Learn about "I Still Do", One-Day Events!
(6,000 to attend in D.C. next month!)
Go here for more . . .
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, September 15, 2014
"Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence."
(2 Chronicles 6:19)
WE ARE ASKING ALL OF OUR PRAYER PARTNERS TO READ THE VERSES BELOW OUT LOUD, AS A DECREE, KNOWING THAT THE WORD WILL NOT RETURN VOID. (Isaiah 55:11) THANK YOU!
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:1)
The Daily Brief
1. Obama repeats US mission on defeating Islamic State but avoids the word 'war' - Fox News
Despite the White House and State Department confirming that the US is 'at war' with the Islamic State, President Obama once again avoids using the word during his weekly radio address, in move that may appeal to Americans reluctant to engage in a new Middle East conflict.
However, conflicting and at times seemingly evolving messages from top U.S. officials since the address has sparked concern about the president's exact goals toward destroying the Islamic State, which has made a surprising and deadly rise to power in Syria and Iraq over the past several months. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we have seen the reports of the evil actions by this Islamic state. It is self evident that this terrorist group is an endangerment to the rest of humankind. The US administration admits that this group must be stopped but appears unable to acknowledge fully what a response to this group will involve. Father, we ask that You confront the leaders in the US and cause them to state truthfully what is occurring and how to respond. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall." (Proverbs 16:18 NKJV)
2. Video shows slaying of British aid worker - YahooNews.com
Islamic State extremists released a video showing the beheading of British aid worker David Haines, who was abducted in Syria last year, and British Prime Minister David Cameron late Saturday condemned his slaying as "an act of pure evil." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, once again we are grieved at the news of the brutal slaying of another hostage, a British aid worker, by ISIS. We ask You, Father, to both surround and comfort the family, his friends and associates, and that You abide in the midst of the governmental response to this on-going barbaric behavior. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting." (Romans 1:28 NKJV)
3. World leaders in Paris to strategize against Islamic State - Times of Israel
Newly outraged by the beheading of yet another Western hostage, diplomats from around the world are in Paris pressing for a coherent global strategy to combat extremists from the Islamic State group - minus two of the main players and without any ground troops - in a conflict that threatens to spill beyond the Mideast.
US Secretary of State John Kerry has been pressuring allies ahead of a conference Monday to show a united front, especially from majority-Muslim nations, saying nearly 40 countries agreed to contribute to a worldwide fight to defeat the militants before they gain more territory in Iraq and Syria.
The White House said Sunday it would find allies willing to send combat forces - something the United States has ruled out - but that it was too early to identify them. The US has so far been alone in carrying out airstrikes. (Read more)
- Lord God, we know that in any meeting of this magnitude, "deals" are struck to satisfy all parties involved. We ask that, due to the dire emergency posed by ISIS' engine of destruction, that these deals be suspended and that, instead, these leaders will quickly achieve what they state they plan to do: form a common, united front and strategy to "degrade and destroy" this barbaric machine. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
- "Now therefore, be wise, O kings; Be instructed, you judges of the earth. Serve the Lord with fear, And rejoice with trembling." (Psalm 2:10,11)
4. Gen. John Allen named as US envoy to anti-IS coalition - Times of Israel
Retired Marine was top US commander in Afghanistan from 2011-2013
As part of the effort against the Islamic State group, US Secretary of State John Kerry formally announced Saturday that retired Marine Gen. John Allen was joining the State Department as a special presidential envoy to coordinate the international coalition. Allen worked with international allies as the top US commander in Afghanistan from 2011-2013.
President Barack Obama on Saturday condemned as a "barbaric murder" the slaying of British aid worker David Haines by Islamic State extremists. Haines was abducted last year in Syria, and extremists released a video on Saturday showing his beheading. (Read more)
- Father God, it seems that General Allen is just the man for this job. We thank You for the wise choice of this selection, and we ask that You would lead, guide and direct his thinking and his actions by Your Hand. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
5. White House presses Congress to vote now on arming Syrian rebels - Fox News
The White House on Sunday put pressure on Congress to vote this week in favor of training and arming Syrian rebels as part of President Obama's plan to destroy the Islamic State, making clear that sending U.S. combat troops is not an option.
"If it's not the Syrian opposition, trained and equipped by the United States, authorized by Congress and the president . . . then it'll have to be U.S. troops," White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough told "Fox News Sunday." "The president made a decision on that. We're not going to do that."
