Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, April 7, 2014
" . . . he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones." (Proverbs 2:8)
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. No formal declarations, but both sides indicate talks over
Though neither Israel nor the Palestinian Authority formally announced it on Thursday, officials in both Jerusalem and Ramallah indicated that the peace negotiations begun last July and scheduled to run until at least the end of the month have now irretrievably collapsed.
Abbas quoted saying he'd 'rather become a martyr' than rescind UN applications; Bennett vows to charge him in ICC with funding terror.
- Abba Father, from reading the demands being made upon Your land and Your people, and the denial of their right to exist as a nation or people by the Palestinian side, it appears that there never was a possibility of a peace agreement, but it continued to be 'forced'. Father, we repent that our nation has pushed this process and we fall before you for mercy and forgiveness. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me. Whoever offers praise glorifies Me; and to him who orders his conduct aright I will show the salvation of God.(Psalm 50:15 & 23)
2. U.S. Reconsidering Role In Mideast Peace Talks, Kerry Says
With Mideast peace talks on the verge of collapse, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry declared Friday that "it's reality check time" on whether an agreement can be reached anytime soon after decades of bitterness between Israeli and Palestinian leaders. The U.S. will re-evaluate its role as mediator, he said.
It was Kerry's most pessimistic take yet on the peace effort after nearly nine months of frustrating talks with little progress to show.
Kerry made clear that his push for peace is not yet over, and he said both sides claim to want to continue negotiating. But he also said that continuing setbacks in the process - culminating this week with tit-for-tat moves by Israeli and Palestinian officials that have upended good-faith bargaining - could force the U.S. to shift focus to other crises where Washington might have more success.
- Heavenly Father, per this article John Kerry is stating that the US will re-evaluate its role as mediator for this peace agreement. We ask You to arise and extend Your right arm over whomever will be discussing this option, causing all possibilities of it continuing to be totally shut down, in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- A wicked man hardens his face, but as for the upright, he establishes his way. (Proverbs 21:29)
3. Chinese ship looking for missing Malaysia Airlines plane detects black box 'pulse signal' in southern Indian Ocean
A Chinese ship, the Haixun 01 (inset), has detected a 'pulse signal' in the southern Indian Ocean, China's official news agency said today. The ship said it picked up a frequency of 37.5Hz per second - said to be the same type of signal the missing Malaysia Airlines aircraft's black box would send out. Ten planes, three civil jets and 11 ships today scoured the 84,000 square mile search zone, which plunges to 5,800 metres or 19,000 feet at its deepest point. It could provide a dramatic breakthrough in the hunt for the Boeing 777, which vanished on March 8 while travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people on board. It comes as a Chinese plane, also part of today's search party, detected around 20 pieces of possible debris.
- Heavenly Father, after more than a month of searching for this plane, here is another 'lead' or theory. Father, we ask that You continue to comfort those left behind, and to be in the midst of all of this. We ask that the truth be exposed soon, so that there can be closure to this crisis. We pray in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
-The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth. (Psalm 145:18)
4. Japan to intercept any North Korea missile deemed a threat
Japan will strike any North Korean ballistic missile that threatens to hit Japan in the coming weeks after Pyongyang recently fired medium-range missiles, a government source said on Saturday.
- Heavenly Father, according to this article, Japan is preparing to respond strongly to any threat to their nation from North Korean missiles. We can understand this, but we are asking that You confront and put the fear of You into the souls of North Korea's leaders, so they are stopped from all their war mongering and threats to other sovereign nations, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- The violence of the wicked will destroy them, because they refuse to do justice. (Proverbs 217)
5. U.S., in nod to Tokyo, to send more ships to Japan, prods China
TOKYO - The United States will deploy two additional destroyers equipped with missile defense systems to Japan by 2017, in a move Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said was a response in part to North Korean missile launches that have alarmed the region.
