Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, March 13, 2017
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, March 13, 2017
The First 100 Days
Prayer Resources for The First 100 Days
Tools to Assist in Offering Prayers for President Trump
and his Administration during these First 100 Days
1. 24/7 Prayer Line
Sponsored by the 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Network, you can call this number anytime, day or night, and join other prayer warriors across the nation to pray for the new administration.
The Conference Number is: 712-770-4340
The Access Code is: 543555#
Please dial #6 to mute your phone.
All are welcome to join!
PrayerSurgeNow hosts a weekly call every Saturday morning, beginning at 7:30 a.m. EST. Topics are geared to time-sensitive events happening in our country, and anointed speakers are invited to host each call, bringing insight to intercessors across the nation.
PrayerSurgeNow also hosts other calls throughout the week, as the need arises.
In order to keep pace with their news, please visit their blog at: www.prayersurgenow.blogspot.com, or by going here.
PSN's Conference number is: 712-432-0075
Access Code is: 6149782#
3. Daily Devotions - Sponsored by the AsOne network.
A prayer topic, intercession and Scriptural decrees are posted daily during these First 100 Days. Please go here to find today's devotion.
4. President Trump's Weekly Address:
Friday, March 10, 2017
To view last week's address, please go here.
5. PRAYERS FOR THE PRESIDENT
The First 100 Days and Beyond
A Collection of Prayers by the People:
An Inaugural Gift for President Donald J. Trump
To read this guide to prayer, written by 100 intercessors for each of the President's First 100 Days, please go here.
6. White House Press Briefings
To view each day's press conference,go here.
The videos of these press briefings appear below the video of Inauguration itself.
7. President Trump's First 50 Days of Action: Achieving Results for the American People - The White House
With Donald Trump approaching his first 50 days in office and with today's news that the U.S. has added 235,000 new jobs, it's truly astounding to consider what Trump has achieved in just the short time he has been president.
Here's a list of Trump's accomplishments so far. (Go here)
Focus on Israel
1. PM tells children celebrating Purim: Persians still want to kill us - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu brought his own special brand of Purim joy to a synagogue on Saturday, telling dozens of celebrating children that today, too, the Persians want to kill the Jews.
In a video posted to his Facebook page, the prime minister is seen talking to a group of children dressed up for the holiday and their parents.
"What is the Purim holiday about, what do we celebrate, does anyone know?" a smiling Netanyahu asked. "Why? What did they want to do to us then?" he carried on. (Read more)
- Abba, we ask that You raise up more Esthers and Mordecais to intercede for all of the people of Israel. We thank You for the protection of your children. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
2. 'Israelis are human waste. We must get rid of them' - Israel National News
Ahmed Daqamseh, the Jordanian soldier who opened fire on a group of students who were visiting the "Island of Peace" of Naharayim on March 13, 1997, as part of a class trip, killing seven Israeli schoolgirls justified his murderous actions Sunday after being released from prison five years early.
"The Israelis are the human waste which the nations of the world vomited up before us," Daqamseh told Jordanian media less than a day after his release. "Unfortunately, they occupy the purest land after Mecca and Medina. We must eliminate this waste by incineration or by burial," Daqamseh added. (Read more)
3. Water levels in the Sea of Galilee lowest in last century - Jerusalem Online
The Israel Water Authority data for February reveals another dry winter, especially in the North. The data states that the rainfall added only 10% of the monthly average to the Sea of Galilee and resulted in a slight increase in the water level. (Read more)
4. Abbas tells Abdullah of Trump's commitment to peace process - Times of Israel
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas spoke Saturday with Jordan's King Abdullah II to brief him a day after his first conversation with US President Donald Trump, saying that the US leader has a commitment to an "authentic" peace process.
Abbas's conversation with Abdullah, who plays a key role in the region, was their second in just 24 hours, according to the official Palestinian news agency Wafa. (Read more)
5. Israel fears ISIS chemical attack in Europe - Jerusalem Post
The National Security Council's Counter-Terrorism Bureau is concerned that ISIS terrorists might be plotting to carry out chemical attacks in Europe in the coming months.
