Update: David's Tent
Thank you all for your
continued prayers for the future
repositioning of David's Tent in
Washington, D.C. The song goes on!
For latest news, please go here.
Again, THANK YOU!
For GOOD NEWS from all 50 States, go here!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
"Standing Together as One
. . . Under the Cross of Christ"
"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."
Senate Judiciary Committee Delays its Report
to Congress re: Judge Gorsuch for one week.
Prayers continue. Go here.
"The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms."
The First 100 Days
Prayer Resources for The First 100 Days
Tools to Assist in Offering Prayers for President Trump
and his Administration during these First 100 Days
1. 24/7 Prayer Line
Sponsored by the 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Network, you can call this number anytime, day or night, and join other prayer warriors across the nation to pray for the new administration.
The Conference Number is: 712-770-4340
The Access Code is: 543555#
Please dial #6 to mute your phone.
All are welcome to join!
PrayerSurgeNow hosts a weekly call every Saturday morning, beginning at 7:30 a.m. EST. Topics are geared to time-sensitive events happening in our country, and anointed speakers are invited to host each call, bringing insight to intercessors across the nation.
PrayerSurgeNow also hosts other calls throughout the week, as the need arises.
In order to keep pace with their news, please visit their blog at: www.prayersurgenow.blogspot.com, or by going here.
PSN's Conference number is: 712-432-0075
Access Code is: 6149782#
3. Daily Devotions - Sponsored by the AsOne network.
A prayer topic, intercession and Scriptural decrees are posted daily during these First 100 Days. Please go here to find today's devotion.
4. President Trump's Weekly Address:
Friday, March 24, 2017
To view last week's address, please go here.
5. PRAYERS FOR THE PRESIDENT
The First 100 Days and Beyond
A Collection of Prayers by the People:
An Inaugural Gift for President Donald J. Trump
To read this guide to prayer, written by 100 intercessors for each of the President's First 100 Days, please go here.
6. White House Press Briefings
To view each day's press conference,go here.
The videos of these press briefings appear below the video of Inauguration itself.
7. TRUMP'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS: THE FIRST 50 DAYS
The astounding list of achievements
(Dated March 10, 2017)
With Donald Trump approaching his first 50 days in office and with today's news that the U.S. has added 235,000 new jobs, it's truly astounding to consider what Trump has achieved in just the short time he has been president. To view a list of Trump's accomplishments so far, go here.
Focus on Israel
1. WATCH: Netanyahu Lays Out Parameters for Peace - World Israel News
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu laid out the path to peace on Monday in a pre-recorded address to the 2017 AIPAC conference, describing the conditions for an agreement with the Palestinians. (Read more)
2. Mashaal: We're ready to meet Israel's challenge - Israel National News
Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal on Monday accused Israel of having killed one of the group's top terrorists after he was shot dead in Gaza on Friday.
Mazen Faqha, 38, was shot dead by unknown gunmen with four bullets from a pistol equipped with a silencer.
"By killing Faqha, the enemy told us: 'I've scored a point against you and I can take away one of your heroes even in the heart of Gaza," Mashaal told supporters at a memorial on Monday, according to AFP. (Read more)
3. 27 million NIS to Judea and Samaria - Israel National News
The Knesset's Finance Committee on Monday morning approved the transfer of 27 million NIS to local authorities in Judea and Samaria, as part of the "Judea and Samaria grant."
In addition, the Committee agreed to provide 30 million NIS for the purpose of bulletproofing public buses and vans used to provide school and public transportation in Judea and Samaria.
MK Bezalel Smotrich (Jewish Home), who slammed those against the budget, said, "They will continue to scream and we will continue to work to develop Jewish towns in all of Israel. (Read more)
4. Sanhedrin Invites Iranian Minister to Follow Ways of Persian Kings and Build the Temple - Breaking Israel News
The nascent Sanhedrin has turned a dispute between the Israeli Prime Minister and the Iranian Foreign Minister into an opportunity to invite Israel's greatest enemy to help build the Third Temple. This offer is not nearly as preposterous as some may think, and has an undeniable precedent the Iranian Minister is quite proud to admit.
