AGLOW sponsors a Global Prayer Strike
tonight at 10:00 p.m. EST
Conference Line: 712.432.3066
Access Code: 754058
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, January 12, 2015
"Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me.
All day long I put my hope in you." (Psalm 25:5)
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:11)
The Daily Brief
1. MARCH OF UNITY: Nearly 4 million rally across France to denounce terror - Fox News
Tens of thousands of people including more than 40 world leaders streamed into the heart of Paris on Sunday for a rally of national unity to honor the 17 victims of three days of terror.
The aftermath of the attacks remained raw, with video emerging of one of the gunmen killed during police raids pledging allegiance to the Islamic State group and detailing how the attacks were going to unfold. Also, a new shooting was linked to that gunman, Amedy Coulibaly, who was killed Friday along with the brothers behind a massacre at satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo in nearly simultaneous raids by security forces.
Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas were among the leaders attending, as were top representatives of Russia and Ukraine. German Chancellor Angela Merkel and British Prime Minister David Cameron were alongside Hollande at the front of the crowd, Sky News reports.
U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is in Paris this week to attend a meeting on fighting terrorism, but did not participate in the march. There are also no known reports of members of Congress attending the event. Before the march began, a moment of silence was observed for the 17 who died in the violence. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise that world leaders realize that they need to unite and clearly state that they are against violent terrorism being carried out within any of their nations. We lift up these world leaders to You for Your direction and wisdom to be poured upon their spirits and souls. We admit we are saddened that the delegate from the US, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, is present in Paris but neither he nor our national leadership are calling these acts what they are, acts of Islamic terrorism, which other nations are truthfully stating. Father, arise and confront our national leadership to speak the truth about these acts and to deal with them in a manner which will protect the interests and people of the US. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered; let those also who hate Him flee before Him." (Psalm 68:1 NKJV)
2. France's most wanted woman may have traveled to Syria, reports say
- Fox News
France's most wanted woman, the wife of the terrorist gunman who stormed a Parisian kosher grocery and killed four hostages, may be in war-torn Syria, reports said on Saturday.
French police have been conducting an intense manhunt for Hayat Boumeddiene, whose husband Amedy Coulibaly was killed after shooting dead a police officer and taking hostages at the grocery on Friday.
People familiar with the matter told The Wall Street Journal that Boumeddiene left France before this week's carnage which began with the massacre of 12 people in a command-style attack at the office of the satirical Charlie Hebdo magazine Wednesday. She crossed into Syria from Turkey, the people told the paper.
The Associated Press reported Saturday that a Turkish intelligence official said authorities believe Boumeddiene came through Turkey days before and also believe she may have crossed into Syria. The official said a woman by the same name of the common law wife of Amedy Coulibaly flew to Istanbul on Jan. 2. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, may this woman, who is the Islamic wife of one the Parisian terrorists, be found and may the truth be exposed if she participated in any of these acts before fleeing to Syria. If there is any way to find out what she knows of further terrorist plans, may that come forth so officials in nations being targeted can prepare to stop or lessen the impact. We ask You, Father, to raise up Your right hand and cause this to happen, praying in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Give us help from trouble, for the help of man is useless. Through God we will do valiantly, for it is He who shall tread down our enemies." (Psalm 108:12-13 NKJV)
3. Netanyahu to French, European Jews after Paris attacks: Israel is your home - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reached out to French and European Jews on Saturday evening in the wake of two deadly attacks in Paris that left at least 17 victims without their lives this week. "I want to tell the Jews of France and the Jews of Europe - the State of Israel is your home," he said. The premier said the attacks in the French capital stood as "direct continuation of terrorist attack in the modern world" and warned that despite the different names of terrorist groups, they are all "driven by the same hatred and fanaticism that know no bounds." He appealed to the international community to "come to its senses," stating that terrorism has sprouted from its base in the Middle East and continues to strike in various locations around the world. (Read more)
- Abba Father, may Your special people located in the EU hear the Biblically based appeal that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is extending to them. May they receive and understand within their spirits that 'aliyah' to their Biblical homeland is something they should understand and act upon, praying this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore hear a word from My mouth, and give them warning from Me." (Ezekiel 3:17 NKJV)
4. US issues global travel warning after terror attacks- AP
The United States has issued a global travel warning after recent terror attacks in France, Australia and Canada.
