L' Shanah Tovah!
Happy New Year!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
"Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! When the LORD brings back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad."
"Behold He comes, riding on the clouds. Shining like the sun, at the trumpet's call. Lift your voice, it's the year of Jubilee Out of Zion's hill, salvation comes!"
[We are going to keep singing this SONG OF VICTORY . . . ALL WEEK LONG THIS WEEK! OORRAAAHHH!!]
WE ARE ASKING ALL OF OUR PRAYER PARTNERS TO READ THE VERSES BELOW OUT LOUD, AS A DECREE, KNOWING THAT THE WORD WILL NOT RETURN VOID. (Isaiah 55:11) THANK YOU!
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:1)
The Daily Brief
1. Obama to host Netanyahu at White House next week - Times of Israel
US President Barack Obama will welcome Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to the White House on October 1, a US official said in a statement Monday. National Security Council spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden announced the meeting, which is likely to address US-Israeli divisions on negotiations over Iran's nuclear program, the threat posed by the Islamic State terror group, and the aftermath of Operation Protective Edge, among other issues.
The prime minister is set to speak at the United Nations General Assembly in New York on Sunday, and will make his way to Washington for the Wednesday meeting. Netanyahu and Obama last met in early March this year, in the midst of a last-ditch effort by the Obama administration to keep the then-ongoing Israeli-Palestinian peace talks viable. (Read more)
- Dear heavenly Father, we come before you to ask that you would bless this meeting between President Obama and Prime Minister Netanyahu. We ask that you would send angels of peace and unity to surround them. Silence the voice of the enemy that brings distrust and enmity between these two men. Lord, let truth be spoken and heard. Give them both Your mindset.
Father, we ask that the war with ISIS not interfere with the negotiations with Iran over their nuclear enrichment. We declare that the United States will stand strong with Israel against Iran and not fold. We ask for a miracle, that at the end of their meeting they see each other as friends who strongly support each other. We ask that the "president" would expose to the media the war crimes that Hamas perpetrated against its own people and Israel.
- Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. (Matthew 6:10)
2. Al Qaeda-linked target of Syrian strikes obsessed with pulling off next 9/11 - Fox News
The U.S. led coalition of airstrikes in Syria put a spotlight on the shady terrorist group known as Khorasan, a small but potent Al Qaeda offshoot led by Muhsin al-Fadhli, left, whose sole objective is pulling off another 9/11 terror attack.
The 50 or so fighters hardened from battle in Afghanistan and Pakistan were dispatched to Syria by Al Qaeda leader Ayman Al-Zawahiri not to topple Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad or help the Islamic State establish a caliphate, but to recruit foreign fighters and send them home to kill. With thousands of fighters from Europe and the U.S. drawn to Syria's bloody civil war, Khorasan's recruiters have a surplus of passport-ready jihadists to choose from. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that many hidden things are being exposed now, and quickly, in answer to our prayers. We now know to pray about Khorasan, applying Your shed Blood over this terrorist network that it be demolished and its captives set free.
We know, too, to pray specifically for Muhsin al-Fadhli, for You died for him to see him set free from Satan's grip. We ask that he be apprehended quickly and his evil plans destroyed. We thank You, Lord, for the answers to these prayers. As intercessors in Your kingdom, it is a whole new season for prayer. We thank You in Jesus' name, amen.
- "He thwarts the plans of the crafty, so that their hands achieve no success."
3. 'Sustained campaign' against ISIS poses complex challenges for military, Congress - Fox News
The launch of U.S. airstrikes in Syria marks the beginning of what military officials are calling a "sustained campaign" against the Islamic State -- a new war in the Middle East that immediately poses complex challenges for the Obama administration and Congress.
Some already see the war against the Islamic State, or ISIS, as an engagement that could last years, and could fall to President Obama's successor to finish.
"The fact is, Islamic terrorism is out to destroy us . . . and the war is only going to end when they are defeated," Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., told Fox News, suggesting the "war" was never over in the first place. "And this may well go on for a number of years. In fact, in many ways it's been going on for 20 years." (Read more)
- Lord God, as the United States has now been rather suddenly thrust into a new position, we thank You that, as each member of Congress truly seeks Your face, and as Barack Hussein Obama turns to You for guidance, You will give them Your wisdom. Thank you, Lord, You never leave us nor forsake us, amen.
