Tomorrow is the 42nd Annual March for Life in Washington, D.C.
Governor Bobby Jindal Sponsors "The Response to a Nation in Crisis" -- One Day of United Prayer in Baton Rouge, LA on Sat., Jan. 24th. Go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
"Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you?"
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:11)
The Daily Brief
1. Joni Ernst goes folksy in GOP response - The Hill
Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) focused on the GOP's policy priorities for the new Congress, rather than making a direct response to President Obama's proposals, in her party's official response Tuesday night. Ernst, a freshman senator who just won election in November, delivered a polished speech shortly after Obama's address. The Iowa Republican worked in plenty of smiles and more than a few folksy references to her modest middle-class upbringing throughout her remarks.
While much of the speech focused on Ernst's middle America upbringing, she touched upon top Republican priorities including approving construction of the Keystone XL pipeline, tax reform, trade reform, cybersecurity, abortion and reining in ObamaCare. "You'll see a lot of serious work in this new Congress," Ernst said. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for the warm and endearing words spoken by Senator Ernst, following the State of the Union address. In the midst of her folksy tone, Sen. Ernst was able to bring forth some key points that all Americans need to grasp . . . points that reflect the policy of the Republicans who have now been voted into office. Thank You, Lord, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- " . . . He restoreth my soul . . ." (Psalm 23:3)
2. Obama Invites Illegal Alien to Be Guest of Honor at SOTU - CNSNews.com
Ana Zamora, who came to the United States illegally, is among the 22 people selected to sit with First Lady Michelle Obama at tonight's State of the Union address. This is an honor bestowed on people who provide a human face for the liberal agenda that President Obama will lay out. Ana is the face of Obama's executive amnesty, which conservative Republicans call an affront to the U.S. Constitution. The White House describes Ana as a "letter writer, student, DREAMer." She was brought here illegally as a child by parents who were themselves illegal aliens, and that's exactly why she's being honored by the White House.
If President Obama has his way, Ana and her parents will never be deported. They will be among the millions of "undocumented immigrants" who are allowed to stay in this country, something that is contrary to current law, but in accordance with directives issued by President Obama after Congress refused to enact his immigration plan. (Read more)
- Father God, by inviting this guest to be the "star" of the night, Obama has once again drawn a line in the sand against those who stand for righteousness and the rule of law in our land. We ask You to forgive this president, for he knows not what he does. We ask You to shed Your light into the darkness of his soul, bringing him to the saving knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. You, Lord God, are the author of all law, and to You, only, we bow our knee. In Jesus' name we pray, amen and amen.
- "But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound." (Romans 5:20)
3. Tony Perkins: America Faces 'New Cultural Revolution--Gone Mad' - CNSNews.com
Delivers First "State of the Family" Address to the Nation
Family Research Council President Tony Perkins delivered a "State of the Family Address" last night in which he cited multiple government attacks on religious freedom and said America faces a "new cultural revolution--gone mad."
"The threats America faces are not potential--they are clear, present and dangerous," said Perkins in an address broadcast online and on American Family Radio. "Ironically, they come most sharply today not from the radical economic doctrines of Karl Marx, nor from the lights of what Winston Churchill called 'perverted science,' but from the darkness of unrestricted sexual license-a new Cultural Revolution-gone mad." (Read more)
- Abba Father, we repent for allowing abortion in our nation, and for being one of four countries on the planet that allow abortion all the way to the fourth trimester. Abba Father, we repent of allowing homosexual marriages. Father, we repent for our nation's lack of respect for religious freedom. Father, we repent of a government able to bankrupt families and businesses for standing for their beliefs. Abba Father, we have sinned. Forgive us. There are so many things that we need to rectify in our country so that once again we can be a nation that serves only Jehovah God.
Lord, the First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition. It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others and also restricting an individual's religious practices. Lord, we do not abide by Your word nor by the Constitution. Have mercy on us. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. 8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming . . ." (II Thessalonians 2:7-8)
4. Yes, there ARE 'no-go' zones in Europe - WMD
In the wake of the Fox News' apology for a guest expert's on-air claims regarding Muslim "no-go zones" in Europe, an international clamor has ensued, with much condemnation of Fox, claims that Muslim immigrants want to assimilate and even a threat by the mayor of Paris to sue the network for defaming the great city.
