Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
On Capitol Hill This Week Volume XX, Number 7
February 25 - March 1, 2013
"At night my soul longs for You, Indeed, my spirit within me seeks You diligently; For when the earth experiences Your judgments, the inhabitants of the world learn righteousness." (Isaiah 26:9)
News from Israel
- NETANYAHU ADDRESSES THE JEWISH AGENCY BOARD OF GOVERNORS
- DIPLOMATIC FLURRY BETWEEN ISRAEL AND EGYPT
- IDF READY IN 'VOLATILE' GOLAN
- 2 BORDER GUARD OFFICERS HURT IN WEST BANK
- WEST BANK: PALESTINIANS HURT BY LIVE AMMO
- PALESTINIANS CLASH WITH ISRAEL POLICE AT JERUSALEM'S TEMPLE MOUNT
- ISRAEL REMINDS: HUNGER STRIKERS IN JAIL FOR A REASON
- U.S. CONGRESSMEN SUPPORT BULGARIA ON HEZBOLLAH BOMBING REPORT
- HIZBULLAH MAN TRACKED ISRAELI FLIGHTS IN CYPRUS
- NIGERIA SAYS ARRESTS IRAN-LINKED CELL TARGETING U.S., ISRAEL
1. NETANYAHU ADDRESSES THE JEWISH AGENCY BOARD OF GOVERNORS
Israel is facing today a set of challenges that are daunting, nothing less than that, and we'll need all the unity and the strength that we can muster to overcome those challenges. They have not changed with the rise of the Jewish state. I think as in the other instances, what is directed, the hatred that is directed against the Jews threatens the rest of the world, but the rest of the world doesn't see it. That is also a repetition of history.
But I think that the development of nuclear weapons by Iran will be a pivot of history, will change the balance of power irrevocably in the world. When people with unlimited ambitions of aggression get unlimited weapons, what they believe are weapons of unlimited power, the demon is uncorked, and it's happened before.
Item number two is Syria. But it contains the most lethal weapons on earth, short of nuclear weapons. It's got chemical weapons; it's got advanced anti-aircraft missile systems that are the most advanced in the world; it's got other deadly weapons that could threaten not only Israel, but threaten the United States and its allies.
So these are some of the main problems that we face, the main challenges that we face. This is something that we've been able to deal with so far, and we've dealt with them, I think, responsibly and effectively. But it remains the main challenge to secure the Jewish future.
Source (Excerpts of speech, Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs, February 18, 2013) [Reported by BFP: Bridges for Peace]
- Pray that God will guide and direct Prime Minister Netanyahu in all his decisions. Pray that Israel will handle the threats against her, and respond to her enemies in a godly manner.
- The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes. (Proverbs 21:1)
2. DIPLOMATIC FLURRY BETWEEN ISRAEL AND EGYPT
Israel has sent at least two teams of officials to Egypt during the past week, and now an Egyptian official has revealed that Cairo is sending a team of its own to Jerusalem to move ahead with talks aimed at refining the details of the ceasefire agreement with Hamas including new rules regarding the ins-and-outs of the Rafah border crossing [at the Egyptian-Gaza border].
Israel recently allowed entry of truckloads of construction materials for use in a Qatar-funded project, and now the Egyptian delegation will press for a complete opening of the border to commercial goods. On Sunday [February 17], a Hamas official admitted that it was holding indirect talks with Israel, something that had previously been denied by both Hamas and Israel.
Hamas and Egypt have their own set of issues to deal with as well. Hamas claims mass impact, including lost employment for the estimated 10,000 Gazans working in the "tunnel industry" as Egypt works to close the underground network that grew into its own economy as an alternative to bringing goods into Gaza when Israel initiated its blockade after Hamas took control of the Gaza Strip in 2007. Egypt has been flooding the tunnels with water to put them out of commission.
Source (By The Media Line, February 19, 2013) [Reported by BFP: Bridges for Peace]
- Thank God that Egypt is putting a stop to the illegal shipping going on in Gaza. Pray that talks will develop into agreements that will prevent Gaza from launching rockets into Israel.
- The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; my Savior, You save me from violence. (2 Samuel 22:3)
3. IDF READY IN 'VOLATILE' GOLAN
The IDF is prepared for a new reality in the Golan as Syria continues to descend into chaos, Brigadier-General (ret.) Kobi Marom told Arutz Sheva. "The IDF has prepared for the new reality that will be in the Golan," he said. "There are fears of an escalation, and serious concern that if there is violence [in the region] the target will not be Assad." "It's a problematic reality, and the IDF has prepared accordingly," he continued.
Civilians are prepared as well, he added. "The towns in the Golan Heights are preparing. There's no panic, there's no hysteria, but they understand that the current reality is likely to completely change."
Currently, Marom said, "Assad's situation is worse, but it is hard to estimate how long it will take" for his regime to fall. "In the meantime, Israelis continue to tour the area, but the routine could change."
Regarding Israel's recent decision to provide medical care to several wounded Syrians, Marom said there is no reason to fear that the move will open the doors to a potentially dangerous flood of refugees from Syria, which remains officially at war with Israel. "It was a one-time humanitarian gesture," he said.
- O Abba Father, the Israeli people in Golan are living under a fear of escalating violence, which has a definite basis in reality from what is happening in Syria and near their border. We come before You to ask that You reach out and draw them close if they will come, and remind them of all Your promises to them in Your Word. Visit them in dreams, visions, and events in their lives to awaken them fully to You as their Lord and Savior. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all sins. (Proverbs 10:12)
4. 2 BORDER GUARD OFFICERS HURT IN WEST BANK
Two Border Guard officers were lightly injured Wednesday [February 20] afternoon from stones at the West Bank [Judea and Samaria] village of Qusra. Dozens of Palestinians hurled stones at the security forces, who responded with crowd-dispersal means.
Palestinian sources say the clashes erupted after bulldozers arrived to destroy electricity facilities in the northern part of the village. The Palestinians complained that the destruction of the facilities would cut the power to some of the village's homes. The Palestinians also said that the security forces fired tear gas at the protestors during the clashes.
The clashes likely erupted in protest of the ongoing detention of administrative detainees who have launched a hunger strike in Israel's prisons. Clashes have taken place in recent days in several places in the West Bank. On Friday, protesters at a Palestinian demonstration in support of prisoners on a hunger strike clashed with Israeli troops and Border Guard officers.
The protesters specifically called for the release of Samer Issawi, who has been on an on-and-off hunger strike for several months. Issawi was released in 2011 as part of the Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange. He was re-arrested last year for violating his release terms. Israeli Prison Service spokeswoman Sivan Weizman said Issawi was under medical supervision and has not been on a consistent hunger strike since he eats periodically.
Source (By Itamar Fleishman, Ynetnews, February 20, 2013) [Reported by BFP: Bridges for Peace]
- Pray protection for the IDF soldiers that are at Israel's checkpoints. Pray that the riots in Judea and Samaria will stop.
- Deliver me in Your righteousness, and cause me to escape; incline Your ear to me, and save me. Be my strong refuge, to which I may resort continually; You have given the commandment to save me, for You are my rock and my fortress. (Psalm 71:2-3)
5. WEST BANK: PALESTINIANS HURT BY LIVE AMMO
At least two Palestinians hurt by live fire during clashes in village of Kusra; one victim in serious condition. Palestinians say the clashes began on Saturday afternoon and involved some 25 settlers and 150 residents of Kusra. IDF forces called to the scene dispersed the settlers and used various crowd dispersal means including shock grenades, tear gas and rubber bullets. There are contradictory reports of the chain of events. The Palestinians are claiming that settlers from the Shilo and Esh Kodesh outposts attacked Kusra residents and caused damage. They responded by hurling stones.
Conversely, the Tazpit news agency reported that the clashes began inside Esh Kodesh when Palestinians arrived at vineyards in the outpost and destroyed fences around them. According to Tazpit, the settlers came to defend the land and the sides soon began to hurl stones at each other.
