Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Tuesday, February 12, 2013
"Lord, teach us to pray . . ." (Luke 11:1)
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
Today's Daily Jot can be found by going to: www.dailyjot.com or by using
The Daily Brief
1. Pope Benedict XVI resigns - live reaction - UK Guardian
He just said that he was resigning and that he would be finishing on February 28. We were all left - [he tailed off, lost for words] The cardinals were just looking at one another. Then the pope got to his feet, gave his benediction and left. It was so simple; the simplest thing imaginable. Extraordinary. Nobody expected it.
- Lord, we pray the selection of a new Pope would be someone who truly has a relationship with You, and could lead the Catholic Church in truth. Give wisdom and council to those who are selecting the new Pope. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- And they prayed, and said, You, Lord, which knows the hearts of all men, show whether of these two You have chosen. (Acts 1:24)
2. Remnants from latest missile launch reveal significant N. Korean ICBM capability - World Tribune
North Korea independently built most of the key parts of the long-range rocket it launched in December 2012, indicating that the destitute nation has the capacity to build intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) capable of delivering a nuclear weapon to the U.S., South Korean official said.
- Lord, we pray that plans to harm be confounded. May the leaders of North Korea turn their hearts toward You. Lead them in making right decisions. We pray deliverance from any planned destruction. In the name of Jesus we ask. Amen.
- Let them be ashamed and confounded that seek after my soul; let them be turned backward, and put to confusion, that desire my hurt. Let them be turned back for a reward of their shame that say, Aha, aha. (Psalm 70:2-3)
3. Venezuela devalues currency by 32% against the dollar - BBC
Venezuela has cut the value of its currency against the US dollar by 32%, in an effort to boost its economy. The widely expected measure ramps up the official exchange rate of the bolivar from 4.3 to 6.3 per US dollar. It was announced after Vice-President Nicolas Maduro's return from Cuba, where he said President Hugo Chavez gave him instructions on the economy.
- Lord, we pray You would send prosperity to Your people. We pray that prosperity would come from You, and not from man's manipulations which are opposed to Your kingdom economics. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- Save now, I beseech thee, O Lord: O Lord, I beseech thee, send now prosperity. (Psalms 118:25)
4. Israel: Ayalon sees mini-summit during Obama visit - Ynet News
Outgoing Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon commented Saturday on US President Barack Obama's planned visit to the region in the spring, saying he expects Washington to push of a "mini-summit" with Obama, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.
- Lord, we pray for a peaceful solution among these leaders. We know the end times are approaching and much will be happening. We pray for peace and wisdom in these meetings. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.(Hebrews 12:14)
5. FAA Releases New Drone Authorization List - See Who Applied to Have Them - The Blaze
Last year, alarm was raised among some Americans regarding the Federal Aviation Administration's expanding legislation for drone use over U.S. soil and the list of 63 authorized drone sites in the country. With more recent news that the Obama administration has approved drone strikes on some U.S. citizens, which some have said is "chilling" and the government saying "we can kill you," the FAA has recently released an updated list of domestic drone authorization applicants.
- Lord, we ask wisdom and direction for our leaders in using drones on U.S. soil. We pray the drones would be used wisely for defense. Protect us from legislation allowing attacks on American citizens. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man.(Matthew 15:19-20)
6. Panel votes to approve Hagel - The Hill
The Senate Armed Services Committee voted Tuesday to approve former Sen. Chuck Hagel's nomination as Defense secretary after a lengthy meeting that featured sharp exchanges about compensation the nominee has received for speaking engagements. The panel's action sends Hagel's nomination to the floor for a vote by the entire Senate this week.
- We continue to come before our Lord in travail, asking that this nomination be defeated. We ask for favor for Senator James Inhofe (R-OK), as he tries to filibuster this vote. May his attempt succeed, and may this nomination be soundly rejected. In Jesus Name, amen.