The international spat began on Purim, two weeks ago, when Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu attended a reading of the Megillah (Book of Esther) at a synagogue near his home in Caesarea. While discussing the Biblical story with children in attendance, he assured them, "Today, too, they're trying [to kill us] in Persia, and today they're also not going to succeed!" (Read more)
5. Vacationing Israelis warned of 'immediate' terror threat in Sinai - Times of Israel Israel intensified its warning against citizens traveling to the Sinai Peninsula on Monday for fear of an imminent terror attack by the Islamic State, with the knowledge that thousands will spurn their advisory and travel to the area in the coming months. The annual travel warning from the Israeli Counter-Terrorism Bureau came two weeks ahead of the Passover holiday, marking the unofficial start of the travel season. Eitan Ben-David, the head of the Counter-Terrorism Bureau, told reporters that the Sinai, which has seen a years-long, bloody conflict between an Islamic State affiliate and Egyptian forces, already bears his agency's highest level warning, indicating a concrete threat. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Dems delay Senate panel vote on Supreme Court nominee - The Hill
Democrats are delaying an initial committee vote on Neil Gorsuch, President Trump's nominee to the Supreme Court. Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), the chairman of the committee, said Democrats had requested that its vote on Gorsuch be punted to next week.
Under committee rules any one member can request that a nomination be held the first time it appears on the agenda.
Democrats were widely expected to delay the committee's vote until next week.
The delay means the committee vote will take place on April 3, giving Republicans days to meet their goal of winning Gorsuch's confirmation by the full Senate by the end of that week.
The Senate will then go into a recess. (Read more)
- Father, we continue to lift up this important vote to You, now that it has been delayed. We thank You for Your truth that is coming to light, and for the ongoing prayers now being offered on behalf of this nomination. In Your Name, amen.
- " . . . pray without ceasing . . ." (I Thessalonians 5:17)
2. Politico: Freedom Caucus Had Secret Pact, Led to Plan's Failure - Newsmax
Members of the House Freedom Caucus pledged to stick together on opposing the GOP healthcare replacement bill, leading to the legislation's implosion, Politico reports. The American Healthcare Act was pulled from a floor vote Friday because it didn't have enough votes despite a strong push from President Donald Trump and long hours behind the scenes to make changes to the legislation by House Speaker Paul Ryan.
The idea was set forth by Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio, the Vice Chairman of the Freedom Caucus. The group opposed the bill because they didn't trust Ryan - he reportedly didn't listen to their concerns - and because it wasn't conservative enough. Sticking together was key.
"They informally said: 'Let's stick together,'" said one Freedom Caucus source who described the strategy. "Whenever someone had a conversation with a whip or a member of the leadership team, or there was a discussion with White House staff, there was immediate discussion with the group, whether it was via telephone or a ton of group meetings." (Read more)
- Please see today's commentary on the Daily Jot on this issue as you prepare to pray. Thank you.
- "Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence." (I Timothy 2:1,2)
3. Trump Son-in-Law Jared Kushner to Oversee Government Overhaul - NBC News
President Donald Trump will name his son-in-law, White House senior adviser Jared Kushner, to lead a new office responsible for streamlining and overhauling the federal government on Monday, the White House told NBC News on Sunday night.
"All Americans, regardless of their political views, can recognize that government stagnation has hindered our ability to properly function, often creating widespread congestion and leading to cost overruns and delays," according to a statement issued Sunday in Trump's name. I promised the American people I would produce results, and apply my 'ahead of schedule, under budget' mentality to the government," the statement said.
Plans for the new structure, to be called the White House Office of American Innovation, were first reported Sunday by The Washington Post. The Post reported that Trump's chief strategist, Stephen Bannon, a highly controversial figure, would have no formal role in the operation.
"We should have excellence in government," Kushner told The Post in an interview Sunday. "The government should be run like a great American company. Our hope is that we can achieve successes and efficiencies for our customers, who are the citizens." (Read more)
- Once again we come to You, Father, asking for blessings for President Trump as he continues to keep his promises to the citizens of the U.S. He is trying to get America back on track by streamlining and overhauling the federal government. So many things are out-of-whack because our past president had no concern for making life better for our citizens. Mr Trump's creation of the White House Office of American Innovation is a step forward to "Making American Great Again."
Continue to bless President Trump and Jared Kushner as they work to make our government sustainable again. Let them draw closer to You for guidance in their decisions. May they be known as men of God because they stand on Your principles. By the leading of Your hand we ask that all nations will know that You are the God of our nation now and always just as it is written in our Constitution. Amen.
- "Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgement on themselves." (Romans 13:1-2)
4. Judge Sides With Trump Administration, Refuses To Block Travel Ban - Daily Caller
A federal judge in Virginia ruled Friday against blocking President Trump's executive order that called for temporarily stopping the entry of immigrants from six majority-Muslim nations and refugee admittance overall. The decision against the injunction comes after federal judges in Maryland and Hawaii blocked the implementation of Trump's executive order nationwide. The ruling in Maryland is set to be heard before an appeals court in May. These two past decisions keep the order at bay.