- Abba Father, we come before You to ask, based on this article, if North Korea is launching missiles now and causing concern and alerts in neighboring nations, why is the US defense departments waiting at least 3 years to offer Japan assistance? Father, we ask that You abide over all the expanding threats and counter threats arising in the far east, especially from North Korea and China. We pray in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- The Lord brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He makes the plans of the peoples of no effect. (Psalm 33:10)
6. 2 Tunnels Found Under California-Mexico Border
U.S. authorities say a task force working with Mexican counterparts discovered two cross-border smuggling tunnels stretching hundreds of yard between Tijuana and an industrial park in San Diego.
- Heavenly Father, based on the report of the discovery of smuggling tunnels into the US from Mexico, we ask You to be in the midst of the response, so these tunnels and any future tunnels discovered will be shut down and destroyed. The funneling of drugs, dangerous immigrants, and any other negative action needs to be stopped so that our nation will be more secure as to its borders. We ask for mercy, Father, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- Let all my enemies be ashamed and greatly troubled; let them turn back and be ashamed suddenly. (Psalm 6:10)
7. Gov't spent $700M promoting ObamaCare, despite Obama claim
President Obama contended that the government did not "make a hard sell" for Obamacare, despite his administration spending nearly $700 million to promote the law. "We didn't make a hard sell," Obama said in the Rose Garden on Tuesday, praising the 7.1 million sign ups for the Affordable Care Act. "We didn't have billions of dollars of commercials like some critics did."
- Abba Father, here is another article exposing further lies involved with this destructive healthcare law. What was announced is "the government did not "make a hard sell" for Obamacare", but this article is exposing that the US administration spent nearly $700 million to promote the law. Father, we ask that You rise up and smash down this destructive law into small unfixable pieces, in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who speaks lies will not escape. (Proverbs 19 5)
8. Employers Say Obamacare Will Cost Them $5,000 More Per Employee
Obamacare will cost large companies between $4,800 and $5,900 more per employee and add hundreds of millions to their overhead, according to a new survey.
- Heavenly Father, here is another destructive report for US citizens of how much this ugly healthcare law is going to cost. If employers have to spend $5,000 more per employee for healthcare, then a lot less will be delegated to pay the employees or for hiring more employees. This vileness is just expanding more and more. Father, have mercy, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- God is a just judge, and God is angry with the wicked every day. (Psalm 7:11)
9. Retirements drain Congress of leaders amid frustration over gridlock, dysfunction
AN EXODUS this year by key figures on Capitol Hill - including GOP Rep. Dave Camp, chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee - is creating a void in Congress, with some of its most experienced lawmakers suggesting partisan gridlock is finally taking a toll.
- Heavenly Father, this retirement 'drain' along with possible voted in replacements for other congressional members could be a good thing. We ask that You fully direct this next election so these congressional seats will be filled with the people You choose for our nation. We thank You in advance for these changes, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- There are many plans in a man's heart, nevertheless the Lord's counsel- that will stand. (Proverbs 19: 21)
10. Top 5 Crackdowns on Conservatives' Internet Free Speech
On Thursday, CEO Brendan Eich of Mozilla was forced out of his job thanks to his $1,000 donation to the Proposition 8 pro-traditional marriage effort in California in 2008. At that point, he held the exact same position as Barack Obama on traditional marriage. Now, that position has soured in the nostrils of the militant left, which seeks to ruin the lives of those with whom it disagrees.
- Abba Father, this article reflects a growing dynamic in our nation that is not unexpected but is very destructive to a diverse society, which is a very intolerant attitude of 'our way or no way'. This raises up a vengeful response to anyone who does not believe personally and privately as an activist group does. We fall before You, Father, and ask that You rise up to protect Your remnant in this time of growing intolerance and vengeful actions, in Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "For this is God, our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even to death." (Psalm 48:14)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen." (1 Timothy 1:17)
1. Hezbollah chief admits group targeted Israeli patrol - Times of Israel
Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah said in an interview published on Monday that his Lebanese Shiite group was behind a blast that targeted Israeli troops on the border between the two countries last month.