The GOP-led House appears most ready to approve the plan. Members are expected to return to Capitol Hill on Monday, a day ahead of schedule, to begin preliminary work on authorizing the training and the $500 million in spending the White House wants for moderate Syrian rebels to help in the fight against the militant group, also known as ISIS or ISIL. (Read more)
- Lord, we pray for wise counselors with your Godly wisdom for our President and military. Lord, shine your light and expose the hidden things of darkness. Lord cover our military leaders with a blanket of discernment. Lord set ambushes for the enemy that their evil plans would be exposed. Lord, I also pray that our country be united with the President in the war against ISIS/ISIL. Your word says a house divided will fall. Lord, we do not want to fall, but to eradicate this evil from the earth. Lord, we acknowledge that the battle is Yours. I pray that we are in agreement with Your will that ISIL be destroyed.
- "Surely you need guidance to wage war, and victory is won through many advisers." (Proverbs 24:6)
6. Israel tells US it will act if IS reaches Jordan - Times of Israel
In talks with US officials about the Islamic State this week, Israel has made clear that should the extremist group start operating in neighboring Jordan, it will not hesitate to act, Channel 2 reported Friday citing diplomatic sources. According to the report, Israel believes US airstrikes in Iraq have already yielded results on the ground, helping Kurdish forces make inroads in recapturing territory overtaken by the extremist group.
The TV report did not specify what actions Israel might take if Islamic State started impacting upon Jordan, but Israel is wary of its eastern neighbor being challenged by the brutal terror group, and would seek to guard against further inroads that would directly threaten Israel.
Israel has provided the US with intelligence and satellite images on Islamic State positions, as well as information on Westerners joining its ranks, to assist Washington in its ongoing operation against the Islamic State, reports earlier this week indicated. (Read more)
- Lord God, once again we thank You for the wisdom being demonstrated by the Israelis. They have now announced their own policy regarding the threat of ISIS on their doorstep, should this occur, and we can be assured that Israel will definitely follow through, as announced, if necessary. Praise God for the Israelis!
- "All you need to say is simply 'Yes' or 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one." (Matthew 5:37)
7. Obamacare Glitch Lets Employers Offer Substandard Insurance - Newsmax
Employers are taking advantage in flaws in the Obamacare calculator for ensuring the healthcare plans they offer meet federal standards, and as a result they're offering plans that lack vital benefits such as hospitalization coverage, insurance brokers and consultants say.
Companies who are enrolling workers for coverage next year are offering inexpensive plans that allow them to avoid penalties for not offering any coverage at all, reports Kaiser Health News.
Such a strategy "flies in the face of Obamacare," Liz Smith, president of employee benefits for Illinois-based insurance brokerage Assurance said.
But workers have little choice rather than to accept their employers' substandard plans as no federal tax credits are available for people who can buy insurance through their companies' approved plans.
The minimum-value calculator is an online tool offered by the Health and Human Services Department that self-insured insurers can use to certify that their plans pass federal standards that require they pay at least 60 percent of the total cost of medical services for standard population. Employers that can pass the calculator's ratings and can avoid being fined as much as $3,000 per uninsured employee in 2015. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we come before You about this destructive health care law, because a number of employers will be offering substandard plans to their employees due to the costs involved. Father, have mercy over these employees, who now will be denied the health care they will need. We ask that You cause this destructive law to be shut down. We ask this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "'For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now I will arise,' says the Lord; 'I will set him in the safety for which he yearns.'" (Psalm 12: 5 NKJV)
8. In England: School to fingerprint students to 'monitor their diets' - Fox News
A school is implementing a biometric system...students at Redhill School in Stourbridge, England will be fingerprinted in an attempt to reduce lunch lines and "monitor pupils' diets. . . We are aiming to have a cashless system throughout the school. The catering system is better for parents because they don't have to provide lunch money every morning. From our perspective it is far more efficient as it reduces waiting times. (Read more)
- Lord God, this must be a precursor to the Mark of the Beast, where no man can buy or sell unless he has this mark on his forehead or his hand. We ask that there would be a great outcry against this scheme, and that this plan would fold. Guard these children, Father, we ask in Jesus name, amen.
