In Israel: Rabbis Call for Day of
Prayer and Fasting Over Gaza
IFA Launches: "Get Out the Prayer"
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:1)
The Daily Brief
1. Obama may bypass Congress on Syria airstrikes - Washington Times
The White House said Monday that President Obama won't necessarily seek congressional approval for airstrikes in Syria against militants of the Islamic State, while Syria warned the U.S. it would consider any unilateral attack an act of "aggression," the Washington Times reported. (Read more)
- Father, we continue to pray that Congress will be included in all decisions - and not be bypassed - which has become the norm in this administration.
- Without wise leadership, a nation falls; there is safety in having many advisers. (Proverbs 11:14)
2. Lawmakers demand vote on expanded US military action in Iraq, Syria - Fox News
Influential lawmakers from both sides of the aisle are pushing the Obama administration to seek an up-or-down vote in Congress on military action against ISIS militants, cautioning that the president's authority to expand the current campaign is limited. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You that, in our Constitution, there are three branches of government, each one wisely designed to bring a "check and balance system" to governing. We ask for Your divine intervention now in this critical decision regarding beginning surveillance and/or airstrikes over Syria, in an attempt to dismantle ISIS. We ask that Obama heed the concerns of Congress so that, should airstrikes be approved, this policy would have the full weight and approval of the American government behind it. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
- "For the Lord is our judge, The Lord is our lawgiver, The Lord is our king; He will save us." (Isaiah 33:22)
3. General Scales: US has 'intelligence black hole' on ISIS in Syria - Fox News
The U.S. starting surveillance flights over Syria is the "opening round" in the military laying out a plan to strike the terrorist group Islamic State -- also known as ISIS, according to a former Army general.
Fox News Military Analyst and Retired Major General Robert Scales told FoxNews.com that U.S. reconnaissance will help to close a "huge intelligence black hole" over ISIS.
"There is this huge intelligence black hole over ISIS. When ISIS swept over eastern Syria and Northern Iraq they literally swept away any means to look down and had a terrible effect on us to see the battlefield," said Scales. "We need to re-establish that intelligence network of human beings and signals intelligence such that we know what's going on." (Read more)
- Lord God Almighty, we come to You as the Omniscient One, and we thank You that You know what is hidden in the "black hole" of ISIS. We ask You, Abba, to help those who are now charged with these surveillance activities to reap the most accurate results possible, as we begin to engage in the battle against this wicked world of evil called ISIS. Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayer, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "So do not be afraid of them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known." (Matthew 10:26)
4. Obama Sent No Representative to Memorial Mass for Beheaded Journalist James Foley - CNSNews.com
President Barack Obama sent no White House representative to the memorial Mass held yesterday in Rochester, New Hampshire, for James Foley, the American journalist beheaded by the Islamic State in Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) terrorists.
President Obama, however, did send three White House aides to Monday's funeral for Michael Brown, an 18-year-old African American fatally shot in an encounter with a white police officer in Ferguson, Mo.
The memorial mass for James Foley took place Sunday at Our Lady of the Holy Rosary in Foley's hometown. Connie Hammond, an administrative assistant at Holy Rosary, told CNSNews.com that no White House officials were in attendance. "There was nobody that represented the White House," Hammond said, adding that all of the dignitaries in attendance called ahead except for one and that all of them sat together.
Tom Bebbington, director of communications for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Manchester, told CNSNews.com that the officials in attendance at the Mass included New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan (D.), Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R.-N.H.) and Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D.-N.H), and Rep. Ann Kuster (D.-N.H.). (Read more)
- Lord God, we find no excuse for this callous nonaction on the part of this administration. It seems that playing golf is more important than attending the funeral of an American citizen who was brutally murdered last week at the hands of ISIS. We stand in the gap before You, and we ask that Your mercy would yet be extended upon our nation, for the vast majority of us cringe at this report. We ask in Jesus' name, amen.
- "He saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no one to intercede; then his own arm brought him salvation, and his righteousness upheld him." (Isaiah 59:16)
5. Judge Rejects White House Secrecy on Fannie May, Freddie Mac
A federal judge has issued a stinging rebuke to the Obama administration's recent attempt to shield documents from disclosure in a case that could yield important clues about the Treasury Department's relationship with mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Father God, we have to be concerned with policies and transactions that are carried out in secret so much so that a judge has to order disclosure. We ask that You, in Your omnipotent way, would cause those things to be revealed that need the light of exposure to public scrutiny, especially in the this administration. We ask You to realign those things in our government that are dishonest and displeasing to You. We ask in the strong name of Jesus.
