Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Monday, Dec. 2, 2013
Our Weekly Bible Studies:
To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
The Daily Brief
1. US carriers urged to comply with China air zone rules - BBC
The US says it expects its civilian aircraft to observe China's rules in an air defence zone in the East China Sea. A US statement said this did not mean the US accepted China's requirements in the zone covering territory claimed by China, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea. China wants all aircraft there to file flight plans and identify themselves. (Read more)
- Lord God, the application of these rules seems to be as clear as mud. Which orders do our U.S. aircraft carriers follow: ours or China's? It is clearly stated here that 'this did not mean the US accepted China's requirements'. . . leaving the ships' captains in a quandary. Father we ask that You warn those who know You what to do, how to protect the safety of the US carriers and when they should do take action. We ask for all hidden agendas to be exposed to public scrutiny, and we do this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- [Regarding these rules] "But let your statement be, 'Yes, yes ' or 'No, no'; anything beyond these is of evil. (Matthew 5:37)
2. Biden goes to Asia to reconnect amid China rumblings and recent Middle East focus - Fox News
The Obama administration turns its attention next week to Asia with Vice President Biden taking a week-long trip to the region amid China's renewed claim to a disputed territory and warnings to encroaching planes. Biden is set to arrive Monday in Japan, then meet with leaders in China and South Korea, to re-establish connections in that region, after months of intense U.S. foreign policy efforts in the Middle East and America trying to help reach a nuclear-freeze deal with Iran.
At the same time, disputes among Asian nations seem to be boiling over, threatening instability in a region that's vital to the U.S. economy. "In each country I've gotten this feedback: `When do you think the president is going to put some meat on the bones?" Rep. Steve Chabot, R-Ohio, said. "It's been mostly just talk, and mostly diplomatic engagement. They want to get beyond just talk."
The U.S. is trying to complete a major trade agreement by year's end, but it's not certain the deadline will be honored. The Trans-Pacific Partnership involving the U.S., Japan and 10 other nations could clear the way for much greater trade with Asia, in line with Obama's ambitious goal to double U.S. exports by 2015. (Read more)
- Abba Father, there have been other articles warning of the impact to the US and its citizens from this Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement that President Obama is pursuing. It is reported that it would severely damage US sovereignty and be a long term detriment to our nation. We ask You Lord, to rise up and cast this agreement into chaos and confusion so that it does not get finalized. We pray in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "When the wicked spring up like grass, and when all the workers of iniquity flourish, it is that they may be destroyed forever." (Psalm 92:7)
3. North Korea says American detainee apologizes for 'hostile acts,'
US calls for release - Fox News
North Korea claimed Saturday that an elderly U.S. war veteran detained for more than a month has apologized for "hostile acts" against the state during a recent trip and alleged crimes against the country during the Korean War, prompting the United States to express concerns about him and another American detainee and call for their immediate release. North Korean authorities released video showing 85-year-old Merrill Newman, wearing glasses, a blue button-down shirt and tan trousers, reading his alleged apology, which was dated Nov. 9 and couldn't be independently confirmed. (Read more)
- Lord Jesus, we read that this elderly veteran, Merrill Newman, had wished to see where he had fought so long ago and was on a legitimate tour. However the North Korean government has chosen to use this opportunity to make an example of how their nation was damaged by this undeclared war and has detained this man, forcing him into this confession. Lord, abide near Merrill Newman, and if he does not know You, draw him unto Yourself for salvation. We ask this prayer, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Evil men do not understand justice, but those who seek the Lord understand all." (Proverbs 28:5)
4. Iran's ultimatum for new nuclear talks: No 'Zionist' Israelis allowed - Washington Times