There's only one problem: Europe is full of Muslim "no-go" zones, which have been documented, lamented, reported on and openly discussed for years. In fact, the governments of France and other European nations have identified specific enclaves where Muslim immigrants who have chosen not to assimilate as areas in which law enforcement has lost some degree of control.
The French government lists on its website 751 Zones Urbaines Sensibles, or Sensitive Urban Zones, that the state does not fully control, notes Middle East foreign policy expert Daniel Pipes, director of the Middle East Forum.
The French zones, which have specific street demarcations, were first identified by the government in 1996. An estimate that is now 10 years old found 5 million people living in the zones, Pipes noted. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You for opening our eyes to the fact that these "legal" no-go zones exist throughout Europe, now endangering its citizens with the encroachment of Sharia law. Lord, once again, there is only one Law we are to recognize and obey, and that is the Law of God: Your written Word. We pray for the safety of the citizens of Europe from further attacks by Islamic extremists, and for a return to the standard of Truth to reign in their nations. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple." (Psalm 19:7)
5. Bobby Jindal slams 'no-go zones,' pushes 'assimilation' - CNN
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal on Monday stood by his criticism of so-called "no-go" zones in Europe, where sovereign nations allegedly cede authority to Muslim immigrants, a controversial idea that many critics say is overblown.
And the potential 2016 Republican presidential candidate decried what he called immigrants' insistence on "non-assimilation, the fact that "you've got people who want to come to our country but not adopt our values," which he called "dangerous." Asked by CNN's Wolf Blitzer whether he would walk back his comments on no-go zones, made in a speech to the Henry Jackson Society in London earlier that day, Jindal said, "not at all." (Read more)
For more information on this topic, please go here.
- Lord, these two articles lead us to believe that the countries of Europe and the USA are trying to hide the fact that there are no-go zones in their cities. Father, forgive us for submitting to the fear of the radical Islamist jihadist that are overtaking our cities. It is time that the truth comes out and that the Western world takes a stand and overthrow the no-go zones in our cities. We thank You, too, for the courage demonstrated by Governor Jindal in making this statement, and we ask that this spirit of boldness would now rest up multitudes in our nation, as well. In the Name of Jesus we pray, Amen.
- "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy1:7 NKJV)
6. Graham: There Are More Terrorists Capable of Hitting US Than Before 9/11 - CNSNews.com
In an interview Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press," Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) warned that there are more terrorists who are capable of attacking the U.S. than there were before 9/11. "There are more Parises coming until you disrupt this network. There are more terrorist organizations, more safe havens, more capability to hit the homeland than before 9/11," Graham said, referring to the recent terrorist attack on the offices of Charlie Hebdo, a satirical newspaper that published cartoons about the Prophet Muhammad. (Read more)
- Abba Father, the world we live in today is filled with evil. We ask that Your hand of protection would be on the USA and its people. Lord, give wisdom to our intelligence agencies, our Congress and our President. We ask that You would send Your angels to protect the USA from radical Islamic jihadists. Lord, give us strategies to defeat the enemy. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "Rescue me, O LORD, from evil men; Preserve me from violent men." (Psalm 140:1)
7. BREAKING: Boehner invites Netanyahu to address Congress on Iran, after Obama veto threat - Fox News
House Speaker John Boehner announced Wednesday he is inviting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to address Congress next month about the threat from Iran, in a sharp rebuke to President Obama.
Such invitations typically are coordinated with the White House and State Department, but this one was not. The House speaker's office said Netanyahu will be invited to speak Feb. 11 before a joint session of Congress. The invitation comes as lawmakers weigh legislation, supported by Republicans and some Democrats, to tee up more sanctions against Iran in case negotiations fail to curtail the country's nuclear enrichment program.