The alert comes hours after French police killed three hostage-takers in a pair of incidents. Two of the men are believed responsible for Wednesday's attack on a satirical magazine in Paris. Twelve people were killed in that assault, France's deadliest terror incident in decades.
The State Department's warning says attacks against Americans are becoming increasingly prevalent. It also cites an increased risk of reprisals against U.S. and Western targets for the U.S.-led intervention against Islamic State militants in Syria and Iraq.
The warning also cited last month's hostage standoff at a Sydney cafe and the October killing of a soldier near Canada's parliament. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise that US citizens are being warned to be alert as to possible terrorist events as they seek to travel internationally. We ask that they be aware of the same for travel within the US as well. Father, awaken more fully Your remnant and Your special people about the times we are now living in and to the challenges involved, calling them close to You so they will seek and receive Your plans and will for their lives. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself; the simple pass on and are punished." (Proverbs 27:12 NKJV)
5. Holder: French attacks point to threats to US - The Hill
Attorney General Eric Holder said Sunday that the possibility of a Paris-style terrorist attack in the United States is very real and keeps him "up at night." "I certainly think that the possibility of such attacks exists in the United States," Holder told CBS's "Face the Nation" on Sunday. "It is something that we worry about all the time. It is something that we meet about all the time." (Read more here)
- Lord God, we thank You that we do not need to depend only upon the resources of men to deliver us from evil; but we have Your love over us and Your Word within us to keep us safe in perilous times. We pray for salvation for Eric Holder, that he might find this peace, too. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- ". . . deliver us from evil . . ." (Matthew 6:13)
6. Deciphering Obama's chemistry with Congress -- or lack of it - Fox News
He hardly ever calls. When he does, it's all business. And that's President Barack Obama's vibe with top Democrats on Capitol Hill.
With Republicans, there's even less chemistry. But GOP congressional leaders don't show much inclination to buddy up to the president, either. When the president sits down with eight top legislators -- four from each party -- at the White House on Tuesday, there's little expectation it will usher in a new era of comity and cooperation.
Republican leaders will head to the White House already peeved with the president for his recent veto threats and go-it-alone policy moves. Democratic leaders, now in the minority party in both chambers, will find themselves less relevant. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we bring this 'deadlock' situation before Your throne and ask for You to direct what is happening between the presidential and the congressional branches. We know that You alone can resolve what appears in our flesh to be unsolvable. Have mercy, Father, and arise, so that our nation may move more towards Your plans and will for us. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all. For God will bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether good or evil." (Ecclesiastes 12:14 NKJV)
7. House passes bill to approve Keystone - The Hill
The House on Friday passed a bill to approve construction of the Keystone XL pipeline hours after a Nebraska court ruling gave the proposed route a green light. Passage fell largely along party lines, 266-153, with 28 Democrats joining nearly all Republicans in favor. Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) voted "present."
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said the Senate would hold a cloture vote on Monday evening.
The Senate legislation has 60 co-sponsors, the minimum needed for a filibuster-proof majority. Sponsors of the bill say an additional three Democrats have indicated support for the legislation, bringing votes in favor of the $8 billion oil sands project to 63.
But that still falls below the necessary 67 votes for a veto-proof majority.
McConnell said he expects the Senate to pass the legislation and wants it to be the first item sent to Obama's desk by the 114th Congress. Republicans have control of both the Senate and House for the first time since 2006. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask for Your perfect will to be done regarding this critical piece of legislation. We ask in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven . . ." (Matthew 6:10)
8. Congress Reads the Constitution Out Loud - Washington Post
For the third time in history, members of the House of Representatives on Friday read the U.S. Constitution out loud. To view this historic occasion, go here.
- Lord God, we thank You that, for three years in a row now, the U.S. Congress sets aside time during its first week of business to read, out loud, the words of the United States Constitution. We thank You, Lord, for this amazing document, and the order and the peace it brings to our land. Thank You, Lord, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord!" (Psalm 150:6)
9. Reid might lose eyesight after exercise injury but touts workout routine as proof he's fit to govern - Fox News
Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid says he could lose sight in one eye as a result of an exercise accident but is optimistic about a full recovery including running for re-election in 2016.
The 75-year-old Nevada Democrat said he sustained the injury and several others while exercising at home on New Year's Day. Reid, the Senate's top Democrat, told an NPR affiliate in Las Vegas that he was injured when an exercise band snapped and "catapulted" him into cabinets but also touted his exercise regime that includes hundreds of pushups several days a week. Reid sustained a concussion and broke four ribs and several bones around the severely injured right eye, which kept him from returning this week to Capitol Hill for the first days of the new, 114th congressional session.
