Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, August 11, 2014
"All nations whom You have made shall come and worship before You, O Lord, And shall glorify Your name. For You are great, and do wondrous things; You alone are God." (Psalm 86:9,10)
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:1)
The Daily Brief
1. US launches four airstrikes against Islamic militants in Iraq - Fox News
U.S. military forces conducted four more airstrikes on Islamic militants in Iraq Saturday, taking out armored carriers firing 'indiscriminately' on civilians, US military officials said.
U.S. Central Command said the strikes on the Islamic State (IS), the militant group formerly known as ISIS, were spread out, with three before noon Eastern Time on Saturday and one at about 3 p.m.
"At approximately 11:20 a.m. EDT, a mix of U.S. fighters and remotely piloted aircraft struck one of two ISIL armored personnel carriers firing on Yazidi civilians near Sinjar, destroying the APC," a statement released late Saturday by US Central Command said. The statement said that all indications suggested that all strikes were successful in destroying the armored vehicles, and that all aircraft left the area safely. (Read more)
Sunday update: US launches five more airstrikes Sunday, destroying four Islamic State armored vehicles - Fox News (Read more here)
- Heavenly Father, what is happening in Iraq is horrifying, so we lift praise that a response from the US administration is being done. We are thankful that these airstrikes appear to be slowing ISIS for now. So many people groups are being threatened, beheaded, cut in half, crucified, hunted and attacked, where their only crime is not being part of Islam. We ask You, Father, to rise up and protect all these people groups, especially Your remnant people. Have mercy on the other groups, redeeming them if they will turn to You. Save even those fighting for ISIS if they will turn and come out of their darkness to Your glorious Light. We pray in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "But the wicked will be cut off from the earth, and the unfaithful will be uprooted from it." (Proverbs 2:22 NKJV)
2. Obama says Iraq situation will take more than 'weeks' to solve - Fox News
President Obama braced Americans on Saturday for a sustained military involvement in Iraq, saying the United States is prepared to continue with air strikes to protect U.S. diplomats and citizens and others under attack from the Islamic State terror group. "I don't think we're going to solve this problem in weeks," the president said on the South Lawn of the White House. "This is going to be a long-term project."
Obama laid out a three-part strategy for heightened U.S. involvement in Iraq, one day after U.S. aircraft began launching air strikes on military installations belonging to the Islamic State (IS), the militant group formerly known as ISIS, and dropping humanitarian aid for the estimated thousands who have fled from the terror group into the Sinjar mountains, in the northern region of the country. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we are thankful that the US leadership is responding to what is happening in Iraq. May they come to understand how serious this matter is, even for their own spiritual future. Confront them, Father, and pull them out of their darkness to You, in Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." (Matthew 6:33 NKJV)
3. Fighters abandoning al-Qaeda affiliates to join Islamic State, U.S. officials say - Washington Post
U.S. spy agencies have begun to see groups of fighters abandoning al-Qaeda affiliates in Yemen and Africa to join the rival Islamist organization that has seized territory in Iraq and Syria. The movements are seen . . . as a worrisome indication of the expanding appeal of a group known as the Islamic State that has overwhelmed military forces in the region and may now see itself in direct conflict with the United States. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, without You in our midst, this article is frightening. We ask for Your guidance, as we prepare and respond to this growing crisis. Father God, we desire to do only Your will,individually and as a nation. May we be drawn close to You and learn to abide there, in Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God." (Psalm 9:17 NKJV)
4. 'JV' terrorists? Obama under fire for having 'underestimated' militant threat in Iraq, Syria - Fox News
President Obama's decision to launch airstrikes in Iraq, while backed by senior Hill leaders, has only underscored for his critics the consequences of waiting as long as he did to counter the growing threat of militants with the Islamic State - a group he once dismissed as a "JV team."
Now, the commander-in-chief is being pressed by Republicans and some hawkish Democrats to commit to battling the organization, whose territory stretches from Iraq to Syria, long-term and overhaul what until last week was a wait-and-see approach. (Read more)
- Once again, it seems that the commander-in-chief has misread his cues, with disastrous results to follow. We cry out to God for mercy, asking repentance for our role in the developing "ISIS crisis." Through the Blood of the Lamb, nothing is too difficult to heal. We apply the Blood of the Lamb now over the "ISIS Crisis," and we thrust the Cross of Christ in the midst of this engine of destruction, declaring it "null and void" in Jesus' name, amen.
- "And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it." (Col. 2:15)
5. Obama: Pulling All U.S. Troops Out of Iraq Was Not 'My Decision' - CNSNews.com
When he was running for re-election in 2012, President Barack Obama repeatedly took credit for ending the war in Iraq and bringing all U.S. troops home from that country. At the White House on Saturday, however, when talking about his decision to use military force against the al-Qaida-related ISIS terrorist group in Iraq, Obama said removing all U.S. troops from Iraq was not "my decision."