In what's sure to fuel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's angst over the American-forged nuclear development deal with Tehran, the foreign minister of Iran said Friday that all further discussions will have to leave out Israel. ...Iran "would not attend a meeting in which the Quds [or Jerusalem] occupy regime participates. We consider the Zionist regime as the biggest danger to the region and the world." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, the vileness and hatred being spewed out here is unreal. This is just a small part of what has been said and agreed upon in secret. We ask You, Father, to keep Your warrior angels all around Israel and pour Your strength, wisdom and will into the mind and spirit of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during this time and for however long it takes to truly settle this Iranian threat. Keep all Israeli citizens aware of how serious the hour is and draw them into unity. We ask in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Do not keep silent, O God! Do not hold Your peace, and do not be still, O God! For behold, Your enemies make a tumult; and those who hate You have lifted up their head." (Psalm 83:1-2)
5. Israeli officials denounce Obama for giving Iran right to enrich, destroying sanctions - Times of Israel
Unnamed Israeli officials denounced US President Barack Obama on Friday night for presiding over failed negotiations with Iran under which they said the sanctions pressure on Tehran is collapsing and the Islamic Republic has been granted the right to enrich uranium. The entire wall of sanctions, painstakingly constructed over years, is already crumbling and "will collapse within months," the officials were quoted as saying. (Read more)
- Abba Father, it has already been reported that President Obama has been easing these sanctions for months now, while the year-long secret talks with Iran have been quietly going on. It is also reported that this agreement has not been fully finalized so Iran is free to do as they wish with their nuclear program and have the money given to them to aid in finalizing themselves as a nuclear power. Have mercy Father, and help Your people who are scattered across the earth. Our nation's government has now clearly made its hatred toward Israel openly known. We await Your response, in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth.'" (Proverbs 27:1)
6. U.S. offers to destroy Syria's chemicals at sea - Townhall.com
The United States has offered to destroy Syrian chemicals on a U.S. ship, the global chemical weapons watchdog said on Saturday, and is looking for a suitable Mediterranean port where processing can be carried out. The report said 35 firms had expressed an interest in bidding for commercial contracts by Friday's deadline for the treatment of about 800 tonnes (1 tonne = 1.102 metric tons) of bulk industrial chemicals that are safe to destroy in commercial incinerators.But another 500 tonnes of chemicals, including nerve agents, are seen as too dangerous to import into a country or process commercially, and will be treated offshore on the U.S. ship. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, why are they doing this? If these chemicals cannot be brought into a country or processed commercially, why put them on a ship and pour them into the source of a major food supply, the oceans? Father, it seems we have world leaders with no concern for the consequences of many of their actions. Have mercy on us, Lord. We ask You to arise and contend with those who are contending with us. We ask this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "You who love the Lord, hate evil! He preserves the souls of His saints; He delivers them out of the hand of the wicked." (Psalm 97:10 )
7. Obama Faces Democrat Defections if Website Fixes Fail - Newsmax
Democratic leaders have given the White House space to work out the problems with the Obamacare website, but if it isn't right this time around, vulnerable Senate Democrats could distance themselves even more from the law they voted to pass. But with Obama's poll numbers at record lows and Americans are saying he's "untrustworthy," another failed Obamacare website rollout could slash his ratings even more, and with public approval of Obamacare also waning, Democrats are scrambling to show their constituents that they are trying to fix the problems. However, the fixes, including taking back the part of the law that cancels Americans' health plans, could hinder how the rest of the law works, experts say. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we continue to bring this vile law before Your throne for it to be broken up and cast away. It was passed without most lawmakers reading it and brings forth so many destructive regulations and requirements. We ask that You rise up and strike this law down, where it will not rise again. We pray in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Though his hatred is covered by deceit, his wickedness will be revealed before the assembly." (Proverbs 26:26)
8. Payments to Insurers Delayed in Latest Obamacare Setback - Newsmax
Parts of the Obamacare enrollment system used to pay insurers are being pushed back, potentially by several months, from January, in the latest technology delay for the president's U.S. health-care overhaul.
