Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
and to depart from evil is understanding."
Thank you for praying for the Persecuted Church!
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. CIA misled on interrogation program, Senate report says - Washington Post
A report by the Senate Intelligence Committee concludes that the CIA misled the government and the public about aspects of its brutal interrogation program for years -- concealing details about the severity of its methods, overstating the significance of plots and prisoners, and taking credit for critical pieces of intelligence that detainees had in fact surrendered before they were subjected to harsh techniques. (Read more)
- Father, this certainly proves that when God says in the Bible that all things hidden will be revealed it surely will come to pass. We trust that lawlessness in the CIA will be dealt with and properly handled. In Jesus' Name we pray.
- "You have heard, see all this; and will not you declare it? I have showed you new things from this time, even hidden things, and you did not know them." (Isaiah 48:6)
2. CIA officer confirmed no protests before misleading Benghazi account given - Washington Times
Before the Obama administration gave an inaccurate narrative on national television that the Benghazi attacks grew from an anti-American protest, the CIA's station chief in Libya pointedly told his superiors in Washington that no such demonstration occurred, documents and interviews with current and former intelligence officials show. (Read more)
- Father God, again the hidden things will always surface and the truth will be made known. There has been innocent blood spilled in Benghazi; we ask You to place the heavy burden of responsibility in the hearts of the guilty ones who caused this to happen. God forgive us for killing these innocent victims. In the Name of Jesus we pray, amen.
- "Cursed be he that strikes with violence his neighbor secretly. Cursed be he that takes reward to slay an innocent person." (Deuteronomy 27:24-25)
3. Obamacare website glitch hampers enrollment on deadline day - Washington Times
The federal Obamacare website began the final day of open enrollment Monday the same way the website launched in October -- with a glitch that prevented consumers from enrolling. (Read more)
- Father in heaven, let it be understood by all the people involved that Obamacare was like a book in the hands of Jesus and it suddenly was turned to sawdust as it fell at His feet and was totally destroyed - forever. We ask You to cause men to provide an honest insurance coverage for the people that is from the Lord. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "I will abundantly bless their provision: I will satisfy their poor with bread."
4. Maryland Drops $125M Obamacare Exchange Site - Washington Post
Maryland officials are set to replace the state's online health-insurance exchange with technology from Connecticut's insurance marketplace, according to two people familiar with the decision, an acknowledgment that a system that has cost at least $125.5 million is broken beyond repair. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You for this good report today from the State of Maryland, and we ask that many other states would follow their lead. We cover all healthcare and insurance problems with the Blood of Jesus. Again, we ask You to cause men to create an insurance program that will be fair and adequate to cover the needs of the people without undue delay. In the Name of Jesus we pray, amen.
- "My soul waits for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning." (Psalm 130:5)
5. Venezuelan troops tear through border city to crush student protest in cradle of uprising - UK Telegraph
Nicolas Maduro orders army to regain control of San Cristobal, the birthplace of nationwide protests that have killed at least 39 people and rocked his Socialist government. (Read more)
- Lord God in heaven, pull down this evil dictator and eliminate his power over this people and this country. May the fire of God come down from heaven with fierce retribution in repayment for this man's deeds. Cover all of Venezuela with the heavenly host of angels that will still this gruesome violence and by the power of the Blood of Jesus save the souls of each individual. In the Name of Jesus we pray, amen.
- "But God is the judge; he puts down one and sets up another." (Psalm 75:7)
6. GM slammed at hearing for failing to address 57-cent defect linked to deaths - Fox News
Members of Congress tore into GM management during a heated Capitol Hill hearing probing fatal car wrecks linked to a defective part, claiming people died because the auto giant failed to fix what amounted to a 57-cent problem.
"We know that GM made a series of terrible decisions, and we know that this tragedy has exposed significant gaps in federal law that allowed them to do so," Rep. Diana DeGette, D-Colo., said.
