CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Thursday, March 23, 2017
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, March 23, 2017
"Standing Together as One
. . . Under the Cross of Christ"
The First 100 Days
Prayer Resources for The First 100 Days
Tools to Assist in Offering Prayers for President Trump
and his Administration during these First 100 Days
1. 24/7 Prayer Line
Sponsored by the 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Network, you can call this number anytime, day or night, and join other prayer warriors across the nation to pray for the new administration.
The Conference Number is: 712-770-4340
The Access Code is: 543555#
Please dial #6 to mute your phone.
All are welcome to join!
PrayerSurgeNow hosts a weekly call every Saturday morning, beginning at 7:30 a.m. EST. Topics are geared to time-sensitive events happening in our country, and anointed speakers are invited to host each call, bringing insight to intercessors across the nation.
PrayerSurgeNow also hosts other calls throughout the week, as the need arises.
In order to keep pace with their news, please visit their blog at: www.prayersurgenow.blogspot.com, or by going here.
PSN's Conference number is: 712-432-0075
Access Code is: 6149782#
3. Daily Devotions - Sponsored by the AsOne network.
A prayer topic, intercession and Scriptural decrees are posted daily during these First 100 Days. Please go here to find today's devotion.
4. President Trump's Weekly Address:
Friday, March 17, 2017
To view last week's address, please go here.
5. PRAYERS FOR THE PRESIDENT
The First 100 Days and Beyond
A Collection of Prayers by the People:
An Inaugural Gift for President Donald J. Trump
To read this guide to prayer, written by 100 intercessors for each of the President's First 100 Days, please go here.
6. White House Press Briefings
To view each day's press conference,go here.
The videos of these press briefings appear below the video of Inauguration itself.
7. TRUMP'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS: THE FIRST 50 DAYS
The astounding list of achievements
(Dated March 10, 2017)
With Donald Trump approaching his first 50 days in office and with today's news that the U.S. has added 235,000 new jobs, it's truly astounding to consider what Trump has achieved in just the short time he has been president. To view a list of Trump's accomplishments so far, go here.
8. White House Announces New Transparency Measure - Charisma News
With so many millionaires and billionaires working in the Trump administration, Democrats-with the help of the liberal mainstream media-have made a concerted effort of calling into question the motives of those President Donald Trump has appointed to serve in high-level positions in government.
A new measure announced Wednesday by the White House will likely address many of those concerns, although as complicated as it has been for many Trump nominees to extricate themselves from their vast personal wealth, it might create entirely new headaches, as well. But, the president promised real transparency from his administration.
The White House statement reads:
Fulfilling the President's commitment to ensure an ethical and transparent government, on March 31, 2017, the White House will be making the U.S. Office of Government Ethics Form 278 financial disclosure reports filed by high-level officials in the White House Office available to the public.
Additionally, in the future, members of the public will be able to make requests through an online portal and receive access to the public financial disclosure reports of officials who have filed their form at least 30 days prior to the date of the request." (Read more)
9. Trump Makes Next Move to Shape Federal Judiciary - The Daily Signal
President Donald Trump has tapped a federal district judge from his list of potential Supreme Court picks to be his first nominee to a federal appellate court-putting Trump slightly behind President Barack Obama, but ahead of President George W. Bush in shaping the judiciary.
The White House announced Tuesday that Trump intended to nominate U.S. District Judge Amul R. Thapar to serve as a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit.
Thapar, son of Indian-American immigrants and a former federal prosecutor, now serves as a federal judge in the Eastern District of Kentucky. Bush appointed him in 2008. (Read more)
- Father, we pray President Trump will take advantage of every opportunity to reestablish justice throughout our court system.
- "Be very careful, then, how you live-not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15-16)
10. President Trump's New Nominee for Key National Security Position - BCN
David J. Glawe is a career civil servant who is among the best in his field to lead intelligence gathering efforts in the Department of Homeland Security.
President Donald Trump announced Monday afternoon, he has nominated Assistant Commissioner for Intelligence David J. Glawe of U.S. Customs and Border Protection to be the new undersecretary for intelligence and analysis at the Department of Homeland Security. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for the quick confirmation of David Glawe, and that his leadership at the Department of Homeland Security would improve the safety and security of our nation.