Reid said he cannot see as long as blood remains accumulated in the eye, but his doctor are "hopeful" about a full recovery. He said he was just finishing his regimen when the band broke and he was "catapulted . . . backwards and to one side. And I crashed into a series of cabinets."
Though Reid said the thinks he's "doing pretty good," he acknowledged the recovery "is going to take a bit of time" and that he'll miss the annual congressional Democratic retreat, scheduled for next week in Philadelphia. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we bring Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid before You and ask for Your mercy and Your special healing to be poured over him. We ask for restoration of his sight in his right eye and that his broken bones be fully healed. We ask that You abide over him, draw him unto You for full redemption and direct his path as to his future. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Wait for the Lord, and He will save You." (Proverbs 20:22b NKJV)
10. BREAKING - White House announces international summit in February on thwarting 'violent extremism' - Fox News
The White House said Sunday it will hold an international summit next month in Washington on thwarting violent extremism, following recent terror attacks in Canada, Australia and now France.
The summit is scheduled for Feb. 18 and will focus on domestic and international efforts to "prevent extremists and their supporters from radicalizing, recruiting and inspiring individuals and groups in the United States and abroad from committing acts of violence," the White House said.
The summit will build on U.S. strategy to address the threat of violent extremism and is expected to highlight leading effort in such cities such as Boston, Los Angeles and Minneapolis-St. Paul on crime prevention and community safety. (Read more)
- Lord God, on one level, this seems to be a move in the right direction, but on the other hand, there are reasons for nations to safeguard some of their own intelligence secrets for their own well-being. We ask that the agenda for this summit would be Your agenda, and only Your plans and purposes for this ingathering be fulfilled. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:22)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. France Told Bibi: If You Come, We'll Invite Abbas - Israel National News
Channel 2 reported Sunday that there was some ugly international wrangling behind the scenes of Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's changing plans for attending the rally in Paris Sunday.
Netanyahu's bureau said Saturday evening that the prime minister would not be attending the anti-terror rally, citing security considerations. A short time later, however, it turned out that he would indeed be going.
According to the report, Jerusalem and Paris exchanged diplomatic blows over the matter. Netanyahu contacted a "senior French official" and asked to attend the rally, but France said it did not want him there, because his presence would create "difficulty in arranging the rally."
Netanyahu agreed and said he would not fly, but changed his mind when he learned that ministers Naftali Bennett and Avigdor Liberman intend to attend the rally.
He informed the French of the decision, and in response the French said that if Netanyahu attends, they would invite Mahmoud Abbas as well. (Read more)
- Lord God, we are truly grieved at this report. We ask that You grant Your wisdom to the leaders of France in days ahead, that their diplomacy would be that of Your Kingdom. We ask this in the name of Yeshua, amen.
- "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." (Luke 23:34)
2. Bennett: How Can You Invite A Terrorist to an Anti-Terror Rally?
- Israel National News
The last person who should have been invited to the million-plus rally in Paris Sunday, said Economics Minister Naftali Bennett, was Palestinian Authority chief Mahmoud Abbas. "If we want to fight terror, we have to call it by name. Both Abbas and the Emir of Qatar, who was also invited to the rally, have their hands full of the blood of terror. How can the West fight terror if it is willing to live with terror?"
Abbas is a known Holocaust denier, Bennett told Arutz Sheva from Paris, where he took part in the rally, and inviting such a person to an anti-terror event "makes a farce of the whole thing. We have to wake up and call this what it is - not generic 'terror,' but Islamic terror that is hitting us with full force."(Read more)
3. Hamas slams Abbas 'hypocrisy' for Paris trip - Times of Israel
Palestinian terror group Hamas criticized Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Sunday for his attendance at a Paris rally in solidarity with the victims of last week's terror attacks in the French capital.
"This behavior is part of the hypocrisy and political acrobatics typical to Abbas," said senior Hamas official Mahmoud al-Zahar according to Ynet. (Read more)
4. In Gaza, Hamas and the PA are at each other's throats again - Times of Israel
By the end of last week, dozens of houses throughout the Gaza Strip were flooded by rainwater. Three babies froze to death. The humanitarian conditions continue to be bad, perhaps the worst in the past two decades, due to the withholding of the salaries of PA and Hamas employees. And yet, amid all the tumult, Hamas (the same organization that condemned the Charlie Hebdo attack in Paris) found the time to clash with the Palestinian Authority and Fatah.