"You know I say what I mean and I mean what I say," Obama said in Hollywood, Florida on Nov. 4, 2012. "I said I'd end the war in Iraq. I ended it." (Read more)
- Oh dear . . . here we go again. Of course the president gave the order to pull the troops out, and of course the results on the ground for the Iraqi people have been disastrous. The vacuum left behind in Iraq has allowed the most evil force known to man to take over.
We quote from Jane Hansen Hoyt's call to prayer over the weekend: "Should Jesus tarry - and If this ISIS tide is not stemmed - a new darkness with settle upon the earth for hundreds of years." We ask our Lord to forgive our "king" for his deceitful ways, and we cry out now for a miracle of divine intervention for the protection of the people of Iraq. In His Name, amen.
- "You shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another." (Lev. 19:11)
6. Obama poised for executive action on immigration, other issues during recess - Fox News
With Congress on August recess after failing to agree on a plan to help fix the country's pressing immigration problems, President Obama is poised to take matters in his own hands with executive actions.
Whether the president will act without Congress on immigration and other pressing issues has as emerged as a thorny political question. Critics argue he is intent on violating the Constitution to achieve his political agenda, while supporters say he is being forced into action because of the Capitol Hill dysfunction.
Speculation that Obama will act during August recess is not unfounded. He has issued at least eight significant executive actions during August recess in the past four years -- including two in August 2013 on gun control. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we come before You asking for You to raise up Your right hand, confronting the president over how he is violating the oath he took to support our nation's Constitution. This founding document clearly states that it is the job of Congress to originate laws. These issues are so massive and serious that they need the input of many people, not just one man attempting to rush through his own response. Have mercy, Father, and awaken him to who You are and to his need for You to be in his life. We pray in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding." (Proverbs 3:13 NKJV)
7. Supremes refuse to listen to Kagan arguments - WND
Decline, again, to hear challenge to impartiality on Obamacare
Members of the U.S. Supreme Court have affirmed they are not willing to listen to arguments over Justice Elena Kagan's impartiality on the issue of Obamacare, a case that's to be before the court in a few weeks. Kagan was solicitor general in the Obama White House when Obamacare was developed, and emails released from that time reveal she was rooting for its passage.
There are concerns she participated in strategy sessions to defend the law before Obama gave her a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court bench, where she now has great influence in a decision about the fate of the plan to nationalize health-care decision-making. (Read more)
> > > See also this quote from Larry Klayman, Founder of Freedom Watch:
"Regrettably, this decision comes as no surprise," the announcement from Freedom Watch said. "Chief Justice Roberts recently commented in the Supreme Court's annual report that its justices do not have to adhere to the rules of judicial ethics that apply to other federal judges, essentially stating that they are above the law. . . It is Freedom Watch's hope that the Supreme Court will sober up and realize that the integrity of the court must be beyond reproach.
- Lord God Almighty in Heaven, not only do we see a president who seems to think he is above the law, we also see that the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court now shares the same opinion. Abba Father, You are the source of all law. We bring these matters before the courts of heaven, and we decree with You, by Your shed Blood, these decrees to be null and void, in Jesus' Name, amen and amen.
- "He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws." (Daniel 7:25)
8. Border Patrol Agent: 'These People Are Coming Here to Do Horrible Things' - Breitbart
Border Patrol agent and vice president of the National Border Patrol Council, Shawn Moran, debunked the argument that illegal immigrants are only coming to the United States to work on Friday's "America's Newsroom" on the Fox News Channel. "These are not people just coming here to work as the so-called line is fed to us. These people are coming here to do horrible things. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we as a nation need to hear clearly this man's warning about these border issues. We need to be in constant prayer and fasting, seeking what You, Father, would have us do. We pray in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV)
9. Hawaii's Big Island struggles after tropical storm - Fox News
Lamkin knows life in the isolated, jungle-like Puna region, where unpaved roads of volcanic rock are not maintained by the county, means being prepared for the worst. The region, home to about 40,000 people, has spent a day and a half without electricity as Hurricane Julio lingered hundreds of miles off the coast "Those that didn't prepare are going to be in dire straits," he said. "We invested in a generator years ago, but this is the first time we've had to use it at a full-time capacity. We always have our shelves stocked with food and water."
The National Weather Service on Saturday night downgraded Hurricane Julio to a Category 1, the lowest level. Julio's winds have weakened to about 90 mph, said Sam Houston, a forecaster with the weather service in Honolulu. Julio was expected to pass roughly 250 miles northeast of Maui Sunday and linger through the night, the weather service said. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we thank You that these storms were not as dire as they might have been. However we ask mercy for those who have had power losses or fallen trees or flooding or were not prepared. We ask that they feel Your presence and be drawn to You, whether for strength and renewal or for the first time. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." (Psalm 9:9 -10 NKJV)
10. Russians warned not to use humanitarian crisis as 'pretext' to invade Ukraine - Telegraph UK
The United States warned Russia on Friday that any further intervention in Ukraine, including under the pretense of delivering humanitarian aid, would be viewed as "an invasion of Ukraine."