The administration is setting up a temporary process to pay companies the federal subsidies needed to help millions of Americans buy coverage because the online system won't be ready, said Aaron Albright, a spokesman for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Insurers will have to estimate what they are owed rather than have the government calculate the bill. (Read more)
- Lord, just reading this article shows that this law is so twisted and nonfunctional that it should be repealed and cast away. How does one in fairness do 'estimated' guesses of what is owed, subsidized or penalized? The information for this system is spread over many databases and would become so entangled that cleaning up incorrect data cannot occur. This is affecting in a serious manner most families' financial future and their very lives, along with the government having the right to just withdraw what they want from their bank accounts. Lord, we take the blood bought cross of Christ and drive it through every aspect of this destructive law, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so." (James 3:10 )
9. IRS auditing cancer patient who ripped Obamacare - The Blaze
A cancer patient who said publicly that his health coverage was canceled because of Obamacare now says he's being audited by the Internal Revenue Service. Bill Elliott appeared on Fox News' "The Kelly File" earlier this month and said he was told that his cancer was considered "beyond a catastrophic pre-existing condition" and his plan was being canceled because of new regulations. He said he was given the option of a new $1,500-per-month plan, up from the $180 per month or so that he'd been paying. Elliott told Fox's Megyn Kelly that he had decided he wasn't going to pay for the new expensive plan, and was instead going to take the financial penalty and "let nature take its course." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, here is a first hand account of a US citizen seriously impacted and endangered by this healthcare law. Now, because he publicly let others know what had happened to him, he suddenly is being audited for the year 2009 when he was not a small business owner but was a government employee. The IRS is also saying he will have to wait until later in the spring of 2014 to meet them about these charges. Father, we plead for citizens like this man who are being damaged badly by this law before it even is fully in place. Have mercy Father, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "For He shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those who condemn him." (Psalm 109:31)
10. Poll: Americans don't trust one another - USA Today
Americans don't trust each other anymore. These days, only one-third of Americans say most people can be trusted. Half felt that way in 1972, when the General Social Survey first asked the question. Does it matter that Americans are suspicious of one another? Yes, say worried political and social scientists. What's known as "social trust" brings good things.
A society where it's easier to compromise or make a deal. Where people are willing to work with those who are different from them for the common good. Where trust appears to promote economic growth.
Distrust, on the other hand, seems to encourage corruption. At the least, it diverts energy to counting change, drawing up 100-page legal contracts and building gated communities. (Read more)
- Father, we repent and weep before You that our nation has fallen so far, degenerating into lawlessness and amorality, with the serious consequence of people losing the ability to trust most of their fellow citizens. We know that a nation without the ability of its people to trust each other will continue in a downward spiral, and be unable to negotiate compromises and rebuild. Help direct Your remnant clearly, Lord, as to what You would have us do and where we need to be, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "A man who bears false witness against his neighbor is like a club, a sword, and a sharp arrow." (Proverbs 25:18)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?" (Genesis 18:25b)
1. Netanyahu: I will not 'shut up' when Israel's interests are at stake - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and his predecessor Ehud Olmert battled over Israel's Iran policy Sunday, with Olmert slamming Netanyahu for "waging war" against the US administration and Netanyahu responding that he would speak out loudly when Israel's security is at stake.
2. Ban: Settlement activity endangers negotiations - Jerusalem Post
Continued West Bank settlement activity endangers Israeli Palestinian negotiations in an already dangerous climate, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said on Friday in a statement he released in honor of the UN's International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People.
"I am alarmed by the increasingly dangerous situation on the ground. There has been an escalation of violence and incitement," Ban said. (Read more)
3. Clashes break out between Jewish, Muslim worshipers on Temple Mount - Jerusalem Post
Police closed the Temple Mount on Sunday, after two Muslims attacked two Jewish visitors who had been praying at the holy site. A video uploaded on the internet purports to capture the fight, which began after the Jewish men, accompanied by a police escort, sang the Hallel prayer and a number of Arabs promptly confronted them. Two men from the group then assaulted the Jewish visitors, resulting in the arrest of all four, police said.
