CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Wednesday, March 8, 2017
A National Call To Fast and Pray:
March 8-11 -- Called by Lou Engle;
Published by Intercessors for America.
> > > Also, join 3 days of early morning
conference calls. Details are here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
"Standing Together as One
. . . Under the Cross of Christ"
"Now it will come about that In the last days The mountain of the house of the LORD Will be established as the chief of the mountains, And will be raised above the hills; And all the nations will stream to it." (Isaiah 2:2)
SPECIAL EDITION: PREPARING FOR PURIM
> > > Please note our special article, below:
Prayers During Purim
We are releasing this Special Edition of the Daily Brief in the early hours of March 8, to call your attention to the marches planned today in honor of International Women's Day. More information on these events, and prayer points, follow below.
"And out of his mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations . . ." (Rev.19:15)
The First 100 Days
Prayer Resources for The First 100 Days
Tools to Assist in Offering Prayers for President Trump
and his Administration during these First 100 Days
1. 24/7 Prayer Line
Sponsored by the 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Network, you can call this number anytime, day or night, and join other prayer warriors across the nation to pray for the new administration.
The Conference Number is: 712-770-4340
The Access Code is: 543555#
Please dial #6 to mute your phone.
All are welcome to join!
PrayerSurgeNow hosts a weekly call every Saturday morning, beginning at 7:30 a.m. EST. Topics are geared to time-sensitive events happening in our country, and anointed speakers are invited to host each call, bringing insight to intercessors across the nation.
PrayerSurgeNow also hosts other calls throughout the week, as the need arises.
In order to keep pace with their news, please visit their blog at: www.prayersurgenow.blogspot.com, or by going here.
PSN's Conference number is: 712-432-0075
Access Code is: 6149782#
3. Daily Devotions - Sponsored by the AsOne network.
A prayer topic, intercession and Scriptural decrees are posted daily during these First 100 Days. Please go here to find today's devotion.
4. President Trump's Weekly Address:
Friday, March 3, 2017
To view last week's address, please go here.
5. PRAYERS FOR THE PRESIDENT
The First 100 Days and Beyond
A Collection of Prayers by the People:
An Inaugural Gift for President Donald J. Trump
To read this guide to prayer, written by 100 intercessors for each of the President's First 100 Days, please go here.
6. White House Press Briefings
To view each day's press conference,go here.
The videos of these press briefings appear below the video of Inauguration itself.
Focus on Israel
1. WATCH: 'Obama wiretapped Netanyahu just like he did to Trump' - World Israel News
Fox News reported that the Obama administration allowed wiretapping Donald Trump, just as it allowed the National Security Agency (NSA) to record Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu by not telling the NSA, "do it" and also not saying, "don't do it," according to a senior official in the Obama White House. (Read more)
2. Defense minister rejects annexing Judea and Samaria - Israel Hayom
The Trump administration has warned Israel against pursuing unilateral moves across Judea and Samaria, Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman told the Knesset's Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee Monday.
"We received a direct message that imposing Israeli sovereignty in Judea and Samaria would result in an immediate crisis with the United States," Lieberman told the committee. "Let me make my view perfectly clear: We need to separate from the Palestinians, not absorb them into our territory." (Read more)
3. Abbas urged to end security coordination with Israel - Israel National News
Palestinian Arab terrorist groups on Monday urged the Palestinian Authority (PA) to end the security coordination with Israel over what they called "the murder" of Basel Al-Arej. Al-Arej, a 31-year-old terrorist from Bethlehem who was operating out of Ramallah, was eliminated during a gunfight with Israeli security forces early Monday morning.