- " . . . he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name." (Revelation 13:17)
9. Satanists Sell Out Controversial Oklahoma 'Black Mass' Event, Will Stage Exorcism Despite Christian Protests - Christian Post
The Satanist group that will stage a controversial "black mass" at an Oklahoma City civic center has said that all 88 tickets for its Sept. 21 event are sold out. The co-founder of the group revealed that the ritual will go ahead despite strong Christian protests and will feature a satanic exorcism, but will be "toned down" to comply with state health laws. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we come before Your Throne, asking that You rise up and shut down this demonic event that is being planned in Oklahoma City. Confront the planners of this satanic event with the full Glory and Awe of You alone, filling them with fear in their spirits so that they will be cast into confusion, therefore canceling this event. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who speaks lies shall perish." (Proverbs 19:9 NKJV)
10. Uganda authorities foil attempted terror attack, following US embassy warnings - Fox News
Ugandan authorities on Saturday thwarted an attempted terror attack, just days after the terror group al-Shabaab vowed revenge for U.S. air strikes that killed its leader.
Uganda police reportedly arrested several suspects and recovered explosives in the capitol of Kampala, according to The Wall Street Journal. However authorities did not say whether the suspects are members of al-Shabaab, an Al Qaeda affiliate. The announcement about the arrests was made just hours after the U.S. embassy in Uganda warned Americans in the country that an attack was "imminent" and to stay indoors.
The embassy had warned in the aftermath of leader Ahmed Abdi Godane's death earlier this month about the potential for a revenge attack. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we thank You that the American embassy in Uganda was warned so that they could advise US citizens in Uganda to take precautions for the possible retaliatory attacks that could happen. We lift up praise that the Ugandan police have arrested suspects planning such an attack. Father, we ask that You continue to abide in the midst of any potential attacks, guiding the responders to these threats. We pray in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Plans are established by counsel; by wise counsel wage war." (Proverbs 20:18 NKJV)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"He will give His angels charge concerning you, to guard you in all your ways." (Psalm 91:11)
1. Gaza war is over, but Jerusalem violence remains -The Times of Israel
While the world's attention was focused on the airstrikes and rockets over Gaza and Israel this summer, a wave of violence hit the streets of Jerusalem - and is still roiling parts of this divided city at the core of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for the peace of Jerusalem. We will not stop until the name of Jesus is proclaimed throughout the earth.
- "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. May those who love you be secure." (Psalm 122:6)
2. In Ashkelon, Netanyahu vows to strike Hamas again if needed - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu promised residents of rocket-stricken Ashkelon Thursday to protect them from Hamas rocket fire and strike back if they are attacked again from the Gaza Strip.
Speaking at a meeting of the Likud's governing secretariat, Netanyahu said "Hamas was hit hard and [if] necessary will be hit hard again." (Read more)
3. EU: Return to Gaza's pre-war conditions not an option - The Times of Israel
The violent conflict between Israel and Hamas could easily flare up again, the European Union's envoy to Israel warned Wednesday, saying that a return to the prewar conditions was unacceptable. "We feel that if the situation goes unaddressed, there is still a very considerable potential for violence," Ambassador Lars Faaborg-Andersen told reporters in Jerusalem, adding that the Egyptians are about to send out invitations for talks on a permanent ceasefire.
The EU and the Israeli government agree that "a return to the status quo ante is really not an option when it comes to Gaza," he said. "Therefore we must pursue the dual objectives of, on the one hand, lifting the siege of Gaza, allowing for reconstruction of the area, and a return to some normalcy for the population there, while at the same time safeguarding Israel's legitimate security issues."
That could be achieved by ensuring that Gaza terror groups such as Hamas cannot rearm, he said. Eventually, "the goal of disarmament" could be feasible, he added. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that more people are seeing how a return to old borders would threaten the security of the State of Israel. We ask that You continue to open the eyes of the world to this reality. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
4. Netanyahu: ISIS, Hamas, al-Qaida all branches of the same poison tree - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned against the rising tide of extremism in the world on Sunday, asserting that the Islamic State, Hamas, al-Qaida, the Nusra Fronta, Boko Haram and Hezbollah are all "branches of the same poison tree."
Speaking during a meeting with a visiting Israel Bonds leadership delegation, Netanyahu said all of the groups in question share the same ideology.
"The main difference between ISIS [Islamic State] and Hamas is that these guys cut off heads, while the other guys shoot at heads." (Read more)
- Lord God Jehovah, we thank You for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who never fears to speak the truth. May the nations sit up and take note, and may they now work together to help to "degrade and destroy" all these terrorists branches that surely do come from the same tree. In the Name of Yeshua, we pray, amen.