Obama vowed Tuesday during his State of the Union address to veto any such legislation. But Boehner signaled he wants Netanyahu to explain the stakes of the debate, as he pledged to press ahead with the legislation. (Read more)
- Father God, we do praise You for this quick action by the Speaker of the House, as Congress aligns itself with Israel in confronting its enemy, Iran. We ask for maximum protection for P.M. Netanyahu; and that You would grace him with words that pierce through the darkness of deception surrounding our policy towards Iran, bringing us to Your light and to Your truth. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." (John 1:15)
8. BREAKING! President Obama to Meet With Pastor Saeed's Wife: "Praise God, it's a Miracle!" - Breaking Christian News; CBN
"I see God's hand in arranging this crucial meeting." -Naghmeh Abedini
Naghmeh Abedini, the wife of imprisoned American pastor Saeed Abedini, says she and her children will meet with President Barack Obama Wednesday.
She tweeted Tuesday night, "Praise God! It is a miracle!"
The Idaho Statesman reports Naghmeh Abedini received confirmation Tuesday that Obama agreed to meet with her and her two young children.
Obama is making a rare visit to Boise, Idaho, on Wednesday, which it also happens to be the hometown of Pastor Saeed Abedini.
Abedini is a U.S. citizen who has been wrongfully imprisoned by Iran for his Christian faith. His wife, Naghmeh, wrote a letter to the White House, requesting a meeting with the president while he's in town.
"My heart leapt with hope when I heard that you would be visiting my hometown of Boise, Idaho," she wrote. (Read more)
- Father God, we praise God with Naghmeh at news of this victory. We ask for favor with the president and that a quick release will follow for our dear Pastor Abedini. Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayer today, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord!" (Psalm 150:6)
9. Russia and Iran sign deal to widen military cooperation - Times of Israel
Russia and Iran have signed an agreement to expand their military ties and resolve a long-standing dispute over the sale of a controversial air defense system to the Islamic Republic.
In remarks carried by Russian news agencies, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said in Tehran Tuesday that the new agreement includes expanded counter-terrorism cooperation, exchanges of military personnel for training purposes and an understanding for each country's navy to more frequently use the other's ports. The deal provides for joint exercises and military training, as well as 'cooperation in peacekeeping, maintaining regional and international security and stability, and fighting against separatism and extremism,' the Iranian Defense Ministry website said.
Russia has long been Iran's principal foreign arms supplier but their ties took a major hit in 2010 when Moscow canceled a contract to deliver advanced S-300 ground to air missiles, citing UN sanctions imposed over Tehran's nuclear program. (Read more)
- Lord, as we see the enemies of Israel forging ever stronger ties with each other, we also see You, seated on Your Throne in the heavens . . . watching. We know that it is written that all these things must come to pass that Your word would be fulfilled. We pray for the peace of Jerusalem, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "When you hear of wars and disturbances, do not be terrified; for these things must take place first, but the end does not follow immediately." (Luke 21:19)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Palestinian stabs Tel Aviv commuters in terror attack -Times of Israel
Palestinian man stabbed commuters on a Tel Aviv bus during rush hour Wednesday morning, injuring some 17 people, several seriously, police said.
Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said it was a terror attack. Four of the victims were hospitalized in serious condition, another five were left in a moderate condition, and the remaining were lightly injured according to media reports. (Read more)
2. Eight Israelis still in hospital after TLV bus stabbing spree - Times of Israel
At least twelve people have been injured in a stabbing attack on the No. 40 Dan bus in Tel Aviv. Four victims are in the hospital in serious condition. The suspected attacker, a 23-year-old Palestinian man from Tulkarem, was shot and is in custody. The Times of Israel is liveblogging events as they unfold. (Read more)
3. 'Strike targeted Hezbollah bid to set up missile bases on Golan'- Times of Israel
The reported Israeli strike on the Syrian side of the Golan Heights on Sunday, in which an Iranian general and several leading Hezbollah figures were killed, targeted a Hezbollah project to establish missile bases in the area from which to strike at Israel, an Israeli TV report said Tuesday night.
The report, which quoted Lebanese media and sources, seemed to confirm an earlier story in the London Times which said the Iranian general killed, Mohammed Ali Allahdadi, was a ballistic missile expert who was visiting Syria as part of a project to set up the missile bases near the border with Israel. (Read more)
4. Roadway near border with Lebanon closed - ynet news
A northern section of Route 4, the old coastal road, was closed Tuesday due to its proximity to the border with Lebanon.