The clashes follow a tense weekend in the West Bank. On Friday, Israeli officers forces stormed through the Mughrabi Gate after dozens of Palestinians began hurling stones at security forces. No injuries were reported; one rioter was arrested. An officer was lightly wounded by stones elsewhere in Jerusalem.
- Heavenly Father, the Palestinians seek to destroy property and violently throw stones at settlers and the IDF soldiers, but then complain and protest when retaliation is enacted from the settlers and crowd control done by the IDF. Retaliation is a natural response when provoked by damage to homes, people and crops, but the Palestinians refuse to see they provoke this. Have mercy, Lord! We rise up and bind and rebuke the spirits of lawlessness and hatred combined with intense vengeance that is integral to these attacks, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- Wait on the Lord, and keep His way, and He shall exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are cut off, you shall see it. (Psalm 37:34)
6. PALESTINIANS CLASH WITH ISRAEL POLICE AT JERUSALEM'S TEMPLE MOUNT
Dozens of Palestinians were wounded across the West Bank and Jerusalem on Friday, Palestinian sources reported, as a result of clashes between protesters and Israeli security forces. In Jerusalem, Palestinian protesters hurled stones at Israel Police forces following the conclusion of Friday prayers. In a rare move, Israeli police entered the Temple Mount and used stun grenades to disperse the crowd. Dozens were reportedly wounded after inhaling tear gas.
According to Palestinian eyewitnesses, the confrontations began at the conclusion of Friday prayers as many demonstrators marched toward roadblocks the West Bank. IDF soldiers fired tear gas, stun grenades and rubber bullets toward Palestinian protesters, who threw rocks at the soldiers. In the area around Ramallah, hundreds of Palestinians gathered near the IDF roadblock next to Ofer Prison to rally in support of hunger-striking Palestinian prisoners. At least 12 people were reportedly wounded by rubber bullets or due to tear gas inhalation during clashes with IDF forces.
Heavy clashes also reached the area of Hebron, where Palestinian demonstrators demanded the re-opening of Hebron's Shuhada Street to Palestinian residents, who cannot use the street, and also showed their support for Palestinian prisoners held in Israeli prisons.
In the last few days, tension in the West Bank has escalated. Hundreds of Palestinians have participated in a slew of protests, demonstrating in support of hunger-striking Palestinians jailed in Israeli prisons. On Saturday, a demonstration is scheduled to be held in the city's main street in support of the prisoners, while other protests are expected to continue throughout the West Bank.
- Heavenly Father, we come before You to seek Your intervention as the rock throwing Palestinian violence is becoming more frequent and widespread. We ask You, Lord, to rise up and confront them, so that they know You alone are Lord of the Universe, that Israel and her people are special to You, and they may be awakened to a fear of You, Lord! In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- Do not fret because of evil doers, nor be envious of the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass.(Psalm 37:1-2)
7. ISRAEL REMINDS: HUNGER STRIKERS IN JAIL FOR A REASON
The Palestinian Authority resident Arab prisoners currently on hunger strike in Israel were jailed for good reason, Israel's defense establishment said Friday. The reminder came in the wake of statements of concern from the United Nations and European Union. Four PA residents arrested for terrorist activity are currently hunger striking in Israel.
Samer Issawi, who has been on hunger strike for the longest period of time, was sentenced to 26 years in prison in 2002 after being found guilty on multiple counts of attempted murder along with other terror-related crimes. He was released in the Shalit deal, and immediately returned to terrorism as an active member of the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine. He was arrested when he entered Judea and Samaria in violation of his parole agreement. Subject to the decision of a military court, he could be released in March under a sentence giving him credit for time served.
Issawi's family is deeply involved in terrorism: two brothers were arrested on multiple occasions for terrorist attacks committed as members of the DFLP, and a sister was convicted of smuggling money between terrorist groups and imprisoned terrorists.
A second hunger striking terrorist, Eman Ismail Salame Sharouna, is a Hamas member from the Hevron region who was arrested in 2002 for his involvement in multiple attacks. Among other things, Sharouna took part in a bombing in Be'er Sheva that wounded 18 people, attempted to kidnap an IDF soldier, and was involved in shooting attacks targeting soldiers. He was sentenced to 38 years in prison, but was released in the Shalit deal in November 2011. He returned to Hamas immediately after his release, and was rearrested in January 2012.
- Abba Father, this reminder from Israel that the 'hunger strikers' are in jail because they were jailed before, and yet continued to partake in terrorist acts and break all previous 'release from jail' agreements. However, the protestors are hoping that their destructive and ugly actions will force Israel to release these problematic prisoners. Lord, these people appear to be 'blind' to the fact that they are just receiving the consequences which go with their actions and behavior. Awaken them Lord and put the fear of You all through them. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- Understanding is a wellspring of life to him who has it. But the correction of fools is folly. (Proverbs 16:22)
8. U.S. CONGRESSMEN SUPPORT BULGARIA ON HEZBOLLAH BOMBING REPORT
Over 100 U.S. Congressmen sent a letter to the Bulgarian government "to express our support for your recent report on the 2012 Burgas bombing - The Bulgarian report demonstrates irrefutable evidence that Hizbullah was responsible for the Burgas bombing. There is now clear imperative for action. Hizbullah's actions in Europe must be met with a response to prevent further attacks in Europe and around the world."
(Embassy of Israel; Washington, D.C.)
- O Lord, we lift up praise for this letter of support for Israel from members of the US congress. May more people awaken and acknowledge Hizbullah as a dangerous terrorist organization. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- May you be blessed by the Lord, who made heaven and earth.(Psalm 115:15)
9. HIZBULLAH MAN TRACKED ISRAELI FLIGHTS IN CYPRUS
A Hizbullah terrorist working in Europe was told to track passenger flights from Israel to Cyprus, the New York Times reports based on testimony the man gave Thursday evening during his trial. Suspect Hossam Taleb Yaacoub reportedly contradicted earlier testimony and admitted that his handler had told him to track landing times for an Arkia Israel flight between Tel Aviv and Larnaca.
He had previously explained multiple trips to the airport as the result of a faulty rental car that had to be returned. Yaacoub also admitted to being "an active member of Hizbullah," and said the group had paid him $600 a month since 2010. He told the court that he had a code name, explaining, "In general, the party is based on secrecy between members. We don't know the real names of our fellow members." Yaacoub, 24, has claimed that he was not knowingly involved in planning an attack.
President Shimon Peres called again Thursday for the European Union to recognize Hizbullah as a terrorist group. The EU has previously rejected calls to label Hizbullah a terrorist group, arguing that the group's "active political arm" makes the "terrorist" label inappropriate. Israel's Home Front Commander, Avi Dichter, derided the EU's reluctance to condemn Hizbullah as "almost a joke."
- Heavenly Father, here again is a plot to murder Israeli citizens being plotted by the terrorist group Hizbullah. Have mercy Lord! How long will it be before they are exposed for all to see, and where the EU nations no longer can say 'we do not agree that Hizbullah are terrorists'? In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- The fear of the Lord is to hate evil, pride and arrogance and the evil way and the perverse mouth I hate. (Proverbs 8:13)
10. NIGERIA SAYS ARRESTS IRAN-LINKED CELL TARGETING U.S., ISRAEL
(Reuters) - Nigeria's secret service say they have arrested a "terrorist cell" trained in Iran who planned to attack U.S. and Israeli targets in Africa's most populous nation.
The State Security Service (SSS) said they arrested Abdullahi Mustapha Berende and two other Nigerians in December after Berende made several suspicious trips to Iran where he interacted with Iranians in a "high profile terrorist network".
"His Iranian sponsors requested that he identifies and gathers intelligence on public places and prominent hotels frequented by Americans and Israelis to facilitate attacks," SSS spokeswoman Marilyn Ogar said in a statement.
