War Against Islam: A LONG War
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Go here.
Foreign Fighters In Iraq And Syria -- Where Do They Come From? Go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, September 18, 2014
"Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence."
(2 Chronicles 6:19)
WE ARE ASKING ALL OF OUR PRAYER PARTNERS TO READ THE VERSES BELOW OUT LOUD, AS A DECREE, KNOWING THAT THE WORD WILL NOT RETURN VOID. (Isaiah 55:11) THANK YOU!
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:1)
The Daily Brief
1. US House grudgingly approves arms for Syrian rebels - Times of Israel
In fight against IS, 273-156 vote crosses party lines in a Congress marked by near ceaseless partisanship
The Republican-controlled House voted grudgingly to give the administration authority to train and arm Syrian rebels on Wednesday as President Barack Obama emphasized anew that American forces "do not and will not have a combat mission" in the struggle against Islamic State militants in either Iraq or Syria. The 273-156 vote crossed party lines to an unusual degree in a Congress marked by near ceaseless partisanship. Top Republican and Democratic leaders backed Obama's plan seven weeks before midterm elections, while dozens of rank-and-file lawmakers in both parties opposed it.
The provision was added to spending legislation that will ensure the federal government operates normally after the Sept. 30 end of the budget year. Final approval is expected in the Senate as early as Thursday. Even supporters of the military plan found little to trumpet. "This is the best of a long list of bad options," said Rep. Jim Moran, D-Va. One Republican supporter noted the measure includes strict limits on Obama's authority. "Members on both sides of the aisle are very concerned that too much of Congress' warmaking power has gone to the president," said Rep. Tom Cole of Oklahoma. (Read more)
- Lord God, this is a tough call for prayer. There are those who say that these funds will (once again) end up in the hands of those who would do us harm; there are others who state that arming these men is the only way we can begin to confront and stop ISIS. We ask for Your wisdom, O Lord, in Jesus Name, amen.
- "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
2. General Dempsey: ISIS Fight Will Not Be 'Shock and Awe' - NBC News
President Barack Obama's top military adviser said Tuesday that the campaign against ISIS "won't look like 'shock and awe'" but will be "persistent and sustainable" as the U.S. and its allies work to degrade the terror group's capabilities.
In testimony to the Senate Armed Services Committee, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey also suggested that American military advisers could accompany Iraqi troops on raids against ISIS, despite promises from the White House of no American 'boots on the ground.'
"Our military advisors will help the Iraqis conduct campaign planning, arrange for enabler and logistics support, and coordinate Coalition contributions," Dempsey said. "If we reach the point where I believe our advisors should accompany Iraqi troops on attacks against specific ISIL targets, I will recommend that to the President."
"Within a coalition of capable, willing regional and international partners, I believe we can destroy ISIL in Iraq, restore the Iraqi-Syrian border, and disrupt ISIL in Syria," he said. (Read more)
- Father, these mixed signals and confusion from the Obama administration are not helpful to the situation. We pray for wisdom and understanding for our leadership. We pray that Your Word, Your wisdom and Your will be the prevailing direction for our nation.
- "The works of His hands are verity and justice; all His precepts are sure. They stand fast forever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness. He has sent redemption to His people." (Psalm 111:7-9a)
3. U.S. officials in meltdown on Obama's Ebola mission - WND
At a House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing Wednesday on Ebola, government health workers were unable to answer specific questions posed by Republicans skeptical of President Obama's decision to deploy 3,000 U.S. troops to Liberia to combat the disease. None of the government health witnesses testifying were able to answer basic questions, including how many physicians and nurses would be among the 3,000 troops allocated or what type of protective equipment and training would be employed to prevent infection. The witnesses explained the State Department was in charge of the military mission, not the Pentagon. (Read more)
- Lord we see this plan of the Obama administration as exceedingly dangerous not only for our troops, but for America. We pray that no plans of this President will bring our troops to harm, and that every evil desire of the enemy will fall to the ground.