- "You will also declare a thing, And it will be established for you; So light will shine on your ways." (Job 22:28)
7. URGENT: Deputy Killed in Shootout with Fugitve Ex-LAPD Officer - AP
One police officer was killed and another hurt in a fierce gunfight with a fugitive ex-LAPD cop who remained holed up in a cabin in the San Bernardino Mountains, law enforcement sources said. It was not known if Christopher Dorner was hit in the dramatic battle that unfolded Tuesday afternoon in the resort area of Big Bear. Dorner, who has vowed not to be taken alive, was firing at police and using smoke grenades. Reports said hundreds of rounds were fired in the gun battle, and Dorner is believed to have smoke grenades and gas canisters in addition to guns. Readmore.
- Declare and decree the following Word over this crisis. His Word will not return to Him void.
For the police: "He will give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways." (Psalm 91:11)
For the peaceful end to this drama: "And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:22)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"It is good to give thanks to the Lord, And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High . . ." (Psalm 92:1)
1. Netanyahu's coalition options seen to be closing - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's efforts to build a broad national unity government suffered multiple setbacks on Monday when his potential coalition partners refused to compromise on key issues.
2. Hagel: Israel's Nukes More of a Threat than Iran's - Weekly Standard
At a 2008 event to promote his then-recently published book, Chuck Hagel expresses more concern over Israel's nuclear weapons than Iran's and advocates the U.S. engage with Iran and Syria.
3. 'Obama is coming to tell Netanyahu not to strike Iran' - Times of Israel
Barack Obama will be making his first presidential visit to Israel next month primarily in order to tell Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in person to hold off on any military intervention in Iran, it was reported Sunday.
4. Yadlin: Israel will act on any Syria arms transfers - Jerusalem Post
"Any time Israel will have reliable intelligence that this is going to be transferred from Syria to Lebanon, it will act," the director of the Institute for National Security Studies, Maj.-Gen. (res.) Amos Yadlin, told the Washington Post on Saturday.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)
1. Arrested Chinese House Church Minister Stands up for His Rights - CHINAaid News
(Shenzhen-Feb. 8, 2013) A well-known Chinese minister taken into police custody twice for evangelizing before Christmas in a public park and administratively detained for 13 days has initiated administrative litigation against the police, using the law to protect his legal and religious rights.
Cao Nan was taken into police custody on Dec. 8 and 15 while he was evangelizing at the Lychee Park in Shenzhen. On the first occasion, seven other church lay leaders who were evangelizing with him were also detained, and everyone was released the next day. On Dec. 15, eight other church lay workers evangelizing with Cao were also detained. They were released the very late the same day, but Cao was transferred to the local detention center.
2. Indonesia: Molotov Cocktails Used to Attack Protestant Church - AsiaNews.it
Jakarta (AsiaNews) - A group of unknown assailants attacked the Protestant Church Toraja Mamassa in Makassar, the capital of the Indonesian province of South Sulawesi with Molotov cocktails. The episode took place at 4 this morning and so far, nothing is known of the authors of the act and there are no official claims. In an attempt to set it on fire, the unknown assailants caused minor damage to the building. Investigators are focusing on Islamic extremist factions in the area, but there is no physical evidence so far.
Local authorities have tightened controls and the level of security around the Christian place of worship and throughout the area. Local witnesses reported that, in the night, three unidentified people hurled Molotov cocktails at the building, then they hastily abandoned the scene of the crime. The act has caused minor damage to the walls of the structure.
3. Christian Persecution Spreads in India - Morning Star News
MUMBAI, India, February 11, 2013 (Morning Star News) - Hindu extremist attacks on Christians in Maharashtra state could expand even as violence elsewhere in India grows in areas where extremist groups had not been so active, Christian leaders said.
Ram Puniyani of the All India Secular Forum said at press conference in Mumbai this month that Maharashtra is vulnerable to increased attacks on Christians after "a decade of heightened Hindutva [Hindu nationalism], especially targeting tribal and Adivasi [indigenous] communities, as they are easy targets, with little fear of retaliation."
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Madison Report
The Madison Report
February 11 - 15, 201
Fellow conservative patriots,
Most of the action this week will take place off the floors of the respective houses. The State of the Union Address will suck up most of the political oxygen this week. Most of the remaining points of contention will revolve around committee hearings, presidential nominations, and continued brinkmanship over the budget sequester. Conservatives must also beware of any new House amnesty plan that could possibly be unveiled this week. For Liberty.