- "Do you see any truly competent workers? They will serve kings rather than working for ordinary people." (Proverbs 22:29)
Focus on Israel
1. Syrian rebels report fresh Israeli airstrikes near Damascus - Times of Israel
Israeli jets were reported to have carried out airstrikes near the Syrian capital early Wednesday, hours after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed to continue hitting weapons convoys and rebuffed claims Russia had ordered the strikes halted.
Syrian opposition news outlets reported that the airstrikes took place in the Mount Qasioun region near Damascus overnight. (Read more)
2. Gov't prepared to evacuate hundreds of thousands from northern border in a war - Jerusalem Post
The Home Front Command has a contingency plan to evacuate hundreds of thousands of residents who live on the border with Lebanon, a senior IDF officer in the command told The Jerusalem Post on Wednesday.
Close to a million Israelis live in the North; an estimated quarter of a million could be evacuated in case a war breaks out with Hezbollah. (Read more)
3. IDF chief: Terror tunnels don't pose strategic or existential threat to Israel - Israel Hayom
Hamas' grid of terror tunnels does not pose a strategic or existential threat to Israel, IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Gadi Eizenkot told the Knesset Control Committee on Wednesday.
The committee has been holding a series of hearings on State Comptroller Yosef Shapira's report on 2014's Operation Protective Edge in the Gaza Strip.
"The threat posed by terror tunnels is very serious, but it's neither a strategic threat nor an existential one," Eizenkot said. (Read more)
- Father God, we pray that the IDF would have open eyes and ears to defend Israel. We ask that You give them wisdom and revelation against the plans of the enemy. We pray that You protect them from any pride or arrogance that would prevent them from protecting Israel. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
4. Hamas's Gaza chief vows to 'liberate all of Palestine' - Times of Israel
Hamas's leader in the Gaza Strip said on Wednesday that the terror group will not cease its conflict with Israel until "the liberation of all of Palestine."
Speaking at an event marking the anniversary of the death of Hamas founder Ahmed Yassin, who was killed in an Israeli airstrike in 2004 in Gaza City, Yahya Sinwar said Hamas would not allow the State of Israel to exist on even a "morsel" of land.
"Hamas will continue in the path of Yassin for the liberation of all of Palestine - we will not surrender even a morsel" of the land, Hebrew media reports quoted Sinwar as saying. (Read more)
5. BDS Founder Omar Barghouti Arrested for Tax Fraud - Breaking Israel News
Israeli authorities have arrested Omar Barghouti, co-founder of the anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement, for evading taxes on $700,000 of his income.
The Israeli business news outlet Globes reported that Barghouti "is suspected of evading taxes on some $700,000 that he earned between 2007 to 2017 while serving as the director of the Ramallah-based National Computing Resources, which markets and rents ATMs and other technology within the Palestinian Authority." (Read more)
- Abba, we know that we reap what we sow. We pray for the Omar Barghouti and ask that You convict him of his wrong doings, his attitude toward Israel, and any plans of malicious intent that he has had a part in. We pray for mercy for him. We pray for his salvation. Work mightily in his life to bring glory to Your name. In Yeshua's name, amen.
6. What Was Daily Life Like for Jesus? We Now Have a Better Idea - Breaking Christian News
"Nowadays we can restore in a very clear way the daily life during that period, from the moment of birth, through the person's life, Hisdining customs, where he travelled across the land, and until his day of death including his burial," Gideon Avni told AFP. "Over the past 20 years we have made a great leap in understanding the way of life of Jesus and his contemporaries." (Read more)
7. Insight for Intercessors
To read this week's report, please go here.
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. BREAKING: GOP leaders delay ObamaCare replacement vote, amid opposition - Fox News
Republican leaders canceled a vote in the House on the plan to replace ObamaCare Thursday, after leadership's attempts to lobby enough votes apparently failed -- a major setback for House Speaker Paul Ryan and President Trump.
Trump and Republican leaders had spent much of the day scrambling to get both moderates and conservatives on board with the increasingly unpopular legislation.
"We have not gotten enough of our members to get to yes at this point under what we have now," House Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows, R-N.C., told reporters. When asked if this was a loss for the president, Meadows said: "Absolutely not." (Read more)
- Father, we pray this whole process regarding AHCA will lead to a truly great solution for our nation. Help our leaders come into agreement for the benefit of the American people.