Judge Anthony Trenga of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia found that Trump was within his legal rights to impose the travel ban and that it was not discriminatory toward Muslims. The injunction had been brought forward by Palestinian activist Linda Sarsour, who was represented by an attorney from the Council on American-Islamic Relations.
Trenga, a George W. Bush appointee, wrote in his opinion that "the President has unqualified authority to bar physical entry to the United States at the border." He said that the executive order makes no mention of religion and has a "state secular purpose" of protecting U.S. citizens from terrorist attacks.
A Department of Justice spokeswoman said in a statement, "The Department of Justice is pleased with the ruling. As the Court correctly explains, the President's Executive Order falls well within his authority to safeguard the nation's security." (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You that there yet remains at least one righteous federal judge in the judiciary. We ask for skill for the Trump administration as they build new cases based upon this victory, in Your name, amen.
- "Then I will restore your judges as at the first, And your counselors as at the beginning; After that you will be called the city of righteousness, A faithful city." (Isaiah 1:26)
5. Sessions takes aim at 'dangerous' sanctuary cities, warns on funding - Fox News
Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired a broadside at so-called "sanctuary cities" Monday, telling reporters local policies of noncooperation with immigration authorities are "dangerous" and will cost communities federal funding.
In the Trump administration's most pointed warning yet, Sessions said federal law allows withholding of federal funding to sanctuary cities, and signaled that such measures will soon be taken. Sessions, who took the podium at White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer's regular media briefing, warned of a pending crackdown by the administration.
"Such policies cannot continue," he said. "They make our nation less safe by putting dangerous criminals back on the street. The American people know that when cities and states refuse to help enforce immigration laws, our nation is less safe," Sessions said.
Perhaps telegraphing action President Trump warned of during his campaign, Sessions said the administration will pull billions in federal funding to sanctuary communities if they remain in noncompliance. Sessions said communities applying for Department of Justice grants will be required to show they are following immigration law. (Read more)
- Lord God Almighty in Heaven, we thank You for this new Attorney General! We praise You for his strong stance against all illegal immigration, and the crimes that are committed by these aliens. We ask that You grant Jeff Sessions and President Trump wisdom to continue to wage war in this battle against the forces of the antichrist (spirit of lawlessness) that have invaded our land. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "For by wise guidance you will wage war, And in abundance of counselors there is victory." (Proverbs 24:6)
6. Senators call for tighter sanctions on Iran - Israel National News
"A bipartisan group of U.S. senators on Thursday introduced a new bill that would impose tighter sanctions on Iran over its ballistic missile launches and other non-nuclear activities, Reuters reported.
The bill, which has 14 Democratic and Republican sponsors, would set mandatory sanctions for anyone involved with Iran's ballistic missile program and those who trade with them. It also would apply sanctions to the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, and put into law sanctions imposed via presidential executive order on individuals currently sanctioned due to what the bill's sponsors describe as Iranian support for terrorism.
The bill would require the president to block the property of any person or entity involved in specific activities that violate the UN arms embargo on Iran. (Read more)
- Lord, thank You for the bipartisan Senators who introduced this new bill that would impose tighter sanctions in response to Iran's continued ballistic missile launches. Iran's prime minister warned that they do not respond well to sanctions or threats. Praise You, Jesus, for putting into office President Trump and the Senators who are standing strong for doing the right thing. Hallelujah, the Senators are bipartisan on this bill. The glory and honor belong to our God.
- "But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No' be 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one." (Matthew 5:37)
7. Canadian Parliament Passes Controversial Islamophobia Motion - Breitbart
The Canadian House of Commons has passed motion M103 which singles out the criticism of Islam as a form of 'Islamophobia'. Critics condemn it as an attack on free speech.
Motion M103 was tabled by Iqra Khalid, a Muslim member of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's Liberal Party. It states the government must 'condemn Islamophobia and all forms of systemic racism and religious discrimination', was taken to vote on Thursday evening where a total of 201 MPs voted for it and only 91 voted against, Canadian broadcaster Global News reports.