Farmers from nearby towns were told to stay away from their fields near the border, while armored personnel carriers and tanks were seen travelling towards Israel's north.
Military sources said the closed section of the road is rarely used and only by local residents. The majority of the traffic in the area passes through the new road, Route 2. (Read more)
5. Canada's FM: A Jewish state today is more important than even a few years ago - Times of Israel
John Baird has no intention of apologizing. The Palestinians would like the Canadian foreign minister to say he's sorry for his government's unabashedly pro-Israel stance. They shouldn't hold their breath.
In fact, Baird is waiting for an apology from Ramallah - not for having his car pelted with eggs and shoes Sunday during his visit there, but for a top Palestinian official's comparison between Israel and terrorists of the Islamic State. (Read more)
6. Development of new tunnel-detection system progressing, IDF source says - Jerusalem Post
Development of a new tunnel-detection system by Israel to help prevent the types of cross-border attacks experienced during last summer's war in Gaza has progressed in recent months, a senior IDF source said Tuesday.
Israel has been seeking a system to provide it with real-time alerts on tunnel digging and underground movement, in order to thwart Hamas's subterranean cross-border network used repeatedly during the conflict to send cells into Israel to commit deadly attacks. Thirty- two cross-border tunnels were destroyed by the IDF during the operation. (Read more)
7. Netanyahu: We will defend ourselves by any means necessary - Israel Hayom
"Israel is adamant that it will have the right to defend itself against all those who wish to propagate terror and other attacks against its citizens, against its territory," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Monday during a meeting with visiting Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. "We will not have our hands tied by anyone, including the International Criminal Court in The Hague. We will do what is necessary to defend ourselves wherever we need to do so."
President Reuven Rivlin also hosted Abe for a work meeting on Monday, and Rivlin thanked the Japanese premier for his efforts to bring peace to the Middle East and the world as a whole. "We know you have excellent relationships with all our neighbors, and it is very important for us that as friends you can help us," Rivlin told Abe. "We are suffering a tragedy that has been going on for the last 150 years.
"We have to bring this conflict to an end, but this can only be done through direct negotiations -- as you know very well, and you are helping us to make this understood by the Palestinians. Going to the U.N. or the ICC, in order to solve a problem that we must solve together, only makes peace more distant." (Read more)
The Daily Jot Part 1
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Civil rights crisis
Ten years into the greatest socialist onslaught of modern American history--four from the previous Bush Administration and six from the current Administration--America faces its greatest civil rights challenge since Martin Luther King, Jr., took to the streets in the 1960's. And no less of an effort will it take to change a country badly in need of not only statesmen, but also patriots who believe by virtue of God's evangelical plan upon America, it is worthy to be saved. Unlike 50 years ago, this is not only about race equality, although that still plays a role, but rather it is about the rights of every citizen, regardless of race, to pursue life based on the right and just provisions of the Constitution.
Every American citizen is under extraordinary and historical attack by the federal government. The national debt is over $18 trillion--that's roughly $57,000 for every man, woman and child. The government will own you, your property and your future if this is allowed to continue. Many have called and written their representatives, only to be ignored. Many others, indoctrinated by "Rapture Theology", believe that it is not their concern because America is flawed and God will rapture them out. Either way, the net impact is a government owning the people rather than serving the people. The people must arise or their civil liberties--their guaranteed civil liberties--will be forever locked in the vault of government malfeasance.
In 1623, Mayflower Pilgrim William Bradford, a devout Christian man, rebelled against his government by deeding ownership of land to the people. The debt to the Mayflower financiers was paid in a fraction of the time. Bradford wrote, "The failure of this experiment of communal service...proves the emptiness of the theory of Plato and other ancients...that the taking away of private property, and the possession of it in community, by a commonwealth, would make a state happy and flourishing; as if they were wiser than God. For in this instance, community of property was found to breed much confusion and discontent and retard much employment which would have been to the general benefit and comfort."