The Honorable Jim Ryun
Chairman of the Madison Project
State of the Union Address
The media is already building up excitement for Tuesday night's SOTU address as if it were some groundbreaking event. The reality is that this address comes on the heels of Obama's inauguration address and a full year of campaigning. As such, there won't be much new ground charted in this speech. He will call for more tax hikes, gay marriage, amnesty for illegals, gun control, more stimulus, and more backdoor tax hikes to accommodate the climate control lobby. He will also pay homage to the Islamist 'Arab spring' governments and call for more military and financial aid.
The real test will be for Marco Rubio who is delivering the official GOP response. This is a time for Rubio to lay out a bold contrast and forcefully attack Obama at all the pressure points. Republicans are starving for leadership, and if Rubio seeks to be that leader, this is his chance to walk away from the path of least resistance and engage in hand-to-hand combat. Rubio is also speaking in Spanish, a ploy that is viewed as pandering by many conservatives. It would be nice if he'd use this as an opportunity to attack Obama on his animus towards border security, instead of just pandering with promises of amnesty. It will also be interesting to see how Rand Paul presents his case when he delivers the "Tea Party response." Unlike most SOTUs, this might be one worth tuning in for, especially to see the responses.
NORTH KOREA GOES NUCLEAR
NORTH KOREA GOES NUCLEAR
Early this morning EST, North Korea successfully tested a large nuclear bomb. The test set off a shallow earthquake measuring 4.9 on the richter scale.
This test, more than double the force of the 2009 detonation, comes on the morning of President Obama's 2013 State of the Union address. According to North Korea, the test was a response to the "reckless hostility of the United States," reported BBC.
"If the US further complicates the situation with continued hostility, we will be left with no choice but to take even stronger second or third rounds of action."
Not only does this test prove North Korea to be a viable nuclear threat, it increases the potential that nuclear devices could be made and sold to terrorist groups or nations, such as al Queda or Iran. (BBC)
- Please pray immediately for the cessation of North Korea's nuclear capacities. Pray for a "Holy Spirit invasion" bringing culture-shifting awakening and revival to North Korea. Pray for the alliance between Iran and North Korea to be broken. Pray for nuclear weapons to be discovered, confiscated and dismantled before they are delivered to potential targets or potential buyers.
- Pray for President Obama, the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Defense leaders, and our intelligence communities. Pray for Homeland Security. Pray for discernment for Congress as the Senate votes on presidential nominees for Secretary of Defense and Director of the CIA.
- State of the Union security prayer--As virtually every top US governmental leader will be in attendance, please keep vigilant watch beginning now for any security issues related to the tonight's address to be exposed and dealt with.
- Please especially pray for President Obama as he delivers the State of the Union address tonight. As of February 12, 2013, the world has just become a much more dangerous place.
(Source: Lamplighter Ministries)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
North Dakota Senate Just Passed A Ban On Abortion!
Several weeks ago North Dakota lawmakers introduced SB 2302, a bill that would establish that children in the embryonic stage must be treated ethically and with dignity. Today that bill passed and is headed to a vote in the North Dakota House of Representatives.
While this is great news, it has set up a major battle in the state as the corrupt abortion industry and their allies in the unregulated fertility industry have let loose a cannonade of lies to intimidate pro-life legislators.
This is a battle that we welcome, and we wear the attacks from the abortion industry and their allies in North Dakota as a badges of honor! The hard pro-lifers in North Dakota supported by the organization Personhood North Dakota have reshaped the public perception of abortion and elevated the sanctity of life.
As Winston Churchill said about Great Britain's struggle against the Nazi's in World War II, we say about the fight against the culture of death.:
*"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in Gods good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."
Now is the time to step on the gas!* If we can pass a statewide ban on abortion, it would send shock-waves around the nation. Become a Life*Guard today and help us take our fight for justice for the preborn to the next level. We can't do it without you! Read more.
My Warmest Thanks in Our Continued Fight for Life,
Gualberto Garcia Jones
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Savior, worthy of honor and glory, worthy of all our praises,
Jesus, awesome in power forever, awesome and great is Your name!
We will overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony.