Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
"'Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." ( Luke 2:10,11)
The third (pink) candle on the Advent Wreath is JOY!
The Daily Brief
1. U.S. Plan Gives Jerusalem Holy Sites to Vatican - WorldNetDaily
John Kerry quietly presented a U.S. plan for eastern Jerusalem that calls for an international administrative mandate to control holy sites in the area, according to informed Palestinian and Israeli diplomatic sources.The exact composition of the international mandate is up for discussion, the sources said, but Kerry's plan recommended a coalition that includes the Vatican, together with a group of Muslim countries such as Turkey and Saudi Arabia. "We are working on an approach that both guarantees Israel's security and fully respects Palestinian sovereignty," Kerry added. (Read more)
- Father God, this plan that blocks out any consideration that Almighty God holds Jerusalem in His hands is treading on dangerous ground. Jerusalem is not up for grabs. God created Jerusalem to be the center-point of the world. He put His Name in Jerusalem. Woe to the man who toys with its destiny. Turn back the evil against Jerusalem and bind these forces under the power of the Blood of Jesus Christ. Paralyze their evil. In Jesus' Name we pray.
- "Arise, O Lord; let not man prevail: let the heathen be judged in Your sight. Put them in fear, O Lord: that the nations may know themselves to be but men." (Psalm 9:19-20)
2. EU warns Israel not to let peace talks fail - UPI
European diplomats warned Israel against new West Bank settlement construction, promising "unprecedented" incentives if peace talks succeed, officials said. The foreign ministers of the 28 European Union member states passed a resolution Monday promising Israel and the Palestinians an "unprecedented package" of economic, political and security aid if a peace treaty is achieved, Haaretz reported Tuesday. (Read more)
- Father, we pray that Israel will prevail against all their enemies and be protected by the Lord God so they can continue with settlement construction to house the influx of immigrants moving to that land. Father, we ask that You break the yoke of the European Union off the neck of Israel. Their promise of an unprecedented package holds no weight after noting their past one-sided stance with the Palestinians and against Israel. Raise up a heavenly host of angels to protect Israel. In Jesus' Name.
- "The Lord of hosts has sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand: That I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders. For the Lord of hosts has purposed, and who shall disannul it? and his hand is stretched out upon all nations, and who shall turn it back?" (Isaiah 14:24-27)
3. After epic storm, Jerusalem partly returns to life - Times of Israel
Jerusalem partially returned to life Tuesday morning, after a heavy winter snow storm left the capital isolated and largely shut down over the weekend. Schools, city hall and public transportation were all set to return to operation in one form or another. (Read more)
- God, because of this snow storm, You purposed that a time of peace would settle upon Jerusalem and there would be a returning to the Lord. Draw the hearts of all those in Jerusalem to the Lord God of their fathers. Bless the people and the land to encounter the very real God who loves them. In Jesus' Name.
-"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, but we will walk in the Name of the Lord our God forever and ever." (Micah 4:5)
4. Russia Confirms Tactical Missile Deployment on NATO Borders - Ria Novosti
Russia confirmed Monday that it has deployed tactical ballistic missiles near its borders with NATO but said the move did not violate international agreements. Bild newspaper in Germany reported over the weekend that Russia had "quietly" moved 10 Iskander-M (SS-26 Stone) missile systems into its Baltic exclave of Kaliningrad and along its border with the Baltic States and NATO members Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. (Read more)
- Lord God of all the earth, we pray protection for the believers in all these nations that they be hidden under the canopy of the Lord. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "God rules by His power forever; His eyes behold the nations; let not the rebellious exalt themselves." (Psalm 66:7)
5. Syrian Christians turning to Russia for protection - Voice of Russia
About 50,000 Syrian Christians want to apply for Russian citizenship. In a letter to the Russian Foreign Ministry, they said that they were not planning to flee Syria, but if threatened with physical elimination, they would pin their hopes on Russia as the guarantor of their survival. Analysts think that despite the difficulties their request may involve, it won't go unheeded. (Read more)
- Father God, guide these Syrian Christians in the way they should go and open to them the door that will provide them the protection they need. Let no harm come to them, my Father. Protect them from the enemy, we ask. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeks Him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord." (Lamentations 3:25-26)
6. NSA mass phone surveillance programme 'unconstitutional' - BBC
A US judge has ruled the National Security Agency's mass collection of telephone data unconstitutional. Federal District Judge Richard Leon said the electronic spy agency's practice was an "arbitrary invasion". The agency's collection of "metadata" including telephone numbers and times and dates of calls was exposed by ex-NSA contractor Edward Snowden. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank you for this ruling passed down by Federal District Judge Richard Leon and we ask You to multiply this decision in all the courts in America. We thank You that this sin committed by NSA was exposed and the world was warned of their evil deeds and our judges are now standing for the rights of the people of America. Strengthen the hand of this judge and protect him by the Blood of Jesus. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.
- "By mercy and truth, iniquity is taken away; and by the fear of the Lord men depart from evil. When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him." (Proverbs 16:6-7)
7. Sheriffs Refuse to Enforce Laws on Gun Control - New York Times
...Sheriff John Cooke of Weld County explains...why he is not enforcing the state's new gun laws, he holds up two 30-round magazines. One, he says, he had before July 1, when the law banning the possession...went into effect. The other, he "maybe" obtained afterward. He shuffles the magazines, which look identical, and then challenges the audience to tell the difference. "How is a deputy or an officer supposed to know which is which?" he asks. (Read more)
- Father God, we pray that the thief who steals, kills and destroys will not have authority over the gun control laws in America. We ask that You will stand with those who uphold the rights of the people to have guns for their protection and not be victims of unconstitutional laws banning the people this right. We thank you, Lord, for Your intervention regarding this issue, and we thank You for the courage of these sheriffs in the State of Colorado, who will uphold our Second Amendment right to bear arms for the citizens in their state. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.
- "Go from the presence of a foolish man, when you perceive not in him the words of knowledge." (Proverbs 14:7)
8. BULLETIN! Vets face pension cuts after vote fails - Fox News
Final push by Senate Republicans to block cuts to military retiree benefits fails after Dems reject an amendment to the two-year budget bill, which is expected to face a final vote Wednesday.
- Oh God . . . Oh God . . . Oh God . . . how far we have now fallen as a nation! We ask You to forgive those who are moving to cut these benefits, because we are unable to do so. Thank you, Lord . . . they know not what they do. May judgment fall quickly upon the United States Senate for this wicked deed. And for our precious retired veterans: Abba, please make a way for each one's needs to be met from Your Kingdom Government, for the government of man has surely failed them. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted in them. Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble, and He delivered them out of their distresses." (Psalm 107:5)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
" . . . He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep."
1. Hamas and the Palestinian Authority in talks to form unity government - Jerusalem Post
PA President Mahmoud Abbas is in talks with Hamas head Khaled Mashaal and Gaza Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh to form unity government ahead of presidential and parliamentary elections, reported Palestinian news agency Ma'an Tuesday.
2. EU warns Israel not to let peace talks fail - UPI
European diplomats warned Israel against new West Bank settlement construction, promising "unprecedented" incentives if peace talks succeed, officials said.
3. IDF Soldiers Warned Against Contact with Messianic Jews - Israel Today
The citizens of Israel woke up this week to a special early morning announcement by the Israeli Army on news broadcasts all across the country: The Ministry of Defense has ordered that all soldiers staying in Jerusalem over the Sabbath are not allowed to have any contact with members of the sect of Jews who preach faith in Yeshua (Jesus).
4. US security plan included IDF troops on West Bank highway - Times of Israel
The Palestinian negotiating team rejected an American peace plan that would involve Israeli military presence along the Jordan Valley highway, located five kilometers (three miles) from the Jordanian border, after the establishment of a future Palestinian state.
5. Ministers okay bill mandating two-thirds majority for dividing Jerusalem - Jerusalem Post
A bill requiring a two-thirds majority in the Knesset for negotiations to divide Jerusalem was approved by the Ministerial Committee for Legislation Sunday.
6. Livni blocks bill limiting foreign gov't donations to far-left NGOs - Jerusalem Post
Justice Minister Tzipi Livni appealed on Sunday the Ministerial Committee for Legislation's support for a bill which would declare foreign government donations to anti-Israel NGOs no longer tax-exempt.
7. Fatah official: No meeting between Abbas and Netanyahu - Times of Israel
A Fatah official denied on Monday that Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas would meet Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in the near future, noting that any meeting between the two leaders would be contingent upon progress in peace negotiations.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler. . ." (Psalm 91:3)
American Missionary Kenneth Bae Remains Imprisoned in North Korea - CSW
On 6 December, North Korea released 85-year-old American tourist and Korean war veteran, Merrill Newman, after detaining him for more than a week for allegedly plotting against Pyongyang. However, his compatriot and missionary, Kenneth Bae, 46, is still held captive at a labour camp.