It started before the last rainfall, with a visit of the Palestinian unity government ministers to Gaza that ended in bitter disappointment for the residents there. Senior Hamas official Moussa Abu Marzouk promised that all disputes between Hamas and the PA were resolved. However, immediately afterward, a PA statement declared that nothing had been decided. From there on, things began to deteriorate quickly. (Read more)
5. Netanyahu, in Paris shul, thanks France for firm stance on anti-Semitism - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday he appreciated the "very firm position" taken by French leaders against "the new anti-Semitism and terrorism" in France, speaking after millions of French gathered to rally for unity in the face of terror.
He also thanked Lassana Bathily, the Muslim employee of a Jewish supermarket who saved several hostages during a jihadist attack on Friday.
"Our common enemy is radical, extremist Islam - not normal Islam," Netanyahu said in an address at the Grand Synagogue in Paris, after briefly joining other world leaders in a mammoth march against extremism through the capital that drew up to 1.6 million people. (Read more)
6. IDF prepares for sea attack by Hezbollah in the north of Israel - Jerusalem Online
Construction of an underwater barrier off of the coast of Rosh Hanikrah is conducted under heavy security. This underwater barrier will prevent divers and sea craft from reaching the Israeli northern shore. (Read more)
7. Weekly Alert from Intercessors for Israel - IFI
To read this week's prayer alert, please go here.
8. Weekly Alert from Bridges for Peace - BFP
To read this week's prayer alert, please go here.
9. Weekly Alert from Hebrew Nation News - HNN
To read this week's prayer alert, please go here.
Boko Haram kills 2,000 people in one attack
NIGERIA: Boko Haram kills 2,000 people in one attack
The terror thugs attacked the town of Baga on Tuesday night and Wednesday. As many as 2,000 people died, mostly women, children and elderly, Amnesty International said.
The bloodthirsty Nigerian terror group Boko Haram killed as many as 2,000 people in a horrific attack, Amnesty International said Friday.
Hundreds of bodies were still strewn in the bush in the town of Baga, near the border with Chad. Most victims were children, women and elderly people who could not run fast enough to escape the murderers.
The insurgents stormed the town, firing rocket-propelled grenades and assault rifles at terrified residents and torching buildings and homes, survivors said.
"I escaped with my family in the car after seeing how Boko Haram was killing people. I saw bodies in the street," Mohamed Bukar said after fleeing to Maiduguri. "Children and women, some were crying for help."
Amnesty International called it the "deadliest massacre" in the history of Boko Haram, which entered infamy in 2014 when fighters kidnapped 276 schoolgirls. "The human carnage perpetrated by Boko Haram terrorists in Baga was enormous," said Muhammad Abba Gava, a spokesman for a group of poorly armed civilian fighters.
The defense group had given up on counting bodies. "No one could attend to the corpses, and even the seriously injured ones who may have died by now," Gava said.
The government and Red Cross were providing aid to some 2,000 people who fled the town.
The insurgency killed more than 10,000 people in 2014, according to the Council on Foreign Relations.
More than 1 million people are displaced inside Nigeria and hundreds of thousands have fled into Chad and Cameroon due to the carnage. (New York Daily News) Read more here.
- Lord God, we recoil in absolute horror at this report. WHERE IS THE RAGE? We understand why millions marched yesterday against terrorism, but who is marching in protest against this tragedy in Nigeria? Abba Father, we cry out tonight on behalf of the widows and the orphans who have survived this slaughter, and we ask that this news not be "buried" in the networks, but broadcast across the globe. We call forth a groundswell of support on the global level for those who are actively fighting Boko Haram, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "My soul weeps because of grief; Strengthen me according to Your word."
A Message from France
A Message from France
[This message was sent to us by one of our Prayer Partners on Friday afternoon. We thank Judy and take heed to her heartcry and to her words.]
Dear Friends of France,
Thank you for the emails, texts and calls concerning the terrorist attacks in France and my safety. I am in the Paris area and safe. God is faithful to protect me, and I will follow His direction to the best of my ability. I do appreciate your prayers.
As you may know, the satirical magazine "Charlie Hebdo " came under attack Wednesday after publishing cartoons which were taken as offensive to some Muslims. Twelve people in the offices of the magazine were killed, and finally just today two of the terrorists were killed and one surrendered. Also, two police, one man and one woman, have been killed by the terrorists in the past 2 days.