The issue of limited Jewish prayer rights at the Temple Mount, under the control of the Wakf Muslim religious trust, continues to fuel debate between Arabs and Jews politically and socially. (Read more)
4. Report: Mossad seeks proof of Iran breach of nuclear deal - Ynet News
Israeli intelligence is seeking proof of Iran violating the interim nuclear deal that was struck last week in Geneva with the world powers, the British Sunday Times reported on Sunday. According to the report, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu instructed Israeli intelligence and Mossad chiefs to seek evidence of Iranian sabotage aimed at bypassing international sanctions and bans, prior to the signing of the accord. (Read more)
5. Rohani: Iran will not dismantle nuclear sites - Ynet News
In an interview with the Financial Times on Friday, Iranian President Hassan Rohani clarified that his country has no intention of disarming its nuclear facilities. (Read more)
6. Iran 'will never abandon Arak heavy water reactor' - Times of India
TEHRAN: Iran's nuclear chief Ali Akbar Salehi has said Tehran will never abandon the Arak heavy water reactor, considering it a "red line" in talks with world powers, media reported on Sunday.
"Your actions and words show you don't want us to have the Arak heavy water reactor which means you want to deprive us of our rights," Salehi was quoted as saying by the website of state broadcaster IRIB. (Read more)
7. Iran, Russia in talks on new Bushehr nuclear plant - AFP
Iran and Russia are in talks to build another nuclear plant at Bushehr, with construction set to begin in 2014, media Sunday reported nuclear chief Ali Akbar Salehi as saying.
"With the progress made in the Geneva talks, next year we will see the start of construction on another nuclear power plant in Bushehr," said Salehi of the landmark deal clinched with world powers on Tehran's disputed nuclear drive. (Read more)
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34:18)
Pastor and 20 Believers from Government Sanctioned Church Detained in Central China
Members of a sanctioned church in China were detained and mistreated, including the pastor and his family. Pastor Zhang Xiaojie was tied up by police without reason. His family and church members gathered outside the police station in protest after the arrest. The Chinese have not given arrest notices to the families of any of the people being detained.
11/19/2013 (China Aid News)
Read full story here.
Pray that Pastor Zhang and the other church members will be returned home quickly.
Pray that the illegality of the police's actions will be brought to public attention,
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
"Heaven is for Real" - Now made into a movie!
Most of us remember the book, "Heaven is for Real," that told the amazing story of a four-year-old boy who "died" and went to heaven . . . only to return to begin reporting what he had seen.
For many weeks in the summer of 2012, this book was sold in bookstores and at airports across the nation, quickly reaching the #1 slot on the New York Times bestseller list, also for many weeks, too.
We are pleased to announce that now, Hollywood has turned this amazing testimony into a movie, that will be released next Easter. (Please see below for details.)
Join us now in lifting up the new movie, "Heaven Is for Real," asking our Lord to draw millions to see this film, that their lives might be transformed by the power of Jesus Christ. Praise the Lord!
Heaven Is For Real brings to the screen the true story of a small-town father who must find the courage and conviction to share his son's extraordinary, life-changing experience with the world. Todd and Sonja Burpo are a real-life couple whose son Colton claims to have visited Heaven during a near death experience. Colton recounts the details of his amazing journey with childlike innocence and speaks matter-of-factly about things that happened before his birth: things he couldn't possibly know. Todd and his family are then challenged to examine the meaning from this remarkable event.
To view a preview of "Heaven is for Real," go here.
Worship With Us Today!
Songs for Advent:
John Tavener - "The Lamb"
From the album "Adagio Chillout"
To listen to this powerful hymn, go here.
Little Lamb, who made thee?
Dost thou know who made thee?
Gave thee life, and bid thee feed
By the stream and o'er the mead;
Gave thee clothing of delight,
Softest clothing, woolly, bright;
Gave thee such a tender voice,
Making all the vales rejoice?
Little Lamb, who made thee?
Dost thou know who made thee?
Little Lamb, I'll tell thee,
Little Lamb, I'll tell thee:
He is called by thy name,
For he calls himself a Lamb.
He is meek, and he is mild;
He became a little child.
I, a child, and thou a lamb,
We are called by his name.
Little Lamb, God bless thee!
Little Lamb, God bless thee!
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are! Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!