- "Buy the truth, and do not sell it, also wisdom and instruction and understanding." (Proverbs 23:23 NKJV)
5. Syrian Rebels said to control most of the border in the Golan Heights with Israel! - Times of Israel
Syrian rebels are in control of almost the entire Syrian border with Israel, a monitoring group and the Al-Arabiya news network reported Saturday. According to the report quoted by Israel's Channel 10, rebel forces on Friday gained control of two additional villages near Quneitra, the war-torn nation's solitary border crossing with Israel, leaving only one village in the Syrian army's hands. The report added that the towns of Rawadi and Hamidiyah were taken after heavy fighting between the rebels and the army, loyal to President Bashar Assad.
"The regime is on the retreat before the advancing rebels," Syrian Observatory for Human Rights director Rami Abdel Rahman told AFP. "The regime has now lost control of about 80 percent of towns and villages in Quneitra province." (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that the angel posted at the top of this page was seen standing on the border of Israel. We know that this is Your land, and as the IDF fight for its sovereignty, You will be fighting with them. Thank You, Lord, that Israel belongs to You. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
- "In the greatness of your majesty you threw down those who opposed you. You unleashed your burning anger; it consumed them like stubble." (Exodus 15:7)
6. Kerry opposes Iran role in anti-Islamic State coalition - Reuters
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Friday it was "not appropriate" for Iran to join talks on confronting Islamic State militants, as he appeared to play down how fast countries can commit to force or other steps in an emerging coalition.
Kerry met Turkish leaders to try to secure backing for U.S.-led action against Islamic State militants, but Ankara's reluctance to play a frontline role highlighted the difficulty of building a willing coalition for a complex military campaign in the heart of the Middle East.
As he tours the region to gather support for President Barack Obama's plan to strike both sides of the Syrian-Iraqi frontier to defeat Islamic State Sunni fighters, Kerry said Shi'ite Iran should have no role in talks on how to go about it. (Read more)
7. Kerry: Egypt on frontline in fight against terrorism- Times of Israel
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Egypt was on the frontline of fighting "terrorism" as he sought Cairo's support for a coalition against Islamic State jihadists.
"Egypt is on the frontline of the fight against terrorism, particularly when it comes to fighting extremist groups in Sinai," Kerry told a press conference with Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukri.
Egypt's powerful army is unlikely to take part in military action against the Islamic State jihadists, but it has closely cooperated with the United States on counter-terrorism. (Read more)
8. Israel likely to take a backseat in war against Islamic State - Jerusalem Post
Israel will likely have an important yet backseat role in the international coalition forming against Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.
That role will probably be defined by Jerusalem's ability to provide rapid and precise intelligence support to the US-led military forces charged with making air strikes on Islamic State positions.
Israeli defense officials will not publicly confirm any plans to provide aid to the emerging war effort. (Read more)
9. Haniyeh: Hamas will never give up weapons - Times of Israel
Hamas will never give up its weapons or agree to Gaza's demilitarization, Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh said Saturday. Haniyeh said Hamas's military capabilities were legitimate and would remain so until 'Palestine' was freed from Israel. ". . . the weapons of the resistance and its capabilities are a red line that cannot be crossed, and which no one can touch," he said. (Read more)
10. Hebrew Nation News - HNN
To read this week's edition of HNN, go here.
11. Intercessors for Israel Newsletter - IFI
To read this week's edition of the IFI newsletter, go here.
ISIS or ISIL?
ISIS or ISIL?
ISIS vs. ISIL: Why Obama stands alone
What's behind the choice of name of Mideast terror group?
President Obama may have had a difficult time formulating a strategy to deal with the ISIS crisis, yet he alone has been almost obsessively resolute in referring to the group as "ISIL."
In some of Obama's briefings on ISIS, he has gone so far as to spell out ISIL.
Puzzling to reporters and pundits, the use of ISIL by Obama has prompted a bevy of theories.
ISIS was the original name of the al-Qaida offshoot. It's an acronym that stands for Islamic State in Syria and Iraq. But, months ago, ISIS changed its name to ISIL - the Islamic State in the Levant. More recently, ISIS chose to be known simply as Islamic State.
Most news organizations, pundits and policymakers chose to stick with ISIS, perhaps to discourage the ISIS shell game of frequent name changes. Obama, though, has stuck with ISIL.