U.S. Ambassador Samantha Power delivered the warning at a Security Council meeting focusing on the human rights situation in Ukraine's east, where government forces are fighting pro-Russian separatists. Recent reports by the West and the Kiev government have accused Moscow of dispatching what NATO estimates is 20,000 troops to the border. Power said Russia has not only increased aid to the separatists but has amassed "more and more" troops and hardware near the border, began extensive military exercises this week and launched shells across the border into Ukraine.
She noted that Russia has proposed creating "humanitarian corridors" to deliver aid to the separatists. "The humanitarian situation needs addressing, but not by those who have caused it," she said. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we agree that humanitarian assistance must be given, but we are concerned that the exchange of blame will hinder this from occurring. We ask You to be in the midst of what is happening in Ukraine and to invoke quickly some humanitarian response to the needs there. We thank You for hearing our prayer, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "The Lord has heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer. Let all my enemies be ashamed and greatly troubled; let them turn back and be ashamed suddenly." (Psalm 6:9-10 NKJV)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
OPERATION PROTECTIVE EDGE
"For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways." (Psalm 91:11)
1. Bullets of Intercession: August 9, 2014 - CHPP
Today's edition of the Bullets are posted here.
2. Operation Protective Edge Daily Update: August 11, 2014 - AIPAC
To read today's summary of headline news about Operation Protective Edge from AIPAC, please go here.
3. 72-Hour Truce Goes Into Effect - Worthy News
As a 72 hour truce went into effect at midnight, Israel sent a delegation to Egypt to negotiate a ceasefire with Hamas. Over the weekend, Hamas claimed it still had tunnels going into Israel. In order to conceal its extensive tunnel system, Hamas has killed dozens of diggers fearing they would reveal site locations to Israel. (Read more)
4. Hamas: We've Got More Tunnels Into Israel - Algeminer
A Hamas official on Thursday bragged that the terrorist group has more, hidden, tunnels dug from Gaza beneath Israel, beyond the 32 the IDF destroyed during Operation Protective Edge. (Read more)
5. Hamas members expose tunnel digging operations - Ynet News
An indictment served Sunday to the Be'er Sheva District Court against three Hamas activists described in detail how the organization's tunnel digging unit prepared the ground for the group's terror operations. (Read more)
6. Fear, fatalism or support: Why isn't Gaza revolting against Hamas? - Times of Israel
Israel may wish that Gaza's dire situation would push residents of the Strip to rise up against their Hamas rulers, but more than a month into Operation Protective Edge, there are very few indications of that happening. (Read more)
7. Hamas Riddles Former Spokesman With Bullet Holes, Dumps Body at Hospital, Then Blames Israel for Death - Algeminer
Former Hamas spokesman Ayman Taha was executed by firing squad on Tuesday with bullet holes to his head and chest, his body dumped in front of Gaza's Shifa Hospital, where it laid untouched for an hour, before gunmen returned to remove it from the scene, the Al-Quds daily reported in Arabic late Thursday citing unnamed sources. (Read more)
8. Israeli and Palestinian negotiators begin Gaza cease-fire talks in Cairo - Jerusalem Post
Israel and the Palestinians began talks in Cairo on Monday in hopes of reaching a long-range truce to end hostilities in Gaza, Egypt's state news agency MENA said.
The indirect talks are being mediated by Egypt and began a day after the two sides agreed to begin a new 72-hour cease-fire.
Shortly after Egyptian media announced on Sunday evening that a cease-fire had been accepted by both sides, Israeli officials stated that Israel had accepted a truce but would only send a delegation to Cairo on Monday if Hamas kept the peace overnight. There have been no rockets fired at Israel from Gaza since the truce went into effect at midnight.(Read more)
9.CAIR's Identity Crisis: Defending Civil Rights or the Palestinian (Hamas) Struggle? - IPT News
During the 1990s, the Muslim Brotherhood created a support network in the United States to help Hamas politically and financially. It was called the Palestine Committee. According to documents seized by the FBI by some of the committee's members, that committee included some prominent Muslim American political activists, and the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) - perhaps the most influential Muslim American political group.
As the war between Israel and Hamas raged in Gaza during the past month, legacy members of the Palestine Committee - the Hamas support network - found themselves back in the fight for public hearts and minds, as this Investigative Project on Terrorism special report shows. (Read more)
10. Tony Perkins to Travel to Israel on 'Christians in Solidarity with Israel' Trip - FRC
Family Research Council President Tony Perkins will travel to Israel August 17-22 as a part of the "Christians in Solidarity with Israel" trip, hosted by the National Religious Broadcasters (NRB).