- "For who has despised the day of small things? For these seven rejoice to see The plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel. They are the eyes of the Lord, Which scan to and fro thoughout the whole earth." (Zechariah 4:10)
6. Food stamp fraud rampant: GAO report - Fox News
Americans receiving food stamps were caught selling and bartering their benefits online for art, housing and cash, according to a new federal report that investigates fraud in the nation's largest nutrition support program.
Complicating the situation is the fact states around the country are having trouble tracking and prosecuting the crimes because their enforcement budgets have been slashed despite the rapidly-rising number of food stamp recipients, according to the Government Accountability Office report.
Under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, 47 million people have been awarded $76 billion in benefits. State agencies are responsible for addressing SNAP recipient fraud under the guidance and monitoring of the Food and Nutrition Service.
"Such rapid program growth can increase the potential for fraud unless appropriate agency controls are in place to help minimize these risks," the investigators said in their report.
The GAO report resulted from a review of 11 state and federal efforts to fight food stamp fraud, effectiveness of certain fraud detection tools and how FNS oversees state anti-fraud efforts. Read more:
- Heavenly Father, we know there is hunger in the US, and that many families lacking jobs, or earning very little from their current jobs, are struggling to feed themselves and their families. However, the blatant fraud of 'auctioning off' their food stamps online in exchange for non food items must be stopped. We ask You, Father, to rise up and confront the agencies involved, so that the investigation of the fraud is pursued, and this benefit will be extended only where there is legitimate need. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
-"He who sows iniquity will reap sorrow, and the rod of his anger will fail." (Proverbs 22:8 NKJV)
7. For sale: Systems that can secretly track where cellphone users go around the globe - Washington Post
Makers of surveillance systems are offering governments across the world the ability to track the movements of almost anybody who carries a cellphone, whether they are blocks away or on another continent.
The technology works by exploiting an essential fact of all cellular networks: They must keep detailed, up-to-the-minute records on the locations of their customers to deliver calls and other services to them. Surveillance systems are secretly collecting these records to map people's travels over days, weeks or longer, according to company marketing documents and experts in surveillance technology.
The world's most powerful intelligence services, such as the National Security Agency and Britain's GCHQ, long have used cellphone data to track targets around the globe. But experts say these new systems allow less technically advanced governments to track people in any nation - including the United States - with relative ease and precision. (Read more)
- Father, this opens the door for this technology to be greatly misused. Protect our rights as citizens all over the world. We place a hedge of protection over us wherever we go. In Jesus Name.
- You have always put a wall of protection around him and his home and his property. You have made him prosper in everything he does. (Job 1:10)
8. Officials estimate California earthquake caused $1B in damage - Fox News
The earthquake that jarred California's wine capital caused $1 billion in damage, Napa County officials estimated Monday as business owners mopped up high-end vintages that spilled from barrels and bottles and swept away broken glass in the rush to get the tourist hotspot back in shape for the summer's final holiday weekend.
With the dust still settling from Sunday's magnitude-6.0 temblor centered near the city of Napa, government and tourism officials assessing its economic and structural impact encouraged visitors to keep flocking to the charming towns, tasting rooms, restaurants and spas that drive the Napa Valley economy. (Read more)
- Lord God, we continue to praise You in the midst of this shaking, that no lives were lost in Sunday's quake. We ask that, even as the "old wine" was lost in Napa Valley, the hearts of these survivors would be drawn to You to find the New Wine that brings life in our Messiah. Thank You, Father, for hearing our prayer, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit . . ." (Eph. 5:18)
9. California Drought Leaves Homes Without Water - Huffington Post
Hundreds of rural San Joaquin Valley residents no longer can get drinking water from their home faucets because California's extreme drought has dried up their individual wells, government officials and community groups said. The situation has become so dire that the Tulare County Office of Emergency Services had 12-gallon-per person rations of bottled water delivered on Friday in East Porterville, where at least 182 of the 1,400 households have reported having no or not enough water, according to the Porterville Recorder.
Many people in the unincorporated community about 52 miles north of Bakersfield also have been relying on a county-supplied 5,000-gallon water tank filled with non-potable water for bathing and flushing toilets, The Recorder said.
Emergency services manager Andrew Lockman, said the supplies of bottled water distributed by firefighters, the Red Cross and volunteer groups on Friday cost the county $30,000 and were designed to last about three weeks but are only a temporary fix. To get future deliveries, officials are asking low-income residents to apply for aid and for companies to make bottled water donations like the one a local casino made a few weeks ago. Read more:
- Lord Jesus, these communities in California are encountering a terrible 'cost' due to the lack of rain for a number of years in California. Basic needs of drinking water and water for toilets and washing do not exist for an increasing number of people. We ask for mercy, Lord, that some rain may come or that a source for the needed water be found, praying in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
-"But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinks upon me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God." (Psalm 40:17 NKJV)
10. Farmers' Almanac predicts nasty winter: 'shivery and shovelry' - Associated Press
LEWISTON, Maine -- The folks at the Farmers' Almanac can be forgiven for feeling smug: The 198-year-old publication correctly predicted the past nasty winter while federal forecasters in the U.S. blew it.
