Sunday, January 18th:Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
National Sanctity of Life Sunday
Go here for details.
Governor Bobby Jindal Sponsors "The Response to a Nation in Crisis" -- One Day of United Prayer in Baton Rouge, LA on Sat., Jan. 24th. Go here.
National Sanctity of Life Sunday
Go here for details.
Governor Bobby Jindal Sponsors "The Response to a Nation in Crisis" -- One Day of United Prayer in Baton Rouge, LA on Sat., Jan. 24th. Go here.
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
"Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you." (Psalm 25:5))
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:11)
The Daily Brief
1. Senate Democrats look to tweak bill on Keystone XL pipeline - CNSNews.com
Democrats hoped to use Senate consideration of the Keystone XL oil pipeline to get Republicans on the record about climate change and to resurrect parts of a bipartisan energy efficiency bill doomed by pipeline politics last year.
The first bill of the Republican-controlled Senate seeks to approve construction of the long-delayed pipeline. Democrats and Republicans plan to use the debate, which is expected to drag into next week, to score political points.
The measure has sparked intense debate over the Canada-to-Texas pipeline's potential impact on employment and the environment, yet there was little or no doubt that it would overcome the vote to proceed on the bill Monday night. Republicans said they hoped it could win final approval and be sent to the White House by the end of next week. (Read more)
- [Excerpt of Statement by Rick Santorum]
"We need to round up enough votes in the Senate to overrule Barack Obama's veto. Thousands and thousands of American jobs are on the line. . . stopping Keystone is one of the President's top priorities. . . Keystone will pass the House. It will pass the Senate. But not by enough votes to override Obama's veto. At least not yet."
- Pray in agreement with this statement, asking our Lord to turn the hearts of every member of Congress and the Senate so that an expected veto can be overridden. Pray!
- "The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He wishes." (Proverbs 21:1) > > > Applied to "princes," too.
2. Appeals Court Hears Arkansas, North Dakota Abortion Cases - CNSNews.com
A closely watched legal fight over two of the nation's most stringent abortion bans resumed Tuesday, with attorneys for North Dakota and Arkansas asking a federal appeals court to reinstate two laws overturned by two separate lower federal courts.
The 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in St. Louis heard back-to-back oral arguments Tuesday but made no immediate ruling after giving each side 15 minutes to present its case.
Several questions by the three-judge panel suggested that the two states face a difficult task to uphold laws that seemingly challenge the U.S. Supreme Court standard established more than four decades ago in Roe vs. Wade.(Read more)
- Lord God Almighty, we appeal to You in the High Court in Heaven for righteousness to reign in both of these cases. Let Your Kingdom come, we pray, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live." (Deuteronomy 30:19)
3. Nancy Pelosi to name first Muslim lawmaker to House intelligence committee - POLITICO
Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi announced in a closed-door meeting Tuesday she would name the first Muslim lawmaker to the House's Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. A senior Democratic aide said Rep. André Carson of Indiana would be named in the "coming days" to the key national security-focused panel. Pelosi (D-Calif.) told lawmakers of the appointment during the members' weekly caucus meeting.
Carson would be the first Muslim to serve on the committee and was the second Muslim to be elected to Congress. He already serves on the Armed Services Committee and worked for the Department of Homeland Security's Fusion Center - the clearinghouse established by the federal government to streamline data sharing between the CIA, FBI, Department of Justice and the military.
The intelligence committee will most likely tackle a series of high-profile international crises during the 114th Congress, including the threat of Islamic militants and Ukraine. (Read more)
- Lord God Almighty, we do not understand such a move. In the current climate, when the nations are on high alert for a possible attack by Islamists in either ISIS or al Qaeda, we need to "circle the wagons" against infiltrators and take care of our own. We ask for an outcry of opposition to this appointment to spring forth, and that Ms. Pelosi would see the writing on the wall and withdraw this appointment. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "O let the evil of the wicked come to an end, but establish the righteous . . ."
"Should you help the wicked and love those that hate the Lord? Therefore the wrath of the Lord is upon you." (2 Chronicles 19:2b)
4. US Centcom Twitter account hacked by pro-IS group - BBC
The Twitter and YouTube accounts of the US military command were suspended for a few hours after being hacked by a group claiming to back Islamic State. One message on Centcom's Twitter feed said: "American soldiers, we are coming, watch your back." It was signed by Isis, another name for the Islamic State. Some internal military documents also appeared on the Centcom Twitter feed.