Perkins made the following comments about his upcoming trip:
"This trip will emphasize American Christians' steadfast support for Israel. It will also underscore our need to continue to pray for and work for the peace of Jerusalem so that all the people of that region, Jewish and Palestinian, can live without fear.
"For a large number of Christians, there are two primary reasons to support Israel. We have the Jewish people to thank for our faith and we are instructed in Scripture not only to pray for the peace of Jerusalem, but are told that those who bless Israel will be blessed.
"Secondly, it is in the national security interest of the United States to support Israel. To abridge our commitment to the State of Israel would be an act of hostility not just to the Jewish state but would do damage t to our own vital interests.
"Since its miraculous rebirth 66 years ago, Israel has been a close friend and ally of the United States. America's commitment to Israel's security is and must remain sacrosanct - especially now as it defends itself from terrorism," concluded Perkins.
- Please pray for the safety of this delegation as they make their way to Israel this week. Praise God for this strong stand on behalf of the Christian community for the nation of Israel, even as they are engaged in Operation Protective Edge. Amen.
- "For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways." (Psalm 91:11)
11. Hudna Again? - For Zion's Sake Ministries
To read this week's newsletter from Zion's Sake Ministries, please go here.
"Flash forth lightning and scatter them; Send out Your arrows
and confuse them." (Psalm 144:6)
1. Boehner, Sen. Levin Support Obama's Declared Airstrikes in Iraq - CNSNews.com
The president's authorization of airstrikes is appropriate," House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said on Friday.
Democratic Sen. Carl Levin, chairman of the Armed Services Committee, agreed: "There are a number of justifications for these actions, but the reasons he cited are surely sufficient," Levin said of Obama's Thursday night announcement that he has ordered military action to protect Americans in Erbil, Iraq.
"When the lives of American citizens are at risk, we will take action," Obama said in his speech to the nation Thursday night. "That's my responsibility as commander in chief." (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You that Congress stands united in support of these air strikes. We thank You, too, that we are now intervening with military action, not only to safeguard the lives of American citizens in Iraq, but also to bring humanitarian relief to the Yazdanis and others who would otherwise perish at the hands of these savages. Thank You, Lord, amen.
- "There is . . . a time for war . . ." (Ecclesiastes 3:8)
2. ISIS Leader to USA: 'Soon We Will be in Direct Confrontation' - CNSNews.com
Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), issued a rare audio message back on January 21 in which he flatly stated his group's intention to march on Baghdad and move into "direct confrontation" with the United States.
"Our last message is to the Americans. Soon we will be in direct confrontation, and the sons of Islam have prepared for such a day," Baghdadi said. "So watch, for we are with you, watching."
When the House Foreign Affairs Committee held a hearing on February 5 on al Qaida's resurgence in Iraq, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Iran and Iraq Brett McGurk presented written testimony explaining the agenda of ISIS (also known as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, or ISIL), and discussed Baghdadi's audio message to Americans.
ISIL, McGurk said, focuses on "an aim to carve out an Islamic caliphate stretching from Baghdad to Lebanon."
"ISIL has also made its intentions clear: move from a new base of operations in Fallujah to Baghdad--a distance of under 30 miles," McGurk said in his written testimony. "Its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, had this to say in a rare audio statement issued on January 21: 'As for ISIS in Iraq: Be in the frontlines against the Shia, and march toward Baghdad and the South, keep the Shia busy in their own areas. Know that the entire Sunni population and the brothers in Syria are watching you.'"
McGurk then noted that Baghdadi went on to conclude his audio statement by issuing a direct threat to the United States. Specifically, Baghdadi said: "Our last message is to the Americans. Soon we will be in direct confrontation, and the sons of Islam have prepared for such a day. So watch, for we are with you, watching."
"We take such threats seriously and through cooperation with this committee and the Congress, we intend to help the Iraqis in their efforts to defeat ISIL over long term," McGurk told the committee in his spoken testimony. (Read more)
- Lord God, we repent that our Congress did not listen more seriously to the warnings that were voiced before this House committee in February. We ask for Your grace and Your mercy to be with us now, as we move to contain this clear menace to our national security. We ask this in Your name, amen and amen.
- "Go, set a watchman; let him tell what he sees" (Isaiah 21:6)
> > > A special note to intercessors: Place this name on a piece of paper and pray over it daily, as the Spirit giveth utterance. Amen.
Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi
3. McCain, Graham: 'Time to Reevaluate Our Disastrous Policy in the Middle East' - CNSNews.com
"If ever there were a time to reevaluate our disastrous policy in the Middle East, this is it," Republican Sens. John McCain (Ariz.) and Lindsey Graham (S.C.) said in a statement on Thursday night.
The two senators, both of them advocates of U.S. military intervention in various global hot spots, commented Thursday night after President Obama told the nation he has authorized air strikes, under certain conditions, on the ISIS/ISIL terrorists advancing in Iraq.