2. Israel strikes targets in Gaza after rocket attack - Times of Israel
Israeli aircraft struck targets in the Gaza Strip late Saturday night, hours after Palestinian terrorists fired a Kassam rocket at the coastal city of Ashkelon.
3. 'Anonymous' hackers threaten Israel with cyber-terrorism - Jerusalem Post
A group of anti-Israel hackers calling themselves "Anonymous Operation Israel" has called on "cyber warriors from across the planet' to attack Israel online on April 7th.
The Daily Jot
Another "don't cross this line" drawn
Here we go again. The toothless lion roars and his foes become resolved. It would seem that the occupant of the Oval Office and his Administration have drawn so many collective lines in the sand that the toes of their shoes are worn through. We have seen it with the so-called Israeli peace process, with Iran, with Russia, and now with China. US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel stormed into Japan over the weekend and warned China with words that are sure to have Mao Tse Tung rolling over laughing in his grave: "All nations deserve respect, no matter how large or how small," Hagel said. Those are pretty strong words, so likely to deter any nation from imposing its will on another...not!
Hagel said, "I think we're seeing come clear evidence of a lack of respect, and coercion and intimidation with...what the Russians have done in Ukraine. You cannot go around and redefine boundaries, violate territorial integrity and sovereignty of nations by force, coercion and intimidation--whether it's in small islands in the Pacific, or large nations in Europe. So I want to talk to our Chinese friends about this." AFP reports that Hagel's "comments underscored a tougher line by the US government on China's approach to territorial claims in the South China Sea and the East China Sea, after some Southeast Asian countries accused Beijing of intimidatory tactics."
It is almost as if the US regime is inviting Iran, China, Russia, and Islam to create world chaos. Diplomatic nuance with absolutely no intent or ability to back up what you say is a signal to any foe to do what they will. This administration says it is in no one's interest for Iran to have a nuclear weapon, yet the White House takes no substantial action against it. This administration has decried terrorism, but has supported Islamic terrorists both politically and financially as a matter of policy. The White House warns Russia repeatedly not to take over Crimea, and then does nothing when it does. Now, the regime is picking on China as if it is an unruly school child that needs a sit down talk from the principal.
2 Timothy 3:13 says, "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived." This concept of foreign policy that "everyone is reasonable and all issues can be resolved if we can all just be civil and talk to one another" is pure folly. You can't measure people by what you are. This administration is comprised of a bunch of loud mouth prideful bullies who have no courage or backbone, nor any moral compass. These people seem to think that the rest of the world's leadership is the same as they are. The one thing this Administration has in common with Iran, China, Russia, and Islam is evil itself. If the natural law of like dissolving like comes into play, the one world order is progressing.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Paul Ryan's Balancing Act
Paul Ryan's Balancing Act
There are literally trillions of differences between the President's budget and Rep. Paul Ryan's (R-Wisc.) -- but the biggest is obvious. Rep. Ryan's budget balances -- President Obama's doesn't. For his seventh attempt, the former Vice Presidential candidate put his stamp on what many believe to be his last budget proposal before moving over the House Ways and Means Committee. His swan song as Budget Chair is a 100-page blueprint that addresses everything from ObamaCare to Defense -- and cuts $5.1 trillion in the process.
At the end of his 10-year plan, the budget would balance for the first time in more than 15 years. And, to the cheers of many, it would do so after a pretty significant boost to our overstretched and underfunded troops. Under Ryan's approach, defense spending would jump by $273 billion more than President Obama's budget. "The President does not provide the resources necessary to meet our national security strategy. His cuts would do grave harm to our military."
Other noticeable differences between the only two budgets shaping the debate are Ryan's overhauls to Medicare and Medicaid. After slashing hundreds of billions of dollars, the Wisconsin leader's reforms would cede more authority to the states for Medicaid block grant programs and turn Medicare into a premium support program. Although the program would stay the same for people over 55, Ryan's plan would allow "the Medicare recipient of the future [to] choose, from a list of guaranteed-coverage options, a health plan that best suits his or her needs. This is not a voucher program." (Family Research Council, 4/4/14, excerpt)
The Mullahs Are Mocking Obama
The Mullahs Are Mocking Obama
Accommodating the Islamic Republic of Iran has been a top priority for Barack Obama from the day he first stepped foot in the Oval Office. Obama's outreach began just weeks after his first inauguration. The Iranians didn't take him seriously then, and they don't take him seriously now.