The terrorist was wanted over his involvement in planning a series of attacks against Israelis and was also suspected of multiple attacks against Israeli civilians and security forces. When security forces attempted to arrest him during a pre-dawn raid Monday, Al-Arej opened fire at the forces, who returned fire and killed him. (Read more)
4. 'Israel Apartheid Week' begins today in France - Jerusalem Post
PARIS - Israel's ambassador to France is asking the country's mayors to reject events in their cities as the French branch of the anti-Israel BDS movement launches "Israeli Apartheid week" on Tuesday under the slogan "100 years of occupation/ 100 years of popular resistance for justice," referring to the 1917 Balfour Declaration.
"The 2017 edition of this annual meeting reveals the true face of the BDS movement: that of antisemitism, anti-Zionism and anti-Israel," Aliza Bin-Noun wrote in an open letter to French mayors published on Friday. "By presenting the entire country as a 'colony,' the BDS tries to delegitimize Israel as the homeland of the Jewish people, contrary to other governments, like the French and the British, who recognized and approved Israel as such." (Read more)
5. Knesset Passes Law Barring Boycotters from Israel - United with Israel
The Knesset approved a bill that bars entry into Israel of proponents of boycotts against the country, on Monday, with 46 voting in favor and 28 voting against.
Member of Knesset (MK) Roy Folkman, who introduced the legislation along with MK Bezalel Smotrich, said that criticism of Israel is acceptable, "but a boycott goes together with de-legitimization. This law is symbolic." He stressed the proposed bill does not constitute a dramatic change in Israel's immigration policy. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Ex-Secret Service agent: Media missing 1 huge wiretap point - WND
President Trump has caught plenty of flak from the establishment media and members of Congress for his weekend statement that his predecessor, Barack Obama, had Trump Tower wiretapped while Trump was still a candidate. Some believe Trump is lying, while others think he may have pressured the FBI to tell him about an investigation against him. But Dan Bongino, a former Secret Service agent, says there's a third possibility no one is considering.
"The Secret Service does ECM sweeps, electronic counter-measures, where they go in frequently and look for listening devices, radio frequencies, all kinds of things to make sure the president or president-elect is not being, in fact, wiretapped or listened in on on specific phone lines," Bongino revealed. The former agent, noting Trump had Secret Service protection as a candidate, thinks it's much more likely the Secret Service discovered something while performing one of their ECM sweeps of Trump Tower and later found out it was the DOJ that had ordered the surveillance.
"They've never considered the third option, that he had Secret Service protection and there was likely an ECM sweep done to check for bugs. The FBI's not going to tell the Secret Service if they're monitoring the president-elect, and if Obama or his DOJ officials wanted Trump monitored, the Secret Service probably didn't know at all."
In a series of Saturday night tweets, Bongino asserted "#ObamaGate is going to blow wide-open this week" and that he, Bongino, will be sharing more information on the Obama administration this week. (Read more)
- Father, we lift up all the nefarious plots and plans directed at President Trump and pray You would deliver him from them all. We thank You for Dan Bongino's courage and pray You would give him further insight into what has happened.
- "The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." (Psalm 34:19)
2. Grassley Pings FBI Over Report It Sought to Hire Author of Trump Dossier - NewsMax
Sen. Chuck Grassley on Monday sent a letter to FBI Director James Comey about the agency's reported interest in hiring the former British spy responsible for an unverified dossier about President Donald Trump, the Washington Examiner reports.
The top Republican on the Judiciary Committee isn't waiting to find out if the report is true or not - he wants to Comey to come clean.
"The idea that the FBI and associates of the Clinton campaign would pay Mr. Steele to investigate the Republican nominee for president in the run-up to the election raises substantial questions about the FBI's independence from politics, as well as the Obama administration's use of law enforcement and intelligence agencies for political ends," Grassley wrote in the letter to Comey, the Examiner reported. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that Senator Grassley is holding people accountable in the FBI. We pray he gets his questions answered quickly and the responsible parties will be disciplined.