"There is conclusive evidence that Berende in collaboration with his Iranian handlers were involved in grievous crimes against the national security of this country."
- Again, we lift up praise and thanksgiving that these terrorist plots, this time in Nigeria, were discovered and exposed! Thank You Lord Jesus, Amen and Amen!!
- As cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a far country. (Proverbs 25:25)
More International News
More International News
- WHITE HOUSE: SOME CAR BOMBS NOT AS BAD AS OTHERS
- MOMBASA RELIGIOUS LEADERS URGE PEACE IN KENYA VOTE
- BRITISH AL-QAEDA RECRUITS TOLD TO SPREAD TERROR TRAINING THROUGH EUROPE
- EXPERT: ISLAM DEMANDS SUBJUGATION OF CHRISTIANS
- IRAN AND NORTH KOREA WORKING TOGETHER TO BECOME NUCLEAR ARMED
- NORTH KOREA WARNS U.S. FORCES OF "DESTRUCTION" AHEAD OF WAR DRILLS
- SOUTH KOREA BRUSHED OFF NORTH'S 'FINAL DESTRUCTION THREAT
1. WHITE HOUSE: SOME CAR BOMBS NOT AS BAD AS OTHERS
When Islamist "rebels" set off car bombs and kill civilians in Iraq, it is a bad thing. But when Islamist "rebels" set off car bombs and kill children in Syria, it is --- well, just not mentioned. No statement came from the White House or State Department on the car bomb in a Damascus market that killed more than fifty people, including many children. The Administration blocked a resolution in the United Nations condemning the terrorist bombing. (Religious Freedom Coalition)
BACKGROUND: A car bomb killed more than 50 people and wounded 200 in central Damascus on Thursday when it blew up on a busy highway close to ruling Baath Party offices and the Russian Embassy, state media and activists said. Syrian television showed charred and bloodied bodies strewn across the street after the blast, which it described as a suicide bombing by "terrorists" battling President Bashar al-Assad. It said 53 people were killed.
Central Damascus has been relatively insulated from almost two years of unrest and civil war in which around 70,000 people have been killed across the country, but the bloodshed has shattered suburbs around the capital. Rebels who control districts to the south and east of Damascus have attacked Assad's power base for nearly a month and struck with devastating bombs over the last year. (Reuters)
- Stand in the gap before the Lord for this administration's silence in light of this report. Their silence is, indeed, deafening. Syria's rebels are largely made up of members of the Moslem Brotherhood and are actually coming against one of the few remaining governments that has refused to bow the knee to their control. On the other hand, President Assad has also ruled his people with an iron fist, so only our Lord knows His will in the government He would establish for the beleaguered people of Syria. Ask that the U.N. would reconsider a resolution addressing this terrorist bombing, and ask our Lord to deliver our own government from its two-faced policy regarding Islamic terrorism.
- "Say among the nations, "The Lord reigns." The world is firmly established, it cannot be moved; he will judge the peoples with equity." (Psalm 96:10)
2. MOMBASA RELIGIOUS LEADERS URGE PEACE IN KENYA VOTE
As Kenya gears up for its general elections, religious leaders in Mombasa have been using their positions in churches and mosques to encourage their followers to remain calm no matter the results of the polling. Kenya was crippled by post-election violence in 2007 and 2008, and people from all walks of life are doing their part to ensure it does not happen again. In Mombasa, a town where religion plays a big role, imams and pastors alike are urging their followers to promote peace.
As the leader of two mosques in Mombasa, Imam Abdallah Mohammed Kombo wants his followers to remember that life will continue after the elections are over. . . Pastor Ronald Makokha agrees. In his role at the Mombasa Pentecostal Church, Makokha says that he has been spreading this message to his congregation for months. . .
And according to taxi driver Lwangu Washington, people in Mombasa are taking heed. "People in Mombasa, yes, they do listen to their religious leaders because every single person [belongs] to his own community. People go to the Muslim communities every Friday - people go to the mosques. Every Sunday, people go to the churches, and they do have to listen to what the religious leaders have to say."
Kenya's general elections will be held on March 4. (Voice of America)
- Emotions are already running strong throughout the nation of Kenya, with this election only one week away now. Pray that Kenya's people will take heed to the wise counsel of their spiritual leaders, maintaining a posture of calm throughout the days ahead. May Kenya learn from its past mistakes; and may her citizens enjoy true peace and freedom in the days ahead, no matter who wins next week.
- "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27)
3. BRITISH AL-QAEDA RECRUITS TOLD TO SPREAD TERROR TRAINING THROUGHOUT EUROPE
The terrorist group now favours training a few extremists and using them to recruit other cells to carry out attacks in the West. Leaders consider it safer than people travelling to training camps in Pakistan and Afghanistan and running the risk of being discovered. It is another sign of the growing weakness of al-Qaeda's traditional strongholds.
Details of the orders emerged after the ringleaders of a Birmingham terrorist cell were convicted on Thursday of planning a suicide bomb campaign in Britain. Irfan Naseer, 31, Irfan Khalid, 27, and Ashik Ali, 27, face life imprisonment after plotting to kill hundreds of people using eight suicide bombers armed with guns. Naseer and Khalid travelled to Pakistan to learn how to make bombs and poisons. The pair were secretly recorded speaking to their terrorist cell by MI5 and the police. Naseer told his members that al-Qaeda wanted "more and more people [to] have [a] stance in Europe" so "they can start whacking you there". (Telegraph Co. UK)
- Offer praise that British security was able to locate and stop these three terrorists before they were able to complete their mission. Ask that all others in the land, now being trained in Pakistan, would be stopped too. Ask our Lord to grant His wisdom to the hard-working men and women in our own intelligence agencies, that they might have similar success in locating and "taking down" terrorist cells now operating within the United States. Pray!
- "He uncovers deep things out of darkness, and brings out to light the shadow of death." (Job 12:22)
4. EXPERT: ISLAM DEMANDS SUBJUGATION OF CHRISTIANS
Catholic psychologist Dr. William Kilpatrick is warning that Christian Americans are naïve about Islam and working towards their own extinction. 'We often hear that the true Islam is a religion of peace that has been hijacked by a minority of violent extremists,' Kilpatrick told WND. 'If that's true, why not open the books on Islam? Islam deserves the kind of inspection and scrutiny that Christianity has received for decades.' Kilpatrick, author of 'Christianity, Islam and Atheism: The Struggle for The Soul of The West,' said alarms should be sounding. 'Muhammad said that he came as a 'warner,'' wrote Kilpatrick in his book, published in November. 'Among the banners that can be seen in various Muslim demonstrations in Europe is one that reads, 'Islam - our religion today, your religion tomorrow.' For anyone who follows the pronouncements of Islamic religious authorities around the world, there can be little doubt that this is their goal.'
Kilpatrick chronicles Islam's war on Christian civilization as a war on universal human rights. He cites three factors working against all people of goodwill: cowardice or malice by secular governments, naïve Christian leaders and irreligious or atheist news media preaching indifference. Indifferentists purport that all religions are equal and valid, except Christianity. Among them are secular media who whitewash Islam's history and agenda, charging instead that Christianity is guilty of intolerable extremism." (WorldNetDaily)
- Father, we pray that Christians remain alert and on guard regarding Islam. May we immerse ourselves and our children in the Word of God to know what we believe, and why we believe. May the Church wake up and be rooted deeply in Christ Jesus.
- Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. (Dt. 11:19)
5. IRAN AND NORTH KOREA WORKING TOGETHER TO BECOME NUCLEAR ARMED
There is full awareness in Washington and Jerusalem that the North Korean nuclear test conducted Tuesday, Feb. 12, brings Iran that much closer to conducting a test of its own. A completed bomb or warhead are not necessary for an underground nuclear test; a device which an aircraft or missile can carry is enough.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's boast this week that Iran will soon place a satellite in orbit at an altitude of 36,000 kilometers - and Tehran's claim on Feb. 4 to have sent a monkey into space - highlight Iran's role in the division of labor Pyongyang and Tehran have achieved in years of collaboration: the former focusing on a nuclear armament and the latter on long-range missile technology to deliver it.