- "Let all my enemies be ashamed and greatly troubled; let them turn back and be ashamed suddenly." (Psalm 6:10)
4. Lawmakers renew call to roll back military cuts amid ISIS, Ebola fights- Fox News
Defense hawks on both sides of the aisle are pointing to the new war against the Islamic State to revive efforts to roll back across-the-board Pentagon budget cuts.
Citing President Obama's calls for an expanded bombing campaign against the terror group-whose videotaped beheadings of three western hostages drew international revulsion- longtime foes of what's known as sequestration say now is no time to slash military funding.
Rather, they argue, the Islamic State, or ISIS, is just the latest threat that underscores the need to undo the $487 billion in automatic Defense spending cuts required under the 2011 Budget Control Act. (Read more)
- Lord we ask that Congress do exactly what is needed for this fight against ISIS and other jihadists.
- "Let the wicked fall into their own nets." (Psalm 141:10a)
5. Iran's Rouhani Blasts ISIS and 'Ridiculous' U.S.-Led Coalition - NBC News
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, in an exclusive interview with NBC News' Ann Curry, denounced ISIS for its savagery but also branded the U.S.-led coalition against the terror group as "ridiculous." Speaking from the presidential palace in Tehran ahead of his visit to the United Nations, Rouhani questioned President Obama's decision to go after ISIS with airstrikes. "Are Americans afraid of giving casualties on the ground in Iraq? Are they afraid of their soldiers being killed in the fight they claim is against terrorism?" Rouhani said.
"If they want to use planes and if they want to use unmanned planes so that nobody is injured from the Americans, is it really possible to fight terrorism without any hardship, without any sacrifice? Is it possible to reach a big goal without that? In all regional and international issues, the victorious one is the one who is ready to do sacrifice. (Read more)
- Lord we pray that Your Spirit will move across Iran, changing hearts and silencing the wicked.
- "Evil shall slay the wicked, and those who hate righteousness shall be condemned. The Lord redeems the soul of His servants, and none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned." (Psalm 34:21-22)
6. Boehner and Pelosi Unite to Pass Bill Funding Planned Parenthood, Obamacare, Syrian Revolutionaries - CNSNews.com
House Speaker John Boehner (R.-Ohio) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D.-Calif.) joined forces early Wednesday evening as the House passed a continuing resolution that will fund the government after the end of the fiscal year on Sept. 30, and that will permit funding for Planned Parenthood (the nation's largest abortion provider), the entirety of Obamacare, and an amendment requested by President Barack Obama "to train and equip appropriately vetted elements of the Syrian opposition."
The bill passed 319 to 108 with four members not voting. But there were not enough Republican members to pass the bill without significant support from Democrats. While Pelosi sided with the Republican leadership and voted for the bill, 53 Republicans joined with 55 Democrats in voting against it. (Read more)
- Father, sometimes it is really difficult to read these headlines, much less to pray over them. Father, we ask Your guidance in knowing how to pray for leaders, when they stray so far from Your path. Teach us to gaze upon only You, dear Lord, and to pray from Your heart, as the rest of the world begins to spin into insanity. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
- "For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the LORD will arise upon you, and his glory will be seen upon you." (Isaiah 60:2)
7. Ukraine crisis: President Poroshenko in key US visit - BBC
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko is to begin a key visit to the US to seek further support to tackle what he describes as Russian aggression. Mr Poroshenko will hold talks with US President Barack Obama before addressing a joint session of Congress. Mr Poroshenko is flying to the US from Canada, where he told MPs Ukraine had bid "the last farewell" to the USSR after signing an EU association deal. (Read more)
> > > Please note more about this news, elsewhere on today's Brief.
- Father, we thank You that the members of Congress and the Senate have met in a joint session today, to hear the words of this brave leader of the free world. May each member take note, and vote to preserve our own freedoms, even as they weigh how to best support and equip Ukraine in its fight to preserve its own democracy and sovereignty from the threat of a Russian takeover. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
- " . . . proclaim liberty throughout the land . . . " (Lev. 25:10)
8. FBI launches national facial recognition system - MyFoxNY
The Federal Bureau of Investigation has fully rolled out a new biometric identification system that includes facial recognition technology.