- "Like an archer who wounds everyone, so is he who hires a fool." (Proverbs 26:10a)
3. Wikileaks Unveils 'Vault 7': "The Largest Ever Publication Of Confidential CIA Documents"; Another Snowden Emerges - Zerohedge
WikiLeaks has published what it claims is the largest ever release of confidential documents on the CIA. A total of 8,761 documents have been published as part of 'Year Zero', the first in a series of leaks the whistleblower organization has dubbed 'Vault 7.' WikiLeaks said that 'Year Zero' revealed details of the CIA's "global covert hacking program," including "weaponized exploits" used against company products including "Apple's iPhone, Google's Android and Microsoft's Windows and even Samsung TVs, which are turned into covert microphones." (Read more)
- Father, help us absorb the shock of these new revelations and help Congress re-assert control and oversight of these agencies, bureaus and departments.
- "When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is joyful." (Proverbs 29:18)
4. GOP senator: ObamaCare repeal bill may not have votes to pass - The Hill
Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), a member of House leadership, said Tuesday the GOP's plan to repeal and replace ObamaCare as it stands may not be able to get the support needed to pass the Senate.
"What I don't like is, it may not be a plan that gets a majority votes and let's us move on. Because, we can't stay where we are with the plan we've got now," Blunt said on KMBZ, as first reported by CNN.
Blunt, a former vote counter, said the final plan would need to be negotiated. "I think the nucleus of the plan is clearly there, and the president says it's negotiable and so do House members," he said. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for a good healthcare plan to emerge from the negotiations between the House, Senate and the President. Help them move the legislation through quickly.
- "Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard." (Isaiah 58:8)
5. Planned Parenthood rejects Trump proposal to stop abortion services - CNN
Planned Parenthood swiftly rejected Monday a proposal by President Donald Trump that would have pledged his support for federal funding for the women's health organization if it ceased providing abortion services.
White House officials recently floated the idea in private conversations, a White House official said, but it was dismissed by the women's health organization, which receives about a $500 million annually in federal funds. (Read more)
- Father, we pray the Republican coalition will hold together in defunding Planned Parenthood. Have mercy on us, Lord, help our nation repent for the sin of abortion.
- "Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done." (2 Corinthians 7:10-11a)
6. Schumer's plan to stop the wall - Axios
Chuck Schumer has concluded that denying President Trump his wall is perhaps the surest major defeat Democrats can hand the President in his first year.
Trump needs 60 Senate votes to fund construction of his "great wall" along the Southern border. Unlike healthcare or tax reform, Republicans can't use the budget process to ram the wall funding through Congress using only Republican votes.
- Schumer's thinking: There's nothing the Republicans would be willing to offer that could get Trump the eight Democratic Senators he needs to fund the wall. Mitch McConnell's only other option would be to invoke the nuclear option and bypass the filibuster. But Democratic appropriators are betting the Republican leader won't be willing to undermine such a fundamental Senate tradition just to pay for Trump's wall.
- The evolving plan, being discussed by Schumer's office and Senate appropriators: If Republicans put money for the wall into a bill, Democrats block it. It doesn't matter what else is in the bill - Schumer will make it about the wall. The way Democrats see it, if they can block the wall, they'd crush a central feature of Trump's political identity. And as the face of the strategy, Schumer would thrill the Democratic base (though less so the red-state Democratic senators up in 2018). (Read more)
- Father as the plans of the Democrats are being released, we pray that You will override them so that the wall can be properly built. We ask that our borders be secure.
- "When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then You knew my path. In the way in which I walk, they have secretly set a snare for me." (Psalm 142:3)
7. Missing their country: 71 percent of Americans say U.S. losing its national identity - Washington Times
There was an underlying sense of foreboding among Republican voters during the 2016 election. Many said they no longer recognized America, or complained that they "want their country back." Now we have some numbers.