Memories of the polar vortex and relentless snowstorms won't soon be forgotten. And the editors of the publication are predicting more of the same for the coming season.
"Shivery and shovelry are back. We're calling for some frigid conditions, bitter conditions," said managing editor Sandi Duncan.
The latest edition, which officially goes on sale this week, forecasts colder-than-normal and wetter-than-usual weather for three-quarters of the U.S., east of the Rocky Mountains. Drought-stricken California, along with the Pacific Northwest, will see normal precipitation and cool temperatures this winter, the almanac said.
- Lord, how we see the wisdom of men is brought down to nothing when they do not consult You and they seek to indoctrinate and enslave the world with their controlling ideas. Oh, Lord, we ask that You would put a hedge of protection around Your people as the harsh weather approaches and that all needs would be met. Have mercy on our country, Precious Lord.
- "'I, Wisdom, live together with good judgment. I know where to discover knowledge and discernment.'" (Proverbs 8:12)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
OPERATION PROTECTIVE EDGE
"Don't be afraid! Those who are with us are more than those who are with them. O LORD, open his eyes so he may SEE!" (II Kings 6:16-17a.)
1. Massive barrage as open-ended truce takes effect - The Times of Israel
Five others injured, 2 seriously; Hamas claims 'victory'; Abbas announces truce in Ramallah, later confirmed by Jerusalem; rockets hit Ashdod preschool, Ashkelon house; six said killed in Gaza strikes
Fireworks and celebratory gunshots are heard in the Gaza Strip as its residents celebrate what Hamas spokesmen have hailed as a resistance "victory" against Israel, Al Jazeera reports. Army Radio quotes "the most senior and official" Israeli government source confirming that Israel has accepted the Egyptian proposal for an open-ended truce.
The official says the terms do not include any response to Hamas demands, including those for a seaport, airport, prisoner releases, or transfer of funds to pay salaries. He adds that those issues will be discussed in a month, if the quiet proves itself. (Read more)
2. Half of cabinet ministers oppose truce - The Times of Israel
Half of the ministers in the security cabinet are still opposed to the Egyptian framework for a ceasefire, even as an open-ended truce in the Gaza Strip takes effect, Channel 2 reports.
According to the report, Economy Minister Naftali Bennett, Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman, and Public Security Minister Yitzhak Aharonovitch say they are opposed to the Egyptian framework, with Communications Minister Gilad Erdan also voicing reservations.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reportedly approved the proposal without putting it to a vote in the cabinet, as the move does not legally require the ministers' approval. (Read more)
3. Massive drop in support for Netanyahu - poll - The Times of Israel
A poll released Monday evening showed a massive drop in the Israeli public's opinion of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's performance, as well as dissatisfaction with the way the government is handling the needs of southern communities battered by rocket fire from the Gaza Strip.(Read more)
- Father God, please send your love and peace to P.M. Netanyahu. Give him strength to stay focused on the mission he has. Lord, give him discernment over decisions he has to make for the safety of Israel. Father sustain him and let him not grow weary. We ask that he will seek and trust You above all. Amen and amen.
- "But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." (Isaiah 40:31)
4. Hamas official: Language of Egyptian cease-fire proposal 'acceptable' - The Jerusalem Post
A senior Hamas official said Tuesday that the new Egyptian cease-fire proposal to end the hostilities between the Palestinians and Israel in Gaza, was "acceptable" in terms of its language. (Read more)
- Dear God, we continue to pray that any deals that are considered, be legitimate and that there be no hidden agendas or deceit. Father let any evil plans be brought to light and not allowed to come to fruition. In Jesus' name, amen.
5. Abbas says planning to announce 'unconventional solution' to Israeli-Arab conflict - Jerusalem Post
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas is expected to announce an "unconventional solution" to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in the coming weeks.
He spoke of his diplomatic initiative on Saturday in Cairo during an interview with the Egyptian TV station Balad, but did not provide details about the proposed solution.
Abbas said he would discuss it, however, with Palestinian leaders in Ramallah this week before presenting it to US Secretary of State John Kerry. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we ask for your hand over these meetings. Lord we ask for your will to be done in this situation. Father, only the deals that fall into your plans will be allowed. I pray that any plans of darkness or deceit will be brought to light. In Jesus' name, amen.
6. Rocket from Lebanon hits Galilee -Times of Israel
One rocket fired from Lebanon has hit the Upper Galilee, the IDF confirms. No details are given on the location of the strike, or on injuries or damage.