Their advances are pooled. Pyongyang maintains a permanent mission of nuclear and missile scientists in Tehran, whereas Iranian experts are in regular attendance at North Korea's nuclear and missile tests. Since the detonation of the "miniature atomic bomb" reported by Pyongyang Tuesday - which US President Barack Obama called "a threat to US National security"- Iran must be presumed to have acquired the same "miniature atomic bomb" capabilities - or even assisted in the detonation.
- Father, we pray confusion on Iran and North Korea's collaboration together on becoming nuclear armed. Set them back in their plans. Weaken their alliance with one another. In Jesus Name.
- The LORD foils the plans of the nations; he thwarts the purposes of the peoples. (Psalm 33:10)
6. NORTH KOREA WARNS U.S. FORCES OF "DESTRUCTION" AHEAD OF WAR DRILLS
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea on Sunday warned the top U.S. military commander stationed in South Korea that his forces would "meet a miserable destruction" if they go ahead with scheduled military drills with South Korean troops, North Korean state media said. Pak Rim-su, chief delegate of the North Korean military mission to the inter-Korean truce village of Panmunjom, gave the message by phone to Gen. James Thurman, the commander of the U.S. Forces Korea, KCNA news agency said. It came amid escalating tension on the divided Korean peninsula after the North's third nuclear test earlier this month, in defiance of U.N. resolutions, drew harsh international condemnation.
A direct message from the North's Panmunjom mission to the U.S. commander is rare.
North and South Korea are technically still at war after their 1950-53 conflict ended in a truce, not a peace treaty. The U.S.-South Korean Combined Forces Command is holding an annual computer-based simulation war drill, Key Resolve, from March 11 to 25, involving 10,000 South Korean and 3,500 U.S. troops. The command also plans to hold Foal Eagle joint military exercises involving land, sea and air manoeuvres. About 200,000 Korean troops and 10,000 U.S. forces are expected to be mobilized for the two month-long exercise which starts on March 1.
"If your side ignites a war of aggression by staging the reckless joint military exercises. . .at this dangerous time, from that moment your fate will be hung by a thread with every hour," Pak was quoted as saying. "You had better bear in mind that those igniting a war are destined to meet a miserable destruction." North Korea also threatened South Korea with "final destruction" during a debate at the U.N. Conference on Disarmament on Tuesday. (Reuters)
- North Korea's threats are not merely "bluster" but must be taken very seriously. Their nuclear weapons can now reach as far as Alaska and Hawaii, and perhaps to the west coast of our nation. RISE UP, MEN AND WOMEN OF GOD! SERIOUS SPIRITUAL WARFARE IS NEEDED HERE!
Take the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, and DECLARE AND DECREE AN END TO THE THREATENING WORDS BEING UTTERED NOW BY NORTH KOREA, AGAINST BOTH OUR NATION AND SOUTH KOREA. Ask our Lord to station His angelic host, creating a supernatural shield of protection for both lands. Finally, ask the same spiritual covering to be upon the believers who live (or are imprisoned) inside North Korea. May they be protected from and and all backlash when North Korea's efforts to "destroy" other nations fail!
- "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God " (Ephesians 6:17)
7. SOUTH KOREA BRUSHED OFF NORTH'S "FINAL DESTRUCTION" THREAT
South Korea's top national security official, in an exclusive VOA interview, says there is no cause for alarm amid a fresh North Korean threat to destroy the South. National Security Adviser, Chun Yung-woo, says he is disappointed but not alarmed by a North Korean diplomat's bombastic threat.
Chun told VOA's Korean Service Wednesday that Pyongyang routinely resorts to 'violent vocabulary and expressions' to issue threats of war and retaliation. So such rhetoric unleashed at an international conference is not surprising." (Voice of America)
- Father, we pray this threat will not come to pass. Foil the plans of North Korea. We speak "Peace be still", to the brewing storm. May China, - North Korea's major ally - discourage any and all threats. In Jesus Name. Amen.
- Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25) The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Lord, save us! We're going to drown!" 26) He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm. (Matthew 8:24-26)
Obama's Israel visit itinerary released
Obama's Israel visit itinerary released
US president to arrive in Israel March 20, ahead of stops in PA, Jordan;
set to make public speech in Jerusalem, visit Iron Dome battery
Jerusalem and Washington have set the itinerary for President Barack Obama visit to Israel.
Obama is scheduled to land in Ben Gurion International Airport around noon on Wednesday, March 20. He will be welcomed by a State reception which will include speeches by President Shimon Peres, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and by the American president himself.
Obama will then fly to Jerusalem directly to Peres' residence where he'll again be ceremoniously received.
He will continue with Peres and Netanyahu to Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum, where he will lay a wreath in the Hall of Remembrance.
The next stop will be Mount Herzl, where Obama will lay a wreath on Herzl's tomb as a gesture to Zionism. Obama will continue to Yitzhak Rabin's tomb, laying a wreath there as well.
In the afternoon the entourage will arrive at the prime minister's house, where Netanyahu and Obama will meet with small delegations to discuss issues such as Iran, Syria, the peace process and Jonathan Pollard.
Following the meeting a joint press conference will be held, after which the two and their staff will dine together.
The following morning Obama will depart for Ramallah to meet with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.
Obama will return to Jerusalem by noon, when he will be taken by Netanyahu to examine a model of Second Temple Period Jerusalem.
They will continue to the Shrine of the Book, where Netanyahu will show him the Dead Sea Scrolls.
The American President will continue to see an exhibition in the Israel Museum, which will show Israel's latest developments in high-tech, bio-tech, nanotechnology and agriculture.
In the afternoon Obama will address Israelis in a public speech in the Israel Museum or in the International Convention Center in Jerusalem. The Americans have requested the presence of at least 1,000 Israelis.
Later, Obama will be hosted for a ceremonial dinner by Peres.
Friday, March 22, Obama will breakfast with Netanyahu in his home or in King David Hotel.
The two will go to visit an Iron Dome battery, where Obama will meet with the soldiers manning the battery.
At 13:00 a farewell ceremony will take place in the International Airport, from which the president will depart to meet King Abdullah in Jordan.
(Source: Israel National News)
- Abba, we come to You asking for Your divine presence to be with Prime Minister Netanyahu, and President Obama as they discuss items of interest to Israel and their security. We ask for Your peace to prevail in the Prime Minister, and that You will anoint his lips and give him the words to speak on behalf of Your people. We bind up divisive spirits and spirits of intimidation that would try to bring discord.
We ask that You would accompany President Obama on all his appointments, and that You would hear every word, and expose any deceitful plans of the enemy. We thank You that Mr. Obama is finally visiting Israel, for the first time. We ask that You would, Yourself, make Your presence known to him, and we ask that he have a holy reverence for You, and that he would give his life to You. Stop the mouth of liars we pray, and keep all of these dignitaries safe from harm. In Yeshua's Name, we pray for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.
- "Indeed, He who watches over Israel with neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord will keep you from all harm-- He will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." (Psalm 121:4,7,8)
Thought for the Week
Thought for the Week
Not as I will, but as thou wilt. To be able to say these words and to truly mean them is the highest point we can ever hope to attain. Then, indeed, we have broken out of time's hard shell to breathe, not its stale air, but the fresh, exhilarating atmosphere of eternity.