. . . Fox News' Harris Faulkner suggests Obama is "tipping his hat" to ISIS by calling it ISIL.
"Levant is a bigger territory," she said. "That's why they want to embrace that name, and it includes many, many more countries than just Syria."
Indeed it does. And one of those countries is Israel, as former Rep. Allen West points out.
"First, if you choose to refer to this group as ISIL, you have basically rewritten the map of the Middle East and fallen into the trap of not recognizing the existence of Israel and also Lebanon," West wrote on his blog. "If you use ISIL, you are then validating the Islamic totalitarian and jihadist claim that the modern-day Jewish state of Israel is an occupation state and does not exist in the eyes of Muslims." (WorldNetDaily) Read more.
Tracking Capitol Hill!
Tracking Capitol Hill!
For all headlines listed below, please decree this verse:
"Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." (1 Timothy 2:1-4)
1. Speaker Boehner to Invite President Poroshenko of Ukraine to Address Congress - Office of the Speaker of the House
House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) today announced that he will invite President Petro Poroshenko of Ukraine to address a joint meeting of Congress on Thursday, September 18.
"Having President Poroshenko address Congress is another signal of our steadfast commitment to the aspirations of his people," Speaker Boehner said. "It will be an honor and a privilege to welcome him to the United States Capitol."
Petro Poroshenko is the fifth president of Ukraine, and will be the second to address the United States Congress. President Viktor Yushchenko addressed a joint meeting on April 6, 2005 (See more here)
- Lord God, we thank You that Speaker Boehner will honor the nation of Ukraine when he welcomes President Poroshenko here on Thursday. We ask for an extra level of security, both on the ground and in the heavens, to be present in Congress that day, and that the American people -- and Congress -- will hear the heartcry of the President of Ukraine and respond according to Your will for those besieged people. We ask this in Jesus name, amen.
- "Pray for . . . kings and all in authority. . . " (I TIm. 2:1,2)
2. House Republicans' CR Funds Planned Parenthood and All Obamacare - CNSNews.com
The continuing resolution that the House Appropriations Committee introduced yesterday and that the House Republican leadership is preparing to bring up for a vote on the House floor puts no limits on funding Planned Parenthood-the nation's largest abortion provider-or any provision of Obamacare, including the regulations that force Christian individuals and organizations to buy or provide health insurance that covers abortion-inducing drugs. "The bill is 'clean' and does not contain highly controversial provisions," says a press release put out by the Appropriations Committee.
"We have reached the point where a Continuing Resolution is necessary to keep the government functioning and avoid another shutdown," said Appropriations Chairman Hal Rogers (R.-Ky.). "It is a critical piece of legislation, and my Committee has crafted the bill in a responsible, restrained way that should draw wide support in the House and Senate. This bill is free of controversial riders, maintains current levels, and does not seek to change existing federal policies."
The bill would take effect on Oct. 1, the first day of fiscal 2015, and run only through Dec. 11. That means it is designed to get the members of Congress who vote for it past the November mid-term elections, when all members of the House and a third of the Senate must stand for reelection. If this CR is enacted, the current Congress must return to Washington in a "lame-duck" session and vote for yet another funding bill before Dec. 11. That will allow members thrown out by voters in November to come back and vote to fund the government into next year--if not for the rest of fiscal 2015, which will end on Sept. 30, 2015. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, this CR bill may keep the government from a shutdown but it is setting up lots of contentious issues. It is funding projects that the majority of our citizens do not want and have asked to be repealed or defunded. Help us Father, and force a solution that does not open all these destructive opportunities. We have not had a true budget for this nation for years. Have mercy and confront our leaders in Congress to act responsibly by establishing a true budget. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Is anything too hard for the Lord?" (Genesis 18:14a NKJV)
3. Speaker Boehner: House Is Ready to Work with President on Plan to Destroy ISIS, but White House Must Address Strategy Questions - Christian Coalition of America
At his weekly press briefing, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) said the House stands "ready to work with the president to put in place a plan that would destroy and defeat ISIL," while underscoring the need for the president to address questions and concerns that remain regarding his strategy. Following are Speaker Boehner's remarks:
"Last night the president finally began to make the case that the nation has needed him to make for quite some time: that we must destroy and defeat this terrorist threat. ISIL is a sophisticated and determined enemy, and in order to be successful we must have a comprehensive strategy designed to destroy and to defeat it.