- Lord God, we ask for justice to be rendered for the victims of this tragedy. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "The Lord performs righteous deeds And judgments for all who are oppressed." (Psalm 103:6)
7. Magnitude-8.2 earthquake hits off Chile - Fox News
A POWERFUL magnitude-8.2 quake strikes in the Pacific off Chile's northern region, causing landslides, setting off a small tsunami and prompting officials to order an evacuation of coastal areas.
- Lord God, we lift up the nation of Chile and all who live there, and we ask for Your hand of mercy to be upon them. We thank You that only few lives have been lost here, and that the tsunamis did little, if any, damage. We ask You to cause any aftershocks to be gentle, and for grace to be upon the nation of Chile, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"The Lord has established His throne in heaven, And His kingdom rules over all." (Psalm 103:19))
1. Sources: Coalition crisis brewing over prisoner release deal to save peace talks - Jerusalem Post
A possible coalition crisis was brewing on Tuesday over the emerging deal to save peace talks, which includes an Israeli obligation to release 400 more Palestinian prisoners.
2. Kerry nixes Ramallah trip as Abbas signs UN applications - Times of Israel
US Secretary of State John Kerry on Tuesday canceled plans to travel on Wednesday to Ramallah for a meeting with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas. The announcement of the cancellation came shortly after Abbas made a public display of signing applications for Palestinian admission to 15 United Nations bodies.
3. 'Supernatural Events' Surround New Phenomenon - WND
Two thousand years ago, Jesus of Nazareth was first proclaimed by Jews in Israel to be God's "Messiah," and a flurry of miracles took place. Now, two millennia later, the cycle is repeating itself as Orthodox Jews who once rejected that message are coming to realize the man slain at Calvary in Jerusalem is indeed God's "Anointed One."
4. Obama faces stiff opposition on Capitol Hill to freeing Pollard - Jerusalem Post
If the Obama administration thought about freeing Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard in an effort to entice Israel to show more flexibility in the negotiations with the Palestinians, it will have to take into consideration the fierce objections of both Republican and Democratic lawmakers on Capitol Hill.
5. Jews Petition Police to Offer Passover Sacrifice on Temple Mount - Jewish Press
Two Jews have petitioned Jerusalem police in the name of dozens of others for permission to carry out the mitzvah of the Passover sacrifice on the Temple Mount this year, for the first time in nearly 2,000 years.
6. Cheney endorses Israeli strike on Iran in GOP gathering - Ha'aretz
Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney voiced his support for an Israeli strike on Iran's nuclear facilities over the weekend, during his closed-door keynote address at the Republican Jewish Coalition's annual spring meeting.
The Daily Jot
Do you remember? Will you remember?
Do you remember when the communists in Congress and the White House were crying the blues over some 24 million Americans they said had no health insurance and couldn't afford it? Their answer was socialized healthcare. With taxpayer funded healthcare those poor 24 million people could finally get the healthcare they deserve. They called it a "right." You know, like the "right" to free speech and the "right" to bear arms--well, maybe not that. Maybe more like the "right" to kill a baby in the womb--you know the Fourth Amendment right to privacy? Now after five years of debate, four years of extensions and miscues, the president has claimed victory--he's lying again.
"At midnight last night we surpassed everyone's expectation," like a proud peacock he boasted. He also claimed that "millions of people who have health insurance would not have it" without his socialist healthcare law. He's lying. And it is a pretty outright and fantastic lie at that. He announced that 7.1 million people enrolled for socialist healthcare. But a RAND Corporation study sourced by the UK Daily Mail says that only 858,000 previously uninsured Americans have paid for new policies and now have taxpayer funded healthcare. That's a far cry from 7.1 million and only 3.6% of that 24 million who the communists argued were uninsured.
Here you have a law that mandates all Americans must have health insurance. Hundreds of thousands lost their insurance because of the mandate to have it. Corporations and small to medium sized businesses have cut workweek hours and their workforce to avoid the mandate. There have been numerous reports of fraud. People that have signed up for the socialist healthcare are unable to keep their doctors as promised, and many are being denied care because of the countless regulations and red tape. The best these communists have to offer is Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid saying that these very well documented reports are untrue. Every American will have healthcare. It's the law.