The FBI, working with the Criminal Justice Information Services Division, says the Next Generation Identification System is now fully operational. (Read more)
- Lord we pray that Your people would be well hidden from this technology, that You will cover us in Your mighty power against those who believe that Christians are the enemy.
- "He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings shall you take refuge." (Psalm 91:4)
9. Doctor: Gov't 'Tight-Lipped' on Respiratory Virus, May be From Illegals - Breitbart
Dr. Jane Orient, Executive Director of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, reported that the government has been "real tight-lipped" about the mysterious respiratory illness that has struck children in the United States, expressed concern that the illegal immigrant minors from Central America could be the source, and argued that the government should devote more resources to border security to combat the spread of disease. (Read more)
- Lord, we could see that when all these diseased illegals came here that something like this could happen. We take authority over this illness, bind it, and command it to cease. We pray for protection over the children!
- "You shall not be afraid . . . of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday." (Psalm 91:5a,6)
10. Voting starts in Scottish independence referendum - EU Observer
Over 4 million people are set to cast their vote in the Scottish independence referendum on Thursday (18 September), with a record turnout expected as 97 percent of eligible voters have registered for the poll. Polling stations open at 7am local time and close at 10pm. Exit polls are expected immediately afterwards, while the final result should be known early Friday morning. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask for Your will to be done now in the counting of the ballots in this election, as the polls have now closed. Abba, have mercy on the nation of Scotland. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
- "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"He will give His angels charge concerning you, to guard you in all your ways." (Psalm 91:11)
1. Netanyahu - Lapid truce meeting expected in days -The Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and Finance Minister Yair Lapid will meet in upcoming days to settle their dispute over the 2015 state budget and Lapid's zero-percent VAT housing proposal, sources close to the two men said Tuesday. Tension between the two escalated following reports Monday that Netanyahu had frozen efforts to the housing proposal. It became clear on Tuesday that the prime minister was unaware of the freeze, and that Lapid had not expected the plan to pass until after the Jewish holidays end next month. (Read more)
- Father, we ask that you keep rumors away and not let assumptions be made. We thank You and give You praise for these two leaders of Israel being close to an agreement. God, we ask that you strengthen unity in Israel, let all the members of the government be united. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
2. Fragile peace broken by rocket from Gaza - ynet news
Militants from Gaza fired a rocket towards southern communities on Tuesday night, three weeks after the start of a long-term ceasefire between Israel and Hamas. No damages or injuries were reported.
The Gaza group said it was not aware of any rocket fire towards Gaza-border towns and reiterated its commitment to the ceasefire. The rocket was likely fired around 6:30 pm. No warning siren sounded in the towns of Eshkol Regional Council. The head of the council, Haim Yellen, said "it was not clear if it was routine internal training or intentional rocket fire on the communities. Either way, we will not accept sporadic fire on our towns." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we thank You that this incident wasn't followed by a quick, reflex-like return fire. We pray that the Gaza group is telling the truth about their knowledge. If they aren't, Lord, we pray for their hearts to be convicted. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
3. IDF: Five Rocket Sirens - All False Alarms - Israel National News
After conflicting reports and some confusion, the IDF says a series of five rocket sirens in southern Israel were all false alarms.
At around 11:45 a.m. rocket alert sirens were reported in several communities in southern Israel, including the Hof Ashkelon and Gaza belt regions.
Responding to reports that the sirens were not false alarms but that rockets were actually fired, police in the southern town of Lachish conducted a search for the impact site or sites - but found nothing. (Read more)
4. For Netanyahu, another enemy at the gates - Times of Israel
Gideon Sa'ar's stunning resignation is the most dramatic signal yet of a fundamental shift in Israelis' political loyalties and behavior.
Interior Minister Gideon Sa'ar, the second-most powerful man in the Likud, abruptly left politics on Wednesday.