The text of the motion does not clarify what constitutes 'Islamophobia' and has led many to speculate what that may mean in the future, with some critics fearing it could lead to Shariah law courts. This concern has led to the circulation of an anti-Shariah petition on the Parliament of Canada website, which has so far been signed by over 24,000 people. (Read more)
- Father God, Islamophobia is evil and we pray that M103 will be successfully appealed and will not ever return. to endanger the free speech rights of the citizens of Canada. We ask that Your righteousness reign in Parliament as we cover this motion with Your Shed Blood. In Your Holy and most precious name we pray, amen.
- "For they are a nation void of counsel, Nor is there any understanding in them. Oh, that they were wise, that they understood this, That they would consider their latter end!" (Deuteronomy 32:28-29)
8. US-backed forces seize Syrian air base from ISIS - Fox News
U.S.-backed Syrian Kurdish forces captured a strategically important air base from Islamic State (ISIS) militants in north Syria on Sunday in the first major victory for the group since the U.S. airlifted the forces behind enemy lines four days ago. The Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces announced they had captured the Tabqa air base, 28 miles west of Raqqa, ISIS' de facto capital in Syria.
The U.S., which has provided substantial air and ground support to the SDF, ferried hundreds of SDF forces, as well as U.S. military advisers and U.S. artillery, behind ISIS lines earlier this week. (Read more)
- Hallelujah, Lord! Thank You for this victory. We know that the secret to wisdom for overcoming the evil forces in this area lies with You and we honor You for this breakthrough. Lord God, we ask protection over all our troops and we pray that Your kind of order will be fully restored in this area.
- "O sing unto the Lord a new song; for he hath done marvelous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory." (Psalms 98:1)
9. In 24 States, 50% or More of Babies Born on Medicaid - CNSNews.com
In 24 of the nation's 50 states at least half of the babies born during the latest year on record had their births paid for by Medicaid, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation.
The Kaiser Family Foundation gathered its data on the number of babies born on Medicaid in each state by surveying the state Medicaid directors. "Medicaid directors were asked to provide the most recent available data on the share of all births in their states that were financed by Medicaid," said a KFF report.
"About half of the states were able to provide data for calendar 2015 or fiscal year 2015," said KFF. "Other states generally provided data from 2013 or 2014. On average, states reported that Medicaid pays for just over 47 percent of all births." (Read more)
- The number of babies born on Medicaid is very high. According to a 2010 report from George Washington University and the March of Dimes, Medicaid paid for the births of 47.75 percent of babies born in the U.S.-or 1,805,151 out of 3,780,519. Praise You, Lord, for these babies being born and not being aborted.
These mothers qualified for Medicaid because they didn't have resources to pay for the expenses of delivering their babies. But these mothers chose life for their child. Thank You, Jesus, for the right-to-live choice made by the moms. The cost of delivering over a million babies is high, but how much more is the cost of abortions? God bless the mothers that chose life.
- "And the Lord said to Jehu, "Because you have done well in doing what is right in My sight, and have done to the house of Ahab all that was in My heart, your sons shall sit on the throne of Israel to the fourth generation." (1 Kings 10:30)
10. Australian residents begin evacuating ahead of cyclone - Washington Post
Thousands of people began evacuating low-lying areas of Australia's tropical northeast on Monday as a powerful cyclone bore down on the coast. Cyclone Debbie was expected to cross the Queensland state coast along a sparsely populated 100-kilometer (60-mile) stretch between the towns of Ayr and Bowen early Tuesday, Australian Bureau of Meteorology forecaster Michael Paech said.
The cyclone was churning over the Pacific Ocean as a Category 3 storm on Monday, with wind gusts up to 165 kilometers per hour (100 mph). It was expected to intensify to a Category 4 storm with wind gusts up to 260 kph per hour (160 mph) when it crosses on to land, Paech said.
Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk urged people in the most vulnerable areas to evacuate on Monday before conditions deteriorate. (Read more)
- Precious Lord, we intercede for those in the area of danger. We pray they will heed the warnings of the authorities and seek safer ground. We pray they will turn to You, Who controls all weather and that they will seek a harmless path for the storm. Lord, we come against all loss of life and property. May Your angels surround them during this time and may this storm turn into a benefit to the earth and not a devastation.
- "He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still." (Psalms 107:29)
The Daily Jot
Monday, March 27, 2017
America 1, Ryan 0, Trump collateral damage
The leftist, socialist-based media, is offering only one explanation for the yet non-repeal of socialist healthcare: A major defeat for House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) and President Donald Trump. In a different analysis of the events, I would like to offer an alternative hypothesis: America won round one of this globalist bent on a socialist United States; Ryan suffered a very well deserved defeat; and the President suffered collateral fallout of his own observation during his campaign-that the swamp needed to be drained because the American people are fed up with politics as normal. In a sports analogy, Trump suffered from having very bad teammates, and a very hostile and aggressive opponent.