Centcom said it was "cyber-vandalism" and not a serious data breach. In a statement, it said there was no operational impact and no classified information was posted. "We are viewing this purely as a case of cyber-vandalism," it said. Later on Monday, its Twitter feed became visible again, although not active.
Embarrassingly, the hack happened as President Barack Obama was giving a speech on cyber-security. (Read more)
- Father, give us insight on how to protect ourselves from terrorists sending us threatening messages. Spoil all their plans of evil, in Jesus Name. Whatever plans they devise, may they be filled with confusion and disorganization.
- "The LORD frustrates the plans of the nations and thwarts all their schemes." (Psalm 33:10)
5. France mobilizes 10,000 troops at home after Paris shootings;
5,000 extra police officers to protect Jewish sites - Reuters
France will deploy 10,000 soldiers on home soil by Tuesday and post almost 5,000 extra police officers to protect Jewish sites after the killing of 17 people by Islamist militants in Paris last week, officials said.
Speaking a day after the biggest French public demonstration ever recorded, in honor of the victims, Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said the country remained at risk of further attacks. Soldiers would guard transport hubs, tourism sites and key buildings and mount general street patrols.
"The threats remain and we have to protect ourselves from them. It is an internal operation that will mobilize almost as many men as we have in our overseas operations," Le Drian told reporters after a cabinet meeting. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for the example that France is now setting to protect its people from another anticipated terrorist attack. We ask that You would grant the same wisdom to those in authority in our nation, that they go beyond only analyzing all the data that is being fed into the fusion centers to taking action on our behalf. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves." (James 1:22)
6. Defiance, sorrow as terror victims are mourned in France, Israel - CNN
They came by the thousands -- in France and in Israel -- to cry, to honor and never to forget.
Mourners on Tuesday remembered beloved sons and daughters who became terrorist targets in three attacks last week in France. They died at the hands of three Islamist extremists who tried to use religion to justify their slaughter.
If Sunday was a day for unity, Tuesday was a day to grieve.
That's what happened in Jerusalem, where Israeli leaders joined thousands to remember the four victims of the eastern Paris grocery store siege and to support their loved ones as they were buried. The four men -- Philippe Braham, Yohan Cohen, Yoav Hattab and François-Michel Saada -- were shot dead Friday. "I'm crying," Braham's wife told the mourners. "But I know that you all cry with me."
At a ceremony 2,000 miles away in Paris, French President François Hollande posthumously gave the Legion d'Honneur to Merabet, Jean-Philippe and Franck Brinsolaro, laying medals on the coffins of all three slain police officers. Merabet was buried later Tuesday, while the other two will be laid to rest in the coming days.
"They shared one desire: that of protecting their citizens," Hollande said. "They had one ideal: that of serving the republic. They died in accomplishing their mission with courage, with bravery, with dignity. "They died as police officers." (Read more)
- Father God in Heaven, we turn to You again tonight, asking for Your Hand of comfort to rest upon all who mourn in Israel and in France. In their time of grieving, may each one come to know You, dear Lord, as their Savior and their Lord, and may they experience "the peace that passeth all understanding," in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Blessed are those that mourn, for they shall be comforted." (Matthew 5:4)
7. French Parliament Begins To Sing National Anthem After Moment Of Silence For Terror Victims - Huffington Post
After a moment of silence Tuesday to honor victims of the terror attacks in France, the French Parliament's National Assembly spontaneously sang "La Marseillaise," the country's national anthem.