His statement was blunt. "After I considered, thought, consulted a great deal and did some serious thinking, I decided to take a break from political life," he told the crowd to sudden, stunned silence. "Today I want to enjoy a little more privacy, quiet and freedom. I feel this is the right thing for me, and for those I love . . . On the eve of a new year, I intend to set out on a new path."
And in his half-hour resignation speech, which failed to mention the prime minister once - indeed, Netanyahu learned about the resignation of one of his senior ministers at the same time as the rest of us - Sa'ar offered more than a few hints that his retirement was unlikely to be permanent.
"The people are struggling. The cost of living, the cost of housing. We must not hurt education; we must not hurt welfare; we must not hurt health; we must not hurt the weaker parts of society . . . The people gave us their trust time after time. We must not disappoint them," he declared with pathos. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that You would place Your Hand of shalom over the nation of Israel in these turbulent times. Let this nation stand united before You and before its own leaders, as they face "the enemy at the gates." We ask this prayer in the name of Yeshua, amen.
- "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem . . ." (Psalm 122:6)
5. Air force base slated to become second major airport - Times of Israel
Plan would see Ramat David, the north's only military strip, turn into a civilian terminal 5 years after government approval. (Read more)
6. Remains of Byzantine monastery found near Jerusalem - Times of Israel
Antiquities Authority uncovers oil and wine presses, mosaics outside Beit Shemesh during expansion of neighborhood. (Read more)
7. Groups working to stop US funding of campus anti-Israel activity - Times of Israel
Ten organizations, mostly Jewish, are pushing Congress to reform the Higher Education Act. (Read more)
- Father God, we ask that this initiative would be heard in Congress, and that all campuses that do not support Israel feel the financial impact of their policies when the Higher Education Act has been revised. We ask this in the name of Yeshua, Amen.
- "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." (Genesis 12:3)
8. Islamic State secretly near Israel border, Syrian rebel group says - Times of Israel
Free Syrian Army spokesperson says brutal jihadi group quietly making inroads in villages near Golan by offering aid in exchange for services to be named later. The Islamic State terror group is operating sleeper cells in southern Syria near the border with Israel, a spokesman for the opposition's Free Syrian Army charged Sunday. (Read more)
- Father we ask Your protection for the people of Israel!
- "Because you have had an ancient hatred, and have shed the blood of the children of Israel by the power of the sword at the time of their calamity . . . I will prepare for you blood, and blood shall pursue you; since you have not hated blood, therefore blood shall pursue you." (Ezekiel 35: 5,6)
"And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord." (Psalm 27:6)
1. Islamic State responds to Obama with Hollywood-style video - Haaretz
The Islamic State issued a video in response to President Obama's vow to "degrade and ultimately destroy it," displaying a preview that it would kill American ground forces even though he ruled out putting boots on the ground, The New York Times reported Wednesday.
The 52-second clip produced by the Al Hayat Media Center, the Islamic State's media wing, boasts high-quality images and filming techniques. It shows tanks blowing up in slow motion, injured American soldiers and explosions superimposed over images of U.S. military figures.
The video also features shots of President George W. Bush's "Mission Accomplished" banner, President Obama and the White House and militants about to carry out executions. (Read more)
2. ISIS followers urged to attack Times Square with homemade bombs - Fox News
upporters of the Islamic State terror group are being urged to attack Times Square and other popular American tourist attractions with easily assembled homemade bombs, according to a disturbing report Tuesday.
A message posted on an ISIS Web forum lists widely available ingredients needed to build a pipe bomb, and includes photos showing how to combine them into a deadly explosive device, Vocativ reported.
The Arabic-language message cites Times Square - the scene of a failed car-bomb attack in 2010 by al Qaeda sympathizer Faisal Shahzad - and the Las Vegas Strip as prime targets, but also suggests striking sites in Texas and mass-transit stations across the country.
The message is titled "To the Lone Wolves in America: How to Make a Bomb in Your Kitchen, to Create Scenes of Horror in Tourist Spots and Other Targets," and was written three weeks ago.