"Because of the President's hands-off approach, the threats in the region have grown and now directly threaten the United States," McCain and Graham said. "We are already paying a very heavy price for our inaction, and if we do not change course, the costs of our inaction will only grow."(Read more)
4. US sending arms to Kurds in Iraq - CNSNews.com
The Obama administration has begun directly providing weapons to Kurdish forces who have started to make gains against Islamic militants in northern Iraq, senior U.S. officials said Monday, but the aid has so far been limited to automatic rifles and ammunition. (Read more)
- We thank God for this answer to prayer!!
- "The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
- "The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
URGENT STATEMENT OF THE CHALDEAN PATRIARCH:
On Alarming Situation of 130,000 Refugees and Other Grave Matters
There are seventy thousand displaced Christians in Ankawa [Erbil] along with the other minorities in this city that has a population of more than twenty-five thousand Christians. The families who found shelter inside the churches or schools are in a rather good condition while those who are still sleeping in the streets and public parks are in a deplorable situation.
In Dohuk, the number of Christian refugees' amount to more than 60.000 and their situation is worse than those in Erbil. There are also families who found shelters in Kirkuk and Sulaymaniyah, as well as some have arrived as far as in the capital city of Baghdad.
While the humanitarian needs are escalating: housing, food, water, medicine and funds, the lack of international coordination is slowing and limiting the realization of an effective assistance to these thousands awaiting immediate support. The Churches are offering everything within their capacity.
To summarize the situation of the Christian villages around Mosul up to the borders of Kurdistan Region: the churches are deserted and desecrated; five bishops are out of their bishoprics, the priests and nuns left their missions and institutions leaving everything behind, the families have fled with their children abandoning everything else! The level of disaster is extreme. (Read entire statement here.)
- Thank You, God, that the nations are finally beginning to sit up and take notice of this dire situation. We ask that the world's leaders would take note of these words and act quickly to coordinate humanitarian relief efforts for these people . . . preventing further genocide in this part of the world. In Your Name, we ask this prayer, amen.
- "Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world." (James 1:27)
6. Iraq's Al-Abadi Asked to Form Government to Replace Maliki - Bloomberg
Iraq's President Fouad Masoum asked Haidar al-Abadi to try to form a new cabinet in a bid to end the political deadlock that has hobbled the country's efforts to roll back an Islamist insurgency.
The Shiite National Alliance approached Abadi to replace embattled Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, Iraqiya television said, citing a statement from the bloc's chief, Ibrahim al-Jaafari. Earlier, Maliki said he would challenge Masoum in court and then deployed troops overnight on the streets of Baghdad.
Masoum tapped Abadi hours after U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry pulled support from Maliki, warning him not to hinder the political process while the country is under threat from the Islamic State's advances across the north. U.S. President Barack Obama has tied expanded U.S. military strikes against the al-Qaeda breakaway group to formation of a more inclusive government that didn't marginalize Sunnis and other minorities.
"We stand absolutely, squarely behind President" Masoum, Kerry told reporters in Sydney. "He has the responsibility for upholding the constitution of Iraq, he is the elected president. At this moment Iraq has clearly made a statement that they are looking for change."(Read more)
Tracking the Virus
Tracking the Virus
" . . . if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover." (Mark 16:18b,c)
1. U.S. hospitals not ready for Ebola outbreak
Doctor: 'I'm tired of gov't glibly downplaying something as important as this'
If Ebola started spreading inside the United States, the responsibility for quarantining Americans who fell ill with the deadly virus would fall to local hospitals, and many health professionals question whether the facilities would be up to the task.
A senior press officer at the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta confirmed to WND Friday that the CDC's 20 quarantine stations located at ports of entry and border areas are not designed to house domestic patients.
"Those are for people entering the states and for travelers," said Benjamin Haynes, spokesman for the CDC's Infectious Disease Team.
He said the 20 stations "were strictly designed to stop the spread of diseases through travel and ports of entry. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, it is already known that many hospitals are not handling the current crisis of a number of diseases which are being spread to patients within them, so we can understand how they are not ready in any constructive way to handle the threat of this kind of pandemic. Have mercy, Father, and rise up to confront and direct what needs to be done. We pray in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. When wisdom enters your heart, and knowledge is pleasant to your soul, discretion will preserve you; understanding will keep you, to deliver you from the way of evil, from the man who speaks perverse things." (Proverbs 2:6, 10-12 NKJV)
2. Liberia: Ebola a plague from God due to sin - WND
'Seek forgiveness over the corruption and immoral acts such as homosexualism'
As health officials worldwide spend hundreds of millions of dollars to bring under control an Ebola outbreak in several West African nations where nearly 1,000 people have died, local religious leaders are turning to God.
A report in the Liberian Observer in Monrovia says leaders in the Liberian capital met to talk about the threat and decided that three days of prayer and fasting should be observed in conjunction with seeking God's forgiveness for "immoral acts" such as "homosexualism."