In the video above, one male voice in the chamber can be heard singing before others join in. It was the first time the National Assembly had sung "La Marseillaise" together since 1918, Slate noted. (Read more)
- We agree with the decrees spoken forth during last night's Global Prayer Strike, sponsored by AGLOW International. May the nation of France arise now to rediscover her true identity, and thereby come to know the King of all kings and the Lord of all lords. We praise God for the spontaneous move of unity that has sprung up within the hearts of these dear French citizens, and we pray God's best and His protection upon each one in the days ahead. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)
8. Hundreds of 'No-Go Zones' Across France Are Off-Limits to Non-Muslims - Fox News
In the wake of the terror attacks in Paris, some are questioning if France has helped fuel the rise of radical Islam by allowing "no-go zones," areas that are off-limits to non-Muslims. There are an estimated 750 no-go zones across France, large, insular neighborhoods where the government has all but surrendered authority to the Muslim community. Many of these areas are governed by Islamic Sharia law, and the state is unable to provide even basic public aid such as police, fire and ambulance services. (Read More)
- Father God, once again, we agree with the decree of AGLOW on last night's Global Prayer Strike, that You will go into these "no-go zones" and make Yourself known to those within, manifesting Yourself to them. Father God, we thank You that it is written that nothing is too difficult for You, so we entrust this burden to You, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.'" (Isaiah 65:1)
9. Christianity Is Exploding In China And The Communist Party Isn't Happy - Business Insider
While Christianity is waning in many parts of the world, in China it is growing rapidly - despite state strictures. The rise in evangelical Protestantism in particular, driven both by people's spiritual yearnings and individual human needs in a collective society, is taking place in nearly every part of the nation. (Read more)
- Father, thank You for this report of Christianity growing rapidly in China. We pray protection for our brothers and sisters in China. Send them laborers who will disciple, encourage, and work among them, to help them grow and flourish in Your kingdom. In Your Name we pray, amen.
- He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.(Luke 10:2)
10. North Korea Warns of "War Disaster" Over US Sanctions - Hebrew Nation Online
North Korea has threatened the United States "with a hail of bullets and shells on its own territory" if it does not withdraw sanctions, the North's state news agency reported on Thursday.
U.S. President Barack Obama issued an executive order last week authorizing expanded sanctions against North Korea after a hacking attack on Sony Pictures Entertainment, which Washington blamed on Pyongyang. North Korea, which has denied it was responsible for the hacking, routinely uses aggressive rhetoric, often warning of war against its sworn enemies the United States and South Korea.
"The U.S. should roll back its hostile policy towards the DPRK of its own accord if it does not want to suffer a war disaster," the KCNA news agency reported, citing the National Defence Commission, which is headed by leader Kim Jong Un.
- Heavenly Father, we ask You to take control over these sanctions from the US, which are provoking the leadership in North Korea to respond with serious counter threats. Father, we ask You to have mercy and to defuse these mutual actions, which are encouraging warfare that will benefit neither side, with fallout from nuclear warfare. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
-"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap." (Galatians 6:7)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Jews Are Leaving France: 10,000 to Arrive in Israel in 2015 - Jewish Press
France is bleeding Jews. The onslaught of radical Islamic terror combined with growing anti-Semitism has finally persuaded the country's most loyal immigrants that it's time to leave. (Read more)
- Father, we speak a blessing upon these Jews as they leave France and move to Israel. Grant them peace, protection, and prosperity. In Jesus Name.
- "The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace."' (Numbers 6:24-26)
2. Bodies of kosher market victims in Israel ahead of funerals - Times of Israel
The bodies of the four French Jews killed in a jihadist attack on a kosher supermarket in Paris on Friday - Yoav Hattab, Philippe Braham, Yohan Cohen and Francois-Michel Saada - arrived in Israel early Tuesday ahead of a funeral in Jerusalem. The ceremony at the Givat Shaul cemetery was attended by Prime Minister Netanyahu, President Rivlin and other Israeli ministers and officials, including a French minister. The Times of Israel is liveblogging developments throughout the day.
Israeli leaders in attendance including President Rivlin, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Opposition leader Isaac Herzog.
"This is not how we wanted you to arrive in the Land of Israel, this is not how we wanted to see you come home, to the State of Israel, and to Jerusalem, its capital. We wanted you alive, we wanted for you, life," Rivlin said at the beginning of his heartbreaking eulogy. (Read more)
- Lord, we ask for Your Shalom peace to fill the families of these victims. We ask that You comfort them in their time of loss. Father, give them a burden to pray for Jerusalem, for Israel, for peace. We pray that through this tragedy Your name will be praised and Your glory will shine through. We ask You to use this horrible event and the suffering that is occurring to mold and change hearts of people. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
3. Erdogan pounds Netanyahu for 'daring' to attend Paris rally -Times of Israel
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday blasted Israeli Premier Benjamin Netanyahu for "daring" to attend the weekend's anti-terror solidarity march in Paris, accusing him of leading "state terrorism" against the Palestinians. The comments were the latest verbal assault against Netanyahu by Erdogan, under whose rule Turkey's relations with Israel have steadily deteriorated. (Read more)
4. Obama and Netanyahu discuss Tehran, Paris and 'tensions' with Ramallah - Jerusalem Post
WASHINGTON - US President Barack Obama briefed Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu by phone on Monday about "recent developments" in negotiations with Iran over its nuclear program, the White House said.