Much of the nation agrees with this: "Seven out of 10 Americans think the United States is losing its national identity, while just 3 in 10 regard the country's identity as secure, and these attitudes are related to threats to that identity and pride in several aspects of the country," reports a new Associated Press survey, which cites three points in particular:
"Forty-seven percent say illegal immigration is threatening to the American way of life, and 15 percent think legal immigration threatens it. Seventy-one percent say the United States is losing its national identity - that is the beliefs and values the country represents," the AP advised. "Fifty-seven percent say the United States should be a country with an essential culture that immigrants adopt when they arrive, and 42 percent think the culture of the country should change when new people arrive." (Read more)
- Lord, the United States was once a great "melting pot," in such a short time it has become divided and dangerous. We pray for a return to the thoughts and hopes of our Founding Fathers, under the care and Guidance of Your Light. We pray for all peoples in this nation, that You would bring truth and remove all fear.
- "There is not fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment." (1 John4:18)
8. Obama's Top Adviser Valerie Jarrett: Her Dad, Maternal Grandpa, and Father-in-Law Were 'Hardcore Communists' - CNSNews.com
FBI files obtained by the government watchdog group Judicial Watch reveal that the father, maternal grandfather, and father-in-law of President Barack Obama's closest adviser, Valerie Jarrett, "were hardcore Communists under investigation by the U.S. government."
Valerie Jarrett, who served as President Obama's senior adviser and as director of the Office of Public Engagement and Intergovernmental Affairs at the White House (2009-2017), reportedly recently moved in to the Obama home in Northwest D.C. Jarrett was divorced in 1988 and has not remarried.
According to Judicial Watch, Jarrett's father, Dr. James E. Bowman, a pathologist and geneticist, "had extensive ties to Communist associations and individuals. The FBI files obtained by Judicial Watch show that "in 1950, Bowman was in communication with a paid Soviet agent Alfred Stern, who fled to Prague after getting charged with espionage." (Read more)
- Father, we pray for the continued exposure of those who are motivated to destroy, dismantle and transform our nation away from our Constitutional roots. Bring these people to justice for the things they have done.
- "The Lord is known for his justice. The wicked are trapped by their own deeds." (Psalm 9:16)
9. Ignoring UN, Russia and Assad continue Syrian chemical weapons and bombing attacks labeled war crimes - Fox News
EXCLUSIVE: Ignoring a United Nations report that decried the use in Syria of chemical weapons, targeted air attacks on civilians and forced deportations, Russian and Assad regime air forces are steadily continuing the same illegal tactics while U.N.-sponsored peace talks founder in Geneva.
The regime forces also seem to be refining new forms of their illegal chemical weapons. Syria researchers in London have pointed to the strong possibility that pro-regime forces have put warheads containing chlorine gas on short-range, ground-to-ground rockets as a supplement to poison gas canisters and bombs dropped out of helicopters and other aircraft. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for healing, peace and salvation for the traumatized people of Syria. We also pray for justice for those who have wantonly destroyed and targeted these civilians.
- "But as for me-poor and in pain-let Your salvation protect me, God." (Psalm 69:29)
10. North Korea says missiles were drill for strike on US bases - Yahoo News
Nuclear-armed North Korea said Tuesday its missile launches were training for a strike on US bases in Japan, as global condemnation of the regime swelled.
Three of the four missiles fired Monday came down provocatively close to US ally Japan, in waters that are part of its exclusive economic zone, representing a challenge to US President Donald Trump. (Read more)
- Father, we pray China will be able to reign in the destabilizing activities of North Korea. Give President Trump and his administration wisdom in next steps.
- "Do not stand idly by when your neighbor's life is threatened. I am the Lord." (Leviticus 19:16b)
The Daily Jot
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
Getting to the bottom of the wire tapping
President Donald Trump accused the ex-"president" of wire-tapping his campaign, setting off a barrage of sanctimonious denials from Democrats and from the ex "president." The former "president's" spokesman Kevin Lewis said, "A cardinal rule of the [sic] Administration was that no White House official ever interfered with any independent investigation led by the Department of Justice. As part of that practice, neither the [sic] "president" nor any White House official ever ordered surveillance on any US citizen. Any suggestion otherwise is simply false." The facts, dating back to the 2012 campaign, however, indicate just the opposite. In fact, the White House had routinely ordered surveillance on US citizens.