- "We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance." (Romans 5:3)
2. BREAKING: Democrats will filibuster Gorsuch, says senate minority leader - LifeSite News
Senate Minority Leader Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-NY, plans to lead a Democrat filibuster of Supreme Court nominee Judge Neil Gorsuch. "After careful deliberation, I have concluded that I cannot support Judge Neil Gorsuch's nomination to the Supreme Court," Schumer said this morning. "His nomination will have a cloture vote. He will have to earn 60 votes for confirmation. My vote will be 'no' and I urge my colleagues to do the same."
This means Republicans will need to convince eight Democrats to vote in favor of confirming Gorsuch. If they are able to do that, Gorsuch will have 60 votes, a requirement for overcoming a filibuster.
Republicans may (yet) change procedural rules so that Gorsuch only needs 51 votes to be confirmed. (Read more)
- Father God, we ask only for Your perfect will to be done in the pending Senate vote to confirm Judge Neil Gorsuch as the next Justice to be seated on the Supreme Court of the United States of America. We submit all the actions of "our" Supreme Court to "Your" Supreme Court in heaven, in Your name, amen.
- "Consider what you are doing, for you do not judge for man but for the Lord who is with you when you render judgment. Now then let the fear of the Lord be upon you; be very careful what you do." (2 Chr. 19:6-7 NASB)
3. CBO releases new score for ObamaCare repeal bill - The Hill
The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) on Thursday released a new score for a revised plan to repeal and replace ObamaCare that Republican leaders are struggling to pass in the House.
The CBO found that this version of the healthcare plan contains significantly less deficit reduction than the original but would lead to essentially the same levels of coverage losses and premium increases. (Read more)
- Father, as Congress continues to struggle with this complex issue, we ask for clarity on behalf of all parties involved, for we know that You are not a God of confusion, but of peace, amen.
- "For God is not a God of confusion but of peace . . ." (I Corinthians 14:33)
4. How Team Trump's 'unmasking' by intel community may reveal illegal actions by Obama officials - Washington Times
Trump presidential transition officials had their communications monitored and "unmasked" by the intelligence community, the chairman of the House intelligence committee said Wednesday, offering the first major piece of evidence of possible illegal activity by Obama officials against Donald Trump as president-elect.
Rep. Devin Nunes, California Republican, said Mr. Trump's own communications might have been monitored. (Read more)
- Father we pray You would continue to reveal truth and expose all wrongdoing throughout our government. We pray people would be held accountable for things they have done.
- "Therefore do not fear them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. " (Matthew 10:26)
5. Rape focuses critical attention on 'sanctuary' states - Fox News
The rape of a 14-year-old girl last week in a boys' bathroom of a Maryland high school, for which two immigrants have been charged, has fueled opposition to officials making the state a sanctuary for illegal immigrants.
One suspect in last Thursday's attack is 17; the other is 18. Both were enrolled as freshman because of their weak English language skills. The two suspects, who were enrolled in Rockville's Montgomery High School, are from Central America.
Four days after the rape, Maryland's House of Delegates passed legislation to join states like California in becoming a "sanctuary state," affording illegal criminal aliens additional protections and making it more difficult to deport them or ask about immigration status. (Read more)
- Father, we pray this young girl would be restored by the power of Your Holy Spirit, and we pray these men would come to repentance for the evil thing they have done.
- "He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous, both of them alike are an abomination to the Lord." (Proverbs 17:15)
6. Tillerson: Anti-IS Coalition 'United' in Stopping Terror Group - VOA
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Wednesday that U.S. policy is to "destroy and demolish" Islamic State, but that this could not happen if allies did not commit adequate funds and resources.
"The success of our mission depends on the continual devotion to our stated objective of defeating this terrorist organization," he said, addressing a meeting in Washington of foreign ministers and senior officials from the Global Coalition to counter Islamic State. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for a coordinated response to ISIS from these coalition members. May these nations be successful in eliminating this threat.
- "They are confident and fearless and can face their foes triumphantly. They share freely and give generously to those in need. Their good deeds will be remembered forever. They will have influence and honor." (Psalm 112:8-9)
7. Culprit in Bomb Threats to Jewish Centers in U.S. and Around the World is Finally Caught - Times of Israel
A Jewish Israeli teenager, 19, has been arrested on suspicion of issuing dozens of fake bomb threats against Jewish institutions in North America and elsewhere in recent months, police said on Thursday.