This is the second time since Saturday night that rockets from Lebanon have hit Israel. (Read more)
Heavenly Father, Your word says that in the end days nation will rise against nation. Nations will continue to come against Israel. Lord we just pray that You increase protection of Your beloved. Increase the angel armies watching over the apple of Your eye. We ask that You will supernaturally move the rockets that are shot at Israel to another path.
Abba, raise up Your watchmen, raise up Your prayer warriors to take their positions on the wall. We cry out in prayer for Israel- day and night! Lord, that Jerusalem and all of Israel will be a praise throughout the earth. We ask that You will change the hearts of the leaders in Lebanon and of Hamas. It is not Your will that any should perish. You do not take joy in the downfall of Your enemy. Yahweh, You would rather see them change and proclaim you as the one true God! In the name of Yeshua, amen!
- "Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord God, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live?" (Ezekiel 18:23)
7. Iran 'will arm Palestinians' after Israeli drone downed -The Times of Israel
Iran's state TV broadcast footage showed a purported Israeli drone that the country's Revolutionary Guard says it shot down near an Iranian nuclear site, as Tehran said it would retaliate by supplying weapons to Palestinians in the West Bank. (Read more)
8. Leading Rabbis Call Day of Prayer and Fasting Over Gaza - Israel Today
A group of leading Israeli rabbis declared Monday a day of prayer and fasting, a "mini Yom Kippur," in their words, over the degenerating security situation in the country.
The initiative was spearheaded by Rabbi Aharon Leib Shteinman, the top non-hassidic orthodox rabbi in the country, who called for 24 hours of reciting of Psalms and fervent prayers amidst ongoing missile attacks from Gaza. (Read more)
- Lord we pray for the rabbis in Israel. We thank You that You have moved on them to turn to You. We ask that your Holy Spirit continue to stir their hearts to draw nearer to You. Take the scales off their eyes so that they may see Messiah and know him. We pray that You will awaken all our brothers of Judah to your truths. Reveal yourself to them in such a way that they cannot deny that You are the one true God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. That they proclaim your name over all the earth. In Yeshuah's (Jesus Christ) name, amen.
- The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! (John 1:29)
He jammed the wheels of their chariots so that they had difficulty driving. And the Egyptians said, "Let's get away from the Israelites! The LORD is fighting for them against Egypt." (Exodus 14:25)
1. After leveling Iraq's Tomb of Jonah, the Islamic State could destroy 'anything in the Bible' - Washington Post
Jonah's tomb "has been turned to dust," the official said. The Islamic State isn't new to this. As it establishes a caliphate to spread its ultraconservative faith, it's destroyed cultural artifacts including Sunni, Shia and Sufi sites, according to Newsweek, and replaced the crosses on Mosul's Syrian Orthodox cathedral with black flags. (Read more)
2.ISIS chief challenged to biblical Elijah showdown - WND
'It is time someone is calling these evil tools of Satan out'
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Is one of the most famous showdowns in Bible history about to be re-enacted?
An American Christian pastor is taking on the head of the Islamic State terror group known as ISIS, urging him to convert from Islam to Christianity, or take part in a modern-day "whose God will answer by fire" showdown reminiscent of the ancient prophet Elijah's challenge to prophets of Baal on Mt. Carmel in the Old Testament.
"It is time someone is calling these evil tools of Satan out, instead of cowering in the tent as the army of Israel did when taunted by Goliath," Rev. Bill Keller, founder of Liveprayer.com, told WND. (Read more)
- Pray for the protection of Rev. Bill Keller. Amen.
- " . . . if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him." (1 Kings 18:21)
4. ISIS attack "sooner rather than later" says ex-CIA chief - Grassfire
An ISIS attack on the West isn't a question of if, but when, says the former head of the CIA. Retired Gen. Michael Hayden told CNN yesterday that an attack by the terror group on the United States or Europe is simply a question of "timing":
"ISIS is a very powerful local terrorist organization and, probably, a reasonably powerful regional terrorist organization, but it's one that has global ambitions. And it has the tools . . . American passport holders, European passport holders. It's expressed the intent (to attack the West). . . It will come probably sooner rather than later."
The world has already seen enough ISIS barbarism and brutality to know they pose a global threat. The terror group is murdering men, women and children by the thousands -- beheading, crucifying and burying alive many of their victims. ISIS also has kidnapped thousands of wives and daughters, selling them as slaves or using them for the terrorists' own evil purposes.
5. Israel: ISIS May be Gaining a Foothold in Gaza - Breaking Israel News
According to web chatter in ISIS forums, the Salafist organization, known best for decapitating Christians and other "non-believers" in its lightning advance through roughly half of Iraq and large parts of Syria, has ties with militant groups operating in Gaza. (Read more)
6. ALERT! Islamic State Has Taken 'Full Control' of Key Syrian Province - World Tribune
After the Islamic State has seized control of the Syrian Air Force base at Tabqa, the Raqqa province is the first to fall out of government hands as it seeks to establish a capital for its caliphate.