- "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)
4. Sheriff calls for U.S. troops on Rio Grande - WND
Another border-state sheriff is voicing his frustrations with the Obama administration's failure to secure the border, saying the lack of action has overwhelmed his county with criminals, drug-cartel members and possible terrorists. Sheriff Paul Babeu of Pinal County, Arizona, unloaded on Obama in a video interview last week, accusing the president and Homeland Security chief Jeh Johnson of violating their oaths of office.
Babeu, a former Army officer who served in Iraq, says the U.S stations more than 28,000 troops to guard South Korea and secure its border against any penetration from North Korea, yet it shows no commitment to secure its own border with Mexico.
"We've been there (in Korea) for 50-plus years," he said. "We do this for countries all over the world. When are we going to put America first?" Babeu continued, "ISIS is beheading Americans and they're saying, 'We're coming for you.' The wolf is at the door. When are we going to put our country, America, first? What else do we need to know?" (Read more)
- Father, we repent for America and the sins that she has committed, which is allowing this ISIS terrorist threat at our door. Forgive the church, Lord, for not standing strong. We repent for walking in the fear of man and being politically correct. Thank You that You are merciful, and that You forgive when Your people truly repent. Abba, in Your mercy send the fire of God to surround and protect America from all destruction. We ask that the Angel of the Lord encamp around us and protect America from all terrorists. We ask that You would expose the hidden things to our intelligence operations. In Your Holy Name, Amen.
- "The fear of man brings a snare, But he who trusts in the Lord will be exalted." (Proverbs 29:25.)
5. A Marxist Mistake? AFL-CIO Pushes Get Out The Vote For Mid-Terms Under Soviet-Style Symbol - Redstate.com
In 1997, shortly after current AFL-CIO president Richard Trumka, along with then-president John Sweeney, took over the AFL-CIO, America's oldest labor federation lifted the ban on Communists.The special interest group - indirectly funded by union members' dues - has launched a "get out the vote" page with a symbol that is eerily reminiscent of the Soviet-era hammer and sickle. (Read more)
- Lord, we ask that you protect our elections in November. We ask that only those who are registered will be allowed to vote, and that all who are registered will get to vote. We pray for a large turnout - though it is a mid-term election - to vote in godly and righteous men and women in the House and in the Senate, for nothing is impossible for You.
- "For nothing will be impossible with God."(Luke 1:37)
6. Three Missing Afghan Soldiers Found At Canadian Border - CBSNews
Three Afghan soldiers who went missing from a Cape Cod military base over the weekend were found today near the US-Canada border, a United States defense official told ABC News. Law enforcement officials said the men did not try to hide, but instead walked up to border patrol agents and presented themselves for asylum. The men are currently in Canadian custody, officials said. (Read more)
- Lord, we have all seen the pictures of Afghanistan and its dire conditions. If these men had wanted to harm the United States, they would have gone into hiding. Instead, they walked up to the Canadian border patrols and asked for asylum. Lord, give us discernment to recognize who our foes are, and who are not. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "Let the people who walk in darkness in my nation see the light, and let Your light shine upon those in the shadow of darkness. Let the wicked be rooted out of our land." (Isaiah 9:2, Proverbs 2:22)
7. U.S. To Open Borders to Thousands of Syrian Muslims - PatriotNewsDaily
With the U.S. still in defiant opposition to the Assad regime in Syria, government officials hint that we could soon see a wave of Syrian Muslim refugees be welcomed into our country. This wouldn't be anything new; the U.S. has welcomed more than 200,000 Islamic refugees into the country since the early 90s. That it is happening isn't necessarily a problem in and of itself (though it is unquestionably expensive), but there is plenty of cause for concern about the security process these displaced refugees are being put through. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask for mercy for our people. We thank You that this decision has not yet been finalized, and we ask for a groundswell of opposition to arise among our people and for Congress to take action to stop this event from happening. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
- "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22)
8. Alaska Physician Shuts Down Practice, Citing Obamacare - Daily Caller
"It is an unsustainable system," Dr. Wennen wrote to his customers in a letter obtained by The Daily Caller. "I am personally writing off upwards of three quarters of a million dollars annually in free/uncompensated care." "My reasons for closing down the office are simply economic," Wennen wrote. "The governmental agencies that are supplying 'medical insurance' to the elderly, the disadvantaged, the indigent and the sick, injured, or disabled have placed an unrealistically low value of worth on physician's services." (Read more)
- Father, people in our country need affordable health care. The health care costs in our country just get more expensive everyday due to the greed of those who can manipulate costs. It is the elderly, the disadvantaged, the indigent, sick, injured and disabled who need medical coverage. Dr. Wennen leaves his lucrative plastic surgery practice after 38 years because he blames the government for unrealistically low value of worth on physician's services. Father, we decree an end to Obamacare in the mighty name of Jesus, and we call forth Your Kingdom solutions to our health care crisis. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "Do not rob the poor because he is poor, Or crush the afflicted at the gate; For the Lord will plead their case. And take the life of those who rob them." (Proverbs 22:22-23)
9. Australia: Five Muslims released after police called to area near nuclear reactor - Daily Telegraph
A group of men triggered a security scare at Sydney's Lucas Heights nuclear reactor yesterday after two vehicles parked about 100m from the front security gate. The five adults, who were with two children, were interviewed by NSW and federal police for about 20 minutes after they were spotted near the highly sensitive site at 5.15pm.