According to police, he used advanced voice-altering technology to call in fake bomb threats to Jewish community centers in the US, Australia, New Zealand, and Israel.
Sources confirmed the suspect is a dual US-Israeli citizen. He was exempted from the mandatory IDF service after recruiters deemed him unfit for military service, according to the Haaretz Daily. (Read more)
- Glory, Hallelujah, Father! We continue to come against any and all antisemitic actions in our nation. Help us to learn how to reach out to our dear Jewish friends, here and in Israel, dear Lord . . . especially as we now approach the upcoming season of Passover. Praise God, amen.
- " . . . whoever touches you (Israel) touches the apple of his eye . . ." (Zechariah 2:8)
8. Utah man killed, wife injured in London attack - The Hill
A man from Utah was killed and his wife injured in the terror attack Wednesday in London.
A spokesman for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Thursday confirmed the death of Kurt Cochran, KSL.com reported. Melissa Cochran "received serious injuries in the attack" and is being treated at an area hospital.
"Our family is heartbroken to learn of the death of our son-in-law, Kurt W. Cochran, who was a victim of Wednesday's terrorist attack in London," Melissa Cochran's brother and family spokesman Clinton Payne said in a statement. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for the Cochran family to be comforted as they mourn their loss and for Melissa Cochran to completely recover from her injuries.
- "For I will restore you to health and I will heal you of your wounds,' declares the Lord" (Jeremiah 30:17a)
9. London rampage: 8 detained on suspicion of preparing terror attacks - Fox News
The eight people arrested after lone attacker Khalid Masood killed four people outside of the British parliament are suspected of preparing terrorist attacks, London police said on Thursday.
In a statement, Scotland Yard officials they were still searching properties in Wales, the central city of Birmingham and east London.
The eight people were arrested in early-morning raids in London and Birmingham, located about 130 miles north of the British capital.
Police said all eight were held on "suspicion of preparation of terrorist acts," but did not elaborate further. (Read more)
- Father, we praise You for these "pre-emptive" answers to prayer! Glory, glory, glory! May this wave of arrests continue throughout the nations of Europe, and in Israel and in America, until all danger has passed. We ask for this miracle, Lord, in Your Name, amen.
- "Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you." (Jeremiah 32:17)
10. Terrorist Stopped in the Act in Belgium, Carrying Out London-Style Strike - CBN News
Belgian authorities have raised security in the port of Antwerp after a car with French license plates drove at high speed through a busy shopping street, forcing pedestrians to jump out of the way.
The federal prosecutor's office said the car was intercepted late Thursday morning at the port docks and a Frenchman living in France was arrested. Authorities then raised security in the center of town, in places where people normally gather.
In the car, authorities said they found knives, a shotgun and a gas can with an unknown liquid.
The office said "because of these elements, and the events in London yesterday, the case is being taken on by the federal prosecutor's office," which usually deals with extremist attacks. (Read more)
- Father God, tonight we thank You for this good news! Thank You, Lord, that this man was stopped. May Your Hand continue to rest upon all who are in authority in our nation and in Europe, who are charged with identifying and stopping these attacks before they take place. Thank You, Lord, amen.
- "The wicked have drawn the sword and bent their bow to cast down the afflicted and the needy, to slay those who are upright in conduct. Their sword will enter their own heart, and their bows will be broken." (Psalm 37:14,15)
The Daily Jot -- and More
Thursday, March 23, 2017
Gorsuch: Abortion, same sex marriage "settled law," sort of
Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch was pretty coy during confirmation hearings when asked about same sex marriage and abortion. Senator Charles Grassely, (R-IA) asked if Roe was decided correctly? Gorsuch responded, "It is a precedent of the United States Supreme Court. It was reaffirmed in Casey in 1992, and in several other cases. So a good judge will consider it as precedent of the United States Supreme Court, worthy as treatment of precedent like any other." He gave a similar response when Senator Richard Durbin (D-IL) asked about same sex marriage, "Senator, the Supreme Court of the United States has held that single-sex marriage is protected by the Constitution." What does this tell us?
