EMERGENCY CONFERENCE CALL:
STEMMING THE TIDE OF ISIS
For details, go here and see below.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
> > > SPECIAL EDITION: FOCUS ON ISRAEL < < <
Saturday, August 9, 2014
"Blessed be the Lord, my rock, Who trains my hands for war,
And my fingers for battle . . ." (Psalm 144:1)
Until Operation Protective Edge has ended, we will continue to cover news out of Israel, including weekends.
The next edition of the Daily Brief will be published on Monday, August 11, 2014.
ISIS THREAT: URGENT CALL TO PRAYER
ISIS THREAT: URGENT CALL TO PRAYER
Released by Jane Hansen Hoyt, President, AGLOW International
and Dr. Bob Bakke
Senior Teaching Pastor, Hillside Church, Bloomington, MN
Executive Leadership Team, OneCry
Dear ones, I am sending you a prayer alert that I received from Bob Bakke, a respected prayer leader.
I am asking that you make this urgent prayer alert known to everyone that you can. Share with your prayer leaders and groups.
I feel it is important that we join all those who are fasting and praying on Sunday. I will follow through with a blog and/or an e-blast next week to keep this before our people for ongoing prayer.
We will also have a PRAYER CONFERENCE CALL - SUNDAY, AUGUST 10th at 10PM EST.
The call in number is 712.432.3066. The access number is 754058#.
Please share this as far and wide as possible. When you call PLEASE push *4 to mute immediately as many, many will be on the call.
Together, we rise up in the authority of the name of Jesus against the hellish works of darkness taking place in the world. He reigns! Jane
Jane Hansen Hoyt
P.O. Box 1749 ~ 123 - 2nd Ave. S., Suite 100
Edmonds WA 98020 USA
Voice 425.775.7282 x224 ~ FAX 25.778.9615
JaneHansen@comcast.net ~ www.aglow.org
URGENT PRAYER NEEDED THIS SUNDAY!
Dear friends -
This urgent call to prayer comes via my friend, Bernie Mostert in South Africa. I'm sure you are hearing similar things. We will pray Sunday at my church, Hillside of Bloomington. This is a call to prayer everywhere NOW.
It could not be more heartbreaking, terrifying, or urgent. Please consider what you can do through your networks. The people on this email alone could mobilize millions of people across various parts the earth in the next two days. It necessary that we try.
Should Jesus tarry - and If this ISIS tide is not stemmed - a new darkness with settle upon the earth for hundreds of years. May I plead with you not to ignore this email. Do not forward it before you have prayed through it. THEN send it to as many people as possible.
- Send it to friends and Christians you may know. - Send it to your prayer group. - Send it to your pastor and phone him/her to pray on Sunday during the service - making a special time of prayer for this. You can be certain that by Sunday many more Christians will be dead. Not maybe. Many will be dead.
> > > To read his friend's urgent email, please go here.
Please share this as far and wide as possible. When you call PLEASE push 4* to mute immediately as many, many will be on the call.
ISIS is 'Systematically Beheading Children'
Leader: ISIS is 'Systematically Beheading Children' in 'Christian Genocide'
"Christianity in Mosul is dead, and a Christian holocaust is in our midst," said Mark Arabo, a Californian businessman and Chaldean-American leader. In an interview with CNN's Jonathan Mann, he called what's happening in Iraq a "Christian genocide" and said "children are being beheaded, mothers are being raped and killed, and fathers are being hung."
"Right now, three thousand Christians are in Iraq fleeing to neighboring cities," he told Mann. Arabo is calling on the international community to follow France's lead and offer the Christians of Iraq asylum.
"You're startling me with the severity of what you're describing," the CNN host said. "You said they are --- beheading children?"
"They are systematically beheading children," Arabo repeated slowly. "And mothers and fathers. The world hasn't seen an evil like this for generations."
"There's actually a park in Mosul where they actually beheaded children and put their heads on a stick... this is crimes against humanity. They are doing the most horrendous, the most heart-breaking crimes that you can think of." (Family Security Matters) Read more.
Israel: Update from IFI
Update from Intercessors for Israel
To read this week's prayer points from Intercessors for Israel, please go here.
Update: The Jerusalem Connection
Update: The Jerusalem Connection:
"A War Far From Over"
To read this week's Jerusalem Connection, go here.
Update: Bridges for Peace
Israel Current News with Prayer Focus
Published by Bridges for Peace
This week's news with prayer and verses from BFP includes:
1. Ceasefire Ends with Rocket Fire from Gaza
2. Hamas Intimidation of Foreign Journalists
3. Neutralization of Gaza Terrorist Tunnels Commended
4. Captured Hamas Combat Manual Explains Benefits of Human Shields
5. Arms Sanctions Might be Tip of Iceberg for Israel
6. ISIS Augments its Threats against Israel
7. PM Netanyahu: Hold Hamas Accountable
8. British Medical Journal Publishes Propagandistic Letter on Gaza
9. Israel Electric Repairing Gaza Power Grids
10. Bronze Coins Found in Archaeological Site Near Jerusalem
To read all this news in detail, and to pray with BFP, please go here.