-- Malcolm Muggeridge
On the Hill
On the Hill
- KEY FACTS: CONGRESSMAN FORBES ON SEQUESTRATION
- ISLAM, BRENNAN AND HAGEL
- REPORT: HAGEL RECEIVING DONATIONS FROM 'FRIENDS OF HAMAS'
- SANTORUM: "WE ARE NEARING THE FINISH LINE" (ON HAGEL VOTE)
- HOUSE APPROVES STORM AID FOR RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS
- RUBIO INTRODUCES BILL TO STOP SECRET ABORTIONS ON TEENAGERS
- CONGRESS URGED TO ACT ON PRESERVING OUR RELIGIOUS FREEDOM
- HOBBY LOBBY CASE GAINS SUPPORT IN CONGRESS
- "AMERICA'S NEW GOVERNMENT-IMPOSED RELIGION" -- FORBES
- SENATOR LEAHY DROPS WARRANTLESS EMAIL SURVEILLANCE BILL
1. KEY FACTS: CONGRESSMAN FORBES ON SEQUESTRATION
Virginia will feel the strongest blow of sequestration's arbitrary cuts. 10% of the nationwide job loss will come from the Commonwealth. Over 200,000 individuals could lose their jobs.
Civilian furloughs could leave workers with up to 20% pay cuts over 6 months.
National security spending has been cut by roughly $800 billion during President Obama's first term - not including sequestration. Sequestration would cut another roughly $480 billion from defense. The Department of Defense, which represents about 20% of the Federal budget, stands to absorb 50% of the cuts from the sequester, while 53% of federal government spending is exempt from sequestration cuts. By exempting over half of the budget from sequestration, defense takes a disproportionate share of the cuts.
There is no debate on sequestration's devastating impact on our national defense. In the words of Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, sequestration "guarantees that we hollow out the military."
Direct Action: Solutions to Stop Sequestration
Solution 1: Enact common-sense spending cuts to replace sequestration
Congressman Forbes has supported legislation to replace sequestration with thoughtful and serious spending cuts across the federal government.
Solution 2: Protect defense from sequestration
Congressman Forbes has introduced a bill to remove the Department of Defense from sequestration.
Solution 3: Delay costly implementation of the healthcare law to avert sequestration
Congressman Forbes cosponsored a bill to delay all provisions of the health care law that are set to take effect in 2014 and 2015 until January 1, 2016, and then use those savings to replace imminent sequestration cuts.
- As Congress goes back into session on Monday, come against the air of growing hysteria that has now settled upon this city. (See "Government by Freakout" in next section for more.) We have all been this way before (remember the "Fiscal Cliff" -- with the clock showing a countdown to New Year's Eve on the media last year?), and we have survived.
Lift up, too, Congressman J. Randy Forbes, that his suggestions cited above would be taken seriously and passed in both the House and the Senate. God WILL make a way for us to find our way out of this impasse; let's look up and trust Him to do this for us. It is, after all, when we come to the end of ourselves and our own resources, that we find Him!
- "I will instruct thee, and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with my eye." (Psalm 32:8)
2. ISLAM, BRENNAN AND HAGEL
Two key national security nominations by President Obama are up for confirmation following Congress' recess this week: former Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel to be secretary of defense, and John O. Brennan, the president's key counterterrorism adviser, to be the director of the CIA. Both candidates have had to address issues based on their past and current activities and associations. Troublingly, a number of questions still remain unanswered. (Intercessors for America)
- Pray that all key questions regarding the placement of these two men to high security positions of national leadership be fully resolved before any approvals to these posts are made. Pray that all pertinent information be brought forth and that full disclosure be made to the American public.
- "Truth shall spring up from the earth, and righteousness shall look down from heaven." (Psalm 85: 11)
3. REPORT: HAGEL RECEIVING DONATIONS FROM 'FRIENDS OF HAMAS'
Republican opponents of former Senator Chuck Hagel welcomed the decision by the Senate Armed Services Committee last Thursday to postpone the panel vote on President Barack Obama's highly controversial defense secretary nomination after he refused to release additional requested financial information, including details regarding compensation for speeches he delivered since leaving Capitol Hill. While Hagel has provided some information on his personal finances, he said he could not provide all of what has been requested because it was the property of private organizations that he was not authorized to disclose.
Astonishingly, however, senate sources disclosed Thursday that they have been informed that one of the reasons Hagel has refused to release the documents on his sources of foreign funding is that one of the names listed is called "Friends of Hamas." Last Wednesday 26 Republican senators sent a letter to the controversial nominee, asserting their opposition to the vote until he provided the requested information. "
This committee and the American people have a right to know if a nominee for Secretary of Defense has received compensation from foreign sources," the letter said. "Until the committee receives complete answers, it cannot in good faith determine whether you should be confirmed as Secretary of Defense." (Arutz-7)
-Pray full disclosure of the requested information will be forth coming from former Senator Chuck Hagel, most particularly that pertaining to possible financial ties to the terrorist group, Hamas. Past political statements made by the former senator are dangerously anti-Israel, in spite of his recent claims to be a friend of the Jewish state. Pray the right person will be placed in the vitally important slot of US Secretary of Defense.
- "Moreover you shall provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens." (Exodus 18:21)
4. SANTORUM: "WE ARE NEARING THE FINISH LINE ON THE HAGEL NOMINATION"
We are nearing the finish line in our efforts to stop the nomination of Chuck Hagel as Secretary of Defense. The final hurdle is scheduled for Tuesday, when the Senate will vote to end debate and move on to final passage of Hagel's nomination. I urge you to make one more call to your U.S. Senators at 202-224-3121 and tell them to vote "no" on Hagel to protect our national security.
Hagel's record is one of being tolerant to the Iranian government and organizations such as Hamas and Hezbollah, and he has shunned our closest ally in the Middle East, Israel. His views on the U.S. - Israel relationship are so disturbing that Maryland Democratic Sen. Ben Cardin's rabbi made the statement in a sermon, "From our perspective, outside of Pat Buchanan and Al Sharpton, I can't think of a worse choice!"
Senator Chuck Hagel is the wrong choice for Secretary of Defense because he would send a dangerous signal to Iran and other radical Islamic elements which would make our country and our allies less secure. Senator Hagel has not made it clear to Iranian leaders that he would use strength to prevent them from obtaining nuclear weapons and he disrespects our strongest ally in the Middle East, Israel. Senator Hagel has repeatedly sought to distance the United States from Israel and refused to support efforts to end terrorist attacks on Israel.
If the Senate confirms Chuck Hagel, they will be handing our country's defenses over to the most passive and most under-equipped Secretary of Defense our nation has ever seen.
- Pray in a "tsunami of action" on the part of the American people to take a stand against this nomination. If we pray, God will hear!
- "Your troops will be willing on your day of battle." (Psalm 110:3)
5. HOUSE APPROVES STORM AID FOR RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS
The House of Representatives has overwhelmingly approved legislation that would allow the use of federal money to rebuild churches and synagogues damaged by Hurricane Sandy, despite concern that such aid could violate the doctrine of separation of church and state . . . The prospects for the bill in the Senate are uncertain. Senator Kirsten E. Gillibrand, Democrat of New York, said Monday that she supported the measure and was working to secure its passage in the Senate. . . . Representative Christopher H. Smith, Republican of New Jersey, the bill's chief sponsor, said, 'It's unconscionable that pillars of our communities damaged by Sandy - synagogues, churches, mosques, temples and other houses of worship - have been categorically denied access to otherwise generally available relief funds.'"
The bill, approved last week by a vote of 354 to 72, had support from Roman Catholic and Jewish organizations. It was opposed by 66 Democrats and 6 Republicans.
The prospects for the bill in the Senate are uncertain. Senator Kirsten E. Gillibrand, Democrat of New York, said Monday that she supported the measure and was working to secure its passage in the Senate. She noted that religious institutions like St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church in Belle Harbor, Queens, had provided aid to many storm victims. (New York Times)
- Praise God that religious institutions are now able to apply for financial aid as they, too, recover from this and other disasters. This move will also equip the houses of faith to reach out to their communities, offering their own means of support to afflicted families. Praise God!