While the White House is taking a victory lap, and the news media is celebrating the triumph, the numbers don't add up. The current population of the United States is approximately 316 million. So only 2.2% of the population is participating in mandated, taxpayer-funded healthcare. Liars figure and figures lie. Socialized healthcare is an abysmal failure as a service to the people. As an anchor of a communist coup, it is a tremendous success. As the president says, "The debate over repealing the law is over. The Affordable Care Act is here to stay." How do you like being forced to pay for something that is of no benefit to you? Jesus said in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you." Deception comes with a price. Will you remember?
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
News from the CPC Foundation
News from the Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation
1. Update: Employment Non-Discriminaton Act
"Counting Polis, Grimm's support brings the total number of sponsors in the House to 201. A total of 218 votes is necessary to pass legislation in the chamber. Grimm is the sixth Republican co-sponsor of ENDA. The other five are Reps. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.), Richard Hanna (R-N.Y.), Charles Dent (R-Pa.), Jon Runyan (R-N.J.) and Chris Gibson (R-N.Y.)...
The Senate last year passed ENDA on a bipartisan basis by a 64-34 vote. Supporters have said the legislation already has the votes to pass the House, but House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) has continually said he opposes the legislation when asked if he'll bring it up for a vote."
Read How ENDA Threatens Fundamental Civil Liberties
2. Air Force Removes Bible From POW MIA Display
" . . . perhaps Gen. Welsh could explain why a Bible was removed from a POW/MIA Missing Man Table at Patrick Air Force Base in Florida. The removal of the Good Book was first reported by the Gannett-owned newspaper Florida Today." (Read more here)
3. States Defending Christmas
"Campfield's bill was written to protect public schools from being sued if a teacher or student chooses to celebrate a winter holiday, as long as the school includes more than one religious tradition in the practice. A public school would be equally protected as long as it has a Santa Claus display and a Nativity set on campus. It'll also allow campuses to have both a menorah and a Festivus pole on campus without complaint." (WND) Read more.
Mississippi Stands for Religious Freedom
FRC Commends Mississippi Legislature for Approving
Religious Freedom Legislation
April 01, 2014
WASHINGTON, D.C. - This evening, the Mississippi House of Representatives and Senate approved S.B. 2681, the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA). Family Research Council (FRC) has long supported state RFRAs, which have already been enacted in 18 states since 1996 based on the federal law introduced by now U.S. Senator (then U.S. Representative) Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and former U.S. Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.), passed 97-3 in the Senate, unanimously by voice vote in the House of Representatives and was signed into law by President Bill Clinton.
FRC President Tony Perkins released the following statement:
"This is a victory for the First Amendment and the right to live and work according to one's conscience. This commonsense measure was a no-brainer for freedom, and like the federal RFRA, it simply bars government discrimination against religious exercise. The legislature gave strong approval to a bill that declares that individuals do not have to trade their religious freedom for entrance into public commerce.
"I commend Mississippi legislators for reading the bill and consulting the facts and not yielding to the wild distortions of the frenzied opposition of anti-religious liberty activists who caused other elected officials to retreat in recent weeks.
"Whether it's someone like Pastor Telsa DeBerry who was hindered by the Holly Springs city government from building a new church in the downtown area, or a wedding vendor, whose orthodox Christian faith will not allow her to affirm same-sex 'marriage,' the provisions of RFRA would apply to prevent the government from discriminating against religious exercise.
"The Founders never envisioned a government forcing Americans to choose between the basic teachings of their faith and losing their livelihood.
"We commend Governor Phil Bryant, Lt. Governor Tate Reeves, House Speaker Philip Gunn, and Senator Phillip Gandy, the bill's sponsor, for their leadership to defend religious freedom and for refusing to cower to egregious misrepresentations of a fair and common-sense religious liberty measure," concluded Perkins.