In June 2013, the UK Guardian released an investigative story on how the White House used the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to bypass the Patriot Act. The Guardian published documents submitted to the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC), signed by Attorney General Eric Holder July 29, 2009. The documents indicate the White House used this court to back door "authority" to collect information on American citizens. The Guardian reported that the broad scope of the court orders and nature of the procedures established in the documents appeared "to clash" with assurances from the White House that our telephone and email information could not be accessed without warrants.
Also in June 2013, The ACLU filed a lawsuit in the US District Court against James Clapper, Director of National Intelligence, National Security Agency Director Keith Alexander, Defense Secretary Charles Hagel, Attorney General Eric Holder, and FBI Director Robert Mueller III for spying on Americans. The suit claimed these agencies illegally obtained "a comprehensive record" of citizens' "familial, political, professional, religious, and intimate associations." On May 13, 2013, AP reported that the DOJ had secretly obtained two months of telephone records of Associated Press reporters and editors during the 2012 campaign. Wire-tapping was routine at the previous White House. CBS and Fox News reporters were also confirmed to be targets of the Administration's surveillance.
The story that tipped off Trump to the ex-"president's" wire tapping hobby was found in the New York Times January 19 article, stating "Numerous news outlets, including The New York Times, have reported on the F.B.I. investigations into Mr. Trump's advisers. BBC and then McClatchy revealed the existence of a multiagency working group to coordinate investigations across the government." There is also documentation that in June 2016 the ex-"president" submitted a request to the FISC to monitor communications by Trump, which was denied. In November 2016, HeatStreet reported "that the FBI sought, and was granted, a FISA court warrant in October, giving counter-intelligence permission to examine the activities of 'US persons' in Donald Trump's campaign with ties to Russia."
No evidence was found, but the wire-taps were continued, according to HeatStreet and the New York Times, under the pretext of national security. While the ex "president" himself may or may not have ordered wire taps and surveillance on Trump, even after he was elected, evidence suggests the ex "president's" Administration did spy on Trump and numerous other US citizens during his two terms in office. It is reported, documented and was considered routine. They are lying to cover it up. In John 3:20, Jesus said, "For everyone that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed." We need to continue to expose these deeds and demand accountability, otherwise your freedom of religion and of speech will be crushed in darkness.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
International Womens' Day
Here's What a Day Without Women Will Actually Look Like
In January, women across the world came out in droves to march in protest against President Donald Trump. But on March 8, women hope to make another point by not showing up at all.
On Wednesday, women and men across the U.S. will participate in A Day Without A Woman-a movement that seeks to show the vital role women play in both the domestic and global economy. It also aims to bring attention to the lower wages, sexual harassment, discrimination, and job insecurity that women often face.
Those taking part are encouraged to take the day off from paid or unpaid labor, avoid shopping for one day (though they may make an exception for small, women or minority-owned businesses), and wear red-which, according to Tamika Mallory, a co-chair of the Women's March on Washington, was chosen because "it signifies love and sacrifice, and is the color of energy and action."
The event coincides with International Women's Day (IWD), as well as the more globally-focused International Women's Strike (IWS). Mallory says that A Day Without Woman supports both IWD and IWS, but that the inspiration for the movement came from the Feb. 16 Day Without Immigrants strike, as well as the Yemeni-American-lead bodega shutdown in New York City.
Though organizers hope the strike will make a statement, Mallory says it's just the beginning.
"One strike, one gathering, isn't going to result in all our wants in society changes. We have to continue preserving our democracy," she says. "We're fighting on so many different fronts. Women, and people in general, are taking bold moves to ensure our voices are being heard across a large spectrum."