Police quizzed the men about their movements, taking down particulars from each of them and checking their identifications. After the discussions, the men were allowed to go without charge, with police warning them that Lucas Heights is a protected Commonwealth facility controlled by the Australian Nuclear Science And Technology Organisation. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that these law enforcement officers caught these five men before they could do any harm at this nuclear reactor in Australia. We plead the Blood of the Lamb over every reactor in our nation, and we ask that security at these sites be increased to its maximum level from now on. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
- "Hide me from the secret counsel of evildoers, From the tumult of those who do iniquity . . ." (Psalm 64:2)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Say to the Israelites: 'On the first day of the seventh month you are to have a day of sabbath rest, a sacred assembly commemorated with trumpet blasts.'" (Leviticus 23:24)
1. IAF shoots down Syrian fighter jet over Golan Heights - Jerusalem Post
Ya'alon says jet "approached Israeli territory in the Golan Heights in a threatening manner, and even crossed the border"; Syria describes the incident as an Israeli "act of aggression."
This morning, the Israel Air Force detected a Sukhoi-24 Syrian fighter jet crossing into Israel's air space. The jet was 800 meters into Israeli air space when the IAF took the decision to shoot it down, a senior IAF official said.
A minute and 20 seconds after the decision was taken, the dual seat Sukhoi-24 was struck by a Patriot surface-to-air missile, and the pilot and navigator managed to parachute out of the aircraft. (Read more)
2. US launches first airstrikes against IS in Syria - Times of Israel
The United States and partner nations launched their first airstrikes against Islamic State militants in Syria, as fighting raged Monday between the extremist group and Kurdish forces near the border with Turkey, triggering a surge of tens of thousands of refugees.
The Pentagon said a mix of fighter jets, bombers and Tomahawk missiles fired from ships in the region targeted the Islamic State group. Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Adm. John Kirby said that because the military operation is ongoing, no details could be provided yet. He said the decision to strike was made early Monday by the military.
The strikes focused on IS positions in Raqqa, a stronghold for the Sunni extremists, according to the New York Times, citing US officials. Other targets struck were along the Iraq-Syria border, the newspaper said. (Read more)
3. Netanyahu: Saudi peace initiative is for a bygone era - Jerusalem Post
The Saudi peace initiative of 2002 is no longer relevant in the much-altered Middle East of 2014, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu indicated this week, in a Rosh Hashana interview with The Jerusalem Post that will appear in full in Wednesday's paper.
"The question is not the Saudi peace initiative," Netanyahu said, asked if he would accept the proposal now. "If you read it carefully, you'll see it was set up in another period, before the rise of Hamas; before Hamas took over Gaza; before ISIS [Islamic State] took over chunks of Syria and Iraq, effectively dismantling those countries; before Iran's accelerated nuclear program," he said.
Obviously referring to the Saudi proposal's call for a full Israeli withdrawal to the pre-1967 lines, including returning the Golan Heights to Syria, Netanyahu noted that this plan was made "before the takeover of Syria by al-Qaida on the Golan Heights." (Read more)
4. New round of Israel-Hamas talks set for end of October - Times of Israel
Israeli and Palestinian negotiators in Cairo on Tuesday agreed to schedule new talks on a durable Gaza ceasefire for the last week of October, a Hamas official said.