School Cafeteria: No Prayer for You!
School Cafeteria: No Prayer for You!
At Carillon Elementary School, teachers on cafeteria duty weren't monitoring lunch, they were out to lunch on students' rights. When the daughter of Marcos Perez bowed her head to pray, a teacher interrupted her and said, "You're not allowed to do that." The five-year-old looked surprised and responded, "But it's good to pray." No, said the teacher, "It's not good." Fox News's Todd Starnes reports that the little girl tried to pray again but was stopped.
When she got home and explained what happened, Marcos and his wife were furious. "My five-year old should not feel conflicted about prayer with respect to trying to follow rules or authority. We remain speechless that our daughter had to experience [that] from an individual with an agenda." They contacted the school, demanding to know why his five-year-old would be accosted for exercising her religious rights.
The principal promised to investigate, but when she asked around, no teacher remembered the incident. Either way, she assured the Perezes that she took the matter seriously. "Please know that students are permitted to pray during school. I will remind all staff members of this." A spokesman at Florida's Seminole County Public Schools echoed the policy, which allows prayer as long as it isn't disruptive.
For the Perezes, who were already frustrated over the liberal indoctrination taking place in classrooms around the country, this was the last straw. They pulled their daughter out of public education and have decided to homeschool her. "This definitely pushed us over," Marcos said. "We've long had concerns about Common Core and issues and agendas we see in the culture war."
Unfortunately, liberals have worked long and hard to convince teachers that students have the right to exercise their religion -- just not on school property. But that's not true. In fact, the Constitution and U.S. Supreme Court both say that educators should protect the rights of religious students, so long as they aren't coercive or disruptive. And that includes praying over lunch. For the longest time, the Left pushed for religious neutrality in schools. But over time, that neutrality has turned into outright hostility -- and children are the victims. Of all the ways kids can misbehave these days, scolding them for praying is about as ridiculous as it gets. Judging by the state of our culture (and our schools), they could use more time with God -- not less! (Family Research Council)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Former Creed Lead Singer Returns to God-after Going to "Hell and Back"
Former Creed lead singer and Grammy Award Winner Scott Stapp nearly lost his life to his addictions-which "cost him a marriage and in 2006 led him to a suicide attempt in which he plunged some 10 stories off a hotel balcony, landing on a section of the roof designed to catch droppings from seagulls." Today, he's a new, reborn man through the grace of God.
(Lawrence, KS)-Former Creed lead singer Scott Stapp, 40, seemed to have the world by the tail years ago when he was in his 20's. But that world, embraced by him after rebelling against his Pentecostal parents and the faith of his youth, only served to suck him into a vicious cycle of addiction, divorce, and, ultimately, a gruesome suicide attempt-which he miraculously survived.
Today, Stapp is worshipping God with his music again and sharing the message of divine second chances to those who have lost their way and have given up hope.
In an interview by the Topeka Capital-Journal, Stapp was quoted as saying none of the hardships in his life were wasted because they brought him back to a strong faith in God.
"With the lifestyle I was living," he said, "I'm really blessed and thank the Lord every day that I made it past the age of 27." (Topeka Capital-Journal) Read more.
(Also reported by: Breaking Christian News)
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Saharan red dust deposited on cars across the UK
Motorists across the country woke up to a little piece of Africa on Monday morning, when they found their cars coated with a thin layer of Saharan dust.
An unusual weather pattern transported the red grains thousands of miles from North Africa to Britain.
Emma Sharples, from the Met office, told the Exeter Express and Echo that a combination of elements had created the right conditions for the sand to travel to the UK.
"A sandstorm in the Saharan region, the wind from the south/south-east, and the right sort of rain," she said.
"You need a light rain, not too much - just enough to bring it down and then when it dries out it leaves that residue on cars. (Read more)
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"We Exalt Your Name" - Kari Jobe
Spirit come change the atmosphere
Convict and open hearts here
The anthems that the angels sing
The worship of the King of Kings