The bureau intends to issue a travel advisory to the tens of thousands of Israelis who are planning to vacation in Europe over the upcoming Passover holiday, Channel 2 reported. The bureau is said to be particularly concerned with the possibility that, due to losses ISIS is sustaining in Iraq and Syria, foreign fighters there will return to their homes in Europe and carry out attacks along the lines of the truck attack in Berlin in December that killed 12 people, including Dalia Elyakim, an Israeli tourist, and wounded 56 others. (Read more)
6. Bridges for Peace: Israel Prayer Update
To read this update, go here.
7. Trump mulls Middle East peace conference - Israel National News
After Friday's phone call between United States President Donald Trump and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, the White House now says that a Middle East peace conference is a real possibility. The American leader sends his advisor on Israel, Jason Greenblatt, to begin talks with Israelis and Palestinians.
"The president emphasized his personal belief that peace is possible and that the time has come to make a deal," the White House said. Trump underscored that such a peace agreement must be negotiated directly between the two parties and that the United States will work closely with Palestinian and Israeli leadership to make progress toward that goal, the statement said.
The White House said in a statement that the two leaders on Friday discussed ways to advance peace throughout the Middle East, including a comprehensive agreement that would end the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
"The president noted that such a deal would not only give Israelis and Palestinians the peace and security they deserve, but that it would reverberate positively throughout the region and the world," the White House clarified. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. U.S. Adds 28,000 Jobs in Manufacturing--and 8,000 in Government - CNSNews.com
The United States added 28,000 jobs in manufacturing in February and 8,000 in government, according to numbers released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. So far in 2017 (January and February), the U.S. has gained 39,000 manufacturing jobs and 25,000 government jobs. Nonetheless, in February, government jobs in the United States outnumbered manufacturing jobs by 9,942,000. (Read more)
- Thank You God, for this amazing increase in jobs for the American people. Thank You for guiding President Trump to hear Your will for our country. God, protect our nation from its enemies and bring godly prosperity across the land. In Jesus' holy Name we pray, amen.
- "Fear not, O Land; be glad and rejoice: for the Lord will do great things." (Joel 2:21)
2. 18,762 Illegal Border Crossings in February, 40% Drop From January's 31,578 - CNSNews.com
U.S. Customs and Border Protection is hailing "a marked change" in immigration trends - a 40-percent decline in illegal border crossings at the U.S.-Mexico border between January and February; and a 55-percent decline in "inadmissibles," who present themselves at Southwest ports of entry but are turned away.
President Trump campaigned on a promise to slow illegal immigration, and he issued two executive orders boosting immigration enforcement on Jan. 25, five days after his inauguration.
CBP said the recent drop in illegal border crossings is "encouraging" because it means "fewer people are putting themselves and their families at risk of exploitation, assault and injury by human traffickers and the physical dangers of the treacherous journey north. CBP also noted that recent changes in immigration policy have prompted human smugglers to increase their fees for taking people to the U.S. border.
"As directed in my memoranda implementing the President's executive orders, we remain committed to carrying out fair, impartial and humane enforcement of the nation's immigration laws," Homeland Security Secretary Jack Kelly said in a news release. "We will remain vigilant to respond to any changes in these trends, as numbers of illegal crossings typically increase between March and May. However, the early results show that enforcement matters, deterrence matters, and that comprehensive immigration enforcement can make an impact." (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You for improving the immigration situation along our southern border with Mexico. We trust that You will overshadow our borders by breaking the power of human traffickers from succeeding in their evil treachery. We pray the Light of Jesus be on these areas and all the works of darkness be dried up. We pray in the Name of Jesus.
- "And it came to pass, that when all our enemies heard thereof, and all the heathen that were about us saw these things, they were much cast down in their own eyes: for they perceived that this work was wrought of our God." (Nehemiah 6:16)
3. Huckabee: Sessions' Call for Obama Attorneys' Resignations Is Common Occurrence - CNSNews.com
The Justice Department announced Friday that Attorney General Jeff Sessions has asked the remaining 46 U.S. attorneys who served under the Obama administration to resign, describing the move as part of an effort to ensure a "uniform transition."