A delay in the talks after their first Egypt-mediated negotiations since the end last month of a devastating 50-day war in Gaza had been expected, because of upcoming Jewish and Muslim holidays.
The Palestinian delegation, which includes rival factions Hamas and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah, will remain in Cairo this week to discuss resolving their own disputes. (Read more)
5. Hezbollah condemns US-led strikes on Islamic State - Times of Israel
DAMASCUS, Syria (AP) - Syria's key allies, Hezbollah, Iran and Russia, condemned the airstrikes by a US-led coalition on Islamic State fighters in Syria.
The Lebanese Shiite militant Hezbollah group, which has dispatched fighters to Syria to bolster Assad's forces, accused America of trying to control the Middle East.
Russia warned that the "unilateral" US airstrikes are destabilizing the region and urged Washington to secure either Damascus's consent or UN Security Council support.
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said in New York that the US-led coalition's airstrikes are illegal because they were not approved by or coordinated with Syria's government. (Read more)
6. On eve of Rosh Hashana, only 12 Jews remain in Egypt - Ynet News
On the eve of Jewish New Year 5775, what was once the second biggest Jewish community in the world is on the verge of disappearing. Until the 1950s, there were around 100,000 Jews living in Egypt. Now, only 12 remain. (Read more)
- Yahweh, remember your people! Remember your promises! Father, how sad that these brothers have been driven out of their homes. We pray that those who left many years ago found their way to a better place, hopefully the land of Israel. Father, the apple of your eye has been persecuted and held captive so many times for so many years. Have mercy, Abba, that they may learn who you are. We ask that you reveal yourself to them. Let them feel your love and see the hope there is in you. Our hearts break for those 12 who are left in Egypt. Let them remember how you delivered them out of Egypt once and that You haven't forgotten them now! Bless these elderly women, Father. May you fill their hearts and lives with your abundant love and joy. Fill them with your Shalom peace. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
7. Israel: Murderers of the Three Teens Eliminated - YnetNews
Marwan Kawasmeh and Amer Abu Eisha of Hevron, who abducted and murdered three yeshiva boys Eyal Yifrah, Gilad Sha'ar, Naftali Frenkel in June, were located and killed in exchange of gunfire early Tuesday morning.
The operation was carried out by the Yamam, a special unit of the Border Police, and the IDF, in Hevron. An attempt was made to arrest the suspects but an exchange of fire developed in which they were killed.
The operation was made possible by the Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency), which located the murderers' hideout. In the last few days, several Hamas suspects were arrested and questioned on the assumption that they were assisting the fugitives. (Read more)
- Oh God, You said that vengeance is Yours. This is truly Your holy and righteous judgment brought on these two murderers. We know that you do not wish for any people to perish, but if a person will not repent of their wicked ways, You have authority to take action. Father, we pray for the victims' families. Please comfort them and fill them with peace. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
8. Arab and Muslim states question Israel's right to defend itself at UNHRC - Jerusalem Post
Two major groups of Arab states questioned Israel's right to defend itself against Hamas in Gaza, in addresses to the United Nations Human Rights Council on Monday in Geneva.
Describing Israel's actions in Gaza as self-defense is both "legally incorrect" and "morally abhorrent," said Pakistan, speaking on behalf of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation.
As the occupying power, Israel does not have the right to defend itself from Hamas, a group which is under its control, said the United Arab Emirates, speaking on behalf of the Arab group at the UN.
The countries were among some 30 nations that spoke against Israel's actions in Gaza and the West Bank. They included Russia and China, who are both members of the Security Council. (Read more)
- Father God, Israel is the only country at the United Nations, which is debated by the Human Rights Council at every session. We thank You that Israel does not need to defend its right to exist, because You, O Jehovah, will defend them when needed. Thank You, God, for Your abiding, eternal Presence over Your Holy Land. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
- "Indeed, he who watches over Israel never slumbers or sleeps." (Psalm 121:4)
"Deliver me from my enemies, O my God; Defend me from those who rise up against me. Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, And save me from bloodthirsty men." (Psalm 59:1,2)
1. Gov. Cuomo calling up National Guard troops to boost security - New York Daily News
Although saying there is "no specific threat" of a terror attack, Gov. Cuomo announced on Friday that he is calling up hundreds of National Guard troops and other personnel to beef up security in New York. (Read more)
2. Despite Airstrikes, ISIS Appears to Hold Its Ground in Iraq - Newsmax
3. ISIS Routs Iraqi Army Yet Again In Battle For Key Army Base, "Hundreds Missing" - Washington Post
4. New clashes erupt at Syrian-Turkish border as 130k refugees flee - rt.com
5. Kerry Still Claiming ISIS Is Not Islamic: Have A "Radical, Extremist Philosophy" But "It's Not A Religious Outlook" - Real Clear Politics
6. ALERT!!! WH Meets With Syrian American Who Openly Sympathizes With Al Nusra Front On Best Way To Arm Rebels - The Investigative Project
7. ALERT!!! Obama Providing Indirect Military Aid To Hezbollah To Help Them Fight ISIS - Israel National News
8. American Muslim Leader To Obama: Stop Telling Us ISIS Has Nothing To Do With Islam -Fox News
Watch video interview here.