"Some of the Syrian regime troops pulled out, and now the Islamic State is in full control of Tabqa," the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said on Aug. 24. "This makes Raqqa province the first to fully fall out of government hands."
Syrian Observatory said more than 500 people were killed in the battle for Tabqa, many of them in a heavy exchange of mortar and rocket fire. The British-based monitoring group said about two-thirds of the casualties were from ISIL.
The regime of President Bashar Assad confirmed the ISIL capture of Tabqa. The official Syrian news agency, Sana, said the military withdrew from the base while maintaining attacks on ISIL. (Read more)
- Holy God, we continue to CRY OUT against the rise of ISIS and the re-establishment of this caliphate. We thank You, Lord God, that You are still in control, only You sit on the Throne, and in Your time, all the enemies of Israel will be defeated. In Jesus' name, amen!
- "Break the arm of the wicked and the evildoer, Seek out his wickedness until You find none." (Psalm 10:15)
7. California native killed in Syria while reportedly fighting for ISIS - Fox News
A California man has been killed while reportedly fighting for Islamic State militants in Syria.
Douglas McAuthur McCain, 33, of San Diego, was reported to be among three foreign jihadists with the Islamic extremist group who died over the weekend, NBC News reports. Photographs of McCain's passport and of his body, which features a distinctive neck tattoo, were seen by the outlet.
"We were aware of U.S. Citizen Douglas McAuthur McCain's presence in Syria and can confirm his death," an NSC spokesperson said late Tuesday. "We continue to use every tool we possess to disrupt and dissuade individuals from traveling abroad for violent jihad and to track and engage those who return." (Read more)
9. ISIS reportedly demands $6.6M for release of 26-year-old American woman - Fox News
Islamic State militants are reportedly demanding $6.6 million and the release of a U.S. prisoner before they will free a third American hostage held by the group, an unidentified aid worker.
A source confirmed to Fox News that the aid worker is a 26-year-old woman from the West Coast. They did not provide further details, but ABC News reported that the woman, whose relatives have requested she not be identified, is the third of at least four Americans known to be held by the extremist Muslim organization. (Read more)
10. Top U.S. Military Officer: ISIS Has 'Apocalyptic End-of-Days Vision' That Must Be Defeated - Christian News
Army Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, made the statements on Thursday as both he and Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel discussed concerns about the group. "This is an organization that has an apocalyptic, end-of-days strategic vision and which will eventually have to be defeated," he said. (Read more)
11. ISIS Ethnic Cleansing: 670 Prisoners Murdered In Shia Prison Massacre, UN Reports - Inquistr
An estimated 670 inmates from Badush prison in the city of Mosul were reportedly murdered by ISIS militants on June 10, 2014, UN human rights chief Navi Pillay said in a statement on Monday. The mass murder was cited by the accounts of some 20 survivors and 16 witnesses. (Read more)
The Daily Jot (Part One)
Another ruse in the making
The Washington Times is reporting that the White House is reconsidering arming police departments with military grade weapons and equipment. The review of this policy comes after congressmen saw first hand the firepower and intimidation brought to the streets by the local Ferguson police department as riots persisted in the aftermath of the Michael Brown shooting. An October 2013 Homeland Security Newswire report pointed toward the Department of Defense's 1033 Excess Property Program. As part of the 1997 National Defense Authorization Act, Homeland Security and Defense has provided $38.2 billion in military equipment to local police departments, with some 13,000 participating agencies.
The report said, "The adoption of military gear by local police departments across America - some call it the "militarization" of American police - has been going on for a while. Now, observers ask whether this trend might have repercussion which should make citizens uneasy. Police departments receive the equipment for free-all they have to do is pay for the shipping. The gear being sent to local police includes planes, helicopters, armored vehicles, grenade launchers, assault rifles, bullet-proof helmets, night-vision goggles, and more. A few sheriff departments ordered tanks." The guise of armament is the threat of domestic terrorism. Government arms police as if they were military, but does not secure the border.
The Posse Comitatus Act was passed in 1878 and modified in 1981 to prevent the US military from enforcing state and local laws.The original law stated: "From and after the passage of this act it shall not be lawful to employ any part of the Army of the United States, as a posse comitatus, or otherwise, for the purpose of executing the laws, except in such cases and under such circumstances as such employment of said force may be expressly authorized by the Constitution or by act of Congress..." Since then military under the Department of Defense was added, to include Navy, Marines, and Air Force. A 2006 amendment to the 2007 Defense Authorization Act allowed the president to use the military to restore order in the aftermath of a natural disaster or terrorist attack, but that was repealed in 2008.