"I think that last night the president made a compelling case for action, but as I said in my statement last night, there are still questions and concerns that remain. For example, I support the president's plan to train and equip Iraqi Security Forces and the Syrian opposition. But I remain concerned that those measures could take years to fully implement at a time when ISIL's momentum and territorial gains must be halted and reversed immediately. (Read more)
4. Senate Democrats Would Overturn Free Speech Protections to Silence Critics - Christian Coalition of America
U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell made the following remarks on the Senate Floor today regarding Senate Democrats' attempt to limit free speech:
"Earlier today, one Democrat Senator urged his colleagues to get serious about the real challenges facing our country - challenges like dealing with the threat of ISIL. He implored fellow Democrats not to focus all their time instead, quote, 'doing things that are of lesser importance.'
"Yet, his voice seems to have been ignored by the Democrats who run the Senate. Because here we stand, debating their proposal on whether or not to take an eraser to the First Amendment. (Read more)
5. Chairman Rogers Introduces Short Term Continuing Resolution to Maintain Government Operations, Prevent Shutdown - Christian Coalition of America
House Appropriations Chairman Hal Rogers has introduced a short term Continuing Resolution (CR) (H.J.Res.124) to prevent a government shutdown at the end of the fiscal year on September 30, 2014.
The legislation continues funding for government programs and services at the current annual cap rate of $1.012 trillion until December 11, 2014. This rate of funding will remain in place for the length of the continuing resolution, or until Congress approves the annual Appropriations legislation for fiscal year 2015. The bill is "clean" and does not contain highly controversial provisions. (Read more)
6. Helping Families Keep Their Plan and Peace of Mind - Christian Coalition of America
House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) issued the following statement after bipartisan House passage of H.R. 3522, the Employee Health Care Protection Act, which would allow Americans in the group insurance market to keep or choose the plans they like.
"In this tough economy, hardworking families need all the peace of mind they can get, and by helping them keep the plan they like, Bill Cassidy's bill does just that. It would mean getting more people back to work, lowering costs at home, and restoring opportunity. Of course, to protect our workers from all of ObamaCare's broken promises, we need to repeal this law and replace it with solutions that lower costs and protect jobs . . ." (Read more)
The Daily Jot
White House purposely arming, training Islamists
As the "president" tried Sept 10 to convince Americans, and the rest of the world, that the Islamic State (IS) is not Islamic and that his government would arm "moderates" in Syria to fight both the Bashar Assad regime in Syria as well as the IS, his strategy already was being undermined. The "president" said, "Tonight, I call on Congress again to give us additional authorities and resources to train and equip these fighters...we must strengthen the opposition as the best counterweight to extremists like ISIL, while pursuing the political solution necessary to solve Syria's crisis once and for all." But as the "president" spoke, those he intended to arm already signed non-aggression agreements with IS.
Agence France-Press reported on September 12, "Syrian rebels and jihadists from the Islamic State have agreed a non-aggression pact for the first time in a suburb of the capital Damascus, a monitoring group said on Friday. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the ceasefire deal was agreed between IS and moderate and Islamist rebels in Hajar al-Aswad, south of the capital. Under the deal, "the two parties will respect a truce until a final solution is found and they promise not to attack each other because they consider the principal enemy to be the Nussayri regime." Nussayri is a pejorative term for the Alawite sect, and offshoot of Shiite Islam to which President Bashar al-Assad belongs."
The Middle East Eye, Orient Net, and the Huffington Post report various versions of the agreement. For example, Orient Net published a list of the 11 clauses to the ceasefire agreement. The site reported that al-Nusra Front - the militant group that on Thursday released 42 UN peacekeepers captured in the Golan Heights, had mediated between the two sides. Huffington Post and Middle East Eye reported that Charles Lister, an analyst at the Brookings Institute, says the alliance on the rebel side was made up of four distinct groups, among them the US-backed Syria Revolutionary Front. Aaron Klein of WorldNet Daily reports that Jordan is concerned that the US "president's" plan will arm mostly "extremists."