9. Muslim Hezbollah Terrorists Training Mexican Drug Cartels - Fox News
Watch video here.
10. IS said to destroy Armenian Genocide memorial - Armenian Weekly
Tracking the Virus
Tracking the Virus
"I am the Lord that healeth thee." (Exodus 15:25)
1. Ebola death rates 70% - WHO study - BBC
New figures suggest 70% of those infected with Ebola in West Africa have died, higher than previously reported, says the World Health Organization. Ebola infections will treble to 20,000 by November if efforts to tackle the outbreak are not stepped up, the UN agency has warned. (Read more)
2. WHO forecasts more than 20,000 Ebola cases by November 2 - Fox News
The World Health Organization has warned in a new report that the number of people infected with the Ebola virus could reach 20,000 by the beginning of November if efforts to contain the outbreak are not accelerated. The outbreak has killed around 2,800 people in five West African countries this year. (Read more)
3. CDC expected to release report predicting as many as 1.4 million cases of Ebola by January - Fox News
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is expected to release a report Tuesday predicting as many as 550,000 to 1.4 million cases of the Ebola virus in Liberia and Sierra Leone alone, by the end of January.
The CDC calculations are based, in part, on assumptions that cases have been dramatically underreported. Other projections haven't made the same kind of attempt to quantify illnesses that may have been missed in official counts.
CDC scientists conclude there may be as many as 21,000 reported and unreported cases in just those two countries as soon as the end of this month, according to a draft version of the report obtained by The Associated Press. (Read more)
4. Fresh Graves Point to Undercount of Ebola Toll - The New York Times
. . . the bodies pouring in to the graveyard tell a different story. In the last eight days alone, 110 Ebola victims have been buried at King Tom Cemetery, according to the supervisor, Abdul Rahman Parker, suggesting an outbreak that is much more deadly than either the government or international health officials have announced.
"I'm working with the burial team, and the first question I ask them is, 'Are they Ebola-positive?' " said Mr. Parker, adding that the figures were based on medical certificates that he had seen himself. The deaths are carefully recorded by name and date in a notebook headed "Ebola Burials." (Read more)
The Daily Jot
Six seconds of disrespect
It may have been only about six seconds of his entire time as president, but it may be one of the most revealing segments of this "presidency." The "president" was disembarking from a Marine helicopter. As he went down the steps, dressed in a suit and tie and wearing sun glasses, the Marines flanking the steps were at full attention and saluted him. Looking straight forward, he nonchalantly lifted his right hand while holding a coffee cup and walked past the Marines without acknowledgment. While civilians are not required to return salutes from military personnel, the Commander in Chief usually respects those in the military by returning a salute. This six seconds defines the type of "president" we have.
From coaching young kids and advising youth for over 40 years, respect is a characteristic that I have observed in many forms. You can discern a lot from whether someone shows respect. Many will say that respect is earned. I highly disagree. Respect is defined as "a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements; due regard for the feelings, wishes, rights, or traditions of others." One can tell whether a young man or woman has been raised in a household that respects one another. Their interaction with those in authority or their peers is indicative of what they have been taught or have observed.
In Christianity, we are to respect, even love, one another. Jesus said in John 13:34-35, "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." This was important to Jesus as he said again in John 14:15,"If you love me, keep my commandments," and in John 15:12, "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you." We are told to honor (respect) our fathers and mothers. Similarly, we are to honor, respect, walk honestly toward them that are without, that we may lack nothing. Love, truth, honor, justice are four pillars upon which I try to live my life and I try to transfer those qualities when coaching the youngest child to the oldest executive. Honor has a lot to do with respect.