In the phone call, Obama reiterated America's months-old position entering negotiations: "The United States is focused on reaching a comprehensive deal with Iran that prevents Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon," the White House said in a statement, "and verifiably assures the international community of the exclusively peaceful nature of its nuclear program."
The readout also highlights the importance of "continuing close cooperation with Israel" on Iran policy as negotiations enter a critical stage. While two deadlines for a comprehensive nuclear accord were scrapped last year, diplomats are working to forge a political agreement by the end of March.
Obama and Netanyahu also discussed the Palestinian Authority's efforts to join the International Criminal Court, condemned by the US and Israel alike this month. (Read more)
- Father God, we pray that Obama's eyes would be opened towards the dangers of making any deal with Iran. Give him discernment over what he can and cannot trust from Iran's leaders. We ask that you give President Obama wisdom and not let him make deals that would ultimately harm the US or Israel. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
5. Organizations Behind Temple Mount Rioters Exposed - Israel National News
Investigators from elite police unit Lahav 433, working in conjunction with the Israeli Security Agency (ISA or Shin Bet) uncovered that certain non-governmental organizations are being used to finance terrorist organizations. The offices of the NGOs in question have been shut down. They were suspected of financing "organizations which identify with the Islamic Movement and Hamas" and encouraging activists to confront visitors on the Temple Mount. Lahav 433 and Shin Bet forces arrived Monday morning at the offices of the two supposed charities, which the Defense Minister, on the recommendation of Shin Bet, recently outlawed. The two groups are "Al-Fajr" in Nazareth and "Muslim Women for Al-Aqsa" in Jerusalem. (Read more)
6. Abbas in Turkey: We'll Go to the UN Again Very Soon - Israel National News
Palestinian Authority (PA) Chairman Mahmoud Abbas visited Turkey on Monday, where he declared that he plans to submit another UN Security Council resolution for statehood in the very near future. "Nothing will ever deter us from continuing our march towards obtaining the rights, freedom, and independence of our people," Abbas said at a meeting in Ankara with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, according to the PA-based Ma'an news agency. He said he had briefed Erdogan on the PA's efforts to return to the Security Council and join several international bodies. (Read more)
7. UN to hold meeting on growth of anti-Semitism -Times of Israel
The UN General Assembly will hold an informal meeting on the growth of anti-Semitism on January 22 in response to a request from dozens of nations, including Israel, the United States and all European Union members. The 37 countries sent a letter to assembly President Sam Kutesa on October 1 calling for a meeting in response to "an alarming outbreak of anti-Semitism worldwide." That was well before last week's attack on a kosher supermarket in Paris. Israel's UN Ambassador Ron Prosor said Monday: "We have a great deal of work to do to move this issue from the headlines to the history books." (Read more)
- Abba, finally people of the world cry out for the injustices to Your people. We pray that the UN meeting would be productive and have legitimate outcomes. Father God, we pray that the UN will not use this meeting as a way to force any other agenda, but only the actions that are in alignment with Your will be allowed to prosper. We pray that only hearts full of love for Israel will be brought to this meeting. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
The Daily Jot
Reversing the prophetic decline of America
America has been my homeland and home to my family for nearly 400 years, half that time at the same farm in Ohio. It has been personally difficult to watch the decline of this country from a God-fearing, neighborly, common sense, moral and ethical society to one that is careless, immoral, nonsensical, and God-less. While this decline began decades ago, and some would argue that the nation never was right (I don't agree), the acceleration of this slide has been astronomical since the president usurped the Constitution and gained control amid a general population that chose color over character. Our prophetic destiny may have been forever altered.
America's leadership, which, quite frankly, is a direct result of the voters, has routinely stepped across the line into darkness. This "president" has used our patriotic soldiers to assist in establishing a shadow imperialist Islamic Marxist caliphate. It is amazing just how quickly a nation turns based on one aggressive leader with many minions in place. The remarks of California Senator Diane Feinstein about domestic terrorism were very telling. She said, "I think there are sleeper cells not only in France, but certainly in other countries and, yes, in our own. This calls for vigilance...Hopefully, we can be more active in terms of doing those things which enable us to find terrorists, see who they're communicating with and to track that."