But it "resurfaced" on Saturday afternoon, around the same time ISIS released a video of the beheading of British aid worker David Haines on the same Web forum, according to Vocativ. (Read more)
3. Australia raids foil reported ISIS beheading plots - Fox News
Australian counterterrorism forces detained 15 people Thursday in a series of suburban raids after receiving intelligence that the Islamic State militant group was planning public beheadings in two Australian cities to demonstrate its reach.
About 800 federal and state police officers raided more than a dozen properties across 12 Sydney suburbs as part of the operation -- the largest in Australian history, Australian Federal Police Deputy Commissioner Andrew Colvin told the Associated Press. A sword was removed as part of evidence at one of the homes.
Separate raids in the eastern cities of Brisbane and Logan were also conducted.
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation reported that the plan involved kidnapping randomly selected members of the public off the streets in Sydney and Brisbane, beheading them on camera, and releasing the recordings through Islamic State's propaganda arm in the Middle East. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You for this good report and we ask that You would grace our own intelligence agencies with the same ability to block and expose the plans of terrorist cells in our own nation. God bless Austraila! In Your Name, amen.
- "He thwarts the plans of the crafty, so that their hands achieve no success." (Job 5:12)
4. ISIS, in Magazine, Warns of 'Armageddon' Against US, West - Newsmax
5. Al Qaeda branches urge jihadist unity against US - Longwarjournal.com
6. Bush 2006: World War III Coming If 'Caliphate Capitol' Established In Iraq - Breitbart
7. Arabic to Become Mandatory for Schook Kids in Harlem, Program Sponsored by Qatar - DNA Info New York
8. First they take Damascus, not Jerusalem - Times of Israel
9. New York man charged with aiding Islamic State militants - The Blaze
10. 2 Afghan Policemen Working With DEA Vanish During Georgetown Visit - WJLA News/DC
Two Afghan nationals, who were in the District to work with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, vanished during a visit to Georgetown over the weekend, officials confirmed Monday to ABC7 News. (Read more)
- Lift up a prayer that these Afghan men be found. Amen.
- "For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open." (Mark 4:22)
11. > > > UNCLASSIFIED: The Global War on Terrorism - The Long War
Brigadier General Mark O. Schissler, USAF, Deputy Director for the War on Terrorism The Joint Staff. "Jihad is a state of mind. Peace under this mental framework can only occur when there is only one global power and all "infidels and apostates" have been converted or subverted to the will of Allah." (Read more)
12. ISIS Terrorist or Congressman Nick Rahall Staffer? You Decide - Front Page Magazine
13. Kurds retake Christian villages from Iraq militants - English Arabiya News
14. Iraqi Official Warns Vatican ISIS Wants To Assassinate Pope Francis During Upcoming Trips To Muslim Countries - The Telegraph UK
Pope Francis is at risk of an assassination attempt by the Islamic extremists of Isil, the Vatican has been warned, ahead of his first visit to a Muslim-majority country this weekend.
As the 77-year-old pontiff prepares to travel to Albania on Sunday for a one-day visit, Iraq's ambassador to the Holy See said there were credible threats against the pontiff's life.
The leader of the Roman Catholic Church could also be vulnerable when he travels to Turkey in November, the ambassador said.
Jihadists from Isil have in recent weeks boasted of wanting to extend their caliphate to Rome, the heart of Western Christendom, and have talked of planting the jihadist black flag on top of St Peter's Basilica. (Read more)
The Daily Jot
Congress complicit in arming terrorists
Make no doubt about it: The US Congress, which has been absent for the past several years on both domestic and foreign policy, is complicit in using taxpayer money to expand the reach of terrorism. The Republican-controlled House of Representatives Wednesday voted 273-156 to approve the "president's" plan to train and equip "moderate" Syrian rebels to counter the threat of the Islamic State and to overthrow the government of Bashar Assad. The trouble is, it is proven repeatedly that there are no moderates to arm. These Islamists will take our training and our money, as they have in the past, and go off on their own radical mission, likely joining the Islamic State.