Israel: Negotiation, Only If Rockets Stop
A Palestinian official said that indirect negotiations for a ceasefire in Gaza were expected to resume in Cairo on Sunday with an Israeli delegation scheduled to arrive in the city, where a Palestinian team and Egyptian mediators are waiting.
However, an Israeli official told AFP that talks could not take place until Palestinian rocket fire came to a halt.
"The Egyptian initiative was based on two stages in a consecutive order," he said on condition of anonymity. "First, unconditional ceasefire, and after the implementation of an unconditional ceasefire there would be discussions in Cairo," he said. "The first stage has still not been implemented."
Britain, France and Germany on Saturday urged Israel and Hamas to agree a truce at once. (Ynet News) Read more.
- Heavenly Father, may all mediators and observers from around the world understand this requirement that Israel is presenting for further negotiations. If there are rockets still being fired into Israel from Gaza, then there is no basis for Israel to participate in discussions. Father, confront the leaders who wish to pressure Israel despite all this violence, putting the fear and awe of You into each and every one of them. We ask that You keep Your warrior angels all around Israel's borders, internally as well as externally, and may the miracles continue where missiles are 'deflected' away from their intended targets. We thank You that You abide with Your special people, leading and directing them in all needs to be done. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them." (Psalm 34:7 NKJV)
Report: Senior Hamas member killed
Senior Hamas member reportedly killed in Gaza after fighting resumes
Israeli forces struck more than 20 targets Saturday in the Gaza Strip in response to rocket fire from the area after the expiration of a cease-fire between Israel and the terror group Hamas, reportedly killing a senior member of the militant group.
Hamas officials said Israel airstrikes hit houses, mosques, its warehouses and training sites. Three bodies were found under the ruins of the al-Qassam mosque in Gaza, including that of senior Hamas official Moaaz Zaid, said Palestinian health official Ashraf al-Kidra.
The Israeli military said militants in Gaza fired five rockets Saturday toward Israel, for a total of 70 since the truce expired. In response, Israel has targeted more than 30 sites in Gaza since Friday, it said. (Fox News) Read more
- Heavenly Father, why is it that news reporters do not appear to understand that this is war and that Israel is only firing back after first being 'targets' for Hamas? Difficult things happen within a war zone. We lift up praise and adoration to You for all You are doing to protect for Your special people and land. Thank You Adonai, our Heavenly Father, Hallelujah! We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "I will dwell among the children of Israel and will be their God." (Exodus 29:45 NKJV)
Hamas Executes Spy
Hamas Executed Former Leader for Spying
Hamas operative in Gaza The body of Ayman Taha, a senior Hamas member who was also instrumental in founding the group, was found dead under the rubble in the Gaza neighborhood of Saja'yya. Though the area was hit hard during Israel's Gaza operation, Palestinian sources reported Thursday [Aug. 7] that Taha had not been killed as a result of an IDF attack, but was rather executed by Hamas after being accused of spying for Egypt.
Al Quds news reports that he was executed by Hamas via firing squad for collaboration with Israel, however other Palestinian media said it was his ties with Egypt that led to the execution.
Palestinian officials who spoke to Ynet said his death could have a negative influence on ceasefire talks currently being held in Egypt in a bid to extent the current ceasefire in fighting beyond its 8 am Friday deadline. (Ynet News) Read more.
- Father God, once again we see the cruel mindset of Hamas. We ask that You deal with all members of Hamas, causing each one to have a "heart transfusion" and to turn from their false god to the true and living God. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "Arise, O God, judge the earth; for You shall inherit all nations." (Psalm 82:8 NKJV)
Rabbi Fatally Shot in Miami
Breaking: Rabbi Fatally Shot While Walking to North Miami Beach Synagogue
According to Miami-Dade police, as reported in a story from the Miami NBC affiliate, two young black males approached 60-year-old Orthodox Jewish Rabbi Joseph Raksin Saturday morning as he was walking to his North Miami Beach temple on the 800 block of NE 175th Street.
The two males reportedly shot Raksin, who later died after being airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center.
The police said the suspects -- for whom they don't yet have a good description -- fled, one on a bicycle and one on foot. Law enforcement is also holding off labeling the attack a hate crime. But, as reported by the Miami CBS affiliate in a story from July 28, about two blocks from where Rabbi Raksin was shot, the Congregation Torah Ve'emunah, at 1000 N.E. 175th Street, was vandalized. Around 1 a.m. that morning, a member of a community watch group found swastikas and the word "Hamas" spray-painted on the pillars of the synagogue. (Breitbart) Read more
- Abba Father, when crimes are rather obvious to be hate related, why are the authorities afraid to speak the truth? Father, we ask You to abide with this rabbi's family and all people in his sphere of influence, comforting and protecting them from further harm and attacks. We ask that the truth of these attacks be exposed and reported accurately as to these two crimes reported in this article.. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Do not keep silent, O God! Do not hold Your peace, and do not be still, O God!" (Psalm 83:1)
Operation Protective Edge Daily Update: August 8, 2014
To read this update, please go here.