- "Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord." (Psalm 150:6)
6. RUBIO INTRODUCES BILL TO STOP SECRET ABORTIONS ON TEENAGERS
During his rebuttal to the State of the Union address, Senator Rubio reminded Americans that our nation "is exceptional because we believe that every life, at every stage, is precious."
Senator Marco Rubio is introducing a a major pro-life bill, the Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act, today that would stop secret abortions on teenagers. The bill would require an abortion practitioner to notify a parent before performing an abortion on a minor who resides in a different state. It would also make it a crime for a non-parent to transport a minor across state lines to evade a parental notification law.
National Right to Life originally helped develop the bill in 2005 and the House of Representatives approved it 2005 and again in 2006, but died in the Senate when most Democratic senators supported a filibuster.
In a February 12 letter urging senators to co-sponsor the new bill, NRLC said, "Parental notification or parental consent laws, consistent with existing Supreme Court case law, are in effect in more than half the states. However, these laws are often circumvented - activity that is actively encouraged by abortion clinics' out-of-state advertising in non-notification states, highlighting the avoidance of parental notification as a selling point. Only Congress has the authority to deal with this interstate activity, and the CIANA would do so."
In the House of Representatives, the CIANA will be re-introduced by Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, also a Florida Republican. During the 2011-2012 Congress, her bill gathered 172 cosponsors in the House. (LifeNews)
- Over the years, this is not the first time we have prayed for passage of similar legislation. This time, we win! RAISE UP A TSUNAMI OF INTERCESSION OVER SENATOR RUBIO'S BILL, and pray that it passes in both the House and in the Senate. Pray!
- "We know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is God-fearing and does His will, He hears him." (John 9:31)
7. CONGRESS URGED TO ACT ON PRESERVING RELIGIOUS FREEDOM IN U.S.
The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) sent a letter urging Members of Congress to include language in any upcoming funding bills to strengthen religious freedom and rights of conscience. The protections would counter the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) mandate that will force many Americans to abandon their religious beliefs.
The HHS mandate requires most employers to provide employee health plans that that cover abortion-inducing drugs, sterilization, and contraceptives-even if doing directly violates an employer's religious beliefs.
The USCCB urged Congress to implement the measures "so Americans are not forced to violate their fundamental moral and religious convictions in order to offer, sponsor and purchase health coverage." More than 40 religious liberty lawsuits have been filed by more than 100 plaintiffs challenging the mandate. (Beckett Fund)
- Offer praise for the growing number of legal challenges now being raised against various segments of Obamacare -- all of which come against our freedom to follow our moral convictions in our daily lives. Pray for protection for each and every plaintiff and his legal counsel; and ask our Lord to grant His favor upon each one when they appear in court. This battle over Obamacare is not yet over; indeed, it has just begun. Pray!
- "Let all creation rejoice before the Lord, for he comes, he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples in his faithfulness."
8. HOBBY LOBBY CASE GAINS SUPPORT IN CONGRESS
Nine U.S. Senators & Two Representatives: Religious Freedom Includes Hobby Lobby
". . . nine U.S. Senators and two U.S. Representatives, along with the Oklahoma Attorney General and 11 other key groups, filed friend-of-the-court briefs supporting the Becket Fund's challenge to the HHS mandate on behalf of Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. The HHS mandate forces the Christian-owned-and-operated business to provide the 'morning after pill' and 'week after pill' in their health insurance plan or face crippling fines. 'While any brief by sitting members of Congress is significant, this one comes from members who originally supported the federal civil rights law-the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993-which is at the heart of the mandate challenges,' said Kyle Duncan, General Counsel for the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty. 'The brief leaves no doubt that Congress intended to protect the religious freedom of those like Hobby Lobby and its founder, David Green, against federal attempts to force them to insure abortion-inducing drugs.'
The case is currently before the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals. A hearing could take place as early as this spring."
Signed by Senators Orrin G. Hatch, Daniel R. Coats, Thad Cochran, Mike Crapo, Charles Grassley, James M. Inhofe, Mitch McConnell, Pat Roberts, Richard Shelby and Congressmen Lamar Smith and Frank Wolf, the Congressional brief states:
- "Congress plainly wrote [the Religious Freedom Restoration Act or "RFRA"] to include corporations[.]"
- The federal government "may not pick and choose whose exercise of religion is protected and whose is not." (Becket Fund)
- Father God, Your hand is over every Christian person, and every Christian-owned-and-operated business to protect and guide these in their standards and way of life. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him. So God, we plead the Blood of Jesus over Hobby Lobby and its founder, David Green, and counteract any and all attacks against them. We place them under the shadow of Your wings and set up a holy wall of angels against the evil enemy fighting against Religious Freedom in the United States. We trust our God who never fails. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "For He put on righteousness as a breastplate, and a helmet of salvation upon his head: and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak. According to their deeds, accordingly God will repay, fury to His adversaries, recompense to His enemies: to the islands He will repay recompense." (Isaiah 59:17-18)
9. CONGRESSMAN FORBES: "AMERICA'S NEW GOVERNMENT-IMPOSED RELIGION"
Catholic adoption agencies have been forced to close their doors in Illinois, Massachusetts and Washington, D.C., because their religious beliefs about marriage were deemed unacceptable by their jurisdictions. A graduate student in Michigan was expelled from a counseling program because her religious beliefs about marriage were deemed unacceptable by school officials.
Christian pharmacists in Illinois were told to find other professions because their religious beliefs regarding when life begins were deemed unacceptable by the state.
Private business owners are facing enormous fines because their beliefs about when life begins have been deemed unacceptable by the federal government.
Pastor Louie Giglio did not deliver the closing prayer at President Obama's inauguration ceremony because his religious beliefs about marriage were deemed unacceptable by the administration. (Washington Times)
- Pray that government leaders will know the importance of encouraging righteous development of youth and that a healthy respect for God's ways be honored in the development of government regulations. Homosexual marriage is an abomination to God and promoting such behavior is sin. It is totally unacceptable for Christians serving in private and public organizations to allow or to endorse these unrighteous edicts.
- "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, passive homosexual partners, practicing homosexuals, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, the verbally abusive, and swindlers will not inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)
10. SENATOR LEAHY DROPS WARRANTLESS EMAIL SURVEILLANCE BILL
Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) has announced that he will not be supporting the controversial Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA) Amendments Act, which he wrote, after fierce criticism arose from a variety of groups over his revision to the bill allowing federal agencies warrantless access to Americans' e-mail accounts. The revised version of the legislation was antithetical to the original measure, which included a requirement for a search warrant.
But the outcry against the revisions forced Leahy to announce on Twitter Tuesday evening that he would "not support such an exception" for warrantless access. His remarks came just hours after CNET News published the article that exposed the revisions. (New American)
- Lift up a chorus of praise for this turn of events, which is a direct answer to prayer. Praise God!
- "The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
At the White House
At the White House (Executive Branch)
- DHS: TESTING SPY DRONES FOR "PUBLIC SAFETY" APPLICATIONS
- EPA: "FEDERAL AGENCIES WORKING TO MAKE HOMES HEALTHIER"
- USDA: $200,000 TRAINING SAYS "PILGRIMS WERE ILLEGAL ALIENS"
- OBAMA PROPOSES TAXPAYER-FUNDED "UNIVERSAL" PRESCHOOL
- ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY TOLD TO RECOGNIZE "GAY" PARTNERS AS MARRIED
- F-35 FIGHTER JET FLEET GROUNDED BY PENTAGON
- OBAMA CONSIDERS INTERVENING IN GAY MARRIAGE CASE
- OBAMA THREATENING VETERANS' GUN RIGHTS
- THE SEQUESTER: GOVERNMENT BY FREAKOUT
1. DHS: TESTING SPY DRONES FOR "PUBLIC SAFETY" APPLICATIONS
The Department of Homeland Security has announced in a solicitation to drone manufacturers that it will begin testing "Robotic Aircraft For Public Safety" at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, indicating that small spy drones will be used to keep tabs on Americans in the near future.