So if you claim to be a Christian, as this "president" has, perhaps he has a long way to go with respect to respecting others. The disrespect he so casually shows those who are responsible for protecting his life is indicative of the disrespect he shows toward our nation and those who are American citizens. Jesus also said in Matthew 7:15-16, "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. You shall know them by their fruits." While the "president" is not a prophet, we can still discern by his fruits the type of person he is. His six seconds of disrespect are as each year he has held in office and the policies and actions he has taken. Beware. Discern. Understand.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Obama Bombs Syria
Obama Bombs Syria
U.S. forces struck Islamic State targets inside Syria for the first time Monday night. Command and control centers, vehicles and training camps were hit. But the likely reason for the attack was seemingly buried in most news reports.
Friday we told you about the Khorasan cell -- an elite Al Qaeda bomb-making unit based in Syria. At a Pentagon press briefing this morning, Lt. Gen. William Mayville said that the Khorasan cell "was in the final stages of plans to execute major attacks against Western targets and potentially the U.S. homeland."
The Khorasan cell was targeted last night. A Pentagon spokesman said, "We believe the individuals plotting and planning it were eliminated."
The Obama Administration and the media have ballyhooed this strike as a "coalition effort." This coalition is just five Arab states: Bahrain, Jordan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. (Gary Bauer)
Update from Judy Ball
Update from Judy Ball:
Push Back the Black Cloud of ISIS
NEW PHONE NUMBER!
These conference calls will continue every night at 9:00 p.m. through October 16th.
The new conference number is: 857-232-0156
Access Code 377054
CHPP encourages all of our Prayer Partners to join in as many of these calls as you can, so that, working and praying together, we CAN and we WILL (through the Grace of God) . . . "Push Back the Black Cloud of ISIS." Amen!
How to Pray for our Military (Part Two)
How to Pray for our Military (Part Two)
In light of ISIS threat against our military families, yesterday our "inner circle" of CHPP Prayer Shield intercessors joined forces in a marathon, ten-hour conference call, applying the Blood of the Lamb over every military installation in the nation, listed at: militarybases.com.
Today, we will share the verses we decreed throughout the day over those bases.
We want to thank the BridgeBuilders ministry in the State of Arizona for providing the prayer targets listed below. Using those prayer points, we added the verses you will see, trusting God to bring this to pass.
We share this with you now, as another resource for targeted intercession for the men and women in our military, who have sworn to protect all of us. Amen.
1. Pray for President Obama like never before!! He is president during one of the most dangerous times for America and the world and needs our fervent prayers every day.
Father God, we pray that President Obama would receive accurate information about the strength, location, and plans of ISIS on American soil. We pray he will have good understanding with real and grave certainty the threat the Islamic state is to this nation and act appropriately in protecting our nation. Give him godly wisdom and bold courage to be an effective commander- in- chief in this time of war.
- The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord . . . (Proverbs 21:1)
- That Light of Truth would flood the President's mind/understanding (Ephesians 1:18)
- That he would know the wisdom of God (Ephesians 1:17 & James 1:5)
- That the Angel of the Lord would encamp around the President and deliver him from every evil. (Psalm 34:7)
- That God would keep him from the snares the enemy has laid for him, and from the traps of the workers of iniquity. (Ps. 141:9-10)
- That the President would be delivered from the power of darkness and deception (Colossians 1:13 9)
- That God would pour out His rivers of grace and mercy upon the President and his cabinet - Where sin abounds grace much more abounds (Romans 5:20)
2. Pray for wisdom and strategy for the US Congress, Homeland Security, and the US Military:
Father, we pray for our leaders in Congress, Homeland Security and our military to be awake at their posts, armed with accurate and clear intelligence in order to take fast and decisive action against ISIS or any other terrorists before their plots are hatched. Give our leaders godly wisdom, consensus, and coordinated strategies from heaven to defeat our ISIS enemy.
- That God would give these agencies/people strategies for securing this nation from all threats of aggression and ambushments. -- That they would have wisdom and strength, counsel and understanding (Job 12:13) as they seek to protect this nation from danger and terrorism.