Newman's release came about a week after the state media claimed he had apologised for alleged crimes during the Korean War and for "hostile acts" against the state during a trip in October.
Newman had gone on a 10-day private tour of the country when just minutes before his plane was to depart for home, North Korean authorities took him away.
The ex-Army officer thanked American and Swedish diplomats who worked to secure his release and said he was tired and ready to be with his family.
The US State Department is again calling on North Korea to grant the same amnesty to Bae as a humanitarian gesture. US Vice President, Joe Biden, praised the release of Merrill while advocating for Bae, saying, "It's a positive thing they have done, but they have Mr Bae, who has no reason being held in the North and should be released immediately and we are going to continue to demand his release as well."
Added spokesperson for the White House National Security Counil, Caitlin Hayden, "Kenneth Bae has been in DPRK custody for over a year, and we continue to urge the DPRK authorities to grant him amnesty and immediate release."
Bae is the longest-serving American detainee in North Korea since the end of the Korean War in 1953. He was arrested in Rajin city on 3 November 2012. This was supposedly for plots against the government. He was sentenced to 15 years of hard labour.
Bae's family, including his elderly mother, has pleaded for his release, and the State department had sent Ambassador Robert King, the president's special envoy for North Korean human rights issues, to Pyongyang to negotiate his freedom. However, the North Korean government has so far refused to comply.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Madison Report
The Madison Report
The Democrats will continue to jam through their last-minute nominees using the nuclear option and thereby confirming them with just 51 votes. For example, Democrats plan to ram through the nomination of Jeh Johnson to serve as the next Secretary of Homeland Security. Johnson shares all of the views of President Obama on immigration. He will continue the policies of open borders, hamstringing our border agents, and promoting administrative amnesty. Given Obama's refusal to uphold our immigration laws, there is no excuse for any Republican to support Johnson, even those who are sympathetic to an amnesty bill.
On Thursday, the Senate will vote to confirm Janet Yellen as the next Chair of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve. As Vice Chair of the Fed, Yellen has been even more zealous in pushing monetary stimulus and interventionist policies than Ben Bernanke. She has refused to divulge her plans for winding down the endless monetary stimulus and how long she plans to keep interest rates below the level of inflation. She is also vehemently opposed to any congressional oversight or audit of the Fed. Sadly, she is likely to be confirmed with bipartisan support.
Backlash To Ryan Deal Grows
Backlash To Ryan Deal Grows
Is the Ryan-Murray budget deal going to die in the Senate? It's entirely possible. The budget deal gets $6 billion of its "savings" by implementing cuts in military retirees' pensions. Republican senators are not happy, and more of them are announcing that, because of the cuts, they will vote "No." Veterans of Foreign Wars has come out strongly against the provision.
Democrats have a clear majority in the Senate, and most of them are for the deal. But if too many jump ship the legislation would require some Republican votes. Whatever happens tomorrow, the deal is unlikely to be a plus for Rep. Paul Ryan if he decides to compete in the 2016 GOP presidential campaign. (Gary Bauer)
Here Comes Polygamy
Here Comes Polygamy
We said it would happen and it has. Late on Friday a Federal District Court in Salt Lake City struck down a sizeable portion of Utah's law that prohibits polygamy. The judge cited the same legal theories that have been used by the homosexual rights movement to weaken and attack the legal consensus that marriage is one man and one woman. The prohibition against incest will be the next assault of the revolution being forced on us by the cultural left led by Hollywood and the political left led by Barack Obama.
Over a decade ago, Dr. James Dobson and I predicted this outcome in the book we coauthored, Children at Risk. We were quickly labeled as fear mongering extremists. I will stick close to my phone waiting for apologies from those who attacked us.
If this breakdown in moral and social norms continues, it won't matter what our marginal tax cuts are or the size of the budget deficit. Great nations don't fall from only economic stresses. America's leftist elites want to rip our nation away from Judeo-Christian values. If they succeed our "shining city on a hill" will just be another brothel. (Gary Bauer)
The Daily Jot
When lies are broken
It wasn't too long ago (November 22, 2011) that the president told the anarchists in the Occupy Wall Street movement, "Families like yours, young people like the ones here today - including the ones who were just chanting at me - you're the reason that I ran for office in the first place." Prior to that, in an ABC News interview, he said on October 18, 2011: "The most important thing we can do right now is those of us in leadership letting people know that we understand their struggles and we are on their side, and that we want to set up a system in which hard work, responsibility, doing what you're supposed to do, is rewarded." He broke his lies to them with more lies.