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee joined "Fox & Friends Weekend" Saturday to discuss this move, saying it is not an unusual occurrence -- despite the mainstream media backlash the Trump administration has faced for the move. (Read more)
- Father, we are grateful for Mike Huckabee's words of confirmation regarding the resignation of 46 U.S. attorneys under the past administration. God, we ask that You clear the slate clean of any and all things regarding the past and bring new blessings upon the Trump administration. Lord, put up a barrier that will prevent the past from having any further active part in the leadership of our new president. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.
- "The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them has the light shined." (Isaiah 9:2)
4. WH: 'There's a Double Standard' in Outrage When Intelligence Leaks Occur - CNSNews.com
The White House complained Wednesday of a double standard in the way the media and Democrats respond to reports of intelligence leaks depending on who the target is. "It's interesting how there's a double standard with when the leaks occur, how much outrage there is," White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said, adding, "I think it's interesting how different subjects are approached."
Spicer was asked to confirm whether there was a criminal investigation into the alleged theft of cyber tools from the CIA by Wikileaks, which alleged that the intelligence agency can hack into smart TVs, cell phones, and other devices to spy on Americans. Spicer said he could not confirm the "authenticity" of the report's claims. (Read more)
- Lord God, we pray that You will cause truth to prevail and the ungodly activities and reports be stopped by the manipulators of the media. God, we ask that the stolen cyber tools will be of little benefit because You will remove the hackers' ability to spy on the American population. Father, You are in full control of this situation and we pray that You will scramble the lines of communication to spy to the point that information cannot be transmitted. We pray in Jesus' Name.
- "The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows them that trust in Him." (Nahum 1:7)
5. Four times Republicans faced outrage for things Dems did first - Fox News
Since President Trump's inauguration, Republicans have triggered a steady churn of outrage from the left over perceived gaffes, errors and omissions. Some of it has been rightly deserved (see: erroneous Trump tweet on Gitmo prisoners). Some of the desk-thumping, however, has more than a hint of hypocrisy -- as that outrage machine was largely silent when similar comments were made by the Obama administration.
Here are just a few examples of statements met with thunderous criticism when uttered by Republicans, yet crickets when made by Democrats . . . (Read more)
- Lord, Your word tells us to live in unity. We pray that people will stop throwing ugly hatchet (words) and realize that You created all people. Show them Your ways to live in unity and cut them down when they stir continued outrage against anything. What was acceptable for the last president should be more than acceptable for President Trump who speaks truth. There is only one way to unity and that is through You, Jesus. Let Your peace flow through our people that all will live in unity. Thank you for loving us. In Your Name, amen.
- "Behold, how good and how pleasant it is For brethren to dwell together in unity!" (Psalm 133:1)
6. IS conflict: US sends Marines to support Raqqa assault - BBC News
The US has sent 400 additional troops to Syria to support an allied local force aiming to capture the so-called Islamic State stronghold of Raqqa. They include Marines, who arrived in the past few days. US special forces are already in Syria. Meanwhile, US-led coalition air strikes killed 20 civilians - including children - near the city, reports say.
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is to host talks with coalition members ahead of an expected assault on Raqqa. Foreign ministers and senior officials from 68 nations and international organisations had been invited to attend a two-day gathering in Washington beginning on 22 March, the state department said.
"Secretary Tillerson has been crystal clear that defeating Isis (IS) is the state department's top priority in the Middle East," acting state department spokesman Mark Toner said. (Read more)
- Father, praises to You for placing Rex Tillerson in the position of US Secretary of State. Our nation's military has been reduced to the bare minimum in the last eight years. ISIS has run to and fro doing whatever horrible acts they please and have have felt no threat by the US to stop them. Thank you, Lord, for a President and for a Secretary of State that stand for the protection of our "One Nation under God." Give Your angelic forces assignments that will protect these gentlemen as well as the men and women who bravely serve our country to take down ISIS and all other evil in the world. Protect the innocent in all nations and let them come to know You as their Lord and Savior. In Your precious and holy name we pray, amen.
- " . . . now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them."
7. Iran says ballistic missile capable of hitting ships tested successfully - CBS News
Iran's Revolutionary Guard has successfully tested a ballistic missile, Iran's semi-official Fars news agency reported Thursday.