- That God would enable them to uncover deep things out of darkness, and to bring the shadow of death to light. (Job 12: 22)
3. Pray for the Exposure of ISIS plots:
Father we pray there is nothing covered that will not be revealed or hidden that will not be made known (Matthew 10:26). Expose the whereabouts of ISIS and all terrorist sleeper cells and stop their plans before they can act.
4. Pray protection over our US Military personnel and their families.
Father, we pray a hedge of protection around our military and their families. We appropriate Your promises in Psalm 91 that our military and their families will be safe under Your wings. Deliver them from the evil schemes and traps of their enemies. Station Your angels around their homes and vehicles. Watch over them, their spouses, children, and grand children as they go from place to place in their daily lives.
5. Pray for the protection of public places where military personnel and their families may go:
Father God, we pray for the protection of our military, their families, and all people in churches, schools, sporting events, transit systems, and other public places that would be a target for terrorists. We declare no evil will come upon men, women, or children in such gatherings and that You uncover and bring to an end every evil plot.
- That God would uncover deep things out of darkness, and to bring the shadow of death to light. (Job 12: 22)
6. Pray for the protection of US Military bases. If you live near or your church is near a military base, begin ongoing prayer meetings for the protection of the base and its personnel.
Father, put our military bases on high alert. May no one with evil intent get past their guards. Give those "watchmen" at their posts supernatural discernment and alertness. Help them to see and stop anything or anyone who brings a threat of danger. Expose and thwart every evil plan aimed at our military bases or their personnel.
- May the watchmen have eyes to see and declare what they see (Isaiah 21:6)
- Ask the Father to dispatch the Heavenly Host to watchover the bases (Psalm 127:1)
- That the enemy's plans would utterly fail and his plans backfire upon himself (Psalm 37:12-15)
Barbara L. Potts
KINGDOM RISING MINISTRIES
Ten Days of Awe (Part One)
Special Daily Prayer Surge NOW!
10 DAYS ISRAEL PRAYER
September 25 ~ October 4, 2014
TIME: 9-10AM EDT, 8-9AM CDT, 7-8AM MDT, 6-7AM PDT
Inviting the Body of Christ to intercede for THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM, SALVATION OF ISRAEL, and THE JEWISH PEOPLE THROUGHOUT THE WORLD from ROSH HASHANAH, September 25 to YOM KIPPUR, October 4 using 10 DAYS ISRAEL PRAYER GUIDE by John Moore (located at the bottom of this invitation). During these 10 DAYS OF AWE - when millions of Jewish People are seeking God's Face, forgiveness, and favor - you are also encouraged to join us for the following morning conference call prayer gatherings:
Daily Conference Call Intercession During The 10 Days of Awe from Rosh Hashanah to Yom Kippur
With a Company of Messianic Jewish Speakers and Gentile Prayer Leaders Serving Together
> > > Conference Call Number: 712-432-0075
> > > Access Code: 6149782#
Details posted on www.nationalhighwayofprayer.net
OR: for more details, please go here.
Ten Days of Awe (Part Two)
THE NATIONAL DAY OF REPENTANCE 2014
Rosh Hashanah -- Ten Days of Awe -- Yom Kippur
9/24 - 10/4
For the next 10 days, beginning with the commencement of Rosh Hashanah tonight at sunset, we will observe the "Ten Days of Awe" that lead up to the holiest day of the year on the Hebrew calendar . . . Yom Kippur. We will examine exactly what REPENTANCE means. Most importantly, what does it mean to God, according to His Holy Word.
Interestingly, there are 10 letters in the word REPENTANCE. Each day, for ten days, we will be sending out a new devotional written by 10 authors from all over the globe. Some are Pastors, others are just "regular people" with a passion to see a genuine spirit of repentance take root in their nations against the evil spirit of human secularism that threatens to destroy our societies.
We hope you will follow along as we humbly and reverently proceed on our knees to Yom Kippur, taking each day as a step up closer to kneeling at God's Holy Throne. This is a powerful opportunity to commune with God Almighty. These dates were commanded by God as "statutes forever" and were never meant to be disregarded.
This shall be a statute forever for you: In the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, you shall afflict your souls, and do no work at all, whether a native of your own country or a stranger who dwells among you . . . It is a sabbath of solemn rest for you, and you shall afflict your souls. It is a statute forever. (Leviticus 16:29-31)
To put this scripture into our modern day context, the 7th month, 10th day of the month is Tishrei 10 in the Hebrew calendar. In our Western Gregorian calendar, Yom Kippur begins this year at sunset on Friday, October 3rd through nightfall Saturday, October 4th. This year of 2014, in particular, it is an extremely High Holy day as it also falls on the Sabbath. Truly God is giving us a SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY to seek Him through prayer, fasting and repentance.