For the White House to say it is reconsidering the military arming of local police forces is window dressing at best. Think about it. Nearly $40 billion worth of equipment distributed through 13,000 agencies in all 50 states. The market is pretty much saturated at this point. There is really nothing to reconsider because armament of local police with sophisticated military equipment is already widespread. The gain for the White House is that people will believe that the program is ended, AND the government will still have militarized local police--against the very laws of the nation. A ruse in the making. 2 Timothy 3:13 says, "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived." And so it is.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Daily Jot (Part Two)
Why I'm not doing the Ice Bucket Challenge
The ALS Association has raised nearly $80 million via the Ice Buck Challenge. It has gone viral with people posting selfie videos on FaceBook and Twitter dousing themselves with buckets of cold water and nominating their friends, family and acquaintances to do the same to raise money for research to cure Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrig's disease. ALS is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord resulting in paralysis and usually death over a period of two to five years, although some have suffered ALS for up to 20 years. This is a horrible disease that needs to be cured, but I will not be participating in the Ice Bucket Challenge.
The ALS Association does much to find a cure for ALS by supporting many types of research projects. Its funding of human embryonic stem cell research, however, throws more than a cold bucket of water on my enthusiasm to participate in its fundraising effort.Embryonic stem cell research requires the destruction of a fertilized human embryo. Federal funding of such research is banned, but other funding is still legal. Hence, the Ice Bucket Challenge. Fetal stem cells are from aborted babies. Umbilical Cord, Placenta and Adult stem cell research does not require the destruction of human life and results have been positive (i.e., curing some forms of cancer) while embryonic or fetal stem cell research has not been so productive.
ALS Senior Vice President of Research and Development Lucie Bruijin, PhD, in her August "Primer on Stem Cells" writes: "...recently scientists have shown that they are able to isolate and propagate human embryonic stem cells in culture....The discovery that human embryonic stem cells can be isolated and propagated in culture with the potential of developing into all tissues of the body is a major medical breakthrough. However it has raised a great deal of ethical questions. Adult stem cell research is important and should be done alongside embryonic stem cell research as both will provide valuable insights." Bruijin's favoring of embryonic stem cell research by her own words on the ALS website is a deal killer for me.
Now, please, I am not judging you if you have participated. I'm just saying that for me, I can't do it. There are many verses in the Bible against the taking of innocent blood and choosing life. One of my favorites is Deuteronomy 30:19: "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live." A warning is found in Jeremiah 2:34, "Also in thy skirts is found the blood of the souls of the poor innocents: I have not found it by secret search, but upon all these." It seems to me that the shedding of innocent blood can come of no good and is more than, as Bruijin puts it, an "ethical" question.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Oklahoma City OK's Satanic "Black Mass"
Satanic 'black mass' gets green light from U.S. city
Concerns mount about 'dark powers that this invites into our community'
An Oklahoma-based satanic group called Dakhma of Angra Mainyu has leased space in the Civic Center Music Hall, which is owned and operated by the city, for a black mass on Sept. 21. The event is booked for the Cityspace theater, which is the facility's smallest theater space, said Jennifer McClintock, public information officer for the Civic Center. She told WND the city will not block the black mass from being held despite an uproar among Christian and family groups, which are mobilizing to stop it.
"All activities during the event must abide by our local ordinances and laws, including laws that govern nudity, lewd acts, ritual sacrifice, as well as building codes for open flames," McClintock said in an email to WND. "The Civic Center Music Hall is not underwriting this event in any way, nor paying for outside advertising. Individuals wishing to attend must purchase a ticket to get in." (WorldNetDaily) Read more
- We join with thousands of believers tonight in Oklahoma and across the nation, and we CRY OUT that this event not take place in our nation -- anywhere! We ask that You, Lord God, would intervene and that You would move upon the hearts of the people to file suit against this event, and that this petition would be heard and honored in a court of law. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "We must obey God rather than men." (Acts 5:29)
"There's Something Wrong"
"There's Something Wrong"
Missouri teenager Michael Brown was laid to rest yesterday. At his funeral, attended by three White House officials, Al Sharpton delivered a eulogy in which he said," . . . there's something wrong, that we have money to give military equipment to police forces, when we don't have money for . . . public education."
We can debate the militarization of the police and funding for public education another day. But I do agree that there is something wrong in America today.
There's something wrong when 42 people in Chicago get shot in three days, killing six people including two teenagers, and no one says a word.
Where was Reverend Al then? Where was Jesse Jackson? Where were Eric Holder and the other White House aides?
There is something wrong when the deaths of dozens are overlooked but days of riots and rage at the police follow the death of one teenager.
There is something wrong when Michael Brown's death becomes world news but Dillon Taylor's is ignored.