In other words, these "moderates" are actually extremists who will be obliged to receive US training, weapons and money, but will not lift a trigger finger toward eradicating the IS. The "president" appears to be out-flanked by a more intelligent and cunning enemy. This, however, is not likely. It is more likely that the US "president" is continuing his Arab Spring strategy repackaged so the American people and an ineffectual Congress can swallow the sugar-coated poison that a Muslim-born and raised "president" is spoon feeding the infidels. When reading Ezekiel 38-39, many may wonder how those nations received their earthly power to attack Israel--to me, it is becoming quite obvious. Matthew 24:4: "Take heed that no man deceive you." The words of Jesus are good enough for me.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
New Prediction by Jonathan Cahn
3,000-year-old Bible mystery anticipates stock collapse?
Is it possible that a 3,000 year-old text warns of a major crash of the U.S. stock market next month? Rabbi Jonathan Cahn, author of the New York Times bestselling book "The Harbinger," has written a sequel, "The Mystery of the Shemitah," in which he documents a historical cycle he believes portends a painful stock-market collapse that would mark the beginning of a major economic decline.
Cahn's warning comes as savvy investors such as Warren Buffett dump stocks of companies such as Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble and Kraft Foods, complaining of "disappointing performance." Meanwhile, fellow billionaire John Paulson, who made his fortune betting on the subprime market meltdown, is dumping stocks from his hedge fund, Paulson & Co. He has shedded 14 million shares of JPMorgan Chase and dumped his entire stock investment in discount retailer Family Dollar and consumer-goods maker Sara Lee.
The widely read financial blog ZeroHedge.com adds to the list of billionaire investors preparing for a market crash, including Sam Zell, chairman of Equity Group Investments; George Soros; and Carl Ichan.
Cahn writes of market collapses as the "ancient mystery moves cross the globe," from the New York Stock Exchange to major exchanges worldwide, "in one vast colossal Shemitah, nullifying, canceling, wiping clean and transforming the financial realms of nations." (WorldNetDaily) Read more here.
- Abba Father, Your Holiness and Ancient Ways are intertwined with what happens in our finances, lives and experiences. The report of key big time investors' actions divesting themselves of key stock market shares is clearly an indicator of a coming collapse. Those who have studied the cycles of the shemitah years know we are entering a Biblically significant year of accountability. Awaken Your people and Your remnant, preparing them to handle what is coming. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "As the mountains surround Jerusalem,so the Lord surrounds His people from this time forth and forever." (Psalm 125:2 NKJV)
PRAY FOR SCOTLAND!
The most important issue right now is Scotland!
We must call all our friends everywhere to pray! The situation is very serious - the move to separate Scotland from the UK is part of a move to destroy Britain. Clifford Hill is also warning of the danger and that it is part of the prophecy of 'Mother Barbara' from Russia.
If Scotland votes on the 18th to leave the UK it will cause both England and Scotland to collapse. Scotland will be outside NATO, the EU and the UK. She will be too small to have any influence except to encourage both Wales and N. Ireland to also leave the UK. The cost to both England and Scotland will run into billions of pounds. Scotland will have no viable currency - no defense system - and with a population of under 5 million - no international voice. Britain will lose her power and influence, because much of our defense is dependent on Scotland, as the world moves into the most dangerous period since the 'Cold War', and I believe, the most dangerous period since 1939 - nations must stand together!
If we split up the United Kingdom - we will spend the next 5-10 years dealing with all the complex issues. Today the world is in its final crisis which may precipitate the Return of Christ and the one Nation which God has so mightily used over the past 300 years will become divided and unable to fulfil the necessary part which God has called us to play as a United People in these last desperate days.
God has called me as an evangelist - but has also given me a prophetic insight - my message as an evangelist is to unite churches, denominations and Christians - not to divide! The power, the strength and the success of my evangelism in recent years has been based on this sense of unity.
I plead with you to pray 'without ceasing' over the next days, that God's plan will be fulfilled and that Scotland will not vote to leave us. I do not believe that God wants us to separate - but why are 24% of Christians in Scotland expected to vote for separation?! Let me remind you that you in Scotland and we in England pray - 'Thy Will be done on earth, not just in Heaven'!
Please pray, as I am, that we shall win the victory in Jesus Name and 'Pray together and Stay together'.
On Friday, we posted a prayer for the nations of the Middle East, noting that the Sunni branch of Islam is now at an all-out war with the Shi'a nations.