The Washington Post reports, "Every ideological corner of the House found reason to doubt the mission, portending a lengthy debate in November and December over an expansive use-of-force resolution...Duncan D. Hunter (R-Calif.), a Marine who deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan, said the authority "does nothing" to destroy the Islamic State. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii), a captain in the Hawaii National Guard who served in Iraq, called Obama's strategy "unrealistic" and worried "it will take way too long" to work. Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va), a controversial Democrat and shyster, said "It's the best choice of worse options. It's because there are no better alternatives and I don't think it's responsible to do nothing."
Congress and this "president" are doing the same thing over again that they did with what enjoined a fledgling Islamic State--train Islamists on US tactics, give them US weapons, and point them in the direction of what the West perceives as the bad guys--Only to have them join the bad guys because they are bad guys to begin with. They voted with serious misgivings to give this "president" authority to arm more Islamists in the Middle East. The long term impact of this plan is to bolster the ranks of the IS caliphate and consolidate its presence in Syria, Iraq and the Levant (which includes Israel). There is no way to defeat IS by training and equipping Islamists to do it. They are bound by their religion.
We have a "president" who is now using a Congress to continue Arab Spring and ultimately arm and fund Islamists that will most likely join the IS caliphate rather than destroy it. It is widely reported that the moderate groups the "president" wishes to train and arm already have a non-aggression agreement in place with IS. The "president" says this is not true. It has been reported, however, by several credible outlets that are independent of one another. Bottom line: Congress and the White House are complicit in arming the enemies of America and they are using your tax money to do it. As the Lord said in Joshua 7:13, "There is an accursed thing in the midst of thee." And we cannot stand until it is gone and we are sanctified.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Gay Parade Today in Jerusalem
GAY PARADE THIS TODAY IN JERUSALEM
This coming Thursday September 18 2014 the rescheduled 12th annual Jerusalem gay parade is scheduled to take place at 5pm with the march beginning at 6pm. It was originally scheduled for August, but because of the rocket attacks it was canceled. Today as Linda and I were walking home we noticed the rainbow flags flying on one of the streets where this parade will travel. We must also pray for governmental officials who help finance these events to the tune of millions of shekels. Some think that these kinds of events bring God's judgements, but if you look at the scriptures (including the one below), we see that this kind of behavior is judgement, and brings greater judgement. Sin is sin, but this sin involves the body and as a result can bring much greater recompense in the future. It is for this reason I am sending out this serious call to prayer. The Lord loves the homosexual as much as any other sinner, but He still hates the sin.
The Holy City of all Places
But putting sin on display and flaunting it in God's Holy City will have much consequences. The orthodox community in Jerusalem very much oppose this parade knowing it brings judgement listen here. Back on the morning of the first ever "gay parade", we saw something happen here in Jerusalem. The manholes popped off and raw sewage began running down the street named Ha Naveim (the English translation is "The Street of The Prophets") We see in Rev.11:8 that Jerusalem will become so polluted with sodomy that the Lord will not even call it by name anymore. The city which He has chosen to put His Holy Name forever is being defiled, but we MUST cry out in prayer now for the souls that hang in the balance of hell fire. The Lord knows what is coming and I believe it is oh so very near. Please, please set aside time pray and even fast for this filthy event. Souls hang in the balance and we must intercede. I am attaching the link to the word the Lord recently gave through me. If you haven't watched this 35 minute message please do now.
"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." ( Rom 1:20-24, 26-32)
(Source: Word From Yerushalaim, email@example.com )
Submitted to CHPP by Jerry and Judy Ball, Breaker of Dawn Ministries
A Martyr's Letter
A Martyr's Letter:
ISIS terrorists behead children in front of parents -- children who refuse to deny Christ!!
I am sending you a selection from an email that Candy Marballi, our Children's Ministry Director for the 40 Day Prayer Covenant, forwarded to me today. As you will see it is a startling account of brothers and sisters in Christ under persecution from ISIS--whose children are being called to wear the martyr's crown.