Just look at the man they are trying to send to America as Iran's new ambassador to the United Nations -- Hamid Abutalebi.
Abutalebi was a member of the terrorist group that attacked the U.S. Embassy in Tehran in 1979 and kidnapped 52 Americans. The Iranian hostage crisis lasted 444 days -- until Ronald Reagan took office.
The Iranians mocked Jimmy Carter for his weak leadership. And even as Barack Obama tries to negotiate with the mullahs over Iran's "Islamic bomb," they are mocking Obama now with this incredibly insulting appointment.
Barry Rosen, a former hostage, said that letting Abutalebi into America would "be a travesty of justice. It would be like spitting on us." He added, "Denying a visa to him would be a great statement to Iran."
Fortunately, members of Congress are trying to do just that. Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY) sent a letter to Secretary of State John Kerry demanding that the State Department deny a visa to Abutalebi. Schumer told the New York Post, "This man has no place in the diplomatic process . . . Iran's attempt to appoint Mr. Aboutalebi . . . reveals a disdain for the diplomatic process and we should push back in kind."
In addition, Rep. Doug Lamborn (R-CO) and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) have introduced legislation that would prevent the State Department from issuing a visa to any U.N. representative who "has engaged in a terrorist activity against the United States." (Gary Bauer)
Abbas takes defiant step
Abbas takes defiant step, and mideast talks falter
The Middle East peace talks verged on a breakdown Tuesday night, after President Mahmoud Abbas of the Palestinian Authority defied the United States and Israel by taking concrete steps to join 15 international agencies - a move to gain the benefits of statehood outside the negotiations process.
Mr. Abbas's actions, which appeared to catch American and Israeli officials by surprise, prompted Secretary of State John Kerry to cancel a planned return to the region on Wednesday, in which he had expected to complete an agreement extending negotiations through 2015.
In that emerging deal, the United States would release an American convicted of spying for Israel more than 25 years ago, while Israel would free hundreds of Palestinian prisoners and slow down construction of Jewish settlements in the West Bank. (The Jerusalem Connection) Read more here.
NATO on High Alert
NATO on High Alert, U.S. Sending Military Forces,
Russia Threatens U.S. Dollar
NATO's supreme allied commander in Europe, US Air Force General Philip Breedlove, this week called the size of the Russian force gathered on the border of Ukraine as "incredibly concerning" and says that Russia has massed all the assets it needs to successfully overrun the Ukrainian military and occupy the eastern and southern parts of the country in just three to five days.
As carefully reported by AlertsUSA Threat Journal over the past several weeks (see this, this, this and this), Russia's recent moves in Crimea and the buildup of a revamped, well equipped, well trained military force on the border of Ukraine, as well as more troops now gathering and training closer to the borders of NATO member states Latvia and Estonia, has caught the alliance way off guard, and there is justifiable nervousness in the air.
At a NATO alliance meeting in Brussels on Tuesday, Poland's foreign minister, Radek Sikorski, formally asked for NATO to station two heavy brigades of armored infantry in his country. This equates to about 10,000 troops. Romania's President sent a letter to the lower house of parliament this week informing them of a request by the U.S. for permission to add an additional 600 U.S. troops to the roughly 1,000 currently stationed in the country, as well as more military aircraft.
It was also reported this week that the U.S. has deployed at least 10 F-15 fighter aircraft and support personnel to Lithuania.
Further, it was announced this week that at least one additional warship, the Aegis destroyer USS Donald Cook, currently home ported in Rota, Spain, would be entering the Black Sea sometime in the coming days. According to Pentagon spokesman Col. Steve Warren, the move was intended to "reassure allies of our commitment to the region."