During this incident at Charlie Hebdo, a Kosher supermarket in the Jewish sector was also under attack by two terrorists, four people were killed, and many hostages taken but finally released. One terrorist was killed. His female partner in the attack is at large at this time. The two incidents were done in cooperation with each other. There have also been several other acts of retaliation.
Please pray for the families and friends of the victims and for the protection of the people of Paris, and France in general, regarding this situation. They are fearful and wondering if there may be more incidents. However, the French are standing together against the evil of terrorists, determined to continue and support their freedoms--specifically the freedom of the pen. As well as the paper signs many people around the world are exhibiting in front of themselves online saying "Je suis Charlie" (I am Charlie) and in various languages, there is presently a large sign across the Arch of Triumph saying in French, "I am Charlie." This attack, instead of dividing, is uniting Parisians.
Please also continue to pray for the salvation of the people of France. . . and we must also include the terrorists. If they come to belief in Jesus, there will be peace.
God wishes none should perish, but that all should have everlasting life. (2 Peter 3:9)
Thank you for your love and concern. God bless you.
In His service,
VIVE LA FRANCE AVEC JÉSUS!
LONG LIVE FRANCE WITH JESUS!
[You may contact Judy at: email@example.com ]
Good News from France
Good News from France:
On November 7th, 2014, Believers in France held their first-ever
National Day of Repentance!
Last November 7th, the Believers in France held a National Day of Repentance initiated from French intercessor's prophecies that Paris, the "City of Lights," and the nation of France, will now be taken back as an adornment for the Bride of Christ, and will now display,
"The True Light of the World, the Light of Jesus Christ."
May the righteous seeds of repentance bear much fruit in France. May many more be saved unto Jesus throughout France and throughout the whole world and universe that He has created!"The Lord is King forever and ever; the nations have perished our of His land. Lord, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, to do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, that the man of the earth may oppress no more." (Psalm 10:16-18)
In Jesus' Mighty Name we pray. Amen.
(Source: This Week's Bible Study with Susan L. Turner, below.)
In Jesus' Mighty Name we pray. Amen.
(Source: This Week's Bible Study with Susan L. Turner, below.)
- Father God, we thank You for the move of Your Spirit that birthed this National Day of Repentance for the nation of France, and for the obedience of Your saints who participated in this all-night prayer vigil. We ask You to comfort the saints of France in this hour, to know that their labor has not been in vain but that You have indeed heard their cries for their nation to turn back to you, and that You are answering. We ask this prayer today in Jesus' precious name, amen and amen.
- "I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud and your sins like a heavy mist. Return to Me, for I have redeemed you." (Isaiah 44:22)
The Daily Jot
Monday, January 12, 2015
Terrorist cells in the US
The ranking minority member of the Senate Intelligence Committee believes there are terrorist cells in the United States similar to the one that attacked a French media outlet, killing over a dozen people in revenge for printing cartoons about the Islamic prophet Mohammad. Senator Diane Feinstein (D-Ca) told CNN, "I think there are sleeper cells not only in France, but certainly in other countries and, yes, in our own. This calls for vigilance...Hopefully, we can be more active in terms of doing those things which enable us to find terrorists, see who they're communicating with and to track that." Feinstein seems to ignore that her party's White House has refused to secure the US borders, allowing such infiltration.
While some 40 world leaders were marching with thousands of others in unity in France against Islamic terrorism, the president snubbed the event by staying home to watch the NFL playoffs, according to the UK Daily Mail, sending lame duck attorney general Eric Holder instead. Holder also skipped the rally, but appeared on several US morning television shows. The Daily Mail wrote: "The US was represented at the march only by Jane Hartley, the American ambassador to France who is unrecognizable to most Americans, let alone the rest of the world." The "president" is often immersed in symbolism to show compassion, this however, would have been a show against Islam.
The march in France, whether the US showed up or not, would never have had to occur if France would have secured its own borders against Islam--a mistake soon to likely reveal itself in the US. No matter how many world leaders gather on the public stage to stand arm in arm and sing Kumbaya against Islamic terrorism, the reality of the Islamic brutality will not subside. Islam is a political system that uses religion to marshal its forces to bring others into submission to it. Islam, wherever it is, is incompatible with and an enemy to freedom. Look at the heads piled up wherever it goes and anyone with any sense can see that it is not a religion, let alone a religion of peace.