The report said more than 100 ministers, including bishops, pastors and prophets from a wide range of church denominations, discussed the Ebola crisis at a meeting convened by Archbishop Jonathan B.B. Hart, president of the Liberia Council of Churches.
They agreed that:
1. God is angry with Liberia and that Ebola is a plague. "Liberians have to pray and seek God's forgiveness over the corruption and immoral acts (such as homosexualism, etc.) that continue to penetrate our society. As Christians, we must repent and seek God's forgiveness."
2. Three days of fasting and prayer be observed across the nation, concluding Friday.
3. An interdenominational committee be constituted to present a resolution to government. (Read more)
3. Military, police deployed to contain Ebola in Three African Nations - WND
In a five-hour emergency meeting in Guinea with World Health Organization Director General Margaret Chan, the heads of state of Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia agreed to use military forces and police to isolate the region responsible for more than 70 percent of the growing Ebola epidemic.
"We have agreed to take important and extraordinary actions at the inter-country level to focus on cross-border regions that have more than 70 percent of the epidemic," said the three-nation communiqué from the Friday meeting.
"These areas will be isolated by police and the military. The people in these zones being isolated will be provided with material support. The health care services in these zones will be strengthened for treatment, testing and contact tracing to be done effectively. Burials will be done in accordance with national health care regulations." (Read more)
4. CDC chief: U.S. in 'perfect storm health emergency' - WND
The head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention told Congress Thursday the current Ebola outbreak is the largest of the disease ever, developing into an international crisis that "has now come to the United States."
It is inevitable someone will fly from West Africa to the United States with Ebola symptoms," CDC Director Thomas Frieden acknowledged in a rare congressional hearing held during the August recess. He affirmed a repeated concern of the United Nations' World Health Organization that the virus has up to a 21-day incubation period, meaning an infected person could get on an airplane in West Africa before symptoms appear and the person becomes contagious. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that, even though Congress is in recess, this Committee reconvened here in Washington last week to study the imminent threat that this virus now poses to our nation. We ask that Congress approve whatever funding and resources are deemed necessary to fight this plague (pestilence) on our shores as soon as possible. We ask this in Your Name, amen.
- "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Phil. 4:19)
5. Rep. Wolf on Ebola Crisis: 'This Should Be . . . Top Priority for the White House' - CNSNews.com
Rep. Frank Wolf (R-Va.) said the Ebola outbreak in West Africa should be a "top priority" for the Obama administration. "This should be a . . . very top priority of the White House - the political leadership of the nation," Wolf told a House Foreign Affairs subcommittee at an emergency hearing on Thursday.
Wolf said that when news of the outbreak spread, he contacted the White House, the State Department, Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control. "I was concerned no one could tell me who was in charge within the administration on this issue," Wolf said. "No one could explain what action would be taken to ensure the U.S. was prepared to respond." (Read more)
- Lord God, again we thank You that this committee met last week and we ask for quick action on the part of the executive branch to safeguard the lives of our citizens from this dreaded pestilence. In Your Name, amen.
[Webster's definition of "pestilence" is "any virulent or fatal, contagious or infectious disease, esp. one of epidemic proportions, as bubonic plague." Please refer to 2 Samuel 24 to learn more about pestilence: why it comes, and how (through acts of repentance) it is stopped.]
-"When the angel stretched out his hand toward Jerusalem to destroy it, the Lord relented from the calamity and said to the angel who destroyed the people, "It is enough! Now relax your hand!" (2 Samuel 24:16)
The Daily Jot
White House foreign policy: steal, kill, destroy
Beginning with his Cairo, Egypt "New Beginnings" inaugural foreign policy speech in June 2009, the occupant of the Oval Office anointed the Muslim Brotherhood (MB) as his new partner in the Islamic world. Americans didn't know it yet, but the terrorist group whose mission is to establish a worldwide Islamic Caliphate and unite all Islamic sects under it, would be the major venue the White House would use to embrace the Islamic world. The "president" supported the revolution of Arab Spring through the facilitation of the MB and its military off shoots--which included al Qaeda, the Taliban, Hamas, and other notables. The gemstone of his foreign policy was Egypt, where the MB rose to political power.
The White House-instigated Arab Spring swept across Northern Africa and the Middle East either toppling governments or causing civil unrest in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Yemen, Bahrain, Syria, Algeria, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Morocco, Sudan, Mauritania, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Western Sahara and in the Palestinian Authority. The "president" got in trouble with Congress for using American military and taxpayer money to assist al Qaeda affiliates (who had many soldiers that fought in Iraq against US men and women) in toppling the Libyan government. In addition, the "president" released the current leader of the Islamic State in Syria and the Levant (ISSL), and had many of his lieutenants trained in US military tactics.