In addition to the growing number of U.S. military aircraft and troops either being deployed to or currently stationed in the region, the USS Harry Truman Carrier Strike Group entered the Mediterranean this past weekend via the Suez Canal. The USS George Bush Carrier Strike Group which had previously been in the Med has itself transited the Suez in the other direction and is now carrying out maritime security operations in the Middle East.
And in a highly provocative move, Ukraine's parliament on Tuesday approved a series of joint military exercises with NATO countries that would put US troops on the ground in direct proximity to Russian forces in the Crimea peninsula. In turn, Russia has issued a stern warning to Ukraine against integration with NATO, saying Kiev's previous attempts to move closer to the defense alliance had had unwelcome consequences. (Threat Journal USA) Read more here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
New Magnetic Nanoparticle Treatment Causes Cancer Cells to Self-destruct
"The clever thing about the technique is that we can target selected cells without harming surrounding tissue."
Using magnetically controlled nanoparticles to force tumor cells to 'self-destruct' sounds like science fiction, but could be a future part of cancer treatment, according to research from Lund University in Sweden.
"The clever thing about the technique is that we can target selected cells without harming surrounding tissue. There are many ways to kill cells, but this method is contained and remote-controlled", said Professor Erik Renström.
The point of the new technique is that it is much more targeted than trying to kill cancer cells with techniques such as chemotherapy. "Chemotherapy can also affect healthy cells in the body, and it therefore has serious side-effects. Radiotherapy can also affect healthy tissue around the tumor.
"Our technique, on the other hand, is able to attack only the tumor cells", said Enming Zhang, one of the first authors of the study. In brief, the technique involves getting the nanoparticles into a tumor cell, where they bind to lysosomes, the units in the cell that perform 'cleaning patrols'. The lysosomes have the ability to break down foreign substances that have entered a cell. They can also break down the entire cell through a process known as 'controlled cell death', a type of destruction where damaged cells dissolve themselves.
The new technique is primarily intended for cancer treatment, but according to Erik Renström and his colleague Enming Zhang there may be other areas of application. One example is autoimmune diseases such as type 1 diabetes, in which the immune system attacks the body's own insulin production.
The 'superparamagnetic nanoparticles' have attracted a lot of interest from academia and industry in recent years. They are being tested in research on new diagnostic laboratory tests, new methods of viewing phenomena in living tissue, and new drugs.
The researchers at Lund University have a patent pending for their technique with the rotating nanoparticles. However, a lot of work remains before it can be transferred from the laboratory to clinical trials on patients.
The study is a collaboration between physicists, chemists, engineers and doctors from Sweden, Germany and the USA. It has been published in the American journal ACS Nano. (EurekAlert) Read more here.
[Also reported by: Breaking Christian News]
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Ships turn back after ice damage on Lake Superior
Duluth, MN (NNCNOW.com) --- The start of the 2014 shipping season has ground to a near halt by some of the worst lake ice in recent history. Ships took off last week to try to make it to the Soo locks, planning to hug the shore to take advantage of the open water.
A flotilla of US Coast Guard cutters has been working overtime to break ice and clear a path for those outbound ships.
But ice four to five feet thick is still abundant on Lake Superior; in some places ridges of eight feet of ice have formed. And even though there is some open water, wind can blow the ice back into the channel.
Both the Morro Bay cutter and the Presque Isle freighter took some damage from the powerful ice and are being forced to return to the Twin Ports for repairs.
Public Relations Manager for the Duluth Seaway Port Authority, Adele Yorde, gave more details: "It's not just the thickness of the ice but the pressure that builds around the sides of vessels. All of that can result in issues like this. So, as I said, a slow start, a little stop, a little return and hopefully we'll get back on the water or through the ice," she said.
(Northland News Center) Read more here.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"The Power of Your Name" - Lincoln Brewster
I will live
To carry Your compassion
To love a world that's broken
To be Your hands and feet
I will give
With the life that I've been given
And go beyond religion
To see the world be changed
By the power of Your name