Gorsuch responded by stating a fact. Both these issues are settled law of the Supreme Court. But he didn't say if given the chance, he would vote to overturn them and send them back to the states. You see, neither of these issues is enumerated specifically by the US Constitution. The Tenth Amendment states: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people." Many states, even California, overwhelmingly rejected legalizing homosexual marriage in referendums. The Supreme Court, led by leftist justices, overruled the states, even though there is nothing about marriage in the Constitution.
Many could correctly argue that the very keystone of our nation's formation protects the unborn. The Declaration of Independence states: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed..." This is the social contract with all Americans. The Supreme Court in 1973 used the right to privacy to legalize killing babies in the womb. Again, another liberal court twisted the meaning of words and context away from their original intent to establish new law.
President Donald Trump said he would appoint Supreme Court Justices who were pro-life and, if possible, they would cause the court to reconsider Roe and allow the states to decide. He made similar comments about same-sex marriage. By limiting his answers to facts, Gorsuch signaled that he may be open to this possibility. As Christians, we do not have to participate in abortion or same-sex marriage even though it is the law. Likewise, we should not be forced to support it through our tax money. The Lord says in Deuteronomy 30:19, "...I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both you and your seed may live." And he says in Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a man, as with a woman: it is abomination." Gorsuch's answers left room for hope of a return to God's settled law.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
ALERT! Commentary by Dave Kubal, Chief Operating Officer of Intercessors for America
A personal message from Intercessors for America's President David Kubal concerning Judge Neil Gorsuch
I have a heavy heart. My heart is heavy because of the gravity of the hearings of Judge Neil Gorsuch's appointment to the Supreme Court of the United States of America. The impact these nine justices have on our country is monumental. Just one example is abortion law. Since 1973, when this court mandated legalized abortion, 60,000,000 innocent lives have been lost. Several generations of Americans have been raised in a cultural climate accepting the injustice of abortion because the Supreme Court wrongly determined that the Constitution required it.
In Micah 5:15, God reminds us, "I will take vengeance in anger and wrath on the nations that have not obeyed me." The Supreme Court effectively determines whether America will obey God by determining for us what is right and just.
Judge Neil Gorsuch has done a tremendous job this week. He is clearly intelligent, articulate, well-mannered, and an able jurist. It will be difficult for Democratic Senators to justify opposing his appointment to the bench.
As intercessors, though, we look beyond the surface. We understand that there is another level of spiritual activity and forces that far exceed what we see playing out before us in Washington, D.C. We must ask the Lord for divine revelation to see things in order to pray effectively about this situation.
When accepting President Trump's nomination, Judge Gorsuch said that he builds his life on his faith and family. Initial reports (even reports that I repeated) relayed he is a devoted husband, father of two daughters, and active in his Episcopal church.
What troubles me is that we don't know enough about his personal faith. He was raised Catholic and attended Georgetown Preparatory School (a Jesuit school) in Maryland. His current church is St. John's Episcopal in Boulder, Colorado. The rector, Susan Springer, attended the January 21 women's protest march in D.C., and said she will be a part of "Indivisible, USA," which is openly fighting against the Trump agenda. Finally, Judge Gorsuch's rector openly supports gay marriage. . .
I am not saying that this man should be disqualified from the Supreme Court because of these things.
What I am saying is that intercessors need to be praying!
We need to intercede that God would expose what He wants exposed, that He would arrest the process if it is His will, and that He would put into place a justice who would rule in ways to bring "His kingdom on earth as it is in heaven." We also need to pray for Judge Gorsuch to have a vibrant, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
> > >To read all of Dave's commentary, go here.
> > > To write a message to Dave in reply, go here:
> > > To send a message to your own senator, go here.
A Watchman Alert
Second Wave of Global Cursing by Witches against President Trump
due to Hit This Weekend
As promised last month, witches around the world are networking every month, at the time of the "waning moon," to launch a global assault of occult incantations -- all aimed at bringing down our President, Donald J. Trump.
Because at CHPP, we are called to pray for "all in authority," we want to call this date to your attention now. Their next date to target our president will be this Sunday, March 26th.
Please be on the alert in your own lives, ever watchful, and lifting up Psalm 91 over President Trump, his family, and his staff through this upcoming weekend.
In the meantime, we commend to you an excellent article, recently posted by Charisma Magazine, that addresses this very issue. Its title is: "Prophetic Dream Reveals 'Glory Torrent' Strategy to Combat Rising Witchcraft"
In order to access this article, please paste this website into your own browser:
May God's peace surround you, and may His grace overshadow you, now and always, amen.