Bland echoed this sentiment. "There is so much systematic misogyny that is intertwined with xenophobia and racism in this country," she says. "This movement transcends politics." (Fortune)
Read more here. @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ http://fortune.com/2017/03/06/day-without-a-woman-strike-march-8/
Father, Open the windows of Heaven and pour out Your truth over these events that do NOT honor You. We pray that these young girls will have their eyes opened. We need a Titus 2 moment. We pray they not be fooled by this. In Jesus Name. Amen.
Verse to Decree:
"They sharpen their tongues like a serpent; The poison of asps is under their lips. Selah Keep me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked; Preserve me from violent men, Who have purposed to make my steps stumble." (Psalm 140:3,4)
Prayers During Purim
As we pray with Lou Engle these next three days, please consider the following:
Informed Intercession for Esther Fast
with a FOCUS on ISRAEL and the Jewish people
Background on Purim: Purim is the celebration and remembering of the story found in the book of Esther. Esther finds herself as queen to the King of Persia. Evil Haman plots a scheme to wipe out the entire nation of Jews who are living in exile in Persia by issuing a decree that they all be killed on a certain day. Esther's uncle Mordechai sends a message to Esther and tells her about the evil plot of Haman:
And Mordecai told them to answer Esther: "Do not think in your heart that you will escape in the king's palace any more than all the other Jews. or if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" Then Esther told them to reply to Mordecai: Go, gather all the Jews who are present in Shushan, and fast for me; neither eat nor drink for three days, night or day. My maids and I will fast likewise. And so I will go to the king, which is against the law; and if I perish, I perish!" (Esther 4:13-16)
Ancient Persia is modern day Iran. This ancient principality/stronghold of Persia that prevented the angel from answering Daniel's prayer right away.
Then he said to me, "Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard; and I have come because of your words. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; and behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left alone there with the kings of Persia. (Daniel 10: 12-13)
Purim is celebrated by the Jews in remembering and celebrating their deliverance from Haman, when the plot was exposed and the heart of the king was turned to protect the Jewish people and allow them to defend themselves. Purim this year is March 11 sunset into March 12.
Ancient Persia is modern day Iran. This ancient stronghold/principality is alive, active and coming against Israel and the Jewish people in this hour. We can see how this anti-semitic spirit is manifesting NOW and is on the rise.
Iran is playing out the role of Haman. Iran, in violation of the Iran nuke deal, this week, launched two missiles.
Prayer points for Israel
During your Esther fast, please lift up the nation of Israel. The Haman spirit emanating from Iran is rising up. Iran has plans to "wipe Israel off the map". Pray that:
- Clear lines of communication and cooperation are opened up between Trump and Netanyahu
- A decisive and effective action plan is developed for how to deal with the Iranian nuclear threat against Israel.
- Protection over the nation of Israel; ask that the Father loose and release warrior angels along all of Israel's borders
- Pray that any evil terror plots from Iran or her terror proxies would be EXPOSED and PUT DOWN!
We also see a big uptick in anti-semitism against Jewish Community Centers throughout the US:
*Email in From Marc Blattner, President/CEO of Jewish Federation of Portland on 3.7.17:
Jewish Federation of Portland:
Portland is not immune to the ongoing anti-Semitism in our country. Last evening, the Mittleman Jewish Community Center (MJCC) received an email bomb threat, along with Jewish Community Centers in four other states. This is a continuation of the 6-week long barrage of threats made at Jewish institutions around the country".
Prayer PointsFor Jewish Community Centers in the US and for Jewish people in the US:
During your Esther fast, please pray:
1. For a canopy of protection to be raised up over ALL the Jewish Community Centers throughout the United States. They are in just about every major city. Fresh bomb threats have been coming in even this very night.
2. Come against the Haman spirit, the ancient spirit/principality that wants to wipe out all of the Jews, to bind and rebuke this spirit, and ask for Abba to loose and release comfort to the Jewish people, protection from evil attacks, and for the LOVE of the FATHER to be poured out upon them.