Overall, that statement sounds good--that we need to be vigilant to identify terrorists. That, however, is not what she said. She said that the government should be more active in finding terrorists, see what they are communicating, and track them. That means increased spying on American citizens. That means that those who consider religious freedom a right, those who believe the Constitution when it says the right to bear arms "shall not be infringed," and that our right to be secure in our persons and personal effects "shall not be violated," are enemies to the government's philosophy. Even more troubling is that the government sees law abiding Christians more a threat than Islamists whose very holy book espouses the overthrow of nations that do not submit to Islam.
This is what happens when citizens of a free nation focus on the material things of life, on their so-called rights of equality, on what's in it for them, rather than putting God first. Leadership, social mores, natural affection and rightness with God fall hard and bring the nation into a miry pit. It is the prophetic destiny of those who turn their back on the Lord, a nation that returns to the bondage of sin. As Galatians 5:1 says, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free, and not be entangled again with the yoke of bondage." The founders of America came out of the very type of persecution they sought to put away in a new nation. Now, we face it again at the hands of an overreaching government. Have we returned to the vomit? We must reverse this prophetic decline by being the light we are called to be.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The World Marches Sans Obama
The World Marches Sans Obama
Obama is usually wherever two or more are gathered. This weekend was the exception. Forty world leaders marched at the head of a million Parisians against radical Islamic terror on Sunday. Our country conspicuously had no representative. Not Obama, not Kerry, not Biden. (Isn't this type of event the reason God made vice presidents?)
Democratic strategist Douglas Schoen wrote, "I have been disappointed many times by President Obama during his six years in office, but perhaps never more so than this weekend." When Kerry was asked why America was a no-show, he accused critics of "quibbling." But the New York Daily News got it right on its front page: "You Let The World Down."
Disgust in Europe and the U.S. was so pronounced that White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest, in a rare mea culpa, acknowledged this afternoon that the administration had made a mistake. (Gary Bauer)
The Hypocrisy Award Goes To. . .
The Hypocrisy Award Goes To. . .
Much was made of the presence of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority leader Mahmoud Abbas at the Paris march. Commentators suggested it was a hopeful sign of possible reconciliation. No, it was not.
Netanyahu had every right to march. He has been warning Europe and America for years that militant Islamism presents a threat to us all. His nation is literally surrounded by jihadists like those responsible for the Paris carnage. The tunnels built out of Gaza into Israel were intended to launch attacks that would have made the Paris shootings look insignificant.
But Europe and France increasingly demand that Israel appease those throughout the Middle East who yearn for another Holocaust. The more Israel fights the enemy Europe is so reluctant to fight, the more European hatred of Israel grows.
The real hypocrisy was the presence of Mahmoud Abbas at the march. He constantly incites terror against Israeli civilians. His Palestinian Authority names streets after the same kind of murderers that struck in Paris.
Abbas' participation in the march against terror was obscene. And it was a sign that France's socialist government still can't or won't connect the dots. (Gary Bauer)
As the Western world wrestles with its response to last week's jihadist attacks in Paris, we know more attacks are coming. I noted Friday that the head of MI5, Britain's intelligence agency, warned that Al Qaeda was planning mass casualty attacks against Western targets.
Yesterday, Senator Dianne Feinstein, the former chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, told CNN, "I think there are sleeper cells not only in France but certainly in other countries and, yes, in our own."
So it should come as no surprise that ISIS issued a new call for attacks on police and military personnel over the weekend.
Here's an easy thing for the president to do: Obama, Eric Holder, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson should stop all police-bashing and should call for a moratorium on the demonstrations that continue to be marked by anti-police rhetoric. They are contributing to a hostile atmosphere at a time in which the police are increasingly targeted by Islamists and other radicals. (Gary Bauer)
The GOP and Immigration
On Immigration, GOP Borders on Courage
Paris may be a long way from D.C., but the impact of what happened there is hitting a lot closer to home. With terrorists opening a new chapter in their war against the West, France isn't the only government under the microscope. Four thousand miles away in the U.S. House, conservatives are taking the opportunity to educate Americans to our own vulnerabilities under the White House's immigration policy (or lack thereof). And Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) seems more than willing to lead that charge.
When conservatives fell a few votes short of replacing the Speaker last week, the media said the right wing of the party had lost. But as I said last week, the most constructive step that John Boehner could take in wake of the conservative challenge was to win people back -- not by getting even, but getting to work rebuilding that lost trust. In conversations with members over the weekend, it seems the Ohio leader is willing to put the embarrassment behind him and move forward in a "message received" mentality.