The Occupy Wall Street group was an eclectic mix of anarchists, communists, socialists, libertarians, and a sprinkling of others who just wanted to protest the government. The president said he supported them, so how did he break his lies to them? The lie was that the president said those making millions upon millions on Wall Street were exploiting the people while getting rich. All the while, he was accepting campaign contributions from the very same executives of investment banking companies he was characterizing as outlaws to the American public. But that's not all. Thereafter he systematically gave your hard earned money to Wall Street through a wealth transfer program called quantitative easing.
Quantitative easing is a socialist practice where the Federal Reserve props up the stock market by buying securities on the government's tab. What it means is that the president has authorized the bailing out of Wall Street at taxpayers' expense--to the tune of some $85 billion a month and a total debt of over $4 TRILLION since 2008. Former Fed official Andrew Huszar wrote in the Wall Street Journal on November 11, "I was responsible for executing the centerpiece program of the Fed's first plunge into the bond-buying experiment known as quantitative easing. The central bank continues to spin QE as a tool for helping Main Street. But I've come to recognize the program for what it really is: the greatest backdoor Wall Street bailout of all time."
The high crime and misdemeanor here is that the president and his minions have used their position to transfer your wealth to two groups of people: those who fund their campaigns, and those who they control--Wall Street and welfare. This is unbiblical covetousness and theft. Solomon wrote in Ecclesiastes 3:9, "What profit has he that works in his labors?" Verse 13 answers: "And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labor, it is the gift of God." Yet this president, Congress, and their fellow schemers and conspirators use cunning means to rob you of this gift, transfer it to others, and award themselves with power and riches--while making you think they have the right to do it.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
(This article was published on Monday, Dec. 16)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Amish journey to Israel, seeking forgiveness from Jews
Some members of the Anabaptist community - including a group of local Amish men - have a message for the Jewish people. They're sorry. They expressed their sorrow in words and song during a visit to Israel over Thanksgiving week. It was part of an ongoing mission of reconciliation between people of two essentially disparate faiths. "This was our third trip," said Steve Lapp, of Ephrata.
About a dozen Anabaptists from Lancaster and Lebanon counties - as well as nearly two dozen more Amish, Mennonites and Hutterites from Ohio, Indiana, Montana, Idaho and Canada - returned Dec. 1 from the latest effort in a process that began three years ago. "In 2010, the mission was to go and apologize to the Jews and Israel for rejecting Israel and (for) the atrocities that they went through during the Holocaust," Lapp said. "Our people were silent during that time," he said. "We didn't speak up against it."
There was even some residual anti-Semitism among the Anabaptist community, added Jonas Stoltzfus, of Paradise. Lapp described the sentiment as: "The Jews crucified Jesus and thereby missed the mark." Many Christians felt they had replaced the Jews as God's chosen people, he said. "But the Scriptures say God has made an everlasting covenant with Israel," he said. "And an everlasting covenant cannot be broken." That realization might be coming late in the game, he conceded. "This generation seems to have a greater awareness of forgiveness." "It's about reconciliation," Stoltzfus said. "God in his sovereignty . . . is able to bring about a revelation. This is the time. This is now."
Much in common
Although at first glance the similarities between the Amish and Jewish cultures might seem to begin and end with a shared "ish" suffix, Lapp said they have much in common.
He and his fellow travelers rattled off several key elements of both societies, including a traditional style of dress, a focus on the Old Testament, family and community values, and a respect for hard work.
Members of both faiths exchanged blessings, said Aaron Lapp Jr., of Gordonville, who has gone on two of the three mission trips to Israel. "There was a deep love coming from both parties - more than there was before," he said. "The relationships between us are building."
Stoltzfus said relationship-building so far has been limited mostly to extending an olive branch to Israel - although, he said, a group of local Anabaptists toured the Hassidic area of Brooklyn in New York City in 2008 and met with some of the Jewish population there in a similar mission of outreach.
There hasn't been much contact with Jewish people in Lancaster, he said, although he expects that will occur in the future. (Lancaster Online) Read more.
> > > We praise God today for this glorious report! Thank You, God!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today
(Emmanuel) Worship Video
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are! Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!