, Aruna, and their two children were trapped in their home for three hours while the mob rioted, demanding an end to church services in the village. The mob ordered Aruna to come out of the house and promise to stop holding worship services in the church, and our contacts report that she was injured in the incident. Although police were called, they were unable to control the mob. Pastor Pradeep and his family started a church more than 10 years ago in the south of the country, where there are few Christians. They were forced to move six times in four years, and at one point their house was firebombed.
3. Sierra Leone--Armed Men Attack and Rob VOM Worker - Voice of the Martyrs
Thieves entered the compound of a VOM partner in Sierra Leone last week and attacked and robbed him. They stole the battery from his car as well as the home's generator. "They were well armed and could have harmed me if I made an attempt to stop them," he said. "Please keep our family in your prayers. My concern is that the Lord keep me and my family under his mighty arm. I have made up my mind to remain a preacher and follower of Christ, and nothing will change this. May the Lord continue to strengthen all the persecuted in Jesus' name." Like several other nations in Africa, Sierra Leone is under growing pressure from Islamists who seek to Islamize the country. Incidents of persecution against Christians also continue to increase. Police promised to investigate the incident.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
"Seized" land verses Covenant land
The Israel newspaper Haaretz is reporting that the Israeli government has given "only" 0.7 percent of its "state land" in the West Bank to "Palestinians" over the past three decades and about 38 percent was allocated to Jewish settlements. The information came to light when the Israeli Civil Administration released the figures to the High Court of Justice. The article says the figures prove that Israel has illegally taken land from the Palestinians and given it to the Jewish settlers. It explains that if land is not under cultivation for 10 years, the government can seize it. The article claims that some land was "seized" unconstitutionally arguing that it was "insufficiently cultivated." So who owns the land?
The land that YHVH God gave Abraham had specific boundaries. Genesis 15:18 says, "In the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates." Then it names all the people groups that inhabit the land. Probably many of thevery people who are fighting for Israel's traditional lands of Samaria and Judea are descendants of them. This land mass that God gave to the descendants of Abram extends from the Nile River in Egypt in the south to Lebanon in the North, and from the Mediterranean eastward to the Euphrates which would be in modern Iraq.
This is confirmed in Joshua 1:4, "From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast." The Lord tells Joshua in verse 6, "Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shall you divide for an inheritance the land which I sware unto their fathers to give them." We know that over thousands of years of history, this land was challenged. The Israelites became a conquered people. The land changed hands from the Romans all the way to the British with many in between. Then after World War II, a small portion of the land was given back to the Jews, which is now Israel.
In 1967, Israel defended itself against an all out war from the North, East, and South. It captured some of Egypt, the traditional lands of Samaria and Judea, East Jerusalem, and the Golan Heights. Ever since the Six Day War, Arabs calling themselves "Palestinians" have laid claim to the land, saying it is occupied territory. For the most part, the international community has gone along with this charade, even the United States. Notwithstanding, conquered land is conquered land. And Covenant land is Covenant land. In the end, Jesus the Messiah will return and do battle with the beast. The land will be restored, undisputed, as depicted in Revelation. Then there will be no doubt.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
March of Remembrance will be held on APRIL 7, 2013 in cities everywhere.
It's never too early to begin preparations!
March of Remembrance is a Christian prayer walk held on Yom HaShoah (Day of Holocaust Remembrance) as a memorial and to give a public platform for Shoah survivors to tell their stories. We are closely related to the March of Life movement which has gone across Germany twice, Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania, & Poland with more national campaigns being planned.
> > > Watch March of Life Initiator Jobst Bittner talk about the spiritual and practical reasons for the March of Remembrance.
> > > The 5th Annual March of Remembrance will be held in 40+ cities of the USA on April 7, 2013. To learn more about this nationwide event, go here.
A WORD FROM JOBST BITTNER
The season of Redemption and Deliverance is upon us! Today we have the opportunity to boldly stand with Israel and the Jewish people to Remember, Honor and Bless those who perished and those who survived the atrocities of the Holocaust. Today we can take our place as a people separated by the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob to be a blessing to Israel, His Chosen. Today we have the privilege to bring a little bit of healing, a small amount of relief, a touch of love and encouragement and a promise to those who suffered and there posterity that Never Again will they stand alone as the hatred of the nations attempts to destroy them.
This week, as we remembered the sacrifice of our Master, I was reminded of His words as he was carrying the cross to give His life for Israel and all nations " . . . if they do these things when the wood is green, what will happen when it is dry?" These words struck me deeply this year, His words penetrated my heart and had to ask myself the question . . . if I am not willing to stand with Israel and the Jewish people now, will I be willing to stand when persecution comes again.
Already we see the same spirit at work around the world, threatening once again to come against God's Chosen.
If not now, then when will we stand?
Let us not look back, as our fathers did, regretfully and ashamed that they we're silent when the Nazi's threatened, complacent when the Nazi's perused the vile hatred that had enveloped their hearts, and unmoved as the atrocities became known. Let us not be moved again to action because of guilt and shame, but from a desire for righteousness, justice and truth to prevail in this world.
The United States Senate Chaplain, Peter Marshall offered this prayer on April 18th, 1947:
"Give to us clear vision that we may know where to stand and what to stand for-because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything."
If only these words of understanding and discernment would have been spoken ten years earlier . . .
COME AND LET US STAND TOGETHER!
Over 50 Events Across America
April 7th, 2013
Click Here to Find a City Near You!
Look for the tab marked "locations" and pursue!!
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
How Emptiness Sings
His bow is on the strings
And the tune resonates in the open space
To show us how emptiness sings:
Glory to God, Glory to God!
In fullness of wisdom,
He writes my story into his song,
My life for the glory of God.