And this week, the proof is in the pudding -- Homeland Security's pudding, to be exact -- as Speaker Boehner takes an even stronger position on the President's amnesty order than most people expected. "I said we would fight it tooth and nail when we had the majority," the Speaker told reporters, "and I meant it." Not only are the administration's actions illegal -- but, as France's tragedy made painfully clear, they're dangerous. America's gates have been flung wide open under this President, who seems to think that flooding the country with illegals -- and refusing to deport others -- is sound policy. That ends now, say members of the House, who object to the White House's decision to let as many as 5,000,000 illegal immigrants stay in the U.S. without following the rules. And unfortunately, it's not just the executive order that's creating loopholes big enough to fly a hijacked plane through. The Obama administration has made a string of bad decisions that favor undocumented immigrants, going back to the President's early days. Those policies are fair game, vow Republicans, who intend to reach back into Obama's first term and address some of those measures in the Homeland Security bill.
As Rep. Robert Aderholt (R-Ala.) explained, the GOP is ready to "to get to the roots of the (executive action) so we're not just trying to just nullify one thing that was done back in November but also try to address it for the future." That means closing the purse strings to any of the White House's actions as part of the $39.7 billion budget. "The issue isn't about funding the Department of Homeland Security," Boehner clarified. "Members of Congress support funding the department, but we cannot continue to allow the President to go around the Congress, to go around the law and take unilateral action."
Although some leaders are antsy about what the Senate would do if the House takes a hard line on immigration, conservatives like Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) say they can't worry about what the Senate will do. "One of the things that has really been lacking for the last eight years is having more input like we've finally gotten in this bill," he told reporters. Instead of worrying about what the Senate wants, Republicans are finally focused on what voters want. And party politics aside, that's the majority that matters most. (Family Research Council)
The Good News Corner
Netanyahu: Europe Must Support Israel's Fight Against Islamic Terror
"Israel supports Europe in the struggle against terrorism, and the time has come for Europe to support Israel in the exact same struggle," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stated in Paris on Monday during a meeting with French Jewish community leaders.
In the wake of the attack at the Hyper Cacher supermarket, which claimed the lives of four Jews, Netanyahu thanked the community for their warm hospitality.
"I was also moved at the meeting with the bereaved families," he said, adding that" the entire Jewish People embraces the families. This was a moment of genuine Jewish solidarity."
"The visit to Paris was also a moment of general solidarity with humanity," Netanyahu said. "It was natural that I come here. It was important that I come here, and therefore I came."
Netanyahu stressed the Israel has been warning the world against Islamic terror for a long time. "If the world does not unite now against terrorism, the blows that terrorism has struck here will increase in a magnitude that can scarcely be conceived; therefore, I hope that Europe will unite. I hope that it will also take action," he stated.
Referring to the massive march in Paris, Netanyahu declared: "I marched now in one row with world leaders in order to unite against terrorism. I told them that terrorism, any terrorism, must be fought to the end."
He told IDF Radio that Israel's message to French Jews is: "We are here with them. We won't forget our brothers, no matter where they are. . . . I hope that aliyah will bring all the world's Jews to Israel, it doesn't matter from where."
Israel's invitation to Jews the world over is not tied in with terror, Liberman pointed out, as the Israeli government has always advocated aliyah. "The nation of Israel, after thousands of years, finally has a state of our own, and we want to see all of our Jewish brothers here," he affirmed.
Signs and Wonders
Scores of GIANT asteroids on course to hurtle past Earth
within the month, NASA reveals
SCORES of giant asteroids are on course to hurtle close to Earth before the end of February, according to latest NASA space data.
Some are more than 1km wide and threaten devastating consequences if they were to strike our planet.
Of almost 70 asteroids on the radar most are around 100 metres wide, the size of a double decker bus, and would be capable of causing significant damage.
Experts warn if one of these monsters, some of which travel at up to 70,000 miles an hour, were to hit Earth it could "alter life as we know it".
Plumes of debris thrown into the atmosphere would change the climate making the planet inhabitable for all life including humans. . .
Experts say although it is unlikely any of these will hit the Earth, there is always a chance they may veer off course or explode showering the planet with debris. (Express Co. UK) Read more here.
"I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke." (Acts 2:19)
Today's Birthday on the Hill
Today we want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Rep. Thomas Massie (KY)
God bless you.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Precious Blood" - Prestonwood Choir
Two Daily Conference Calls
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!