The report quotes Gen. Amir Ali Hajizadeh, chief of the Guard's airspace division, as saying the missile destroyed a target from a distance of 155 miles. It said the sea-launched ballistic missile dubbed Hormuz 2 was tested last week.
The Hormuz 2 is capable of hitting floating targets with high accuracy within a range of 186 miles, Fars said. It provided no additional details.
Iran's claim comes just three days after the most recent close encounter between U.S. and Iranian military vessels in the Strait of Hormuz, a vital strategic waterway that is effectively the entranceway to the Persian Gulf. Nearly a third of all international oil trade by sea passes through the strait. (Read more)
- Father in heaven, we pray that the hand of our God be upon the Strait of Hormuz so that the international oil trade by sea be protected by a host of heavenly angels. We ask You, dear Lord, to cause all of their missiles to consistently misfire, falling into the sea and harming no one. It is written that the wicked shall not prevail because they were defeated at the Cross of Christ. Lord, show Yourself strong in protecting normal business through this strait. We ask and pray in the Name of Jesus.
- "Let their way be dark and slippery; and let the angel of the Lord persecute them." (Psalm 35:6)
8. North Korea could have missile capable of striking US in 'the next few years' - Fox News
A former CIA official made an alarming statement about North Korea's ability to strike the U.S. with a ballistic missile. Bruce Klingner, a former CIA deputy division chief for Korea, said the isolated nation is closer than people realize to developing a nuclear missile that could cross the ocean and strike the U.S. "We can expect an [intercontinental ballistic missile] test this year with full capability within the next few years," Klingner told Fox News.
North Korea has provoked the world by firing ballistic missiles in defiance of a United Nations Security Council resolution prohibiting the country from doing so. And those tests have sparked global fear that North Korea could soon attack foreign countries with nuclear weaponry. (Read more)
- Father God, North Korea has always bullied in every way they can to put fear in nations. We say, " NO to fear from them because that is not the spirit that You have put in us." Let any and all plans to send ballistic missiles or any kind of destruction by these evil people be turned back on them with no harm to our nation. Melt the cold, hard and evil hearts of North Korea's leaders as they find their way to You. Thank You for hearing our prayers. Amen.
- "And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet." (Matthew 24:6)
9. 61st session of the Commission on the Status of Women, 13-24 March 2017
The sixty-first session of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW61) will take place at the United Nations Headquarters in New York from 13 to 24 March 2017. This year, the CSW61 will focus on "Women's economic empowerment in the changing world of work". The emerging issue will be "The empowerment of indigenous women". (Read more)
- Lord God, we come against any agenda that is to be brought forth during this U.N. Conference that goes against Your will for women. Lord God, when You walked among us, You elevated women to their rightful position in society - a position of honor and dignity. We call forth voices of righteousness at the U.N. this week who will speak on behalf of the well-being of women, choosing life instead of abortion, and pro-family values instead of the LGBT agenda. Thank You, Lord, amen and amen.
- "The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous." (Proverbs 15:29)
10. Nor'easter to unleash heavy snow from DC to Boston as winter strikes back - Accuweather
A major nor'easter threatens to shut down travel due to heavy snow and strong winds from Washington, D.C., to New York City and Boston early next week as winter's revenge continues. "A widespread snowfall of 6 inches is likely with localized amounts over 12 inches in the Northeast," according to AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Brett Anderson.
This amount of snow over such a broad, heavily populated area could bring travel to a standstill as snow clogs streets and highways and heavy snow and wind trigger airline delays and flight cancellations. Some flights have already been canceled in advance of the storm. (Read more)
- Father, we ask the You keep all safe who are now in the path of this emerging and growing storm system. Lord, wherever possible, let this snow turn to rain. We pray, too, for the protection of the electrical grid in all affected areas, amen.
- "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us." (I John 5:14)
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
THE CHURCH'S ONE FOUNDATION
"No one can lay any foundation other than the one that has been laid; that foundation is Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 3:11)
"No one can lay any foundation other than the one that has been laid; that foundation is Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 3:11)
The Church's one foundation Is Jesus Christ her Lord, She is His new creation By water and the Word. From Heav'n He came and sought her To be His holy bride; With His own blood He bought her And for her life He died.