Americans won this round because the Ryancare "replacement" was not a "repeal" no matter how you cut it. It was a watered down continuation of a socialist wealth redistribution program where American citizens were forced by an overreaching government to pay for things most of us believe are reprehensible. A non-repeal of the Economic Substance Doctrine-meaning we still are forced by the government to pay for healthcare and the government takes its share before anyone gets any healthcare. A defunding of Planned Parenthood for one year, really? Continuation of abortion funding. Small tax credits based on age that disappear over a specified amount of time. The Ryancare replacement was a lie.
Thanks to a small group of Congressmen, some 31 elected officials who put Americans ahead of globalist socialism, this horror of a bill did not even have enough votes to get to the floor of the House of Representatives. These brave souls called this refried socialist system for what it was and they stood their ground. Thank you, conservative members of the House Freedom Caucus for knocking Ryan's hoodwink out for the count. Now Ryan is in deep trouble because he misled Trump on several fronts-that this was a replacement legislation that could be modified in the Senate; that it had the votes to pass; and that it was good for the American people. Shame on Ryan and three cheers for the Constitutional Republic.
But all is not lost. Members of the House Freedom Caucus say they want repeal of socialist healthcare and that Ryan changed the game when he decided to offer legislation to replace. Congressman Jim Jordan (R-OH) told the Wall Street Journal, "You know when the goal posts were moved? When they didn't start with the legislation we all voted for 15 months ago." Trump would do well to find American-first members of Congress to partner with on his America First agenda. As Jesus said in Matthew 12:25, "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand." Unity will carry the day, but it must be based on truth, not deception like Ryan's shell game on health care.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Senate May Consider Pro-Life Bill This Week
Background on Title X Rule:
The Title X program is a family planning program run by the Office of Population Affairs at HHS. First authorized in 1970 the program has not been reauthorized since 1985. However it has continued to receive funding through the Labor, HHS Appropriations bill. $286 million was appropriated for FY16.
Over the years, some states receiving Title X grants have directed their funding to county health departments, community health centers and other clinics. As a result funds are redirected away from abortion providers like Planned Parenthood. The Obama Administration designed the final rule to ensure funds go to Planned Parenthood.
To read Rep. Black's September 2016 statement when the rule was proposed, go here.
> > > Note: the full title of H.J. Res. 43 is:
H.J.Res.43 - Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the final rule submitted by Secretary of Health and Human Services relating to compliance with title X requirements by project recipients in selecting subrecipients.
- Father, we ask that this legislation pass. We ask that the repeal of this rule by way of the Congressional Review Act be used to ensure greater protection for life than the original rule was ever intended to further death and destruction in this nation.
- "And Harbonah, one of the chamberlains, said before the king, Behold also, the gallows fifty cubits high, which Haman had made for Mordecai, who had spoken good for the king, standeth in the house of Haman. Then the king said, Hang him thereon. So they hanged Haman on the gallows that he had prepared for Mordecai. Then was the king's wrath pacified." (Esther 7:9-10)
An "Eyewitness Report"
Report from Providence, Rhode Island:
What Took Place on Saturday at the Trump Rally
Last week, the Warwick Beacon published an announcement for the Make America Great Rally. The next day the Providence paper put in a notice saying that there were three marches - one for Trump, one of protestors who were determined to interrupt and disrupt, and another of women for "who knows what" rights.
There had been 400-500 people who had signed up for the Trump march, but the above article, plus raw and rainy weather, must have intimidated many such well-seekers, so this crowd was smaller than expected.
The groups gathered at City Hall, the protesters having brought a large tuba, drums, and other noisy articles to interrupt the message. I had driven there shortly after sunrise to walk the area with my dog, and to pray against violence, and hoping this day might be a Rhode Island testimony of how humane people act.
I sensed it would be audible war, and it was.
One large protester walked in and out among the Trump group with an arrogant musical message on her big boom box. The protesters obviously wanted to cause enough anger for a riot. My friends who were there reported that it was a challenge not to give into that temptation.
Many policemen were separating sides as they could, perceiving the loud mockery and cocky arrogance of the declared protesters, and saying that this is an extreme against the first amendment. The protesters even tried to "out-noise" (drown out) the National Anthem!