There is something wrong when artists make millions off songs with violent lyrics.
The breakdown of the black family is a terrible wound to the fabric of American society that no government program, no amount of funding for public education, will ever completely fix.
Yes, Reverend Sharpton, there is something wrong. But the solution is not more redistribution of wealth or bigger government.
America needs a revival of our Judeo-Christian values -- respect for the sanctity of life, respect for the family, respect for our communities, respect for law and order and respect for one another. (Gary Bauer)
Middle East In Chaos
Middle East In Chaos
More than 100 rockets fired from Gaza slammed into Israel yesterday. A preschool was hit, and 28 Israelis were injured when a home in Ashkelon was struck. Amid new fighting today, another truce was announced. We'll see if this one holds.
It's amazing to think about all the effort that Obama, Kerry and Clinton devoted to pushing a two-state solution in recent years. For all the pressure they put on Israel to make concessions, ultimately it all came down to the willingness of the Palestinians to recognize Israel's right to exist as a Jewish state. But they refused.
The next administration must stop the fruitless search for a fake peace until a real peace partner emerges willing to accept the one Jewish state in the world.
The failure of Obama's foreign policy is on full display in Libya. You may recall that Obama eagerly embraced the Arab Spring and backed revolutions in Egypt and Libya. The radical Muslim Brotherhood took over Egypt, and Islamists have been on the march in Libya. Benghazi has fallen and Tripoli is under siege.
Fed up Egyptians eventually kicked out Obama's Muslim Brotherhood allies and now they are taking matters into their own hands, trying to clean up his mess in Libya. The New York Times reports that Egypt and the United Arab Emirates have bombed Islamist targets in Libya twice in the past week -- without even notifying Washington.
Meanwhile, there are mixed messages coming out of Washington regarding efforts to combat ISIS. While Obama is reportedly considering bombing ISIS targets in Syria, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Martin Dempsey, told reporters he would recommend against it and Virginia Senator Tim Kaine (D) is insisting that Obama lacks the authority to do so.
Speaking of Washington, I saw a headline today that gave me a chuckle: "Driverless car takes test run through D.C." That's as good a place as any to test such a car. The current leadership in Washington has been asleep at the wheel for years as America careens off a cliff! (Gary Bauer)
Connecting the Dots
WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE WORLD?
Connecting the Dots
by Loren Sandford
Some weeks ago, as I was praying about the heaviness I see so many believers carrying, the Lord downloaded the following into my spirit.
"This is war, not a time for slumber or malaise. Eternal destinies are at stake. Time to stare down fatigue and deny it a place. Time to seize upon our hope and move in it. Time to find a sense of holy wrath deep in the heart and rise up, sword of the Spirit in hand, to deny the powers of darkness any form of power over self or over those we've been called to walk with. Time to awaken the sleeping giant in the hearts of those who love the Lord with all their heart, mind, soul and strength. Let walls fall down and obstacles be overcome to the glory of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit."
We're often too gentle, caught up in an incomplete understanding of who the Father and Jesus really are, focused on the warm fuzzies to the exclusion of a tougher side of our Father's heart. God is love, but love is more than hugs and tears. It's more than a gentle squeeze. It's more than comfort. It's more than the laid back restful romance with the God we know and love and it's more than God falling on us with affirmations of how deeply He feels for us.
There's another side to that love - an aggressive side, a warfare side, a tough side, even an angry side. That side of His love is just as much an expression of love as all the gentle warm fuzzies we love to experience. We are at war and we will need this tougher side of the Father's heart flowing through us and incorporated into our own character if we expect to win. It has many facets and manifests differently according to the different parts of the world in which it is waged.
. . . For you and me, living in nations that once were Christian, the attack generally takes more subtle forms than physical threats and legal challenges. If it were open and blatant, you'd stand up in defiance and refuse to be silent, but it's more subtle than that. It manifests when life crises, hurts and disappointments begin to pile up. The enemy wants to silence your voice by taking your heart and sucking the hope out of you. This brings a sense of malaise and the feeling that God isn't doing anything, that He's way off somewhere in the distance and not truly with you.
You don't see what you want to see happening in your faith or in your ministry. Health problems - your own and those of your friends - wear you down. Problems at work create stress and exhaustion. Your children suffer setbacks and tragedies until you begin to cry out, "What are You doing, God?!" and you surrender your fire and fall silent and ineffective.
If I've described you, know that this is all part of a coordinated strategy of the enemy of our soul to silence your voice, whether by physical threats or by more subtle pressures. By immobilizing you, the devil thinks to shut up the end time outpouring of the Holy Spirit that would bring in a harvest of the lost even in the midst of darkness and trouble.