Please take time now to read it-I believe it is very important.
The Prayer Covenant
A friend just got a text message from her brother asking her to shower him and his parish in prayer. He is part of a mission and ISIS has taken over the town they are in today. He said ISIS is systematically going house to house to all the Christians and asking the children to denounce Jesus. He said so far not one child has. And so far all have consequently been killed.
But not the parents.
The UN has withdrawn and the missionaries are on their own. They are determined to stick it out for the sake of the families - even if it means their own deaths. He is very afraid, has no idea how to even begin ministering to these families who have seen their children martyred. Yet he says he knows God has called him for some reason to be his voice and hands at this place at this time.
These brave parents instilled such a fervent faith in their children that they chose martyrdom. Please surround them in their loss with your prayers for hope and perseverance."
We grieve with the parents even as we celebrate their children who have made the ultimate witness to Jesus Christ the Lord of life! (As many of you know, the Greek word for witness is the word martyr.)
I believe we need to lay hold of the Lord for these fellow believers and for one another--that we will come to understand in a whole new way what it means to lay down our lives for the Lord and for one another. The Prayer Covenant calls us to this level of commitment.
Questions that I am pondering today:
Am I ready and willing to give my life for Jesus?
Do I understand what I am praying who I say "Jesus be Lord of my life today and change me anyway you want"?
Do I really mean it?
God works through the blood of the martyrs. Will I hear and learn what the Lord intends to teach me through the persecution of these children and their parents?
May God bless us to be witnesses and to stand with those who are.
Here is the sign that ISIS is painting on the houses of Christians-it is Arabic for the letter N and it stands for those who follow the "Nazarene." Stephen Eyre is using it on his Facebook page to identify with our brothers and sisters who are marked with this sign. What are ways that you can visibly and spiritually stand with the Nazarene and his followers?
Let us pray for our persecuted brothers and sisters and for each other. May what God is doing in Iraq further empower and unleash what he is doing here!
Christ is All!
- Oh, Abba Father God! We cry out to you today on behalf of these dear brothers and sisters who now suffer under the sword of ISIS. We can find no words for our grief with them . . . and for them.
Abba, like the disciples of old, who stood at the Tomb and wondered where You were, we stand before You now. We cannot understand, Lord . . . we cannot understand. Please help us to strengthen our faith, and to know how to respond to the crisis overseas in tangible ways to help. Please Lord, we ask this prayer, in Your name, amen and amen.
- "In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God." (Romans 8:26,27)
For ISIS Research
Foreign Fighters In Iraq And Syria -- Where Do They Come From?
The CIA estimated in September 2014 that the hard-line fundamentalist militants of Islamic State (IS, also known as ISIS or ISIL) numbered between 20,000 and 31,500 in Syria and Iraq, two to three times more than a previous estimate. It claimed that half of those fighters are foreigners. Here are breakdowns by country of origin.
Place mouse over each country for details . . .
To view this interactive map, go here. (Source: Radio Free Europe)
Ukraine President Addresses Congress
Ukraine crisis: President Poroshenko in key US visit
In an address to a joint session of Congress, he said ill-equipped young Ukrainian servicemen were fighting a "war for the free world" against Russian aggression.
US President Barack Obama has condemned Russia's actions in Ukraine. But he has said that military support will only include non-lethal equipment.
Mr Poroshenko told the joint session of Congress in Washington that Ukrainian government forces needed more equipment - both lethal and non-lethal.
"Blankets, night-vision goggles are important, but one cannot win the war with blankets."
His impassioned plea for US support brought applause and several standing ovations.
But the BBC's Jane O'Brien in Washington says it's unlikely he'll get much more than that, even though he framed the Ukrainian crisis as a threat to global security and democracy.
The Associated Press news agency quotes senior US administration officials as saying that President Obama will announce $46m (£28.1m) in new security assistance for the Ukrainian military when he meets Mr Poroshenko later, but will stop short of providing lethal aid.