France is an example of what happens when so-called "peaceful" Muslims are allowed to colonize a Western democracy. The radical elements grow stronger as the population "settles." The same is happening in America. The American "president's" Islamist Marxist worldview sees America as something so degenerate that it must be "remade." The "president" was not born or raised in America. He is a hireling not a shepherd. As Jesus says in John 10:13, "The hireling flees, because he is an hireling, and cares not for the sheep." Many would also depict the "president" as a ravening wolf in sheep's clothing. Either way, there are likely terrorist cells in the US--many in the high places of spiritual wickedness.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of January 11 - 17, 2015
Written by: Susan L. Turner
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter,go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
The Good News Corner
UK Calls for Zero Tolerance Policy on Country's Growing Anti-Semitism
Recently, a rally was held in central London to force legislators to address the issue. Community leaders have demanded a zero-tolerance approach to anti-Semitic crime, and the government is paying attention.
(United Kingdom)-Less than a week after BBC boss Danny Cohen, speaking at a conference in Jerusalem, stated, "I've never felt so uncomfortable being a Jew in the UK as I've felt in the last 12 months," the British government issued a statement that it is doing something about it.
Anti-Semitism Hits Record Levels
Cohen's comments came on the heels of an announcement that anti-Semitic incidents in Britain hit record annual levels in 2014.
The Gatestone Institute, in an article titled, "The Islamization of Britain in 2014," draws a direct correlation between the increase in the Muslim population in the country and the rise in violence and, specifically, anti-Semitic incidents.
Great Britain has the third-largest Muslim population in the EU, after France and Germany. With the Muslim population in Great Britain reaching 3.4 million in 2014, this represents approximately 5.3 percent of the overall population, which is approximately 64 million, the Gatestone article points out. This past summer in particular saw the highest figures of anti-Semitic incidents ever recorded, according to the Community Security Trust (CST), an organization that monitors anti-Semitism in Great Britain. . .
This new spike in anti-Semitism has left the Jewish community in Great Britain shaken and worried for their future. This week's vote at the UN to approve the PA bid for a Palestinian State, although defeated, adds to their concern. The UK, abstained from the vote, however, London's ambassador to the UN, Mark Lyall Grant, said that the UK "supports much of the content of the draft resolution. It is therefore with deep regret that we abstained on it." . . .
(United with Israel; Reported by Breaking Christian News)
Read more here.
Signs and Wonders
Rare 'ice halo' seen in the sky over New Mexico
Arctic blast continues to sweep across the US
Chill is expected to last until at least next Thursday
A rare 'ice halo' was seen above New Mexico has as the arctic blast continued to make its way across the country, causing temperatures to plummet below freezing in dozens of cities.
It comes as weather forecasters predict the cold snap will continue into next week and could even reach parts of southern Texas.
According to the Weather Channel, cities from New England to the Ohio Valley are being warned to brace for snow and sleet as the mercury continues to drop. The wintry conditions will continue for the rest of the weekend and could last until Thursday, according to experts.
With sub-zero temperatures, severe wind chills and snowfall, millions across the eastern US have been desperately trying to stay warm this week. (Daily Mail UK) Read more here.
- Heavenly Father, we know that these unique weather conditions can bring their own special beauty and awe. However we also fall before You and ask mercy for the many people who do not have enough resources to keep themselves and their loved ones warm. We ask that You abide in their midst and direct them to where they may go to be warm and protected. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me. Whoever offers praise glorifies Me; and to him who orders his conduct aright I will show the salvation of God." (Psalm 50:15 and 23 NKJV)
"I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke." (Acts 2:19)
Today's Birthday on the Hill
Today we want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (TX)
God bless you.
Today's Worship Selection
Oh God Our Help in Ages Past
1-O God, our help in ages past, our hope for years to come,
Our shelter from the stormy blast, and our eternal home.
2-Under the shadow of your throne your saints have dwelt secure;
Sufficient is your arm alone, and our defense is sure.
3-Before the hills in order stood, or earth received its frame,
From everlasting you are God, to endless years the same.
4-A thousand ages in your sight are like an evening gone,
Short as the watch that ends the night before the rising sun.
5-Time, like an ever-rolling stream, soon bears us all away;
We fly forgotten, as a dream fades at the opening day.
6-O God, our help in ages past, our hope for years to come,
Still be our God while troubles last, and our eternal home!
(This classic hymn can be found here.)
Two Daily Conference Calls
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!