In Ephesians 6:11 Paul identified it as, "the schemes of the devil," and in verse 12 he wrote, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places." He spoke of carefully laid plans devised and carried out by highly placed and well organized demonic powers.
There comes a time when we must rise up in the warrior spirit that expresses a neglected side of the loving nature of our Father and our Savior and, in holy wrath, shout, "I will not be silenced! I will not surrender to this malaise and oppression! I will walk in power. I will do all, and having done all, I will stand!" We get to win!
[To read the full article, go here.]
IFA Launches "Get Out the Prayer!"
Intercessors for America Launches:
"Get Out the Prayer!"
Our country continues to reach historic moments as our culture and values are redefined. November's mid-term elections offer another defining moment. This is why it is critical that the Church should pray. We are calling Christians to seek more of God's Presence in their communities. It is His light that will overcome the darkness.
The GET OUT THE PRAYER Initiative is not about praying for specific candidates or parties to be in power, but rather, is about praying for God's will to be accomplished on a local and national level. Before we get out the vote, let's GET OUT THE PRAYER and seek Him as the upcoming November elections approach. Our goal is to see a minimum of 100 actively praying in focused prayer in each city!
COMMUNITY LEADER SIGN-UP
If you desire to mobilize the Body of Christ in your community to seek more of God's Presence, please prayerfully consider starting a website prayer group. By starting this online prayer group, you are committing to:
- Recruiting Christians and churches in your local area to join your group
- Posting prayer points at least weekly for your group members to use during their prayer times
- Monitoring all posts so that they remain positive and there are no derogatory comments about or bashing of others
We welcome you to help us in mobilizing prayer across this nation!
For more information, go to
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Egyptian Bible Society reopens shop destroyed by mob
The Bible Society of Egypt has reopened a Christian bookstore in Upper Egypt that was destroyed last year by Muslim Brotherhood sympathizers.
On August 14, 2013 vandals - angry about the dispersion of Muslim Brotherhood sit-ins in Cairo's Tahrir Square - broke down the Bible Society Bookshop's heavy metal door and smashed most of the shop's glass, Bible Society of Egypt General Director Ramez Atallah said in a release.
Atallah noted that the reopening of the bookshop was significant for local Christians who felt humiliated and threatened by the destruction of dozens of churches, Christian institutions and privately -owned Christian properties around the city.
"The reopening of the bookshop in a main street in downtown Assuit is a symbol of the continuation of Christian presence in Egypt," Atallah said in a release. "What was remarkable about this particular event was the presence of Christian leaders from all denominations in Assuit. Bishops, priests, pastors, Christian leaders, businessmen and others attended the joyful celebration and many spoke about the significant impact of the Bible Society bookshop on the life of the Church in Assuit."
One week before the official opening on Wednesday, July 9, the bookshop had a "soft opening." Several passers-by brought bouquets of flowers to the staff to help celebrate, Atallah reported. Happy visitors keep staff workers at the store until midnight or later the whole week of the soft opening, and a Muslim neighbor at the re-opening ceremony said it felt like he was congratulating a newlywed son on his new home, Atallah reported.
"Despite the horrible upheaval of 2013, we thank God for the testimony of His faithfulness," Atallah said. "The love and support that was showered upon us, both from within Egypt and abroad has been an amazing experience."
Source: Religious Freedom Coalition
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders
Iceland volcano: Bardarbunga eruption sparks red alert
Iceland has issued a red alert to the aviation industry for the Bardarbunga volcano, meaning significant ash emissions are likely.
The Icelandic Met Office has warned that a small eruption under an ice cap has begun at Bardarbunga.
The air space over the site has been closed, but all Icelandic airports currently remain open, authorities say.
Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull volcano erupted in 2010, producing an ash cloud that severely disrupted air travel.
The red alert is the highest warning on the country's five-point scale. Read more:
- Lord Jesus, this is another occurrence of an Icelandic volcano disrupting air travel and life for many nearby nations. Show us how to pray so that lives are protected and needed transport and national businesses may continue. We pray this in Your Name, Amen and Amen.
- "The Lord opens the eyes of the blind; the Lord raises those who are bowed down; the Lord loves the righteous. The Lord watches over the strangers; He relieves the fatherless and widow, but the way of the wicked He turns upside down." (Psalm 146:8-9 NKJV)
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Joshua Mills - "The Glory Realm"
Today's Birthday on the Hill
Almost every day of the year, a member of Congress or a Senator is celebrating a birthday. Let's lift up these men and women, day by day in prayer on their special day, that God might bless them and show them His love for each one. Indeed, let's move together in obedience to the Lord's mandate in I Timothy 2:1-4. It is written:
"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."
Today's Birthday Greeting goes to:
Rep. Melvin Watt (NC)
(Source: Bible Pathways Ministries. www.biblepathway.org)