This government is undoing the system of freedom established by our founding Christians. It is breaking longstanding laws of God and by doing so, will replace your food with a diet of tyranny. The question is: Will we rise up as the people of God we are or will we submit to this tyranny, enslaving generations to come? Will we, as Galatians 5:1 compels, "Stand fast in the liberty by which Christ has made us free" or will we succumb to an evil that intends to destroy this nation of Christians? History will judge our generation. History, I do not fear. I do, however, fear my account which will be judged by God Almighty, especially those of us who know the truth and were found wanting.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Daily Jot Part 2
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
The Tipping Point
I often wonder at what point in a man's mind or heart that he decides enough is enough and takes drastic action to change his circumstances. My grandfather seven generations back, David Wilson, fought in the American Revolution. I wonder what was the tipping point where he decided to drop what he was doing, pick up his hunting rifle and aim it at an occupying British soldier. I wonder, even though there is much more written about the subject of the Pilgrims, at what point did my grandfather 14 generations back, William Bradford, decide enough was enough and he braved all danger to life and property to actually get on the Mayflower and help begin this great journey called America.
One afternoon in Atlanta, I had the opportunity to have a late lunch with Dr. Alveda King, daughter of slain civil rights leader A.D. King and niece of the more famous civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr. Alveda was very involved in the civil rights movement as a young girl who lived through both the influential men in her life dying for their cause. I asked her what she thought was the tipping point that made her father and uncle say that enough was enough and began the movement for equality and justice for blacks. She said she really didn't know--that it seemed that the righteousness bubbled through the layers of self preservation and it couldn't be suppressed any longer.
Throughout the history of the United States, great men have made great decisions that had great consequences. Their causes would never had materialized without others, with lesser name or status, catching the vision and moving with the leaders. So the question I am asking Americans today is: What is your tipping point? Is it American lives dying for a false cause of Islamic democracy? Is it that our brave warriors are dying for those who appreciate it so little that they won't give us badly needed oil to lessen our pain on behalf of their freedom? Is it, or will it be, utility bills, fuel bills, food bills that can no longer be paid, or even the lack of food in our bellies? What is the tipping point where Americans will take back America?
Christian Americans are quick to excuse themselves with a quote from Romans 13:1, which says, "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God." They say that we must go along with our rulers because the Bible says so. But they don't understand that in America, we choose our rulers. They are a reflection of us. And if they are leading us down the path of destruction, we the people, must stop them and change the course. So again, what is the tipping point America? Will you wait until you belly is so empty and you are too weak, or will righteousness soon boil through the fleshly comfort of your self preservation?
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Crisis in Niger
Crisis in Niger:
Militant Islam Marches On
Over the weekend, Islamic mobs took to the streets in Niger. They were not protesting the perversion of Islam by radical militants. Instead they were rioting in protest of the Paris newspaper Charlie Hebdo. And they took out their anger against the most logical target they could think of -- Christians.
The BBC reports that 45 churches were burned to the ground. Christian schools and orphanages were also attacked. At least ten people were killed and scores were injured. (Gary Bauer)
- Lord God Almighty in heaven, today we lift up a desperate prayer for our brothers and sisters in Christ who are living in Niger. We understand that there are now some who have gone into hiding. Protect them, O Lord, we pray. Shield them with Your feathers; and bring comfort to those who mourn. We ask this in Jesus name, amen.
- "Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy! I look to you for protection. I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings until this violent storm is past. I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill his purpose for me. He will send help from heaven to save me, rescuing me from those who are out to get me. My God will send forth his unfailing love and faithfulness." (Psalm 57:1-3 NLT).
- Father God, as You know Charlie Hebdo is a vile, pornographic satirist magazine that could not be printed in this country. The editor was an atheist. This piece of news needs to be propagated across the Muslim world. For once President Obama got it right. We did not participate in the "Je suis Charlie" demonstrations in Paris. Je ne suis Charlie, but Je suis Christian"! Thank you for protecting us and keeping the USA from participating in these demonstrations. Lord, we speak peace to the Muslim world at this time. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "Woe unto them that decree unrighteous decrees, and to the writers that write perverseness." (Isaiah 10:1)
Today's Birthdays on the Hill
Today we want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Rep. Kevin Cramer (North Dakota)
Rep. Matt Salmon (Arizona)
God bless you!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Chris Tomlin - "Our God"
Two Daily Conference Calls
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!