More than 3,000 people have died in fighting between Ukrainian government forces and pro-Russian rebels in the eastern Donetsk and Luhansk regions since April. Both the US and the European Union have recently imposed a new round of sanctions against Russia over its role in the Ukraine crisis. (BBC) Read more
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Once Illegal, Christianity Now Spreading in Albania
"One former atheist, now a first-generation Christian, told us, 'No matter how many times I said no to the Lord, when I finally turned to Jesus, He said yes to me.'"
(Chambersburg, PA)-An unlikely mission field has emerged in the former atheist nation of Albania. For nearly 25 years, from 1967 to 1990, all religious observations throughout the nation were prohibited, and all churches and mosques were closed. But today, The Tide© (www.thetide.org) global radio ministry is expanding its programs into Albania to reach people with the message of salvation through Jesus Christ.
"Having just returned from Albania, we were truly inspired by Christians in that nation to help them spread the life-changing news of Jesus Christ throughout their once-atheist country," said The Tide Director Don Shenk. "One former atheist, now a first-generation Christian, told us, 'No matter how many times I said no to the Lord, when I finally turned to Jesus, He said yes to me.' This one story reflects God's saving grace and the way He has used The Tide over the past 68 years. Stories like this motivate us to press on to reach as many people as we can with the hope that is Jesus."
Celebrating its 68th year of ministry, The Tide shares the good news of Jesus Christ across two continents through producing radio programs in 19 heart languages-meaning programs produced on site, using indigenous speakers who tell people about Jesus in the language they were born to speak.
One of Europe's poorest nations, Albania has a population of just over 3 million, with more than 55 percent being Muslim, 10 percent Roman Catholic, approximately 7 percent Orthodox, 2.5 percent atheist, and more than 20 percent either another religion or unspecified.
Earlier this summer, Pope Francis announced that his first international trip in Europe would be to Albania, reflecting the openness of that nation to the message of Jesus. His one-day visit is scheduled for Saturday, September 21.
(Breaking Christian News) Read more.
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders
Red tide off northwest Florida could hit economy
It's like Florida's version of The Blob. Slow moving glops of toxic algae in the northeast Gulf of Mexico are killing sea turtles, sharks and fish, and threatening the waters and beaches that fuel the region's economy.
Known as "red tide," this particular strain called Karenia brevis is present nearly every year off Florida, but large blooms can be particularly devastating. Right now, the algae is collecting in an area about 60 miles wide and 100 miles long, about 5 to 15 miles off St. Petersburg in the south and stretching north to Florida's Big Bend, where the peninsula ends and the Panhandle begins.
Fishermen who make a living off the state's northwest coast are reporting fish kills and reddish water.
"It boils up in the propeller wash like boiled red Georgia clay. It's spooky," said Clearwater fisherman Brad Gorst as he steered the charter fishing boat Gulfstream 2 in waters near Honeymoon Island, where dead fish recently washed ashore.
Red tide kills fish, manatees and other marine life by releasing a toxin that paralyzes their central nervous system. The algae also foul beaches and can be harmful to people who inhale the algae's toxins when winds blow onshore or by crashing waves, particularly those with asthma and other respiratory ailments. (YahooNews) Read more
- Lord we pray for Your hand of mercy against this red tide. Be merciful to those who depend upon the creatures of the sea to make a living, and upon the people who eat them.
- " . . . for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe every tear from their eyes." (Rev. 7:17)
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Joy of the Lord"
- Jenn Johnson
- Bethel Music
Praise Him today!
Today's Birthday on the Hill
Almost every day of the year, a member of Congress or a Senator is celebrating a birthday. Let's lift up these men and women, day by day in prayer on their special day, that God might bless them and show them His love for each one. Indeed, let's move together in obedience to the Lord's mandate in I Timothy 2:1-4. It is written:
"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."
Today's Birthday Greeting goes to:
Rep. John F. Tierney (MA)
(Source: Bible Pathways Ministries. www.biblepathway.org)