Also the tenth day of this seventh month shall be the Day of Atonement...It shall be to you a sabbath of solemn rest, and you shall afflict your souls; on the ninth day of the month at evening, from evening to evening, you shall celebrate your sabbath. (Leviticus 23: 27 & 32)
One National Day of Repentance member described this process as "Spiritual TNT." It's a time of "open heavens" and a pre-set date with God Almighty. Why we, as Christians, ever stopped these fantastic opportunities to commune with God Almighty, I cannot even begin to fathom. Think about it: The Most High God, Master of the Universe has decreed "You and I have an anointed rendezvous for special communion together on this exact day" and we have "stood Him up" for the last 2000 years or so. What were we thinking???
Be wise. Take advantage of this pre-ordained "date with God." Don't be foolish and be a "no show." It will change the direction of your life and your nation.
Let's rediscover the power of obeying God and following his statutes. Join us as we make the climb on our knees up God's Holy Hill.
The Year of Shemitah is about to begin . . . Soon, there will soon be a whole lotta shakin' going on.
Let's repent and pray for a good year,
Pastor Jeffrey Daly
National Day of Repentance
We welcome comments, feedback and insights from all of our participants. Please send them via email to email@example.com for consideration.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
American journalist freed from Somali pirates
(CNN) -- American journalist Michael Scott Moore, held for more than two years by Somali pirates, has been freed, Moore's family and a Somali official told CNN on Tuesday.
"We are just elated," Marlis Saunders, Moore's mother, said in a brief conversation. "It took a lot of work for us to get this point. And to hear he is free -- just joyful, I can't describe it."
"All this is just so new," said Saunders, who lives in Redondo Beach, California. "I did not have much time to talk with him. We just have a lot of things to do and I cannot talk anymore. We need a little time to evaluate all this."
The governor of Somalia's Mudug region, Ahmed Muse, told CNN that local elders negotiated Moore's release, adding that the journalist is "physically and mentally" worn out.
Moore boarded a plane at an airport in Galkayo, in the north-central part of Somalia, Muse said.
Muse would not say where the journalist is headed.
"I'm absolutely thrilled," said Michel Todd, who was Moore's web editor at Pacific Standard magazine. "It's like seeing somebody come back from the dead. It's a marvelous resurrection."
Todd said Moore was a weekly freelance columnist who wrote often about Somalia. He had been researching Somali pirates.
"As a news organization, we wanted to write about his capture," Todd said. "But we had been encouraged by the FBI and State Department to (not) write about it because this would hurt his cause. They said, if you really care about the guy, that is not a good idea, raising his profile would make his release more difficult."
Todd said Moore's stories suggested that illegal European fishing was driving Somalis into piracy.
"Of all the people for the pirates to nab," he said. "He wasn't necessarily a spokesman, but he was someone who was more amenable to getting (the pirates') point across. I'm not saying he was pro-pirate, but he was pro-truth and that seemed like something that might have been helpful to Somalis."
Maria Streshinsky, editor of Pacific Standard, said, "We are thrilled, but it has been really far too long. It's been such a worrisome situation.
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders
Huge Northern California Wildfire Keeps Growing
As an expanding wildfire in Northern California kept nearly 3,000 people from their homes, teams sought to find out how many structured had already been lost to the huge blaze, authorities said. While officials confirmed that several structures have been damaged or destroyed in the King Fire, dangerous conditions have so far prevented them from determining an exact number or how many of them were homes, fire spokesman Mike McMillian said.
The fire some 60 miles east of Sacramento grew to more than 128 square miles Saturday, and gathering thunderstorms could either help or harm the firefight with moisture or wind, authorities said.
The blaze began one week ago, and a man accused of starting the blaze is being held on $10 million bail. It is just 10 percent contained. (Newsmax)
- Precious Lord, please have mercy on the people of California and send the proper conditions to put this destructive fire out completely. We pray that no life will be lost and we pray for restoration to those who have experienced losses. Father God, protect the firemen and give them Your divine wisdom as to how to most effectively fight this fire.
- "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you." (Isaiah 43:2)
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Give Us Clean Hands"