Please find below our corrected text, and thank you for praying IN AGREEMENT with these words, below:
- Lord God, we do thank You that these nations are all joining forces with us to fight ISIS, but we also recognize that these nations are governed by Sunni Islam and not Shi'a. It is the Shi'a government of Iran and others that is determined to quash the Sunni "apostates" of Islam. We ask that You brood over all the people of Islam - Sunni and Shi'a - that each one might find new life in Christ Jesus through His Shed Blood on the Cross, and that in Him, there would be true unity, and peace. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "And they sang a new song, saying: "You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased for God persons from every tribe and language and people and nation." (Revelation 5:9)
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study
By Susan L. Turner
For the Week of Sunday, Sept. 16 - Saturday, Sept. 20
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Israelis "Awestruck" by American GI's Coming to Israel to Donate Blood
"Being a soldier, I can help another soldier fighting for this country [Israel]. From one soldier to another I want to give back. We're fighting the same enemy and I want to be able to help." -Anthony W.
(Israel)-It's always a distinct pleasure and extraordinary opportunity to arrange for bringing Americans to donate blood in Israel. It never gets old, and is never an experience to take for granted. Israel is the only country in the world to which people travel-whether on a vacation, tour, or religious pilgrimage-and make it a point to donate blood.
As special as all these experiences are, some are especially outstanding. This week was one of those.
In partnership with Heroes to Heroes, Heart to Heart was able to bring US military veterans to donate blood. Their 10 day whirlwind tour is designed to connect them with Israel, with Israeli military veterans as well, as an opportunity for emotional and spiritual healing. After seeing the land, connecting with the people, and connecting with current and retired Israeli soldiers, visiting some who were wounded in recent fighting, the need to give back became clear. Giving their blood to help save Israeli lives was the answer. As Juan V. noted, "It's a way of giving life. It's a pleasure for me to contribute to save lives of Israeli citizens."
Anthony W. related especially to visiting the Golan where some of the biggest and most bloody battles that Israel has fought have taken place, and current threats are imminent. All the dots connected very clearly for him. "Being a soldier, I can help another soldier (fighting) for this country. From one soldier to another I want to give back. We're fighting the same enemy and I want to be able to help."
Isaac C. observed, that on his trip he "saw there's really a necessity to donate. It's a wonderful thing to give to help people who really need it." Donating the week of the anniversary of September 11 gave him a special reflection, that it gave him "a feeling of hope, unity and caring. Israel and the US have a special bond of friendship."
While it's not unusual to see Americans donating blood in Israel, it's also not something that's an everyday occurrence or that every Israeli knows about. Earlier this year, a pastor's leadership group donated blood in an atmosphere that was described as euphoric. Tears were shed by frequent donors donating blood in Jerusalem, others donating blood for the first time, by some who were ineligible to donate, and even by the Israeli tour guide who was awestruck at what was going on-American Christians coming to share their blood with Israel.
Source: Breaking Christian News
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders
Mystery light in sky baffles American West
'This had something coming out of it'
Americans in the West are still buzzing about a mysterious light that flashed across the sky early Friday, with no confirmed explanation yet for the phenomenon.
The light was seen in the early morning hours in the San Francisco Bay area, as well as in Oregon and Nevada.
"I am used to seeing planes early in the morning with lights, but this was different," one witness told Claycord.com. "This had something coming out of it, it wasn't just the light. I could see it spraying something."
Another witness echoed the comment about the object emitting something:
"This morning when I was leaving for work, before I got into my car I noticed that there was some type of object in the air with a type of floodlight on, and white fog/smoke was billowing out of it - as if something was being sprayed into the air. I tried to take a photo with my iPhone but it didn't come out. This was at 5:58am - I live in Kirkwood - and the object appeared to be just over the area of Clayton Valley Shopping Center at Clayton/Kirker Pass . . . could this be fogging for mosquitoes? I was a bit concerned because the object was clearly spraying some substance into the air . . . with the floodlight on. Then the light went off, and I couldn't see or hear the sounds from a plane or anything, it was very strange." (WND) Read more
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"The More I Seek You" - Kari Jobe
The more I seek you,
The more I find you
The more I find you, the more I love you
I wanna sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breathe, feel your heart beat
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming
Today's Birthdays on the Hill
Almost every day of the year, a member of Congress or a Senator is celebrating a birthday. Let's lift up these men and women, day by day in prayer on their special day, that God might bless them and show them His love for each one. Indeed, let's move together in obedience to the Lord's mandate in I Timothy 2:1-4. It is written:
"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."
Today's Birthday Greeting goes to:
Rep. Joe L. Barton (TX)
Sen. Mark S. Kirk (IL)