3. Pray that the letter from the US Senate asking Trump to take action on the JCC bomb threats reach his desk and that Trump takes immediate and swift action to secure and protect the Jewish Community Centers throughout the US.
4. Ask the Father to show you a tangible, practical way that you might reach out to the local Jewish community in your city and show love to them in a tangible, practical way, to let them know you are standing with them in solidarity and support and brotherly love.
Scriptures to pray into:
Esther 4: 13-16
(Submitted by Laura Densmore for this Special Edition of The Daily Brief. Thank you, Laura!)
> > > To learn more about Lou Engle's call to prayer, fasting and repentance during these next three days, please go here. @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, March 5 - Saturday, March 11, 2017
(Please forgive our delay in posting this wonderful study this week.)
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
"God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the Name that is above every name, that at the Name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2:9-11)
All hail the power of Jesus' Name! Let angels prostrate fall; Bring forth the royal diadem, and crown Him Lord of all. Bring forth the royal diadem, and crown Him Lord of all.
Let highborn seraphs tune the lyre, and as they tune it, fall Before His face Who tunes their choir, and crown Him Lord of all. Before His face Who tunes their choir, and crown Him Lord of all.
Crown Him, ye morning stars of light, who fixed this floating ball; Now hail the strength of Israel's might, and crown Him Lord of all. Now hail the strength of Israel's might, and crown Him Lord of all.
Crown Him, ye martyrs of your God, who from His altar call; Extol the Stem of Jesse's Rod, and crown Him Lord of all. Extol the Stem of Jesse's Rod, and crown Him Lord of all.
Ye seed of Israel's chosen race, ye ransomed from the fall, Hail Him Who saves you by His grace, and crown Him Lord of all. Hail Him Who saves you by His grace, and crown Him Lord of all.
Hail Him, ye heirs of David's line, whom David Lord did call, The God incarnate, Man divine, and crown Him Lord of all, The God incarnate, Man divine, and crown Him Lord of all.
Sinners, whose love can ne'er forget the wormwood and the gall, Go spread your trophies at His feet, and crown Him Lord of all. Go spread your trophies at His feet, and crown Him Lord of all.
Let every tribe and every tongue before Him prostrate fall And shout in universal song the crownèd Lord of all. And shout in universal song the crownèd Lord of all.
Please go here. @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgQ9ER-fdWQ
About the Author:
Words: Edward Perronet, 1779
Music: Oliver Holden, 1793
About the hymn:
One of the most dramatic instances of [this hymn's] use was found in the experience of the Rev. E. P. Scott in India. His friends had urged him not to venture near a certain barbarous inland tribe, whom he wished to evangelize. But he went forth with high courage, never wavering in his duty, and trusting in God to protect him. When at last he reached their country among the hills, he came upon a company of these savages. Immediately they surrounded him, pointing their spears at him with threatening scowls. He had nothing in his hand but his violin; and so, closing his eyes, he began to play and sing, "All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name." When at last he opened his eyes he expected to be killed instantly. But his life had been spared through the singing of the hymn. Their spears had dropped, and they received him first with curiosity and interest, and then later with eagerness, as he told them the gospel story and won their hearts to the will of Jesus Christ.
Signs and Wonders
Asteroid '20 times closer than the Moon' just misses Earth
NASA announced that an asteroid crossed 20 times closer to the Earth than the moon last week. The 10-foot asteroid flashed across the sky at just 9,000 miles over the planet on March 2.
The asteroid, which has since been designated 2017 EA, was closest to the Earth at 9:04 a.m. above the Pacific Ocean. NASA says astronomers only detected the asteroid just 6 hours before it passed.
The good news is that NASA believes the object will not pass Earth for at least 100 more years. (WPLG Local10.com) Read more here.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]