Last July, DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano told a House Committee on Homeland Security that the federal agency was "looking at drones that could be utilized to give us situational awareness in a large public safety [matter] or disaster." This represented an about-face of sorts for the agency, which had previously been reticent about the idea of using surveillance drones to spy on the public.
However, a recent solicitation posted on the FedBizOpps website confirms that the DHS is launching its Robotic Aircraft for Public Safety (RAPS) project and is asking small unmanned aerial systems (SUAS) vendors to take part. The drones are set to be used for applications such as "law enforcement operations, search and rescue, and fire and hazardous material spill response" and will fly for 30 minutes to two hours at a time, weighing around 25 pounds so they can be launched by hand.
A bill passed by Congress in February paves the way for the use of surveillance drones in US skies on a widespread basis. The FAA predicts that by 2020 there could be up to 30,000 drones in operation nationwide. (Infowars.com)
- We are now living the life described in George Orwell's famous novel, 1984 -- only almost 30 years later. Big brother is clearly watching us, all across the nation. Stand against the spirit of fear and control that is sweeping the nation. In Christ, we are set free. Amen.
- "If the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed." (John 8:36)
2. EPA: "FEDERAL AGENCIES WORKING TO MAKE HOMES HEALTHIER"
The Obama Administration bullied its way into your doctor's office, now it is bullying its way inside your home. Claiming a need for "healthy housing," new 2013 policies enacted by the Obama administration give the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Housing and Urban Development Agency (HUD) the right to decide the condition of your home. While Obamacare is not about quality health care, the government's new housing strategy appears to be more about home invasion than home health.
On February 4, 2013, the Obama government issued a press release on how it plans to gain access into your home. What follows is an edited snapshot of the government's planned intrusions onto and into your private property:
WASHINGTON-Several federal agencies today unveiled Advancing Healthy Housing - A Strategy for Action. White House Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ) Chair Nancy Sutley, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Lisa P. Jackson, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Shaun Donovan, Surgeon General Regina Benjamin, M.D., and Deputy Secretary of Energy Daniel Poneman discussed the new plan during an event at the National Building Museum this morning . . . The Strategy for Action encourages federal agencies to take preemptive actions that will help reduce the number of American homes with health and safety hazards . . . currently, millions of U.S. homes have moderate to severe physical housing problems, including dilapidated structure; roofing problems; heating, plumbing, and electrical deficiencies; water leaks and intrusion; pests; damaged paint; and high radon gas levels . . . The Strategy for Action unifies, for the first time, federal action to advance healthy housing, demonstrating the connection between housing conditions and residents' health . . . It is clear that unhealthy and unsafe housing has an impact on the health of millions of people in the United States," said HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan . . . "Today's announcement will help the federal government unify action to controlling and preventing major housing-related exposures and hazards."
The Obama administration through the EPA, HUD and DOE (Department of Energy) wants unprecedented control over your home. In addition to privacy issues, homeowners can expect to fork over hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to be in compliance or face stiff fines. Additional costs will be added to how new homes are built, whereas the sales of older homes can be stopped in their tracks until they meet stringent government codes. The government portends to act in your best interest. Note words, such as controlling, in the press release that reveal real intent . . .
Like Obamacare, this "action" being imposed by the government is touted as being "for your own good," whether you like it or not. The following statement by U.S. Deputy Secretary of Energy Daniel Poneman obtusely explains the push for so-called smart meters; meters that are reportedly designed to enable external control of home thermostats by government authorities: "Energy efficiency and healthy homes are inextricably linked. We cannot, in good conscience, pursue one in the absence of the other."
Selling, renovating or simply upgrading items such as air conditioning, electrical or water heaters can cost additional thousands. Inspectors will have greater access into your home through new and unwieldy code requirements. Contractors' open work permits flag your home as a target. The new federal EPA, HUD and DOE home regulations filter down to local inspectors who are required by law to impose them or fail the home inspection. Unnecessary and unreasonable code can be imposed on homeowners who find they "can't fight code." There is virtually no appeal.
- Forgive us, Father God for rejecting You as Lord of our nation in so many ways. We look to You to raise up a standard against this tyranny at the highest level, which is an invasion of our Constitutional rights granted us by our Founding Fathers who had to deal with the quartering of troops in private homes and other invasions of privacy. Help us, Father, to return to You as a nation and be able to regain our freedoms.
- "And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the Lord: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart." (Jeremiah 24:7)
3. USDA: $200,000 TRAINING SAYS "PILGRIMS WERE ILLEGAL ALIENS"
Judicial Watch has released previously unseen USDA videos revealing a compulsory "Cultural Sensitivity Training" program. A whistleblower reported to Judicial Watch that employees were required to bang on tables, chanting in unison "The pilgrims were illegal aliens" while being instructed to no longer use the word "minorities," but to replace it with "emerging majorities." Judicial Watch received the videos pursuant to a May 18, 2012, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.
The sensitivity training sessions, described as "a huge expense" by diversity awareness trainer and self-described "citizen of the world" Samuel Betances, were held on USDA premises. The diversity event is apparently part of what USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack described in a memo sent to all agency employees as a "new era of Civil Rights" and "a broader effort towards cultural transformation at USDA." In 2011 and 2012, the USDA paid Betances and his firm nearly $200,000 for their part in the "cultural transformation" program. (Judicial Watch)
- Father God, we ask that this Cultural Sensitivity Training program will be wiped out by the power of divine intervention. God, send angels who will come down and destroy this group and save the people who are being poisoned by this mind control deception and traitorous evil work. Pull up the roots of this group that it die. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "But evil men and seducers (imposters) shall become worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived." (II Timothy 3:13)
4. OBAMA PROPOSES TAXPAYER-FUNDED "UNIVERSAL" PRESCHOOL
What's the real message behind Barack Obama's call in his State of the Union speech for taxpayer-funded "universal" preschool and his trip to a Georgia preschool last Thursday for photo ops?
It's that the government wants to get its hands on our children even earlier.
From the time children are five or six years old up through their senior year, government schools run by left-wing teachers unions have them at least seven hours a day, five days a week during most of the year. (Intercessors for America)
- Pray for our public schools in your state and community. Ask the Lord to have His way in the lives of our children. Speak life into our schools through your prayers. Support the "See You at the Pole" event in your local schools. Pray for all the school teachers, support staff, bus drivers, school board members, principals and state educational leaders.
- "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." (Proverbs 22:6)
5. ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY TOLD TO RECOGNIZE "GAY" PARTNERS AS MARRIED
Equating homosexual partners to legitimate marriage, a spokesman for Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta said, "Policy for burial at Arlington National Cemetery is under review . . ."
Among sweeping changes just signed by the departing Panetta are the issuing of military ID cards, which will give same-sex spouses and partners access to on-base commissaries, movie theaters and gyms.
Other changes Panetta is pushing for are prohibited by the Defense Of Marriage Act (DOMA), which Panetta and the Obama administration have asked the Supreme Court to overturn.
This means the military will recognize homosexual lovers as "married" and will give a full slate of benefits, including burial in Arlington National Cemetery.
Panetta, at every turn, has exposed the military to open homosexuality, which presents an unacceptable risk to good order, discipline, morale and unit cohesion - qualities essential for combat readiness.
- Father, put Your hands on the Supreme Court and the Defense Of Marriage Act (DOMA) to withstand the pressure put upon them to overturn this Act. God, block the passage of any bill that would allow homosexual couples the right to be buried at The Arlington National Cemetery and/or to give them a full slate of benefits. Lord, this is great sin as told in the Bible regarding Sodom and Gomorrah being destroyed and wiped off the face of the map by God Himself. This sin will not be tolerated by the righteous God in heaven. We plead for power to come down from heaven and destroy everything that would have the stamp of approval on this lifestyle. We pray the Blood of Jesus bind and break these evil forces promoting homosexual behavior. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Even the men of Sodom compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter. And they called, Where are the men which came in to you this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them. Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven. And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground." (Genesis 19:4,5,24)
6. F-35 FIGHTER JET FLEET GROUNDED BY PENTAGON
The US has grounded its entire fleet of 51 F-35 fighter jets after the discovery of a cracked engine blade.