She is from every nation, Yet one o'er all the earth; Her charter of salvation, One Lord, one faith, one birth; One holy name she blesses, Partakes one holy food, And to one hope she presses, With every grace endued.
The Church shall never perish! Her dear Lord to defend, To guide, sustain, and cherish, Is with her to the end: Though there be those who hate her, And false sons in her pale, Against both foe or traitor She ever shall prevail.
Though with a scornful wonder Men see her sore oppressed, By schisms rent asunder, By heresies distressed: Yet saints their watch are keeping, Their cry goes up, "How long?" And soon the night of weeping Shall be the morn of song!
'Mid toil and tribulation, And tumult of her war, She waits the consummation Of peace forevermore; Till, with the vision glorious, Her longing eyes are blest, And the great Church victorious Shall be the Church at rest.
Yet she on earth hath union With God the Three in One, And mystic sweet communion With those whose rest is won, With all her sons and daughters Who, by the Master's hand Led through the deathly waters, Repose in Eden land.
O happy ones and holy! Lord, give us grace that we Like them, the meek and lowly, On high may dwell with Thee: There, past the border mountains, Where in sweet vales the Bride With Thee by living fountains Forever shall abide!
Please go here.
(The Choir of King's College Cambridge)
About the Author:
Words: Samuel J. Stone, 1866
Music: Samuel S. Wesley, 1864
Signs and Wonders
Two decades later, 'Phoenix Lights' remains a mystery
It's a date many people will remember, as it is the night the so-called "Phoenix Lights" event took place. 20 years ago. In the two decades since that mysterious night, there have been lots of theories over the light's origins.
Some say it was military flares.
Some say it was hot air balloons.
Those who believe in the theory that extraterrestrial beings were behind the Phoenix Lights also endure ridicule from skeptics who say otherwise. The sightings that night would become the subject of a book, as well as a documentary, by Phoenix physician Lynne Kitei. She was a witness to the Phoenix Lights. She saw the lights from her Paradise Valley home, and snapped some photographs.
"I have no idea what they were," said Kitei.
It took Kitei seven years to come forward. Those who first talked about the Phoenix Lights suffered because of it. Former Phoenix City Councilwoman Frances Barwood was the first public official to draw attention to the Phoenix Lights. Now living near Prescott, Barwood asked about the sights at a City Council meeting, weeks after the lights appeared. . . (Read more)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Talk about 'Women's Day!'
Here are Some Modern Day "Esthers" Who Are "Turning the Tables"
on Evil Leaders
Modern-day Iran is part of ancient Persia and its threat against Israel bears all the hallmarks of the Haman spirit, with successive leaders promising to wipe the Jewish state off the map and underscoring their saber-rattling by boasting of missiles capable of reaching Tel Aviv in seven minutes. And all the time they continue to work towards nuclear capability. But, as with Haman, their plans will be ultimately brought back on their own heads as the Bible makes clear that, in the last days, many nations will attack Israel and come under God's judgment as a result. (See Joel 3:2 & Zechariah 14:2)
Thankfully, some modern-day Esthers are standing up to the bullyboys. America's new Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley, speaking of that body's Security Council, says its "double standards are breathtaking." Declaring that the U.S. was determined to stand up to the UN's anti-Israel bias, she said the prejudiced approach to Israeli-Palestinian issues "bears no relationship to the reality of the world around us." (The Trump administration has indicated that it may pull America out of the UN Human Rights Council due to its Israel bias, which even outgoing Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has admitted to have been the case).
Also showing Esther-like qualities is America's new First Lady Melania Trump who boldly led a Florida rally in the Lord's Prayer. Watching an old Hollywood movie on the subject, One Night with the King, reminded me of how, just after retiring from full-time work in the newspaper industry, I felt the Lord say that I had been called to the Kingdom "for such a time as this," confirming an earlier call to be a "helper of Israel" in these last days by writing the truth about Middle Eastern affairs.
(Breaking Christian News) Read more.
Sounds of healing - Julie True
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]