"He has made My mouth like a sharp sword,
In the shadow of His hand He has concealed Me;
And He has also made Me a select arrow,
He has hidden Me in His quiver." (Isaiah 49:2)
"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." (Luke 23:34)
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
"In my Father's house are many rooms . . . I am going there to prepare a place for you." (John 14:2)
Sing the wondrous love of Jesus,
Sing His mercy and His grace.
In the mansions bright and blessèd
He'll prepare for us a place.
When we all get to Heaven,
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus,
We'll sing and shout the victory!
While we walk the pilgrim pathway,
Clouds will overspread the sky;
But when traveling days are over,
Not a shadow, not a sigh.
Let us then be true and faithful,
Trusting, serving every day;
Just one glimpse of Him in glory
Will the toils of life repay.
Onward to the prize before us!
Soon His beauty we'll behold;
Soon the pearly gates will open;
We shall tread the streets of gold.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Eliza E. Hewitt,1898
Music: Emily D. Wilson
Signs and Wonders
Terrifying EARTHQUAKE fears as cities at risk of being 'dropped into sea'
California is at risk of falling by at least three feet as a result of a devastating earthquake, the study warned. The findings showed the Orange County coast is prone to a dramatic and sudden "sinking" after discovering evidence of ancient tsunami activity that dropped land in the region. Robert Leeper, who carried out the study with the help of the US Geological Survey, said: "It is not just a gradual sinking. This is boom - it would drop.
The findings showed the Orange County coast is prone to a dramatic and sudden "sinking" after discovering evidence of ancient tsunami activity that dropped land in the region.
Robert Leeper, who carried out the study with the help of the US Geological Survey, said: "It is not just a gradual sinking. This is boom - it would drop. It's very rapid sinking."
California has a population of almost 40 million, most of whom live in the endangered coastal areas.
Los Angeles and San Francisco would be most at risk as they lie on the San Andreas fault line. (Daily Star UK) Read more here.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Ex-Felon Who Found God Saves the Life of Police Trooper Being Viciously Assaulted
It all unfolded around 4:30 a.m. on January 12 when Trooper Ed Andersson responded to a call that a man was firing a weapon at cars on a local highway, but when Anderson arrived at the scene, he suddenly became one of the culprit's victims.
A man police identified as 37-year-old Leonard Penuelas-Escobar allegedly shot Andersson in the right shoulder after the officer exited the car, leaving him partially paralyzed and unable to draw his weapon. It was a shot that should have missed him, but unfortunately didn't, leaving the cop in a vulnerable situation.
"A half inch to my right it would have missed me," Andersson told CNN. "A few inches to my left, it would have hit my vest."
Andersson said the man, who was out of bullets, began to savagely beat him, slamming the cop's head into the ground. While the situation looked bleak, another guy named Thomas Yoxall, 43, suddenly arrived on the scene-and changed everything.
As Yoxall drove up, he quickly realized that what he thought was a routine traffic stop was something else entirely, CNN reported.
A former felon who was charged with theft in 2000 and later changed his life around and found God, grabbed his firearm, got out of his car and took action.
"He's beating him in a savage way. Just fist after fist," Yoxall recalled of the scene. "I yell out to the suspect to stop, I said 'get off him!' His facial expression, the look in his eye (was) 'evil' if I had to put a word on it."
Realizing the dire nature of the situation, Yoxall told Penuelas-Escobar to stop and, when he didn't, he fired two shots, killing Penuelas-Escobar and saving Andersson's life.
The cop, who is eternally grateful, has said he's not sure he would be here still if not for the heroic and kind act. As for Yoxall, he believes his presence at the scene was divine in nature.
"God chose to put me in that place at that particular moment," Yoxall told CNN. "I just can't see an evil like that perpetuated without intervening." (Breaking Christian News) Read more.
He's Always Been Faithful
By Sara Groves
Worship Him together . . . here . . .
A note from a reader and a friend:
This song is so beautiful and strengthens my heart as I am reminded of His faithfulness to me throughout the years. May it bless and encourage your heart today to be reminded of the same. Also may it bless you to know that our sweet Jesus~Yeshua put you on my heart.
Love you all,
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]