The disaster of this foreign policy is seen today as the entire Middle East is in upheaval. ISSL has used violence and barbarism to control a large territory from Syria through Iraq. These terrorists, who were allowed to organize and prosper under the watchful eye of this US "president," are now systematically torturing, killing and eradicating any religious people who doesn't convert to Islam. The dwindling Christian population in Iraq is being exterminated as reports surface of children being beheaded and their heads stuck on posts along the trail that ISSL passes to the next town. This foreign policy of the US "president" has caused massive unrest, suffering, and untold consequences that solidify and advance America's and Israel's traditional enemies.
On Saturday, August 9, the White House received a major international blow as Egypt's administrative court took a final, unappealable decision to dissolve and liquidate the MB's political party, the Freedom and Justice Party. The White House supported and helped establish this party by forcing "democratic" elections that were obviously rigged for the MB to take over Egypt. Now the MB is once again banned in Egypt, its political party dissolved, and many of its members are in prison with death sentences for murder and inciting violence. One charge faced by the MB's deposed president of Egypt, Mohammed Morsi, is conspiring with foreign groups to destabilize Egypt. One of those groups is likely the White House.
The Lord says in John 10:10, "The thief comes not, but to steal, and to kill, and to destroy." The thief in the White House has created such havoc in the Middle East. He is also creating it here in this country by allowing the gangs, the Islamists, the diseased and other malfeasants open season on crossing our borders with impunity. This is what happens to a nation that turns its back on the Lord and allows the godless to lead. Isn't it time to turn back to the Lord, and do what we can do to realize the second part of John 10:10--that we might have life, and have it more abundantly? In satan, there is death and destruction as we have seen in the Middle East and may yet see in America. In the Lord, there is life abundantly.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
In God We Trust
In God We Trust
On July 30, 1956, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed the law that made "In God We Trust" the official motto of the United States of America. It also mandated that the phrase be printed on all U.S. currency, including paper. And in November 2011, the House passed H. Con. Res 13, a bipartisan bill that reaffirmed "In God We Trust" as our nation's official motto. This spring, Rep. Randy Forbes (R-VA) presented Speaker Boehner with a plaque to hang in his office in the Capitol. It's a proud reminder of this important phrase that originated more than 150 years ago. Originally approved by Congress in 1864, the phrase comes from the Proverbs 3:5, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart." On this important anniversary, the Speaker said: "I'm proud to commemorate and reaffirm the appropriateness of our national motto and I'm proud to have this plaque hanging in my office. 'In God We Trust' speaks to all of our citizens, and it's not just a source of pride for us, it is a beacon of hope for the world." (Office of Speaker Boehner) Read more here.
Update: Hobby Lobby
North Carolina Court Considering Impact of Hobby Lobby Decision
on Washington Pharmacy Case
A federal appeals court in California is considering the impact of the Hobby Lobby decision on a separate case involving religious pharmacists in Washington state.
According to reports, in 2006, Ralph's Thriftway owner, Kevin Stormans, received a call inquiring whether the location sold the morning-after pill. . . . The following year, the state passed regulations requiring that pharmacies stock and dispense the morning-after pill, and ADF filed suit on behalf of Stormans and two of his pharmacists, Rhonda Mesler and Margo Thelen, who objected to the requirement because of their Christian faith. Later that year, a federal court ruled in favor of Ralph's Thriftway, stating that the new regulations "appear to intentionally place a significant burden on the free exercise of religion for those who believe life begins at conception."
. Following the [Hobby Lobby] ruling, the 9th Circuit requested that briefs be filed outlining how the Hobby Lobby ruling impacts the Ralph's Thriftway case. This past week, ADF submitted its argument to the court. . . . "No one should be forced to choose between their deepest religious convictions and their profession," added ADF Senior Counsel Kristen Waggoner in a press release announcing the submission to the court. "Washington's law is an extreme outlier. Many of the most respected medical and pharmaceutical associations, including the American Pharmacists Association, support the right of a provider to refer patients. The state allows providers to refer for nearly every other reason except conscience."
(Source: Christian News) Read more here.
The Current State of Affairs
ISRAEL, NEW WORLD ORDER, THE RISE OF ISIS AND THE FOURTH REICH
A Commentary by Paul McGuire
This is an excerpt of a critical analysis of where we are now in world affairs. Below please find several paragraphs at the end of this article . . . to read this commentary in its entirety, go here.
. . . According to Pike, World War II would be launched by taking advantage of the differences between the Fascists and the political Zionists. Adolph Hitler established an occult and genetic dictatorship where over seven million people died in concentration camps. As Hitler pushed for his "New World Order" over 60 million people died in World War II. However, before the collapse of the Third Reich, Hitler was already planning for the rise of the Fourth Reich with the cooperation of the same international banking interests who were behind World War II.
Allegedly inspired by a vision, Albert Pike outlined his plans for World War III which would center around a fight between political Zionists and the Islamic World. The goal is to create an apocalyptic war of such magnitude that over a billion people on planet Earth will die and the mass disillusionment will drive mankind to reject Christianity and openly worship Lucifer.