One friend, watching on Facebook, noted that the police were facing the protesters, and had their backs to the Trump people, . . . certainly indicating an understanding of who is who. Another friend noted that the only ugly signs in the Trump group were by an extreme young man, who was holding a sign that said "We won, you lost, go home".
There was also a transvestite with a sign which had wording suggesting pro-Trump. (?).
May we learn how to deal graciously, but firmly, and with finality, with such things in our troubled nation. One believer walked through the protesters ranks to make eye contact, but no one would meet them.
(Submitted by Carol in Rhode Island)
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
WHEN THE ROLL IS CALLED UP YONDER
"I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened." (Revelation 20:12)
"I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened." (Revelation 20:12)
When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound, and time shall be no more,
And the morning breaks, eternal, bright and fair;
When the saved of earth shall gather over on the other shore,
And the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there.
When the roll, is called up yon-der,
When the roll, is called up yon-der,
When the roll, is called up yon-der,
When the roll is called up yonder I'll be there.
On that bright and cloudless morning when the dead in Christ shall rise,
And the glory of His resurrection share;
When His chosen ones shall gather to their home beyond the skies,
And the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there.
Let us labor for the Master from the dawn till setting sun,
Let us talk of all His wondrous love and care;
Then when all of life is over, and our work on earth is done,
And the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words & Music: James M. Black, 1893
This song was sung in the Academy award winning movie Sergeant York (1941).
About the hymn:
Black, a Methodist Sunday school teacher in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, was calling roll one day for a youth meeting. Young Bessie, daughter of a drunkard, did not show up, and he was disappointed at her failure to appear. Black made a comment to the effect, "Well, I trust when the roll is called up yonder, she'll be there." He tried to respond with an appropriate song, but could not find one in his song book:
This lack of a fitting song caused me both sorrow and disappointment. An inner voice seemed to say, "Why don't you write one?" I put away the thought. As I opened the gate on my way home, the same thought came again so strongly that tears filled my eyes. I entered the house and sat down at the piano. The words came to me effortlessly . . . The tune came the same way-I dared not change a single note or word.
Signs and Wonders
Swarm mission has led to the discovery of supersonic plasma jets
Information from ESA's (European Space Agency's) magnetic field Swarm mission has led to the discovery of supersonic plasma jets high up in our atmosphere that can push temperatures up to almost 10 000°C.
Presenting these findings at this week's Swarm Science Meeting in Canada, scientists from the University of Calgary explained how they used measurements from the trio of Swarm satellites to build on what was known about vast sheets of electric current in the upper atmosphere.
The theory that there are huge electric currents, powered by solar wind and guided through the ionosphere by Earth's magnetic field, was postulated more than a century ago by Norwegian scientist Kristian Birkeland.
It wasn't until the 1970s, after the advent of satellites, however, that these 'Birkeland currents' were confirmed by direct measurements in space.
This discovery is just one of the new findings presented at the week-long science meeting dedicated to the Swarm mission. Also presented this week and focusing on Birkeland currents, for example, Swarm was used to confirm that these currents are stronger in the northern hemisphere and vary with the season.
Since they were launched in 2013, the identical Swarm satellites have been measuring and untangling the different magnetic signals that stem from Earth's core, mantle, crust, oceans, ionosphere and magnetosphere.
Rune Floberghagen, ESA's Swarm mission manager, said, "The electric field instrument is the first ionospheric imager in orbit so it's very exciting to see such fantastic results that are thanks to this new instrument. "The dedication of scientists working with data from the mission never ceases to amaze me and we are seeing some brilliant results, such as this, discussed at this week's meeting.
"Swarm is really opening our eyes to the workings of the planet from deep down in Earth's core to the highest part of our atmosphere." (Read more)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
VERY EXCITING NEWS!
Majority of states have all-Christian congressional delegations - Pew Research Center
As has been the case in prior Congresses, the 115th Congress is more Christian than the U.S. population as a whole. The vast majority of the nation's federal lawmakers (91%) describe themselves as Christians, compared with 71% of U.S. adults who say the same, according to a recent Pew Research Center analysis of congressional data compiled by CQ Roll Call.
> > > You can view the chart, displaying this data in detail, as well as seven facts of interest about these state delegations by going here.
> > > We do praise God for these figures, and we take note two states - Ohio and North Carolina - are reporting 100% Christian affiliations! Thank You, Jesus!
- Father, thank You for men and women throughout our government who call You by name. We pray their relationships with You would grow stronger and deeper each day so they will be even better servants of the people.
- "I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness." (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
Hiding Place- Sara Groves
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]