The fault was detected during a routine inspection of an Air Force version of the jet (F-35A) at Edwards Air Force Base in California, said the Pentagon. Different versions are flown by the Navy and the Marine Corps. All have been grounded.
The F-35 is the Pentagon's most expensive weapons programme. with a cost of nearly $400,000,000. The Pentagon said flight operations would remain suspended until the root cause is established. (BBC)
- First of all, offer a chorus of praise that this dangerous defect was discovered before a tragedy occurred. Next, ask that this inspection be thorough and correct, so that all of these jet fighters would be deemed truly safe when they fly again. And finally, sabotage: ask that, if the cause of this cracked engine blade is man-made, the military would discover who is responsible and deal with them appropriately. Terrorism wears many masks; could this be one of them?
- "For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light." (Mark 4:22)
7. OBAMA CONSIDERS INTERVENING IN GAY MARRIAGE CASE
The Obama administration is considering urging the Supreme Court to overturn California's ban on gay marriage -- a move that could have a far-reaching impact on same-sex couples across the country. The administration has one week to file a friend-of-the-court brief with the justices on the California ban, known as Proposition 8. While an administration brief alone is unlikely to sway the high court, the government's opinion does carry weight with the justices.
Proposition 8 opponents believe the president signaled his intention to file a brief when he declared in last month's inaugural address that gays and lesbians must be "treated like anyone else under the law." An administration official said Obama was not foreshadowing any legal action, though the administration was considering filing a brief. An administration brief alone is unlikely to sway the Justices but the federal government's opinion does carry weight with the court.
A final decision on whether to file a brief has not been made, a senior administration official said. Solicitor General Donald Verrilli is consulting with the White House on the matter, said the official, speaking only on condition of anonymity because the official was not authorized to address the private deliberations publicly. While the Justice Department would formally make the filing, the president himself is almost certain to make the ultimate decision on whether to file.
One day after the court hears the California case, the justices will hear arguments on another gay marriage case, this one involving provisions of the federal Defense of Marriage Act, known as DOMA. The act defines marriage as between a man and a woman for the purpose of deciding who can receive a range of federal benefits. The Obama administration abandoned its defense of the law in 2011 but continues to enforce it. Because DOMA is a federal law and the government is a party to the case, the administration does not have to state its opposition through a friend of the court brief. (Fox News)
- Father, we ask that You cause the court to stand firm against the government's plans.
- "Deliver my soul, O Lord, from lying lips and from a deceitful tongue." [Psalm 120:2]
8. OBAMA THREATENING VETERANS' GUN RIGHTS
In an apparent threat to Second Amendment rights, some American military veterans have received a letter from the Veterans Administration warning that their competency to handle their own affairs is under review, and if determined by government bureaucrats to be "incompetent," they would be barred from possessing weapons. The issue is being raised by the United States Justice Foundation, which defends civil and religious rights.
In a statement on the organization's website, Executive Director Michael Connelly said his organization is pursuing a Freedom of Information Act demand to the Department of Veterans Affairs to "force them to disclose the criteria they are using to place veterans on the background check list that keeps them from exercising their Second Amendment rights." "Then we will take whatever legal steps are necessary to protect our American warriors," he wrote. He said he's been approached by a significant number of veterans who have received letters from the VA.
Connelly noted the letter "provides no specifics on the reasons for the proposed finding of incompetency; just that is based on a determination by someone in the VA." "In every state in the United States no one can be declared incompetent to administer their own affairs without due process of law and that usually requires a judicial hearing with evidence being offered to prove to a judge that the person is indeed incompetent," he explained. "This is a requirement of the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution that states that no person shall 'be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law.'
"Obviously, the Department of Veterans Affairs can't be bothered by such impediments as the Constitution, particularly since they are clearly pushing to fulfill one of Obama's main goals, the disarming of the American people. Janet Napolitano has already warned law enforcement that some of the most dangerous among us are America's heroes, our veterans, and now according to this letter from the VA they can be prohibited from buying or even possessing a firearm because of a physical or mental disability," Connelly wrote. (WorldNetDaily)
- This action by the Department of Veterans Affairs is, indeed, a clear signal of the growing tyranny of this administration. Lift up the United States Justice Foundation as it seeks clarification of the intent, the scope, and the names of those responsible for issuing these letters. Pray that Congress, too, will take action to protect the rights of our veterans.This tyranny must stop! Pray!
- "Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end,l but establish the just." (Psalm 7:9)
9. THE SEQUESTER: GOVERNMENT BY FREAKOUT
It is always cliffs, ceilings and looming catastrophes with Barack Obama. It is always government by freakout.
That's what's happening now with the daily sequester warnings. Seven hundred thousand children will be dropped from Head Start. Six hundred thousand women and children will be dropped from aid programs.
Meat won't be inspected. Seven thousand TSA workers will be laid off, customs workers too, and air traffic controllers. Lines at airports will be impossible. The Navy will slow down the building of an aircraft carrier. Troop readiness will be disrupted, weapons programs slowed or stalled, civilian contractors stiffed, uniformed first responders cut back. Our nuclear deterrent will be indefinitely suspended. Ha, made that one up, but give them time.
Mr. Obama has finally hit on his own version of national unity: Everyone get scared together.
In a way it's all brilliant showbiz: Scare people into supporting your position. But we've been through it before, and you wonder, again, why a triumphant president and a battered Republican House majority can't reach a responsible agreement. And then you remind yourself why. Because Mr. Obama thrives in chaos. He flourishes in unsettled circumstances and grooves on his own calm. He spins an air of calamity, points fingers and garners support. His only opponent is a hapless, hydra-headed House.
Government by freakout carries a price. It wears people down. It doesn't inject a sense of energy, purpose or confidence in those who do business in America, it does the opposite . . .
What effect do all the successive fiscal cliffs, ceilings and sequesters, have on public confidence? On the public's spirit? They only add to the sense that Washington is dysfunctional and cannot possibly help us out of the mire. It shows the world we lurch from crisis to crisis by habit now. This makes us look incapable and beset.
It further sours the sourest White House-Capitol Hill relationship of modern political history. That relationship probably can't get worse-it was actually breaking news this week that the president picked up a phone and called a Republican senator-but it's not good to see no possibility of repair. (Peggy Noonan; Wall Street Journal)
- Come against the spirit of fear that has gripped our nation, and now rules many hearts. Release the spirit of grace in its place, for God WILL provide our needs, if we but turn to Him, in repentance.
Repent for our greedy ways; and ask Him to help us, as believers, to steward the resources He gives us according to His perfect will. If we follow God's way, we will not perish. Amen.
- "The Lord has not given us the Spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)
This Week, Worship Our Lord As . . .
This Week, Worship Our Lord As . . .
LORD OUR GOD
(Adoni Elohaynu )
"Exalt the LORD our God and worship at His footstool. He is holy." (Psalm 99:5)
Lord God, how I praise You for this wonderful plan of redemption that You had before time began. Thank You that You made a way where there seemed to be no way. You did it back then, and I thank You that You continue to work like that today. It is a privilege to be Your child.
"Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; Let the sea roar, and all its fullness; Let the field be joyful, and all that is in it. Then all the trees of the woods will rejoice before the Lord. For He is coming, for He is coming to judge the earth. He shall judge the world with righteousness, And the peoples with His truth." (Psalm 96:11-13)
( Source: THE NAME- HaShem: Daily Devotional Worship by Dr. Barri Cae Mallin)