. . . However, as the world is now on the verge of World War III, these occult forces embodied in the Neo Nazi fighting groups of Golden Dawn and OTO are preparing for a second attempt at a Final Solution towards Israel in the Middle East. The vision of Albert Pike is not yet finished. Neither is the secret plan for America symbolized on the back of the U.S. dollar with the Illuminati pyramid, the all-seeing eye of Lucifer and the words "New World Order," translated from Latin on the base of the pyramid. On the right side of the dollar we see the bird called the Phoenix, which comes from ancient Phoenicia, where over 200 fallen angels or interdimensional beings descended on Mount Hermon before the Flood of Noah to impregnate human women and impart highly advanced technology to the Human Race.
In the mid-1600s Sir Francis Bacon planned for America to be the head of the New World Order and the New Atlantis. In Revelation 17 & 18 we read about commercial and spiritual Babylon. The original Babylon built by Nimrod was a technological Stargate, a portal into another dimension. Babylon was the world's first one world government, one world religion, and one world economic system. The name "Babylon" means "gate of the gods" or "gate of God." It appeared after the DNA-digital-holographic Flood of Noah.
All of the world's secret occult mystery religions flowed from ancient Babylon. Babylon was built by Nimrod, supposedly a Nephilim or Rephaim. Nimrod was murdered by his wife, a harlot named Semiramis, who dismembered Nimrod and told the people that he had become the sun god Ra, whose name later became Osiris, Zeus, Prometheus, etc. Semiramis had an affair during the time she killed Nimrod and claimed that she became supernaturally impregnated by a Phallic-like object. Thus, the Mystery Babylon religions with their phallic symbols and wombs are scattered throughout history; the Washington Monument is a phallic symbol and the capitol dome symbolizes a womb. It is also interesting that the latest Middle Eastern terrorist group is called ISIS . . . another name for the goddess.
In ancient Egypt whenever Israel departed from the worship of the Biblical God and worshipped the Queen of Heaven the Jews experienced judgment. Now many in the West have forsaken God, and it is our turn to be judged . . . the world is headed for a major catastrophic event. I detail this event in my book A Prophecy of the Future of America.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Little Girl Swept Away in Indonesia's Massive Tsunami
10 years Ago; Now Reunited with Her Family
"This is a miracle from God."
They say the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami was the deadliest "since the Renaissance Age," as it took over 275,000 lives on that December day after Christmas.
Raudhatul Jannah was only 4 back then, living with her family in Meulaboh, Aceh, Indonesia. When the giant waves engulfed the area, they also swept away little Raudhatul and her 7-year-old brother, Arif Pratama, from the arms of their father. However, now, nearly 10 years after that horrific day, Raudhatul has been reunited with her family.
It seems the water had swept her onto the remote Banyak Island, and a fisherman rescued her, bringing her to the mainland. His mother cared for her for the next 10 years, calling her by the name of Wenni.
But in June, this year, Raudhatul's uncle saw the girl, and thinking she resembled his lost niece, he inquired and found out she'd been found on Banyak Island following the tsunami. "My husband and I are very happy we have found her. This is a miracle from God," Raudhatul's mother, Jamaliah, told DPA. The family now believes Raudhatul's brother is also alive, and is planning to search for him on the same island from which his sister was rescued. (Breaking Christian News and Washington Post)
Read more here.
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders
The full Moon of August 10th was as much as 14% bigger and 30% brighter than other full Moons of the year. Some say that makes it a supermoon. Others retort that it's really not as super as the media has made it out to be. Who's correct? Vesa Vauhkonen of Rautalampi, Finland, took a stab at settling the question with this side-by-side comparison.
"I compared the normal full Moon of March 2014 with the Supermoon of Aug 2014," says Vauhkonen. "In individual images, the difference in size might be difficult to see, but putting them side by side makes the difference clear. I used the same photo settings for both images, so the scaling has no errors."
Supermoons are possible because the Moon's orbit is not a circle, it is an ellipse. One side, perigee, is 50,000 km closer than the other, apogee. On August 10th the Moon became full just as it reached perigee, the point closest to Earth. This caused the Moon to appear authentically bigger and brighter than usual.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Relaxing Hymns On Piano
- A Whole Hour of Spiritual Music
This is just beautiful worship piano music without all the annoying commercials . . .
Today's Birthdays on the Hill
Almost every day of the year, a member of Congress or a Senator is celebrating a birthday. Let's lift up these men and women, day by day in prayer on their special day, that God might bless them and show them His love for each one. Indeed, let's move together in obedience to the Lord's mandate in I Timothy 2:1-4. It is written:
"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."
Today's Birthday Greetings go to:
Rep. Dan Kildee (MI)
Rep. Billy Long (MO)
(Source: Bible Pathways Ministries. www.biblepathway.org)